You can continue to claim “they won’t”, “they can’t, “no-way”, it’ll never happen“, et al, until the cows come home.   Meanwhile til “they do”, I’ll keep sharing their open intentions.    Confirmed what we presented last week – Sweeping firearms reforms by end of January.

Senator-Dianne-Feinstein

If you do not own a firearm by end of January (Feb 15th at the latest) you will never own one.  Period.    “Something fundamental in America has to change“…

President Obama’s own recent words:

WASHINGTON DC - Vice President Joe Biden “guaranteed” Mayor Thomas M. Menino — a leading national gun control advocate — that President Obama will pass sweeping firearms reforms by the end of the month, the mayor said today.

“He said, ‘Tommy, I guarantee you, we’ll get it done by the end of January,’” Menino said at City Hall today. “They’re going to get it done.”

The mayor, who has been recovering from a host of ailments for the past two months, said Biden called him several times while he was in the hospital, including a call after the Newtown school massacre to discuss gun control.

Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg co-chair the 500-mayor-strong Mayors Against Illegal Guns and have called for a national gun reforms in the wake of last month’s Sandy Hook school killings.

undefined

“I understand the second amendment, the right to bear arms. But I don’t understand how young kids should be able to get guns,” he said.

Menino added that the president has “no excuse not to pass strong (gun reform) legislation,” since he is in his last term and doesn’t have to worry about angering pro-gun voters or the National Rifle Association.  (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Potus Gun Ban. Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to VP Biden: Gun Control Programs Will Be Finished By “End Of January”…. Boston Dem Mayor Says Biden “Guaranteed” Him Obama Will Pass Major Gun Control Reforms By “End Of January”…

1. Chip Bennett says:

I still believe they are over-playing their hand with Feinstein’s bill, but Boehner’s utter and complete capitulation on the Fiscal Cliff legislation certainly has me worried.

The time to start making phone calls to congresscritters is now.

2. ar10308 says:

Boehner stood up to the Sandy Pork Bill, what evidence can you provide the he wont stand up to the gun control bill?

• Chip Bennett says:

Exhibit A: the Fiscal Cliff bill (I refuse to call it a “deal”, as that would have required at least a modicum of compromise).

• ar10308 says:

In the case of the fiscal cliff, Obama had Rs backs against the wall with an impending deadline.
        Not so with this one.

Again, I am asking for evidence, relatively concrete evidence.

• recoverydotgod says:

Why disclose evidence other than their own words right now…this early in January? Evidence can confirm their words at the right time, and then their words will be as evidence against them.

• michellc says:

Their backs were against the wall by them fearing the blame for going over the cliff. Now their fear will be they want murdered children.
          Come on over to the dark side, it sucks, it keeps you up at night but at least you have more time to prepare before you’re sucker punched.

I was with you for a long time, there is no way a GOP led house will pass this, before they rolled over like a scared puppy. I’m no longer willing to put any faith in the House. Far as I’m concerned they’re the enemy as well, they just come around saying the right things while doing the wrong things.

I hope Sundance is wrong, I hope I’m wrong and I know Sundance hopes he’s wrong, but it’s better to be prepared for the worst instead of being caught flat footed.

• Menagerie says:

The Republicans are a lost cause. They will not hold against the onslaught. The vast lot of them are cowards without one ounce of integrity between them.

• Wraith says:

Finally, people are starting to get it. I’m gonna say it one more time:

If you place the slightest bit of faith in another Republican, another election or another call to your congressbeing, YOU. ARE. STUCK. ON. STUPID. You are denying the clear and present evidence right in front of your own eyes.

The rule of law is dead, and no one in Washington is on our side. Period.

3. Doug says:

What about the “Dick Act of 1902″?? Why is nobody talking about this?? Anyway, they can ban what they want. That will be the start of the 2nd American Revolution. After that all bets are off!!

4. anwtex says:

What’s wrong with people? This social engineering must stop!
    ~~

“Five on-duty but out of uniform detectives were in the middle of their meal at the Denny’s. The restaurant chain said a customer spotted one of the officers carrying a gun and alerted the manager. The manager told the detective she would have to leave or secure the gun in her car, that guns are not allowed in Denny’s…”

5. ThatOldGuy says:

“If you do not own a firearm by end of January (Feb 15th at the latest) you will never own one. Period.”

Not so! Black markets FTW.

• ThatOldGuy says:

O/T: I don’t understand why the image next to my name changes between a sick, green face to my actual chosen picture.
      ——————-
      hmmmm…I don’t know why the inconsistency, but just wanted to confirm to you that if you have a chosen avatar, that is indeed what should be showing up. And for what it’s worth, any who are “admin” on the site are basically loggin in via the same methods and trails that readers/commenters are. We have different privileges within the site, but our routes of access are no different.

–Admin

• ctdar says:

Ck spelling? I log out of WordPress when I leave site. Sometimes when i log back in with a typo, another cartoon avator appears.

• ThatOldGuy says:

I never logout :)

I’m not really sure I’ve figured all this WordPress stuff out yet. Sometimes it’s just a matter of refreshing the page and I’ll have my image back. Weird.

• Chip Bennett says:

It is based entirely on the email address you enter. Do you switch between different email addresses? If so, you should add the alternate email address(es) to your Gravatar account; that way, your chosen Gravatar will appear regardless of which email address you use.

Otherwise, check for a potential typo in the email address you enter. (A CTH admin, if asked nicely, could probably check this for you, by looking at the details of your comments that display your chosen Gravatar as compared to the sickly, green face.)
        —————-
        Thanks for the help here, Chip. I’ll take a look and see if there are any unexpected deviations in the email info. –Admin

• ThatOldGuy says:

I don’t switch between addresses (I explained to ctdar above that I never log off my email, and I’ve only registered my Gravatar account with one email) so I don’t think that that’s the reason for it. :/
          —————
          I pulled up all of the comments under your email address, and every one of them has the sick green face. Just info for you–I realize that doesn’t help with the problem you’re experiencing. –Admin

6. brocahontas says:

How do they plan on enforcing a “gun ban”. Seems like a bunch of sissy boys depending on others to do their dirty work. And I don’t know if any law enforcement types will be behind it. If all the power ultimately comes down to the military or National Guard what is keeping them from simply taking over on their own? Why would they need the backing of some limp-wristed career politicians telling them what to do?

7. elvischupacabra says:

[sniff… sniff] Smells like… like… Executive Fiat in the air.

Why not just disband the Judicial and the Legislative branches and use the money for more free stuff?

• Menagerie says:

I believe we are going there. He is not going to stop, and Congress is going to step aside and wave as he thunders past toward his throne. Or maybe I guess, being the Catholic that I am, I should have said Congress will genuflect as he passes.

• WeeWeed says:

I agree. If Imam Jawbone “deems” a gun ban, it shall be so. People to enforce it, not so much. Kinda like every other proclamation that falls from his purple lips.

8. JoeJoe Nelson says:

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for a Revolution or Civil War…………….The political Elite MUST be removed from power

9. 22tula says:

Rights Part 1 & 2 – Publius Huldah

Publius Huldah – Ask Questions
    Excerpt – Publish Huldah’s Response to The Bill of Rights on June 6, 2012.
    The discussion continues – scroll down.

You are most welcome, JustTheFacts, and thank you!

There was controversy over whether to add a bill of rights. Alexander Hamilton warned against it – see Federalist No. 84 (9th para) http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpapers/fed84.htm
    Hamilton said that bills of rights are dangerous because they provide a pretext to regulate for those included to usurp. He was right. The federal government has used the 1st Amendment as justification to silence Christians in the public square, promote islam, restrict political speech, and to divest the States of their retained & reserved powers over the objects listed in the amendment.
    Hamilton warned us of this!
    James Madison, who introduced the bill of rights into the House, was not a strong supporter. But he wanted the Constitution ratified, and b/c some States refused to ratify it unless a Bill of Rights were added, he went along with it.
    Progressives use the 2nd Amendment to support gun control – they say the “militia” means the organized National Guard – not the People. Of course, that is a lie, but many believe it.
    The supreme Court has used other Amendments in the Bill of Rights to control the States.
    Perhaps worst of all, the existence of the Bill of Rights has conditioned our People to believe that their rights come from the Constitution instead of from the Creator God.
    So, the Bill of Rights has been a complete disaster for us. It has been perverted to bring about the exact opposite of what was intended.
    So, as to your specific question: Does the Preamble help? I don’t think so. The genuine meanings of the amendments are clear on their faces: The 1st lists some of the things Congress can’t make laws about. But the federal government has perverted it and turned it into a grant of authority for them to regulate on a State & federal level, all the objects listed therein.
    I see what you are saying in your last para. But the supreme Court has ignored it – the progressives ignore it – and The People don’t have a clue.
    Dear, I have never addressed the Preamble to the Bill of Rights. No need to apologize, even if I had. And I like your name. Wish more people would apply that Principle!
    Comment by Publius/Huldah | June 6, 2012 |

“Why Congress May Lawfully Require Citizens to Buy Guns & Ammunition, But Not To Submit To Obamacare” By Publius Huldah. – May 3, 2012

10. WeeWeed says:

Won’t it be “interesting” to see what they do to the hardworking people that own gun shops and the inventory therein. Kinda like all those Republican-owned car dealerships that “went away” and nobody heard a peep out of them, remember?? Why not??

11. WeeWeed says:

And how does this Menino a$$hat “NOT” understand how poor chirrens get hold of guns?? Could it be, B&E, robbery, protecting their own dope business, etc??? “Fast & Furious” to the umpteenth degree – maybe only the Mexican leg of it got exposed???? I want to hear an explanation of how taking any gun from a normal, legal citizen will keep a thug kid from getting hold of it.
    I think they’re wanting to arm the little bastages, myself.

12. BertDilbert says:

Here is my take on the whole deal. Gun control will be passed. Voters don’t count in America, America did not want Tarp, they passed it anyway. America did not want Obama Care, same deal.

Congress takes money from big doners so in essence the big doners and congress are criminals other than it is legal, Yet in the heart they know they are criminals. As repeated often on this forum, criminals do not want you to have guns.

Someone was posting the other day on Chavez and election fraud, I had to laugh. We have a type of election fraud in the USA, it may not happen in the ballot box. Regardless of whom you vote for, they are subject to being bought pre and post election. Your vote means crap.

Your vote just does not count, only money counts and the money is criminal in conduct and criminals do not want you to have guns. I think this is the best way to understand what is coming down on us.

This is your America, this is your democracy in action. Our leaders love this system so much we install democracies in other countries verses dictators so that those governments can be bought as well.

The constitution states a right to life. I suppose that after they take the guns guaranteed by that document, that right to life will be trashed shorty as well.

13. Knuckledraggingwino says:

I think it is ironic that the anti gunners are spinning the gun control debate to portray legal gun owners as white racists. Here is a link to a book that reflects the primary tactic of the gun control lobby in promoting the Clinton gun ban back in the 1990s:

The cover photograph is obviously every Klansmens nightmare: a large, muscular, bare chested Black man brandishing as “assault weapon” complete with a long, thick, barrel extension (Freudian symbolism purely intentional). Former LAPD police chief Daryl Gates authored an article in “The Police Chief” magazine on gangs in LA in which he stated that “Hispanic gangs armed with knives, clubs and the occasional Saturday Night Special had been replaced by gangs of blacks armed with semiautomatic and fully automatic assault rifles.”. The message of the gun control lobby back then was that “assault weapons”, particularly “assault rifles” were the “weapon of choice” for cop killers and “inner city” (meaning Black) gangs whichbwere presumably synonymous with Cop Killers.

When you peruse the actual FBI data in the annual “Crime in the US”, particularly from the 1980s and 1990s, you found that the use of rifles and shotguns had been on a steep decline for two decades. Examination cumbersome computer printouts of the Supplementary Homicide Reports revealed almost no homicides with rifles or shotguns by gang members. Black gang members almost never used rifles. Most inner cities had few if any homicides committed with rifles or shotguns, much less by gang members. Washington DC had had ZERO homicides with rifles during the decade prior to the DC sniper episode.

At the rate at which Obama and Feinstein are ramrodding legislation through, we don’t have much time to educate the public on firearms technology. We can however use FBI data to expose the gun grabbers’ current boggieman of the white racist armed with an assault rifle by citing FBI data on homices with rifles (still few and decreasing inspire of the repeal of the Clinton ban) and use the race specific data on victims, offenders and victim offender relationships to prove that it is Blacks not Whites who are committing a grossly disproportionate number of homicides, particularly gun homicides. The FBI data on interacial homicides conclusively prooves that Blacks are killing Whites far more frequently than Whites are killing Blacks. This is an irrefutable fact that liberal gun grabbers can not afford to talk about. Once we force them to discuss the statistics on homicides by Blacks as well as of Blacks, we can force them to have a conversation about the abysmally low clearance rates for murder, particularly when Blacks are murderred. When a teenaged or adult Black, Males is murderred, their is a Two-Thirds chance that their killer will never be identified much less arrested! The Clearance Rate for murders of Black males is lowest in inner cities governed by gun grabbing liberals. We can use these appalling statistics to make the point that:

Liberals Dont Give a Damn About Murderred Black Men Unless Their Deaths Can be Exploited to Advance Their Luberal Agenda.

Use this slogan in conduction with my other slogan:

Liberals Dont Give a Damn About Murdered Children Unless Their Deaths Can Be Exploited to Advance Their Liberal Agenda.

We then might be able to change minds or provide political cover to timid Congressman during the very limited time available to us.

14. ytz4mee says:

h/t gunbloggers.com

15. ytz4mee says:

h/t Sipsey Street

FBI: More people killed with hammers, clubs each year than rifles …

(PS: Don’t forget scissors! Scissors are DANGEROUS – ban and regulate them NOW!!)

16. howie says:

Guns and ammo are sold out nationwide.

• Sharon says:

Explain? You mean there’s no ammo over at Walmart? Or at the hardware store in Whatachalopoie Lake, MN?

• justfactsplz says:

They sure are. Trying to find a handgun to buy now is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Over in Orlando today they had a gun show. 8,000 people showed up. Vendors sold out early of everything they had.

• howie says:

Everyplace is waiting for a “shipment.” Today guns and ammo. Tomorrow…food and gas. It is the way socialism works… not too good. Meanwhile back on TV the propagandists tell the masses how everything is wonderful.

• justfactsplz says:

I am still trying to come to grips with the fact that this piece of crap got elected again. Wake up America!

• howie says:

They like it. But the constitution is still lurking. Debating Gun Control on TV is a loser. The debate should first be about repeal of the 2nd amendment. The constitution was set up to be changed by repeal or adoption of amendments by the states. Not by acts of congress and socialist judges. The debate….crossfire style is the problem. That is how I see it.

17. John says:

I dont understand why these conservative sites keep acting like Obama can make these laws on his own accord. I understand what the ass clown liberals are trying to do but why do all these conservative sites keep acting like it will be passed no problem. Why would they think it would pass in the house ? Why would they get a majority vote on it with republican support ? Makes no sense….I’m not even sure it could pass in the Senate. Any politician knows they are going to make a ton of enemies by supporting a bill which bans all handguns.

18. So if (and it will never happen as the American people will rise up on this one) I take it that all of the government will turn theirs in as well?? If not then neither will I. The founding fathers gave us this right and our rights come from GOD no fienstien or any other demoTwit.

19. howie says:

We do not want to become Rhodesia 2.

20. JEAN says:

The “massacre” at Sandy Hook School never happened. It was a hoax perpetrated by Obama, et al, to get us all worked up against guns. It never happened. Google “sandy hook school killings hoax” where you’ll see plenty of reasons to know it was a hoax–videos showing “parents” of “dead” children relaxed and laughing when they didn’t know they were being filmed, etc. Lots of “facts” just don’t add up. They closed the school for “investigation” when there was nothing to investigate. They just don’t want us to see that there are no bullet holes anywhere and no blood stains anywhere. Where are all the injured children? Surely not every single child that was shot was killed! But none wound up in hospitals–none at all. The whole thing stinks to high Heaven! All this just to take our guns away. It never happened.
    HJ RES 15 was introduced. It calls for repealing the term limits amendment. Obama wants to be president for life.

21. Pingback: The Most Urgent Info of Our Time | Americannationalmilitia.com

22. Sonny says:

I understand a lot of republicans/conservatives are very angry with Boehner and the house republicans over the fiscal cliff compromise and for very good reason….BUT I do not believe any radical gun control bill could be compared to the fiscal cliff vote. It will not play out the same way…i.e…I’d be shocked if they could get 5 republicans to support it…in fact there are even quite a few Dumocrats who will oppose it. This is a very different scenario than the fiscal cliff vote. The NRA gave over $700,000 in 2012 to republicans in the house and senate and some democrats…in addition to another $300,000+ to PAC, parties ,etc. you think they’re going to suddenly turn their backs on the NRA and vote on something as stupid as banning all handguns ?? And that’s just speaking about the financial motivation…I have to believe most know the liberals answer (ie ban guns) to curb gun violence is insane

• sundance says:

Sonny. Sorry, that is horridly niave.

How many Republicans voted for Obamacare?

Look it up. It is now law.

• Sonny says:

I know it’s law but not 1 single republican voted for it in the senate…there were 60 yeas of which 2 were independents and 58 democrats. 39 republicans voted against it and 1 republican didn’t vote. In the House, Of the 220 yeas, only 1 was a republican. Keep in mind republicans didn’t have control of the house at the time of the Obamacare vote (Nov 2011)…so that explains it. That said, if we lose control of house in 2014….then it’s time to really worry.

23. Pingback: The Sands Of America’s Hour Glass – Pt 2 | LadyRaven's Whisky In A Jar – OH!