You can continue to claim “they won’t”, “they can’t, “no-way”, it’ll never happen“, et al, until the cows come home. Meanwhile til “they do”, I’ll keep sharing their open intentions. Confirmed what we presented last week – Sweeping firearms reforms by end of January.
If you do not own a firearm by end of January (Feb 15th at the latest) you will never own one. Period. “Something fundamental in America has to change“…
President Obama’s own recent words:
- Yesterday: We will move “quickly”
- Dec. 30th: “Guns Make us less safe” – “America agrees with me”
- Dec. 26th: “Day One, Bill One” – “Ban Guns” (registered or confiscated)
- Dec. 20th: Obama/Biden Pledge: “end private sales of used firearms”.
- Dec. 18th: Obama Promise: Creation of “No gun list” similar to “No fly list”.
- Dec. 17th: Gun Ban will be “first bill, on first day, of new session”
- Dec. 16th: Eric Holder - you really need to rethink the term “freedom” and “firearms”.
WASHINGTON DC - Vice President Joe Biden “guaranteed” Mayor Thomas M. Menino — a leading national gun control advocate — that President Obama will pass sweeping firearms reforms by the end of the month, the mayor said today.
“He said, ‘Tommy, I guarantee you, we’ll get it done by the end of January,’” Menino said at City Hall today. “They’re going to get it done.”
The mayor, who has been recovering from a host of ailments for the past two months, said Biden called him several times while he was in the hospital, including a call after the Newtown school massacre to discuss gun control.
Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg co-chair the 500-mayor-strong Mayors Against Illegal Guns and have called for a national gun reforms in the wake of last month’s Sandy Hook school killings.
“I understand the second amendment, the right to bear arms. But I don’t understand how young kids should be able to get guns,” he said.
Menino added that the president has “no excuse not to pass strong (gun reform) legislation,” since he is in his last term and doesn’t have to worry about angering pro-gun voters or the National Rifle Association. (read more)