Earlier this afternoon President Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence held a teleconference with a who’s-who of executives within the U.S. grocery supply chain.

[Per the White House] “Today, President Donald J. Trump held a telephone call with more than two dozen grocery store and supply chain executives from across the country. The President thanked them for the work they have already done to meet the needs of the public and for their continued commitment to the communities they serve.”

“All of the executives are working hand-in-hand with the Federal Government, as well as State and local leaders, to ensure food and essentials are constantly available. The President reminded the participants that this is an all-of-America approach and each of their stores and the stores they support can help Americans feel calm and safe when shelves are stocked with the items they need.”

“Supply chains in the United States are strong, and it is unnecessary for the American public to hoard daily essentials. The President thanked the executives for their close partnership and pledged to stay in close communication.” (read more)

Trump Administration: President Donald J. Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Department of the Treasury; Secretary Sonny Perdue, Department of Agriculture; Larry Kudlow, Assistant to the President and Director of the National Economic Council; Tim Pataki, Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the Office of Public Liaison

External Participants:

♦ Dave Clark, Senior Vice President, World Wide Operations, Whole Foods Market

♦ Mark Clouse, CEO, Campbell Soup Company

♦ Brian Cornell, CEO, Target

♦ Mike Duffy, CEO, C & S Wholesale Grocers

♦ Randy Edeker, Chairman, CEO, and President, Hy-Vee

♦ Geoff Freeman, President and CEO, Consumer Brands Association

♦ Greg Ferrara, President and CEO, National Grocers Association

♦ Grant Haag, President and CEO, Winco Food

♦ Jeff Harmening, CEO, General Mills, Inc.

♦ Jason Hart, CEO, Aldi USA

♦ Kevin Holt, CEO, Ahold-Delhaize USA

♦ Kevin Hourican, President and CEO, Sysco

♦ Anthony Hucker, President and CEO, Southeastern Grocers

♦ Craig Jelinek, CEO, Costco

♦ Todd Jones, CEO, Publix Super Markets

♦ Laura Karet, President and CEO, Giant Eagle, Inc.

♦ Rick Keyes, CEO, Meijer

♦ Donnie King, Group President and Chief Admin Officer, Tyson Food

♦ David MacLennan, Chairman and CEO, Cargill, Inc.

♦ Rodney McMullen, CEO and Chairman of the Board, The Kroger Co.

♦ Doug McMillon, CEO, Walmart

♦ Miguel Patricio, CEO, The Kraft Heinz Company

♦ Gregg Roden, Senior Vice President, PepsiCo North America Supply Chain

♦ Vivek Sankaran, President and CEO, Albertson’s

♦ Leslie Sarasin, President and CEO, Food Industry Association

♦ Steven Spinner, Chairman and CEO, United Natural Foods, Inc.

♦ Peter Van Helden, CEO, Stater Bros. Markets

♦ Todd Vassos, CEO, Dollar General Corporation

♦ Rob Vitale, President and CEO, Post Holdings, Inc.

♦ Colleen Wegman, CEO, Wegmans

This entry was posted in Big Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to President Trump and VP Pence Hold Conference Call With U.S. Grocers and Suppliers…

1. T2020 says:

I went online (in NY) to Amazon Fresh to order a grocery delivery aaaaaaaand….there were no groceries!!! All out of stock, except maybe prunes. I chatted online with a rep and he profusely apologized and said to “check back next week”. If they are out of groceries, so are other local markets. Which caused me to leave my home and go to the market with my face covered by the high neck of my jacket, people everywhere. SuperMarkets close early now to restock shelves. 😕

• Dances with Wolverines says:

Catch 22. If you get the prunes you will need more toilet paper. buyer beware

• technoaesthete says:

I was in a Whole Foods location yesterday afternoon and this morning. Yesterday the produce section was almost totally empty. This morning the produce section was replenished (not to “normal” levels, but there was produce where there had been none yesterday).
      FWIW, the rest of the store (non-perishable items) had not been replenished, yet.

• Lulu says:

I think it depends where you are. We have plenty of food on the shelves and no real crowds, but I hear people not far away have empty stores.

• Tulips Moran (@TulipsMoran) says:

Sorry to say this, but with the uncertain times we live in it is prudent to keep extra food in your pantry. Many of us realized our food chain is a three day inventory and have planned to stock at least 3 months several years ago, many of us even have enough for 6+ months.. That way you’re not in a panic and have a wider selection of food. This will pass in a week or so. But panicking has been caused by MSM hyper and hyperbole – think for yourself and plan accordingly.

• Adele Virtue says:

thanks to Obama in 2013 while I was taking synthroid, I overstocked so much on so many things we have not had to buy coffee, peanutbutter or TP or papertowels since then. Now there are only 2 of us, but I filled up a 14×7 pantry hubby had just made me. I had no idea why I was in such a panic that the world was going to end as I knew it, but we planted a huge, huge garden and canned, froze and bought everything I could think of. I finally decided to look at the side effects of synthroid since it was the only Rx I was taking and there it was, paranoia and panic attacks. So I switched to potassium iodide (works better also) and then things were sort of back to normal. Now it was just the administration making me cautious. Hubby said, well we have everything we can think of so let us learn to make things we use just in case then. It worked and my little panic attacks slowly went away. Then Trump got elected and they all went away. Of course I also got closer to God during this time and started to depend more on HIM than myself. But needless to say, we still have a lot of stuff left, enough for at least 2-3 more years. Plus we had just bought our half beef and half pig in December. So I think we are good to go. Heck we even went solar because of my panic attacks but also stayed connected to local in case there was no sun, like most of this past winter!

• sunnydaysall says:

Here the Walmart shelves are bare but not because of looting or hoarding! We just don’t do that here in small-town USA! Walmart purposely removed items from their shelves! So we went back home to our small town grocery and they were fully stocked. No one was rushing & it was just like every other Saturday! Today, Sunday, my hubby went to our grocery for ice cream and it was as usual! According to our grocer, Wallmart gets most of its stock from china (middle man) and with the doors closed to them by POTUS Trump, they themselves are hoarding the stock! Our grocers are locally stocked for most items and should they not be able to continue to get an item, they move to another brand! Thank the Good Lord for small-town USA!

2. cantcforest says:

Great!! Getting toilet paper back on the store shelves should shut down the media within a day or two. Two more days and the crisis is over and we can go about dying if we have the flu.

3. rustybritches says:

Well I sure hope that the Stores are listening because Gun sales and Ammo sales are flying out the door and I just checked all the prepped food I have and decided to check and see how their sales are doing The website said their orders are 4 days behind but when you check the items you might want to buy They are all sold out so not good there either
    I know that people think right now this thing is never going to end but there does also seem to be a lot of people out and about and are seeing the sights all over the country just talked to a bunch of bikers , both men and women and they are doing some riding for a club and when I asked how they were doing they said their ride was great and they were going back to Arizona
    One told me they had heard that Adam Shift might have the virus Can any one confirm ?

4. Mari in SC says:

My daughter’s fiancee works in Target outside Portland, OR. He said so far people have been nice but they are stocking up.

You can tell people there is no need to hoard things but then when you tell them they might need to quarantine for 2 weeks or more, when the UK is allegedly planning to tell those over 70 to stay home for 4 months, when other countries have deserted streets and when activities/sports/festivals are all being cancelled, people ARE going to worry and ARE going to start stock–piling.

I think the early store closures to allow for stocking and cleaning are a good idea.

• mugzey302 says:

One of our local stores is considering a 9-11 am seniors-only shopping time, which would awesomely thoughtful. People are frightened, thanks to the press hyenas.

5. Monadnock says:

You know, on the one hand, all the panic buying emptying the shelves does cause a hardship for those who didn’t do a bit of advance prep a few weeks ago….. but on the flip side, I’ve got to wonder if all the buying will actually act as a bump to the economy, seeing as all the grocers are seeing their shelves being stripped repeatedly at a much quicker pace than normal…..

The thought makes me smile – even when the MSM stampedes the public into panic buying, part of what they’re getting out of it is a bump in economic activity….. 🙂

• Amy2 says:

My husband and I work for a major retailer, my son works for Winn Dixie and my daughter and future son-in-law work for Lowes. People everywhere loading up. We are used to it because of the hurricanes in Florida. You only need so much toilet paper, etc. so this will level out and there will be a small drop in sales to follow, also people returning what they overbought when the end of the month rolls around.

The kicker is, retailers won’t meet their weekly comp sales this time NEXT year, and the brass will squawk!

• MM says:

My Winn Dixie has finally put a limit on toilet paper.

• mikeyboo says:

The executives of these stores should have thought of that a long time ago. When I heard of the hoarding the fist thing I thought was they should limit a particular item to 4-rolls of toilet paper, Kleenex boxes, cans of soup etc. If people have to go back to the store more often that’s ok. In time of trouble we must support each other by limiting the natural human tendency to greed.

• Amy2 says:

Yes, they did that here; on water as well. Better to make more customers happy than a few hoarders buying a bunch.

• CNN_sucks says:

There should be temporary provisions to those who hoard are not allowed to return these items like TP.

• Amy2 says:

Yes, that would be nice, but no retailer wants to lose customers, even if it’s a customer they don’t need!

• George Hicks says:

There is no expiration date on TP (that I know of).
            If people bought so much that they want to return it, then they are just greedy, thoughtless bastards who could care less about their neighbors…let them wallow in it.

• Amy2 says:

I’m not arguing with you George, but business is business! These are the same retailers who say don’t let people do this or that, and when you tell the customer that, they phone home office and get it anyway. God forbid we lose a customer who is a jerk!

• George Hicks says:

Amy,
                Not arguing with you either. It just makes my blood boil to think people are so self-centered that they would hoard months of TP and screw their neighbors!

• George Hicks says:

And all the food that has been hoarded. How much of that will spoil and get thrown out in the coming weeks?

• Amy2 says:

Yup! I totally get your frustration!

• George Hicks:
                  A relative and I had a spirited ‘argument’ about all this greed thing. I said, “Look, how many people are right now in stores talking on their phones, calling a neighbor, friend, spouse, brother etc, saying, ‘Hey, I’m over at Walmart, and they have tons of TP, did you need any?’ Or how about people that suddenly call you on the phone, saying, ‘Hey, Bill, heard you were over at Publix, can you pick me up some TP?”
                  Well, just multiply these occurrences exponentially among millions of people, essentially front-end purchasing for weeks and months into the future.
                  When I told this relative, ‘hey, if I called you at the market to pick something up for me, would you deny me that?’ Of course, she suddenly realized the whole dimension of the problem.

• yucki says:

Well, they’re out of masks, so…

• All the panic buying makes it rough for lower income folks .
      Im not in that situation now but I remember 2009 10 stretching 60 dollars a week for 3.
      You can not buy anything in bulk.
      Many don’t understand that but I have been there.

• TreeClimber says:

My family of four gets food stamps, $200 a month. We have an almost five-hundred-dollar car payment that they don’t count for… believe me, I know all about not being able to buy in bulk, no matter how much you want to.

6. merlintobie says:

I’m so grateful for positive news of this sort. I was beginning to worry about possible food shortages. To be fair, I’m normally socially isolated, as I live alone in a remote area, but I do like to cruise into town for fresh food supplies once a week.

Those 200 pounds of dried beans need some peppers or something.

7. Well, we were almost out of TP and just bought a 6 roll package for 11 bucks at Food Lion! I think that is pretty high but no other stores had any……I hope this ends soon. I hope the DB that was pushing his cart through the store with nothing but TP in it, gets the runs and has to use all his stock!! Jerk!!

• An American says:

susandyer1962, inquiring minds have to ask about your t.p. purchase..were these regular size rolls, jumbo size rolls, mega size rolls or the new wuhan virus colossal size rolls just announced that contain 1,ooo,ooo sheets each and guarranteed to last 1 year in a 4 person household? 😘

• An American says:

Venezuela-R-Us!

• Napoleon says:

I ain’ t gonna sweat toilet paper .If I get Corona Virus, in 7 days I am going to be well or dead.
          Use a Wash cloth rinse it out ,throw in washer .
          My Lord folks just one generation ago we washed out crappy diapers in the toilet and washed them in a washer with bleach.
          Have we all lost it?

• An American says:

Napoleon, you are exactly right! We used cloth diapers, about 4 dozen per baby, a one time expense vs disposables. Went to the laundromat once a week. Nothing going to the landfill. Our soap had phosphates which really cleaned the clothes and diapers. Bonus, when the babies got housebroken, we had great rags!

• Those were the days my deplorable friends! I had 2 babies in diapers and Monday was wash whites day and hung on the clothesline (regardless of weather)!
            Years laters, the neighbors remarked to us (as friends) that’s when the noticed the ‘New Neighbors’ in the tiny Hamlet…True Story… 40+ years ago…:)

• An American says:

Effective this writing, toilet paper will now be called “White Gold”. Everyone, please adjust your vocabulary information center, vic, to this new terminology. Thank you, this is a PSA. 💩

• George Hicks says:

There are laws against price gouging and that sounds like that is exactly what Food Lion is doing!

• mikeyboo says:

Really? I hope he gets run over by a truck.

• wondering999 says:

I’m unconcerned with the Great Toilet Paper Stampede because I usually buy several packs… when the price is low. Had noticed that there were considerable price variations on different weeks, and especially when I have store coupons I stock up at the lower price. Not quite like the President buying low-cost petroleum for the oil reserves but… same principle. Get the stuff when the price is right!
      This generation will never look at TP the same way LOL

8. not2worryluv says:

We are in SWFlorida. Publix’s and Fresh Market have been open and well stocked with the exception of sanitation supplies. Stores have been orderly and people behaving while checking out and from the looks of carts not necessarily hoarding.
    Publix is closing early at 8PM and Fresh a market until 9PM.
    Restaurant reservations are somewhat down but still lots of folks still driving down from the NE – more and more out of state license plates.
    Seems like young families with kids are now arriving for Spring Break or their companies are having them work from home so they are vacationing instead.
    We have an older population here and many of us full time residents are just going to hunker down.
    Some grumbling that they are bringing the virus to us- lots of NY, MA and VT plates paired with CoExist bumper stickers.
    Seems us seniors are countering with Trump flags and Trump 2020 Bumper Stickers. Lots of boats out on the Gulf and Bays with Trump flags proudly waiving!

• Paul Vincent Zecchino says:

Our observations in our part of SW FL are as yours. Solid red here, people going about their business, enjoying life, not buying into the hysteria.

Most of us learned as kids, the late 50s/60s, to follow the example of our elders and keep a well stocked pantry and keep well stocked in general.

9. Monadnock says:

Side note: Read about the Italians climbing out onto their balconies and singing – viva western culture!

Our little subdivision has a little internet bulletin board to allow for rapid posting of information important to the neighborhood. Over the past couple of weeks, my neighbors have been been posting their needs as well as their surpluses, and a barter economy of sorts has more or less self-generated. Shelves are pretty empty in our Atlanta suburb, but we and our neighbors are looking out for each other and making deals among ourselves as needed.

We’ll see what happens if things get worse, but for now, the center is holding.

I live in the best neighborhood in the best country on the planet.

I am so proud to be an American.

10. Eric says:

In central Virginia, some panic buying at Costco but shelves full at Lidl, Aldi, Target (groceries section), Weis.

My wife just placed an order with Boxed.com with no issues.

11. petszmom says:

HEB not on the list but they are keeping us updated. They are opening at 8 am and closing at 8 pm to have plenty of time to re stock. They have their distribution centers close by to insure stocked shelves. Today they announced limits on certain food and non food items. I have not ventured out but will run down there tomorrow to do regular weekly shopping, not to stock up to hoard.

• GrandpaM says:

petszmom, Friday night my HEB had all the tp and water shelves empty. By Saturday morning at 6:30 AM all was well stocked but my wife had to wait 30 min to check out.

• petszmom says:

I just left there and i found everything i needed but i wanted to cry at the empty ‘look’ of the shelves. People were grabbing whatever they could but all registers were open, lines moved quickly. I am a weird eater so i found my organic chicken, filtered milk, and bulk oatmeal…😊 i made a point of thanking as many employees as i could. Bless them!

• sundance says:

HEB has an excellent supply chain.

12. BuckNutGuy says:

I went to local Krogers today which I especially frequent because they go out of there way to employ those with some special needs. I URGE fellow Treepers to thank the hourly workers who have been pressed into service by this media driven panic. One young man I talked to has worked three straight 18 hour days stocking shelves, handling check out, etc. They are dealing with crazy people as well as folks like young mothers who are stressed by no available diapers.

Please be kind to them. Offer them encouragement and thanks. Who know, they may let you know when the next TP truck is due to show up…

13. wodiej says:

Another manufactured crisis by liberals. There are far too many sheep in this country. We need more sheep herders like PT.

14. Landslide says:

I’m wondering why mandatory limiting of certain items is not in place…..seems logical to me.

15. thedoc00 says:

There are a CVS and Walgreens across the street from the gym, where I work out. Did not see many cars there over the past week, so I told a couple of the young parents, I chat with off and on at the gym, to look off the beaten path for stuff … like at the drug stores.

16. Kalena says:

I have ordered curbside pickup for years due to mobility issues. The order I placed today couldn’t be filled. I only wanted a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a cooked chicken and some deli salads. They didn’t even have a pack of Twizzlers. I did not try to order TP or wipes. Panera Bread didn’t even have bread. I am so sick of this evil media influenced craziness.

I finally decided to order a water pitcher with a year of filters and protein shakes from a 64 year old direct selling company that specializes in healthy natural nutrition. At least I won’t starve in the next 30 days

• Mari in SC says:

Try again on Tuesday after people go back to work tomorrow and are not clearing out the shelves.

• merlintobie says:

sorry you’re experiencing difficulties

Please don’t be shy about asking for help if you need it – through a local senior center, church or other civic group, or friends. People WANT to help others at this difficult time. Tomorrow I’m babysitting!

17. cherokeepeople says:

here in iowa hy-vee and fareway both stocked pretty good other then the paper and cleaning aisles.
    .i do have to wonder as this slows and goes away unless they can predict this slowdown a week or 2 in advance their warehouses are gonna be packed to the gills. might be some good sales a couple weeks out from the slowdown as they will be cutting prices to make space for incoming product.

18. Publius2016 says:

Simple rule…if the canned goods is still available not a REAL EMERGENCY!

Toilet paper paper towels provides comfort…canned goods in the house mean you really need them!

19. TradeBait says:

Grasshopper vs. ant. Prepare and realize bad things can happen. Just don’t fall for the media and the propaganda of the moment. We will know soon enough if this is the hyped hoax of the month. Regardless, using common sense is liberating.

20. Jeff Webb says:

Absolutely the right thing for PDJT to do today. Calm folks down.

21. 4EDouglas says:

Been able to find some stuff at local Drug Stores and Dollar Tree locally..
    I firmly believe Trump’s got the helm.. The Dems are going to regret this..

22. Patience says:

Donald J Trump is certainly a thinker………………. and a doer.
    >WE are so fortunate.

God, Continue to bless and guide President Donald J Trump.

23. trapper says:

Everyone has a friend, a relative, a neighbor, a fellow church or temple member, a coworker you are close with, who in a pinch you could call and ask to leave things outside your door, like groceries or TP, if you find yourself in a self-quarantine situation. You can settle up what you owe them later. WE are all in this together. Keep reminding yourself and your friends and relatives often. Nice sunny day today. Go take a ride.

• 4EDouglas says:

Cold, snowy windy here in Ne Oregon. We are more like Colorado Utah or Wyoming on a small scale.-go father south and you are in Nevada, climate wise, So, I’m cleaning the house and cooking ahead for the week..

24. boomerbeth says:

If the respirator fits, steal it!

Coronavirus Bioweapon – How China Stole Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponized It

Related:

Open link To “games of India”, scroll to end of article & click “coronavirus coverage” in blue

25. magoo622 says:

We should shut down the media for 16 hours a day. National Emergency for spreading factless hype. (i.e,. yelling fire in a crowded theatre). And someone please dont let Fauci speak again. Making it worse with speculation.

26. Cornholio says:

To the lady who bought all the TP at walmart and no food or water-
    I’ll trade 1 dented can of Green beans for 10 rolls of Charmin Big Rolls today, 20 rolls tomorrow.
    You can’t afford my poptarts.

27. MicD says:

50 Million Brainbramaged Wild Hogs with Hoard On’s.
    LOL

28. popsfromvienna says:

So was there an agreement during the call that all stores would limit the purchase of items people are hoarding? We are left wondering.

29. dufrst says:

Wow, massive QE and Fed cut!

Trump got what he wanted. I think Powell finally got the hint that in an emergency situation, the President is boss.

30. Skeeball says:

Special thanks to the MSM for creating a widespread panic because Orange Man Bad.

31. scrap1ron says:

My friends and I have been playing in a fantasy baseball league for 20 years. We had our draft today at a bar/banquet hall in Lancaster NY. The St. Patrick Day parade was cancelled, but the bars and restaurants were busy. There is a reduced occupancy limit to how many people the owner is permitted to have inside according to the space available. However everyone was having a good time. Plenty of chicken wings, pizza, and beef on weck. And my favorite beverage on tap, birch beer. Yeah, I’m driving.

They even had toilet paper. WooHoo!

• HellInAHandbasket says:

Wow “Birch Beer” … haven’t had that since I was a youngster in east coast Massachusetts (about 5 miles north of Boston), used to have cases of Castle Rock Beverage, I can still conjure-up the tall bottles in wooden crates, and the birch beer was my cousin and my favorite! Glad you’re “surviving” with your friends (ha ha!) #MAGA

32. dondeg says:

Time to refinance! That one activity in itself will give the economy a big bump! Trump is the BEST! We all get paid vacation from work, free coronavirus tests and lower mortgage rates! YAHOO!!

33. HellInAHandbasket says:

Stocked shelves are CRITICAL for calming the masses.
    Grocers and other retailers with the help of this administration should have no problem keeping supplies fully stocked. There’s no reason to slack-off at this time. Yeah, sure they’ll have to get more employees on the clock with longer shifts, but it can be done and MUST be done.

I think the President and his administration understand this better than anyone, and with extra efforts made by retailers this WILL be accomplished. Heck, hurricane relief efforts have convoys of trucks rolling in short time, FEMA and Red Cross on scene with heaps of supplies, this can get done too.

I have the utmost confidence in American grocers and retailers.

#MAGA

34. jwmson says:

Causing panic, unrest, & closing restaurants are not clear thinking by governors! Grocers cannot keep demand up & watch for looting & theft.

But in all this, all eyes off FBI, FISA, Durham, Barr & taking pressure, stress off anything being done.

See how DC controls the narrative!?! I truly believe some of this is political & keeps We The People ‘under control’ .

35. jwmson says:

36. Monadnock says:

Alternatives: I was between Beaumont & Houston, Texas on 12 Mar Thursday; stopped for gas about halfway between – Valero, I think – had a Sonic attached to it – I was the only person in the entire store – pretty large for a 7 Eleven type of place – I’ve never shopped TP there, but from what I recall, there are quite a few cleaning supplies, etc.

Prices are typically higher (they’re called “convenience stores” for a reason… you PAY for that convenience of avoiding a 30 min checkout at HEB or Kroger)…. but in a pinch, these little stores might help some of us bridge the gap when the local Publix is wiped clean…

37. Bob says:

What happened to Win-Dixi?

38. TreeClimber says:

North Charleston/Summerville, SC:

Hit two Walmarts and an Aldi. Aside from TP, people are buying the weirdest things. Almost no bread, zero milk or milk or milk derivatives, one carton of broken up eggs, a dozen or so loaves of store-brand bread. Absolutely nothing at all in the paper products aisles. No meat. Half the snacks gone, but only certain types…? (For example, nuts were cleaned out but trail mix was almost fully stocked.) The produce seemed to vary. Big cleaning boxes of baking soda were entirely gone, I got some smaller packages from the baking aisle. Cleaning products were at about half the normal volume, luckily I did find the Walmart brand dishwasher detergent.

Most the hoarders seem to have hit the stores already. There was one guy with a cart full of TP at the second Walmart who decided not to fight me for the last two pounds of hamburger meat. One very rude woman who, instead of walking in the giant space around our buggy, shoved between me and my husband/our buggy and the stroller, slapped her arm and rucksack all over me and my cup sitting in the tray, and badly jostled my sleeping baby. (Husband stood ready to hold me back as I stood stiff wondering if making a scene was worth it.) Three lesbians who openly checked me out. ( D: ) So some weirdos, but the crowds seemed like mostly the usual Sunday shoppers out doing their weekly shopping.

I just hope McMaster doesn’t decide to follow the Panic-Governors’ lead…

39. arsumbris says:

They should institute a rationing system in the supermarket chains to stop idiots from panic buying up everything in the store. I’m seeing people fist fight at the checkout lane over ****ing toilet paper. Now that all the TP is gone, people are buying up shelves of beans and water. It’s thoughtless.

I have enough food stocked up for 5 months. Started a personal reserve for my family years ago. I don’t need to go out except for work and gas…

But once the idiot locusts have bought up one thing, and moved to the next, where does it end? Do these same idiots start trying to buy up all the gas?

40. hrmfc says:

I always have at least an extra package of toilet paper, paper towels and tissues in my pantry. It is just my husband and I in the house so we are fine with paper goods. I also feel very blessed because a few weeks ago a local dairy started a home delivery service. They deliver milk, eggs, cheese, butter, homemade bread, jam and some meats. They deliver only once a week and it is a little more costly but I love supporting their farm and I love getting local product. We are in our seventies but are healthy. I have a few meetings and volunteer activities to go to but otherwise we are staying home.
    I am trusting that the aggressive closings will help mitigate the spread of the virus but I put my trust in President Trump and more importantly put my trust in God. Jesus Christ, I trust in you.

41. freemilo says:

My husband went into an HEB Plus here in Texas today and he said ALL of the meat, bread and cheese was gone. No cleaning products, no sanitizer either. Fortunately for us, I predicted the crazy shoppers would start hoarding so I got most of our essentials last week, but it’s hard to imagine a huge store like that having empty shelves. I’m thinking about doing shopping first thing in the morning after shelf restock until this blows over.

42. DWC says:

The Democrats are going to regret the day they politicized coronavirus and created the ensuing panic situation with their and the MSM’s 24/7 constant doom and gloom hand wringing emotional factless rhetoric. Since when have they ever carried about the rank and file US citizen? All they want is the vote and the position plus the power and wealth that comes with it. Then it’s screw you US citizen. Now contrast that with POTUS Trump communicating with food distribution suppliers correcting a problem that the Democrats purposefully created. That’s putting US citizens first and MAGA. Now contrast that with the third world s-hole country that Democrats want to transform this country into with them as the privileged dictators.

43. philip l horner says:

Hopefully we won’t run short of Campbell’s Bat Wing soup.

44. Sunshine says:

I’m totally knocked out by Trump’s 100% comprehensive handling of the situation.
    November 2020 will be one hell of a major wipe-out of the Dem Party.

BTW, Canada’s Justin is finally shutting down flights & borders from problem countries. I figure Trump really scared the hell out of him on Sunday’s phone call.

Suspicious Cat tells me Trump will be whipping Justin’s ego on Tuesday’s G20 Virtual Meeting.

45. WiseLobo says:

We placed an order to be delivered in our North Texas suburb Saturday morning. Kroger said it would be Sunday evening before they could deliver at 5pm. At 7pm Sunday the order filler called to say almost everything was gone what we ordered. We did get some substitutes but will have to go out tomorrow to shop for the rest. We did not get soup – a woman bought about 500 cans, all the soup; we believe the idea is to sell at inflated prices.
    There needs to be a limit on items. We did that in WWII, why not now.
    Workers at stores are tired. This has been only about 7 weeks but seems like 7 months. We are not upset at them.

Closing restaurants and bars is the wrong idea right now as it will jam the stores even more. Many older people have stopped cooking when they retired if they have enough to eat out; they have to relearn.
    My son has started a new business in New Mexico and it will be shut down. He has funds for three weeks and will have to let go of staff and lose his investment. Governors and federal government have no idea what small business owners go through.

46. auntiefran413 says:

Let me tell you…I AM NOT A HOARDER, but since 1992 when I lost the love of my life, I’ve continued to shop for a family of seven — out of habit — until I ran out of freezer/cabinet space. Then I would say to myself, you have to stop this. But then, when I could see empty space in the freezer, I’d see pork chops or chicken breasts on sale and load up again.

Case in point…the weekend before Lent, one of the local markets had tuna on sale for .68 a can — the good stuff — with a limit of ten. What did I do? I bought ten. Habits of 35 years are really hard to break.

A few days before TP became an issue, my TP stock was down to two rolls. That’s the trigger that sends me to Sam’s to get a 35-roll package. God is good!