You Are Not Going to Believe This Was Broadcast on MSNBC – But it Was…

If you’ve ever wondered why it is impossible to have a conversation with modern liberals about politics, this video snippet is a case study in the answer.

MSNBC host Brian Williams and New York Times editorial board member Mara Gay are having a serious discussion about money, politics and Michael Bloomberg’s spending in the primary election.  You have to watch it to believe it.

Think about how many people were involved in creating, preparing and producing what you are about to witness.  WATCH:

Apparently MSNBC, Brian Williams, New York Times Mara Gay, the producers of the show and countless others involved in the production are really, really bad at math.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Common Core, Culture, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2020, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

723 Responses to You Are Not Going to Believe This Was Broadcast on MSNBC – But it Was…

1. hokkoda says:

Have they issued a public apology and correction yet? lol I think that would be a nice thing to do.

2. @ChicagoBri says:

A blogger in his or her underwear in his or her parents’ basement would have caught this news boner. NBC, dumb as a peacock!

3. czarowniczy says:

Ever been in a store like Walmart where the cashier has to make change and is overwhelmed by the math? Second only to the time our Walmart’s computer died and the clerks had to not only make change by hand but also do credit cards on the old impression machines. Far too many Millennials are almost totally dependant on their electronic devices, the ability to think independently is a vanishing skill.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

It’s not just Walmart of course. Got a letter from the IRS claiming we owed some ungodly amount. Talked to a rep on the phone and apparently someone along the line accidentally moved a comma to the right one space on the taxable income entry, changing that number significantly. Now comes the written correspondence, ugh. So yeah, way too many dunces being turned out by our educational system.

• czarowniczy says:

I’m a retired Federal Civil Service bureaucrat, don’t start me on the people inFederalservice who don’t do numbers. We had a supervisor with a BS (emphasis on the ‘BS’) in accounting. We were trying to explain a money problem we had where we had small amounts of change left over from closed accounts but couldn”t completely close the account until they were at a zero balance but there was no way to refund an amount that small. “You guys work something out”, we were told, “I’m not good with figures’.

• Amy2 says:

So….the answer was you aren’t legally required to refund it if it’s under a certain amount, correct? Or….it goes to the the individual’s home state as unclaimed funds? Inquiring minds want to know!

• czarowniczy says:

Treasury cuts the checks for most of the civilian branches of government. Our branch took payments and ‘made’ payments/refunds but what actually happens is the funds in payment go to Treasury and the payments out are sent to Treasury for a check to be cut.
            We’d send a tape, they’d download it and they’d cut the actual check.
            Treasury didn’t allow a refund of less than $5 but we had to close the accounts so we had scores of accounts with between 1-cent and $4.99 in them. What we came up with was creating a dummy account with a dummy SSN and moving the leftover minimal amounts of monies into it and then taking money out of that account and transferring it to accounts with a couple of bucks or cents short of the $5. We could close those accounts with a zero balance money’d been moved out of and refund the $5 accounts we’d topped off. It kept the account ledger from looking like a dog’d dinner.

• Amy2 says:

Thanks!

• czarowniczy says:

How we made the system work even when it didn’t. I wasn’t a big fan of my boss anyway so I figured this system would not only clean up the accounts but would eventually create a large amount of money sitting in a dummy account the auditors would find…a going-away present of sorts.

• Amy2 says:

I like how you think!

• czarowniczy says:

He didn’t…

• Amy2 says:

LOL!! As I was reading what your solution, I was wondering what would happen to the fund! I worked for a large corporation (briefly) in the regional office in mortgage lending. There was a “suspense” account that many loan processors were using to void and then re-issue funds, except the when the void was done it wasn’t taking into account certain fees, so it never balanced. $ in should equal $ out, right? I tried to warn the second in command that is was going to become an issue, to no avail. I left for a better position a few months later. It became an issue! Can’t say I didn’t warn them!
                  ‘Glad you got some satisfaction.

• czarowniczy says:

Oh I got TONS of satisfaction. I had the chance, under Fed civil service, to pay an amount into my Fed retirement fund equal to what I would have, plus interest, and have those years I spent on active duty with the military prior to my CS employment added to my CS retirement time. I took my DD 214 to the HRO and told them I’d read the reg and was ready to pay about $30K into my account. The HRO gets back with me a week or so later and tells me I was wrong, I only owe about $14. I try to show them my figures but the HRO jerk gives me a big “I’m the expert here and I computed you owe $14, now pay up or get out of my office!”. I cut them a check and leave.

Fast forward 10 years, I retire and my paperwork’s all forwarded to tat big Federal bureaucracy in the sky that gets back with me and tells me the original computations were wrong and if I want my full retirement I need to cough up a check for $25,000. I call my Senator whose office gives my HRO a call and the HRO gets really nasty with the Senator’s office. Issue gets bumped to the DC office where a rep walks down the street to my agency’s HQ HRO office. Short story: HQ demands that my old agency dig around in the couch cushions and coffee fund to pay that $25K into my retirement themselves. Original HRO puke gets transferred to a new position with higher pay managing – you may have guessed it – billing in another section.

And people wondered why some of us kept minibottles in our desks.

• Amy2 says:

Wowza!! Good for you! And I thank you for your service!

• czarowniczy says:

Thanks for paying me.

• Amy2 says:

ROI!!

• TonyE says:

Isn’t that what they do in the movie Office Space?

• gilfavor says:

your IRS letter rang my bell. . . . Couple years ago I got a several page letter from the IRS, and on the last page , centered in the middle was:
        ‘ THIS PAGE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK ‘.
        Go figure. . . . .

• Rhoda R says:

Kids aren’t being taught basic arithmetic these days – they are using calculators. Sort of like not teaching cursive writing either.

• czarowniczy says:

Same problem I had before I retired from the Army. I was seeing troops deeply dedicated to electronics-based operation and as long as the batteries and comms links were good all was fine but skills like paper map reading and non-electric comms were dying.

• john says:

I recently saw a Jeep Wrangler with a sticker near the driver’s door. I got closer and it was an image of the stick shift gear pattern. Under the schematic it read: “Millennial Anti-Theft Device”. Brilliant!

• czarowniczy says:

We’ve had more than one thug catracker get stopped dead in his tracks by trying to jack a stick shift. All of our cars were stick until very recently as they’re not making hardly any with a standard tranny now. We slouch toward the Babylon of ‘self driving’ cars…the fun dies.

• Vic Damron says:

I drive a Ford F150 PU with a five speed manual transmission. Can’t tell you how many times I have watched people check it out, only to leave it when they see the gear shifter. And no one asks to borrow it. It really is an anti-theft device. I think I could almost leave the key in it. I love it. Feels sporty, like me.

• Kent Neal says:

I noticed one day that the local community college had an older VW bug on their donate lot. (“Send your car/boat to college”) I asked how much they wanted for it, and they said the donor had specified that it be given to a needy student. When I inquired why it had been on the lot for a couple of months, they said they had tried to give it to several students who said they needed a car, but none was willing to learn to drive a stick.

4. Jeffhack says:

I’m pretty good at math:

327,000,000 x $1.00 = $327,000,000

327,000,000 x $1,000,000 = $3.27 x 10^14

That’s $327 Trillion. They were only off by
    $326,999,673,000,000

5. With Chris Mathew gone there is no one left to tell this air head that at least your pretty.

6. Bill says:

I don’t know which part was better, when Williams said “Don’t tell us if you’re ahead of us here on the math…” As if Americans were coming to the same WILDLY incorrect calculation that he was… or the idiot NYT Board Member saying “AND IT’S TRUE!!!”

Hahahahahaha… I keep watching it over and over and just laughing harder each time. There is no explaining your way out of this. You two (and your producers) have been exposed as being complete morons.

Not ONLY are you terrible at math, but at journalism as well. Because you didn’t just get the SIMPLE math wrong from a cursory review of the tweet, but, YOU DIDN’T FACT CHECK IT before putting it on the air. Because if you had checked the truth you would have carefully taken the time to use a calculator and run the numbers. DOUBLE fail.

And the way you led into the presentation means that you geniuses, AS WELL AS YOUR PRODUCERS, had this information in your hands for an extended period of time and were unable to stop this from going live. PHE…NOM…ENAL.

• pepeekeocom says:

Another thing she gets wrong is calling the ad spending a “waste”. The $500 million created jobs in ad agencies across the country and paid the salaries and wages of thousands of people. Who does she think she is calling those kinds of jobs a “waste”? And all those people took that money and spent it on everything from new washing machines and cars to a night at the movies with the kids creating even more jobs as the money spread further into to the country’s economy. No doubt she is a Socialist who believes the money would have been better spent and distributed by government bureaucrats.

• Bill says:

You expect her to understand that? Don’t you know the only way money is allocated well is from free checks from your government that aren’t used to produce anything and have no redeeming value?

• muckeyduck says:

If you read the Twitter comments you will read one tweet where a guy rushes to her defense and says, “Well Bloomberg has 60 billion divided by 327 million, he could give everyone 183K, and that’s still pretty good lol.

7. Luke says:

Don’t look away .

8. TigerBear says:

subtracting instead of dividing. 😄

9. Don McAro says:

Well if I had 6 apples and I took 2 apples away How many apples would you have left….
    Stymie – Uh uh brother, I don’t give my apples to nobody

• pepeekeocom says:

Moe: Your father has an apple and you have an apple. Your father gives you his apple. How many apples do you have?
      Larry: One
      Moe: You don’t know your arithmetic.
      Larry: You don’t know my father.

• Ken says:

How appropriate. One of me and my brothers’ favorite little Rascals quotes was from Stymie;

“C’mon Algebra. This ain’t no place for you!”

10. Echo4Sierra says:

Its a new mathematical logic called Triggernometry

11. Nancy says:

This is ridiculous. Didn’t anybody ever teach these guys division or multiplication? 327 million persons multiplied by 1 million dollars is 327 trillion dollars. Even Bloomberg doesn’t have that much money. And if you divide 500 million by 327 million, you get approximately $1.53 (rounded off) per person.

• LafnH20 says:

Before Taxes.

• Beau Geste says:

Nancy, congresscritters are surprisingly affordable – much more affordable than voters.

Congresscritters have a ‘timeshare’ sales scheme, which lets ‘donors’ buy them for a short time while they are voting on specific laws of interest to the ‘donor’. The ‘donor’ gives money to the congresscritter, along with a pre-written law or regulation (not all congresscritters can write). Congresscritter ‘Timeshare’ voting is a renewable resource for congresscritters, so no trees are harmed.

So, there are 535 voting congresscritters: 435 representatives and 100 senators. To buy a majority congresscritter “Timeshare” requires 218 housecritters, and 51 senatecritters = 269 congresscritters. Bloomberg could have divided his $500 million by 269 = an over or under-the-table $1,858,736 dollar ‘Donation” to each and every congresscritter. This is much more than they usually get, unless they are a biden relative.

That is the “math” that MSNBC should explain to its viewers.

12. 13wasylyna says:

That Lying Bryan is back on air as a newscaster is also mind blowing

• johnnyfandango says:

Bryan saw Million Dollar bales of cash floating down the river, from his hotel window in the Orleans French Quarter. The bales clearly had BLOOMBERG stamped on them. What a jack ass….both of these fools. But then again they are speaking directly to the low IQ DumboCrat voter and they will believe anything.

13. LafnH20 says:

Group think….
    Ain’t what it used to be.

14. Pat Thomas says:

The commentators possess weapons grade stupidity…….

15. Jan says:

You just can’t fix stupid!!

16. donnyvee says:

Barbie: “Math is hard”

17. LafnH20 says:

Obviously, these folks can’t wrap their “Collective Heads” around simple math.

🤔 Scary, right!?

Gumballs came to mind while reading the comments. Yep, Gumballs.

Let’s try thinking in terms of Gumballs and try to square what the, ummm, elite tell us.
    Shall we?
    K…

Gumball math.
    Something to sink our teeth into while considering the upcoming Presidential Election.

Bon Appetite..

18. Caius Lowell says:

President Trump said NBC was “absolutely one of the worst” and he’s 100% correct!

19. Gary Matano says:

Liberals try to do with math what do do with language-weaponize it. In case anyone wants to know $500 million would give every America about a buck and a half, That’s a little less than a million each, I believe.

20. jello333 says:

Ah c’mon, Sundance! It’s not that they got their math wrong, it’s just they misspoke a little regarding the actual amount Bloomberg spent on his campaign. He didn’t spend a measly $500 million. He actually spent $500 TRILLION*. And based on that, he really could have given each American over $1 million. Yep, Mini Mike really is a wild and crazy guy!

(*True story, I iz paying attention, and I iz GOOD at teh math!)

21. I’ve heard of “Fuzzy Math” but THAT was downright HAIRY. Good grief… is THAT the result of “Common Core”?

22. Genie says:

Hillary voters and Hillary vote counters.

23. Robert Smith says:

Mara Gay – an esteemed NY Times Editorial Board Member.

24. Tseg says:

They’re actors, not Math Majors, what do you expect?

25. Paul Cohen says:

I don’t have a Twatter account, but it appears that Brian Williams has locked his account:

Anyone know if this is a new move, after the latest MSDNC fiasco??

Hard to believe a “major” (sic) MSM figure would have a locked Twatter account, since the whole point of media types being on there is to gain attention and “followers” — not to shut out the public.

So I am guessing that he has hunkered down today, trying to figure out how/if he can weather this storm.

He and everyone associated with this debacle should be forced out on the street, immediately. There are of course various lesser “mistakes” that can be forgiven for any human being, we are all imperfect….. but for national media and public figures to be so grotesquely extremely incompetent with the simplest of matters should be utterly disqualifying.

No one should be allowed to be in “news media” (however lousy) if they could make such extreme blunders. Never. Fire him, fire all of the MSDNC staff involved, fire the original Tweeter (reportedly with WaPo??), and fire that imbecilic NY TImes “Editorial Board” clown who gave the public this shining example of ineptitude. Let them all work in some nasty chicken plant alongside the illegal aliens they love to promote.

26. Tseg says:

Got to love the New Math they have been teaching alongside Civics in public schools for the last generation.

27. tsmifjones says:

it’s no wonder the NYT suck!

28. ChampagneReady says:

These mental midgets would think they could solve a Rubik’s cube puzzle with a pink square.

29. paper doll says:

You don’t have to know math to know they are mistaken. If it was as simple as that, Bloomberg would have done it. Where’s my million?😂

30. shipley130 says:

The liberals love their dollars when there is a possibility that THEY are going to get their hands on it.

31. slopoke1 says:

The other not so obvious mistake they make is by assuming everyone in the US receives a million dollars that then suddenly everyone is a million dollars richer and can live the life of luxury. I.e. if EVERYONE is a millionaire then being a millionaire ain’t such a big deal. Run down to the Chevy dealer to buy the new mid engine corvette for $60,000. Well sorry they are all gone. And if there is one left on the lot it now costs…..$1,000,000. See how that works?

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

See!!!!You Deplorables always have to be so realistic. Here I was dreaming of taking my million, going down to the corvette dealership and buying my brand new corvy for $60,000 and here you come wif yer reality and stuff and you kill my dream….

32. Michelle says:

Watching the clip, there is no excuse for them not realizing what they are saying. They are in awe of that “truth”. That is just how blindly the democrats follow their talking points without thinking or questioning if they are actually valid or true.

• LafnH20 says:

It was danglin a Big ole bag of Bloomie Ca$h in front of everyone to get them under the ether. Once dazed they slid in the “Get THAT Guy” remark.

Bloomie Ca$h..💰 🤔

Get THAT Guy.. 💥 🤔

Yep.. That’s the ticket!
      Bloomie, is gonna.. like.. ya know.. BRIBE Everyone.

We’re gonna, “Get THAT Guy”… This time. 🙄

• Paul Cohen says:

What is so much worse is that this was no “spur of the moment” thing — they had to have the tweet selected and lined up ready to show on screen, both Brian Williams and the NY Slimes clown were obviously teed up to discuss it, and multiple MSDNC staffers/producers had to have viewed the tweet before it could be decided that it would be displayed on-screen.

SO it was not some failure to “think on their feet” or instant brain cramp, they all had at least minutes if not HOURS to see the material and think about it, if they were ever capable of thinking about it. PITIFUL.

The fact that any adult in any kind of “professional” responsibility could display such an utter failure of elementary school education is staggering.

33. Amy2 says:

Yes, this video is “true and disturbing”!

34. zekness says:

old steve martin joke (with a twist)

How to be a millionaire and never pay taxes.

Step 1: Get a TWO Million dollars…

35. Super Elite says:

You keep forgetting how stupid liberals are.

36. John Corey says:

Her little “I’m so clever” smirk as they put the chart on screen was the best part, not to mention the socialist valley girl crap “uh, like, he could of just given us a million dollars.” The millennium default to money for nothing.

37. dufrst says:

This completely explains why liberals spend so much money! Can you imagine mistaking $1 for $1 million?? Wow. No wonder we have $21 trillion in debt, with half of that debt added by one president, Barack Obama!

38. nimrodman says:

Caught an error in your article title, Sundance

Should read:
    “You Are So Going to Believe This Was Broadcast on MSNBC”

39. DeWalt says:

Why our country is drowning in debt.

40. De Oppresso Liber says:

Well, I’ll be damned…….

And I never, ever thought I would agree with an assessment made by anyone on MSNBC, but today I did: “That’s an incredible way of putting it.”

Why, yes it is……you dumbass.

41. Pew-Anon says:

I suppose next Brian Williams will be telling us his helicopter was shot down over Irag…

oh, wait.

42. Amy2 says:

I am celebrating two years of reading CTH. Thank you Mr. Sundance and Treepers for my continuing education! I have learned so much so far! ‘Much appreciated!!

43. Paul Cohen says:

rofl, apparently this is “real” — the “People for Bernie” twatter account, even with a tweet right in front of their eyes which indicated something was funky with the “math”…… still went ahead and posted the MSDNC thing as though it were making a profound and important point. THAT is just how stoooopid and deluded these leftists really are… it is all beyond parody:

44. Paul Cohen says:

45. Paul Cohen says:

46. Nowut Ameen says:

Despite all this, there are many people out there who now think Bloomberg owes them a million dollars.

47. WaPo’s Mekita Rivas issued a “correction” to the Mara Gay/Brian Williams tweet: “blahblahblah: he could still give everybody a million”.

Bloomberg’s 60 billion into 327 million Americans= $183.48 per person. The collective wisdom of WaPo, NYT and NBC issue another wildly inaccurate number.

She’s giving Krugman a run for his job.

48. Sky King says:

They keep on making Trump’s reelection ads for him. That needs to be run 1000000X before November

49. bluecat57 says:

While it is fun to make fun of people, this isn’t as bad as it seems. I once got dressed down for a typo in the disclaimer of an ad that 9 people including the person that tore me a new one had proofed.

I did some “back of the envelope” calculations a few years ago and came with a cost of $100,000 per “special needs” student as the budgeted amount. Sounded “reasonable” based on how wasteful government is. I revisited the topic a couple of years later and realized that I was off by a factor of 10.

Until you’ve been in THEIR shoes, make all the fun you want, but when you screw up remember THEY will be there to mock YOU.