White House Coronavirus Task Force Briefing – 5:00pm ET Livestream…

Unfortunately, with President Trump effectively communicating the latest information on the federal efforts to mitigate COVID-19, more corporate U.S. resistance media have decided not to carry the live broadcasts from the White House task force briefings.

Today at 5:00pm ET the White House will hold a beating for the media and share the latest mitigation efforts against the coronavirus. [Livestream Links Below]

White House Livestream LinkFox News LivestreamCSPAN Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2020, Infectious Disease, Live Streaming, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

713 Responses to White House Coronavirus Task Force Briefing – 5:00pm ET Livestream…

1. Bogeyfree says:

We should demand to see a list of all 50 states and their financials as of 12/31/19

And highlight and point out those states who were clearly underwater financially well before CV showed up.

Americans should not provide one dime to bail out any of those dollars from a state that was upside down prior to CV.

2. Reserved55 says:

3. All Too Much says:

Who knew Global Warming would be good for us.

I stole that from Twitter.

4. Reserved55 says:

5. gabytango says:

My daughter in Atlanta is telling me there are new guidelines out today for any Salons, tattoo parlors, Barber Shops opening on Friday, will be required to provide PPE to the customers – face masks, gloves, sanitizers and they must take temperatures. So a salon owner got on the news to say they cannot afford (or even find) the PPE, so they will not open.

• how can you wear a face mask and get a hair cut? The band around your head would be in the way. Where are all of these politicians and media getting haircuts?

• Magabear says:

You’ve been very diligent in telling us of how scared people are in Georgia. Concern noted.

• MitchRyderDetroitWheels says:

You can’t buy sanitizer nor mask at any stores.

• gabytango says:

Exactly, Mitch, And if you’re even able to find any, the cost is high.

• GB Bari says:

I bought some hand sanitizer (80% ethyl alcohol) from Old Glory Distilling co. It is a liquid, not a gel and intended to use with small spray bottles. I have some 2 oz. and 3 oz. plastic spray bottles that I use. It works just fine.
        Those little personal spray bottles can be bought from Amazon or other sources.

• osugagal says:

Here are the guidelines from the cosmetology board. Mask only mandated for the employees. For customers: may want to consider taking temperature, may want to consider providing masks to extent possible..

Use of personal protective equipment and best practices: Salon/shop employees will be required to wear masks at all times. Salons may want to consider providing masks to clients. Clients should wear face masks to the extent possible while receiving services. Salons/shops should also make use of face shields, gloves, disposable or re-washable capes, smocks, neck strips, etc. These items should be disinfected or disposed of between each client. Employees should arrive at the salon/shop showered and wearing clean clothing and change clothes before leaving the salon/shop each day. Handwashing with soap and warm water, for a minimum of 20 seconds will be required by employees between every client service.

I plan to try to get my hair done next week. I will book first in the morning appointment, take my own PPE, wear mask when possible, give a clean mask and gloves to my stylist, and sanitize everything as soon as I get in the car.

• osugagal says:

The actual guidance from the board that regulates salons mandates masks only for employees. It says you may want to consider checking temps, providing PPE, asking questions, etc. Below is a copy of some of the guidance.

Use of personal protective equipment and best practices: Salon/shop employees will be required to wear masks at all times. Salons may want to consider providing masks to clients. Clients should wear face masks to the extent possible while receiving services. Salons/shops should also make use of face shields, gloves, disposable or re-washable capes, smocks, neck strips, etc. These items should be disinfected or disposed of between each client. … Handwashing with soap and warm water, for a minimum of 20 seconds will be required by employees between every client service.

I will probably try for a hair appointment next week. Will ask for first of the day appointment, will bring a clean mask for the stylist (who is solo practice), will wear gloves, will bring a mask to hold over my face during hair washing and coloring. Will sanitize as soon as I walk out.

• joshashland says:

putting nail polish on gloves…….

6. alliwantissometruth says:

Dear Mr. President…

As a staunch supporter of your policies and leadership style, I’d like to thank you for all you’ve done for America and her people. The pressure on you at this time must be immense, but you stand tall each day and deal with the shitstorm. Again, thank you

There are a few issues though that are troubling me regarding the handling of the country during this time

In the last month or so we’ve gotten data from numerous sources regarding the virus’s impact on people and certain drugs used to alleviate the virus’s symptoms

The data suggests the virus is no more dangerous than the common flu, only having a deadly impact on mostly elderly people with preconditions. We also now know the number of deaths has been highly exaggerated with the medical community listing deaths by other causes as death by the virus

We now know that millions of people have had the virus without even knowing it, and have recovered, just like the normal flu every year. Also the vast majority who’ve felt symptoms and took the Chloroquine cocktail have recovered quickly, yet this remedy has been basically removed from the subject

We also now know that the two main leads on your task force, Fauci and Brix, have grossly miscalculated the numbers and have given horrible advise on how to proceed. Not too mention they’re both partisan hacks with allegiance to the democrat party and worldwide leftist organizations which are all working overtime to remove you from office

Something stinks to high heaven on that podium stage

On top of all that, we have Governors and Mayors across the country issuing draconian lock down and control edicts which are un-Constitutional and they’re allowing their police forces to act like storm troopers, arresting people for things like walking alone on a beach

And the worst, our juggernaut of an economy, with jobs to spare for everyone, is crumbling into dust before our eyes. The destruction of our economy, jobs and way of life could very easily be the end of America

The devastation to we the people will be severe. Hopelessness will rule the day as our health deteriorates, suicides and deaths skyrocket and our children are left with nothing

So I have a few questions for you Mr. President…

#1: With the hundreds of world renowned and highly respected doctors and other medical professionals telling us the numbers and our approach to the virus, like locking us down and shutting down the economy, are totally wrong, why haven’t you assembled a large task force which includes these professionals and have them guide you and speak to the American people?

Why do you continue to disregard them while you allow two incompetent partisan hacks, who despise you, control the narrative and the country / people as well?

This is not like you. Something seems terribly wrong

#2: In regard to shutting down the country and the tyrannical un-Constitutional edicts which abound, why hasn’t your Administration taken action?

It would seem to me that a time like this is tailor made for the Supreme Court. Not the lower courts, as we have no times for partisan political games from Obama boot lickers in robes

No, we need some guidance and authority.to step in and hopefully get some consistent structure going and reopen the country. We must stop these power hungry little men and women from overstepping their bounds

This is urgent Mr. President. Our country and our very lives hang in the balance

I urge you to take command, use your natural style to push back on those trying to destroy you and America. Our destruction continues each and every day at full speed

Stop the madness

• petszmom says:

Have you directed your letter to Trump directly? I dont believe he is reading this comment section. I go directly to whitehouse.gov.

• Mars says:

I like this a million times. Hope you send it. Best wishes.

• Deplorably Bonnie Blue says:

This is EXACTLY right. I have been thinking the same thing. And I’m losing my patience.

• Deplorably Bonnie Blue says:

Can we copy and paste your letter and send it?

• Gunner says:

Well said, and I echo another reply…send your response to the WH.

• GB Bari says:

IMHO you insult the President with the language in paragraph 6 and in your questions which, like the MSM style, are font-loaded with accusatory statements implying his incompetence or lack of action.

While this may relieve you of your frustrations, it is not a tactfully worded letter to send to anyone who you respect.

• alliwantissometruth says:

I don’t know GB

While I see your point and respect your opinion, I don’t think my verbiage was insulting or accusatory. I see it as hard questions on a vital subject, from one person to another who doesn’t fool around and is blunt when the need arises

I believe you know me to be an unflinching Trump supporter, and I’ll bet our President hears from millions of supporters like me who shower praise on him, with good reason, but this situation is becoming intolerable, and the very real destruction is something we may never recover from

So, while I inform him of my support, I feel he may need to hear from actual supporters who have real questions about his leadership on this one issue, and needs to hear from his supporters on how their lives are on a tightrope right now and are becoming more aware of the fraud that looks to have been perpetrated upon us

Our President isn’t afraid to be harsh when the need arises, and we supporters shouldn’t be afraid either

• romy911 says:

There’s nobody that wants to open the country and get this economy going more than President Trump.
          He knows all the frustrations and the pain Americans are feeling.

• Excellent comment alliwantissometruth.

I also would like to hear more about a breakout plan.

We would really like more consistent data on the medical information which is out there now.

As to our civil rights being trashed daily, as you say this is urgent business and we need a little help here.

• Right Mover says:

I don’t usually read lengthy posts, alliwantissometruth, but I read this one and it was worth it, every word.
      If I do nothing more but express my admiration for and agreement with these thoughts, hopefully Ad Rem will find it in his/her heart to free me from moderation.
      Thank you for this post.

• Grammy850 says:

This is a great letter and President Trump needs to see this,he needs to understand that his election was not about him personally but what He was promising for this wonderful and special country and our fellow patriots. This nation’s care has been neglected for so long and ,it reminds me of termites working on a historical home – once so beautiful and stately but over the years the neglect had taken a toll on her and the foundations were crumbling away , the pillars that once supported her frame leaning and falling under the weight of neglect and mistreatment ( demoncrats MSM and deep state) we begged and pleaded for restoration for repairs but the committees turned a deaf ear (congress and senate) we tried replacing the committee members but to no avail they soon became Like the previous ones and would not act they were too busy with new shiny projects to care about the enduring history and events that were so important to the people who wanted to save the grand old home but a new member was elected to the committee and lo and behold he listened
      We didn’t care who he was just that he listened and was going to restore this piece of history that meant so much to all of us and He did All was going well it was a beautiful thing the pillars were repaired the foundations were repoured and things were going well
      Then
      It started one night the storms came in wave after wave,the winds blew the rain poured
      The storm was so relentless that the house began to crumble
      all the repairs done and not finished were being severely damaged the foundations were giving away. would this be our last and only attempt to save her Our committee head said no we would come through this and survive to rebuild again but decisions were made we did not understand the yes we will became a maybe. Maybe When the time is right and well it might not be worth the effort
      He was listening too much to the other committee members they don’t love this home like we do can’t you see sir. Please listen to us if we don’t stop the rot and damage this house will be destroyed from within and will be mowed down to exist no more.
      Sorry for the silly story but I love this country and I’m so very afraid the clock is running out sooner than later. With prayers. Grammy

• walkalone63 says:

Bravo! Well said. And you’re 100% right!
      MAGA

• Eileen says:

Like.

• Kureelpa says:

I agree, something is wrong – I keep going back to whether he let Mike Pence have absolute control of this & he fell for Fauci & the Berk’s game & now the only way that they see out of this is to continue to the bitter end – no matter what. I just can’t fathom it.
      I find it odd that we aren’t hearing anything from the Trump Family at all too – those boys are usually heavily involved. Then Melania didn’t Social Distance, or wear a mask on Arbor Day & she made a point of telling us to wear one, before that.
      I’ve been donating $50 per month to President Trump for more than 2 years, but today I cancelled it, I’ll donate to some of the Conservative Veterans who are running for Congress, I’m sure that they can use it.
      Another thing- the Beat the Press is getting way old – POTUS should go back to ignoring the imbeciles – it makes not one bit of difference to what they write & it’s a waste of his energy & time, IMO.
      I find it a bit tragic that Conservatives are relegated to commenting on this waste of time actually, it is madness & I think that the only people who think this whole thing is okay – are the Dems & lefties.

• JonB3 says:

“Why do you [President Trump] … allow two incompetent partisan hacks, [Fauci/Brix], who despise you, [to] control the narrative and the country / people as well?” … “This is not like you. Something seems terribly wrong”

My daughter and I have a theory, and I say this with utmost respect for PT … Trump is an admitted “Germaphobe” … His Hack Experts tell him the sky is raining germs, and it triggers an uncontrollable emotion and reaction … He can’t think clearly or logically. It’s sort of like his Achilles Heal …

If true, prayer and healing may be the only way to overcome this.

• Kureelpa says:

My husband calls this “The Perfect Storm”, because President Trump is a Germaphobe, but in reality POTUS started out on the right track trying to keep people calm.

• jahealy says:

I used a similar term to Achilles heel tonite while discussing this mess with my husband. I told him it feels to as if this situation has revealed PDJT’s soft spot, and it’s being used against him. And I’m really disappointed in his response to Kemp in Georgia.

• JonB3 says:

I agree ~ PT tweets for governors to free their people, then he’s more negative with Gov Kemp than witch Whitmer in Michigan … I wrote the Whitehouse yesterday and told him he’s spreading confusion and frustration.

• warbucks57 says:

I think PT has a general mistrust of the vast majority of Washington types. I’m sure he has a network of medical experts that he converses with regularly. I’m equally confident that he has his own pipeline of experts on a host of issues. He has to be seen as playing the game the DC expects. That’s why Fauci and Birx had to be on the task force…they were the establishments leading “experts” and he would be roasted foe side stepping their inclusion. But when I saw weeks ago that he would push them to the mic when media pushed him on process questions, he made them own it. When Fauci went rogue in some of his interviews with revisionist history, my guess is PT had Peter Navarro remind him that the train was coming down the tracks. This is agony to see unfold, and people are hurting in the process, but I truly feel that the end result is going to be a masterpiece for the future of our country. This was their last gasp master plan….and an affront on humanity. I feel that this man has been chosen for this time, and he has our backs against unbelievable odds.

7. Henry says:

I actually view these daily briefings as mini-rallies.

• paulashley says:

They’re failing badly.

• WSB says:

You must be missing the question and answer period. It’s sport.

• jahealy says:

It feels like a terrible waste of time, as far as I’m concerned. Under normal circumstances, which these ain’t, it’s fine for PDJT to amuse himself playing whack-a-mole with the presstitutes. But right now? Enough. Way, way more than enough. He needs to explain why Fauci and Birx are still leading him around by nose vs. playing beat the press. Does he really think this is a productive use of his time with all of us sitting out here scared to death about our future and the future of the country?

• oldumb says:

It is good to watch him fight, but it also feels like a BIG waste of time on a NOTHINGBURGER. HE needs to stop and pay attention to the rest of his agenda. If he had talks about other subjects great! Covid, covid,covid – ENOUGH!

All I care about covid is that we are
          RULED BY FEAR.
          pffft

• WSB says:

Donald Trump has always understood the short attention span of people. And many will never step up as soldiers. So his understanding of timing is peculiar to many.

If you had ever watched The Apprentice, original version…Trump had snakes come back into teams to see if the team leaders could work with them. And succeed, in spite of the adversity within.

You see, President Trump wages war against his foes while working along side them. This is a unique evolution of Sun Tzu.

There will be hard times and good times dor PT’s soldiers and American people, but we need someone who can continue to outperform the enemy in order to slay it once and for all.

Life experience and ultimate strategy, IMHO…

• oldumb says:

This is Presidents Trump’s worst moment. Historical blunder, I am not sure how he will get out of this, He is currently throwing good money and time after bad. Investing into diminishing returns.

I am 100% MAGA, but this shutdown is in no way MAGA. I support POTUS in every other thing but I oppose him on this 100%

There is nothing to defend shutting down the country. Life is short and we are being robbed of it,

• lackawaxen123 says:

a well reasoned and articulate comment … Thanks … oh wait … no reasons just emotion … you must be a “progressive” …

8. sDee says:

My take on this briefing…

The perpetrators, Brix/Fauci had their their moment of fame. Now, on to the task of rebuilding from the havoc and devastation they and their masters wrought upon our great nation.

9. burnett044 says:

Sunshine ..fresh air and common sense….good for all sorts of things.

10. Mo says:

11. sDee says:

Payback time for Kemp. We had a one-term Republican governor like him in NC (McCrory). Of course we ended up with his Democrat twin (Cooper).

Sometimes you just have to rip off the bandage and expose the wound.

• sickconservative says:

Mayor Pat screwed up on some things but like him.

• McCrory was better than this dumbo dem we have now.

• PatriotKate says:

Now, I’m not offended because I agree with you. Gov. Roy is my double second cousin.:)
        (My grandmother and her sister married my grandfather and his brother. My mother was his mother’s double first cousin and the governor is from the other side). Yea, I know.

I actively campaigned against him and did not find out I was related to him until two years ago when I did my DAR paperwork. Which means the good Governor has Patriot blood and he’s betraying our ancestors.

I’m supporting the Republican Lt. Governor for Governor in November.

My mom always said we can choose our friends, but we can’t choose our relatives, so don’t hold it against me that we’re related.

• sDee says:

McCrory failed to defend our Constitutional Amendment on the sanctity of marriage. He caved to Charlotte’s “perverts in the bathroom law”.

Most significantly he stood against Donald Trump in 2016

12. QuiAudetVincit says:

Took us long enough to catch up to 1918, 102 years later

13. I just don’t understand what Trump is doing with this open America thing. On one hand he says the Governors are in charge, the next minute he’s burning Kemp and praising the lousy incompetent Dem Governors. Please, I’m begging you guys. Enlighten me. I don’t see the plan. I’m doing a new startup for June 1 in Florida and DeSantis gives me gotz . No PPP for me. Can’t meet with leads, still gotta pay my bills. WTF?

• Publius2016 says:

Kemp is getting it now…wait until he hits Maryland…Illinois…Virginia…

• kallibella says:

Governor of Illinois is making the shut down about preventing deaths. So, I guess until no one dies of chinise virus he won’t open economy in IL. But, wait! what about the usual violence and shootings in Chicago? Does he care about those people dying? Routinely?
        But he is angling for a federal bail out with the excuse of this bug.

• oldumb says:

We are locked down until May 30th at least. Facemask are mandatory. It is dystopian hell, ruled by fear. Don’t know anyone that will stand up with me. If all southern Illnois went back to work on Monday – in the old normal way – what COULD THEY DO? ‘

• kallibella says:

Agree. I hope Illinoisans raise up our voice and make it known we need to go back to work and that we will defend our Constitutional rights. I find it extremely unfair and unnecessary that the entire state has to be shut down. The cases are in the Chicagoland area. This is the area has has reported 92% of all the cases in the state, and similarly 92% of all the deaths in Illinois. I live in DuPage county and I find it terribly unfair to punish and treat all of Illinois the same as the Chicagoland area.
            But the governor said yesterday that he will proceed with the extended shut down and that no “political pressure” will make him change his mind. I think that he wants to make it known that Trump or any of the patriots in Illinois will not make him change his dictatorship overreach.
            I have been studying the stats in the state and basically we have reached a plateau. The numbers are showing we may soon be down in new cases. But he said that this was about saving lives. That’s the new narrative “to save lives” as opposed to the original narrative of flattening the curve.

• captain Nonno says:

Man, I hope so. Today he praised Wolf in PA. The man is as bad as DimWhitmer. Don’t get it. Creates concern among the masses.

• captain Nonno says:

Also, it seems he/they keep moving the goal posts. We shut everything down to give time to flatten the curve so hospitals weren’t overrun and treatments could be developed. Now his Medical Advisors think we need to be COVID free before we can be ‘normal’. BS! We have treatments available plus enormous testing ability. Open it all up damnit!

• lackawaxen123 says:

oh … you thought the liberals and the MSM wouldn’t move the goalposts ? Really ??? Really ???? you are kidding right ?

• ericsrightsock says:

Maybe the Don just wants out , asking for a friend ?

• lackawaxen123 says:

Jesus … where the hell have you been for the last 3 1/2 years … Trump never bashes someone he has to really work with … ever … he ALWAYS gushes over how great the other guy is … it has nothing to do with the real deal he is working … never has been before, isn’t now …
          He is the army we have and thus the army we must fight with … tighten up your chinstrap and worry about your own State and life in it …
          backseat driving is not working for anyone here … just alot of spleen-venting and negativity …

• Debra says:

There may be times when those who have been led, have to lead themselves . . .

14. MfM says:

People have been wondering about the age of people dying of the Wuhan Virus.

This is info from today in PA. If you scroll down to the very bottom they list those that have died that were in nursing or care facilities.

Well 849 out of the total of 1421 death in PA so 60%. That doesn’t include elderly that aren’t in those type of facilities (which maybe significant). This site does not give any Statewide breakdown of ages or other illnesses.

But it is amazing that Wolf continues the lockdown of the State when so many deaths are of the very elderly that aren’t going out anyway.

My continued feeling is we should spend all the $$$$$ that are being used to shut down the economy on protecting the elderly, especially those in homes.

15. Publius2016 says:

Heat and Sunlight???

45 is talking about the UV treatment that is already available…as a luxury hotel owner, 45 knows what kills and disinfects…all in due time!!!

Biggest reveal was 45 saying: “I listen to a lot of people…very smart intelligent people, ok…”

Educating the American People in little bites!

16. Bubby says:

FTA “President Donald Trump proposed unorthodox new treatments for the coronavirus at Thursday’s White House press briefing – including the use of ultraviolet rays and injections of cleaning agents into patients.”

Watch some idiot will inject themselves with bleach and die and the corrupt msm will of course blame President Trump. I didn’t hear that just another fake news story total misrepresentation of what he said. I was thinking something like running an infected patient’s blood through a machine and hit it with ultraviolet rays before putting back in. I’m so sick of this kind of bullshit reporting! Godspeed President Trump!

17. Don’t know what the hell happened to my post but it’s fn gone after signing in t9nthis albatross called WordPress. Somebody help. Don’t understand Trump. Governors are in charge but not Kemp, praises the most incompetent Dem Governors till my a$$ bleeds and is now talking about extending the stupid guidelines? I am teetering here. Got a new startup for June 1, can’t meet prospects. WTH? Somebody enlighten me, please! 5his May post twice BC WP sucks.

• lackawaxen123 says:

1) waiting for any President to tell you what to do … not a good idea
      2) its up to your Governor …
      3) if you are teetering … grab something, sit down, turn off the internet …

• oldumb says:

Are you heartless and snotty? HE has a lot invested and it is being screwed up. I am in the same boat, paying $1000 a month on a commercial building that I cannot remodel or operate out of. I don’t have much time. I am about to explode.

Anyway you don’t have to respond it such a callous way like your did. This is affecting people in many ways, not all the same.

18. Publius2016 says:

there is probably a district in Georgia that is pro quarantine and 45 wants to turn it RED IN 2020…

tattoo beauty parlor and spas may need to wait…but we’ll see if Gov. Kemp changes his mind…

• Roger Duroid says:

PDJT was very clear today that he was not happy with Kemp. BTW, isn’t kemp the AH who appointed the rino senator caught doing inside trades?

• Sun Yat Sen says:

Hedging the bet. If things go well in Georgia, Trump can take credit. If things go “not so well.” then Trump can say that he was correct on warning them against opening early. He has created a “heads I win, tails you lose” situation.

• Beau Geste says:

What kind of ‘politician’ would not appoint the wife of the head of the New Youk stock exchange to get some ‘access’ to money? (only an ‘honest’ non-politician)

• Free Speech says:

Georgia has had more unemployment claims than any other state so far during this crisis. That’s probably why Kemp is jumping the gun. I wasn’t happy with Loeffler and let the Gov office know about it, but Kemp’s doing the right thing.

• WSB says:

With protocols Kemp agreed to for salons and spas…but he may be playing with fire.

Don’t trust Kemp to throw him. This is why PT was very clear. Phase 1 comes before Phase 2. Always.

• lackawaxen123 says:

no he’s not … this thing is a nothingburger for the young and healthy … i.e. the workers

• WSB says:

There are a lot of elderly clients.

The President said today that on his call with the Governor, they agreed to protective gear and masks, and if problems started to get out of control, the Governor would shut this down.

DID YOU SEE THE PRESSER?

• oldumb says:

What makes that correct? If you are bought into this being the worst plague known to man, ok. But it isn’t. You are defending overkill that is destroying people. Overkill by edict – not law.

• Kureelpa says:

There are plenty of people working at checkouts, who have been going to work every day- as a matter of fact a lot of places are hiring & there are new people on the job.
            It is probably a nothingburger for a healthy 60 to 70 y/o too.

• oldumb says:

But the are fake phases. Just made up, not proven or agreed to. Edicts from on high. Open to the old normal. Let the scared stay home.

19. JMC says:

So the BPMSM (Big Pharma Main Stream Medical) meme remains: “HCQ + Zinc Is Not As Safe As Dying”

20. California Joe says:

President Trump had no problem publicly hitting Gov. Kemp but tip-toes with Gov. Newsom in California . By promising federal taxpayers are going to bailout revenue shortfalls for deliberately tardy states like California and allow tech companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft to continue importing Indian tech workers President Trump is giving away any LEVERAGE he has with Democrat governors who are deliberately trying to sabotage the economy and President Trump’s election chances. Pressure has to be applied to Newsom and the others or else they will drag out the hoax until November 3rd! The fastest way to kill Covid-19 is to elect Joe Biden. You won’t ever here about the virus again and that’s a fact!

21. realeyecandy1 says:

20 minutes of sunshine a day does a body good

22. Declan says:

Trump needs to stop suggesting treatments.. he’s not a doctor. It’s not a good look.

23. Jason Ross says:

Singapore has 12 confirmed virus deaths as of tonight. Brazil is the only equatorial or ‘summer’ nation with more than 750 deaths. There absolutely is some evidence to support the warm weather/sunlight theory.

POTUS has been saying this since February!!

24. Alex50 says:

Today’s press briefing spoke about the effect of temperature and especially UV light on the virus. Why in the world is this just coming out now? Mr. Bryan of the DHS was so excited to state that increasing UV light cuts the survival of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and said this was recently observed by scores of scientists working for him and his team. The effects and statistics regarding UV light on viruses were published long ago. These geniuses simply ignored the known data and went along with recommending draconian mitigation efforts instead. Now, it’s suddenly big news that UV kills the virus very quickly. Truthfully, it’s not breaking news. This blog wrote about UV light and COVID-19 exactly 9 days ago just using the available research from Columbia University and medical experts plus the latest stats on mortality rates. In fact, the headline of the article says it all: https://thepoliticsofduh.com/2020/04/15/the-uv-index-and-covid-19/

• Miguel Suradevi says:

The briefings are very depressing. Seems like a big mistake was made by Trump and he continures compounding the wrong policy.
      Caller on Rush today had a great question. He said what is the goal of this policiy? Is the policy to minimized the number of deaths or to prevent everybody from not getting sick? If it is the former you would isolate the vulnerable population like those in nursing homes and those with diabetes and obesity, etc and not do the lockdown. If the goal is to prevent anybody from getting sick then you would do what you are doing now and lock up everyone in their house. Rush was saying that Cuomo was saying if you get the illness it’s death but not true as 98% who get the illness recover. Sweden protected the elderly and those with preexisting conditions and left the country open. Michigan about the same size as Sweden in population, locked down and have twice the deaths as Sweden.

• nimrodman says:

The initial goal was to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed
        That didn’t happen

Even in NYC, excess capacity was brought in (Javits Center beds, the hospital ship) and went almost entirely unused

Goalposts have been moved several times since then

• Bubby says:

Nim but once it was determined the hospitals weren’t overwhelmed the Wuhan virus policy should have changed? But it appears to have remained the same which I think is a problem for a lot of people who need to get back to work. I’m retired and will self isolate until the HCQ and other clinical trials are finished or a vaccine is developed. Many families live paycheck to paycheck. When I first started working full time I to lived from paycheck to paycheck but I never had the economy turned completely off on me like it is now! There are millions without a paycheck waiting on unemployment or the Covid-19 stimulus check who have NO money for anything right now! That’s scary! The shutdown needs to end now! Tell the elderly and those with significant health issues to stay put and let everyone else go back to work!

• nimrodman says:

… but once it was determined the hospitals weren’t overwhelmed the Wuhan virus policy should have changed?”

Yes, of course
            But then they moved the goalposts

– we have to be on the down side of the curve
            – we have to have 14 days of declining cases, with no spikes or we start the count again
            – we have to remesdivir to be approved
            – we have to prevent everyone and anyone from getting sick
            – we have to stay shut down until there’s a vaccine (when? 2020? 2021? 2022?)

… yada yada yada

• peace says:

Miguel, I look forward each and every day to watch the briefings – they are upllifting and the complete opposite of depressing I suggest you go out and get some sunshine if they depress you.

• nimrodman says:

… spoke about the effect of temperature and especially UV light on the virus. Why in the world is this just coming out now?

My brother in the health profession was telling me that in February, it’s widely known for viruses and was in the health bulletins on coronavirus he was seeing as the story was initially breaking. It’s probably in CDC bulletins.

Known forever, as the tent pictures being posted show

• lolli says:

nimrodman,
        It did seem so odd, I have wondered if we already crossed into idiocracy.

Maybe PT wanted a “professional” to state the facts regarding UV /sunshine, giving him some public leverage to push for opening as the weather warms. PT loves visuals, helping people see themselves outside enjoying a summer day, without fear.

25. Lady in Red says:

How Daily Mail spun today’s presser:
    “Donald Trump suggests INJECTING people with ‘disinfectant’ and hitting ‘the body with light’ to cure coronavirus in bizarre outburst”

• nimrodman says:

Well, that’s not spun much
      He actually said those things

Let Trump be Trump, of course, but he’s doing himself no favors by not editing himself a bit more

He doesn’t need to re-explain what the health droids just said, he’d be better off letting them live or die by their own words when they’re later disproved, like the ever-diminishing “model” predictions

• randyinrocklin says:

The proper terminology is irradiating the room with ultraviolet light as seen on TV. Those are little robots in the hospital rooms that emits the UV to disinfect the whole room without scrubbing. But the enviro-wackos are soooo afraid of irradiation that they don’t want to use it on foods to prevent E-coli poisonings and deaths. They think its radiation, dumb sh*ts.

• Kureelpa says:

Who reads Daily Mail? It’s on about the same level as CNN.
      A bunch of lunatics on there commenting too.

• parleyvous says:

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b Trump was referring to this targeted uv approach. Later few minutes after relating to disinfectants he said he was referring to microinjections maybe as a similar approach.

26. Sharon says:

Jim Acosta is a lying sack of shit with a tiny dick.

27. otd says:

Good evening.

Just a thought. If our President really wanted to take a stand say in the broadcast Turn Off all TV network news shows they All don’t give a damn about human life! They are only interested in creating fear, panic and hysteria. You Know the folks sitting right here in front of me.

Now that would for sure bring on the demons but it would sure rally America to hear it said straight.

28. WeThePeople2016 says:

• MfM says:

And 60% of deaths in PA have been from nursing homes. Zero reason to shut down the whole State.

• Magabear says:

This is BS. Wolf has no authority to do any of this. A court injunction has to be issued to stop this lunatic. There will be no resturants, gyms or hair salons still in business by the time this nut gives the go ahead.

29. Sharon says:

Scientists don’t want the effects of this virus to be made known, as it will cause panic. But we may as face what we’ve learned:

t will attack testicles and cause infertility in millions. It will cause neurological problems in millions. It will shorten lifespans via kidney and liver issues by the millions.

Unnamed source at a lab university.
    Hey – my source is as good as MSM.

They are taking these steps because of this. The long term affects will be devastating.

30. SkyDi says:

Thanks to Sundance and all the wonderful posters here. Love this site!

There is some exciting news coming from Australia this morning via an ASX announcement:

83% SURVIVAL IN COVID-19 PATIENTS WITH MODERATE/SEVERE ACUTE RESPIRATORY
    DISTRESS SYNDROME TREATED IN NEW YORK WITH MESOBLAST’S CELL THERAPY
    REMESTEMCEL-L

Key points:
    • 83% survival in ventilator-dependent COVID-19 patients (10/12) with moderate/severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) treated with two infusions of Mesoblast’s allogeneic cell therapy remestemcel-L within the first five days under emergency compassionate use at New York City’s Mt Sinai hospital during the period March-April 2020
    • 75% (9/12) have successfully come off ventilator support within a median of 10 days
    • These results contrast with only 9% of ventilator-dependent COVID-19 patients being able to come off ventilators with standard of care treatment and only 12% survival in ventilator-dependent COVID-19 patients at two major referral hospital networks in New York during the same time period1,2
    • This compassionate use treatment experience has informed the design of the clinical protocol for the randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 2/3 trial of remestemcel-L in ventilator-dependent COVID-19 moderate/severe ARDS patients across North America

For full details see the latest news at https://www.mesoblast.com/

Thank you to President Trump for ensuring compassionate use and let’s hope this will be one of many successful treatments for the Wuhan virus.

31. Bigly says:

I live in Michigan.

This evening I had a rational discussion with my 20 something – I asked him how his friends are doing during all this.

He’s a conservative – his friends are all leftists.

He explained my thinking on the governor was flawed as what her intention was is too many people were gathering for paint and seeds so you have to order them online.

Then he has a friend from the UP which has 1 confirmed case and no hospitals, and his friend drove down to Detroit to hang with friends – is he going to drive back up to the UP? What if 7 or 70 or 700 people did that?

I explained to him the longer this goes on the more suicides, the more alcoholic rage domestics et al.

They don’t care – the fear of virus has them all under their beds.

I used to think the quarantine was good for 15 maybe 30 days but I’m not there any more. This is more dangerous than any virus.

All that said, trump has to go it slow. No way can he let it rip. All eyes on Kemp. If Georgia blows up we will all see – my bet is all will be fine, it’s warmer and people are aware.

But we have to trust trump – he opens early and outbreak happens it’s over, for all of us.

32. Aisheschayal says:

Can anyone explain why Michigan has such a high Covid case and death rate compared to other Midwest states?

• sDee says:

I do not know.

What I do know is that doctors are not required to perform and covid-specific testing before making a covid diagnosis (suspected). Nor are they required to do any covid-specific testing in order to claim covid as the cause of death (presumed).

Basically, all data is tainted, beyond credibility, and tallied to provide what ever answer the politicians want.

• California Joe says:

Detroit!

• Right Mover says:

Could part of it be Gretchen Whitmer’s earlier restrictions on hydroxychloroquine?

33. randyinrocklin says:

Today’s presser was quite short. Most of the original task force players are now gone, with exception of scarf lady. HHS Azar was first to disappear I think its been a week or so, (being a senior I think its been that long) and now the whistle blower news, and some of the admirals, then Fauci has been on less and less and now altogether gone with Renfield, the Surgeon General all of whom contradicted Trump at one time or another.

• Right Mover says:

Redfield was just there yesterday.
      So was Fauci, but Fauci’s only appeared at a couple of these in the last week.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

The President has explained more than once that not everyone on the task force are going to appear every day. It all depends on what the latest developments are.

34. Laurie Walker says:

I’m curious as to how many commenters actually listened to the president’s opening statement.

The steps being taken are by real experts trying to find real solutions to a world-wide pendemic … with a few real American stories thrown in.

From what I heard, he might be setting up a system to stop foreign pandemics in their tracks.

35. fangdog says:

Trump is presently praising Democrat governors which throws off the media as well as democrats in general. It is very effective as Trump educates the populace rather than the Media propagandizing the populace.. More people will be inclined to “listen” to what Trump says rather than just “hear” what Trump says.

More democrats are more apt to watch the pressers than watch a Trump rally. IMO, it is about positioning for a more favorable advantage at a later date. Trump is trying to make it less politically partisan and more about the American people regardless what you happen to be.

36. Jason Ross says:

CNN’s counter-programming tonight is nothing short of treason

37. parleyvous says:

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b article on what Trump was referring to with uv light inside. Btw what was the wording Trump used when he said he waa referring about microinjections? Few minutes after?

38. Bubby says:

FTA “CLAIM: President Donald Trump suggested injecting people with disinfectant to cure coronavirus….VERDICT: False. Trump was speaking generally about new information about sunlight, heat, and disinfectant killing the virus….President Trump is being quoted out of context — as usual — by left-wingers on social media who are accusing him of suggesting injecting people with disinfectant as a way of curing coronavirus infections…Trump used the word “inject,” but what he meant was using a process — which he left “medical doctors” to define — in which patients’ lungs might be cleared of the virus, given new knowledge about its response to light and other factors…At no time did Trump actually propose injecting patients with disinfectant; he deferred to “medical doctors” to figure out how to apply Dr. Bryant’s research…When ABC News’ Jonathan Karl asked Dr. Bryant about whether the president had proposed injecting a person with “bleach and isopropyl alcohol” later, Trump clarified that “It wouldn’t be through injection,” and that he was talking about “cleaning, sterilization of an area,” and about applying the disinfectant to “a stationary object.”