Kenny Rogers – RIP

Well known and very proud American country music singer Kenny Rogers has died at age 81. His family made the following announcement:

March 21, 2020 – The Rogers family is sad to announce that Kenny Rogers passed away last night at 10:25PM at the age of 81. Rogers passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family.

In a career that spanned more than six decades, Kenny Rogers left an indelible mark on the history of American music. His songs have endeared music lovers and touched the lives of millions around the world. Chart-topping hits like “The Gambler,” “Lady,” “Islands In The Stream,” “Lucille,” “She Believes In Me,” and “Through the Years” are just a handful of Kenny Rogers’ songs that have inspired generations of artists and fans alike.

Rogers, with twenty-four number-one hits, was a Country Music Hall of Fame member, six-time CMA Awards winner, three-time GRAMMY® Award winner, recipient of the CMA Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013, CMT Artist of a Lifetime Award honoree in 2015 and has been voted the “Favorite Singer of All Time” in a joint poll by readers of both USA Today and People.

The family is planning a small private service at this time out of concern for the national COVID-19 emergency. They look forward to celebrating Kenny’s life publicly with his friends and fans at a later date. (link)

This entry was posted in History, Hollywood, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to Kenny Rogers – RIP

1. LeslieKay says:

Every school dance ended with a couples dance to Kenny Rogers “Lady”. Sigh…good times : )

2. appraisher says:

I first met Kenny at a small club called Lanzi’s, in Trenton NJ, in the late 60s early 70s. As it turned out, our groups wound up playing some gigs in other small clubs in NJ, NY and PA at the same time…so I’d bump into him periodically, until he hit the big time and finally got off the circuit.

Kenny was an all around great guy. He was funny, down to earth, protective and humble. Our paths diverged, so I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing him for decades, but he always stood out as a shining star, who was never so famous that he wouldn’t just wrap his arms around you, give you a big bear hug and a “How Ya Doin'”.

Rest easy with the Lord, my friend.

3. Blind no Longer says:

RIP Kenny. My first time ever hearing Kenny was as a young teen when it was Kenny Rogers and the First Edition…Somethings Burning!! I played that song over and over til my mom hid the record from me.
    He just got better and better with time… Back when music was really music, and recording artists could actually sing.

• Bruce Fauth says:

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.

And as a baseball fan, gotta love the video of “The Greatest”

4. gueppebarre says:

“But You Know I Love You” is a favorite of mine. RIP, Kenny – you were always a class act, and you always seemed to sing for the sheer love of music.

5. Raven says:

So many good songs over a very long time.

Like the reflection seen in my own mirror I watched as Kenny went from being young to old, and felt, as I do with so many folks I “grew up with,” that I lost a great friend today.

My first remembrance of Kenny Rogers, with the “crazy Asian war” wrapped in.

6. Troublemaker10 says:

7. Rynn69 says:

My favorites were “Through the Years” and “She Believes in Me.” RIP Kenny. You brought great joy to many with your music.

Thrilled SD included Dolly. What a beautiful person Dolly Parton is.

8. CB says:

“You picked a fine time to leeeave me Lucille. Four hungry children and a crop in the fieeeld”.
    RIP Kenny. Always one of my favs. Really helped a lot of us have good cheer in life!