Joe Biden Will Have Gun Restriction Proposals By Next Tuesday…. 1/15/13

The first day for Senate Legislation is January 22nd – That’s when Dianne Feinstein is expected to begin her gun removal law through the Senate.   Her legislation is ready to go….   Now VP Joe Biden says his recommendations will be presented to President Obama by next Tuesday January 15th.

Obama-Feet-Furniture-10WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging swift action to curb gun violence, Vice President Joe Biden said he would deliver new policy proposals to President Barack Obama by Tuesday.

Biden said that while he had not finalized his recommendations, a consensus was emerging over banning assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines, as well as tightening background checks.

Some of those measures are likely to face opposition from some pro-gun groups, most notably the powerful National Rifle Association. A representative from the NRA was scheduled to meet with Biden Thursday afternoon. *snip*   The NRA sees what is coming:

The National Rifle Association emerged from a meeting Thursday with Vice President Biden and accused his gun violence task force of leading an “attack” on the Second Amendment — just hours after Biden gave a glimpse into the gun-control recommendations expected to hit the president’s desk in a matter of days.

undefined

The vice president said earlier that “an emerging set of recommendations” focuses on launching “universal” background checks, restricting high-capacity magazines and allowing federal agencies to do more research on gun violence.

He revealed where the task force was headed a day after drawing outrage from Republican lawmakers by saying the administration might use “executive orders” to implement some policies. He said he plans to have the recommendations, which are not yet final, to President Obama by Tuesday.

But the NRA, after sitting down with Biden and other firearms groups Thursday afternoon, blasted the effort as primarily focused on restricting gun rights.

“We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment,” the group said in a written statement. “While claiming that no policy proposals would be ‘prejudged,’ this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners — honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. (link)

molon labe pic

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Joe Biden Will Have Gun Restriction Proposals By Next Tuesday…. 1/15/13

1. Coast says:

Here one of the reasons the second amendment has already been neutered. When government officials have their own private taxpayer funded armies, they don’t worry about the ramifications of their actions. Meanwhile, they work to disarm law abiding citizens…

• Sam says:

You beat me to it. I want to move to Wyoming.

• canadacan says:

This is an excellent start

• WeeWeed says:

I agree.

• cajunkelly says:

This is the base content of our (Louisiana’s) new gun laws.

Louisiana’s senate voted Monday to amend the state’s constitution to make it more difficult to restrict firearms.

The proposal, backed by the NRA, drew little opposition, passing by a 31-6 vote. No one spoke against the bill on the Senate floor, the AP reported.

Louisiana’s constitution currently states the “right of each citizen to keep and bear arms,” but permits “passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person.” The proposed bill, SB303, would remove the language about concealed weapons and guarantee the right to bear arms “for defense of life and liberty and for all other legitimate purposes.”

The bill’s sponsor, Neil Riser, said the language would give the state “the strongest gun protection law in the nation.”

2. Coast says:

Let’s pretend for a few minutes that Obama’s and Biden’s goal was to really protect America from gun violence, while adhering to their oath of office. How would that “goal” read…and what action steps would they be working on? Would it be something like this?
    Goal: To ensure that firearms are assessable to citizens of sound mind and character and to ensure their use is lawful and proper.

Step 1…Improve the moral health of the country.
    Actions…Allow God to be part of our educational system, have effective drug prevention education, teach citizenship and ethics, strengthen the family unit, stop promoting the LGTB agenda, crack down on gang related activity…..

Step 2…Ensure that mental health issue are identified, addressed and properly treated.
    Actions…Encourage early identification of health issues, remove and treat dangerous people that are living off the street, evaluate drugs for cause/effect associated with dangerous/violent behavior…

Step 3…Ensure gun owners are properly trained in firearm safety, including handling and storage.
    Actions…Provide free or low-cost training on the proper use/handling and storage of firearms, enforce laws designed to encourage proper gun storage…

Step 4…Ensure that citizens have the ability to protect themselves and their families.
    Actions…Outlaw “gun free” zones unless that area has adequate and competent armed security, ensure proper training and competency for anyone that will carry concealed weapon, encourage armed security for high profile target areas, such as schools and public places…

But instead, their goal is “just remove the gun”.

• Sam says:

Included in there someplace would be to tell Hollywood, game makers and rappers to tone it down with the violence. Rappers shouldn’t be praising cop killing. It’s a decency issue, not a free speech matter.

• Coast says:

I agree…and that would be an action within step 1 (moral health). Good luck in the govt doing anything relative to Step 1.

• michellc says:

I read I think on IOW about having an argument with a gun grabber who used the old tired argument of the 2nd amendment written addressing muskets, that the 1st amendment was written without the knowledge of radio, tv, internet, etc. so your stupid opinion is only covered if you write it on parchment paper with a turkey feather. It made me chuckle.
        My youngest son made me proud last night, when I said evil is in the hearts of men, only God can change their hearts and that’s only if man allows it. He said no Mom, you’re wrong. Hearts of man can be changed at least many of them if they had parents who raised them like you raised me, teach kids right from wrong, teach children God’s word, don’t allow your children to listen to thug music, don’t allow games into your home, don’t allow your kids to watch any tv show without knowing what they’re watching and most of all be parents to your children, value their life more than your own, love them with all your heart, kiss their bruised knees and paddle their behinds when they do wrong and most of all teach them every life is precious. I have to say he has grown into a very smart young man, one that brought tears to his old mom’s eyes.

3. lovemygirl says:

So they wrote the law and then met with gun owner representatives.

4. triage says:

These people don’t give a damm about our childrens safety. They want to disarm us. We can not forget that. None of their recommendations will be evidenced based so they won’t improve our safety and they don’t care. With the upcoming appointments to the Secretaries of Defence, Treasury, and the CIA director they are putting all the parts in order. You have to put this in perspective with TSA and Homeland Security puchasing hundred of thousands of rounds of ammunition and black plastic coffins and wonder who is this for? Get ready.

• WeeWeed says:

I knew about the ammo – what’re the black plastic coffins? I haven’t heard about those, yet. Cremating us would be cheaper. See Nazi Germany circa 1942.

• lovemygirl says:

It is part of some of the internet conspiracy stuff. I usually type “debunking” in front of a claim, read both sides and consider the source.

Here is what I found them to be:
        The black polypropylene products purported to be coffins are grave liners, or burial vaults, manufactured by Convington, Ga.-based Vantage Products. (In this case, they are examples of the company’s Standard Air Seal model.) The use of a burial vault, which prevents the collapse of cemetery ground and protects the casket, is a common requirement when a body is interred.

The filmed lot in Madison, Ga., is a Vantage storage facility. Of the 900,000 or so in-ground burials in the U.S. each year, a small percentage of those people prearranged their own caskets and vaults–which Vanguard holds at the storage facility until the appropriate time. According to company Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, there are approximately 50,000 vaults in storage in Madison. “It’s nowhere near the quantity they talk about on the Internet,” he told the local Morgan County Citizen newspaper. Furthermore, Lacey has said the company maintains detailed records of product ownership and is audited annually, to insure all vaults are accounted for.

5. lovemygirl says:

Since it eventually requires 3/4ths of the States to approve an amendment to the Constitution, I’m wondering if there is something along the lines of if 3/4ths of the States will not abide by a federal mandate then their rights supercedes the Feds? I know, wishful thinking.

• Coast says:

The last part of the second amendment reads “shall not be infringed”. That means that the Federal government has zero business in creating any type of gun control laws.

• lovemygirl says:

I agree but they are moving full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes. Looking for States to maybe head them off somehow.

• cjmartel says:

Oh they can go full speed ahead, I firmly believe Americans are becoming cognizant of what the real motive to disarmament is, CONTROL, nothing less. Why is it that twenty kids in a nice neighborhood are gunned down and the pos in chief has crocodile tears, yet two to three hundred kids are killed each year in major cities all across America, that is two to three hundred in EACH city, and there is no hue and cry? I find that amazing. There will be r*&^%#ion if these idiots try ANY type of gun control measure, I dare not type the word, I’ll end up with a swat team up my six! You get the picture, NO GUN LAWS, what part of “shall not be infringed” do these assclowns not understand? I have been in law enforcement for over thirty years, served four years in the Navy during the Vietnam era, and there is no way in hell that I will register, or turn in my weapons, obama and biden can go to hell!

• The second amendment is not a ‘stand alone’ document. It was introduced and ratified collectively as the “Bill of Rights” which encompasses amendments 1-10. Repealing the Bill of Rights is obviously unpalatable, but this gang has shown no inclination that they are going to let a silly thing like the law stand in their way.

6. WeeWeed says:

I know exactly what this filth that passes for our government is thinking – AND what their goals are.

Photobucket

7. cajunkelly says:

This caller to Rush today made me cry, seriously. That’s a first. I thought the man was a senior citizen from his voice. Rush was up against a hard break after talking with him for several minutes, but asked him to hang on…not hang up. When coming back from the break Rush simply spoke about the call. I suspect, and dearly hope I’m right, that Rush did something for this true Hero.

8. BertDilbert says:

Notice how Obama has placed the burden on Biden so that if anything goes wrong he can always say it was Biden’s recommendation and remain Teflon..

9. triage says:

I apologize for mentioning the black coffins in my previous post. Thank you lovemygirl for the clarification. I always try to make sure that i have good evidence for anything I state but I neglected to post only known facts on that issue as i think I was just feeling so strongly about what was happening in our country at the time I posted it. No excuse. This site has very rational commentary and I should have maintained that standard.