The leader of the most powerful nation in the EU, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, is now in quarantine after her personal physician tests positive for the Wuhan Virus.

BERLIN (AP) — German Chancellor Angela Merkel has gone into quarantine after being informed that a doctor who administered a vaccine to her has tested positive for the new coronavirus.

Merkel, 65, was informed about the doctor’s test shortly after holding a news conference Sunday announcing new measures to curb the spread of the virus, her spokesman Steffen Seibert said.  He said that Merkel had received a precautionary vaccine Friday against pneumococcal infection.

[…] Merkel on Sunday thanked “the overwhelming majority” of Germans who were following rules on social distancing to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

“I know that it means sacrifice,” she said, citing the economic and social costs that the lockdown is having. “I’m moved by the fact that so many are abiding by these rules. This way we show care for older and sick people, because the virus is most dangerous to them. In short: we are saving lives with this.”

Merkel said the lockdown had already affected her profoudly, too.

“My life has also fundamentally changed and now consists largely of phone calls and video conferences,” she said.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Coronavirus, European Union, G7, Infectious Disease. Bookmark the permalink.

111 Responses to Angela Merkel Now Quarantined After Doctor Tests Positive for Chinese Coronavirus….

1. You need some society distancing, Frau Blucher.

2. Ray Runge says:

The best to Ms.Merke;l.

Germany isa thoroughly socialized medicine and will keep close tabs on infections in which age demographic along with the resulting / illness or mortality.

Notes can be compared and shared about treatments used and results obtained. I look upon a time when German and U.S. cooperation can result in better health results for both countries.

3. Diabolik says:

Well I hope she feels just as safe as she has made the real German citizens feel in their own homeland. That is all.

4. MaryfromMarin says:

I wish she’d been quarantined decades ago.

5. redmomerath says:

Angela might have it? I agree with the praying graphic. And I’ll leave that comment ambiguous.

6. keeler says:

“He said that Merkel had received a precautionary vaccine Friday against pneumococcal infection.”

Is it common for a 65 year old to receive a precautionary vaccine for pneumococcal infections, which are usually associated with children?

7. Jason Ross says:

May the chronic societal cancer of all the muggings, rapes, and torched city centers since 2014 weigh heavily on her mind as she hopes for a personal recovery.

8. bluecat57 says:

I thought Germans were smart. You quarantine the person WITH the disease.

• calbear84 says:

That’s what is happening, no?

• DoggyDaddy says:

You ISOLATE ill persons who have a communicable disease from those who are healthy. Isolation restricts the movement of ill persons to help stop the spread of certain diseases. For example, hospitals use isolation for patients with infectious tuberculosis.

You QUARANTINE well persons (separating them from the rest of the population and restricting their movements) who may have been exposed to a communicable disease to see if they become ill. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms. Quarantine can also help limit the spread of communicable disease.

9. billinlv says:

The face of Angela Merkel is the face of betrayal and perfidy.

10. X XYZ says:

Poor old Angle-a. I wouldn’t wish a disease upon anyone, but she helped make Western Europe into what it is today – a socialist democratic enclave – the newly formed united socialist states of Europe.

When outsiders are invited in with no limits or restrictions, diseases come into the territory. Those who do not know or care about European history need to learn it. Their leaders need to learn it too, and they might learn it… the hard way.

11. allenrizzi says:

While Merkel has almost singlehandedly ruined Europe, I wish her well and a speedy recovery. This is a time when the whole world needs to put politics aside for the benefit of humankind. Alles Gute Frau Merkel…

12. GB Bari says:

Karma is a be-yotch.

13. LafnH20 says:

AMEN

14. Shyster says:

I thought Eva Braun died in the bunker.

• Snellvillebob says:

If Hitler had a daughter…

• Ray Runge says:

Where is Greta Coimate Change?

• cali says:

@Snellvillebob: “….…….she is now in Quarantine”! 🙂

I’m sure the add’l 35,000 American soldiers having just arrived in Germany is causing her nightmares and rightly so.
        She’s been having the shakes for a long time now getting worse each time and I would not be surprised if she was treated for it rather than the reported ‘vaccination’.

Keep an eye on Europe there is more going on then meets the eye and Merkel’s ‘quarantine’ timed with the arrival of the 35,000 US soldiers has lots more meaning.

• Snellvillebob says:

Were they replacement soldiers rotating there or added troops?

• cali says:

They are added to already stationed ones and joined by their worldwide alliance. Simultaneous actions everywhere. Lots of ‘children’ being rescued in that hemisphere and cared for by the Navy hospital ships. President briefly mentioned a high risk rescue in Peru yesterday! 🙂

15. alliwantissometruth says:

Reporter: Merkel is issuing orders in sign language from her windows

What’s that? Let’s see if I can make out what she’s telling them
    “We”

OK, I got that
    “need”
    “more”

She seems to be figuring out what signs to use next. I wonder, more supplies, more tests? OK, she’s back

“Muslim”
    “Refugees”

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, a true leader,one who knows what’s truly important

16. Robert Smith says:

“…I’m moved by the fact that so many are abiding by these rules…”

At least Germans are still following rules. We have that at least.

17. joeknuckles says:

In honor of Ms. Merkel, here is her famous snake dance once again.
    My she rot in hell for what she has done to her country and to Europe.

18. repsort says:

She has no children.
    That matters.

19. itsahoaxfolks says:

Angie is so scared she was shaking two years ago in anticipation of todays news.

20. MfM says:

Care about the old and sick. Gee…. we’re are we hearing this?

I’m a senior and have some health issues. I’m a realist, we all die sometime. I’ve been careful, washed my hands all the time and I only touch my face after I’ve washed my hands. I keep a pen in my pocket and lots of other things. When I became aware of this, virus mid January I ramped it up a notch.

I don’t feel the U.S. Has to shut down to save little ole me.

• X XYZ says:

That’s preparedness, as was taught in boy and girl scouts. Our parents taught it to us too. Several decades of running a government economy based upon debt and consumerism trumps preparedness. How to destroy a nation, 101. That’s not taught in colleges.

Adversity builds character. No adversity at all, no character, at all.

What does a world that has eradicated all adversity bring? Disneyland? Snowflake land? Brave New World?

Whether we like it or not, we’re going to find out. It will be sooner rather than later.

• Dutchman says:

MfM,
      Appreciate the sentiment, but “we” are,NOT shutting everything down, to save you or me.
      We are doing it all, to prevent a COLLAPSE of the healthcare system.

And by that, I DO NOT mean the way “Heathcare” has been conflating with PAYING for healthcare.

I mean a collapse of the vital industry of primarily hospitals, secondarily dr.’s offices, and ancillary support businesses.

Imagine getting in a,car,wreck, having a steering wheel embedded in your chest or something, and NONE of the Hospitals are excepting patients. Or, hou have a heart attack or,stroke, kid gets meningitis, appendix burzts, whatever.

And they can’t even put the patient on a plane, and send them to another State, cause ALL the hospitals in the country are similarly overwhelmed.

THATS what they are experiencing in Italy, what they experienced in CHI-NA, and what they are trying to avoid experiencing here, with this draconian lock down.

IMHO, they haven’t explained that clearly enough, either cause they don’t want to cause panic, or perhaps because its so obvious to them?

This is why comparing it to the flu is irrelevant. With the flu, within 24 hours of getting it, and so becoming contagious, you are self-isolating, because of the symptoms, which limits how many people you can infect.

With this, you can go 2 WEEKS without having symptoms, and so infect 100’s or potentially 1000’s.

Hence, the disease can reach a lot more of the ‘vulnerable’ population, who all pour into the ER’S at once.

And, with flu, treatment for those who need hospitalisation is I.V. fluids, and oxygen.

With this disease, the critical patients need ventilator and intubation, as well as much more extensive isolation, cause almost ALL the patients already in the Hospital are “high risk”, and caregivers can easily spread the disease to them.

So, its NOT about “saving lives”, its about saving the HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, keeping it from becoming overwhelmed, and basically unable to function.

• Ninja7 says:

Dutchman, Thank you for the information and analysis.
        Appreciate Sundance’s articles, and the additional insights and comments from the various Treepers.

• 1nikao says:

Thank you, Dutchman.
        It seems so few even care.
        They’re sick of not being able to entertain themselves.
        America is rich. It’s lovely. We have a tremendous President. He knows how to get the engine burning. But, this virus has a crippling effect on the healthcare system.

• Risa says:

Same here. I would rather be at peace with my mortality than watch what my children and grandchildren may have to go through in the years to come.

21. thedoc00 says:

Must have been the Chinese Schnitzel, chased down with Rice Beer. Heard the Chinese have been sending pork Schnitzels and Rice Beer to Germany in return for all the tech data packages, especially from their auto makers.

22. cow wow says:

Surely this must be a time for earnest prayer, both in our own country and abroad.

23. Rock Knutne says:

So we’re willing to put millions of Americans lives at risk through loss of livelihood and potential bankruptcy for something that has killed about 400 Americans in 4 months?

Anybody believe this passes the sniff test?

24. bessie2003 says:

This just shows how widespread, and invisible, this virus is. Hope she does not develop this, hope no one does.

25. dissonant1 says:

How ironic, when the whole net result (and even perhaps the purpose?) of the “European Project” has been that people can no longer walk the streets without fear of being assaulted, raped, or infected. Even “sheltering in place” is no remedy for those who had to give up their homes for incoming migrants. Frau Merkel, Physician, heal thyself!” Oops, a little to late.

• Dutchman says:

Gotta admit, makes me want to say;
      “So, hows that whole no border checks thing working out for you NOW, EU?”

EU is EU-CCP, a subdivision of CHI-NA CCP, just as most of D.C. is USA-CCP.

CONmunism is the true virus, and it has infected NEARLY everything, from the Boy scouts to the AMA.

26. Fools Gold says:

Is President Xi next? If so you want hear about it since he was probably the first leader infected…

27. Right to reply says:

Merkel always struck me as a heavy smoker/drinker. Her skin, and breathing kind of gives it away!

28. Jenevive says:

Well it was reported the other day the Prince Albert of Monaco has
    COVID-19.

29. Chip Doctor says:

I kind of feel about this news,the same way President Trump feels about the Mitt Romney news. 😂😂🤣🤣

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, that WAS funny!
      “Mitts in isolation, what a shame!” Or something to that effect.

If that is PDJT “being mean”, may he never soften his demeanor!

• Ninja7 says:

Typical New Yorker, You either love him or not.🤗🤗
        Love our President. 🤗

• Dutchman says:

I realise thats considered a “Typical New Yorker” but just as,I have encountered SNAKES, all my life, I have occasionally encountered EXCEPTIONAL people, who didn’t back down to bullies, called a spade a spade, had a heart of gold concealed by a crusty, brash exterior, like DJT. And none of them were from New York.

But yeah, I love him. Right man at the right time.

30. Chip Doctor says:

Harvey Weinstein too, only his is a get out of jail free card. He will likely die and have his body “cremated” five minutes later. Never to be seen again.

31. 🍺Gunny66 says:

I think we should consider where we were….all of us on this planet……, where we were prior to the virus outbreak.

Impeachment, Special Councils, Globalism, war, and mostly no changes in the Trump Derangement Syndrome…

So much hatred ….so many divisions…….it seemed to most… virtually impossible to correct the ingrained hate……and prejudice shown by so many…..even by many here

My point is:

President Trump saved us…….he saved us all………..Many believe God sent him to save us………

Many people now see how our President was correct…The Wall….Illegal Aliens…..China….all of it.

And now more and more people believe in him

I believe God may have “Sent us the Virus”…..to show everyone….all of us……including Angela and others “The Way”….as our President has………

Now for all of our grievances……all….our anger

.Prayers for everyone and their families should be our response.

32. California Joe says:

Well if Merkel bites the bullet Germany will have one less East German Reinemachefrau!

33. Maybe this is a good excuse to pull the majority of our troops out of Germany.
    Nothing else seems to be an incentive to do so.

34. Richie says:

This is all a bunch of Bull Crap .

The globalist powers released a virus on the human population to stop MAGA. You know they did. We know what they are capable of.

35. James F says:

The Germany death rate is very low at 0.38%.

24,852 cases. 94 deaths.

Looks like having a superior heath care system with the most ICU beds per capita, except for the US, makes all the difference.

36. nimrodman says:

after a doctor who administered a vaccine to her has tested positive

Well, we’ll get to see if the vaccine works, no?

37. GregMan says:

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer open-borders zealot.

38. WDS says:

Paging Dr. Morel, paging Dr. Morel
    Vitamultin injection needed in room 6…