After a full two weeks of 24/7 psychological operations by the media on firearm ownership the Obama-left is not able to significantly budge the public opinion needle on Gun Ownership;  And if that wasn’t bad enough news for entrenched ideologues, most Americans still have favorable opinion of National Rifle Association.

WASHINGTON - The atrocities in Newtown constituted a turning point in the Beltway debate on gun control, with Democrats now preparing to introduce – and President Obama vowing to pass – new legislation aimed at further restricting gun ownership. The tragedy in Connecticut seems to have had a similar effect on journalists, who have been even more outspoken, it seems, in the wake of this tragedy than in other instances.

Whether their sentiments are shared by the public at large, though, is another question, and a new USA Today poll suggests that they’re not. The most surprising finding comes in the last line of the story linked above: “The USA TODAY/Gallup poll found 54% have a favorable opinion of the NRA, down six points from 2005, but generally in line with a series of polls done from 1993-2000.” (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to USA Today Poll Finds 54% Have A Favorable Opinion Of The NRA – Leftist Heads Exploding Coast To Coast….

1. AghastInFL says:

SD your title is incorrect you state 52% yet the quoted poll says 54%… looks like a typo from where sit.
    ——————-
    Sundance, with so little on his plate, made a typo? 8O Shocking. Will fix ASAP.
    –Admin

2. Arkindole says:

Now, think about what would have happened if the full 54% had voted for the American birthright candidate.
    Oh,,,wait,,,I forgot about the Skynet fix… Never mind.

3. czarowniczy says:

Sigh. Seems that aside from the Daisy and air pistol I now have to buy my great grandson an NRA membership and hat. Then again, out here NRA decals and attire are de rigueur.

4. jordan2222 says:

Does this poll mean that 46 percent of Americans do not support the Second Amendment?

5. Paige Cohen says:

Interesting USA Today is published by the Gannett Company along with the Journal News here in Westchester County NY that published the interactive shopping menu for criminals to grab guns from legal permit holders.

6. myopiafree says:

What it is like to live with a insane child-man.

Lanzas should have been “committed” a long time ago. Had his mother taken these precautions – this would have not happened. The fact that he was not committed – caused this massive tragedy.

7. CarolO says:

What was not mentioned is that 52% also want tighter restrictions on the weapons sold. The NRA members are not the ones out there shooting up the streets, malls and movie theaters. They are also not buying semi-automatics online or in back alleys. You can have a responsible organization AND sensible gun restrictions both. It should not be easier to buy an assault weapon than it is a pack of cigarettes.

• cajunkelly says:

Your final statement is pure rhetoric. I don’t have to give my social security number to buy an “assault weapon”, nor do I have to wait a few minutes while a background check is done.

Mind defining the words I placed inside quotation marks?

• cajunkelly says:

Dang it…I meant to say;

I don’t have to give my social security number to buy a pack of cigarettes, nor do I have to wait a few minutes while a background check is done.

I would still like your definition of “assault weapon”.

• michellc says:

If you buy a gun online it has to go to a FFL. Also if my neighbor has a gun for sale, why shouldn’t he be able to sell it, it his property and why shouldn’t I be able to buy it? Also I would like you to show me how easy it is to buy an assault rifle, a true assault rifle, not a semi-automatic rifle that resembles an assault rifle.
      If folks would truly educate themselves then 52% would not want stricter restrictions, because the restrictions are pretty darn strict now to buy a fully automatic weapon. First you cannot buy an automatic manufactured after 1986, second you must become licensed to buy an automatic weapon, part of that process includes 2 passport photos and fingerprints and a permit per gun of $200. You must also keep it locked up in a safe with the permit and the bureau can inspect the safe at any time.

• Chip Bennett says:

You can have a responsible organization AND sensible gun restrictions both.

We have those. I’m cool with having to register a machine gun with Uncle Sam if I choose to own one. (Maybe I shouldn’t be, but that’s a debate for a different time.)

I would counter that the real problem here is not the ease with which one can buy a gun, but rather the difficulty of buying a pack of cigarettes.

Also: it is a false premise, and likely indicates that the one stating such a premise has not actually ever bought a gun.

8. LouDaJew says:

I’ve always tried to figure out exactly what the NRA does. I pay my annual dues (just because). Do they lobby politicians though? Honestly, will they pay off politicians to make sure Feinstein’s bill is squashed? There is a reality of what they do behind the scenes. If they pay off politicians to make sure anti-2nd Amendment bills are squashed though, I’m fine with that. whatever it takes. when I see them attach to the emotions of victims though, I get a little disappointed. they have to remove their feelings to making sure the 2nd Amendment stays in tact, and is not watered down. just my 2 cents. you can’t win the battle of emotions with a guy like Piers Morgan or Cenk. you have to go for the jugular.

9. cajunkelly says:

A new USA Today/Gallup poll shows Americans are split on the issue, with 46 percent favoring enforcing current laws and 47 percent favoring passing new ones. The poll shows a ban on assault weapons – the kind President Obama wants pulled from shelves – hasn’t gained much traction. Forty-four percent support such a move while 51 percent said they are against it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/27/states-cities-already-mulling-assault-weapons-bans/#ixzz2GJw9jZke