Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Modified Stay-Home Order…

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was under massive pressure to issue a state-wide stay-at-home order.  Most of the pressure was from political opposition and their allied media… However, there was an aspect to the COVID-19 mitigation that Gov. DeSantis wanted/needed; so today he executed an executive order [document pdf here].

The Florida order requires all senior citizens and individuals with a “significant underlying medical condition” to limit movements & remain at home. All other Floridians must limit any activity outside their home to obtaining or providing essential activities or services.

Essential services include: health care workers, public safety officers and first responders, grocery store employees, agriculture workers, bank employees, gas station and auto repair workers, construction workers and repair personnel, mail businesses and postal workers, and those who work in manufacturing facilities that support critical supply chains.

Also included are people who work in vital infrastructure industries like energy, telecommunication, water, transportation companies and the defense industry. Private colleges are allowed to remain open to support online or “distance learning.”

Essential activities allowed by the order include attending religious services, recreational activities like biking, running, fishing or hunting (if following social distancing guidelines), taking care of a pet or caring for a loved one or friend. Restaurants may remain open but can only provide food via drive-thru, take out or delivery. Dining in is not allowed.

The travel distance from Key West to Pensacola is more than 800 miles.  There are many areas where COVID-19 is not a strong issue. The coronavirus issues within Florida are regionally located with urban hubs showing greatest impact.

This entry was posted in Air Travel, Big Government, Coronavirus, Economy, Infectious Disease, media bias, Transportation, Travel, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

147 Responses to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Modified Stay-Home Order…

1. The Devilbat says:

We are allowed to go fishing except they have closed the beaches so we can’t fish !!!

2. GB Bari says:

Not surprising. This was just a matter of time after New Yorkers scrammed out of their self-caused Progressive Mecca and raced off to infect other states with their stupidity.

• The two cases in Bedford County PA came from people who wintered over in Florida and came back.

• Osugagal says:

Georgia’s Republican Kemp just issued a statewide stay at home order. I was already under one because I live in a suburb of Atlanta and we had one imposed Saturday night. Essential activities only. No dining in restaurants, take out only. We be a number of hot spots across the states but some rural areas are still virus free.

• Hillabeast says:

Drove by the grocery store today and saw 2 auto transport trucks unloading cars, everyone had a NY or NJ tag on them. They ship their cars and then sneak in.

• GB Bari says:

To be fair, a lot of snow birds do that in normal times. Older folks do not like that long drive or folks may have medical issues that preclude anything beyond a 2 or 3 hour flight.

The Amtrak Auto Train only runs between Lorton VA to just north of Orlando FL.
        Folks who live more than a few hours from Lorton and/or have their homes in other areas of the state must use other commercial transport services to mover their vehicles to FL.

3. TexanInFL says:

I love my Governor, my local piece of garbage newspaper, The Pensacola News Journal, owned by USA TODAY, nonstop bashes he and our POTUS…was trashing him once again today for not telling stupid people to stay put. We need to pray for our leaders that are trying to stand against this attempt to ruin America. It scares me to see how effective they are.

• FL_GUY says:

Back when the Pensacola News (morning) and Pensacola Journal (evening) were not owned by the Gannett group, they were still lefty trash, totally out of touch with the people. The only change that Gannett made when they took them over was to drop to one paper per day; they didn’t have to change anything else. All the local commies/lefties worked there already. Even as a child, after I learned to read, could recognize it was a biased POS paper.

The media-rats want the R governors to sabotage themselves like the stupid D-rats are doing. DeSantis is not playing along and is doing nothing like those totalitarian bastards in the blue states.

• Linda K. says:

We have been under stay and shelter for two weeks here in California. My county has only 85 cases, 17 are in hospital. All essential work continues. Restaurants might want to sell their retail food supply like groceries do, as Sundance pointed out Texas has allowed, in order to keep up business. Our Church has gone online, with zoom.

• peace says:

The more I read,the more I have come to believe that all, or most all, local newspapers are political hit pieces against conservatives. I no longer believe anything I see in the paper that is related to politics. I read for local events, recipes etc. That’s it.

4. Perot Conservative says:

Sanitation and recycling work is also typically exempted.

Did I hear Lancet says our communication (?) rate of the virus may be .66?

Estimates have been anywhere from 1 to 2 (a disaster). “2” meaning every infected person, passes it to 2 people.

.66 would be wonderful news!

5. calbear84 says:

This makes a lot of sense to me, given that the vast majority of ICU admissions have been people with significant preexisting health issues and / or those over age 70.

• Dutchman says:

One might THINK such an order would be unnecesary, as it should be obvious that those who are ‘vulnerable’would have already figured out they need to do as outlined in the Govenors order, already.

Unfortunately, one would be wrong.
      I have neighbors just moved in next store. Both in 60’s, retired she is, while not ‘morbidly’obese, definetly ‘overweight’. He has health issues.

They recently had 3 small children, presumably grandkids, come and stay with them for several days.

I didn’t ask, but I think its highly unlikely that they had these grandkids quarantine for 14 days, prior to this visit.

I think they are libertards, little hints but nothing definitive.

Anyway, I am avoiding interactions with them as much as possible, and only from a distance.

Darwins award contestants, IMHO.

• Janie M. says:

Dutchman, keeping your distance is a good idea. As I have said to my now adult son… little kids are the germiest (is there such a word?) creatures. They don’t worry about hand hygiene or keeping their distance. When he was in elementary school I could count on him getting a cold/flu through out the years.

Once he contracted chicken pox, so I had to keep him at home. I was his custodial parent and a working mom so I was only able to stay home with him for just a few days. He, fortunately, complied with my mandate that he remain AT home during this period. His friends were in school so he had no playmates.

• Dutchman says:

Day care centers are pietre dishes, no doubt about it. On keeping him home, reminded of a couple in my Toughlove group (I was co-ordinator of, once,upon a time). Both worked, and so how to “ground” their children?
          They turned on the burglar alarm, and kids didn’t know the code. If they opened door or window, parents would get a call.
          It worked,…

6. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“The objective of the order is to isolate further spread; and keep containment over the Broward/Miami-Dade (southern Florida) area where NY/NJ travelers have arrived on the eastern coast.”

If they get sick down there, how about shipping them back up here for “treatment”?

7. dwpender says:

Innumerable international and domestic travelers were flying into and out of Miami and Orlando well into mid-March. I suspect that any in-depth tracing analysis would reveal that far more of Florida’s cases came from abroad and/or from many other States than from allegedly “fleeing” Americans from NY and NJ.

I’m very disappointed in DeSantis. Now a prominent Republican Governor and Trump ally has joined the list of potentates issuing Regal Edicts, and converting his State into a totalitarian police one. I hope this does not presage such action by POTUS on a national scale.

• Hans says:

Not really it my opinion.. for the most part it’s like Swiss cheese there are all sorts of exception.. no where the draconian measures in other states…

Let’s face it once this is over the same 10 Democrats will try to make him out as a dictator for taking these measures…

• TwoLaine says:

Super Bowl LIV.

• TwoLaine says:

NASCAR Daytona.

• jimrockfish says:

Same in Arizona as of yesterday. Ducey is a RINO but I didn’t expect it. Sorry you great Floridians are going through this now as well. We are all in it together, we will come through it together. Hang tough Florida peeps.

• Julie says:

I was surprised Ducey did another order, but it doesn’t seem too different than the one on 3/27. School campuses are closed for elementary and high school, but they have to go online. Essential activities include outdoor recreation. Restaurants and bars are open unless there was a confirmed COVid-19 case. He wants people to practice social distancing and work from home, but the order does say that no one has to provide proof of their activities. All until April 30.

So, I think he followed Trump on the timeline. But nothing like Virginia, etc. I think he caved to pressure from many mayors and doctors, but the result of his order is pretty close to what we already were doing from what I saw in the orders and ADHS site.

• jimrockfish says:

Julie- I was just thinking about what you wrote. After reading all the businesses and activities deemed “essential” by Big Brother, it could be a lot worse for us here in Arizona. Some other states really have gone full on dictatorship.

Still wonder when a business or individual will sue due to these orders being unconstitutional. We don’t lose our constitutional rights because people are getting sick.

• Amy2 says:

I trust DeSantis. I know he was trying to hold out, but South Florida could hurt the rest of us. His list of essential services and activities is pretty generous. People need to be out in the sun and fresh air. That said, things are pretty normal still here in northern Florida. We had a few older folks today with masks on, so good for them. Pretty sturdy stock here in rural country.

I use hand sanitizer in between customers and we clean the counters, baskets, carts, door handles, bathroom, etc. every hour. ‘just want them to know we are doing our best to keep them safe while shopping, and giving them a little social interaction while we tell them sorry, we are out of…..

8. Robert Schecter says:

Sad no ones stands up to this lunacy

• FrankieZee says:

So if I go for a walk down by the bay in St Pete I am going to be arrested? And I voted for him. This shit is going to happen again in Late Sept and the CORRUPT news will shut our economy down and go for on line voting so they can win the Presidency. So when does this BS stop?

• Dee says:

Robert, you can stand up against staying home. You can go out and live as you always have. This could all be a vast left wing conspiracy to shut down Trumps reelection effort. Yeah, lets go with that. There is no virus, there is no concern by hanging with the neighbors and having a BBQ and beer bash, party on. You could go to the Governors mansion and complain or easier write a note on the web. In short YOU can do something.

This could all be for naught and hurt our economy and country very badly. Or it may be a real killer and we did something that no one ever has done for dealing with the truly unknown and did the best by the people, we do not have those answers yet.

• Your Royal Highness says:

What a bunch of “patriots” we are…following the orders of our handlers little obedient little sheep. See how easy that was !!

• Amy2 says:

This sheep is marrying off her daughter this weekend. I’ll tell you how many people we had when it’s over!

• Bearlodgeblog says:

Congratulations!! I’m glad your strong child didn’t cancel and is adapting to keep her goals in front of her.

• Amy2 says:

We DID post pone the reception, but you have to have guests to have a good time and considering what I have tied up in caterers, dj and photographers, I’d like as many people to be there as possible!

Attendance number to follow. We all have to get our “papers” in order !! (Just kidding!)

9. jx says:

People may have noticed UV light in food handling establishments. UV kills bacteria, mold, and viruses.

The sun is a great source of UV!  Sunlight disinfects.

• TwoLaine says:

Yes, in fact that is what is being used in some cases to clean the masks and other PPE apparel.

• prtomr says:

^^^With this thought in mind, why close those beautiful Florida beaches?

• Rhoda R says:

Because, during Spring Break, all those teenagers coming down from the north were co-mingling at very much less that 6 feet apart. IE. The beaches were packed. Hotel/motel rooms were packed. Just about the only way to control that was to close down the beaches (attractive nuisances) and encourage all those kids to go back home. Beaches on the northern Gulf Coast weren’t closed down that I have heard.

• Jim Burton says:

The sun is also a great source for vitamin D which most seem to agree is essential for health.

• BigG says:

UVC kills viruses (and harms people) It’s a very small percentage of sunlight. Don’t rely on short term sunlight sterilization.

• BigG says:

I built a sterilization chamber for our mail and face masks using a 254 nm UVC bulb. These should not be used unprotected, except in a shielded container. Labs use countertop open sterilizes at this wavelength but require eye protection and it’s at a lower power lever than water sterilization bulbs (what’s available on the internet)

• Snow White says:

Great 🙄🙄I am frankly fed up with this. I thought our governor had more sense.

• TreeClimber says:

I got the impression, from the beach-closing order, that he was basically saying “You morons, now you’ve ruined it for the rest of us!” That’s certainly how I feel, I was hoping to take my family to the beach during this silliness.

• Mari in SC says:

Not quite all non-essential businesses (the quilting and other stores in town are still open). Close contact businesses are closed – gyms, nail, hair, and threading salons, massage places, barber shops, nightclubs, museums, aquariums, etc. I believe he is trying to keep small businesses afloat.

If the teens and young aduktsv(mostly but not exclusively) had kept their distance, we could have the beaches and waterways open.

10. Hans says:

Florida has a website with all the information.. a sub link has all the data by county.. then it’s broken down to cases in local areas.. no need to shut down the whole state. 143 Page report.

Hang in there Governor

The main web site https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/#latest-stats

11. TwoLaine says:

How bad is Miami, where the Super Bowl was held at the beginning on Feb 2, a couple of days after President TRUMP closed travel to China?

• c gen says:

57% of all FL cases are located in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Not only the SuperBowl but also a major international hub and NY/NJ people fled here! It is a liberal cesspool of the state….Broward County is where the school shooting took place. No doubt some fine people live there but they can have it!

12. gingergal says:

It’s just common sense to limit movement of seniors and those with pre-existing conditions. It should have been done from the very beginning.

• littleflower481 says:

Excuse me I am a senior citizen who is healthier than most people not senior citizens. Talk about age discrimination. I hike twice a week and I am not talking about a walk in the park. I have hiked some of the most technically difficult trails here. There is no way I am going to be forced into a sedentary lifestyle. I guess they can arrest me and throw me in jail. I do not live in Florida but it is so grossly unfair. This is outrageous. I still work!

• JohnCasper says:

Chuck Norris is 80. If he is as feisty as you, they’ll have to lock him up to. Or try … …

• JohnCasper says:

First they came for the 60 year olds, but I was not 60, so I did not object. Then they came for the 50 year olds, but I was not 50, so I did not object. Then they came for the 40 year olds, but I was not 40, so I did not object. Then they came for the 30 year olds, but I was not 30, so I did not object. Then they came for the 20 year olds, but I was not 20, so I did not object. Then they came for the 10 year olds, but I was not 10, so I did not object. Then they came for me in kindergarten and threw me in the slammer too.

• gingergal says:

It just makes more sense to limit the movement of those who are vulnerable to the virus rather than shutting down the entire state or country.

• KnowSERENoFear says:

Excuse me…limit the movement…vulnerable to the virus???? Kinda arbitrary! HUH???? Every American has the Natural right to move freely. Who is to decide otherwise? Am I to be discriminated against based on my “vulnerability?” It’s my damn life and I’ll do what I want with it….reap the benefits…or suffer the consequences for my actions. One can chose to risk exposure or stay in shelter…BUT that decision certainly does NOT lie with government! Death is a certainty to all…part of the cycle of life….within our Creator’s plan…and can NOT be eliminated by government. Personally, I’d prefer to live life at the risk of exposure to this shamdemic than wait for the next wave of oppression and tyranny while “sheltered” in the “safety” of my home.

• Well, the President is more vulnerable as is most of congress. Shut them all down I guess

• c gen says:

A lot of us “seniors” weren’t raised on fast food and remember the milk man leaving bottled milk at the door with the cream on top! No pasteurized crappy milk back then! We didn’t eat much processed food because there wasn’t much! I remember Gorton fish sticks as a kid for lent and the occasional Morton chicken pot pie. We had plenty of outdoor activity and not glued to computer screens!

Many of our younger generation now have pre and/or diabetes, high blood pressure and thyroid issues. They also have asthma and allergy issues.

So yes, in many respects many seniors are in better health than youngsters! My dad recently passed at 92 yo. He lived on his own in his own home all the way to the end and only stopped driving 2 months before he passed. I pray I do as well as he did!

• Rhoda R says:

I am a senior, over 70 and with existing chronic health conditions and live in Florida. I don’t need a government edict to avoid crowds, wash my hands and take other normal precautions against this or any other flu. The seasonal flu is still taking significantly more people than the Wuhu flu (or as the President has threatened to call it, the CCP Flu.) and common sense is still the best protection.

• Mari in SC says:

Planning to let them starve? I am a senior citizen, in good shape and do not take any prescriptions. Just because the majority of diagnosed cases may be senior citizens does NOT mean the majority or even a significant portion of them will catch this and require hospitalization.

• I guess that means the President of the US cannot go to Florida; neither can Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer and most of the Supreme Court. I guess if you are old and inmportant then you can do what you want, but if you are a normal human being you must be feeble sick and stupid.

• ms doodlebug says:

I’m just amazed that after all the whining about our social security we are suddenly so valuable that trillions of dollars are being spent to save us. Call me suspicious but I suspect it’s because the golden oldies in our government are worried about themselves. It just sounds more virtuous for them to say they’re worried about us.

• Your Royal Highness says:

It’s just common sense to worry about yourself and not try to dictate what others should be doing in a free society! Thank you!

13. simplewins says:

Thank you Gov. DeSantis for not following the other governors. This is ok by me. I keep reading nonsense from other people here in Florida asking for this order to force people to stay at home. It’s silly, just stay at home if you want. How does MY staying at home affect them? I only go out for groceries anyway. If someone wants to barricade themselves at home, go ahead. Our fellow citizens can be complete ass wipes. I’m sorry for the rant.

14. Angus D says:

Covid-19: 3,000 dead, only 197,000 to go to please the Dr’s model
    suckers!

15. JohnCasper says:

“The Florida order requires all senior citizens and individuals with a “significant underlying medical condition” to limit movements & remain at home.”

Why is it, that when I read this, the first thing that came to mid was Joe Biden. Followed by Hillary Clinton.

Then followed by Fauci and Birx. That would be on the basis that “significant underlying medical condition” would include Chicken Little Syndrome, also know as Scarification and Doomsdayitis.

16. boomerbeth says:

The “St Louis” 2.0 has put POTUS in a corner.

Best to convert the ship to a floating hospital & airlift the healthy back to Buenos Aires.
    The few Americans can be helicoptered to a hospital,for evaluation.

The Zaandam began its South American voyage from Buenos Aires, Argentina, on March 7 and was originally scheduled to end the sailing in San Antonio, Chile, March 21.

In 1939, Roosevelt turned away the St Louis. The passengers primarily Jewish returned to Europe to their death by concentration camp.

As it is now, the Boston Globe is accusing Trump of blood on his hands because they can’t handle his popularity.

17. yadent says:

From the executive order: ‘in order to slow down COVID-19’, in other words to ‘flatten the curve’. Have we forgotten what ‘flatten the curve’ actually means??? It is NOT to reduce the total number of infections but to SPREAD them out OVER TIME. The total number of infections expected will be the same today as it is 6 months for now. 100 million now or 100 million in 6 months for example. ‘Flatten the curve’ will also not decrease the total number of seriously ill COVID-19 patients that require an ICU and ventilator, only spread them out over time. Social restrictions will NOT change that total number. They were never meant to. Restrictions are to preserve hospital capacity by spreading infections over time. That is all ‘flatten the curve’ was ever meant to do. PERIOD.
    Now the kicker. Data coming in from all over is showing that if ventilation is required for this infection, survival rates upon removal from that ventilator are around 10-15%.
    One must ask honestly themselves, to cause economic and actual physical hardship to 10’s of millions of Americans for an infection that, if bad, has a walk out of hospital rate of 10-15%, with potential deaths upwards of 120,000, Is the cure worse than the disease??

• boomerbeth says:

Irwin Allen would have had a great time remaking this man-made disaster.

James Cameron should consider: “Terminator 3: CHINA UNLEASHED”

• Dutchman says:

yadent,
      You do an admirable job of focusing in on the THREAT of this disease, and how the mitigation effort is intended to address that threat.
      It is not the death rate from the disease, it is the,TIME FRAME for the deaths/seriously ill, and its the risk that the hospitals will become overwhelmed with cases.

IF that happens, in a large city or region, all the ‘normal’ functions of a hospital cease to happen.

So, women in labor, heart attack/stroke victims, auto accident, fall injuries, gunshot, stabbing or beating victims, work injuries, ‘routine’but necesary surgeries, it ALL comes to a roaring, screaching halt.

The healthcare system is ESSENTIAL infrastructure; which means without it, society begins to malfunction, and break down.

Its just like the power grid, or the internet, or the necesary supply chains Sundance has written about in such detail.

So, instead of “imagine you turn on the light switch, and nothing happens” (poeer grid down) which of coarse means all of the food in your refigerator/freeser rots) ,…”imagine calling 911, and nobody answers” and includes your Dr telling you “you NEED this surgery, or your gonna DIE, but I cannot find a hospital accepting patients!”

So, “is the treatment (shut down non ezsential activity, stay inside etc.) WORSE than NOT? In order to answer that question, one needs to evaluate what “NOT ” truly looks like.

Suggesting alternative ‘treatments” or ‘responces’such as having “only those who are vulnerable” self-quarantine is a mental excercise, equivalent to “suppose JFK hadn’t been assasinated”; its a hypothetical that can never be proven or disproven.

And, quite frankly IMHO what we are,seeing, not only on these pages but elsewhere, is a lot of that river in Egypt; Denial. Also known as ‘self-deception’, it operates very similar to manipulation, except instead of from external source, its internal.

Strong emotional responce ‘shuts down’ critical thinking, causing it to go “mute”. Without its input, questioning thoughts or ideas, we detirmine (incorrectly) that such thoughts or ideas are ‘valid”.

This is the essence of TDS, and no one is totally immune to this, as its a basic aspect of how our brains work.

I have personally seen and interacted with those told a loved one has suddenly died. The first words almost invariably are “NO!”

Some are only convinced when they view and touch the remains. For others, even this isn’t enough, as they insist “THAT is NOT my husband/brother/daughter (whatever)!”

It is preferable to believe this is all a sham, than to accept the reality that its real.

Time wounds all heals, I guess.

18. Hans says:

On the Tv this morning corona modeling for Florida. Projected morbidity. 6,000 cases state population. 22,000,000 that sure makes taking precaution advisable like looking both ways before crossing the street. You just don’t stop everyone from crossing the street.

As an added note the peak is projected to be April 6th. For Florida.

19. TwoLaine says:

OK, so that’s not unusual. I would expect the numbers to go up rapidly each day as we rapidly increase testing, testing alternatives, testing locations and lab capacity. No surprise there.

Cases? What are cases? Are these hospitalizations or people who tested positive and are feeling fine? Or tested positive, sick, yet OK enough to ride it out at home? VERY misleading. Give us real facts.

20. Tiffthis says:

I have a friend who works in baptist hospital in south miami. She says the hospitals are just 60% full which is normal on any given day. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• icthematrix says:

Reports here in SW Florida by Lee Health indicate a total hospital occupancy rate in the range of 70%. During “season” (this is typically heavy snowbird and tourist season up through Easter), 100%+ occupancy is normal.

ER’s in large cities are a zoo at times, with far too many panicked people showing up there.

Do the numbers. Here in Florida the average % confirmed positive of those tested for the virus (typically ALL are presenting with symptoms) is a tad over 10%. Hospitalizations from those tested positive are running 12.7%. Mortality rate as a percentage of all positive tests is currently 1.3%, but confident it is a lower actual number due to lack of testing availability early on.

More lethal than regular flu, but not justifiable to destroy our economy over. Practical solutions and practices have been in place a couple of weeks for most of the Florida large population centers. The estimates for this are still wildly exaggerated. I believe number of deaths will fall between 15 and 20K in the US, not 100K to 260K as claimed by the panic docs.

21. Somebody's Gramma says:

Big debate everywhere on whether or not these “stay at home” orders are Constitutional. I’ve read both sides of it. Personally, I self-isolated early on because I am high risk. People who are afraid demand that “the government do something!” Then there are people who take responsibility themselves and do something for themselves. Then there are the people who care not for anyone else and do whatever they please whenever they want. Those are the problem people. Personally, I appreciate the orders because our small towns were getting over run by people fleeing the urban areas, wiping out our grocery stores, and bringing the virus with them. I know the orders are temporary and that we have a public health crisis, so they don’t bug me so much.

• logicforoneandall says:

Just remember you will be in the first train car.

• I have a wife and two of my three kids that have asthma and other autoimmune issues. They are regularly self-quarantined for many months of the year, especially during cold and flu and mountain cedar season, from around mid December to April 1st. One of my kids is permanently home schooled for this reason.

The point is that those that are vulnerable should self-quarantine, and the rest of the population should be able to go about their lives. Don’t destroy everyone’s lifestyles and livelihoods due to those few that are vulnerable.

• Your Royal Highness says:

How is it selfish not to adhere to government house arrest??? What have we been doing all of our lives. WE make the decisions not the government! There are germs around ALL OF THE TIME, how come everyone isn’t sick 100%of the time?? Build up your immunity and stop eating crap corporate foods, take supplements and exercise. I am not going to be bullied by scaredy cat germaphobe police state types. I am NOT giving up my freedom because of a virus that is not even half of what it is being made out to be. If someone has a poor immune system and has underlying health issues then they need to figure out what precautions they need to take on their own…not because some goverment commie jerk dictator tells them what to do!!!! Our founding fathers fought for what?????

22. WeThePeople2016 says:

23. dufrst says:

The Left wants a disaster in Texas and Florida so that they can take over. It’s always politics with them. It’s a shame. They will never rest until they rule. We can’t let that happen. I applaud Governor DeSantis for taking prudent and commonsense steps in FL and Governor Abbott.

The Left is always pushing a one size fit all deal. It doesn’t fit all and we need to approach this virus situation differently.

I will say that the hatred of Donald Trump has driven the globalist to the most brazen plot in human history. I can’t believe the numbers. How did South Korea contain this but we can’t all of a sudden? Are we really going to have millions of cases while South Korea only has less than 10,000? Japan only has 2700 cases. What the hell is going on here? Now the EU has 2 times our cases and 8-9 times the amount of deaths, but we are moving up rapidly. It’s crazy! And the mortality rates is climbing too. It went from 1.3% to now 2.2%.

We really need to pray. The globalist and the Left have gone over the edge and they won’t turn back. They are exercising their authoritarian muscles and they are learning how to install a tyranny over our proud country. We have one champion in Trump, but they’ve subdued him with their models of doom. Trump I believe knows he’s boxed in and is trying to do something with the hydroxychloroquine but who is putting the numbers out every day? How do we know the numbers are true? It’s really scary.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“who is putting the numbers out every day? How do we know the numbers are true? It’s really scary.”

Graham Ledger at One America News does not believe those numbers and neither do I.

IMO, PDJT may being “fed” the wrong information by the deep state resistance.

• John Good says:

Great Post dufrst! I suspected this was “Leftist BS” soon after it first came out & the more the MSM lies to us daily with their “fake news”, the less credibility they will have in a REAL time of crisis! Who the hell believes anything the MSM says anymore?

I am 66 & retired & have always used common-sense in my life.

My biggest concern is all the other idiots out there who have no concern about others. Today I filmed a woman about 30, soliciting people in the parking lot at Sebring Square in Sebring FL. She was trying to hustle her cakes to anyone in the parking lot! I filmed her selling a cake to a couple guys & asked the woman at Winn Dixie IF she knew about the woman in the parking lot.

She told me that Winn Dixie had called the police a couple times, but were told that the police could not do anything because the landlord did not complain! I was confronted by the same woman & a black woman in the same parking lot BEFORE the China Virus Scare, told them no & heard a comment about Canadians being too cheap to buy their cakes!

I’ll try to upload my video to You Tube tonight & I’ll post it tomorrow if it uploads OK.

24. Scrapiron says:

I am fearless and able to take care of myself. At 63 years old and in good health, having worked in healthcare for over 30 years, I don’t need anyone telling me to stay home or, wash my hands and avoid crowds. I weary at this.

25. amwick says:

Gov Kemp just announced something similar for GA.. He will have the details soon. I live in a county with 0 instances of c19. He said that it is until April 13

26. Mars says:

I am a healthy 66 year old Snowbird still in FL. Guess they will have to tie me up because I still plan trips to the grocery stores. This is totally out of hand. Thanks Sundance for keeping us sane. Best wishes to all.

27. TEWS_Pilot says:

Does this order absolve the arrested pastor(s) and allow them to conduct in-house church services and EXPUNGE their arrest records?

28. Publius2016 says:

DeSantis is now in the running for 2024…had to join…45 knows!

29. CM-TX says:

The local radio stations do these hourly Corona-Gaslighting updates & the Death-Scorecards here in FL. Last night I caught one announcing there were 2 new FL deaths yesterday.

IIRC, one was someone in 50’s or 60’s who had recently been to Ecuador [or other country]. The other was in their 90’s, but they could not identify the source of exposure. Unfortunate, yes.

However, we already know they’re contributing any death (supposedly if positive) to Corona, & negating other existing conditions/ diseases/ cancer/ hospitalizations.

1. I want to see the race/ethnicity of each supposed death. It’s important in the longterm overall evaluation.
    2. I also want to see an independent team of (real) medical examiners doing autopsies by random sampling from each State. Then release each & every finding to the Public.

Also the Models being used are flawed. Why? B/c they are subject to the accuracy of data that’s being entered to calculate predictions.

So the moron who admitted he was WRONG for the 2.2m hype that triggered the chaos… claims he altered it down to 200k by adding only “social distancing” to his original equation.

Well guess what else he’s now forgotten to include– the impact of a medicinal treatment known to work! One they tried their best to bury from the public. If you don’t think that impacts the bottomline #’s, you aren’t very good at Math & critical thinking.

How many of these same Models are proven wrong in their projections repeatedly? See Weather forecasts/Natural Disasters, Global Cooling/warming, Aids, Climate Change, etc… It’s not a Science based upon Facts.

Until then, not buying the hype or BS.

Also here’s a reality check for Desantis he might want to consider:

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Until then, not buying the hype or BS.”

Oh, like the video of alleged bodies being moved from hospitals into refrigerated semi trailers by forklifts on the national evening news?

30. yadent says:

If one were to HONESTLY think about the GENERAL social restrictions as a result of ‘flattening the curve’ policy, the PRIMARY goal is not to prevent infection but to ensure that a ICU bed with ventilator is available in order to save 10-15% of all who require that bed & vent. For this we are willingly hopping into the boxcars………

31. The exemptions to this order make it a Stay-At-Home suggestion .. if you feel like it.
    I’m in Daytona Beach (70 degrees / sunny) and can predict that most peeps won’t feel like.

• joshashland says:

So this directly states that seniors may NOT participate in essential activities or services?
      Somewhat confusing to this fit, 65 year old who wants to ride a bike occasionally and walk my dog daily.
      I’d also like to once a week pick up some fresh food if possible without facing a $500.00 fine.

32. Magabear says:

The left doesn’t care about your health (the more deaths the better for their orange man bad cause), but they do want as much damage done to the economy as possible, thus the hysterical cries to lock everything down.

The left knows that a sizeable part of the conservative base does not want the economy wrecked in the cause of fighting off a virus and that some will be very upset with a GOP governor who goes ahead with some form of a lockdown, thus the real reason why the media and demonrats want the lockdowns.

It’s all politics, folks.

33. Abolt says:

As Sundance likes to say, “this is all chaff and countermeasures “. All anyone has to do is look at the deaths from influenza THIS YEAR and compare to Covid. The numbers are way higher, and they are similar every year. And yet we never shut down the economy before. I live in central Florida and have 3 family members that work at 3 different hospitals. In all 3 it is basically business as usual. Sure they have a few cases. But they’re not overwhelmed or stacking bodies up like cordwood. So ask yourself, why is this happening now? The answer is to get Trump. No other rational reason.

34. ed bernay says:

I love this website and I’m thankful for all of the info I have learned here. I try to spread this info to anyone who I think might benefit.

As a Pennsylvanian I have posted links to articles here on my local state senators FB page and Governor Wolf’s page. I suspect that FB or Governor Wolf’s aides are blocking links I post to CTH and my other posts that are counter to their corona virus narrative. Governor Wolf has shut down business in PA and has put a lot of people out of work. If you have a chance, please visit the Governor Wolf’s FB page and let people know in a nice way about this website and how the democrats and media are using the virus to crash the Trump economy.

35. allenrizzi says:

We are under “stay at home”orders here in North Carolina but there are inconsistencies that don’t make sense. You can’t go to a restaurant with 20 people but it’s okay to mingle with 1,500 people at Walmart. Gyms are closed but golf courses are open. State forests are closed but local parks are open. There are more exceptions than there are rules. Confusing and ineffective in the end I’m afraid.

• Magabear says:

The closed gyms thing is maddening to me. Why can’t they at least allow gyms to have members reserve a certain time to be at the gym and keep it to 10 people or so being there at any given time? In fact, when I would go at about 9pm, there rarely was even 10 people there.

Whenever this lockdown stuff is over, there may not be many gyms still in business to go to.

• Well,here in NC, they closed all of the city parks. The National Parks/Forests have closed facilities and camping sites, but trails are open. One thing that led to all of these closures is the millinials did not obey keeping the distance. The local newspaper published pictures of people playing frisbees with groups of others, jogging with others, etc. In terms of stores, I agree that something is strange here. The employees at Walmart, the grocery stores, etc are there every day and NO ONE is getting sick. I asked today and they all said no one has gotten sick. Why is that?

36. Rock Knutne says:

The only ‘curve’ they’re trying to flatten is the curve of President Trump’s popularity.

37. bunky says:

If I wanted an idiot to run Florida I would have voted for the sleeze gillum.
    Instead, I got the pretend conservative.

38. JAS says:

Florida just went ballistic today – just checked the 7:00pm numbers. 7773 cases in Florida as of now. That was an increase of 973 cases in one day…..

39. Boots says:

That was an increase of 973 cases in one day…..
    —-
    That’s what “they” told you. I don’t believe it.

40. sarasotosfan says:

If any governor was serious, they would demand at least a $.50 increase in gas taxes.

With gas now under $2, it would behoove them to address this if they really want an effective stay-at-home order.

41. sunnyflower5 says:

42. C.S. Thoughts says:

My home State of Florida is “closing down” to ensure social distancing.
    However I can still book and take travel by air to/from any Florida airport.
    How is exercising socially distancing practiced while being crammed into an airplane?

43. leavemygunsalone says:

Near about everything is “essential”. Are they going to follow you home to see if you needed food or that gas and bag of chips from the convenience store?

44. thetrain2016 says:

We live in Hudson, Pasco County. As of today Pasco County had 42 Chinese Virus cases and 2 deaths. It’s a big county, the chances to get the virus is pretty low, and people acting accordingly, and rationally.
    We live on a lake about 3 miles from the Gulf. My wife and I drove to Hudson Beach (crappy beach, but amazing coastal view) to watch the sunset. We were not alone, maybe another 50 cars? Over 100 people. Sam’s (one of the best coastal restaurant on earth) is closed, no dinner, no beer, but people around still enjoying life. After the sun disappeared in the Gulf we drove to the marina. There’s another good seafood restaurant, but they’re not 100% closed, they’re open for food (and beer) take-out. Wow! There were at least a dozen people on the deck, drinking beer, socializing while waiting for their order. Locals know, this Chinese import is going to fail as every other Chinese import do. Florida, America will be back soon.

45. Not wishing to put a target on the state I live in, or may not live in. The golf courses are considered essential. Thank God for the common sense of our great governor…ahhh…Cuomo. Yeah. That’s his name.