President Trump Announces Supreme Court Nominee – 5:00pm ET Livestream…

Tonight at 5:00pm President Trump is scheduled to announce his pick to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court following the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Many media outlets are reporting the selection will be Amy Coney Barrett.

UPDATE:  WHITE HOUSE – Today, President Donald J. Trump announced his intent to nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to fill the Supreme Court vacancy created by the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Judge Barrett has served as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit since 2017. Before becoming a judge, she was the Diane and M.O. Miller, II Research Chair in Law and Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School, where her scholarship focused on constitutional and statutory interpretation and the Federal courts. Judge Barrett has also served as a Visiting Associate Professor of Law at the University of Virginia Law School and the John M. Olin Fellow in Law at George Washington University Law School.

Earlier in her career, she practiced at the prestigious law firms Miller, Cassidy, Larroca & Lewin LLP and Baker Botts LLP. Judge Barrett clerked on the Supreme Court for Justice Antonin Scalia and for Judge Laurence H. Silberman on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. She is a magna cum laude graduate of Rhodes College in Tennessee and a summa cum laude graduate of Notre Dame Law School, where she graduated first in her class. Judge Barrett is known for her keen intellect, piercing legal analysis, and generous spirit. Judge Barrett lives in Indiana with her husband Jesse and their seven children.

White House LivestreamCSPAN LivestreamFox News Livestream

This entry was posted in Big Government, President Trump, Supreme Court, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

333 Responses to President Trump Announces Supreme Court Nominee – 5:00pm ET Livestream…

1. Todd says:

Trump Train all aboard!!

2. delighteddeplorable says:

Newsmax also covering live.

3. Brian Carey says:

Forced vaccinations to go along with mandatory lockdowns. Not my preference.

• Do stop thinking about tomorrow says:

So what is the alternative?

• jello333 says:

You don’t think Trump would have talked with her about that… and received a reasonable statement about her intentions? We KNOW he doesn’t support such things, so I gotta believe he wouldn’t pick her if he was worried about that. (Or any of the other problems we’ve heard mentioned about her, such as the Pope stuff.)

• fionnagh says:

I posted this on a different thread: Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905).
      Am predicting a vaccine will be mandatory post-election. Barrett already cited this archaic ruling in a decision regarding Covid lockdowns. Jacobson would work equally well with regard to vaccines.

• MVW says:

Prognostications will fly with abandon on her future rulings. Maybe we should have selected the Associate Justice from the posters here. Winning lottery numbers will be also given out freely (they fall between 0 and 100).

As for me, I will wait for her rulings to know what they will be. Further, I trust Trump in his selection. First impressions are that Amy is a person of great character, including honesty, judgement, sense of proportion, and sense of humanity.

That she clerked under Scalia and he was her mentor, I have no trepidation.

Congratulations to America and Americans.

The Senate should put its foot down on the politics of abject criminal mistreatment found in the Kavanaugh confirmation by the criminal political party, the DNC.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I wholeheartedly agree. I had a gut feeling on her to begin with. Then seeing who supported her vocally (Harvard law professor Feldman, former Obama officials, the Rinos) and the promise to move swiftly as with Wray I knew my instinct was right. Her husband’s ties to the Chamber of Commerce and therefore CFR are problematic. Then when I saw her stance in masks, quarantines and vaccines I am now deeply, deeply concerned.

Let’s pray she doesn’t vote against Trump when the election goes to SCOTUS.

The poor people who think this is 4D chess to explode trafficking via Haiti are in for a rude awakening.

4. SanJac says:

Let’s hope a surprise is in store for us other then what’s been reported.

5. Thank goodness POTUS is going with ACB and not Lakao. Lakao is a blank slate, like Souter, and has only 11 opinions on non constitutional issues showing no judicial philosophy. She needs to ripen in the Fed Court system and possibly replace the Wide Latina down the line.

6. SayItAintSoJoe says:

If not her, I think Allison Ead.

7. riverelf says:

The more, the merrier, when it comes to President Trump choosing SC justices. Audi nos, Domine Deus.

8. Mike in a Truck says:

Here that…hear it? The screaming from the left as they loose what’s left of thire little minds.The most beautiful sound outside a newborn baby. Sounds like…Victory!

9. Amy’s opinion re the Illinois lockdown was strictly tailored to the free exercise issue before her court. She did not uphold lockdowns, she addressed the limited issues presented by the litigants. Unfortunately the dummies who brought the case for the state GOP poorly drafted their cause of action. Amy acted properly as a non activist jurist.

10. jello333 says:

Gonna be… Nick Sandman! 😀

11. Magabear says:

Here’s some added intrigue….

12. goddessoftheclassroom says:

Does anyone else have CTH open in two separate tabs to listen to the announcement in one and to read the comments in the other? 🙂

13. All Too Much says:

The Democrat V.P. nominee’s committee hearing behavior will be delicious.
    Does she attack or not.
    Either way, she loses.

14. WeThePeople2016 says:

15. goddessoftheclassroom says:

The look on her husband’s face is beautiful.

16. booger71 says:

The Never Trumpers are going to try and use this to split the GOP with their lies. Don’t fall for it

17. CNN is even showing it!!

God bless PDJT!!!

18. sunnydaze says:

Shoot. Looks like it IS Barrett. I kinda wanted Lagoa.

Oh well, win some, lose some.

19. Pew-Anon says:

Lindsey Graham is responsible for this.

• Pew-Anon says:

I’m convinced Miss Lindsey told PT that this is the only appointee that would make it out of his committee.

• Nope! President Trump told him to get off the S**t or end up in Federal F**k th*m up the a** with Bubba. He is dirty as sin (Lindsey). PDJT told him it would not be a country club prison either! Lindsey was both scared and excited – who knows.
        My money is on him ending up in prison where McCain should have been!

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, I also am not sure whether lindsey would view that particular threat as an incentive, or disincentive.

He might even be conflicted, and have to think about it for awhile,…..

NOT a good track record, for appointing “Conservative” Justices who have lived up to the term,…although most of the,disappointments were by GOPe, Rino Presidents, even Reagan got suckered, with Sandra Day.

Simply no way to know, like a box of chocolates, never know what your gonna git!

• lewfarge48 says:

All the more reason to skip the P O S committee and take it straight to a floor vote.
        all the committee hearings would do is give the commiecrats tv time to generate hate !

20. Magabear says:

My feelings right here.

21. sunnyflower5 says:

“Amy Coney is the best student I ever had.”
    High praise.

• fionnagh says:

My son and Barrett are close in age. My son, an attorney, was furious when in law school – Seattle University School of Law – he was taught that the Constitution is a “living” document and must change with the times, reflecting the needs of the times. We’ll find out Barrett’s true stance on this subject in the years to come.

• sunnyflower5 says:

I specifically remember being “taught” that in high school.
        Glad I felt different than what they “taught”.

• adam says:

The Constitution is “living” in the sense that it can and has been amended.

The problem are the people who think “living” means the interpretations change, which is largely nonsense and just a simplistic attempt to placate the useful idiots.

Besides, I think we have to accept that Seattle is a lost cause and, apparently, has been for some time.

22. Henru says:

John Roberts smiles down on the White House.

• Nepanyrush says:

Why? ACB criticized Roberts decision on the Affordable Care Act, claiming he didn’t follow the Constitution. i would think John Roberts would be upset.

23. Rhi316 says:

Dang, hope Barnes is wrong!

• Mike in a Truck says:

I really didnt care who PDJT selected for SCOTUS.I trust in his judgement. Besides,as we have seen in the past theres no guarantee how a Justice will rule on a particular case one way or the other. We just have thire past history to go on. It’s the Presidents decision and no one else has a say.Its not a committee decision. Now you squishes in the Seanate bypass hearings and debates and VOTE her in this week! Good night Ruthie wherever you are.

24. RedDawn says:

Let’s hope ACB has the spine to deal with the weeks, and then hopefully, years ahead.

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

26. iRocket says:

A Haitian will emerge from the shadows to claim Amy Coney Barrett’s children are her stolen progeny. Democrats are debating whether they can pull it off.

27. CNN_sucks says:

Hopefully, it is not another dissapointment. There is no more true conservatives on the gene pool.

28. TwoLaine says:

Laura Ingraham is in the audience.

29. Niagara Frontier says:

Isn’t it amazing that so many pundits know precisely how Judge Barrett will rule on lockdowns before the lawyers even plead the particulars of a case? I find that discouraging on such a glorious day as this.

• WRB says:

I find that discouraging

I am suspicious that that is the point. People have known for four years who was on the list, and now Shazam! someone on that list is a mistake.

30. sunnydaze says:

Can you imagine going to the White House to watch your mom be nominated to the SC?!!!

I sure can’t!!

God Bless those kids!

31. bertdilbert says:

Who will be more popular, AOC or ACB?

32. WeThePeople2016 says:

33. sunnyflower5 says:

34. Walt says:

Let’s see,

Roberts
    Gorsuch
    Kavenaugh
    Barrett

oh.

I suppose after she’s sworn in they’ll all link arms, kneel down and hum “We Shall Overcome”.
    Just to “prove” they’re not racist, ya know.

35. bulwarker says:

I keep reading praise about how impartial she is, but is it too much to ask for a highly partisan conservative? Obama “installed” two Leftist, yet we have to put forward neutral, unbiased types.

• Zachary Navarre says:

The constitution isn’t partisan.
      The SCs sole purpose is to apply the constitution to legal disputes.
      Partisanship should have no place on the court.

Usually the “well they did it first” mentality is far more destructive than productive.

• bulwarker says:

lol, you keep clinging to that Constitution while the Left legislates from the bench. Tell me, what was Constitutional about John Roberts upholding Obamacare or legalizing gay marriage? You believe in an America as it should be, I see America for what it currently is, and what it will take to fend off the Left.

• WRB says:

So you want someone to “make it up?” With that approach, we do not have laws, we have rulers, and adopting that strategy is exactly how Republics collapse.

• samuelculperjr says:

Bulwarker I couldn’t agree with you more about having “highly partisan conservative” Supreme Justices! How in the world does anyone think that after the pendulum has swung way over to the Left, that by aiming for the middle is going to correct the swing?

Obviously people who think that way have absolutely no real world experience. As an example; in dealing with bent steel, simply pulling it into the position that it is supposed to be in never will fix the issue.

I took an over-the-road truck to a frame shop one time because one of the frame rails was bent in the middle towards the center of the tractor. The frame shop owner explained to me that after removing skirting, fuel tank, and such, they would anchor the tractor’s main structure to their frame system. Then they would attach anchors to the bent portion of my frame rail and pull it outwards beyond the point where it should be. Then they would measure just how close to true and correct it then was. If need be they would repeat the process with either more pressure or less pressure depending on how much they still needed to bend it in order to get it back to true and correct.

When I was a young man (I’m now about 5 years past my expiration date & he was old & feeble) an old man was telling me that one of the things that he did when he was younger was to straighten wind-bent flag poles. He said that he would attach a steel cable to the top of the flag pole and anchor the cable in the opposite direction of the bend. Then with a ‘come-along’ he would start winching the flag pole, what most observers thought was way too far, to a point where his experience had taught him would be just about right. Then, with all the ‘expert observers’ screaming that he had ruined the flag pole by bending it too far the wrong direction, he would start carefully and slowly backing off the ‘come-along’ and notice that not only did he not bend it too far the wrong direction, but in fact he needed to pull it 2 or 3 more times. As he got older, he could normally bend the flag pole just once in order for it to be straight again.

Like I tell my grandsons; “Keep in mind that by this time in my life the statute of limitations of any incident that might possibly be declared illegal has long since expired. Also, almost all participants involved have either died or are so old that they no longer remember the incident so I’m free to tell these stories my way.”

The thing is, I think that Bulwarker is right. This crap of us ‘Constitutional Conservatives’ hoping that somehow we’ll get lucky and get a Supreme Court Justice who is impartial hasn’t worked worth a spotted turd.

I too see America for what it currently is! I too believe that it will take something more to fend off the Left than somehow miraculously getting an impartial Supreme Court Justice. I too wonder why ‘Constitutional Conservatives’ have never ever gotten a ‘right leaning’ Supreme Court Justice.

Maybe the steel of America needs to be bent way too far to the Right just to get it to come back to True and Correct Center.

• Zachary Navarre says:

How do I think that?
            Because as long as each side is pushing so aggressively, the pendulum will never spend much time in the middle (where it belongs).

• ltravisjr says:

We don’t need that. The modern left, and it’s current brand of feminism especially, believes that true justice can only be evidenced by equal results or outcomes rather than equal opportunity (they feel people who choose something like motherhood have been victims of innate societal and cultural oppression and so exercising their equal opportunity to choose their outcome is a sham). This view is at odds with our Constitution as written because it is structured on the premise of equal opportunity for all. Therefore, an originalitist like Barrett or Scalia are already mortal threats to the left, not by partisanship but by simply upholding the Constitution’s original intent.

• cjzak says:

That is not what the SC should be made of. What Obama did we all know and nobody liked.

I hope the SC is as neutral to anything policy related as can be. Rule on the letter of the law, not partisan politics, follow the Constitution. If we get a true court now, that’s exactly what will happen and we I’m thinking we might not like every decision.

36. jus wundrin says:

Expect a fined tooth comb – full body cavity search from the marxist dems and their ministry of propaganda. Not to mention the slander and hate.

• sunnydaze says:

I’m just expecting an onslaught of Outright LIES and BS.

And I’m sure I’m not alone in that, esp. after the Kavanaugh debacle.

37. Magabear says:

As someone said on another blog, I’m going to do what I can to get PDJT re-elected, the House back into GOP hands, keep the Senate and win state House and Senate races. But on this pick, I learned my lesson in 2012 with the Romney campaign.

I’ll be in the last row of the 3rd deck watching the proceedings during this nomination hearing.

• Nepanyrush says:

Well said. Many of us were fooled by Romney. And by Roberts, I might add. But she certainly said the right things and her public criticism of Roberts for his legislating on the Affordable Care Act, rather than following the Constitution, certainly bodes well.

38. Texsun says:

No Justice is going to be perfect and always rule as one would desire.

After hearing some of the negative comments about Judge Barrett, I was a little concerned. But after hearing the leftists go absolutely bonkers about her, I’m now comfortable she is the best possible choice.

When Bill Maher (on the communist HBO that I wouldn’t spend a dime on) said she was “F***ing Nuts”, I knew the President was over the target! MOAB!!!

39. WeThePeople2016 says:

40. sundance says:

41. joseywalesandtenbearsbarandgrill says:

Let the games begin

42. sundance says:

43. sundance says:

• Pew-Anon says:

“President Trump could not have made a better decision.”

Not quite, Mitch. YOU made the decision…you know, that whole ADVICE and consent thing. It is now rather obvious you made it clear to PT this was the only nominee that would get confirmed.

• Magabear says:

Hmmm, so now the Turtle can be trusted. 🤔

• Dutchman says:

Now THATS a reccomendation that gives me qualms,…almost as bad as one from Sissie Graham.

But, just MAYBE PDJT has leverage over those two clowns, to do his bidding, without backstabbing, on this nomination.

Cause I just don’t trust cocain mitch, or crooked Lindsey,….not ONE LITTLE BIT!

44. booger71 says:

Beautiful family.

45. Ackman419 says:

Winning!

46. WeThePeople2016 says:

47. rozelave says:

ACB replaces RBG

48. Follow The Money says:

Democrats had better tread lightly in Judge Barrett’s confirmation. American people are watching and giving her the Kavanaugh treatment will backfire on them.

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Actually I hope the D’s go full K, that might be the final straw for sane folks to realize they are nuts and they worship late term abortion.

• All Too Much says:

She’s a Hoosier.
        Tough people.
        She can handle the attacks, and every attack makes more Trump voters.
        The Democrat V.P. nominee will put the final nail in the coffin of hopes for the Harris-Biden administration.

• Gail says:

You REALLY would wish that on her? It was some of the foulest, vilest, evil treatment anyone could experience. Please think about it.

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

I want the current Democrat Party destroyed.

I believe Judge Barrett and family are tough enough to deal with the nonsense the D’s will bring.

She and her Husband both certainly saw what happened to Justice Kavanaugh and discussed these possibilities before accepting this nomination.

49. paper doll says:

How long will the red robed handmaid gals be employed at the Senate? ( and who pays them?) The Senate could vote next week to keep the circus to a minimum..

50. USA Citizen says:

Joe Biden’s advertisements on TV are FAKE NEWS, just like you hear from the Democrat reporters on MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, ETC. All they do is LIE and LIE. If this crooked Politician (Joe Biden) wins in November 3rd, everything he promised you, will never happen. That is the way Democrats get votes by lying continuously. Unfortunately people that only listen to FAKE NEWS never learn the truth about President Trump and all the great things he’s done for our country, and you the people. If the Democrat Socialist/Communist Party wins, everything Joe Biden promised you will be GONE!!! All the Democrats want is POWER, so they can stay in Power FOREVER!! This Election is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER!!! Either we will be a free country under President Trump, or a Socialist/Communist country under Joe Biden. Vote for President Donald J. Trump November 3, 2020 and keep our country free, safe and working.