On Friday March 27th Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer threatened to revoke the medical licenses of doctors and pharmacists who prescribe hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus in Michigan.  Four days later, March 31st, the same governor asks the federal government to send her hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. Go figure.

MICHIGAN – […] “We want to ensure that doctors have the ability to prescribe these medicines,” she said. “We also want to make sure that the people who have prescriptions that predated COVID-19 have access to the medication they need. And so all of the work that we’ve done is trying to strike that balance.”

In its approval letter, the FDA wrote that “[b]ased on the totality of scientific evidence available to FDA, it is reasonable to believe that chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate may be effective in treating COVID-19.”

“When used under the conditions described in this authorization, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate when used to treat COVID-19 outweigh the known and potential risks of such products,” FDA Chief Scientist Denise M. Hinton wrote in the approval letter. (more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Dem Hypocrisy, Infectious Disease, Magical Thinking, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, propaganda, States, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

243 Responses to Michigan Democrat Governor Asks Feds for Hydroxychloroquine to Treat Coronavirus, Four Days After Banning Use…

1. RAC says:

When all this type of thing is saved there’s going to be enough material to make an election documentary, too much to fit in a short advert.

• John-Y128 says:

…but how many liberal minds will be changed in MI and elsewhere, surprised there hasn’t been a ‘recall’ for this ‘in-over-her-head, partisan Governor.

• littleanniefannie says:

Cue Scarecrow singing “If I Only Had a Brain”

• gz9gjg says:

We are too busy self-quarantining right now, but the reckoning will come! Gov Gretchie is d as dangerously as autocratic, can’t work with the legislature . . .

• Caius Lowell says:

‘In-over-her-head, partisan Governor’ Gretchen Whitmer — pretty much says it all…

• orange julius says:

I think she’s pretty much been keeping her head down to prove how serious she is …. so that she can be reelected (or run as vice prez) and do things that are absolutely bat-sh###t crazy. She and the lunatic atty general (who got elected saying “I’m the only one on this stage without a p e n i s” – she literally said that) make me sick.

2. Angus D says:

I saw this morning that Creeper Joe wants to pick this witch as his VP. Seems legit…

• Cal Peters says:

The Groper and the #HalfWhit. Seems like a match made in heaven!!

• FrankieZee says:

Her political career is over. There is only 2 reasons why she did this. Because the D RAT Gov of Nevada reversed the exact decision on this firs,t or the overwhelmingly negative heat she got for doing this. her national political ambitions are over. Dementia Joe will have to look for another ASS CLOWN.

• flyboy46 says:

Dementia Joe won’t even be running for dog catcher. This dim wit should join him in the dementia unit at the local nursing home.

• Linda K. says:

I hope he does pick her.

• Pokey says:

The Demcommies have no intention of running Joe Biden for anything. The sick joke is that Biden’s senility has advanced to the point where he doesn’t have any idea what they are using him for. We are in the middle of the Communist play for complete control of our country. Joe Biden is far from being the only dupe.

• sturmudgeon says:

His senility act is being done so that he never has to face the many corruption charges.

• DaughterofLiberty says:

Correct! And why do you suppose Cuomo gets national coverage DAILY??? Any other governor giving daily pressers and receiving the coverage he’s getting? Nope. He’ll be the nominee at a brokered convention – despite his lie that he’s not ‘running’. The Demonrats know they’re toast with Bite Me Joe. Andrew is their guy, who is well spoken (Libs like this – not being concerned with character, only outward appearances), and ‘looks presidential’, With this assumption in mind, it’ll likely be a tougher race than we expected.

• frangelica1 says:

Not many people, even in his state, like Governor Cuomo. It has become obvious to everyone watching out here, that this is a deliberate attempt to give Cuomo exposure by the media and democrats for the Dem’s change of their Presidential nominee to represent their party. I am in NJ now and you never see Governor Murphy on the air at all and all you see is Cuomo – I despise both of them!

• corkyboyd says:

She changed her mind because Michigan has had a fast rising number of Covid-19 deaths. Yesterday Michigan had 75 deaths, second only to the State of New York. It’s hard to do that, but she succeeded.

3. Skip says:

She must have had a Jesus moment after someone told her the facts of life….

• wildsailor2018 says:

She did not cancel the threat to pull licenses away from anyone that prescribes it. Sounds like she wants some so, in true Demonrat fashion, she can have the power to choose who gets it and who dies.

• John-Y128 says:

It’ll just go unenforced and forgotten, she surly wasn’t going to apologies, for her sake, she should hope she doesn’t need that medication from her PCP for Covid-19 treatment.

• John-Y128 says:

Liberals never have a come to Jesus moment, but Satan might of suggested the 180 degree turnaround for political reasons.

4. laurelmarycecilia says:

Remember in Young Frankenstein the Marty Felder hunchback character ?/……….. “hump what hump” That’s this bimbo !

5. Toenail says:

I hope the voters of Michigan understand that elections do have consequences.

• John-Y128 says:

Evidently Rick ‘effen’ Snyder left a bad taste in Michiganders mouths.

• MR52 says:

Yes, that is the case, Snyder was awful according to my friends in Michigan. It was hold your nose vote because Snyder was so bad. Michigan economy with bad roads just further made his problems worst. With the Flint water crisis on his hands, be was toast. Surprising few people really understand the Flint water crisis but it was basically bad manage by the Flint water council and greedy Detroit.

• John-Y128 says:

Indeed, both Flint and Detroit are run by democrats, but I lived thru Gov Snyder ‘republican’ shtick, he sucked, and his replacement was milquetoast.

6. CharterOakie says:

Well, that sounds like something that someone named Gretchen Half Whitmer would do.

7. Bluejay says:

She would have been good at running a Nazi concentration camp.

8. LCPUSA says:

we’re calling her adolph whitmer here in michigan….

and we are shoving this up her fascist rear end

9. Bulldog84 says:

She was literally reading books to kids on Twitter yesterday during a pandemic. Think about that — kids aren’t on Twitter. Who cares if March was Reading Month right now? So who was the real audience for that pageant?

It’s like she’s carrying out a schedule that was prepared for her months ago before the poo hit the fan on the virus. She’s in denial, and her army of Obama rejects and flunkies is running the state and doing it poorly. You don’t threaten doctors during a pandemic.

10. Bob Parker says:

Oh gang!! Ain’t this just delicious?? Dumb-ass MI Governor who committed political suicide last Friday now want the RX mucho pronto President Trump!!

I will leave it to the other Treeper’s to comment on this Leftist Loon (By the Way, she’d be a GREAT VP running mate VP Biden!!)

As for me, I’m turning to the tunes to sum up this Whitless Whitmer.

Song #1 “Everybody Plays the Fool” (1972 by The Main ingredient)

Song #2 “Poor Little Fool” (1958 by Rick Nelson)

Song #3 This is what Whitless Whitmer must ask herself when looking in the mirror:

“What Kind of Fool Am I” (1989 by Anthony Newley) A song that lends itself to comments as to exactly the kind of fool Gov Whitless Whitmer is!!

This is Sammy Davis. rendition

Lyrics- Satirical by yours truly, Bob Parker

What kind of fool am I (Treepers please comment below)
    Who took advice from above
    It seems that I’m the only one
    That I have been thinking of

What kind of President is this
    An empty shell
    A lonely cell in which
    An empty heart must dwell

What kind of lips are these
    That lied with every word
    That whispered empty words of fear
    That left me feeling like a turd

Why can’t I do what’s right?
    Why can’t I give a damn
    And maybe then I’ll know
    What kind of fool I am

What kind of clown am I (Treepers please comment below)
    Who else on the right can I screw
    Why can’t I cast about
    All those who doubt
    And tell my people what to do

Why can’t I do what’s right?
    Why can’t I give a damn
    And maybe then I’ll know
    What kind of fool I am

11. Legion of One says:

She has the TDS bad.

12. Darren says:

TDS pure and simple. I see it everyday. So deep in visceral hate they can’t see the forest for the trees….

13. gz9gjg says:

Yup, she’s officially an ijjit. Can’t wait to vote her out . . .

14. Zydeco says:

I beg you. Send the Trump pill.

15. Tiredofleftist says:

I don’t remember Governor Whitmer calling the pharmaceutical companies to ask for these medicines. I am sure she would have told us. When the virus first hit Michigan her first comments were aimed at the federal Government for not helping us. You wanted the job. Its not the federal Governments job to tell you what to do. You Miss Whitmer were supposed to take the lead. The major difference between Leftist/Liberal/Democrats who want the Federal Government to handle everything and the Conservatives who think things should be handled on the state level. I understand their logic when I see the incompetence of Miss Whitmer, threatening Doctors really? How sad. she’ll never get my vote. Whitmer and Biden, they will lead us into trouble for sure .

16. TradeBait says:

smh at the dumbarse people in this country that vote for Dims. Hard to imagine, but there are tens of millions of people that hate their country, family and friends that much that they would vote for death cultists and village idiots to lead them.

• fangdog says:

Those who now vote for Dems are rather worthless people. They have very low ambition, motivation and willingness. They are the flotsam on a breaking wave. However, they can be a dangerous adversary for those who choose; Freedom, Liberty and Self-destiny.

Some are seeing the light and we can be the example. I do think after Trump is elected, we will see Indictments of the wrong doers and the much needed answers to accountability.

17. Dances with Wolverines says:

Pride goeth before the fall

18. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

“stand in line bitch”

19. iwasthere says:

Just wait until she finds out hydroxychloroquine also treats TDS. /sarc.

20. 180daysofkindergarten says:

Whitmer has made me feel a little bit better. I thought our dimwit Kate Brown was the bottom of the barrel. Apparently she has an intellectual twin. The Dems in both states will absolutely vote for these two puppets again. It’s all about the D. The stunning thing to me is that these governors all seem to be running by a playbook. That makes me sick. Although not as sick and Gretchen as VP.

• Ninja7 says:

180days… That’s why it is called the Deep State. Not being snarky, it appears that they are local, state, etc. Depending on well they do they move from local to state, to national office. Or they get moved to foreign service.

21. wee2low says:

Me thinks that the boomerang is finally turning around. Hey evil doers! Soon…

22. bea12gle says:

THIS MORON SHOULD BE IMPEACHED BY THE PEOPLE OF MICHIGAN

23. bea12gle says:

THIS MORON SHOULD BE IMPEACHED BY THE PEOPLE OF MICHIGAN

24. bea12gle says:

This woman should be impeached by the citizens of Michigan

25. Snellvillebob says:

Her face made me think of Angela Merkel’s if she was ever young.

26. Breener says:

She has the same crazy eyes that they all do

27. NJ Transplant says:

I hope this hands Michigan to the President and John James in November.

28. frangelica1 says:

Admin – Could anyone tell me why I cannot like a post any longer and sometimes cannot like a comment? Have I done something wrong?

• Mo says:

Sometimes i have to log in to word press by commenting to a post using word press then i can like other peoples comments. gremlins

• frangelica1 says:

Thank you! Was able to post a comment and like others comments but still cannot like Sundance’s posts. I always like them before looking at the comments but for some reason – it won’t accept my like there! Crazy!

29. Bob Hart says:

I have asked my State Rep to call for an Impeachment of Gov. Whitmer. Everyone here needs to do so as well. By trying to spread the virus as far and as wide as possible, and at same time withholding a known cure, this is both reckless endangerment and treason. We need to restore rule of law.

30. John Corey says:

She makes Morticia Adams look like Trish Regan

31. Screaming Eagle says:

In a battle of wits, Gretchen is considered unarmed….

32. RedSoloCup says:

She is indeed a dead ringer for Nurse Ratched.

33. RedSoloCup says:

She’s reason women make terrible politicians. Too emotional.

34. steph_gray says:

I have a vague memory of a third governor who also tried to outlaw the HCQ cocktail simply because PDJT spoke well of it.

MI – Gretchen Whitmer, backtracked in 4 days
    NV – Steve Sisolak – has he backtracked?

And was there a third such state, or was it just one of my now recurring China Virus nightmares?

35. Dee Paul Deje says:

She was for hydroxychloroquine before she was against it.

36. Frederick says:

Michigan Gov Whitmer’s father was a big shot on the Board of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for decades. Whitmer collected thousands in campaign funds from Blue Cross employees and those they insured.

37. rmstock says:

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial
    Philippe GAUTRET, Jean Christophe LAGIER, Philippe PAROLA, Van Thuan HOANG, Line MEDDED, Morgan MAILHE, Barbara DOUDIER, Johan COURJON, Valerie GIORDANENGO, Vera ESTEVES VIEIRA, Herve TISSOT DUPONT, Stephane HONORE, Philippe COLSON, Eric CHABRIERE, Bernard LA SCOLA, Jean Marc ROLAIN, Philippe BROUQUI, Didier RAOULT Sr.
    International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, Available online 20 March 2020, 105949, Article in press

• rmstock says:

A Frenchman commented the following :
      “That has been going on here in France for weeks. The treatment with hydroxychloroquine and azythrymicine is successfully carried out by Pr Raoult in Marseille.
      Administer at an early stage and after five days the patients happily walk out the door. 1 deceased person in 2000 treatments: a man aged 84.
      Hydroxychloroquine has been on the market since 1949 and is free of royalties. The treatment costs 25 cents per person.
      Coincidentally, this drug was removed from the “over the counter” drugs list by the French government in November 2019 (!) And placed on the “dangerous drugs” list.
      Remember that France has always had a left with Africa; so its loaded with people who have taken this drug for months if not years since 1949.
      After much ado it can now be administered BUT only in the last stage of the disease and NOT in combination with athrimytine, while Raoult clearly indicates that by then there is too much [corona]virus in the body to be combated in this way.
      And now you again …
      I’m not into the aluminum hats, but something is not right here.”
      — De Droit , 01-04-20

38. Caius Lowell says:

This woman is such a horrible leader and such a typical Democrat…

39. USA Citizen says:

Many doctors are already using Hydroxychloroquine and having great success, yet Dr. Fauci refuses to recognize this medicine as a cure for this virus. I’m beginning to think the doctor is enjoying himself and feels like a celebrity, so why spoil his fun. Also, he is a Democrat and I believe the Democrat party wants this epidemic to go on indefinitely so it would destroy President Trump’s reputation and hurt his chances of being our President for another term. I think most people think this epidemic was caused by China and the Democrat Party, because the Democrats didn’t succeed impeaching President Trump, which the Chinese leader also wanted, so China stepped in to hurt our country and President Trump. Please vote for President Trump for 2020 to get even with the evil heartless Democrat Party.

• Mcgar says:

Jealousy too happens in their profession, of course they will deny it. Anecdotal is Fauci’s mantra. Even if this thing gets worst, I don’t think sensible Americans will blame it on Trump, he has already proven himself almost 4 years now, his love for America, Americans is genuine! He has leadership, perfect in crisis management, that is why the media, pelosi and the rest of the coward democrats have not rallied to unite and forget politics and help America get through this. They would rather first thing in the morning find all possible angle to blame it on Trump. Daily briefing of Trump on the Coronavirus is an over analyzing of every single word Trump utters, to pin him down, itching on the aha moment. There is no other like Trump when it comes to fighting back at fake news reporter, it is a joy to watch their stupidity, and the comeback kid, jim acosta, he is back to prove more of his ineptness. And who would in their right mind vote for sleepy waky Joe, I mean even democrats deep inside them, they know he is a failure, but for party’s survival, they have to pretend. TRUMP 2020!