Wednesday February 26th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Wednesday February 26th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• jbt says:

I am enthralled by our moon! Just finished watching ‘Armstrong’ – a really good documentary about Neil Armstrong, with ending credits sung by his granddaughter, Kali.

2. DanDeplorable says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Autonomous Collective says:

FISA abuses on verge of being reauthorized -15 March 2020.

Declassify info on abuses first!

5. Lucille says:

Men of Honor II

Artist: Two Steps From Hell
    Album: Heaven
    Composer: Thomas Bergersen

6. Fromseatoshinningsea says:

Financial crisis in 2008 device used by global cartel to install a foreign born non judeo Christian actor into the executive office. This potential pandemic is designed to have the same impact. If they want to shut down Chinese exports, thwart US economy, create fear, food shortages and blame it all on Trump. Its aligning, PDJT knows it. God’s hand has protected us before, a little Devine Intervention would indeed be timely.

7. Garrison Hall says:

Pepe’ Romero once referred to Manuel Barrueco as “That other fast gun in town”. This 26 year old recording of Toro Takemitesu’s fine arrangement of “Yesterday” not only stands the test of time but also shows just why Pepe’was impressed with Manuel’s Playing.

8. Kirsty I says:

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
    Ephesians 6:12

9. Lucille says:

Has any other Treeper found that YouTube either will not accept a notification request for when a certain channel releases a new video OR the notifications change from “All” to “Occasional” or “None” arbitrarily.

I’ve subscribed to The White House channel for a number of years and now YT will not send me a notification. I just checked moments ago and found that they changed the request to “None”!!!

I’ve gone to the “Manage Subscriptions” daily for the last week to change everything back to “All”…extremely frustrating.

Anyone else having problems?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“YouTube”

I have not encountered anything like that. The past few months I have had to “reload” pages more often because the YouTube stops in between messages when I am listening to a “playlist” overnight, etc.

When on my mobile devices, I have been receiving notices that “This version of YouTube is going away, do you want to switch to the new one? (I have not – yet). I think that might be the YouTube app.

You do not mention if that is occurring on mobile, desktop or both. I get White House emails, which often contain links to video, but have not been subscribed for YouTube video

• Lucille says:

Thanks, Deplorable…I only have a desktop computer. Google is making a lot of changes and perhaps they are going to cut off YT notifications altogether…who knows? Guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

• TreeClimber says:

I haven’t had that specific problem, but I’ve noticed that Youtube 1, eats comments, and 2, does not send all comment/reply alerts like it’s supposed to.

• Lucille says:

This morning I checked my gmail account and found they’d put me back into a basic account which is workable, but I’ll have to figure out if I can still do all the things I’ve done in the past like sending photos to family and friends.

Overnight Google cancelled my YouTube account entirely. I can no longer subscribe to any channels, comment on the contents or thumbs up anything. But for the moment I can still view videos.

Guess I’m going to have to break down and buy a new computer since this old hard drive won’t update any longer. C’est la vie!

• Jorizabeth says:

Not permanently. He’s still not off the hook. He lied in one instance, but Durham is still on the spying scam! He will be in court.

• Jim in TN says:

Hope springs eternal.
        “Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
        Man never Is, but always To be blest.
        The soul, uneasy, and confin’d from home,
        Rests and expatiates in a life to come.”
        Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

Found this pleasant Hymn. https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/nt/708
        Fresh as the dew of the morning,
        Bringing a sweet rest unheard,
        Christ, in the gentle anointing,
        Whispers His comforting word:
        Stand till the trial is over,
        Stand till the tempest is gone,
        Stand for the glory of Jesus,
        Stand till the kingdom is won.
        Lord of all hope,
        O how sweet is Thy voice,
        Making my heart
        In Thy presence rejoice.
        If in the test of my trouble,
        Faint be my spirit and heart,
        Faith, with the star of hope glimm’ring,
        Shall all be taken apart,
        May then Thy faith with Thy life-pow’r
        Over me hold its full sway
        That all Thy riches of glory
        Now I may share and for aye.
        Lord, as the morning sun dawning,
        Chase all my darkness away,
        And with Thy kind wings of healing
        Turn all my night into day.
        Come Thou, O come, Lord of comfort,
        Come to my sad, weary heart,
        Come, O Thou blest hope of glory,
        Never, O never depart.

The site doesn’t say who wrote the hymn.

10. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Solomon’s Wisdom?

“If Solomon was given such great wisdom, why wasn’t he able to use it in his own affairs?”

Solomon is well known for the wisdom he demonstrated when two women both claimed to be the mother of a baby boy. His suggestion that the baby be divided in half with a sword to satisfy both parties revealed which woman was the loving mother and which was a selfish imposter (1 Kings 3:16-28). In addition, the wisdom he displayed in the Book of Proverbs is part of the reason that the books of Job through Ecclesiastes are known as the “wisdom literature” in the Bible. The Queen of Sheba found his wisdom positively breathtaking (1 Kings 10:4,5).

But in his own personal life, Solomon displayed a striking lack of wisdom when he married “outlandish” pagan women who caused him to sin (1 Kings 11:1-8; Neh. 13:26). In addition, his decision to unwisely tax the people of Israel too heavily planted seeds of discontent in the northern ten tribes, seeds that eventually led them to secede and form their own nation (1 Kings 12). Plus, how unwise do you have to be to choose to have a thousand mothers-in-law? (I can say that because I have a terrific mother-in-law!)

But while Solomon’s wisdom is legendary, God would have had to interfere with his free will to cause him to implement his wisdom and use it to govern his affairs. And if God were to force a man in Israel to walk in wisdom, how could He justly reward him with “ten cities” to rule in the kingdom of heaven on earth (Luke 19:17), while only giving “five cities” to a man He didn’t force to walk in wisdom (v. 19)?

An old saying says, “Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.” Similarly, God’s right to impose His will ends where man’s will begins, something that He decreed to be so in the original creation. You see, He Himself has free will, and He made man in His own image (Gen. 1:27). And while man fell afterwards, we know that he still retains the image of God, for the reason murder is still a capital offense is that “in the image of God made He man” (Gen. 9:6).

What a lesson for us! It’s not how wise you are about the Bible that matters, it’s whether you are walking in wisdom that counts with God. Remember, it is our apostle Paul who wrote,

“Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, DO: and the God of peace shall be with you” (Phil. 4:9).

1 Kings 3:16 Then came there two women, that were harlots, unto the king, and stood before him.
    17 And the one woman said, O my lord, I and this woman dwell in one house; and I was delivered of a child with her in the house.
    18 And it came to pass the third day after that I was delivered, that this woman was delivered also: and we were together; there was no stranger with us in the house, save we two in the house.
    19 And this woman’s child died in the night; because she overlaid it.

20 And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.
    21 And when I rose in the morning to give my child suck, behold, it was dead: but when I had considered it in the morning, behold, it was not my son, which I did bear.
    22 And the other woman said, Nay; but the living is my son, and the dead is thy son. And this said, No; but the dead is thy son, and the living is my son. Thus they spake before the king.
    23 Then said the king, The one saith, This is my son that liveth, and thy son is the dead: and the other saith, Nay; but thy son is the dead, and my son is the living.
    24 And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king.

25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.
    26 Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her bowels yearned upon her son, and she said, O my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it. But the other said, Let it be neither mine nor thine, but divide it.
    27 Then the king answered and said, Give her the living child, and in no wise slay it: she is the mother thereof.
    28 And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment.

1 Kings 10:4 And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon’s wisdom, and the house that he had built,
    5 And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his ascent by which he went up unto the house of the LORD; there was no more spirit in her.

1 Kings 11:1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;
    2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
    3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
    4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
    6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
    7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
    8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

Nehemiah 13:26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin.

Luke 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. …19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

11. Laurie Walker says:

15 year old from the U.S.

The blue background is horrendous.

• Jim in TN says:

Since it is a competition, the background was most likely chosen to make every movement and pause highly visible to the judges.

And horrid helps drag down any who are without great presence and poise.

Either that, or somebody had wicked plans to ‘bluescreen’ in some backgrounds for private viewing.

Hey Mary, how about that as an editing task? I wonder if the floor is blue enough that the dancers could be dancing on anything, not just in front of anything? Since those are valuable skills in today’s movies, standout work could help land jobs. Or do the lighting contrasts work against this?

12. Janie M. says:

Found this great photo of Bette Davis and yes, I agree with her sentiment. 😉

13. Dora says:

14. just stevie says:

INFERIOR MISGIVINGS ABOUT JESUS

“Sir, Thou hast nothing to draw with.” John vi. 11

“I am impressed with the wonder of what God says, but He cannot expect me really to live it out in the details of my life!” When it comes to facing Jesus Christ on His own merits, our attitude is one of pious superiority – Your ideals are high and they impress us, but in touch with actual things, it cannot be done. Each of us thinks about Jesus in this way in some particular. These misgivings about Jesus start from the amused questions put to us when we talk of our transactions with God – Where are you going to get your money from? How are you going to be looked after? Or they start from ourselves when we tell Jesus that our case is a bit too hard for Him. It is all very well to say “Trust in the Lord,” but a man must live, and Jesus has nothing to draw with – nothing whereby to give us these things. Beware of the pious fraud in you which says – I have no misgivings about Jesus, only about myself. None of us ever had misgivings about ourselves; we know exactly what we cannot do, but we do have misgivings about Jesus. We are rather hurt at the idea that He can do what we cannot.

My misgivings arise from the fact that I ransack my own person to find out how He will be able to do it. My questions spring from the depths of my own inferiority. If I detect these misgivings in myself, let me bring them to the light and confess them – “Lord, I have had misgivings about Thee, I have not believed in Thy wits apart from my own; I have not believed in Thine almighty power apart from my finite understanding of it.”

Oswald Chambers
    February 26th Devotional

• Pale rider says:

Remember when the disciples were to feed the multitude? How they asked?
      I’m getting older and see a land of promise in Jesus, the word, I hope, I pray for that occurrence in my life that I might share that with a world in need.
      The spirit is where it all comes from but yet inventory is always in the physical. We as believers must ‘quit that’.
      Did you ever think God created our imaginations? And his promise was “more than we can ask or even think” every imaginable thought can be ours. WOW! Every imaginable thought.

• just stevie says:

OC addressed how to use our imaginations for God in his Feb 10th devotion. That was very enlightening to me…! So my question is, why don’t we have this ability today? And my answer is that God isn’t going to give a gift like that to a man unless that person is totally TOTALLY devoted to God in every way possible. I can’t say that I have achieved that ability, but my desire is there to build that relationship with my Father.

• Pale rider says:

Yes stevie, 100% correct.
          I read several different aspects or teachings in that area and every single one singles out ……doubt.
          They are not all biblical but results happen on a spiritual level regardless. Just the thing Jesus taught us. I have ‘no doubt’ God has given us this ability. We are his image, his words mean just that. But, in righteousness we are working with God..
          And even still it is a faith, and no doubt plus teaching, understanding, and constant practice to achieve. A “walk in the cool of the day with our Lord.”
          I also have been made aware that this ability is active in a negative way also. The issue then becomes how quickly we destroy ourselves with it. Again, without Christ on the throne we all fall. When Christ is on the throne he can guide us in his perfect will for us all away from death.
          It’s not to be afraid of, most believers are. I imagine when we do meet Jesus either in heaven or when he comes back and we embrace him as eternal beings we will say “yep, it was always there” and step into that gift as if we never had a doubt.
          Blessings to you Stevie i enjoy having your thoughts.

• Psalm1391316 says:

Ephesians 3:20

15. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

16. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.”
    John 15:16 (KJV)

17. Angus D says:

All conservatives and Trump supporters would have been rounded up and put in camps, then executed, because of the bullshat coronavirus, just like the chicoms are doing to their own people right now. Thank God hillary lost, she was supposed to be our executioner…..

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

19. Val says:

What The Lord Has Done In Me
    David Wesley

20. Dora says:

This is an attempt to dehumanize the baby. Shameful!

21. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the Lord Jesus as the Lamb of God:

1. As the Lamb born in a sheep-stall.
    2. As the Lamb persecuted by men of wolfish temper, such as Herod.
    3. As the sacrificial Lamb, who submitted to torture and death.
    4. As the victorious Lamb of God on the heavenly throne.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau) for today – February 13th – on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

22. Dora says:

23. annieoakley says:

Does anyone know what happened to A2? Placing this here because I haven’t seen his/her post on Corona virus for days. I also liked the posts on what was really going on in China.

24. Dora says:

25. From the Gateway Pundit:

“But Lindsey Graham lied.
    Senator Lindsey Graham is a fraud.
    Lindsey Graham has scheduled NO COMMITTEE HEARINGS on the largest political scandal in US history — the Spygate scandal.
    Lindsey Graham has refused to call in any FBI, CIA, or State Department operatives who lied to the FISA Court and then spied on opposition candidate Donald Trump and then President Donald Trump.”

And Graham is supposed to be supporting PDJT? BS

26. Lucille says:

Parents Organize to Fight Back
    Posted: Feb 26, 2020 12:01 AM by Rebecca Hagelin

A nonpartisan group of parents is fighting back. Led by Deborah Flora, Parents United America seeks to restore parental authority in every area of a child’s life.

27. Dora says:

Is this meant to be a threat?

28. gunrunner03 says:

Not that the President will read this but if I had his ear I would suggest the following to him regarding the upcoming presidential debates. The current venue/manner using MSM folks as moderators is not the way to go. My recommendation is that he propose to his opponent, the press, the voters, that he will engage in two debates. Each candidate gets to pick his/her moderator. No questions asked. The challenger goes first. The President goes second. His moderator should be Mark Levin (that would be my choice). C-SPAN is the broadcaster, if none of the MSM wants to carry. The VP’s go last, just one debate. The moderators used by the President and his challenger are the two moderators used for the VP’s. No changes. It’s a take it or leave it proposition. The President doesn’t need to debate. The Dems do. Use it to his advantage, not theirs. If anyone can change the dynamic of these debates it’s President Trump.

29. MakersMark says:

Lyrics to a song I wrote in 1971. I sang this one from the choir loft in church a couple times.

ARE YOU RUNNING WITH ME JESUS

How can I say that I, have really tried
    To think of you and say, you’re by my side
    And tomorrow, what’ll come of me
    With my mind in doubt
    But I know I need you Jesus
    You’re the one way out

Are you running with me Jesus
    Everywhere I go
    Will you be there when I’m walking
    Let your Footprints show

I know that I’ve been told, throughout my life
    That you are always with me, every day and night
    There’s a Trinity, and I’m the host
    I say my prayers on sight
    The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
    The miracle of life

Are you running with me Jesus
    Everywhere I go
    Will you be there when I’m walking
    Let your Footprints show
    Let your Footprints show

30. mandy says:

Planning ahead is a good thing.

31. Lucille says:

Woody 75 Years later
    Marines

Published on Feb 24, 2020
    75 years later, at the age of 96, Cpl. Hershel W. “Woody” Williams recounts his actions during the Battle of Iwo Jima.

32. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

33. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

34. VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms says:

Good night, stay warm and keep your powder dry…

Now the light has gone away;
    Father, listen while I pray,
    Asking you to watch and keep
    And to send me quiet sleep.

Jesus, Savior, wash away
    All that has been wrong today;
    Make me more like you each day
    In all that I do and say.

Let my near and dear ones stand
    In the hollow of your hand;
    Oh, bring me and all I love
    To your happy home above.

Now my evening praise I give;
    You once died that I might live.
    All my blessings come from you
    Through your kindness ever new.

O my blest and dearest Friend,
    You will love me to the end.
    Let me love you more and more,
    Always better than before.

Author: Liederbuch fur Kleinkinger-Schulen
    Tune: Mude Bin Ich
    1st Published in: 1870

35. Troublemaker10 says:

36. Despicable Me says:

GMU’s own, Dr. Walter Williams….one of the best economists of our time.

37. Despicable Me says:

Gotta love Texas for their love of the unborn. The ACLU on the other hand, not so much.