Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham appears on Sunday Morning Futures to discuss the latest DC events surrounding senate investigations and the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett.  Senate Judiciary hearings begin October 12th, committee nomination likely October 22nd to Mitch McConnell.

As an outcome of his own can-kicking and ‘over-promise/under-deliver’ disappointments Senator Graham has diminished support from the republican base in South Carolina.  As a direct result, Graham uses this appearance to request money for his own reelection effort.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Cold Anger, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2020, FBI, Lawfare, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, Supreme Court, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

165 Responses to Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham Announces Dates and Timeline for SCOTUS Confirmation…

1. RJ says:

Goodbye Miss Lindsey, I am not going to miss your face, your words and your empty promises!

• Wethal says:

As awful as Graham, Collins, Murkowski and Romney are, they do serve on useful purpose: they keep Schumer from being Majority Leader. Keeping the GOP caucus in the majority is one reason why we have to put up with RINOs until an electable conservative can beat them in the primary.

• Bar Wind says:

I’m not sure. The only legislation that moves is uniparty legislation. A bloated military budget with lots of nation building funds. And plenty of Wall Street corporate welfare and monopoly friendly bills. It really doesn’t matter if Republicans or democrats have control. Its all an illusion. The differences and disagreements are all manufactured. Republicans love abortion too. They have lots of mistresses and “nieces” that need a handy miscarriage once in a while. And Republicans would love to get our guns too. They hate us as much as the democrats.

• James Carpenter aka "Felix" says:

Bar Wind, I have felt of the words you write myself at times. You are defeated when you quit.
          But defeatism, nihilism, they aren’t welcome in my teepee. Not even as guests.
          Throw up you hands and say, “What’s the use”?
          Screw that noise. Stick it where the sun don’t shine.
          And in the spirit of freedom and individual choice, I leave it to you how far, how fast, how hard.

• Jeff says:

I beg to differ. It matters a great deal. It’s not just about legislation. It’s about committee chairmanships. It’s about not having Chuck Schumer in charge of the Senate. It’s about, ahem, confirming judges. It’s about so simple a thing as just having the majority. Consider this: If the dems had been the majority in the Senate, do you think they would have voted to acquit President Trump in the shampeachment hearings?

• Fubu says:

Or appointed one single Supreme Court Judge. Having the majority keeps the savages in check. If they take over the majority, you have the crazies running the asylum, and if you think it’s bad now, wait until that happens.

We all agree that MAGA>GOPe/RINO>Democrat.

• GovLaw says:

You are absolutely correct. I’ve worked in the House for a member and a committee. Those in the majority are in charge. I worked in the majority and it’s actually at times both sad and disturbing to watch the minority staff operate. They are often just desperate and flailing though they try to hide it. So I agree, every election does not satisfy the purist, and we can’t have a House full of Jordans, Stefaniks, Gaetz, Nunes, Meadows, etc. but keeping the majority in the Senate, GETTING the majority in the House, and making sure President Trump, our absolutely fearless leader, re-elected are the 3 things we must all do in this Election!

• James Carpenter aka "Felix" says:

A vote to convict on Articles of Impeachment from the House requires more than a simple majority.
            Thank you Teacher’s Union.
            What a FINE job you’ve made in educating our populace in simple American civics.

• dd_sc says:

Articles of Impeachment are then sent to the Senate where a 2/3 vote is required to convict and remove the president from office.

If Schumer had been majority leader, Senate Democrats would have pulled the same bs with witnesses and testimony that House Democrats did. Whether that would have been enough to get the required number of Republicans to vote to convict is a big unknown.

• Kroesus says:

Conviction in the Senate requires a 2/3 vote. Control of the Senate is not enough, you need either a supermajority or many sellout RINOs.

• cwf60 says:

Remember when President Trump was elected, and Republicans had control of all 3 branches of government? Republicans squandered the opportunity to help the country, because they disliked the president as much as the Democrats. In 2018, Paul Ryan and Republican congressmen retired in a large block which led to a Democrat controlled Congress. I remember well.

• cwf60 says:

• GenEarly says:

The Repub voters of Virginia who stayed home in 2018 paid the price of your philosophy.
          Replace Repub Quislings in the Primaries, not the General Elections.

• Peppurr says:

Makes sense to me!

• warrprin1 says:

A crack has formed in the foundation that holds the Ds and the Rs together against us. It isn’t chasm sized yet, but it is definitively widening.

Have you looked around the country for the past four months? The Left has given itself permission to Burn, Loot, and even Murder – at will, whenever and however they choose.

Look at the difference in the messages coming from the elected officials in each of the two major Parties. One Party is denouncing the mayhem while the other is openly signaling approval and encouragement for the violence to continue. We are so fortunate to have a President who is showing the wayward Republicans the error of their more recent ways.

It matters which Party has control, especially because of the Constitutional procedures required in the confirmation process for Supreme Court Justice nominees.

The two Parties may have played footsie together for too long now, but the poop is hitting the fan out in the streets, and one by one in turn, individual Republicans are coming around to see the error of their ways – based on confrontations with open rebellion underway outdoors in front of their own homes.

The members of one Party can be persuaded to listen to reason. The members of the other Party have chosen to remain on a suicide mission – and want to take us with them.

It matters which Party holds the Senate Majority.

• RJ says:

Ok, you got me!

When it comes to the Trump team I want as many players as possible, which sadly includes Miss Lindsey; however, I am not sure he is really on the Trump team.

What if next spring we have more than enough real and true players on Trump’s team…can I get away then with wanting this southerner going home to sit on his porch and sip mint juleps?

• anonymous from SC says:

Yes, but more importantly, we in states with RINO Senators need to vote for them this time, to make sure there’s a Republican majority in the Senate to fight through the aftermath of the election, so the Democrats can’t steal the win from President Trump.

• whoseyore says:

Vote them out during the Primaries. I pray that many of the great folks who comment here at the Tree House would consider running against the elites in your area. We need some good men and women to contest them during the next Primaries. Too late now, it is what it is and we have to hold our nose and vote straight Republican ticket.
          I suspect if they see the arrests of some Deep State, they might straighten up and act like a Conservative.

• gonetoblanville says:

YES, WE MUST NOT VOTE OUT THESE RINOS NOW! WE MUST KEEP THE REPUBLICAN SENATORS AND HOUSE MEMBERS WE HAVE AND VOTE IN MORE TO HOLD THE SENATE AND GAIN BACK THE HOUSE AND KEEP PRESIDENT TRUMP IN THE WHITE HOUSE TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY AND CONSTITUTION. THEN AFTER WE SAVE OUR OOUNTRY WE MUST WORK TOGETHER TO FIND REAL REPUBLICANS TO REPLACE THE RINO! Before 2022.

• revarmegeddontthunderbird says:

I agree, but all of the big talking loud mouth do nothing RINOS need to be challenged by real conservatives and we need to fund them.

• Rhoda R says:

In the primaries. Unfortunately, Graham easily won his primary. Maybe we also need to target GOP leadership within the party at ALL levels.

• Missy says:

Because they have open primaries in SC, a scourge in any state wanting to elect conservatives. Democrats and Independents can vote in themprimary, and it really screws with the candidates available.

If you live in a closed primary state, be sure TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. Also, many open primary states are think8ng about moving to a “ranked choice” system, like CAs jungle primary, and ththen rn you will ONLY have Dims to vote forever more.

Beware.

• revarmegeddontthunderbird says:

• JRD says:

Not me. I don’t do “Battered Conservative Syndrome,”
        Very disappointing that you would vote for Mitt Romney again after all the abuse you have taken,

Insanity is having the same behavior and expecting a different outcome,

SCREW Lindsey Graham and his dead friend John McCain !!!

• Nigella says:

Yeah, I’d like to see him replaced… With a Republican.. No way do we need another Dem Senate seat…

• Bar Wind says:

Lindsey Grahams concern for justice and the rule of law will end on November 4 2020. At that time he will demand Trump concede the election to Biden. Even if Trump is ahead and winning. He will demand Trump step aside for the good of the country. He will also support all democrats recounts and disputes. He will oppose all rep recounts and disputes. Except if he loses his own election.

• Bar Wind says:

• Dekester says:

Your Senate really is a nightmare. Four or five on the Republican side are always “in the news”

Useful opposition is a perfect description of these clowns.

Graham does nothing to inspire confidence, and certainly wouldn’t get me to “cross the street” to vote for him if there was no PDJT on the ticket.

I remember on Inauguration Day Sen. Blunt on the stage with PDJT and Melania he looked really miserable. Sickening.

As a foreigner and massive PDJT supporter, I must be honest and say I really don’t care much for your Republican Senators, and if PDJT were not hurt by it. Maybe a Dem Majority is what you need down South, as this B.S. of going along to get along needs to be exposed.

PDJT has opened the door, and there is no turning back. I know I have quietly given up any consent to be governed. PDJT is the only “ politician “; that inspires me. Check out out the anti mask rallies around the world for one example. The quiet contempt for the politicians is of the charts.

That being said, Senator Johnson sure seems sincere in his frustration today.

God bless PDJT

• freepetta says:

Unfortunately President Trump needs our Republican Senate to carry on his work for the American 🇺🇸 people.
        Obviously, you’re not familiar with that.
        BTW where are you from?

• Dekester says:

Oh..I am familiar. Do you miss Jeff Flake😉

Pre Covid I visited the U.S.weekly.

So why has the Turtle not allowed the Senate to recess and allow PDJT to make appointments.

McCain was a huge help.

I have yet to see any Dem stab Obama or Clinton.

I am a Canadian but was U.K. born and raised.

• Dekester:
            POTUS knows how to work around those fools; they just don’t know it yet.

• freepetta says:

Nice to meet you Dek.
            That recess appointment is a very good question, but that’s why most can’t stand McConnell but it’s the lesser of 2 evils.
            Schumer is a horrendous piece of 💩. I live in NY worked in NYC until I retired from NYPD.💁🏻‍♀️
            Looking forward to moving in the next few.
            Glad to see Canada isn’t all libs. I’ve seen what’s been done to your cities. It’s shameful!

• Dekester says:

Cheers freepetta,

I always enjoy your posts.

Four of us were at coffee this morning in small town B.C. all are PDJT supporters, and very well “ tuned in” to what is going on south of the 49.

Because you disclosed your history, so will I.

I am retired VPD ( Vancouver B.C.) 32 years.

We get it..

I utterly despise Schumer and his crew, and sincerely believe they are all sociopaths, some say a sociopath is a psychopath that has not been caught yet.

We have seen their deeds up close and it ain’t pretty.

Unfortunately I have become addicted to your politics since PDJTs elevator ride, and discovering this tremendous site.

Your Democrat Senators should scare your nation, and the capitulation of the MSM should not go unchallenged any longer.

Cheers, and all the best.

• freepetta says:

BTW Jeff Flake is a total loser and is a flake!

• MaineCoon says:

Dekester – Enjoy this video of a Canadian crown cheering for Trump! I thought of you when I saw it!

• Peppurr says:

Thanks so much for this link!. I left Vancouver 3 yrs ago to be closer to family. I had no idea when I sent my kids out east to Universities that they would meet their future spouses and settle in the east.
              I’m very impressed, actually shocked, with that rally there! Thanks again!

• Dekester says:

Peppurr,

It’s not news to folks here but the MSM really is the enemy of the people.

The PDJT support here in our part of Greater Vancouver is off the charts, although you would never here about it.

I regularly get questions about how’s PDJT really doing.

As they know the MSM are corrupt bass turds.

There is no putting this genie back in the bottle..

Republicans running for office will by and large be pro MAGA

Or end up like Flake and Sessions.

Sadly Vancouver is sliding into the malaise that infects S.F. Portland and Seattle.

Vancouver has a lunatic communist Mayor and decent folks can’t run against him as Steyer and his Tides Foundations money will destroy them.

• Peppurr says:

Thanks for the info Dexter. I left there in 2017. Born in Vancouver and lived in North Van before I left. I had no idea there was a new communist mayor.:-( I’m aware the media was paid off. I live south of Toronto. Never go into that disgusting City.

We’ve got to get rid of Trudeau, but with all the immigrants and Quebecers and Soros, it’s near impossible. Thank goodness useless Scheer is gone, but, I don’t know much about O’toole except that he now has Covid.

• Dekester says:

Cheers Mainecoon,

Much appreciated.

It’s great being on this side.

God bless PDJT

• mac says:

Hi Deke,
                I’ve been to Canada and love a lot of things about it. The government, particularly under Twinkletoes, isn’t one of them. Just as an aside, I went to PEI (God’s Country!) and stayed at a B&B run by a retired Toronto PD Detective. Guy made great breakfasts–banana-pecan pancakes with maple bacon!

He told me he pulled the plug when he realized that the Toronto city government’s top levels had turned to a pro-criminal policy and no longer supported proper policing. He recognized that he might end up on the wrong end of criminal charges if he stayed much longer, so, luckily having enough time in to retire, he resigned and moved to PEI. That was back in 2004. I doubt things have gotten any better since.

I always enjoy your comments. Keep ’em coming!

• Right to reply says:

Goodness me! What horrible luck to go from one Socialist country to another!

• The Devilbat says:

Dekester, I am an American but was U.K. born and raised in Feltham Middlesex (now surrey). I hate to go back to the UK as it reeks of Marxism and I don’t speak Urdu.

• Peppurr says:

We had relatives in Banstead, Surrey and would visit there. It was beautiful. The last time I went to England and landed in London, it was like we were in the Middle East. So very, very sad.

• mac says:

Yep. Stayed in London in 2005 for a month, about three blocks off the Edgware Road. That place looked like Fujairah to me. English was definitely a second language there. By the time I left, I realized London is no longer a part of England, just as LA or NYC are no longer the United States.

I pulled out my Spyderco pocketknife to assist one of my instructors in opening a pack of Post-It notes. He was futilely trying to open it with a pound coin. When they saw my Spyderco, there was actually a collective gasp from my classmates. One of them asked me, “Where did you get THAT?” I asked him if he had ever heard of checked baggage. I’m pretty sure that from then on, I was marked by them as “that dangerous Yank.”

Today’s UK doesn’t deserve men like Nigel Farage or Dan Hannan, much less a woman like QE II or the sainted Margaret Thatcher. Churchill looking at London today would think he was on a foreign planet blessed with a remarkably realistic model of the Houses of Parliament and London Bridge!

• offtv says:

Dekester. Cow $hit is more useful than any of our senators.

• bertdilbert says:

“Well, if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
      I’ve seen your face before, my friend, but I don’t know if you know who I am
      Well, I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
      So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you’ve been
      It’s all been a pack of lies.”

• erm9164 says:

We cannot afford to lose his seat.Harrison is a leftist trying to disguise himself as a unifying moderate.He has managed to keep this race close.Graham has indeed lost support among the base.I hate him.But I have to vote for him.Hopefully the President’s coattails will drag him over the line.

• Yy4u says:

So you want a Democrat instead? This ia madness. The time to take out a RINO ia in the primary. This kind of thinking scares me more than voter fraud. The Democrats must love you

2. Eddd888 says:

What’s with this October 12 crap?? I have an idea – a straight up or down vote tomorrow.
    These people have totally forgotten how to actually work!

• Kate says:

Eddd, there is fund raising to do, McConnell has e-mails going out since yesterday, I am positive most of the Democrats are fund raising off this too. Follow the money is now the norm and not what is good or the right thing to do for our nation.

• Wethal says:

He may be trying to protect GOP senators up for re-election in tough contests by going through all the proper procedures, even at an acceralted pace. If he rushed it through, some of those night get cold feet.

Or Mitt might piously stand up and state that he takes his oath of office soooo seriously and just can’t for Barrett in this rushed manner.

• billinlv says:

Putting the blame where it really belongs, I agree with your implied conclusion……Mitch McConnell is a terrible leader but a very good follower of the billionaires and lobbyists who own him.

• Newhere says:

Agree he does appear to be presenting it all as “regular order” but even still, starting this whole circus on Oct. 12 is 14 days away, 36 days out from election (26 business days). That’s seriously cutting it close, and eating up approx. half the time between now and election with dead air. Why not start Oct. 5 — that still allows a week of prep, plenty of time.

Starting this whole thing it 2 weeks, to butt up against an election, is kind of ridiculous. I’m not convinced this will run smoothly.

• SanJac says:

Mittens has no business attacking religion when he belongs to one that is a corrupted cult.

• Peppurr says:

Nothing would surprise me about Mitt.

• The Devilbat says:

I believe that both parties are purposely trying to run out the clock before the election. The voter fraud could easily take out President Trump if the supreme court has a split vote and we all know how Mr. blackmailed John Roberts will vote.

• Koot Katmando says:

Certainly looks to me like The Rs in the senate will enable the Ds to delay till after the election so they can hold the SC seat over the R voters head to get them out to vote. IT WILL NOT WORK with me. If the Rs do not vote and confirm before the election they are not worthy of a vote. The Oct 12 date is NUTS. There is no way they can claim the Ds delayed it when they picked such an awful delay to start.

I know many will say but Graham is better than Ds. I say NOT if he can not get this seat filled before the election. If they can not complete this simple task then let the left have it. It took an Obama to get a PDT the same thing may need to happen with Senate.

3. freepetta says:

Graham is a phony. He needs to be one of those indicted in the fake Russian collusion bs.
    I believe he is one of those threatening a bill to disallow PDJT to fire Mueller.
    CYA for McPain and the lovely Mrs. Lindsey McPain.

4. margarite1 says:

Why the delay? Couldn’t they vote next week?

• sarasotosfan says:

And forfeit tv time????????

Never!

• If they did it next week; the evil enemies would scream “Not Constitutional”; “Not Following Precedence”; “They are Hiding Something”; “She really is an evil witch and this is the only way the evil Republicans can get her confirmed”; “We are being Scammed” by the evil Republicans who don’t even understand the Constitution…..
      AND that’s just for starters….
      You have to ball a little bit of ball with morons from time to time and this is one of those times.

5. mariinsc says:

I presume they are having the committee hearings, meeting we ith senators, egc., to prevent the appearance of anything unusual, rushing it through, etc. I can live with that.

I will not donate to Graham but I will vote for him despite him being him just so the dems don’t get another senator. It’s that simple.

BTW, I get 1-2 mailings from the dems every week. They are shredded. I thought about telling them to stop but if they want to waste their money, far be it from me to stop them.

6. rpcoastie says:

So Mitch and the RINOS are giving the Democrats a free 10 day circus to attack President Trump and Judge Amy? I’m already getting emails from a Liberal friend that ACB belongs to a secret Catholic cult!

7. Jason Ross says:

The RINOs can run out the clock to only 4 seconds left, just as long as the don’t forget the three points and not just punt it away.

WE NEED THE NINTH JUDGE BEFORE THE ELECTION IS DECIDED

8. WhiteBoard says:

why not hold the hearing October 1

send it to vote October 12th

DEFLATE the democrat turnout by confirming her 2 weeks before the election.

9. Leon Brozyna says:

Graham keeps promising that something big is coming;
    just wait, it’ll be coming tomorrow …

— To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death.
    Out, out, brief candle!
    Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.

• rashomon says:

How did The Bard anticipate such critters would invade our every effort to become more humane? Or is “humane” a pejorative as we learn more about our world’s inhabitants?

• Phil aka Felipe says:

“Graham keeps promising that something big is coming;
      just wait, it’ll be coming tomorrow …”

Why, what happened? Did he eat a big Mexican dinner this afternoon? 🙂

10. John55 says:

>>”Senate Judiciary hearings begin October 12th, committee nomination likely October 22nd to Mitch McConnell.”

That’s absurd. The full Senate vote will be occurring (if it occurs at all) just a few days before the election. Which means the Democrats will be able to get away with their election interference unchecked by the SCOTUS for the next month.

Have the Judiciary Committee vote this week, and the full vote in the Senate next week. Every last Senator already knows ho they intend to vote.

• Rhoda R says:

And, since she’s already gone through the selection process after being nominated to the Appellate Court, most of the Senators already HAVE met her. Maybe a meeting with the ones that are new might be in order but that shouldn’t take two weeks.

11. NC Patriot says:

Procedures—-they have to appear to follow “procedures”

12. Mike Van says:

Can’t start the hearings till the coup plotters can have a platform to espouse their opinions concerning the nomination. Fair is fair right? 😞

13. fangdog says:

Graham understands the value there is never tomorrow. Graham does understand; Yesterday a “cancelled check”, tomorrow a “promissory note” and today is “cash”. Graham has learned how to spend “cash” wisely for his benefit.

14. lewfarge48 says:

Absolutely no Constitutional requirement to have hearings !
    Take it directly to a floor vote tomorrow !
    Why let the commiecrats have any time and exposure to defame this nominee !

15. Mike in a Truck says:

Bwhahahaha! Lindsey the Lighthearted will always be known for one thing only: as the “Mavericks” Butt Boy.

16. starspangledred says:

This advertisement brought to you by the Re-Elect Lindsey Graham campaign. Shameless

17. C-Low says:

October 22 for the vote?

BS gramnesty and the repub sellouts are not going get this done, another sorry I guess I failed but tried real hard but not really at all crap. We should do the 3 days of questions next week with a vote immediately following the next business day after the 3rd day PERIOD.

18. ivehadit says:

Whatever the PRESIDENT wants is what we will do! If he endorses Lindsay then South Carolina MUST follow with electing Lindsay. Because the question that has not been asked is: Who replaces Lindsay? Just another of the same as long as Mitch is Maj. Ldr.

19. cherokeepeople says:

well i see this 2 ways.1.LG is giving the dems time to show their true colors against ACB hoping they go after her like kavanaugh.or 2. this comes to a vote say a week before the election.whats to say murcowski or collins or mitt for that matter turn coat and vote against.All this is doing is giving collins and himself a little cover to get re-elected.

20. Magabear says:

Let me see…….looking under the seat cushions…….ah, found some loose change……..67 cents headed Lindsey’s way. 😄

Seriously though, we need him to win so we can keep the Senate and maybe, just maybe, get someone off of my short list onto the Supreme Court. Throw me a bone here folks! 😉😊

21. warrenjay13 says:

Once a snake alway a snake.

22. L4grasshopper says:

As an outcome of his own can-kicking and ‘over-promise/under-deliver’ disappointments Senator Graham has diminished support from the republican base in South Carolina. As a direct result, Graham uses this appearance to request money for his own reelection effort.
    =====
    Graham might lose in deep red SC only because real Republicans in SC are fed up with his act.

My guess is that he is fervently hoping that the Dems Try to pull another Kavanaugh at some point during his hearing, so that he can “go off” on them and maybe get his base to actually vote for him again.

If the a Dems are smart, they won’t give him an excuse….and maybe they can pick up a seat they have no business winning.

23. lavender blue says:

According to polls, this deep state creature is trailing his undemocratic opponent Harrison by 2 points. Though he’s uniparty, i would rather he keep his senate seat than relinquish it to a socialist. Wings up and Godspeed treepers!

24. Matthew LeBlanc says:

This guy is pathetic. Looks like shit too.

25. lavender blue says:

https://www.protectthevote.com great website launched by RNC 5/2020 to address the undemocratic assault on our elections.

26. sarasotosfan says:

Not one red cent Lindsay.

27. Pa Hermit says:

LG’s “Best By” date and “Expiration” date have long since passed!

28. Rose says:

The only time he’s conservative is when his empire is at stake, frankly does one really care if he wins or loses he’s done nothing for the Trump administration unless it benefits himself.

• steph_gray says:

I care a lot if that one vote keeps ACB from being confirmed.

This election is too close for purism. Vote R down the line and then work for the primaries.

29. Mike Van says:

Soooo. Is that the same “Russian disinformation” that his bff, the senator who shall not be named. Sent his personal aid to retrieve from a foreigner? To prove that foreigners were meddling in our elections?

30. John55 says:

Graham sounds like he feels sorry for his friends on the Democratic side of the Senate. …”They’re under tremendous pressure” to oppose Barrett.

• I’ll bet some of those Democrats are really, really upset they have to go to the far left in order to take one for the team; you know, “the end justifies the means” theology…

It’s the first time for some of them.

31. joseywalesandtenbearsbarandgrill says:

To hell with Lindsey Graham. He represents what is wrong in DC. He is nothing but a hore for a dollar.

• Got it joseywalesandtenbearsbarandgrill, BUT your will vote for Lindsey Graham anyway, Because you love VSGPDJT and KNOW that he need every Republican he can get in the House and the Senate and Lindsey can navigate his way through the Swamp in DC.

That’s Reality.

32. ggmppv says:

He has proven that he is either stupid, or has been bribed. If he had any brains, he would realize that if he confirmed SCOTUS within a week, he would have won back many of the voters he has lost. But instead he has dragged it out and guaranteed that he will lose many of his voters and probably the senate sat. Why ? The only possibilities I can think of, is that either : 1) he is stupid. or 2) they have the NSA dirt on him.

33. nimrodman says:

Democrats plan to delay, delay, delay

Long list of smart-a$$ tactics

With that extended timeline Miss Linsey is promoting, she may just find herself out-smarted and out-maneuvered and Barrett appointment not made til who-knows-when, if at all

I just don’t like what I’m hearing, let’s get that show on the road sooner than later

34. Newhere says:

This is the second time Lindsey has awkwardly begged for donations on Bartiromo.

Serious question: why is Lindsey worried about pocket cash from the hoi polloi at this late date?

I would think either is seat is fairly safe as per usual — or he’s in jeopardy in which case, what good does it do to beg for cash on TV at this point (when if people were inclined to give it, he wouldn’t be in this pickle in the first place)?

The graveling is a bad look. Why isn’t he quietly phoning in favors from big pockets? What is the rationale for begging on TV?

35. nimrodman says:

Ok – here’s a thought:

What kind of dirt on Graham might the PRESIDENT’S TEAM have?

They should lean on him HARD for quicker action

Yeah, I know it’s hopium but influence is influence, anyone can play

The threat would have to be great enough to keep him from squealing to the press: “They leaned on me”

Must be an absolutely calamitous possibility that he can’t risk

And conveyed with plausible deniability

36. AceODale says:

Barrett will be confirmed, not so much because Trump wants it, but because McConnell does. His intended public legacy will be the Judgeships. And as Senate Marjority Leader, what McConnell wants, McConnell gets.

Fortunately for us at this time.

• An American says:

AceODale, this S.C. confirmation is so doggone important, one would think that McTurtle being the leader would want to set the whole thing up, ground rules, dates, etc. and get the optics for it. As it is, looks like soggy Gramcracker is setting the agenda.

Observation made by a friend.

• mac says:

American,
        Don’t you believe it. Graham is on a very short leash. McConnell wants this woman on the SC and she’s GOING to get there, come Hell or high water. Mac is pulling L’s chain, and Trump is pulling Mac’s. She WILL be confirmed.

37. regitiger says:

again

faced with the devil’s bargain as voters.

noticing the trend?

look on the bright side.

AT LEAST we acknowledge it’s a devil’s bargain.. that means we still have principles… morals ethics.

it would indeed be a very crushing day that WE THE PEOPLE just don’t care anymore…

so…its a compromise… accepting that ONLY for this situation…we will grit our teeth and throw a bone to

LG… Lindsey “low grade” graham.

I’ve had time over the last 48 hours to think and pray about AMY BARRETT too.

the same personal compromise for a greater goal. it’s not fabulous.

but its good enough.

i reserve my right to change my mind on both people once we observe actions.

I’m praying each hour about this.

and i recommend everyone do the same.

it matters

38. justsayin714 says:

When are Republicans going to stop cutting off their nose to spite their face? You’ll get no revenge against Lindsey by voting for his opponent, you moron. You’ll only be hurting our champion President Trump. And if we lose Trump because we lose SC and the Senate majority, I WILL personally never forgive you.

39. DonnyVee says:

OCtober 12th. Why not October 5th or sooner? I work in Real Estate. We do do our best to close things fast because of all the things that can happen that could derail the transaction. People die. Houses burn down. People lose their jobs. Any unnecessary days added to the seating of ACB on the SCOTUS are an unnecessary gamble. Confirm her now!!

40. Right to reply says:

While this is about Graham. I can’t wait to kick Rubio out and down the street!

41. somebodysgramma says:

I have a simple solution for Graham to redeem himself completely.
    Admit that he was wrong to align himself with John McCain who was part of the coup against the President of the United States. Beg the people for forgiveness and explain the backstory in his own words. McCain’s family has already gone to the dark side, so what is there to preserve?
    As Lindsay once said when pressed for Justice, “I’m just a politician!” or something like that. No, Mr. Graham, you are a United States of America SENATOR and with that mantle comes huge responsibility. Us regular folks, we don’t put up with backstabbing, lying, cheating, stealing, or miscarriage of Justice. Why should we tolerate it in our Senators? Mr. Graham, after you do your duty in getting ACB seated, you need to retire quietly to the countryside and do something else with your life. You let us down big time.
    In My Opinion.

42. Zy says:

Lindsey Graham, is this the guy Super Patriot Sean Hannity has on his show every night ? Sean, if he isn’t an uniformed idiot, knows full well that Ms. Lindsey is a treacherous rino. Supposedly, Hannity is a friend of the President and has access but allows Graham to do his thing on his show undermining the President. Maybe he isn’t a Super Patriot.

BTW- You can get a copy of Sean’s new book at …

43. Drogers says:

Regardless how he handles Ms. Barrett hearing I’m off Mr. Graham for good.

For years the ‘McCain and I’ was tired and worn. After a couple of off years I believe he attempted to weasel into Mr. President’s good graces. Now he’s like the party host’s rat dog running around barking for attention and pestering everyone. Don’t misunderstand though, I still want his vote for the next decade, I just will not expect anything good from him.

44. GB Bari says:

Graham pulls this crap but then expects us to dig deep into our pockets and reward him for it?

It’s just a whole different mindset in DC. Certainly not any values that I was raised to respect.

45. jus wundrin says:

I can already hear the feet dragging.

46. Pinot Noir says:

Not a fan but Graham was the “fixer” for Kavanaugh when Flake flaked. Might have been the highpoint of his career. Still, credit where credit is due. Time for a reprise if he wants to get across the finish line this election. Think he knows that.

47. T2020 says:

BYE FELICIA!!👋🏻

48. preptodef says:

When we win this, and I am convinced we will, we CTH followers can decide which RINO we wish to make an example of and throw dedicated financial support against them in their next primary, while letting the hated msm know what we’re about. This action should break out a cold sweat on more than one brow.

49. Lovearepublican says:

If Lyndsey plays his cards right and defends Amy as hard as he defended Kavannah…he just might win again.

50. Retired IG says:

Gawd. It is bad for my health to watch or listen to LG at this hour in the morning. I think of how constipated he has been. I am so sorry to be so rude about bodily functions, but I would have eaten a pound of prunes if I were Lindsey by now. Just to GET THINGS MOVING!
    Even Maria said to Lindsey it seems eons ago, “we’ll be watching for what you do.” Meanwhile he sits somewhere hoping for some action on the Captain Obvious events even while sitting by while Devin Nunes and any other person on the planet taking action HANGS OUT IN THE WIND TO DRY ALL BY THEMSELVES. AT LEAST THESE PEOPLE HAVE THEIR INTEGRITY HANGING WITH THEM.
    If you are not with us Lindsey, you are against us. I would rather a DEM take your seat than you continue on with your CONSTIPATION! Can’t have it both ways outside of your bedroom. TAKE A STAND FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN YOURSELF. AMEN.