NBC lawsuitGeorge Zimmerman has filed a civil lawsuit against NBC, Ron Allen and Jeff Burnside.

[...]  What happened that night was a tragedy: a tragedy that NBC exploited, creating an opportunity for profit. I am holding NBC accountable for its actions. If NBC had not spread lies and falsifications about me, this lawsuit would not exist. This lawsuit is a product of NBC’s intentional distortion of facts. I do not know, because of my situation, how I will be able to provide for my wife and myself in the future, and so I expect NBC to be held responsible. The unjustified public persecution of me because of NBC’s actions is wrong. It shouldn’t have happened to me, and it shouldn’t happen to anyone.

In the last several months, the prosecutors have released evidence regarding this case, and the evidence speaks for itself regarding my innocence. As this lawsuit moves forward, I hope the existence of this exonerating evidence will be broadcast with at least a fraction of the publicity afforded to the lies and misrepresentations. I deserve that and those who have been misinformed deserve that. However, that will be up to the ethical journalists who will spread the truth without regard or concern for political or social pressure.

- George Zimmerman

We had previously outlined the probability of George Zimmerman suing NBC.   Today the first filing took place.   The O’Mara Law Group and The Beasely Firm (Philadelphia) are co-counsel.  http://www.beasleyfirm.com   Defamation, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, demand for preservation of evidence, demand for jury trial.

(full pdf file of lawsuit here)

The largest defamation award in Pennsylvania history was previously awarded to The Beasley Firm,  $34,000,000.00 !     Suffice to say NBC, and numerous others, have opened themselves to SERIOUS litigation.

Related Prior Links of interest:

1.)   http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/02/cya-legacy-media-legal-depts-continue-preparing-their-deniability-and-risk-management/

2.)   http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/08/05/part-1-identifying-the-specific-litigants-for-civil-action-who-is-jeff-burnside/

3.)   http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/11/26/you-might-want-to-refresh-yourself/

NBC_logo_2011

NBC Screenshot apology

About these ads
This entry was posted in Death Threats, Mark O'Mara, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Predictions, Racism, Ryan Julison, Trayvon Martin, Treehouse Tips, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

310 Responses to First Served ! George Zimmerman Sues NBC – Defamation, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, demand for preservation of evidence, demand for jury trial

1. smoothcriminal says:

Gee I wonder why he has to demand preservation of evidence, its not like there is a history here of hiding evidence and scrubbing the web of old videos and posts….oh wait….

• Tom Nadeau says:

There maybe additional evidence that was not on video like emails, notes, records of conversations, etc. We all know what NBC showed that video but we also need to know if there was a cover up.
      Rogue Scholar 05

• Rogue Scholar 05 says:

I wish that George Zimmerman would also sue the New Black Panther Party for solidification of his murder and his kidnapping..
      We all know that these are crimes but AG Eric Holder will not investigate, much less prosecute, them as he is a RACIST.

2. eastern2western says:

what about the florida senator who went on national television and claimed that trayvon martin was dragged through the streets and shot like a stray dog while the whole scheme was watching and did nothing to correct her errors?

• eastern2western says:

No more 10 gallon hat!

• LoudaJew says:

Fredrica Wilson. she exploited this to get re-elected. you should have seen how many yard signs were displayed with her face on it. this was a black thang to her, not a justice thing. btw, it always is. anyone who could think critically would have known from the beginning that was George screaming for help. nobody in their right mind calls a NEN and shoots someone.

• kathyca says:

Fredrica Wilson has no idea what a person in their right mind would do…bless her heart

• Chip Bennett says:

bless her heart

Heck, I’m a yank and even I recognize that diss.

• canadacan says:

Somebody once told. ThisNorthern person then bless your heart was a southern ladies way of saying n you stupid bitch er witch

• kathyca says:

Why…whatever do you mean? :::batting eyelashes:::

kathyca

Would it be uncommon to see George file a suit naming several or even many in the same suit?

Which is more appropriate here.. slander or libel?

• kathyca says:

If you mean would he be likely to sue all of the offenders in the same suit I would say no, he would not. Naming these defendants in this first suit is excellent strategy.

Libel and slander are appropriate. The only difference between the two is whether the publication is written or verbal. Here it’s both and both are included in the tort of defamation, which is the tort alleged. I also see some rumblings (from the usual dubious sources) about removal to Federal Court, but there are no Federal allegations and there is not complete diversity based on the defendants who are residents of the State of Florida. I have a hunch that Beasley considered who he would name and why…d’oh lol

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

I wonder if Fredericka is confused enough to not understand that the Constitutional prohibition on slander and libel suits against Representatives applies only to statements made on the house floor?

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I hope and pray that George finds a way to bring HER into court for the things that SHE said, too.

• jordan2222 says:

Anyone know if ALL speech by members of Congress is protected?

• Joshjj says:

“Members of congress are shielded only for so-called legilative acts – IE actions that are a specific part of the legislative process. In addition to speeches and debates on the floor of the Congress, other legislative acts shielded by the clause include introducing bills, voting in Congress or in comittee, utterances made in comittee hearings and reports and statements printed in the congressional record.” Constitutional Law, National Power and Federalism, 5th edition.
                In other words, Senators and Representatives press statements, fund raisers, public statements etc. are NOT protected via ‘Speech and Debate” clause contained inArt I Sect 6 cl. 1 .

• CMSIQ says:

Succinctly put.

• justfactsplz says:

I love my Stetson. She gives cowboy hats a bad name.

• canadacan says:

That woman is as mad as a hatter. evidence is her stupid hat. a little dose of arsenic misapplied

• eastern2western says:

actually is lead. the earlier hat makers used lead for the rim and the lead caused mental damages to their brain.

• canadacan says:

Google it if you like but arsenic was used to cure felt l I have not gone completely mad yet made an interesting Google search lead was use also the word arsenic appears again and again on the subject of making hats

• WeeWeed says:

‘Tis always why they were referred to as “mad hatters.” :D Really!!

• 22tula says:

The Mad Hatters/Haters
              You stand at the edge, while people run you through…
              … Turn around and say good morning to the night
              For unless they see the sky, but they can’t and that is why
              They know not if it’s dark outside or light

And I thank the Lord, there’s people out there like you
              I thank the Lord there’s people out there like you
              And I thank the Lord for the people I have found
              I thank the Lord for the people I have found… Hat Tip Sundance & the Treepers

• canadacan says:

Frederica think she’s in show business. she’s not the only 1

• arkansasmimi says:

THATS FUNNY! DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE!

• Congresswoman Frederica Wilson

“Now, I’m not going to be politically correct. I’m going to say it like I see it. Trayvon was hunted down like a rabid dog. He was shot in the street. He was racially profiled.”

• eastern2western says:

and these freaking idiots claim that they never called zimmerman a racist but they allowed the mad hatter to spread lies right in front of a national audience.

• James F says:

Crump @14:30 says: “That is why we believe he was RACIALLY profiled.”

A racist is defined by their actions. Stating that someone engaged in racist behavior is the same as calling them a racist.

• I really hope George has a civil lawsuit planned for Frederica Wilson. It’s apparent that woman went way over the line of her duties & deliberately twisted the facts to suit her political wants to assure her reelection. A public servant such as Frederica Wilson is supposed to serve the citizens within her district rather than deceive them for her personal gain. Wilson knows much better than to maliciously attack the character of an accused man & she should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen. I hope congress makes an example of Frederica Wilson & George sues her for ten million!

• rumpole2 says:

I have said it before… if you dress up like that.. and its not a parade or a fancy dress party… there is something wrong with you mentally. In an “average citizen” it might be seen as “eccentric”… but in a person who makes decisions that effect other peoples lives… it is a sign of mental instability.

• Sharon says:

It is, isn’t it. Normal folks don’t dress to attract juvenile attention for everyday attire–whether dressing professionally or to run errands.

• kathyca says:

I couldn’t agree more. And the same is true for the voters who would put such a person in office. If it wasn’t such a tragic commentary on the state of affairs in this country, it would be laughable.

• Coast says:

Fact is, voting rights need to be changed. Anyone on public assistance should not vote. Anyone who does not work and is not on a retirement system should not vote.

• michellc says:

If we just strengthened registration and voting laws it would help. Parties, groups, etc. should not be registering people to vote, busing people in to vote should not be allowed. All registration forms should have to include a copy of your ID along with an ID to vote.

If people aren’t smart enough to contact their local office for a registration form then they’re really not smart enough to vote.

• WeeWeed says:

Does that hat light up for Christmas?

• Chip Bennett says:

And if she thinks that her standing as a US Congresscritter will somehow protect her from civil suits, she should consider one Jack Murtha (may he rot in hell for his slander of our Marines), who slandered the Haditha Marines:

Even though a black-robed tyrant dismissed the suit, saying that Murtha was acting in his “official capacity” as a lawmaker, Captain Rhinestone won’t have the benefit of the same asinine defense.

• jello333 says:

Wonder what Frederica’s net worth is right now? Wonder what it’s gonna be a year from now? If she’s lucky, George will at least allow her to keep her cute little hat.

• Coast says:

George…get them all, everyone!

• justfactsplz says:

She is on the list too. This is just the beginning.

• marie says:

The bitch needs to face charges….and so does Geraldo Rivera for claiming that Zimmerman went after Martin because he racially profiled him because he was wearing a hoodie.

• michellc says:

I wonder if Geraldo knew young black men wearing hoodies were breaking into houses in his neighborhood if he would not be suspicious when seeing a young hooded black man walking around his neighborhood?

3. James F says:

May it be the first of many.

4. eastern2western says:

what about abc that made a video of trayvon who was shot in a gangland style?

• Kim says:

Are you talking about the animation video they created of the shooting? I’m not sure if they created it, or if Julison created it.

• eastern2western says:

CBS, I am sorry. That is enough for evidence. WTF, did they even before they made that stupid video. If any one saw that video, they would assume that is really what occured.

• LoudaJew says:

hope George snags this evidence.

• LoudaJew says:

Sundance, please keep this video handy. this video ais important.

• myopiafree says:

That totally FALSE video, and mix of 911 edited calls will cost CBS at least $2,000,000 – for starters.

• jordan2222 says:

They are not in this for 2 million unless you mean attorney fees.

• jello333 says:

Under some circumstances, punitive damages are unlimited. And one of the criteria for deciding how much they have to pay is “to deter someone similarly situated” (or something like that). That’s referring mainly to the wealth, power, influence of whoever is being sued. So…. how much of a penalty does it take to “deter” someone as rich as a major network? I’d say EIGHT figures at a minimum. There have been some awards (not sure about defamation-based) that have been much higher than that. It’s almost totally up to a jury. If they wanna come back and SERIOUSLY PUNISH a TV network, by awarding, say, $100 million or more… they most certainly can do that.

• Add 2 zeros to that figure & you’ll be 3/4 of the way there. They’re demanding a jury which is indicative that they’re going to be seeking punitive damages. George can’t ever work a regular job in North America because the Zimmerman family will forever be in danger. George can thank the Scheme Team & the Prosecution for flushing his education, his career & his dreams of having a family forever down the crapper. George & the Zimmerman family will need professional bodyguards for the next 50 years, that’s probably going to run $300k annual & the anxiety of trusting your entire family to people that hold your life in their hand. Ask a jury to put a pricetag on what their life & the lives of their extended family are worth over the span of 50 years. Then ask the pricetag for the inability of the Zimmerman’s to enjoy their lives over a span of the next 50 years. Ask a jury the pricetag of the forced prison lifestyle any children George & Shellie may have to endure for 75 years. Add that up & adjust for cost of living over a 50+ year span & give them all punitive damages & you’ll be in the ballpark. Wish I were on that jury because I’d be floating the figure of $400-million!

• jello333 says:

George and his family may never be able to go to a ballgame, to Disney World, to a movie, to parks, to a restaurant, to the mall, to…

Yeah, NO damage award is too high! But I don’t wanna see it just paid by NBC. I want EVERYONE involved in this to pay. As for certain individuals (Crump, Sharpton, Roseanne, and bunch of others) I want them all BANKRUPTED.

• No argument there but if the jury awards them a huge settlement the rest of those who eagerly participated in destroying the Zimmerman’s lives will fall like dominoes. I’d guess the Zimmerman family would actually receive around 60%(tax-free) but that’s merely an uninformed wild guess.

5. cajunkelly says:

You geaux Tugboat! I hope that lawsuit results in TEN TIMES that 34 million awarded to a previous client and even that won’t be enough to compensate you for the harm intentionally done to you, IMO.

I love how the filing goes straight to the heart of the matter. No namby pamby mealy mouthed legaleze.

I hope this is just the *first* such filing against the many who have, IMO, intentionally maligned you and those you love. Git R Done!

6. Boom goes the dynamite! I’m thinking maybe 3 more zeros. They can certainly afford it.

7. Justice4All says:

As if BigBoi and her insane Traybot crew were not having a bad enough week already now they find out that George and his family are going to become multi-millionaires…….Too funny!!!

Scheme Team gonna lose all kinds of money on this case trying to defend themselves, should not have involved all of those attorneys and other hands they brought into the cookie jar thinking they struck gold # MC-HAMMER # 2Legit2Quit. Probably went a little overboard lawyering up every single witness in the case

George and family will be filthy rich. What a hysterical turn of events.

• mung says:

I can’t wait to see BigBoi and Leatherhead get their subpoenas. How funny will it be when they go from dreaming of being the “star” witness to being the defendant.

• John Galt says:

They would need to have sufficient assets and/or applicable insurance to make it worthwhile. I’m thinking they are probably safe.

• howie says:

I still wish I could get stock in the Zimmerman Civil Actions.

• disgustedwithjulison says:

As is Ryan Julison. Though Julison and others definitely deserve it….the only reason to do it would be to send them into deep bankruptcy as they wouldn’t have the money to pay up. Unfortunately, they probably won’t waste their time on Crump either unless it was to prove a point and smash him for his conduct. Although, I could see both pulled in as a party by NBC and others who were spoon fed their racist drivel as fact. I just don’t see the Zimmerman legal team frying the little fish in this whole thing.

Mark O’meara would redeem himself big time when this is all over if he had the courage to file a MEGA ethics complaint against Crump for what he has done and all of the damage that has been done by Crumps race baiting. This would mean ratting on a fellow member of the bar – something that attorneys refuse to do.

• myopiafree says:

I do not consider “ratting out” the liar Crump to be wrong – considerinf what he has done. I don’t know how you “get him” – but he is a total “ethics failure”.

• As hateful bloggers they’re not acting in a professional journalist capacity, they’re not held to a higher standard than their rabid audience. I couldn’t be bothered with their type & I can’t see anybody wasting their energy pursuing a worthless civil claim. For what it’s worth; George is better off denying their type the attention they crave so desperately.

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

They are not worth filing lawsuits against.

Perhaps administering a thorough clubbing is in order?

Unfortunately; the time honored tradition of dueling is no linger legal in this once great nation.

• rumpole2 says:

Worth it just for the fun of it.
          If you have a legal team on the payroll anyway… why not?
          I do think certain Forum posters and especially the owners should be filed against… even if the suit does not proceed ultimately… it might just make them stop the libel and rabid lynch mob posting.

• dizzymissl says:

I agree–file it to get them sh**in and gitten.

• jello333 says:

Yes, sue each and every one of them. Force them to hire their own lawyers, to file responses, to appear in court… and spend whatever money they have to do it. Even if George wins little or nothing in damages (maybe don’t even ASK for a whole lot in damages), you’ve still caused these scumbags a ton of well-deserved grief, maybe even bankrupted them. It’s called DETERRENCE for the next group of wanna be scumbags that come along. But as for some of them, say Crump, NatJack, and a few others, in addition to the lawsuits, there needs to be demands for CRIMINAL investigations.

Just basically, what needs to happen after George is exonerated is this… his persecutors need to be: Bankrupted and/or disbarred and/or jailed. Pretty simple really.

• justfactsplz says:

I could add a few names to that list.

• I can see them staring out the window wondering when Santa Crump is going to show up. Maybe they’ll get a lump of coal.

8. murderbythebook says:

WOW!! I am happy to see this. You go George!!

9. eastern2western says:

Judging from the attack mode, o’mara probably has already review martin’s school records and knows that he can go for the big kill, scheme team, nbc and affiliates, sharpton, Julison and the martin. If marc is not firm on the chances of him winning the whole case, he would probably not file a law suit with another firm just 6 months before the trial.

10. myopiafree says:

It is ABOUT TIME THIS WAS DONE!!

11. Kim says:

Sundance,

I think you should write a blog on all the other people George should sue for decimation. For example:

The Young Turks
    Frederica Wilson
    Matt Gutman
    Bill Maher (called Zimmerman a fat fucking liar)
    Frances Robles
    Who ever made that erroneous animation of the shooting early on
    Jeff Weiner
    Rene Stutzman
    Globalgrind
    The Scheme Team
    ?

• Kim says:

“Defamation”.

• sundance says:

CBS will prolly be #2

• eastern2western says:

It is actually really simple. The lawyers only need to go to justice for trayvon website and look at the platinum donors. Most of those platinum donors have always reported the story in a very slanted view. For example, they never addressed zimmerman by name and had always called him trayvon martin killer or the killer of trayvon martin. Any reader who saw the title will always get a negative impression.

• mung says:

Freddy Leatherhead
      The entire dog pound
      The entire Orlando Slantinal
      LamePapa
      Gay Cabbage patch guy
      Rosanne Barr
      Spike Lee
      and why not go for it all and go after the POTUS since it was his son that assaulted George.

• eastern2western says:

roseane bar and spike should definitely deserve law suits because they had no right to spread the address of zimmerman’s family across the internet. By law, that should be consider as witness intimidation. Another person that should be reserve for the future law suits is angela corey because she purposly release the photo of shellie zimmerman to the public to add more psychological pressure to george zimmerman to force a plead.

• Kim says:

Great addition to the list!

• John Galt says:

“Freddy Leatherhead
        The entire dog pound
        LamePapa
        Gay Cabbage patch guy”

List of the judgment proof ?

• eastern2western says:

Nancy grace any one?

• mung says:

I can’t even stand to look at her so I don’t know much about what she has said. But yes please sue her until she can’t work again.

• I hope someone saved all of Trent’s (@Stateoftheinter) videos and passes them on to the legal team. Also those by @LLMPapa. Also all the tweets from the dog pound. They may not have any money, but they definitely need to pay for what they’ve done. I’d suggest George invest some of his settlement money to hold them accountable. Even if he gets nothing but the satisfaction they’ve been held accountable.

• The Young Turks are at the top of my list for malicious character assassination. Cenk claimed their the first media outlet to discover that George muttered the racial epithet “Fu–ing coons” & tells the audience that it’s absurd not to believe George said F–king coons. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xgiS1LjBdw Also see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fezcs9ytrQo

• myopiafree says:

HI 70s – Yes, when I heard that for the first time – I could not believe how shallow they were – and stupid. They did not CHECK ANYTHING. They took Julison’s false story and vomited it on TV. It was PURE SLANDER. There are quite a few others, specifically Bill Maher – who after he had to admit Trayvon smashed his fist into George’s face, STATED THAT HE WOULD ENCOURAGE TRAYVON – IF IT WAS HIS SON!!

• I really think that since at least a few of those can be proven were actively involved in a conspiracy with the motivation being personal financial gain, what you are really talking about is a RICO action- in the initial filing I think it appropriate to make a motion to seize ALL PERSONAL ASSETS of the conspirators. At a minimum, freeze all their bank accounts immediately.

• jordan2222 says:

I started a list on a previous thread but have no idea how to find it. Maybe someone else can.

• justfactsplz says:

Gary Tuckman, CNN.

• sundance says:

Absolutely: Cue the tape…. after first reporting that George Zimmerman said “f*cking coons”…. two weeks later (risk mgmt?) they tried to backpeddle.

But within the two week disparity between original air date, and this retraction, the narrative had been established.

• justfactsplz says:

This did a lot to fan the racial flames IMO. The list is long.

• jordan2222 says:

So even their audio experts conspired to slander George. There can be no other explanation. This is 100 percent conclusive evidence. How could you possibly defend this? I am amazed they went to such lengths to convict themselves. This is beyond arrogance .

• sundance says:

Here is the initial report that preceeded their retraction. CNN deleted this video, and all traces to it’s existence because when you watch it you can clearly hear Gary Tuckman lead the viewer by saying what they will hear first.

Tuckman tells the viewer that George Zimmerman says “fucking coons”. He then solidifies his messaging by playing the audio repeatedly all the while repeating the phrase “coons”.

Then the legal dept at CNN notified production staff they had just opened themselves up to a world of hurt. CNN management went into crisis mode and finally determined the best course would be to “create” another entire narrative altogether. Hence “fucking cold” becomes the selling point of deflection 2 weeks later.

This is just an example of the type of media presentations that take place “daily”. The media are just storytellers. Storytellers with a predisposition toward an existing ideological narrative. But when they use their profession to advance an agenda, a specific and malicious agenda, they are placing themselves at risk because they are not “reporting” they are “creating”.

They are liable for that which they create; or more specifically their liability stems from the consequences of that which they create.

• El Gordo Loco says:

Roseanne Barr

• Kim says:

The guy who did a voice test and said they were 100% sure that it was Trayvon screaming for help. Turns out the guy who did the test was also the creator of the software.

12. murderbythebook says:

All the posters on JQ too and other message boards.

• rumpole2 says:

I have to vote for that….. just for the fun of seeing the roaches scurry :D

• Justice4All says:

As much money as George is going to make in lawsuits I would sue those scumbags just to ruin their day and I would tell BigBoi to suck it as I wiped me and my wife wiped our asses with $100 bills.

I seriously doubt any of the Traybots would miss any work days for court appearances unless the date falls on welfare check day but would still sue them just for entertainment.

• justfactsplz says:

Absolutely.

13. Sha says:

Weeeeeeeee ……I like this game….. Who’s next…… spin the wheel George.

14. Sharon says:

Psalm 31:3, 4 …You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name’s sake, lead me and guide me. Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength.

The whole chapter is an amazing narrative of David, on the run from liars and schemers. v. 18 says, “Let the lying lips be put to silence, which speak insolent things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous” (and a bit of an explanation for those who hate George who might read here: the word “righteous” in this context does not mean that I am claiming George is perfect…the language of the Psalms often uses poetic and language devices to paint a picture and thus it does here–the “righteous,” falsely accused, is contrasted with the “unrighteous” who are lying to destroy David)

v. 24 is the wrap-up..and this one’s for you, George:

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

15. Cupcake says:

Wow! Who’s next?

Pink cowboy Hat — “Trayvon was hunted down like a rabid dog”
    “Walking while black” congressman
    Crump: “killed this child in cold blood.”, “shot in cold blood”, “killed in cold blood”
    Spike Lee for tweeting wrong GZ’s parents address
    Roseanne for tweeting right address
    Etc. etc, etc…….

16. Justice4All says:

Will NBC sue Julison and the Scheme Team after they lose this lawsuit to George? or will George be the only one to bring suit against the Scheme Team players?

• Kim says:

No tweets today from Nasty Nat. Hmmmm

• Justice4All says:

She has been oddly quiet for the last 3 weeks except for when she is trying to defend herself and the scheme team. She is no longer on the attack, she is now on the run and in hiding.

• Kim says:

And nothing from Crump today as well. I remember the days when they were quick to get on tv, twitter, etc to comment on any new news on the case, especially when ebidents was against their narrative.

• John Galt says:

“will George be the only one to bring suit against the Scheme Team players”

Do they have substantial assets and/or applicable insurance?

• Kim says:

NBC statement on the law suit:

But NBC denied any wrongdoing in a statement issued late on Thursday.
      “We strongly disagree with accusations made in the complaint. There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly. We intend to vigorously defend our position in court,” the statement said.

Source: Reuters
      —–

No intent? Why chop and rearrange the original audio call? What was the point of doing that? Nice try. Save yourself the embarrassment and just cut the check ASAP.

• kathyca says:

There’s really nothing else they can say. I’m sure they cut and pasted that from a statement they’ve used in every similar lawsuit ever brought against them. The lawyers at NBC are very savvy individuals. They know when to cut their losses…quietly and confidentially. There’s no doubt in my mind that this suit would not have been filed if Beasley didn’t think he could win it. He has no need for more notoriety and already has more money than he knows what to do with. You’ll note that the Temple Law School is named after him and the building where his office is located is The Beasley Building — and it’s on Walnut Street in downtown Philly.

Photobucket

• disgustedwithjulison says:

This is a classic attorney drafted response to a law suit. It means nothing. Its a boilerplate response. They know their butts are in a world of hurt…..if they were to admit any wrong doing they lose even more.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

They as much as admitted it when they fired their workers for DOING it!

• myopiafree says:

George spells it out – ACCURATELY!!

“On the night of February 26, 2012, after enduring a prolonged physical attack from Trayvon Martin, screaming for help countless times and receiving no help, and all the while in fear for my life, I shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense. I did not shoot to take his life, I shot to save my own.

The night of the shooting I was taken to the Sanford police station and was read my Miranda rights. Aware I had the right to remain silent, I chose to tell investigators what happened. In the hours and days that followed, I cooperated completely with the authorities, and during that thorough investigation, the consensus among law enforcement was that I should not be charged.”

17. ctdar says:

Great, day of reckoning for the fraudsters & the msm that intentionally judged & juried George for profit is here, gooooo Tugboat!!

18. Vanya says:

Marinade Dave needs to be sued as well.

19. Justice4All says:

Be sure to visit and tell everyone you know to visit Georges new site GZvNBC.

20. Justice4All says:

Traybots frantically creating new email accounts so that they can each sign their stupid petition for the 25th time.

21. jordan2222 says:

Forgive me for being logical, but one would think the suit would put the rest of the media on notice to start behaving themselves. They could partially redeem themselves by exposing the entire false narrative that they portrayed to the public.

I wouldn’t care if they blamed it on Julison or the Scheme Team, even though they had a fact checking responsibility .. For sure, they should begin reporting on new exculpatory evidence in a fair manner and what the State has done that at least borders on malicious prosecution by withholding that evidence.

If they want a real story, then now there really is one and it is better than Duke Lacrosse.

• Alexandra M. says:

How true!! This is going to be bigger and more devastating for the malicious liars (NBC, scheme team, and the list just grows) than Duke Lacrosse!! A whole new batch of pupils are learning about “Nifong”…..and will correctly start using my new favorite verb—>”Nifong-ing” when mentioning Corey and BDLR. :).
      So shout-out to GZ: Get ‘Em ALL!
      ~and to the obnoxious and sanctimonious arsewipes who kneel at the altar of idiot supreme, dumpster-diving Fred……better stock up on Depends, grannies! :).

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Maybe that is one of underlying intentions of this suit: To *negotiate* a bargain with news networks that requires them to air segments that “expose” the scheme, and other segments that correct the false image they originally broadcast.

• jordan2222 says:

How about an ongoing series called:

Exposing prosecutorial misconduct and malicious prosecution in the George Zimmerman case.

I think it was Fox that has already mentioned it. Now that would attract attention if more viewers is what they want.

Who would want to miss that? We are talking about Super Bowl numbers here.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Such a show would be far more relevant to the times at hand than the likes of “Judge Judy” or “Cops” which pander to the “Jerry Springer” type of viewers, so I suspect that the ratings would suffer for it. Relevancy doesn’t play well with the “sheeple” masses who are usually too lazy to read past a headline before they form an opinion. But, we can HOPE, can’t we?

• kathyca says:

a fun sideshow for the NBC case will be watching the competitors eat one of their own. I noticed on CNN that they quoted a LOT of allegations of the complaint and also referred to both George and Trayvon by their last names throughout. They still called Trayvon a “boy” of course, but I think change is a’comin

22. Sal Paradise says:

They haven’t learned a thing since Richard Jewell. I hope GZ takes them behind the woodshed..

• eastern2western says:

what the f is wrong with reuters because the man has a name.

• jordan2222 says:

Notice how comments have begun to change in George’s favor. It’s remarkable to see so many of them, even if the posters do not know the facts of the case. Every pro Martin poster now gets crushed. Progress at last!!!!

• John Galt says:

My favorite: “Treyvons killer ?? Really he’s Trevon’s attack survivor.”

I think MOM should say something like that in court every time BDLR calls Trayvon “victim”.

George Zimmerman: aggravated assault survivor

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I have resorted to only referring to “the deceased” and either “George” or “the assault victim” when I post at the *other place*. They REALLY don’t like that.

• kathyca says:

I honestly believe that there are tons of peeps who remained silent out of fear and pressure. But now that it’s clear what a scam this is based on things that they can specifically point to and which are irrefutable they are emboldened to stand up for George and against the bs.

23. JAS says:

I’m buying all the popcorn stock I can get my hands on :) Gotta love it.

• jordan2222 says:

All of the networks are complicit and that might even include Fox. Fox has been better than the rest but they disappointed me by not completely reporting all that happened. They are at least guilty of the sin of omission.

• ejarra says:

Actually there is one person on FOX that needs to be sued and that’s Shepard Smith. He ALWAYS introduced George as “the murderer, George Zimmerman”. It wouldn’t bother me in the least if they fired his ass.

24. hooson1st says:

I guess i am the one to pour some cold water onto all the celebrating.

Unless it can be shown clearly that the editing was done with malice aforethought, the scope of any damages is limited. NBC took some remedial action on its own. This will mitigate the extent of any damages. I suspect that NBC will be willing to settle this thing if a nominal amount can be agreed upon subject to everything being sealed.

So I do not expect GZ to get rich from this, but it may help keep him solvent.

As for the long list of potential defendants mentioned so far in this thread, I don’t see it happening.

The one exception being Crump and Co, but once again dependent on what all of the underlying facts turn out to support.

• hooson1st says:

A positive effect of this lawsuit is that it will have sensitized the news media, in general, going forward to be extra careful to be even-handed in its reporting going forward on developments in this case. The first development being the upcoming hearing on December 11. Good timing here.

hooson1st:

You don’t think calling someone a racist is malicious and was designed to produce a negative result to George? Now couple that with murderer.. as in racist murderer. How many black people do you think that angered enough to want to exact revenge? I will ask it another way. How many of them became enamored with George?

• hooson1st says:

jordan:

Unfortunately, it all depends on what the name-caller knows and what the intention is; and especially so when you want to get lawyers involved.

I totally agree with you that GZ has been subjected to all kinds of hurtful descriptions. And I further agree that the incorrect and false characterizations that have been passed along in the media could serve to anger that portion of viewing public that does not exercise sufficient skepticism when absorbing what passes for a lot of reporting today.

This is one of less charted dimensions of what remains a tragedy, the GZ/TM fatal confrontation.

• jordan2222 says:

I cannot imagine how calling someone a racist could be construed by ANYONE to be anything other than what it is. The media knows very well how their choice of words influence people. There is nothing innocent in such a label.

• hooson1st says:

Jordan:

Well did NBC call GZ racist, or is it that the selective editing implied that he might be a racist?

• recoverydotgod says:

Hooson1st:

Did NBC selectively edit a hurtful description?

• hooson1st says:

recovery:
                  NBC selectively edited (and rearranged) an audio transcript, the effect of which was to make it look as though GZ had racially profiled TM. One inference that could be drawn from this selective editing is that such imputed profiling on GZ’s part was due to racism by GZ.

The editing was hurtful to GZ’s reputation.

• James F says:

A racist is defined by their actions. Stating that someone committed a racist act is the same as calling them a racist, just as saying someone lied is the same as calling them a liar.

Altering a person’s statement to make it appear they committed a racist act is the same as stating the person is a racist, just as altering their statement to make it seem like they are lying is the same as calling them a liar.

When a major media outlet with millions of viewers does so repeatedly, it is exponentially more devastating to the victim of their manipulation and deceit.

• hooson1st says:

James F:

A racist act is racism when intent is factored in.

Reasonable people can differ as to what constitutes a racist act. Many people consider racial profiling to be a racist act. But in order to truly be a racist act, it depends on the circumstances.

If there is a crime committed and a description of the perpetrators includes their race, it is not a racist act nor racism for police to just look for suspects matching that racial class in the vicinity of the crime.

You and I can agree on what the meanings of words and sentences are, and what inferences can reasonably be drawn from them. When you get into a courtroom, there is a different reality that can set in as to what constitutes the meaning of any particular word, even a word as simple as the word “is”.

I do not believe that NBC explicitly called GZ a racist. I do agree that the selective editing supported (incorrectly/deceitfully) the Crump narrative that GZ’s actions that fateful evening were racially motivated.

• hooson1st says:

James F:
                    clarification on this

“However, if the police stop an individual on the sole basis of that individual’s race, and none other,, then, that is a racist act and an indication of racism on the part of the police.”

I meant that as an unrelated stop by police, unrelated to the hypothetical crime example of the previous paragraph.

• smoothcriminal says:

no nbc did not chose to correct it until they were basically forced to in order to keep reporting the story with credibility.

• justfactsplz says:

You’re a real party pooper, LOL.

• sundance says:

hooson1st, I take it you did not actually *read* the filing. You might also benefit from noting that Jeff Burnside is specifically outlined. Then you might also benefit from using the link in the post which outlines who “Jeff Burnside” is and why he is relevent to this endeavor.

I’m not being snarky wif ya, I just don’t think you comprehend that BEASLEY et al, wouldn’t waste their time if they were not in posession of what you mistakenly believe does not exist. It does….. It easily does…..

This will be a MASSIVE contingency payday for Beasley – they know that, because they have been in this rodeo many, many, many, many, times and they “investigate”, I mean drill down investigate with the reputation of their entire legal credibility on the line, prior to taking on such a client….. under such adverse conditions.

Two months of research and they clearly identified not only a STRONG case – but a willingness to DEMAND jury. Which implies way, way, way more than you give them credit for.

Wolverines!

• dizzymissl says:

I love the way they diss the Today Show in the filing.

hahahahahahahahahahahhaha

• jordan2222 says:

Wait, SD. Where is this link in the post?

• sundance says:

Heh? um, #2 as outlined. Between #1 and #3

sundance

Thank you.

My Mac lets me know when I have previously read a link so I did not look at it again but I just did. That link puts an entirely different light on the lawsuit and Jeff Burnside in particular. Were you ever able to find his interview with Sharpton that was deleted?

• hooson1st says:

sundance:

I did not read the complaint carefully, I skimmed the first part very quickly, and took a quick gander at the CTH commentary that gushed forth in response, and that is what triggered my initial impressions.

Don’t worry about being snarky, you have a lot of street cred with me.

It may be that I have short-changed them. Unfortunately, I am time-constrained this evening, but hope to examine it carefully in the a.m., and within reason, adjust my impressions in a more constructive direction.

I appreciate all the time and effort that you and the rest of the CTH team have put in this endeavor. Civic duty encompasses not just voting or jury duty and the like, but speaking up when our government goes off track

• sundance says:

For those who would attempt to say the selective editing was unintentional. Watch this video. Courtesy of PJTV

• Kim says:

I produce music as a hobby and in music sampling, we call this chopping and rearranging. It takes some good editing and mixing to make it sound unedited/blended perfectly. So, yes, I agree that this was no mistake.

“The more you know” :)

• jordan2222 says:

No juror would ever believe this is anything but intentional.

$20 trillion awarded to George so he can also pay off the national debt.

• arkansasmimi says:

:) The National Debt isnt Georges fault or responsibility. Thats “If I had a SON’s” job to get it paid down. :)

• hooson1st says:

jordan:

“No juror would ever believe this is anything but intentional. ”

Are you absolutely, absolutely sure about “no juror”.?

If Rev. Sharpton were on the jury, I am not sure that he would even concede that there was anything wrong with the edit to begin with.

• myopiafree says:

That is indeed PROOF of INTENT to Libel-Slander a person. INTENTIONALLY create a FALSE STORY – to “convict him in the media.”

• John Galt says:

“This will be a MASSIVE contingency payday for Beasley”

+ 1 I think we might be in uncapped punitive damages territory.

(punitive damages law analysis starts on p. 15)

(c) Where the fact finder determines that at the time of injury the defendant had a specific intent to harm the claimant and determines that the defendant’s conduct did in fact harm the claimant, there shall be no cap on punitive damages.

Thanks for the links

I did Eeny, meeny, miny, moe and part C won. LOL

• hooson1st says:

sundance:

I have now read the Beasley brief and I accept your view of Beasly Firm capabilities.

I sincerely hope that they have the evidence in hand to prove that:

1. “NBC…set about to create the myth that GZ was a racist and predatory villain.”

2. “Their goal was…to keep their viewers alarmed”

Their brief (as do prosecutor’s briefs) was very strong and assertive in its claims. Many times what transpires in the trial falls short of what is promised in the opening briefs. Should this matter go to trial, it will ultimately hinge on whether NBC acted in “reckless disregard” of what it “knew”.

The underlying strength of their brief is buttressed by the weakness of NBC’s PR position.

At the core is the fact that not only is there (by the FBI’s own investigation) no evidence of GZ being racist; but there exists the affirmative case of his racial blindness and efforts to help (“tugboat” comes to mind here) disadvantaged African-Americans. Something that Burnside did not find of interest enough to report on.

• kathyca says:

You’re not pouring cold water on MY celebrating. I don’t know if you’re a lawyer with experience in this area. Maybe you are. But I know a great case with a high settlement value when I see one. And so does Mr. Beasley. There won’t be any nominal settlement. I’d stake my license on it.

• John Galt says:

Pre-filing notice is apparently required.

I wouldn’t be surprised if plaintiff already turned down a substantial offer.

• kathyca says:

Agree..and now they file with more exculpatory evidence on record. No racism…pfft Proof positive of injuries at the scene. I’m guessing NBC didn’t have or wasn’t given time to react to the latest developments…too bad, so sad. They’ll now put of their best “show” defense, followed by real dollars :)

25. froggielegs says:

“George Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, says his client will not accept a plea deal to avoid going to trial on a murder charge in the death of Trayvon Martin.

On Thursday, O’Mara told In Session correspondent Jean Casarez that he would not allow his client to accept a plea deal. “I wouldn’t plea someone who is innocent. So I think the answer is pretty easily no,” said O’Mara.

Friday morning at 9 a.m., In Session on truTV will air Casarez’s interview with Zimmerman’s attorneys. ”

26. rumpole2 says:

That sounds good :)

27. eastern2western says:

People have forgotten about nancy grace!

• froggielegs says:

Personally I think all of HLN should be added to that list and mainly Vinnie Politan as he loves nothing more than to comment everyday how George is a racists and brutally shot a poor innocent little child only wanted to go to the store for some candy.

• eastern2western says:

vinnie politan, he should definitely be sue because he has a snarky voice that sounds like he still does not believe zimmerman was injured after the photo came out.

• froggielegs says:

And even if the goof Lord came down today and told him Trayvon was the aggressor, Politan still would not believe it. Trayvon was just a little bitty child walking home with his candy. At least that’s what he wants us to believe. You know I use to like Vinnie Politan and Nancy Grace long time ago when it was Court TV. Since HLN purchased it, it has become garbage and anyone sitting in the defense position in any case is immediately guilty not questions asked.

I think Nancy Disgrace stopped talking about the case because she was warned by CNN and reminded of the lawsuit they had to settle with the family of Melinda Duckett because of Disgrace’s big mouth.

• eastern2western says:

Being an ex-prosecutor, she really does not know how to shut the f up. The police report stated zimmerman was injured and was signed by multiple cops, but nancy ex-prosecutor grace would take the words from daryl parks instead of the words from multiple police officers.

• froggielegs says:

“The Supreme Court of Georgia has twice commented on Grace’s conduct as a prosecutor. First, in a 1994 heroin drug trafficking case, Bell v. State, the Court declared a mistrial, saying that Grace had “exceeded the wide latitude of closing argument” by drawing comparisons to unrelated murder and rape cases.[9]
              In 1997, the court was more severe, overturning the murder-arson conviction of businessman W. W. Carr in the death of his wife. While the court said its reversal was not due to these transgressions, since the case had turned primarily on circumstantial evidence, it nevertheless concluded “the conduct of the prosecuting attorney in this case demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable.”[10] Carr was freed in 2004 when the Georgia Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Fulton County had waited too long to retry him, thereby unfairly prejudicing his right to a fair trial.[11]
              Despite upholding the conviction she sought, a panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2005 opinion that Grace “played fast and loose” with her ethical duties and failed to “fulfill her responsibilities” as a prosecutor in the 1990 triple murder trial of Herbert Connell Stephens.[12] The court agreed that it was “difficult to conclude that Grace did not knowingly use … [apparently false] testimony” from a detective that there were no other suspects, despite the existence of outstanding arrest warrants for other men

• Chip Bennett says:

You assume that such people believe in the existence of our Good Lord?

• rumpole2 says:

Nancy Grace?…….. Nancy Grace?……

Fat, blonde woman with a terrible screechy voice… says BOMBSHELL! at lot……. dances with one boob hanging out……….. its that the one?
      :D

• Alexandra M. says:

LMAO! You forgot “she who cut the cheese audibly on DWTS”. :)

• froggielegs says:

And this is the type of person who follows Vinnie Politan and Nancy Disgrace. This was posted on InSessions FB post about the interview tomorrow morning….

“my question is why is O’mara releasing this new picture of Zimmerman on the night this happened now??…if this is legit why not have released it from the get go….releasing it this late in the game makes it less credible in my opinion…..”

That is what scares me about a jury trial in ANY case. Some people are far too stupid to even look at one ounce of evidence or even read beyond most headlines in the news. If this idiot read beyond the headline she would of known the color photos released yesterday were just given to the defense and is why the defense just now released them. But instead she just rather gather her news in headlines or be told what to believe. Sheeple at it’s best!

• rumpole2 says:

It is certainly a worry. When you look around the “average” person is NOT a very high stanard. Look at who they vote for, or how they post on message boards… and as jurors their track record is NOT very good.
          I know you disagree.. but the Pinellas pinheads in the Casey Anthony case is a prime example.
          I have suggested before…. a system of professional jurors… picked for a minimum level of intelligence and various cognitive skills…. trained for the job even….. perhaps some sort of RESERVES set up like the military.. do some training and then sit on reserve until needed. Volunteers who take on the task… gotta be better than reluctant conscripts. I think you could afford to pay them well for the time they are called to serve.. eliminating all the angst and personal worry that effects some jurors plucked out of normal routine to do jury duty.

• froggielegs says:

LOL Rumpole yes I do disagree about the CA jurors because the prosecutors had no evidence to show Casey actually did kill Caylee. (even though I believe she did) But, I completely agree that there needs to be some sort of system of how jurors should be picked. Something much better than what we have in place now.

• jordan2222 says:

There is a big difference in how a grand jury is selected and how jurors are selected for a trial.

• Kim says:

That’s nothing. Ebony magazine is suggesting on twitter that the picture is photoshopped. If they did 60 seconds of research, they would have seen that the pic was released by the state to the defense. It’s just sickening and SCARY to me.

• froggielegs says:

Ohh yet another Media outlet that can be sued

• John Galt says:

“It’s just sickening and SCARY to me.”

Sounds like reckless disregard of truth or falsity to me. :)

• Kim says:

Thats kinda of my point. The media can be biased and it obviously influences viewers and readers, and most importantly the jury pool. The sicking part is that Ebony could have done a little research before posting the tweets and creating a dedicated page on their website. They chose not too because of their own agenda.

• jordan2222 says:

dances with one boob hanging out

And dances with devils. at that.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Well, I TRY to forget her, but somehow she continues to *pop back up*, if you know what I mean.

28. Knuckledraggingwino says:

This lawsuit is obviously intended to compensate GZ for damages and have a punitive effect. However; it will motivate all journalists to be more fairband impartial by publicizing the gradually energizing evidence that proves GZ’s innocence in an effort to protect themselves. I would. Not be surprised if their were backchannel negotiations occurring in which various news outlets agree to air certain stories written or approved by West and MoM in return for being indemnified for past sins. The benefitbfor GZ is the need to win an acquittal in the court of public opinion prior tom his SYG hearing son that the judge will not be swayed by fear of race riots.

29. marie says:

May this be the beginning of a reckoning that networks, “journalists,” and their editors must now face, a reckoning that ruins their reputations, a reckoning that shoves their damn biases and prejudices in their damn faces. They’re the reason this happened to George. They’re the reason Romney didn’t get a fair shake.

30. RockyMtnMama says:

And after NBC settles with Zimmerman, it’s that much easier for them to go after Matt Guttman and ABC. I’d say they are likely vulnerable for the police station video where they placed their logo over the top of Zimmerman’s head to obscure his injuries when they knew full well that the injuries existed. The tough part there may be proving that they did in intentionally. Any lawyers here have a thought about that?

31. Don’t forget, many Republicans (RINOs, who should have known better) also threw George Zimmerman under the bus!

Jeb Bush: “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

See after 30 second mark

• Also Republican senator, Marco Rubio, who is not a natural born citizen, said:

“Stand Your Ground’ does not allow you to chase somebody and shoot them…”

• Chip Bennett says:

Also Republican senator, Marco Rubio, who is not a natural born citizen…

Rubio was born in Miami, FL, and is therefore, constitutionally, a natural born citizen.

[Rubio] said: “Stand Your Ground’ does not allow you to chase somebody and shoot them…”

Which is a true statement, and taken grossly out of context.

I’m pretty sure Rubio reiterates at least five times in that video that he doesn’t know anything about the facts of the Zimmerman-Martin case:

Rubio:We don’t know the facts of this case; they’re still emerging. I think a lot of people have rushed to judgement. We don’t know how it’s going to turn out. Let me tell you what I know: the FBI, the Justice Department, a task force by the governor with a new State Attorney have been appointed to look at that case. Let’s wait for the facts to come back.

Here’s what I do know about the Stand Your Ground law: it’s a self-defense law. I don’t know what happened in this case, but Stand Your Ground does not allow you to chase somebody and shoot them. I’m not saying that’s what happened in this case, but if it happened in this case or any other case, Stand Your Ground doesn’t apply. And that’s why I’m troubled by the fact that people are rushing to judgement on the law and on the case before all the facts are out there.

There’s no doubt that it was a tremendous tragedy. A young man lost his life, and that’s very unfortunate, but please, let’s wait until the facts are out so that we can have an intelligent debate about how to move forward on policy.

Reporter: And in your opinion this is more about self-defense than Stand Your Ground? Is that right?

Rubio: No, no, no. I don’t know anything about this case. The Stand Your Ground law is a self-defense law.

I think Rubio handled the minefield with aplomb, personally.

• canadacan says:

Marco Rubio seldom screws up. the senator is eligible to run for president. People who make comments on his citizenship are in deep trouble with me. They. Get smitted. Rubio for president. he’s a great tea party guy so Rubio for president first Latino president. folks need to get straight on who is constitutionally eligible to run for president

• eastern2western says:

completely agree that stand your ground is a self defense law, but it does not give a person the right the beat the living day light out of some one for following.

32. eastern2western says:

after all of the suits are settled, the last person zimmerman should go for is angela corey. Yeah, ms I prayed with trayvon’s family or justic for trayvon for malicious prosecution. If I remember correctly, the duke la crosse boys sued nifong after their case was dismissed.

33. eastern2western says:

could all of martins donators due the martins for their money back? The martins have basically solicited donations completely based on a falsified campaign. If the truth comes out that zimmerman was the actual victim of the case, could the donators sue to get their money back?

• smoothcriminal says:

I see criminal charges for that first. just like the recent case of the woman faking cancer to get donations. the martins faked being the victims for financial gain. and they used race as the engine, so i believe it would also be a hate crime.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I was wondering how Sybrina’s coworkers and employers will react if the court determines the deceased WAS the aggressor, after all! Will they feel like they were “scammed”?

• bp says:

The woman lost her son. No doubt her coworkers were inspired to do n act of charity to help her. No, I have no doubt they would never feel scammed. The poor teenager is dead.

34. LetJusticePrevail says:

Ho hum. NOW the TrayHuggers are all in a tizzy claiming that the NBC suit will go nowhere because of the Akre’s v Fox ruling in the FL 5th District Court of Appeals. They can’t seem to understand the difference between a wrongful termination suit and a defamation suit.

35. eastern2western says:

nancy grace is simply too stupid or she has dementia because she some how does not remember anything from the duke lacrosse case

• kathyca says:

just a funny six-degrees-of-separation aside — I’ve never watched Nancy Grace but after hearing the talk about her, I googled her. Turns out that the Judge in the trial of the person who killed her fiance was my former neighbor “Judge Billy” whose wife taught me about the proper usage of the phrase “bless ‘er heart” lol

• Cupcake says:

Oh my goodness. So according to Nancy falsely reporting of rape is 2 – 8% therefore these “rich” young men are guilty. After this was exposed as a scam wonder if she ever took back her words or apologized?

• El Gordo Loco says:

Monika Johnson-Hostler’s statement regarding a victim’s story being irregular or inconsistent, and comes back to the victim in pieces, can apply to an alleged rape-victim, should also apply to an alleged attack-victim suffering PTSD, would it not?

36. Lee says:

Excellent!!!!! Don’t forget Al Sharpton – NBC’s own pride and joy and President Obama’s voice of America – he kicked everything into high gear. He lied about Zimmerman leaving the station with his gun and constantly tossed fuel into the flames. How much influence did he have on the rest of the reporting for NBC and their affiliates? In watching the CBS report (posted above) – they definitely need to be added to the list – that was not editing – that was butchery. Good luck to you George and family – your efforts to hold the media responsible benefits us all – thank you!

37. Pingback: George Zimmerman’s Lawsuit Against NBC «

38. eastern2western says:

these trayvonites need to watch this video because it explains that the usage of deadly force is always the last option. If there is a chance to excape, then take the chance. even if george were the attacker, martin should had stopped when he got the upper hand. However he continued to pound zimmerman, which made him the aggressor and zimmerman the victim. eventually, zimmerman pulled out his gun as his last source of survival.

39. 22tula says:

“When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.”
    – Winston Churchill

Published – April 2, 2012

Published – April 24, 2012

40. murderbythebook says:

I’m so glad Sharpton is named in the narrative of the suit. He arranges protests and appears at them. He then goes back to NBC and comments on the protests. He was making news to report on.

41. sundance says:

As an aside, it’s a good thing we got Julison on record a week ago. Doubt he’d be very talkative today huh?

• wrongonred says:

When I saw this, I wondered if @NatJackEsq and @AttorneyCrump suddenly began transferring assets to the Cayman’s as they hear that train whistle getting a whole lot closer……they are sure a lot less talkative on Twitter. Perhaps they can seek asylum in Cuba.

• John Galt says:

There is a pre-filing notice provision in the Florida Statutes. Julison may have been tipped of the NBC lawsuit and decided to drop by the CTH and attempt to polish his image to reduce his target profile.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

No doubt that Julison will remain closed lipped.

On a side note, I have always wondered about the New York Daily News article that quoted the “anonymous” ex corworker of George who claimed that George was fired from a security company for manhandling a party guest. In a recently released statement (by another person who worked security with George) it was said that he had NEVER seen an incident like that, and he (apparently) was the person who called George when help was needed for parties, etc. I wonder if George has recourse against the NYDN if they cannot cite their source or support his claims?

42. eastern2western says:

I am wonderring who this dude is.

43. LetJusticePrevail says:

I am so glad that all of those “Justice for Trayvon Martin” rallies were civilized and respectful of the law:

44. I’m hoping for a lawsuit against Crump’s law firm and NatJack. Sue them for all the money they’ve extorted from others.

45. JAS says:

And just in time for Christmas, I am reminded of a funny old saying in Spanish: “A todo puerco le llega su Navidad…..”

Don’t know if I can do it justice, but loosely translated to English:

“Eventually, every pig has its Christmas….”

This from the Spanish traditional Christmas feast: roasted pig on a spit :).

46. mcfyre2012 says:

I told my wife months ago that the state would do everything it could to get a plea bargain because they have no case.

Now…I get the “Tampa Bay Times” newspaper daily (for the comics, crosswords, and coupons – $52 for a year). It calls itself the biggest paper in the Southeast…and it’s very liberal…weekly perp fiction stories about “misunderstood” murderers. I very rarely see any Trayvon news in this paper. Curious about the NBC lawsuit since it wasn’t in today’s print paper, i found only a small blurb on their website…but you have to look for it. Needless to say, if not for the Treehouse, there would be no info about Zimmerman’s plight.

Keep up the good work!