Senator Grassley sends a letter (pdf here) thanking AG Bill Barr and DNI Richard Grenell for the declassified documents produced so far.  With the DOJ deciding to drop the Flynn prosecution Grassley notes there are three more buckets of classified documents he would like to see declassified and presented soon:

(1) The Flynn/Kislyak transcript. (2) The Susan Rice Memo to file. (3) The original and mysteriously missing Flynn 302 authored by FBI agent Joe Pientka. [Grassley Press]

Within the letter Senator Grassley notes he previously requested the release of these documents from former DAG Rod Rosenstein; who refused to submit them and made excuses to congressional oversight.

[Grassley Website Here]

With Ric Grenell in position, these types of letters are very likely to produce results.

Additionally, Senator Grassley appeared on Fox Business for an interview with Liz MacDonald.  Interestingly Ms. MacDonald went into a deep dive on the 2016 FISA Court ruling by Judge Rosemary Collyer today…. and, even more interestingly, MacDonald connected the FBI searches of the NSA database to the recent activities of the DNI.

Here she is interviewing Senator Grassley about his letter and other interesting developments… listen carefully at 02:20:

This entry was posted in AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, FBI, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

171 Responses to Senator Chuck Grassley Writes Letter To DOJ and DNI Requesting More Declassification…

1. Skidroe says:

Love the pic. Of the fox chasing and smelling the hound dog. Fitting!

2. alliwantissometruth says:

I’ll be 90 in about 30 years, but I already know what I want on my 90th birthday. All the documents declassified and the truth to finally come out

Nobody will care anymore but at least I’ll be happy

3. Shyster says:

Rut Roh, time to dump and file all the ballots that were harvested to flip the result. Yeah, that’s legal here in Kommiefornia.

4. PVCDroid says:

Dems better start backing up the truck with filled in ballots.

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Interestingly Ms. MacDonald went into a deep dive on the 2016 FISA Court ruling by Judge Rosemary Collyer today…. and, even more interestingly, MacDonald connected the FBI searches of the NSA database to the recent activities of the DNI.”

I saw that as it aired earlier today, watching with my 83 yr. old mother. It took a little while, but recent events have shown her that watching most MSM is a waste of time. The editing this past weekend of interviews was compelling.

BTW, before the 2016 election, the last time my mother voted was back in the 1970’s. I went with my father to vote in 1980, don’t remember if mom went on her own.

• bluenova1971 says:

1980…I was 27…the first time I ever voted.

Ronald Reagan inspired me to register and vote.

• delighteddeplorable says:

1953? A very good year. 😉

• WSB says:

I voted with an absentee ballot as I was traveling back to college. The most important vote of my life back then. Until I voted for Donald Trump.

• Snellvillebob says:

Ronald Reagan ran roughshod over all college students in the early 1970s and proved he not only disliked us but that he did not respect us. And I was at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo when he parked road graders blocking all 4 entrances to the campus. We never had a riot, never took over the administration building. The only protest I can remember is about 30 Iranians protesting the Shah of Iran.
        When I heard Reagan was running for president, I changed to a Republican just to vote for him in the primaries. I wanted to watch him prematurely to age and gray as Jimmy Carter had. That was my revenge.
        4 years later I voted for him again because he was doing a great job.
        After that, I voted against the candidate I feared the most until Donald Trump.

• jeffsn4 says:

To be fair most college students in the early 70’s were a bunch of Leftist pricks. There wasn’t much to respect.

• Snellvillebob says:

At UC Berkeley yes, At Cal Poly, SLO, no. We were mostly interested in studies and beer.
            There were two off campus draft marches of 100 and 12 persons respectively.

• daylight58 says:

Yay! A fellow Mustang!
          College of Engineering, Transportation Engineering program, Class of ’82 (the Cal Poly “15 Quarter” 4 year degree)

• Jan says:

Do u mind telling where I can find that article? I am a big fan of Heather MacDonald.
      Thanks, Jan

6. CarolynH says:

Have the ballot harvesting votes been counted yet.

• John says:

They still are working on it.

• Judith says:

I used to ponder why our country was so polarized, right down the middle, with races fairly even in many cases, and winners just squeaking through by a chad.

Why aren’t there 60 percent Demonrats vs 40 percent RepubliCONS, for example? Very often voting ratios are always right down to the wire.

What are the odds?

Then it dawned on me that, nomatter how disparate the starting point, cheating will carry the “underdog” only as far as it takes for the win.

Why cheat by 10-15 percent when <1-2 percent will suffice?

That may be the real reason for razor thin margins in many races.
        Nomatter how many registered voters there are, we’re always expected to believe that x amount stayed home. I call bs on that. Voting results are formulaic and contrived.

7. bluenova1971 says:

Off topic, but now that you’ve brought it gt it up, what election is this?

8. Jan says:

Although Gowdy to me, seems to likes to please both sides, he did just say on Fox yesterday, that the remaining classified portion of Rice’s email would be of great interest and contain valuable evidence. He has seen the redacted classified portion, which necessitates that others have as well, but all are sworn to silence because of the classification.
    I certainly hope knowing the details of the awful “crime of the century” will convince Barr to start being honest, open, and protective of no one.

9. T2020 says:

#3 would take a small miracle. But since nothing is ever really deleted, it may reappear.

10. Troublemaker10 says:

Ed Henry Reveals John Brennan’s Role in Unmasking Scandal

Starting around the 3:00 mark, Ed Henry reports that he us told Grenell has 4 or 5 other batches to declassify….and among them is evidence that Brennan buried Intel showing Putin wanted Hillary to win.

Ed Henry said Fred Fleitz reported this recently in an op-ed, but that he, himself, now has an Intel source verifying that to him also.

• steph_gray says:

… among them is evidence that Brennan buried Intel showing Putin wanted Hillary to win.

Wasn’t there some recently redacted footnote found somewhere already saying this?

• DoggyDaddy says:

I have friends in Bratsk, Russia (middle of Siberia) who sent me a 2016 t-shirt with “Make America Great Again” in Russian (it was a big seller in Russia at the time leading up to the election). They told me the Russian people were all for Trump, but the Russian government was for Hillary; she was already bought and paid for by Putin through the Clinton Foundation — corruption knows corruption. Any rookie reporter on the ground in Russia could have easily gotten the “ground truth” by talking with Russians from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok — it was no secret who supported whom.

11. hokkoda says:

Wow, that’s a blowout if it holds. GOP seems to be doing well in special elections. Dems in the Prog Blogs keep screaming that Nov. is in the bag. If Garcia wins, it’ll be the first time the GOP has flipped a CA district from D to R since 1998. (Just read that on another site.)

I think in all this chaos it’s important to stay confident that we can deliver a kill shot to Democrats in November. House, Senate, POTUS. Dems are betting the farm on impeachment 3.0 and being able to extend the CV19 shutdowns into 2021.

Trump is well positioned. A Garcia win will help GOP fundraising, motivate GOP voters, etc. Trump can and must tell Democrats their $3T bill is DOA, and Blue States are on their own once the current funds are depleted in June.

Time to crush the a Democrats. They have gone insane, and the only way to save our country is to deliver a defeat so devastating that we will have the votes and the raw power to root out and destroy corrupt Democrats wherever we find them.

• bertdilbert says:

They are blaming older white people claiming low turnout. But it is mostly mail in ballots. Maybe this will wake Newsome?

• hokkoda says:

Overconfidence killed them in 2016 too. You can already hear it in their voices and in their posts: the idea that anybody disagrees with them is alien. To the extent anybody does, it’s just a small group of loud Trump supporters. They really do think they’re the majority of opinion in this country.

I like our chances, particularly if the GOP holds firm and forces Blue states to open up by denying them any new money.

• bertdilbert says:

Democrats want to spend another 3 trillion so it should not be hard to buy a few senators with that kind of money. Trillions are at stake….

• convert says:

They think that because they absolutely make sure that they live in a complete bubble. I am very much a part of their world and they brag openly actively all the time about cutting family members out of their lives if they don’t believe and say all the right things. they will not be friends with anyone on Facebook or Twitter or anywhere like that who does not spout all the same propaganda. And they would never in a million years watch Fox news or Fox business or read a conservative newspaper or magazine. In other words they are completely opposed to hearing anything other than an echo chamber. It is really quite amazing and frightening actually.

• guest4ever says:

hokkoda—-And corrupt Rinos as well. Any and ALL corruption must be rooted out. (I’m looking at you Judge Sullivan!)

• MelH says:

wordpress

12. cheering4america says:

Do we have a Pientka transcript from the congressional testimonies? Or are we assuming that he is the unnamed party?

• bluenova1971 says:

Did Pientka ever testify?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

I “think” that IG Horowitz might have interviewed him, but don’t take my word for it. I did not read his reports, just excerpts here. As well as sundance posts and treeper comments.

• nimrodman says:

Here’s the House web page where the transcripts are

I keyword-searched for pientka and didn’t get a hit

• wanthetruth says:

Remember when they”misspelled” Comey as Corney & a bunch more results showed up when searching under that misspelling? There was a similar “misspelling” of Pientka’s name I came across somewhere. I commented here sometime in the last month, I think. I can’t remember for sure exactly what it was, but it may have been Pienka?

I wonder if misspelled variations of Pientka’s name would bring up some results there. I’d look, but searching like that is not my forte.

• nimrodman says:

good point, truth

that list of Congressionial Russia Russia transcripts is alphabetical, so it’s easy to see Pientka wasn’t interviewsed

although Pientka could well have been interviewed in other settings, as some have alluded to. maybe there are transcripts available for those, unless all the settings were classified

13. Miguel Suradevi says:

My candidate here in California won on election night in 18 but two weeks later was the loser when the Communist found a few votes laying around, just enough to win.

14. John Schwarz says:

I just reread the scope of 2017 ICA which requested 2012 and 2008 interference evaluations which were not included in report. On 1/10/17 Comey stated successful attacks were made on INACTIVE RNC domains!!!! Does this mean the FBI has evidence the RUSSIANS INTEFERED by hacking the RNC in 2012??? Or 2008??? What were domains when are they opened and date they were obsolete.

15. Skippy says:

Wish to thank Senator Grassley for his persistent patriotism and hard work! Senator Grassley is an American senatorial hero for his detailed thinking and report during these past 3+ years, imho!

16. Kaco says:

Are we going to see a Republican Senator worth a darn this time?

Looks like the ongoing Durham case isn’t stopping Grassley like it’s somehow stopping Graham, or so he claims.

I hope Gen Flynn has protection. God bless him.

17. disgusted citizen says:

yessss…another letter! oh lindsey.. where are you?… chucky is taking up your letter writing limelight.. the pen truly is mightier than actual accountability and justice.. write some more

• thedoc00 says:

This is the reason Grassley was removed (replaced by Ms Lindsey) and Burr was kept in place by Shanghai Mitch. Chuck Grassley may be slow to start but he would have been having hearings. McConnell is just as responsible as Ms Lindsey and Burr for all their actions and inaction.

I have always suspected Justice Kavenaugh was not supposed to make it through the committee hearings and Grassley committed the sin of forcing the Turlte’s hand to approve the appointment. Not that I am a big Justice Kavenaugh fan but he is better than the democrat alternatives.

18. Galahad says:

Dig it up and drag it out. Truth and justice American style!

19. dallasdan says:

These letters are pure political theater.

Countless of them have been written over a lengthy period, largely supporting only the outrage, legitimate or faux, of the authors, with full knowledge that their howling has not, and will not, evoke action form the principal coup-related declassification authorities: the President, Barr, and now Grenell.

Is Grenell the long-awaited catalyst to enable large-scale and damning declassifications? Is Barr’s refusal to act the beginning of the end for him, perhaps by his, the Dems, and the DS’s design and desire to create a huge talking point for election purposes?

Many questions will be answered in a short time.

20. FrankieZee says:

The Republican won in Wisconsin tonight.

21. What’s the race for and where?

22. MelH says:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2071.htm This link hypothesizes the “Clinton Killing Team” killed Seth Rich. Interesting details here.

23. TwoLaine says:

Looks like Grassley has already taken over the reins from Do Nothing Lindsey.

• thedoc00 says:

He cannot convene a committee hearing, which would be a great place to air this stuff and watch ALL senators, from both parties, dance around the revelations. Would not even be kabuki because no Kabuki costumes or masks could hide the joy or consternation of the speakers.

24. jx says:

It’s impossible for the Pientka 302 to be “missing”. The FBI’s case management software, Sentinel, is a system of record. A data retention policy is specified for each category of record. All 302’s for a particular case are retained the same, not differently for each individual 302. Pientka’s hand written notes may have been scanned into Sentinel, that category of record has it’s own retention policy.

• Dar Adal says:

Yes, but to be retained it must first be entered into the system. Pientka’s likely was not.
      Nothing in; nothing out

• thedoc00 says:

Also, that is why the delete keys, commands and programs were created. Nothing an I/T administrator could not remove. Why is that people put so much blind faith in stuff that was supposed to recorded into data bases; classified, unclassified, NSA, et al??

The administrator needs is authorization and guiding hand to identify the stuff to be deleted.

• jx says:

It’s a system of record. Like a chain of custody, every action leaves an audit trail. The ability to create, read, update, and delete is controlled and the action is recorded.

• thedoc00 says:

Recordings can be erased with the touch of button or application of a bit of code. Have seen in done in many a secure system. All one needs is authorization, know-how and a target.

A title “system of record” does not protect a thing physically.

• goldvalkyrie says:

Audit logs which even “root” likely could not access for example. I don’t know this platform, but I would bet that a hierarchy of high-level people would have to sign off just to “touch” these system trails-logs. With experience related to security for UNIX, mainframe, and modern platform systems, I would have to agree with JX, it is unlikely for an IT system of this type of sophistication (assumption on my part) would not have such trails and logs, in multiple locations on the system, backed up numerous times.

25. Joemama says:

Grassley is a Honorable and good man. He is still fighting the good fight, I hope that he can keep fighting.

26. Tazok says:

Surprised that Sen. Grassley confused the (wrong) “Yates” email with the (actual) Rice email. I guess everyone’s getting old and his staff are driving his investigations.

27. Mike in a Truck says:

Another sternly worded letter from a Republican Squish.

28. Richie says:

Oh look, Its Grassley again. So nice of you to chime in. yawn

29. Jenevive says:

Well the Repubs got exposed for knowing about the Russia, Russia, Russia
    hoax and do nothing to stop it.. Tucker even named names.. so now they will
    put on a show of being concerned and doing something.. Writing a strongly worded
    letter counts as something..

• Patriot1783 says:

Grassley has been waiting over 3 years for some items of previous requests. Think I would have put those dates in bold block letters along with Rosenstein’s name.

30. Trog Luddite says:

Sorry if this has been said (have to go to work), but it occurred to me that the Grennell unmasking fits nicely with the Judge Colyer footnote describing that “the unauthorized access appears to be part of deliberate planning and an agreement … of course such an agreement could not overrule statutory requirements.

If I as a prosecutor want to charge government official A with allowing unauthorized access to a classified database, I have to know two things – was an authorized person granted access and who authorized it. The list provided by Grennell answers the first answer and provides either lots of separate criminal counts or lots of separate overt acts in a conspiracy charge

31. Paul Katz says:

I have always been curious what motivated John Roberts to contort himself you rewrite the Affordable Care Law to make it Constitutional?

I hope a Senator requests DNI Grenell to look back to the 2011-2012 time period to investigate whether there were unwarranted intercepts of many but mostly John Roberts.

After all a criminal behavior does not just present itself spontaneously , it is discovered And very high probability exists the same behaviors were ongoing, just not discovered.

We just may find Obama used the NSA as he used the IRS, DOJ, FBI, and DHS.

32. Doug Amos says:

Ric Grenell routinely asks for a written submission; somebody was paying attention and letter writing is what Grasssley likes to do; good on him; government, post Benedict Obama, we pray.

33. TradeBait says:

Liz always has always been a skeptic of the globalist shill throughout the years as she worked her way up to hosting her own show. It has taken her awhile to fine tune her delivery, but there is no mistaking the MAGA lean.

We are underway with the greatest expose of political, media and business criminality in the history of mankind. The Roman Empire was child’s play compared to this. What a time to be alive.

• thedoc00 says:

To give some credit, She cut her teeth at the elbow of Stewart Varney, as his side kick for a few years. She was a great foil to the more unsavory guests that were foisted on Varney before she left to do her own show. I suspected the FBN producers of Varney’s show were not always pleased to have their pet progressives kicked around by her when she was on with Stewart or sitting in for him.

Notice, Fox News does not always like to use her nor Charles Payne very much unless they need a heavy duty “believable dose of yang” to the progressive “yin” being spouted.

But they will use the other token ditzes from FBN to be on the Fox News panel shows.

34. Sunshine says:

A transcript is NOT enough. They can be altered, as we saw with the Ukraine transcripts. We need the actual recording.

35. islandpalmtrees says:

It seems to me that Judge Emmet Sullivan has not done is job . He failed to do his job by not ordering and enforcing the release of documents referenced by Senator Grassley’s letter. By not preforming his job adequately he has forced others to step in, an assume his responsibilities in part.

I call on the Chief Justice to take corrective action without further delay.

36. Rick says:

Love the photo of the fox behind the hunting dog.

37. islandpalmtrees says:

I call on Senator Grassley to express his displeasure in an open letter to the Chief Justice.regarding the performance and general behavior of Judge Emmet Sullivan?

38. Bruce_Dern's_Finger says:

What’s up with US Senator Chuck Grassley? He got what he deserved, along with the full 110th Congress US Senate.

US Senator Chuck Grassley was part and parcel of the deceptive 110th Congress gaggle of the 99 US Senators (US senator McCain recused and did not vote to make it look legitimate.) that voted in favor of Senate Resolution (SR) 511 that falsely declared that US Senator John S. McCain was a natural born Citizen, based-upon the textual phrase “natural born Citizen” found in the first Naturalization Act (1790); but, this Naturalization Act (1790) was fully repealed by the Naturalization Act (1795) that changed (nullified) the phrase from “natural born Citizen” to “citizen”. Yeah, SR 511 did not mention that detail.

This SR 511 was a ruse to deflect aka obama’s own non-natural born citizenship.

SR 511 – “The US Senate Fix”.

• Jimmy Jack says:

It seems to me the only legal question as to Obama’a birth is the age of his mother at the time of his birth would have excluded him from running for POTUS IIRC. I doubt he was born in Kenya but do believe it’s possible he was listed as a foreign student to gain admission preferences and finding sources for college. That seems like the most likely scenario to me.

39. trapper says:

Oh for crying out loud, Sundance. Doesn’t she read this site? Back in May 2019 you put up the order that initiated the political spying in 2012. That’s 2012, not 2015. Why does it take these people so long to get there?

40. jeffsn4 says:

Supposedly LA county is holding back votes until Friday. That county is VERY blue and VERY shady. I would not be celebrating quite yet.

41. avocadodipp says:

Wow! That is really going to scare the Deep State, Senator! When is he going to realize writing letters just doesn’t work? No one cares. No accountability, whatsoever. I figured this out when I was sending pink slips begging the government not to pass Obamacare – see how that worked!?!!?

Grassley must use a form letter for this stuff… insert name here… insert crime here…. I want transparency! Love & Kisses, Senator Grassley

42. robindranoth says:

Whole lotta scramblin goin on.

43. robindranoth says:

Whole lotta scramblin goin on.

44. Jimmy Jack says:

I used to enjoy watching Grennell on Red Eye and am so thankful to see him come through on the declassification front. I have to wonder what if any role his recent four with cancer had in emboldening him to move boldly forward on this. Maybe he was thinking about creating a lasting legacy when he was at a cancer low. I don’t know but he seems like a man on a mission.

At the same time I find it very odd that the Log Cabin Republicans are basking Joe Biden for president. It’s nice to see Grennell act on principle and eschew identity politics.