President Trump: “I want to give people hope”…

Yesterday during the white house briefing on the status of the coronavirus, CNN asked President Trump why he wasn’t being more dramatic and emphasizing the potential downsides to the COVID-19 impact on the nation.  President Trump responded:

[Hat Tip Carpe Donktum for the video recap]

One of the many things that makes President Trump valuable during this crisis is his non-political authenticity. We can see and feel President Trump’s desire to get through this challenge, hold our people together, and exit even stronger than before.

No decisions are easy and the pressure is enormous; yet inherently most Americans know what President Trump is trying to do is deliver the best possible outcome for our nation.

This entry was posted in Big Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump Transition, Economy, Heros, Infectious Disease, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

320 Responses to President Trump: “I want to give people hope”…

1. Martin says:

Best. President. Ever.

• Martin says:

No Greek columns
      No disarming affability
      No false hope

The substance is there, unrevealed, until it becomes essential.

• PInky1920 says:

A GIANT among classless, hateful midgets.

I utterly detest Accostum. He wouldn’t know authenticity if it came up and bit him on his little *ussy.

• Bill Durham says:

Fauci and birx predicted 200,000 deaths over the next 2 weeks with their “new model”. Okay. That’s about 15,000 per day. Then it was 100,000 on the low end. Okay that’s 7,000 per day. They stuck to those numbers. But they always get cheeky and start word parsing games about mitigation. They always cleverly thru Murphy under the bus. Using “his” model. So they have their own version of Neil Ferguson to take the blame. I think POTUS boxed them in. They gave a number, time frame, and a rational. In 2 weeks the results will be in.

• Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought those figures were for a longer period of time, and that the Mid-April date was when they expected the peak (highest) deaths per day. (peaking around 4500 that day)

• Ray Bergman says:

They said those deaths would happen within two weeks.

• Kristin DeBacco says:

In the next two weeks 100.000 to 200.000 people will die…. that’s what Fauci and Berx said. They “anticipate it but do not have to accept it”. Its a very weird way to say this….
              So now, we skeptics, are watching…..

• Dwayne Diesel says:

Isn’t it nice to be them? The Dr.s are so full of horse shit….

They just spout off BS numbers that are over the top and don’t align with what’s happening (in the U.S. or anywhere else). Why? Because they can without repercussion.

I’m sorry let’s get Germany’s key doctors opinion. They aren’t dying and they are not ruining their economy. It let’s talk to Japan’s. Same thing occurring in Japan- low deaths and not on lockdown.

Their doctors obviously gave sound advice. Birx and Fauci are playing politics.

• Dwayne Diesel says:

Isn’t it nice to be them? The Dr.s are so full of horse shit….

Their doctors obviously gave sound advice. Birx and Fauci are playing politics.

• Linda K. says:

Did I understand that without social distancing and staying home, we might have seen one or two million deaths? Somehow, we are doing pretty well here in my area of California.

• I’m encouraged by that CA report. I was under the impression that CA was in the same situation as NY, but just a couple of weeks behind them.

And, yes, they DID say that had no steps been taken, the US death toll was projected to be 1.7m to 2.2m

• pepeekeonet says:

Let’s not forget that on average almost 7500 people die in the US every day of the year of various causes. Look for anti-Trumpers to try to add some of these deaths to the Corona Virus death count when their numbers don’t start coming in as high as “expected”.

• I will be interested to see whether my rough estimation (as a physicist, but still an estimation, using early reported infection and death percentages alone) of 40 to 80 thousand total US covid19 deaths, proves true. When I made it, I fully expected the final number would be at or below the small end (maybe as small as 20,000), but with New York and California acting so badly I don’t know.

my comment on CTH March 17, showing my simple calculation

As I have said before, I consider all of the news coverage to be dishonest, because no one is showing a running comparison between this virus’s death count and that of a typical flu. That is ridiculous, especially on the part of Fauci and Brix, the President’s own “experts”. Their own graph shows New York (and one other state, I can’t remember which at the moment) is a wild outlier in the data; all the rest of the states show a very tame “outbreak”, and hence an unjustified “lockdown”.

• felipe says:

New Jersey was the other outlier in yesterday’s graphs.

• nimrodman says:

New Jersey (north, at least) is New York City’s bedroom community. People go to work on trains and ferries.

North Jersey IS New York, for practical purposes of discussion.

It’s not like folks “down the shore” in South Jersey are thronging together in Chinese New Year parades on advice of their local mayors.

And cases in S Jersey are minimal as a result.

Just sayin’

• Just Beachy says:

Or how about all the deaths we can avoid if we stay completely indoors for the rest of our lives? Just think of the lives that could be saved: No getting hit by a bus, no car accidents, no falling off a horse, unless the horse is in your house. Certainly no WORKPLACE Accidents.

• grlangworth says:

I agree. …and he just cain’t help it.

• dbobway says:

Mr. Acosta isn’t very smart,
        He acts like he does because he is following orders,
        And he fits into CNN’s paradigm, orange man bad.
        Yesterday it didn’t work, the game is over.
        On the day, the reality of this plague became all to real,
        the IG announced our FBI is surely compromised,
        and Obama compared this plague to global warming.
        The Grown up in the room, separated himself from petty pursuits,
        of people who seek power over human life.

• nimrodman says:

Trump Task Force Wasted Nearly 20 Mins of Briefing Answering Jim Acosta

• dbobway says:

Yea that was a set up nimrodman.
            Who ever saw that exchange in real time, will be hard for CNN to spin. The common sense ,our President was calmly, answering, all of Acosta’s questions, was brilliant.
            That is what great leaders do!

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Actually I wouldn’t say they wasted twenty minutes. I’d say they let jim acosta show America and the world EXACTLY who the left is. Took twenty minutes but it was not wasted.
            According to Parscale 84% of Americans in their poll say they watch all or part of the briefings. Letting Americans see the true face of the very fake news drive by media and the left – but I repeat myself – is a very good thing.

• dougofthenorth says:

Actually odumbo told the truth for once, the pandemic plague is like global warming. Both are constructs of the political left, both have a kernel of fact used to drive a leftist ideology, and both are overblown hype by the leftist media that seeks to never let a crisis go to waste.

• dbobway says:

To compare Global warming to people really dying, gives Global warming relevance, where there is none, doug.
            The Wuhan virus is a plague, and it is killing innocent human beings. Granted the timing of the virus lends, to what level an immoral ideology would do for power? It wouldn’t be the first time.
            Global warming is a flat out lie. but right now it’s killing birds and ruining landscapes.
            President Obama’s statement yesterday was the ravings of a cult leader, while Americans are dying needlessly.
            This isn’t apples and oranges,
            It is Black and white.
            We’re just getting started on a scary path,
            Seeing dead body counts on the news everyday, weighs on people, remember Vietnam?
            Unlike 2008 when 30 million Americans went home because of Wallstreet and a Democrat Congress cheated the numbers for ‘easy money’ we have an economy and a leader to come back to when this over.
            One thing the government has learned, if they scare they the hell of enough people, the body count goes down when a storm is coming.
            It’s not perfect, but, at least, we don’t have tanks in our neighborhood.
            Something is going to give, at the end of this storm.
            Gov. Raimondo of Rhode Island who supports open borders and sanctuary cities,
            Sent law enforcement to go door to door looking for New Yorkers running from the virus. She closed her boarders, with check points.
            Nancy Pelosi went to China town and proclaimed it safe to party, when China’s lies about the start of the virus were sending infected people all over the world.
            Things are about to change!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“It’s not perfect, but, at least, we don’t have tanks in our neighborhood.”

AMEN to that!

1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV
              In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

To those that complain about the noise from the now rare occasions of low flying military aircraft…

You should be glad those planes are OURS!

• dbobway says:

That is funny you Infidel.
                I’m an Air Force Brat.
                My first memory of the world on alert, was the Cuban missile crisis. Dad was a B-52 engine mechanic station at Davis-Monthan, then a sac base in Tuscon.
                The Bombers were taking off and landing 24 hours a day. We had to put anything breakable on the floor of the house.
                Everytime the bombers punched it to go airborne the house shook like an earthquake. 3/4’s of my neighborhood moved away figuring we had a target on us. The 5 kids left in my 2nd grade class practiced the infamous, radiation fallout, by getting under our desks.
                It was the first time I got this uncomfortable feeling, I have right now.

• Bob Parker says:

Amen Martin!

Very simply put, our beloved President Trump is without question the right person to lead us at this time!

My only wish is that he would cull out of his teams those Clinton/O’Bama crotch lickers that try to undermine him/spread fake news whenever they can.

They are like cockroaches, they’re everywhere & they ain’t helping the cause!!

• fatherof3genxers says:

I think Democrats who are more middle of the road or intelligent enough to look past the ration of BS they have been fed by the corrupt elite politicians and media are moving to support him. They recognize his authenticity and caring. May of us doubted him but did not doubt his heart. President Trump won me over in the primary and the more I learned the stronger my support. His popularity is rising in the time of crisis because more and more people see it. The veil has been pulled away from the press as they continue their transparent hate. The elite politicians are equally transparent in their motives to ovenerthrow him. President Trump will see the country through this time. We will have new infrastructure, new supply chain, vertical integration in this country, new private medical supply chain, new processes and procedures that are business efficient vs bureaucracy inefficient. This will be the golden age. It is the Fourth Turning, the war is against the elites, the battles are on the internet and across the world in business, and the people will bring us through the winter to a new golden age.

• FH says:

You may have doubted him, but please don’t speak for these people to whom you refer as “many of us”.

Many of US never doubted him.

• Remington says:

Actually there is a web site here locally in the Phoenix area where the debate on the situation goes on hot and heavy every day. I’m SHOCKED by the number of who trash PDJT. It’s downright nasty. He’s not sincere, he’s just a showman, and he’s lying. When asked for an example of a lie, they never respond. Every day…….The level of stupidity in our Country is astounding.

Anguish….

• Kristin DeBacco says:

FH ….and still do not doubt him. We are finding comfort in his handling. The man is not buckling, he is looking great. He was born for a situation like this.
            Let’s pray for him that he can bring this country together in this situation. This is the moment to bring a lot of opponents to our table nd make them see who we voted for and wht for.
            Bless our President and this country

• fatherof3genxers says:

FH – “Many of US never doubted him.” Glad to hear the support. He was not my first choice. I was unaware of his preparation for years to position himself. But after that first debate I was all in. He was the only choice to make a difference. He has not disappointed. Now I cannot get enough of the books, press conferences, tweets and communication to the public. Truly as Martin says “Best. President. Ever.”

• glen1946 says:

I wish the same thing, but the President is remarkably non-partisan. Perhaps its a case of keep your enemies closer.

• J Gottfred says:

Martin, I could not agree more!

I responded to Melania’s statement on the coronavirus that is pinned to her twitter account with “Best First Lady ever!” not knowing my tweet’s timing would make it the very first response when her post is clicked. The damn post took off with over 87,000 impressions and a ton of positive responses to me. Sadly, I also got lambasted with many very sick responses that reveal just how depraved the left is.

Martin, I still do not understand why our president and FLOTUS is so hated by the left when he loves our country and is saving their bacon.

• I see this as a battle between God and Satan. Very easy to view the world when you see it as a battle between these two. It doesn’t matter what POTUS or FLOTUS do. They are on the side of God. Those who hate God will hate anyone who loves God.

2. TwoLaine says:

He stands above all others.

3. TwoLaine says:

I see three crosses behind them in the last picture.

4. Janie M. says:

‘Cometh the hour, cometh the man.’

5. TwoLaine says:

Thank You Carpe Donktum! Very good.

6. Nowut Ameen says:

You can imagine how Obama would handle this mess. Actually, you don’t have to imagine. Just look how he bungled almost everything he did, all by leading from the rear, by remote control, always with a political calculation, and plausible deniability.

• Michelle says:

I don’t even think he would do anything. He would hide behind speeches that people would swoon over and just hide the statistics. And the media would go along.

7. modspell says:

I think God had to deplete the economy and put us thru a reckoning. Trump was chosen to be the shepard for the moment. I wonder if his reelection depended on this disaster. It was coming upon us regardless of president, but Hillary would have used it to destroy the deplorables and our assets.

• PInky1920 says:

I think so modspell, God is very farsighted. I’ve lost a lot but at least I have hope that things will get better with PT at the helm; the drunken hag would have been gleefully rubbing her hooves together at the thought of destroying the deplorables.

• Conservative_302 says:

Because of this plague, people are watching Trumps daily briefings. For us who faithfully support him, we see his great leadership skills and his humanity. This is why we voted for him. For those who never liked him, they are forced to watch his daily briefings for information. These are the people with TDS, who probably never watched him and rely on CNN or MSNBC news anchors who hate him. Hopefully Trumps daily briefings will dispell the ugly and fake myths these liberal stations vomit out. The unjust hate people have for Trump is scary. I can’t imagine having that much hate inside me. When I listen to Trumps briefings I think about his MAGA hope for our nation. In fighting this virus, MAGA is exactly what he was and is talking about. America is a great nation, we will find a cure, and this will pass. It’s an example of why we are so great. Trump fights for us everyday. Every night I pray to God to give him favor to do Gods work and win the next election. Trump is truly great.

• Curt says:

The obvious reason that Trump’s poll numbers are rising is because many people are watching these briefings who didn’t bother listening to him before. What they’re seeing is a man who is up to the task, as opposed to the lies spoon-fed by the media.

• Olivia Robbins says:

“We have to pray in Jesus’ Name. In doing so we are relying on His influence with The Father, trusting that The Father will listen to Him.” ..Bishop Robert Barron

In our President’s comments yesterday, he mentioned that he spoke with Franklin Graham at length. He added an aside by telling all of us that Franklin Graham certainly “loves Jesus.”

I was so happy about this that I forgot about CNN’s plant, Jim Acosta. Our President used patient restraint in allowing him so much time to ask his usual accusatory questions.

Am so proud that President Donald J. Trump is our President. Best President ever.

8. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“We can see and feel President Trump’s desire to get through this challenge, hold our people together, and exit even stronger than before.”

As previously posted here by me, PDJT told a friend of mine at dinner in Trump Tower that he was doing this (running for public office) because he thought he had a chance to make things better for his children and grandchildren. He did not want to spend the rest of his life in luxury without trying to make a difference, after witnessing first hand the undermining of our Republic over the past few decades by our elected representatives selling us out to the globalist interests.

Friend (from Buffalo) also had experience running for public office and experienced the blood sport of politics and being ” stabbed in the back” by members of your own party, if you happened to be an “outsider” and “rebel” that did not “toe the party line” 100% of the time.

9. boomerbeth says:

“The Power of Positive Thinking” was Rev Dr. Norman Vincent Peale’s Doctrine.
    ” “Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture … Do not build up obstacles in your imagination.”

The Trump family worshipped at his church, the Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan

Trump: “.. what he would do is he would bring real-life situations, modern day situations into the sermon. And you could listen to him all day long. When you left the church, you were disappointed that it was over.”

“Any fact facing us, however difficult, even seemingly hopeless, is not so important as our attitude toward that fact,” Peale wrote. “A confident and optimistic thought pattern can modify or overcome the fact altogether.”

1.“the optimism bias.” The way we view the future helps shape what it turns out to be. When we view it positively, we reduce anxiety and stress. And we focus on creating the future we envision.
    2. find Hope, even in the worst circumstances & turn our tragedy into a lifeline for others.
    3. prayer is not simply about saying something to God. It is also about saying something to ourselves. It tells us of who we are and what we are called to do. It gives God an opening to into our hearts and minds so God can help use our gifts. It reminds us that God has our back.

• Seneca the Elder says:

Boomer- thank you very much for a beautiful and inspiring comment.
      I really need everything I can get to help to overcome my innate negativity and pessimism.
      I am not the most positive person even in the best of times, and it is something I have to work on.
      One of the things I most love about our President is his positive attitude no matter what the circumstances. He is always trying to lift us up, to show us the good side.
      We are so very lucky to have him.

• suejeanne1 says:

I love this so much – thank you for posting this.
      When my Dad passed away quite suddenly at 44 – Hong Kong flue bringing about pnuemonia plus he had underlying conditions – it was a shock to all of us –
      I used to type up on the old Underwood various sayings (from his books) of Norman Vincent Peale and tape them on the wall next to my bed so I would see them before I went to sleep and when I awoke in the morning.
      Fred Trump was a recipient of the Horatio Alger award (of the ten people that year in 1985, Mario Cuomo was one of the others).

• Ospreyzone says:

It’s evident that Donald Trump grew up listening in this man’s church.
      … More so, Obama, in the anti-American, racist church of Jeramiah Wright.

• John Post says:

boomerbeth:

Here is something I wrote a few years ago at a particularly low point in my life.

Rocks In The Road

Here I am
      Stumbling, when I should be sailing
      Crawling, when I should be running
      Crying, when I should be laughing

The road ahead, wide open and smooth
      The goals, so clear and tempting
      The journey, so easy, if I just allow it to be

EXCEPT

The rocks I throw in my own road
      Holding me back, slowing me down
      Making difficult the things that should be so easy

The mural that is the rest of my life
      Still just a blank white wall
      With ghostly outlines traced in places
      A hint of what lies ahead
      Waiting for the color and texture
      That comes with the living of it

A blank slate
      A white wall
      Except for the rocks
      Thrown there by myself

HANTA YO
      Clear the way
      Quit creating my own hurdles
      Quit holding myself back

SEE the picture
      LIVE the colors
      FEEL the texture
      BE ALIVE AGAIN

The man inside wants out
      Kindness and warmth live here
      Music and laughter live here

The mural
      Hidden, but still real
      Waiting to be revealed

Hiding behind the rocks
      The rocks in the road

original poem by John L. Post
      2-06-2005

Hidden inside all of us is the power to make our lives better if we just use it!
      Hope all of you have a blessed day. Remember, this too shall pass!

• oldersoul says:

The Power of Positive Thinking is one of the seminal great books for energizing one’s self forward. So are Dr. Peale’s later books. But the original remains the best.

The other great one is The Magic of Thinking Big, by David J. Schwartz, PhD:

“Believe Big. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief. Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success. Remember this, too! Big ideas and big plans are often easier—certainly no more difficult—than small ideas and small plans.”

“Action cures fear. Isolate your fear and then take constructive action. Inaction—doing nothing about a situation—strengthens fear and destroys confidence.”

“Get your advice from successful people. Your future is important. Never risk it with freelance advisors who are living failures.”

“Dig into it deeper. When you find yourself uninterested in something, dig in and learn more about it. This sets off enthusiasm. Life up everything about you: your smile, your handshake, your talk, even your walk. Act alive. Broadcast good news. No one ever accomplished anything positive telling bad news.”

Excerpts From: David J. Schwartz. “The Magic of Thinking Big.” Apple Books. https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-magic-of-thinking-big/id917780006

I suspect PDJT may have read both of these magical books as some point, as their authors’ roots go back over 60 years.

Everything about Donald J. Trump is as if he is a living, breathing example of this mindset is and can achieve.

And you can do it, too.

This hyped-up present crisis is and will be beaten. And quicker than you think.

• nats1mom says:

Thank you Boomerbeth for an inspiring read! Something I will refer to quite often.

10. MAGA Minuteman says:

The hope started when we saw you at the top of the escalator. And it continues and improves through every day you are in office.

Thank you!

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Thanks, Boomer. That was educational.
      I do not know much about Peale.

• suejeanne1 says:

that’s right! it gets even stronger!

• MAGA Minuteman says:

I made a post of the Presidential Thread. I am reposting a portion as it seems more appropriate to post here…

In just a few short years since our Commander in Chief President Trump took over at the helm, our country has steadily gotten back on course, the engines are starting to fire on all cylinders and the barnacles and seaweed are getting scrapped off the hull.

We are standing by for heavy rolls as we get through this current pandemic. However, virus or no virus, I think we can all agree that our nation is in a far better place than it could be in with someone else at the helm.

The other side of the strom is going to be Glorious!

• Kristin DeBacco says:

MAGA: ‘However, virus or no virus, I think we can all agree that our nation is in a far better place than it could be in with someone else at the helm.

With the “All Hands on Deck” approach of our leadership and all menbers of the crew (us) doing our part, we will weather the storm.”

Yes we will.. because we can.

11. Jase says:

I always felt he was a great President, while at the same time thinking that his colourful life would always be a mark against him in some way.
    I was wrong.
    Since assuming the job he has not had a single moment of peace.
    Not a single day when, having reached the end of it, he can relax, put his feet up and congratulate himself on a day well spent.
    Everything he has done has been achieved in the face of viscous opposition and slander from not just his opponents and their media toadies, but many in his own party.
    Petty, small, envious people who know in their hearts that he is better than they ever will be and hate him for it.
    After 70-something years of playing the showman Donald John Trump now stands revealed as one of the great men of American history.
    Mt Rushmore?
    Pfft. Give him his own mountain.

• Publius2016 says:

They are Globalists…they are true believers…some are pure Demons

• upper379 says:

I would like to think that mountain could be Mount Olympus.

• FrankieZee says:

You have to remember one thing about Trump: He Loves a good fight. You don’t become the King of Real Estate in NYC without the ability to be able to fight and win at all costs.

• Martin says:

In a world smitten with appearance over content, achievement is a tragic casualty. It cannot be borrowed or outsourced. And it certainly cannot be faked.

People of consequence are not satisfied with a day well spent; their keen perception reveals too much yet left undone.

PDJT set that aside, for our benefit. That is beyond inspirational, and no surprise he’s steeped in the principals attributed above to the Rev. Dr. Norman Vincent Peale.

So many could learn from this man, we’re they not blinded by such virulent hatred.

• Amy2 says:

There is MUCH peace when you know you are doing the right thing.

• logicforoneandall says:

I voted for President Trump and still support him but I need an explanation about the constitution and civil liberties that are being trampled before I would consider a pedestal for him. I’m shocked I have not heard him talk about this in any of his briefings. What is his position on what is a clear violation of rights by the states. This should not be happening. Now he is talking about an infrastructure stimulus. How? Everything is shutdown? What the blank is going on ?

• logicforoneandall says:

• logicforoneandall says:

12. Eaglet says:

“They” (DS/Globalist) never thought he would put The American People over his success with the economy. “They” placed bets that millions of American people would die from COVID-19 and President Trump would have looked the other way for the almighty dollar. They thought “maximum impact” would bring President Trump to his knees. Not today. Our lion has risen to the occasion. Most of us know China, EU, WHO, and to some point the CDC are a bunch of lying sack of shits. President Trump know this as well IMO The DS and Globalist are losing billions over his unselfish move, having the American people taken care of first. He promised us this. We will know someday, maybe not in my personal lifetime, what really happened. I have beans in the pot and God in my heart. God Bless America.

13. sunnyflower5 says:

We love you. We’re with you.
    We will never let you down, as well,President Trump.
    Thank you, for being the the leader we need— for just such a time.

14. Pale rider says:

“Most Americans inherently know the president is trying to deliver the best possible outcome for our nation.”
    And that’s a problem for a group of people who reside here, ‘squatters’ as it were, who want our country to fall so it can be replaced. Invaders, antifa, globalists pigs (pigs have more manners and compassion for others) people who do not wish to be called Americans. They have totally destroyed their neighborhoods, cities and states and then wipe their feet on our door mats to come destroy our region.
    These are people who are ashamed of America, but it’s not our America they are ashamed of, it’s their America. The part they destroyed by their on hands but never take accountability for their utter failures in life our in Civic duty.
    What happened? How did they get a voice to disrupt? IMHO, they are ignorant feeling driven lovers of self. (How would you explain the number of abortions.) If they one who they serve by their absence of reason and GOD they might understand. Their voice came from wanting to compromise and ‘get along’ instead of demanding accountability from our kids, neighbors, government and especially ourselves. What part of Trump do we loves? I say it’s his drive to hold everyone accountable. What can be achieved when everyone is accountable and working towards a goal? The impossible! And just as ‘inherently’ we all understand that, ‘all’ implies those who love this country and what it represents God and freedom. (And a side note, you cannot have freedom without the other, you make ‘think’ you are free but you only exchange one cell for another.)

15. Angus D says:

Jim Acosta gave us his visions for Journalism School

-Belligerence 101
    -Intro to rudeness
    -Anti-Social behavior lab
    -Marxism 101 – 199
    -Satanic worship
    -Hating Whitey workshops
    -Safe Space retreats
    -Sniveling & Whining tutorials
    -Snarkiness for dummies

16. amwick says:

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” SunTzu

I think this is hopeful.. I have heard that President Trump read and studied this ancient warrior philosopher. Not that he is looking for an opportunity for personal gain, he sees opportunities for our nation. Hopeful, indeed. I believe that is a fundamental part of his personality.

Compare that to the political version, “never let a crisis go to waste”, Saul Alinsky. You know who has been running with this.. and it is disgusting. It is the opposite of hope, it destroys hope.

17. bethabcd says:

A great article about hydroxychloroquine and its successful use in many countries already. Shows the Left is demonizing this drug because they NEED this economy to crash so they can win in 2020. They can’t let PDJT have a win!

It’s very low cost ($20) and could be used NOW, but Dr. Fauci and the Left keep throwing water on the idea. But it is best used BEFORE the patient gets really sick. So any “studies” in the US using ICU patients only will not show great results. Other countries having great success giving it to people RIGHT AWAY!

• Great summary. If Cuomo really wants to do something, he should make available the “cocktail” for all NYers and we can all take it at roughly the same time (including prophylactically). I am happy to pay the $ 20 each for my family and employees if money is an issue. This would knock the virus out in the state.

• jimboct says:

I’m certain little fredo will get it. Just watch.

• cantcforest says:

angry, that should be done nationwide. Unfortunately, the CDC and the FDA are so far behind (or deliberately blocking) this treatment, that I haven’t been able to get any confirmation of supply beyond enough to treat politicians and then perhaps medical staff.

• wondering999 says:

Agree with a slight difference: If you listened to the video of Dr. Zelenko explaining the use of his hydrochloroquine cocktail to Rudy Giulani, there’s a slight difference from what you recommend.

Dr. Zelenko said that if you are YOUNG (under 60) and HEALTHY (no cancer, no underlying disease or health problems) then relax. If young and healthy, when you catch this disease (and you probably will) stay at home, rest, drink a lot of fluids (I’ve read recommendations of green tea elsewhere), and recover for a couple of weeks. You will be fine without seeking medical help in that circumstance.

Dr. Zelenko recommends going for the medicines, which can have side effects, ONLY if you begin to have difficulty breathing (in which case you may need to be hospitalized) — because the drugs also have side effects. Some people who are immunocompromised or at risk (Dr. Zelenko is missing part of a lung, so he’s vulnerable) will take the medicine for prevention.

• wondering999 says:

Dr. Zelenko says his goal is to keep people alive, and also out of the hospitals, so that patients can recover at home using the three medications. The people who have difficulty breathing and who use his medication regimen seem to be recovering well, and only a few have had to go to the hospital for help

• Judith says:

That’s why this quarantine must end soon. We already know how to save people *before* their lungs are destroyed. No ICU, no respirator, no death.

Make Zelenko’s drug regimen available to hi-risk people and first responders Can we get back to our lives now?

• cantcforest says:

Beth,
      The referenced article makes clear the importance of using HC AZ before dire symptoms appear, not when admitted to the ICU. The statement/order belatedly issued by the FDA practically encourages the regimen to NOT be used until its effectiveness is greatly reduced.
      I view the CDC and FDA foot-dragging on this as an attack on America. It is perhaps the most vile of all Deep State (in)actions, because it not only wrecks our economy, it also threatens our lives.
      Because of recent personal experience, I encourage you to ask your doctor if he will prescribe the drug to you before you are in respiratory distress, or before you are in the hospital. Does he have any assurance of the drugs availability?

• cantcforest says:

Forgot to mention: I have cold anger and am LIVID! Go figure.

• bethabcd says:

Thanks for your great information! I was wondering about that study that is currently going on in NYC using HC AZ, and hoping that it wasn’t only being given to advanced cases. You’ve just answered my question.
        We’ve seen a sustained assault on our Intelligence agencies (Russia Collusion hoax shows deep corruption in our intelligence community), AND our Constitution (Impeachment hoax proceeded in a banana republic style.). But the Left’s response to this virus is stunningly WICKED! Their willingness to lead us into a Depression, hide the best cures from people, and attack our President in a national crisis, all to regain their power, just blows my mind in its depravity. Then again Stalin, Lenin, Fidel Castro etc are all role models for our Left.

• amwick says:

i just saw this on Scott Adam’s tl… here ya go…

• Pale rider says:

Does everyone know about ‘tonic water’?

18. plumnelly1 says:

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

19. rah says:

The politics of division is not working and that is all they have to sell. Most Americans understand we’re facing something unlike anything this nation has seen since 1918. They understand the enemy we face does not give a shit about what ethnicity you are, what color you are, how rich or poor you are, what your politics are, what your sexual orientation is, or if your a criminal or a cop, etc…..

20. Parker Longbaugh says:

This is an uplifting thread and makes me happy.
    But I am just a mean person.
    When I read others use of the word hope the first thing that came into my head was hearing Obama say later today ” Folks, you do not want this kind of hope”.

21. Yes and one observation from yesterday re Dr Fauci- He is a mitigation general- That is his one note strategy- The tell for me was when they asked question about hydroq. and treatments. He launched into technical jargon throwing out all these other experimental things no one ever heard of and mixing them in with hydroq. and that they ALL have to be clinically tested “over months” to see if workED. Come on, whenever an “expert ” (wall streeters are famous for that ) answer with jargon be suspicious. VSGTRUMP and instincts are right on Hydroq/Zpak. I hope and believe and Fauci is way too attached to HIS strategy to go there. We are talking about saving lives any way possible not which bureaucrat is going to get nominated for a Nobel Prize.

• PS just reading the Michigan Governor thread below and the QUOTE from the FDA letter authorizing hydroq and Zpak for use for Virus, Fauci did not even acknowledge this letter in his remarks and was being intentionally obtuse IMHO

• PSS the American Thinker today has an article that Fauci has a history of being a vaccine “profiteer with Big Pharma – He is touting vaccine as his second strategy- as opposed to therapies- It makes you wonder when you see him going all over the place in his comments

• mickeyhamtramck says:

“ ….which bureaucrat is going to get nominated for a Nobel Prize.” Testing and examining the situation for months, and then more testing…. I have a gut instinct that I probably would not want him (Fauci) with me in a foxhole during battle.

• Ninja7 says:

As the saying goes “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with Bull $@%&🤔
      Hopefully more people are catching onto that.

22. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Unspoken press response to the president’s hope comment?
    “We want to give people despair.”

The media’s 24/7 pandemic coverage serves 3 purposes.
    1.) The nonstop fear-porn is driving TV Ratings up, up, up
    2.) Destruction of the US economy hurts American workers-Trump voters the most
    3.) This flu outbreak gives journalists a chance to badger the president in hindsight.

23. Douger_F says:

The news media provides enough doom and gloom. That POTUSDJT is providing positive messaging is what sets him apart. Anyone can preach doom and gloom, predict massive deaths or forecast negative economic news. Look at any of the news channels.

24. ZurichMike says:

We are in the liturgical period of Lent. Preparation for greater things. Sackcloth and ashes. Penance. Sacrifice. Good works. Patience. Suffering. Prayer.

The nation is not only under attack from a virus. There are evil, diabolical forces at play. And until the heathens in Vatican II removed it, this prayer ended each and every Mass:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Let’s go, folks: pray without ceasing.

25. Guessed says:

When was the last time this guy had a break from this? A month?

Obama would have had four golfing trips by now. With a large entourage that broke all rules for social distancing.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

He’d be out in the rough on the 9th Hole by the trees smoking Salems with his pals discussing ways to disparage Americans and condemn their way of life.

26. Phil McCoxwell says:

This man is the real deal. His truth is shining through all of the crap and the haters know it. They hate him for being human and relating to us. He truly represents the typical American. He is not perfect, willing to tackle anything that comes his way and discards fear of failure while he moves forward one step at a time. It’s why he always wins. He never gives up. This man was placed here by God, just like our country and our free spirit. Now is a time to count our blessings, not our struggles. The balance sheet is not even close. Just look around you and know that love is everywhere. It we lose some “stuff” so what, we built this place from scratch and we can do it a thousand times over. None of us are alone. Never forget that. We are a nation of free individuals living together as one nation under God. Evil will not prevail. GOD ALWAYS BATS LAST.

I love the inspiration this site brings. Thank you all.

27. Rj says:

Please Mr President don’t give little Abilio Acosta that much time again.

28. T2020 says:

Thank God he is our president.

29. boogywstew says:

“Only he acts from honesty and for the general good. His life Is gentle, and the elements mix so well in him that Nature might stand up and say to all the world, “This Is a man!” … to paraphrase Act 5, Scene 5 “Julius Caesar” William Shakespeare

30. Catherine Thompson says:

I for one am having a tough time getting through this. Can’t imagine what the President is going through. I feel he has been led astray by these “elitist experts” Have listened to Rush Limbaugh the past two days, yes he is back thank goodness, and the people calling in are questioning the draconian measures being put in place vs the numbers on the ground. I am in that camp also. 45 days of living like this will absolutely kill a lot of small businesses, even with the loans that are available. People are depressed, anxious and see no light at the end of the tunnel. Rush said what will probably happen is at the end of this “30 days” they will come back and say just do this 2 more weeks and everyone will say okay we can do 2 more weeks. Then at the end of those 2 weeks they will do it again. The power grab by the governors is unprecedented and we will have a hard time wrestling our freedoms back from some of them. Rush is also very down on the models as they never pan out – example – global warming models. Just my opinion from my little limb here at CTH. As Rush would he is the mayor of realville and I agree with him.

• paulashley says:

My sentiments exactly. I love Trump but unlike in all other matters, instead of boldly trusting his gut, he is succumbing to the “experts”. Like Rush, I don’t have much hope. Despite Trump’s words, the swamp is just too strong.

• The tragedy of this time is that there are no true experts advising the masses, certainly no science experts. I have been trying to inform people that “the system is broken, with incompetent science and insane politics” for the last 7 years or more.

The President is laying back, but showing he has more confidence against the virus than the “experts” do. And he is right; I know, because I am a competent scientist (and one who caught the bug just last week, and beat it with continual dosing with echinacea capsules, in just 2 or 3 days, with no apparent sickness throughout that time), not one of these “specialists” who know only to follow their consensus theories and “modelling” methods (which have all been shown to be worthless, in so-called global “climate science” — I don’t know when scientists mis-learned these false modelling methods, but it is a REAL pandemic, in science).

So you can look forward to the time when it becomes clear that I, the President, and many other competent observers, are shown to be right and the vaccination specialists wrong (they are wrong mainly to think only anti-viral vaccination is the solution, and only secondarily in their expected death numbers, which are at least a factor of 2 to 3 too high — although I expect them to cover themselves, by claiming their quarantine impositions did the trick, suppressing those numbers, rather than simply their incompetent prognostications).

People need to support and defend their own immune systems, as I have, not wait in vain for a vaccination “cure” that totally neglects both the individual’s immune system and the intelligence to treat him/herself.

• crasey says:

You are not alone. Much like the Chinese finger trap, the flatten the curve team has put the country in a maximum mitigation strategy from which there is no economic escape. As with all models the curves fit the past perfectly. The spaghetti models hurricane forecasters pore over perfectly illustrates the point that they all show something scary is coming but how bad it is or who it is most likely to affect can not be known until it’s already here.

Killing or letting businesses die in the meantime leads to a long and difficult recovery not the speedy one the WH is expecting. It’s time to gently slip out of the finger trap we’re in.

• Amy2 says:

We will know in two weeks! Hang in there everyone! I believe we will come bouncing back (just a few bounces at first!) and the president will be able to take off, just like after Mueller and the impeachment. When he opens us back up, the governors will have no choice but to acquiesce. They will be shown for the goobers that they are.

• ediegrey says:

Trump never should have gone along with shutting everything down – this only gets worse. This is a disaster and he just watches and says how he saved millions of lives. Give me a break.

31. scrap1ron says:

I really like OAN reporter Chanel Rion during the White House Press briefings. She really sets up her petty colleagues as the purveyors of Chicom propaganda. A question I’d like to see her ask:
    Do you think the owners of NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, etc… and their financial interests in China has been helpful in stopping the spread of the corona virus?

• Dekester says:

Me too Scrap,

However IMO Chanel maybe lost a little favour with PDJT when a few days back at “the presser” she injected abortion into the conversation.

IMO that was a big mistake.

I contacted OAN and voiced my disappointment.

I watched her question a PDJT yesterday, PDJT did not show her the same warmth.

Hopefully she and OAN learn from that.

32. Conservative_302 says:

Through all my life’s battles, this has always given me peace. Especially the line about the world is unfolding as it should.

Desiderata By Max Ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible without surrender
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even the dull and the ignorant;
    they too have their story.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
    they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others,
    you may become vain and bitter;
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
    Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
    it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
    Exercise caution in your business affairs;
    for the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals;
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
    Especially, do not feign affection.
    Neither be cynical about love;
    for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
    it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
    gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline,
    be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be,
    and whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    it is still a beautiful world.
    Be cheerful.
    Strive to be happy.

33. Landslide says:

I was so happy to hear President Trump say “I’m a cheerleader for the country”. We’ve heard him say it before, but now many more people have heard it. It’s a phrase I think about often. The Bible says “Hope deferred makes the heart sick. But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.” This I need and through God’s great mercy, this we have. Thank you, God, for giving us this man at this moment in time! 🙏🏼🇺🇸👍🏻🙏🏼🇺🇸

34. Marcia says:

Retired Magistrate here: President Trump is doing what we all should do; just take the day that we have and make the most of it. There is no guarantee that we will have another one so let’s make the most of the day that we have.

Here in Central Ohio we have another cloudy chilly day. However, the flowers are blooming, forsythia is lovely, grass is starting to green, bluebirds are out and Easter is coming! Churches may be closed; however, that does not stop the fact that HE is Risen; HE is Risen Indeed!

This is the day that the Lord has made so rejoice and be glad in it.

• paulashley says:

True, but where I am, my daughter, who needs to sell her house to get out of debt, is facing a disappearing market, and my 90 year old mother, on lockdown in a senior living facility, was refused permission to leave the premises to see her heart doctor. I’m a Christian, but the here and now needs fixing fast.

35. paulashley says:

I love Trump but continue to be frustrated by his succumbing to the “experts” in this case rather than, as he done in most things, trusted his instincts and the American people. I’m sorry, but I won’t have much hope until I hear that were FREE to got about our business, the mortality rate be damned. Sounds heartless, but for me, who doesn’t believe we’ll jump from 4000 to 100000 deaths, or that, if true, it is worth the enormous collateral damage, its true.

• wondering999 says:

paulashley — yesterday a retired doctor laid out a logical case for how this disease is spreading (through healthcare workers who are desperately needed, and who might not work if they were quarantined away from family).

I’d like to see some thinking about how healthcare workers carrying contagion from work to supermarket to home etc. might best be served so that that route of contagion could be diminished. This thought had begun to occur to me while watching a TV snippet of a healthcare worker hugging her little daughter at home… and it’s what makes sense, so despite the difficulties, we ought to be thinking about this problem and how to solve it while serving healthcare workers and their needs.

Sooner or later we will probably all catch this disease, for better or for worse. The idea is to slow the spread and keep people out of the hospitals (using Dr. Zelenko’s method which despite its success, is being suppressed by govt leadership except our President)

• wondering999 says:

We have, as a majority of citizens, been “succumbing to experts” against common sense for many decades now. As soon as online education became available, it should have become available to everyone who wanted it, instead of pushing all the young people to take on enormous debts (instead of buying first homes, beginning families etc). No no, the “experts” have pushed for everyone to buy into expensive educations in expensive dormitories which, by the way, tend to spread expensive, temporarily disabling diseases like mononucleosis, bedbugs and other nasties.

WHY have we deferred to the “experts” when clearly they had their own interests in mind, not ours? This needs to stop. We need to defend ourselves. Not by attacking and punishing the selfish, but by walking away, just like our President negotiated better trade deals with China.

36. Betty says:

President Trump stands as a representative of the United States of America, with our interests in mind.

He has the moral strength to stand against unimaginably powerful forces and act with restraint and deliberation.

He is dedicated to fairness and the prosperity of his fellow man.

He has used his power to enrich others, not merely aggrandize himself or flatter his own ego.

• Betty says:

I wish I wouldn’t have written “merely” in that last sentence – Yes, President Trump has made his surroundings magnificent, and could be seen as self-promoting.

But I think, now that we see his true heart, we can succeed in separating Trump the man from Trump the brand understand the strategy which prompted the self-promotion.

37. Linus in W.PA. says:

The guy stays for (2) hours and answers questions from EVERYONE including dumbass hacks like ‘Lil Abilio and Jamoke Alcindor.

38. Bubby says:

I watched President Trump last night on OAN talk about feeling like a war President fighting an invisible enemy unleashed on the world by China. That analogy to me is appropriate, we as a nation are a war. What I believe is that the $2 trillion stimulus should be used not only to send out checks but to cover the costs incurred by civilians injured during this viral war. To me rather than wasting money sent to Pelosi’s pet projects like the Kennedy Center that money to should go to anyone infected by the Covit-19 to reimburse all out of pocket costs. The Feds should pay or reimburse civilians for all out of pocket costs for: hospitalization, lab costs, Doctor fees, drug costs, rehabilitation costs and all funeral costs. Why should any civilian inflicted with this horrible virus be destroyed financially having to pay for hospital costs that could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars if they are hospitalized, incubated and on a ventilator? Then those families that have lost a loved to the virus having to pay not only for hospital costs then the costs of funeral is a financial burden most can’t afford. We need a Marshall Plan for our own citizens in this viral war. We as a nation shouldn’t allow anyone or any family be bankrupted, destroyed financially because they got infected! IMHO rant over. Godspeed President Trump!

• wondering999 says:

Plus we have, for decades, subsidized with our tax dollars, the lavish lifestyles of people who look on America with contempt and abuse us. It’s time we take care of Americans instead of propping up the hateful

• Bubby says:

Wondering exactly Amen! Let’s stop sending our money to countries that hate America and don’t support us at the UN and let them hate us for free!

• wondering999 says:

But not just those countries… within our own country, the Hunter Bidens, the Pelosis, the “Kennedy Center” and other outfits are having a lot of fun on the taxpayer dime. White House correspondents? How much are they paid to abuse our President (and thereby, us?)

• Orygun says:

We literally rebuilt Europe and Japan after WW2 while having to reorganize our own economy. We should not be so timid about recovering from this attack from within and orchestrated by China.

The nuclear age has made conventional war with nuclear weapons a lose lose scenario and what we are witnessing is a war being financed by our enemies from within using our own money. There are many ways to fight a war and we are experiencing a war right now and should consider the other side combatants.

39. Bigly says:

For treepers who have been harsh on steve Bannon, I think his hardline shut it all down for 30 days is ultimately going to be proven out to have been the smartest strategy.

If this lingers for weeks after April 30, Bannon was the only one talking shut it all down – hard, if you’re going to go through hell , don’t tip toe approach.

Just saying – we shall see.

• wondering999 says:

Yesterday one of the Treepers asked us to think about one of our primary sources of contagion after travelers brought the disease to our communities: our cherished and respected healthcare workers are leaving work carrying the contagion with them all over the community. It’s almost impossible not to. And, many of the healthcare workers are becoming ill with the disease, also.
      Bannon didn’t address this, and it’s a difficult problem to confront although common sense tells us that quarantining the hospitals and hospital staff may be necessary. How could this be done? Would medical staff be willing to do this?
      A few days ago I read a Facebook post from a former coworker whose mother was saying that this is a time when she really wishes her grown children and their spouses lived in the same home. He responded LOL she wouldn’t want to be exposed to what he is carrying on his clothes and body when he comes home every day. He was thinking about the problem. Most of the rest of us, aren’t. How can we handle this? What incentive for isolating the hospital environments, would be worth it for the healthcare providers we desperately need?

40. cantcforest says:

May I suggest that PDJT order that the malaria drug and Z pack be made available to the 4,000 sailors of the carrier Roosevelt, which is practically disabled at Guam. From the anecdotal studies, I would expect results quickly which the media couldn’t hide, try as they might.

41. fangdog says:

Negative Jim Acosta gives us the perfect contrast to hopeful President Trump. People can see the vile mean spirited Jim Acosta representing those who are as sick as Acosta and those who see solutions for an inevitable end. Most as does Trump, see a greater stronger America as America has never been in its glorious history.

World peace and prosperity is a realistic reasonable expected outcome by those who have hope. I see those as Jim Acosta as a vivid representation of what no American patriot wants to be like or be among us. Jim Acosta and those as him are a fly in your glass of milk,

42. Deplorable Canuck says:

I am so very thankful for President Trump and the American People who put him there. I cannot imagine the mess we would all be in were Cankles President. You didn’t just dodge a bullet, you dodged a Nuke!

43. hrmfc says:

I am very worried about the sailors on the carrier. There are 200 sailors who tested positive. Guam is not helping them. I pray they are able to survive this crisis.

44. Bogeyfree says:

So didn’t Teva and Sandoz alone donate over 35 million tablets of hydroxychloroquine the other week to the US?

So if there are 200,000 Americans in the ENTIRE country who tested positive for Corona and the hydroxychloroquine treatment is 5 days then why not provide ALL 200,000 with the drug NOW?

This works out to just 1,000,000 pills necessary to treat all of them.

Why not choke and crush the CV in these people hard and fast and wouldn’t that fact and stat alone inspire millions more that we can and are beating this?

And there is still plenty in reserve to treat and new cases.

Maybe an EO requiring anyone who tests positive immediately gets hydroxychloroquine, z-pack and zinc cocktail.

Stop the idiot governors who seem to have different motives on CV.

Time to carpet bomb CV to Hell!

• Ivehadit says:

Yes, that’s why Donald says it’s a game changer. They are testing the drugs now as I understand. He mentioned that he had “heard” that medical people are taking the drugs now.

45. jimrockfish says:

Sometimes in my 57 years of life, I see things line up, maybe during or often after, and think “wow, that was pretty amazing how it all worked out”. This current situation is making me feel this way again.

I have my doubts this virus is as bad as they are trying to make us believe. That doesn’t matter though at this point because here we are all locked down and destroying the greatest economy we’ve ever had.

I cannot imagine anybody else leading us through this fight. President Trump is connected to Joe and Jane six pack better than any leader anywhere. Ever. And he’s positive, uplifting and amazingly smart. When you see the love for him from Americans it’s because he is genuine. He truly loves our country and We The People. It shows more than ever right now. I am so grateful he is our President. I hope more people are seeing how fortunate we are and vote accordingly in November.

Thank you Sundance and your team and thanks to my fellow Treepers for the comradery.

• katdaddy says:

I know someone who met President Trump before he became President (during a Miss America pageant, he has been involved with the Miss Mississippi for many years). He stated the the President was very personable and remembered his name and state he was from when presenting him an award (for his participation in the pageant) almost a week later. If people don’t get him after listening to that clip, i don’t think they will ever get it him. He loves our country, praying for his re-election.

46. The American Patriot says:

Trump wants to be optimistic and FNN wants him to be negative.

That tells you how much you need to know about FNN!

47. thedoc00 says:

Every President (even Obama and media) before President Trump went before the people to present a positive message and “inspire” folks to preserve. This has to be the first time I have ever seen in the history of the US where a political party and the media have championed the cause of “the disaster” and (the enemy) its perpetrator “China Inc.”.

• thedoc00 says:

My apologies to the Viet Nam vets on CTH. There was a major point in history where politicians and media sold out the nation and that did not end well either.

48. Rockindubya says:

I don’t want to include a link to FB here. I don’t know how to attach a pic here. That said, this is from “Donald Trump is my President” page.
    Powerful Stuff….
    “Just stop scrolling for a minute and look at this photo this is NOT a political post. Can you imagine the weight this man is feeling right now? When he signed up for this role (without pay) he did it for us…Americans. He didn’t do it for the fame or glory, he had all that. He was willing to take on whatever, but the magnitude of what we’re currently experiencing has got to be paralyzing. And to some, NOTHING he does is ever right or good enough.
    Do you ever wonder how he must be dealing with it all? When his head finally hits the pillow at night after press conferences and meetings, constantly trying to defend himself and protect our country at the same time…does he break down from the pressure?
    Is he scared and confused?
    Is he even able to sleep?
    Can he shut his mind off at all?
    Does he lay there and talk to God all night praying for strength and answers?
    He is, after all, a human being who is hardworking and has feeling like all of us.
    Some of you complain like crybabies if you know so much and can do better go take on his responsibilities
    Whether he’s making you proud or not, look at this photo and ask God to soften your heart just a litte bit and lift this man up in prayer. He needs them right now more than ever. He is carrying the weight of OUR country on his shoulders and I don’t think anybody could be doing any better of a job than he is currently 🙏🏼❤️
    And please, if you don’t have anything nice to say, there’s NO NEED to comment…just keep scrolling.
    This is about togetherness. This is about staying united.”

• Lion2017 says:

Bingo! We need to support President Trump & each other now more than ever. Our Lion will win this war & we need to help him. Keep praying! 🙏🏻🇺🇸

• Ninja7 says:

Rockindubya, He does it with IIRC 4 hours of sleep. He gets beaten up no matter what he does.
      This is why IMHO , the daily press briefings are so important.
      When the quarantined population who can watch the whole presser, unfiltered. Hopefully think, realize that PDJT truly loves this country and the forgotten deplorables. The elites, in their bubble unfortunately probably never will give up their talking points.
      Again Thank you for putting into words what has gone through my head multiple times.
      A side notes most Presidents after three years age very much, PDJT in my opinion (IMO) has NOT, or even appears younger, if that could be possible. 🤔🤔🤗

49. MfM says:

In Philadelphia there were 351 homicides in 2019. There were stories about it, but the 10 deaths from the Wuhan virus in Philadelphia is getting much, much more press. There are only 63 deaths (at this time) in PA from the Wuhan Virus and in the eastern part of the State the last customer I saw at work was the 3/10/20. So 3 weeks. Twenty one days and no end in sight.

The gun violence isn’t stopping now either. It’s just taking a backseat to the Wuhan Virus.