Thursday October 29th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

115 Responses to Thursday October 29th – Open Thread

1. Leon Brozyna says:

The only royalty we permit on this, National Cat Day.

It’s this or World Psoriasis Day or National Oatmeal Day …

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Complete Opposite Way

Pastor Kevin Sadler

“Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (Rom. 4:4-5).

In our witness for the Lord, Romans 4:4-5 are good verses to commit to memory. The reason is that they state the opposite of what most people think about how to be saved. Most believe that the way to be right with God is to be good and to earn your way to heaven by doing good things. These verses say something different.

When people work at their jobs and get their paychecks, they are entitled to their wages. They earned them. They worked for it and have a right to expect whatever they have coming based on an agreed-upon salary. And the employer is indebted to pay employees for their work. People don’t go to their employers after receiving their paychecks, thank them for the gracious gift of money, and protest that they didn’t deserve it. Instead, people take that check and go home, knowing that they earned it and are being reimbursed for their time and labor.

Many want to believe it’s the same way for going to heaven, that you work for it and earn it, that you get what’s coming to you, and salvation is a reward. But that is not the way it is with salvation. It is the complete opposite way. Salvation is “to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (v. 4).

No one receives salvation and God’s righteousness by working for it. It is given “to him that worketh not.” We have nothing to offer God in our unrighteous state. And God’s righteousness is not and cannot be earned. It’s not something we work for and so God owes it to us; it is something we receive by faith alone in Christ.

Work yields wages that the person working deserves or earns. Faith receives a gift that the person believing does not deser

ve or earn. To have God’s righteousness imputed to our account, and to be justified and declared righteous by God, we simply “[believe] on Him that justifieth the ungodly.” We trust in the Lord. We take God at His Word. We place our faith in Him when His Word tells us that Christ died for our sins and rose again (1 Cor. 15:3-4). Trusting God and His good news, we are made righteous by God.

God justifies, not the godly or the good, but “the ungodly” by their faith in Him. Romans 3:10,23 tells us, “There is none righteous, no, not one” and “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” We are all unrighteous sinners. God justifies the ungodly because there are no godly for Him to justify! All are ungodly in His sight. God justifies any who believe in Him.

You don’t need to clean up your act first or repent and turn from your sins to be saved, as is commonly taught. You just come as you are, as an ungodly sinner, throw yourself on the grace and mercy of God, and believe. You just trust Christ as your personal Savior and that’s it. The righteousness of God is received by faith alone strictly as a free gift from God. Have you believed?

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
    5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

3. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Cursday, Treepers. This is a good rescue story with a happy ending. All good dogs deserve favor . . . 🙂

4. Linda K. says:

That Puccini guy was pretty good at writing music!

5. The Devilbat says:

THE COVID-19 SCAM – A HORRIBLE AGENDA EXPOSED

I found this fantastic video about the Covid-19 scam and who is behind it. You have to enter your email address and I guess you will receive a request for a donation. Don’t let that stop you as this new group is fighting like Hell to put the truth out that is far worse than you could ever imagine. This excellent video exposes the many people behind covid-19 and what their agenda is. This video really is far too good to miss. The first four minutes is an introduction of the group after which I guarantee you will NOT be able to stop watching it until it ends.

6. Garrison Hall says:

Gotta love Allison and the Union Station guys. Had the pleasure of watching them live about ’06 or so, a time when they were probably at their best. It was two hours of pure enjoyment. What a great performance. What was interesting for me was that they were all so good that they made everything seem effortless—which it most certainly was not!!!

7. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Presidential Election 2020…

When will the counting of ballets end?

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

You think they’re kidding?!

Think, again…

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Will this be your church, post election?!

• rrick says:

Apparently, if the government follows the division of powers per the federal constitution, the guarantee of a republican form of government is satisfied even though that government be held in the names of Lenin, Mao, Minh, Iannarone, and of that ilk.

However, this apparent quandary reminds me of the John Adams quote, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Mind ye, the term religious does not denote denomination or spiritual affiliation, yet rather to propound upon certain virtues. This people, moral and virtuous, would not think to delve into that which this twit Iannarone has done. They may be aware of such danger yet disposed of the precepts by which to avoid the danger.

Iannaorone, et al., lacking virtue, have increased their deceit.

8. Texian says:

..it’s been an interesting hurricane season..

two hurricanes blew right through West Cameron South Addition..

and now hurricane Zeta went right into Timbalier Bay..

here’s her fifty foot waves in the Gulf..

man it looked a lot like this.. all night long..

the Coast Guard chopper managed to medevac one and almost went down..

..then radioed they weren’t coming back..

..our lifespan only lasted moment to moment.. wave to wave..

..here comes another one..

• Garrison Hall says:

Dayaam!! . . . Were you at sea when this was happening? I know what you mean about life advancing minute to minute. Sure glad I wasn’t there. Glad you mede it through..

• Linda K. says:

My dad was in the Navy during WWII and he was a radar tech up high in the ship and sometimes spoke about storms in the Pacific and waves that were higher than the mast and would seemingly overwhelm them. Only 18 or 19 he decided to go on deck and went to open the hatchway. As he turned the hatch to open, it was turned to lock from the outside by the midshipman guarding the door to keep everyone inside.
      Thanks for posting that video.

• Steele81 says:

That scare me I remember my dad telling us about his navy experiences during WWll and telling us about 40 and 50 foot waves. Made me realize how untamed the ocean is and how dangerous

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“experiences during WWll and telling us about 40 and 50 foot waves.”

I used to work with a man that was fought in Italy in WW2. On his way home, the troop transport ship encountered a huge storm in the North Atlantic ocean.

He mentioned 80 foot waves. Even the most experienced sailors were seasick. Most thought that they survived the fighting to die at sea on the way home.

Since that time, he NEVER went out onto the water in anything. He would travel by motorcycle, airplane, do a hang glider, etc. – but absolutely not go out on water.

He wouldn’t go onto a farm pond in rowboat during a perfect summer day without a cloud in the sky.

• annieoakley says:

Good thing the Captain of the ship stayed on the bridge with someone at the helm to keep the bow into the waves.

• Tornorosa says:

I heard about this from a survivor. Not highly publicized, it was nicknamed “Halsey’s Typhoon.”
          “On 17 December 1944, the ships of Task Force 38, seven fleet and six light carriers, eight battleships, 15 cruisers, and about 50 destroyers were operating about 300 miles east of Luzon in the Philippine Sea. The carriers had just completed three days of heavy raids against Japanese airfields, suppressing enemy aircraft during the American amphibious operations against Mindoro in the Philippines. Although the sea had been becoming rougher all day, the nearby cyclonic disturbance gave relatively little warning of its approach.

On 18 December, the small but violent typhoon overtook the Task Force while many of the ships were attempting to refuel. Many of the ships were caught near the center of the storm and buffeted by extreme seas and hurricane force winds. Three destroyers, USS Hull, USS Spence, and USS Monaghan, capsized and went down with practically all hands, while a cruiser, five aircraft carriers, and three destroyers suffered serious damage. Approximately 790 officers and men were lost or killed, with another 80 injured.

Fires occurred in three carriers when planes broke loose in their hangars and some 146 planes on various ships were lost or damaged beyond economical repair by fires, impact damage, or by being swept overboard. This storm inflicted more damage on the Navy than any storm since the hurricane at Apia, Samoa in 1889.”

9. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

10. BelowSurface says:

It’s absurd. No way Biden can be elected after the last days documentation in pictures & text-messages taken from his laptop – published by online newspapers – about the incest in his family.

• Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

To date, I think everything is from hunter biden’s laptop and other communication devices. I’m sure, by now, all of joe biden’s gadgets have been destroyed.

• BelowSurface says:

Yes, with ‘his’, I ment HB’s laptop, sorry for writing it unclearly. Agree that all of Joe’s gadgets now probably destroyed..
        + No way that Wray can avoid prosecution after sitting for 10 months on this direct evidence, both in photos & texts, of incest & abuse of a child.
        Biden of course can’t be elected after Jill, James & Joe Biden in their own text-messages are talking about the abuse of their underage relative! So any discussion of who will win the election is now just a waste of time.

• Linda K. says:

If Biden were to win, it would be a tragedy for our country. Trump has brought us so far and we see the corruption pretty full on in Joe Biden. His party will destroy us. I pray the good overcomes the evil.

• Pale rider says:

I thought it was a tragedy when bathhouse Barry got in, constitutionally and for the well being of our nation. Trump got it right on the birth certificate just as he always does. That punk is still a thorn in the side of America.

• piper567 says:

It’s my understanding there is very little news ab these topics on either msm or social media…it’s all being censored.
      We shall see….

11. Ocelot says:

An oldie hit–Japanese style.

12. rushtonovember says:

Everyone take your vitamin d. Studies show it reduces all stages of Covid-19 – less likely to get it, less likely to have symptoms, less likely to be hospitalized, less likely to need critical care, less likely to die. Dr Fauci takes it and they gave it to President Trump when he got Covid-19. Health Minister in GB just said everyone should take it.

• auscitizenmom says:

My doctor always tested my D levels, so I had plenty because she insisted I take a D supplement. I’m 74, overweight, and have high blood pressure. And, I had COVID back in Dec/Jan before we even knew what it was. So, I had a fairly mild case.

• Alleycats says:

Vitamin D is best derived from exposure to sunlight. 15-20 minutes every day is sufficient. If you take a vitamin D supplement, you MUST take it with food for your body to convert it for use. Otherwise it is just eliminated without effect.

• rushtonovember says:

At least 42% of Americans are vitamin d deficient. African Americans usually have low vitamin d levels that require supplementation. There are also several genetic snps that may reduce vitamin d synthesis from sunlight. Certain diseases also increase vitamin d deficiency.

I can spend 6 hours a day outside in the summer in shorts with no shirt, and can barely get my vitamin d level above 20 ng/mL. I have to supplement year round.

Doctors consider people with vitamin d levels as low as 20-30 ng/mL to be adequate, but at least one study I have seen showed protection against covid-19 increased as vitamin d level increased up to around 70 ng/mL.

Vitamin d is a fat soluble vitamin, so needs fatty food.

“Researchers in Spain have discovered that 82% of hospitalized patients with Covid-19 were vitamin D deficient in a new study published today.”

• mandy says:

Yes! PLEASE don’t think that you can get sufficient sunshine during the winter months. IIRC, only two places in the continental US have strong enough sunshine in the winter to trigger the skin to generate Vit D (Miami and the very southern tip of Texas). I can’t just take a 5 minute walk here in Nebraska and look up frequently and poof! generate sufficient Vit D. THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS!

Please do your own research for your area, and when you find that winter sun doesn’t cut it for vit D production, TAKE A SUPPLEMENT!

This is one of those times when a certain search site comes in mighty handy:

Scholar.google.com

I searched using CUTANEOUS VITAMIN D SYNTHESIS. Plenty of research papers to read that will disabuse the idea that a quick stroll on a sunny morning will generate ample Vit D!

And … bonus! I found the calculator that I used years ago when researching vit D (a site I had lost):

• dogsmaw says:

If you come sit in my backyard for a few, you’ll get plenty of sun…but I do take CoQ10 +D3+K2 and of course my favorite Black Elderberry w/zinc. The worst health problem I seem to have is a history of broken bones (mainly wrist and ankle), but so far have managed to keep that in check if I dont try to put alot of strain there. No covid here at my household and Im not known to don a mask 😛 But if the weather changes, I start hearing crickets from the pressure change due to sinus…yeah I know, but I dont like meds!!!

• mandy says:

I’ve been using Jarrow brand Ubiquinol (because I’m in that older age bracket so Co Q 10 doesn’t work as well). Stuff works great for me. For sinus stuffiness, try BROMELAIN. I cannot even believe how great a job that stuff does….I pop a half of one when I get the least bit stuffy and within an hour, it’s all gone.

• dogsmaw says:

Well I have learned to live with it cause Im allegeric to almost everything, including pineapple. I just cant bring myself to go to doc and get shots, so instead I grab a hot damp cloth and smother my nose till the moisture breaks through…then tent my whole head over some steam and let it all clear out. I dont like meds 😛

• mandy says:

Ah, yeah – if you’re allergic to pineapple, Bromelain is a no no for sure. Not liking meds is a very VERY good thing. CDC 2018 stats for a single month showed that 40.9% of Americans age 65 and over took 5 or more prescription drugs, 67.5% took 3 or more, 89.1% took at least 1.

THAT is scary.

• piper567 says:

mandy, and then there are those of us who get NO Sun, sometimes for months.
        One yr my Parents visited from Thanksgiving to New Years, and the Sun NEVER came out. They lived in Boise; I am in W WA.
        One day when Daddy and I were out walking, he asked me if this was “normal”?
        No, not “normal”. but it does happen, ha!

• dogsmaw says:

Addition to Dat…

Met a youngun (19 yr old) from NC and talked to him for a few…talked about how he was so in love with Louisiana and maybe considering moving here. So we were talking bout his schoolin and he informed me that he was currently in trade school and workin here as an apprentice lineman 🙂

So here’s a shoutout for the Lineman that fixes my electricity, internet, etc

GLEN CAMPBELL LIVE
      WICHITA LINEMAN

13. An American says:

Unseal and release all of Obama’s personal life history documents/records from the time of his birth through to his election to the Senate.

Requesting for an avid Obama supporter.

14. just stevie says:

SUBSTITUTION

“He hath made Him to be sin for us…that we might be made the righteousness of God…” 2 Cor v. 21

The modern view of the death of Jesus is that He died for our sins out of sympathy. The New Testament view is that He bore our sin not by sympathy, but by identification. He was MADE TO BE SIN. Our sins are removed because of the death of Jesus, and the explanation of His death is His obedience to His Father, not His sympathy with us. We are acceptable with God not because we have obeyed, or because we have promised to give up things, but because of the death of Christ, and in no other way. We say that Jesus Christ came to reveal the Fatherhood of God, the loving-kindness of God; the New Testament says He came to bear away the sin of the world. The revelation of His Father is to those to whom He has been introduced as Saviour. Jesus Christ never spoke of Himself to the world as one Who revealed the Father, but as a stumbling block (see John xv. 22-24). John xiv. 9 was spoken to His disciples.

That Christ died for me, therefore I go scot free, is never taught in the New Testament. What IS taught in the New Testament is that “He died for all” (not – He died my death), and that by identification with His death I can be freed from sin, and have imparted to me His very righteousness. The substitution taught in the New Testament is twofold: “He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; THAT WE MIGHT BE MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN HIM.” It is not Christ FOR me unless I am determined to have Christ formed IN me.

Oswald Chambers
    October 29th Devotional

15. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Thursday, October 29, 2020

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
    Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

16. trnathens says:

There WILL BE an “hour of temptation” soon.

This is not a guess:

Revelation 3:10
    Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

They are not done fighting.

WE must hold fast to that which we know to be True, and Honest, and Pure.

Job 27:6
    My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.

Psalm 59:8
    But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

Psalm 1:26
    I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Matthew 5:5
    5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

but…

Revelation 21:7-8
    7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Luke 12:35-40
    35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
    36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
    37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
    38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
    39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
    40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

17. ReglarMerican says:

Prayer – and – Fasting.
    I think readers of CTH know why.
    IMHO even just using a lunch break as a prayer time instead, and skipping that meal, is worthy. If one can devote more that is awesome.
    Remember The Widow’s Mite …

18. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

19. Sepp says:

Prayer of Saint Ioannikios the Great (+ 846)

My hope is the Father, my refuge the Son, my protection the Holy Spirit. O Holy Trinity, glory to Thee.

20. CrewDog says:

Pastor Jonathan Cahn tells it like it is!! Worth watching & passing on:
    Warning for Election Day & Call For Day of Prayer & Fasting

GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC!

21. CC says:

Treepers, just got home from the night shift.

When ‘rona hits, it hits people in different ways. The sickest in my ICU, all have one thing in common…they got ‘the plasma cure’ but got it late…2-3 weeks after starting to feel ‘icky’ and got sicker, quickly. one patient will probably not make it…one is 88, so who knows and one is struggling. All on ventilators. and all about 2-3 weeks out from the treatment. Multi-system organ failure. Its real. Its deadly. Its not for me to advise on treatment but I encourage everyone who does not feel well, get to the doctor. Don’t put it off. Get tested. Ask what options are available. Be your own best advocate. Eat healthy, rest, wash your hands….And may God Bless all of you!

22. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:
  23. I don’t care who you are, that there is some……………

24. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

More crooked dealings of the Bidens uncovered over at FrontPageMag:

“After Americore took over the Ellwood City Medical Center, it racked up over 40 citations from the Department of Health. Cardiovascular services were cut, the wound unit was closed, and access to its MRI machines was sidelined.

In 2018, James Biden was renovating his Americore office and demanding expensive furniture as part of an office that was described as a “little shrine to him and his brother and Obama.”

Utilities threatened to turn off the gas and the water at Ellwood. Instruments weren’t being sterilized because there was no equipment, and the hospital couldn’t even afford to order tests. Things got so bad at the hospital that hazardous waste was just piling up in garbage bags.

Hospital patients might have been able to get basic care and supplies, but the money wasn’t there. Meanwhile, James Biden had allegedly made off with $650,000. According to the Americore CEO, “Jim Biden directed me to loan him approximately $400,000 of this money for him to use to repay a past-due personal loan.” Later, “Biden took additional amounts totaling approximately $250,000.”

That was in January 2018. By the summer, Ellwood was closing departments, and by the fall, it couldn’t pay its power or gas bill.” But, like so much in Pennsylvania, the Ellwood City Medical Center never recovered from the Democrats. The FBI raided it in January and the hospital lost its license next month. Not that it mattered at that point because the hospital had already been shut down since December 2019.

25. Tornorosa says:

Mom and Daughter dance team, nailing it 1 min video

26. devilman96 says:

Struggling to find info… Regarding Rosenstein and Durham.

Does anyone here remember Sundance covering the subject of Rosenstein bringing Durham into the DOJ investigative fold several months before Barr was AG?

I swear I read it here, commented on it, reread it 5 times there after but am struggling on finding the thread now.

Anyone have better RAM than I do today?

27. Macron’s response that followed the islamist terror attack at the Notre Dame cathedral in Nice is NOT the answer. He is adding manpower in DEFENSIVE postures, but THAT WON’T WORK.

There aren’t enough French forces to effectively defend every target BECAUSE France is already overrun by muslims who can strike ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME. The terrorists are deploying a simple strategy that’s as old as Sun Tsu’s “Art of War”:

Force the larger army to spread itself out by attacking random targets.

If Macron (and anyone ELSE battling terrorism) doesn’t CHANGE TACTICS, the French people will continue to perish until they simply submit from frustration.

He MUST wade into his enemy where he IS concentrated: The mosques. Go THERE and round up ALL OF THEM.

DEPORT ALL MUSLIM NON-CITIZENS
    OUTLAW THEIR CULT

28. Landslide.
    That is all……..

29. eweturn8 says:

catch the latest Intellectual Froglegs

cameo by Aunt a Jean and awesome tuneage

30. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

31. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

32. Troublemaker10 says:

I have no words. This needs to be soundly rejected. It seems that freedom is slowly slipping away in western nations. Heaven help us.

—————————-

Scottish Bill Would Criminalize ‘Hate Speech’ in Private Homes

Excerpt:

“A controversial bill making its way through Scotland’s Parliament would criminalize hate speech even if the offending words were uttered in someone’s private home.”

-snip-

The legislation criminalizes hate speech relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity, and variations in sex characteristics, including potentially hate speech spoken in private residences.

After criticism from groups saying the bill threatens to stifle free speech, Yousaf agreed to amend the legislation when it reaches stage two of consideration in Parliament. The amendment will stipulate that offenders may only be prosecuted if they had “intent” to stir up hatred.

33. P says:

Not just for the ladies.

When You Aren’t Sure if You Should Stay

FTA: “Even if your situation doesn’t allow for relationship reconciliation, redemption with God is still yours for the choosing.”

34. P says:

Not just for women.

Who Are You?

FTA: “When people ask you about yourself, how do you respond? Do you tell them about your job? Relationship status? Where you live? ”

From commentator Stephanie: “….I am what God says of me, and that is the only thing that matters!”