Earlier today Dr. Nancy Messonnier, an official in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), held a conference call with media and pushed a panic narrative around the Coronvirus that ran counter to the Trump administration.

What makes the statements by Dr. Messonnier even more interesting is the fact she is the only sister of former DOJ Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Dr. Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (link) told reporters on the call:

“We are asking the American public to work with us to prepare for the expectation that this could be bad.” … “I understand this whole situation may seem overwhelming and that disruption to everyday life may be severe. But these are things that people need to start thinking about now.” (link)

The alarming message from Dr. Messonnier was quickly picked up by most major news organizations and pushed into all reporting on the issue.  The tone of the alarm is also counter to the message of the Trump administration and HHS Secretary Alex Azar, as outlined in a press conference with leadership from U.S. Health and Human Services.

[NYT LINK]

As you can see, it is the statements by Dr. Messonnier and not HHS Secretary Alex Azar that are driving the media narrative.

Considering the interests of the issue(s); and considering what lessons we have learned over the past three years about the severity of opposition to the Trump administration writ large; and considering the known actions and inherent ideology already identified within the behavior of Mr. Rosenstein; weaponizing the political value of Coronavirus as an economic contagion to undermine President Trump is not easily dismissed….

….After all, there are trillions at stake.

Take this one step further…

Now, evaluate the panicked declarations from Dr. Messonnier, Rod Rosenstein’s sister, against the public briefing delivered today by HHS Secretary Alex Azar Health, CDC Principal Deputy Director Anne Schuchat and National Institute of Allergy and Infections Diseases Anthony Fauci, as they brief reporters on the current state of the coronavirus and ongoing efforts to combat the spread.  WATCH: (prompted just hit play)

The CDC confirms there are 53 cases known in the U.S.  Forty cases came from passengers repatriated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship that was quarantined off the coast of Japan.  HHS confirms 36 of the cases are directly attributed to the cruise ship, three patients were infected in Wuhan and later evacuated to the U.S., and the rest were U.S. persons infected while traveling overseas prior to the January 31st travel ban.

However, it was the alarming telephone conference call from Dr. Messonnier, Rod Rosenstein’s sister, that the media chose to focus on.

There is a strong argument to be made that various resistance government officials like Dr. Messonnier, in alignment with democrat resistance politicians, are attempting to weaponize fear and talking-points about the coronavirus in order to inflict maximum damage upon the Trump administration; regardless of both psychological and actual economic impact to the public.

To give a perspective on the way Dr. Messonnier’s message is being expanded, just watch the first 30 seconds of this CNBC interview with Larry Kudlow.

Food for thought…

This entry was posted in AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Cold Anger, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Election 2020, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

407 Responses to Odd Coincidence – Rogue CDC Official Pushing Coronavirus Panic Button is Rod Rosenstein’s Sister…

1. Frank says:

COVID-19 is bad news, but it’s still just a coronavirus like the common cold. As people keep pointing out, many more people have already died from the flu this winter than from this thing.

So here’s what I think is going on with this little virus narrative:
    The Trump administration has been working to disconnect us from the globalist economic model as much as possible. No more climate treaties, no more NAFTA, no more TPP, no more any of that nonsense. As a result, parasitic globalism is failing – or “heading toward recession,” as they say. But if the architects of globalism actually admitted that their model was always based on leeching off of the US, then the whole system collapses overnight and causes a worldwide depression (except for nationalist countries like ours). So they focus on some exotic coronavirus and hype it up as the scapegoat reason for why things aren’t going according to plan anymore.

Globalism will still fail. The globalist parasites of the world will still go hungry. Messonnier’s little narrative means nothing. Let the Dow Jones falter. Let the sociopathic money-grubbing bastards of the world spiral into an emotional tailspin. They can either die in the gutter or reinvest their money in the US. It’s as simple as that.

• Fringe Dweller says:

Your take on this mirrors mine, thank you. Like.

• Frankie says:

Messosmear needs to be locked in with the sick people the State dept swine let in.

Hopefully she will die miserably.

• Dobeyxxl says:

The flu kills 0.1% on average of the people that get it. This cold virus kills 2.5%. It is irresponsible to brush this virus off or compare it to the flu since it is much more deadly currently.

Another difference between this cold virus and the flu is that this virus has the potential to collapse the emergency medical system since it is highly contagious and many times more deadly then the flu. Hospitals dont even want you yo show up unless you cant breath but to call first.

NYU medical has set up a medical hotline so patients can call instead of simply showing up for treatment.

Tens of millions are not in quarantine for the common cold nor are they for the flu.

• lftpm says:

Thank you for your fear-mongering. Pathogens become less virulent (their deleterious effects are attenuated) the longer they circulate. Two, we have far more advanced medicine than China, including anti-viral biologicals, and the ability to rapidly manufacture them using gene mapping and genetic engineering. We have superb intensive care capability for what will be short-term (acute) respiratory failure cases. The mortality rate here will be on the order of 0.1%, overall, with higher rates among the elderly and those with immunodeficiencies, e.g. cancer chemo patients, possibly infants.

Basically, the epidemic will peak here by early summer, then subside. By September, it will be be on a steep downward trajectory. It may recur next winter, but with reduced morbidity due to new biologicals, and natural decline in virulence.

• Ted Theodore says:

What most people call the flu is just a bad cold.The Flu is just slightly less dangerous than Pneumonia and it will kill a anyone thats not young and strong.

• Elizabeth Raynor Short says:

Exactly. (Word Press on’t allow simple “like”.)

• Frank, you captured my thoughts more articulately than I could form. My take is “They’re still trying to force a recession to hurt Trump’s re-election.”

• dbobway says:

You go Frank.
      By stocks in housing, ‘real’ energy,
      Get Pharmaceutical medicines back in this country, now.
      Never forget, the left will weaponize, the death of our fellow man, as a ‘means to power’.
      Let’s see add on TV of all the Democrat liars, that Russia ,did not, help Candidate Trump become President.

2. realeyecandy1 says:

Regardless I think we should all stay prepared for something sinister. I have been prepping for a few days and still need some things. I am looking at it like it’s a snowstorm, flood, etc. Best have some extras that you eat anyway and then not worry

• The Devilbat says:

Don’t forget to buy more whisky just in case things get bad.

• James Carpenter says:

Best advice, realeyecandy.
      Rod’s little skunk-sister speaks on behalf of evil. But that doesn’t mean her warnings are pure BS. Being correct for all of the wrong reasons… it could happen.

• AustinHoldout says:

The dire warnings from this woman don’t have to come to fruition for the public to be triggered into a panic that will cause food and gas shortages, so I think RealEyeCandy’s advice is good.

• Mark Smith says:

I am a single, non-smoking 69 year old retired veterinarian so I do have some medical knowledge, and I have special concerns related to my genetics and my age. I am the fourth member of my family to have COPD, and my father, uncle, and grandfather all died of it, so I am acutely sensitive to the risks of person-to-person infection.

Aside from the political effects, I believe it is far too early to conclude that this virus is just another form of influenza that can be managed easily. Methods and timing of transmission are unknown, and one can be shedding virus before and during illness, and after apparent recovery. Reinfection may occur, which means one is not immune to a second round of illness. It may be difficult to kill this virus on surfaces. Transmission and infection on the Diamond Princess was very unusual, and suggests the possibility of either terrible isolation techniques or something that might pass through ventilation ducts While the most common clinical event is a generalized pneumonia, this can go on to acute respiratory distress syndrome(ARDS) which is life threatening. In addition, there may be an enhanced immune response in sick patients that damages the kidneys, liver, and especially the heart. Arrythmias have been seen in some of these patients, which might occur due to myocardial damage or from shock.

I have included references to a paper that was written on 138 hospitalized patients in Wuhan, their clinical signs, and some percentages on pathology, deaths, and recovery. Every person here is quite capable of drawing some conclusions from reading it, but the most important element I noticed is that after a month, 61% of these people were still hospitalized. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2761044

Now what does one do about it? First, do not panic. Second, consider that it is not a trivial disease, both because it is highly infectious and it causes real pathology in an unknown percentage of patients. Third, we need to know more , and will over time. Fourth, develop a plan. What will you do if things turn badly. One cannot expect that hospitals will be available if the disease infects 30-70% of the population.

My own status tells me that it would be unlikely to survive an infection if it occurred, so I am being aggressive about self-isolation, which is quite easy for me. I have stockpiled food and water for 3 months in addition to paper products, bleach, disinfectants, nitrile gloves, a North half-mask with P-100 cartridges which I fortunately already had bought. I know about meticulous hand washing and I do it often, especially after touching grocery carts. I never touch bare exterior door knobs. I practice never touching my face. I live in a beautiful 19th century mansion, so I have books, chamber music, and conservativetreehouse to keep me company. One should limit contact with large groups(no bars, no Superbowl), no kissing or hugging or shaking hands. One can still take walks. One rule to think about is if a patient shows up with Covid-19 within 100 miles of one’s house, then go into a more complete lockdown. I have considered a handgun for protection, but am delaying a decision until more information is revealed. Everyone has to decide how far they want to go, given their circumstances…but have a plan.

• The Devilbat says:

It’s always best to prepare. Stocking up with extra supplies is the same as buying an insurance policy. The only difference is that if you don’t need it you get to eat all the food that you stored. As to a handgun, I would go for a nice lightweight rifle such as a Bushmaster Carbon fiber body AR-15. The last thing you need is to shoot someone at close range and have their body fluids everywhere.

• majorkalhoun says:

We all die. But your chances of dying from this particular strain of Coronavirus is less than dying from slipping in your shower. I’m getting my pneumonia shot updated and going on with life. If it’s my time to die, so be it. But I refuse to live in fear, especially fear ratcheted up by the media and Obama loyalists (Commies).

• Bakokitty says:

I think with your history of genetics you are very wise. I worked as an RT for 20 years. I think it is a good idea to have some provisions for the possible need to stay away from crowds and as I am a few years older than you , with an 80 y/o hubby with health needs,
        I am trying to get supplies for him stocked up. Guess it’s the old Girl Scout in me that say to get prepared. It would be easy to keep dry goods like rices, beans, and can good, but diabetics just can’t live on carbs ( it 2ill drive up their blood sugar. So find a balance is tricky.
        I agree having paper, goods, bleach,soaps, water, , masks are hard to get due to lack of availability and those for sale are at outrageous cost due to supply/demand.
        I think it is smart to buy what you would normally use eventually thus not a waste of money in the long run and it may well save you in the short run.
        Medications may be difficult to get for 3 months unless you ask your Dr to prescribe them that way.
        Hand washing is imperative, …as for a gun …well when others run out of food they will come for yours. Consider this!
        Have a plan, yes and you are ahead of many of us. Good advice sir.

• James Carpenter says:

Having lived and worked in Alaska in misspent youth, having adjusted to varying terms of no or truncated supply when living/working outside of town (Kodiak), the habit never left me of keeping up on essentials (and goodies). So it really stands out in my mind how ill-prepared folks can be, those who have become habituated to an “on-time-delivery” world.
          The “Prepper” label, often applied as a pejorative, irritates me. And not just because I’m stuck in “Boy Scout” mindset. It irritates because I know (and have experienced) that the very type that poo-poos “preparation” is the first to embrace “socialism” when they run short personally.
          Myself, I try to keep 3 months on hand for us (the animals are included) And I have a well-rounded selection of firearms and books to read (no use letting boredom in or obsessing about having to fight off the Zombies :-)). Admittedly, the diet would be less than exciting after a month or so, oh well….
          For folks who would like ideas of what to stock up, I recommend visiting the various LDS sites, and no, I’m not a Mormon. Take those snippets of wisdom you might use where you find them:

• Bakokitty says:

Good advice And thanks for the LDS links. I think back to the fifties where most homes had cupboards filled with canned good, both store bought and home canned, we were ready for emergencies. Yes to the paper books, no need to have a charged battery to read a book. I have plenty. I need to make Sure I have plenty of supplies for my disabled hubby. thanks for sharing your wisdom.

• James Carpenter says:

A gun can be both solution and problem, not a simple issue one just pulls off the shelf upon receiving an epiphany.
        In dire circumstance, when the adrenaline dump is changing everything about your mind and body, performance usually falls to a baseline of training. It is a myth that one can depend on “rising to the occasion”.
        Yes, own a firearm. And train with it. Go sign up for and absorb everything you can from a concealed-carry instructor. Spend time at the range (and outdoors in varying conditions) burning through boxes of ammo until your comfort and proficiency reflect some level of “muscle memory”.
        If you would only have _one_ weapon in “arsenal” strictly for at-home-defense, I’d go with a tactical shotgun, 12 gauge. Short barrel, #5 shot or bigger, up to and including buckshot.
        And yes, there would be blood.

3. James W Crawford says:

Look who is exploiting the Coronavirus for political advantage:

How much you bet that NSC disease geeks that Trump just fired are all Obama appointees.

Just IMHO, the Coronavirus can not be dismissed as not serious. Most new diseases do not pose a serious health threat. However; every few generations something really bad comes along. This could get really, really bad. Having a POITUS who is willing to seal the border could be critical for national survival.

• majorkalhoun says:

This didn’t just “come along”, the Chinese created it in a bioweapons lab. On of the techs probably exposed themselves and didn’t realize it, went shopping in the market nearby, thinking he had a common cold, and it spread from there.

Viruses mutate. What escaped the lab will change based on environmental influences. So far, zero deaths in the US. Until that dramatically changes, you are more likely to die from food poisoning at a local fast food restaurant.

4. WhiteBoard says:

when you listen to her recording SHE IS READING A PREPARED STORY. not working off talking points and accidentally adding to much. SHE IS READING WORD FOR WORD this.

• Mark L. says:

Just like Chucky.

• dawg says:

Link to the recording of her phone call? I cant find it

• Ann M. says:

• Mark Smith says:

What I have read about the genome of the Covid-19 virus at least tells me that it should be fairly easy to determine whether this virus was manufactured or natural. Large blocks of recognizable nucleotides appear to have been inserted on either end of the genome, which would be rare to occur in nature. This suggests work in a laboratory. The source really doesn’t matter right now. All energies should be directed at controlling its spread, and treating it or developing a vaccine. If this was an accident or intentional, the perpetrators can be dealt with later.

• lftpm says:

CDC, and agency of USPHS, attracts second- and third-rate minds. The best biomed science people work in top research universities like Harvard, Stanford, Rockefeller, MIT, the UC schools, and the biopharmaceutical industry hubs and private labs, like Salk and Scripps, that have grown up around these U’s. NIH is superior to CDC.

5. Brant says:

Ok, we need to close our borders and screen airport arrivals to see if they have the virus. Close borders until this is completely understood.

MSM immediately: you right wing racist bigoted hateful viralphobe. We need to shop for a judge immediately.

6. calbear84 says:

I’ve been telling my wife for the past couple months that President Trump is headed for a landslide victory in November. (I know, don’t get over-confident).
    GDP growth is solid and looks sustainable / likely to improve. Voter demographics are shifting, with Blacks supporting Trump at 34% (probably higher), and Brad Parscale’s data from MAGA / KAG rallies shows an influx of people who sat out 2016, and of those who previous voted (D). These numbers spell doom for the Uni-party kleptocracy.
    So what will the power brokers do to prevent the inevitable? Well, crashing the market would be one tactic. I don’t even want to think of more sinister possibilities.
    The good news is they’ve jumped the gun on this attempt to derail the market. I know we’re all praying every day for Donald Trump and his family’s safety.

7. MVW says:

Lou Dobbs is 100% right. Give that CDC lady a promotion. China CCP made the strategic mistake of understating the virus. Dealing with a virus is one thing, but distrusting your Gruberment is far worse when dealing with the virus.

Consider some one yelling in a crowded theater, ‘There is going to be a fire in 3 months!’ Well, wall street will first panic, then see this as a business opportunity in the construction and banking sectors.

Get the bad news out there as fast as possible, then there won’t be panic which is the worst situation. No one says, ‘What ever you do, don’t tell them that it could be a cat 5 hurricane!’ Instead, the worst case is drummed, broadcast, day and night so people are prepared. Stop smoking, take your vitamin C, get plenty of sleep, keep your immune system in top shape. Then if and when you deal with it, you say, ‘Wow! that was a nothing burger’ or, ‘We had time to do our best.’

Treat this like a Cat 5 hurricane and do simple preps. The Stock market will do just fine. The economy will do just fine. Trump will bring pharma jobs back Trump-Time.

8. Mr_Mayhem says:

I think she is spot on accurate with that “panic button” description of reality. It’s not really panic, it’s realistic honesty. Look at peakprosperity.com for a rational video set on coronavirus daily facts and then judge. Rational preparation falls between ignorance and panic- it’s a spectrum, not ether/or. Use reason based on the facts to judge for yourselves. I think we need to be beyond politics at this point; now it’s about survival by prudent planning and material preparation, at all levels of society down to the individual.

• lftpm says:

Covid-9 will kill more people than our otherwise most-dangerous-danger-in-the-world, climate change. But not many more.

• Mark Smith says:

I am predicting that one of the few benefits of the Covid-19 pandemic is that it will suck up so many federal and state resources that 6 months from now, no one will be talking about climate change at all, but more about survival. No one in government will be even thinking about the massive expenses of switching to renewables.The Dems now have a real crisis to try to solve. Fortunately we have fossil fuels, which have done more to help families survive and thrive than any other single entity! And its all in place, working well, relatively clean, totally reliable, and mostly independent.

9. MaineCoon says:

Linked below is an embedded audio file of Dr. Messonnier on a CDC Partner Call on 2.21.

The CDC post is entitled: ” Interim Guidance for Businesses & Employers to Plan & Respond to Coronovious Disease 2019, February 2020″.

She isn’t spreading fear & panic in this call at all. Just doing the normal guidance preparations.

10. NJF says:

My fingers hit the wrong buttons on the remote & up popped MSNBC telling me the POTUS is misleading Americans about the virus.

And Tucker’s hair is on fire. SMH

11. Texian says:

I understand their concern.. so let’s start by putting Congress under quarantine until after the election.. lock ’em up..

12. oldersoul says:

Tucker Carlson running full throttle tonight with this woman’s reckless hysteria. Full direct quotes and her audio. But nothing about her true identity or the actual facts.

He follows it with hysterical far-left Atlantic quotes, and then a scare piece implying we need to close all the airports.

I’m surprised he didn’t have Tulsi on to pontificate how she would solve this in 2 days.

I suspect the order has come from Paul Ryan and the management to stoke the coronavirus hysteria full blast, to dirty up the Administration.

The entire show, 20 minutes in, 100% coronavirus.

Carlson is part of the problem. And he still can’t bring himself to say Eric Ciaramella. He presents a slick act, and follows marching orders. At least he lets his guests talk.

• sDee says:

Fox News – you can chew but never swallow.

• HorseWhisperer says:

Do you realise perhaps every other country in the world right now is taking this virus pretty damn seriously? As much as people on this site are angry their 401k got slapped in the last couple of sessions, it’s a bit of a stretch to conclude this is some Fox News conspiracy created by Paul Ryan because he doesn’t like VSGPOTUS.

This coronavirus news is dominating every market right now. If you want an idea of what’s really going on in Asia right now, go to the TomTom website and check out live traffic stats in the big cities. NOTHING is going on, millions of usually productive people are sitting at home in quarantine. Supply chains are at risk, companies across the globe have slashed earnings forecasts, and none of this has anything to do with Paul Ryan.

• sundance says:

• Raptors2020 says:

Tucker is a true eccentric. He’s weird and doesn’t realize it. We could use far more of those in our media. Not cranks or crazy people, but pleasant oddballs.

We used to have lots of eccentrics on TV or in the newspaper. They’re funny and entertaining and they sell. It’s one of the many reasons newspapers are dying. Instead, we have a choreographed onslaught of propaganda; talking heads using the same words and phrases.

Freedom of speech is largely a license to be an eccentric. Rant on, Tucker!

13. The Boss says:

Fire the bitch.
    And take her coat.

14. leavemygunsalone says:

Finally it is out. I have been trying since forever to get people to learn this tidbit. So frustrating it has taken this long, but at least it is getting coverage.

15. leighdiaz3973 says:

The PANIC button is very large and they hit it a lot don’t they?
    Swine Flu and the Avian Flu Pandemic- SARS MERS we’re all gonna die-

take precautions and prepare don’t panic

• johnnybiface says:

Well, I suppose the coronovirus will certainly pick up the slack and kill the thousands left that haven’t died yet from the mass deaths caused by the with withdrawals from Net Nuetrality and the Paris Climate Accords apocalypse.

• Raptors2020 says:

johnny:
        The great Eric Sevareid said (long ago, and paraphrasing from memory) that the main industry in America is not steel or automobiles, but the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.

Without the words “may” and “could” the news media would be dead as the buggy whip business.

• Your Tour Guide says:

:Yep. Raptor, replying way after you go to bed
          but….

Every couple of months for YEARS the media
          runs wall to wall coverage of everything that’s
          supposed to keep us terrified, in behind locked
          doors, watching THEM for updates ( and continued
          indoctrination).

School shootings, sars, avian flu, ……

You can’t send your kids to school. Some nut will
          shoot them. You can’t go outside, some bird or misquoto
          born virus will take you out. Any escaped convict in
          local areas gets massive coverage. Don’t wipe your
          counters with old dish rags, it’ll spread infections. Oprah
          tells you so, and she doesn’t lie, now does she? She
          might also happen to have ads for the quicker picker upper,
          but that’s beside the point.

Keep us scared. Keep us dependent. Keep us inside.
          Keep us from congregating and discussing things that we
          notice, without the TV, MSM correcting them. It’s important
          to the media that we stay inside, growing fat, with them to
          “entertain and inform us”. Otherwise, we might start to notice
          things, and talk to others about them.

This is why I like to continually harp about getting your friends
          and neighbors out of the house, taking walks. Particularly when
          “The View” is on.

• doohmax says:

Ah, the old panic button. Who can forget the hustle….er…..hysteria over Y2K?

16. Mr_Mayhem says:

Essentially, the US needs to go on a war footing against this virus. Everyone will need to re-evaluate what the new normal is many times as the shock waves of disease and economic disruption advance towards us. What we need at all levels now is calm, prompt and steady preparation. Put some extra stuff in your pantry and medicine cabinet, run a few check-lists down similar to hurricane prep.

We have a narrowing window; buy some things now so the resupply system isn’t quite as clobbered later when the rest of us figure it out.

17. MaineCoon says:

I received an email today from an Emory University group that is hooked-at-the-hip with CDC, which, literally, is a stone’s throw from each other. This group focuses on vaccines. The chart included at the bottom is “one way of looking at coronavirus”…indicating no fear and panic there.

EMAIL TEXT BELOW:

Spread the news widely and immediately. The March meeting of the VDC is NEXT WEDNESDAY
    COVID-19:

James V. Lavery, PhD
    Conrad N. Hilton Chair in Global Health Ethics
    Professor, Hubert Department of Global Health
    Rollins School of Public Hea
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Dear ,

Here’s one way of looking at coronavirus…

# Cases # Deaths
    Influenza (2019-2020 est) 15,000,000 – 21,000,000 8,200 – 20,000
    Tuberculosis (2018) 10,000,000 1,200,000
    Measles, worldwide (2018) 9,869,400 142,300
    Coronavirus (2020)* 80,377 2,707
    Ebola (2014-2016) 28,616 11,300
    SARS (2003) 8,098 774

18. cambee99 says:

I’m fine with the CDC going rogue and saying how bad this might get.

At this point, you can’t isolate the outbreak. It is in America. This is a fact! We need to stop playing politics on this and get ready! Supply chains are nearing breaking points.

• What are you talking about? I don’t know anyone who has anything other than a cold.

• majorkalhoun says:

You are kidding, right? You are vastly more likely to die from TB. Is that keeping you in your house?

• gringz says:

It’s only in America because we brought our citizens home. They are quarantined . Yes, someone could have got in that we don’t know about yet, but so far all the cases are from travelers, only 2 have transmitted the disease to another person and that was before we started quarantining . There are 88 people who are still in quarantine, so it’s possible a few f them will be added to the list of the infected, but they will remain quarantined until they recover and will not be spreading it.

19. FPCHmom says:

This6 tweet thread is good (for a laugh) –

20. I can’t believe anyone would actually panic over a virus. Give me a break; there are viruses everywhere all of the time. It just seems so ridiculous to me….go buy some Wellness Formula…that will knock out anything if you start taking it as soon as you feel sick, really..I swear by it. I guess I am immune to hysteria over some virus…I don’t get it.

21. Jeff says:

And the ad to the right Oxybreath Pro – best mask for a Pandemic.
    SMH

22. jumpinjarhead says:

Do not forget the candid admission by Rahm Emanuel when he was CoS to the Annointed One, Barack Hussein Obama to the effect that a “crisis” should never be wasted in terms of using the hysteria surrounding it to advance policies that would otherwise be unacceptable to the people and even violative of the Constitution.

The corollary of course is that if necessary, a “crisis” must be created to then allow advantage to be taken of it.

That is precisely what is going on with this virus. The leftists and anti-Trumpers see this as the next lever to be pulled to bring on the evil Trump’s downfall.

23. Mac says:

Here is the big problem with the COVID-19 virus, NO ONE, outside of China, has any idea what it is. They are clueless as to the number of cases currently in existence. Because of that, they have NO idea what the fatality rate of the virus is, if the number of fatalities is accurate. No, the biggest danger, to domestic political interests, is what happens if this virus gets lose in the huge homeless populations of LA, SF, Portland, Seattle, NYC, Baltimore and other places.These populations are all high risk for any similar diseases. They would overload the public health system and hospitals in those areas. 95% of all those infected with influenza are treated at home, not in an institutional setting. Yet, at the moment, as little or nothing is known about the COVID-19 virus, all those diagnosed with it are quarantined in institutional settings, aka hospitals. What happens if 30,000 homeless people turn up at area hospitals and are diagnosed with COVID? Where are they housed for treatment? CRASH!!! There goes the LA public health system.

24. Super Elite says:

There may be evidence that the coronavirus attacks the Chinese race much as the black race is susceptible to certain blood diseases (Cannot remember what they are called. Not a MD.)

25. RLTW says:

So the Nasfuratu Judeo-Marxists with pointy ears are continuing their efforts to destroy America? Oh my! Surprise, Surprise! And the DOJ is complicit. And the FBI is complicit. And the media is complicit. And Congress is complicit. And the NGOs are complicit. And the UN is complicit. And the WHO is complicit. Etc…

Guess who isn’t complicit? Guess who isn’t a perpetrator?

President Trump.

26. Just for giggles, note a “breaking” red chyron above CNBCs webpage hosting the Kudlow interview-

Bloomberg’s company announces mandatory sexual harassment training

Media coordination- not too worried about that after ShamPeachment…held in lowest trust numbers ever, and circling the bowl- at some point this becomes self-reinforcing clown show…

27. TonyE says:

I do believe the World’s polities are “handling” the numbers, but for one rogue person to go and make such a press conference, without real numbers and while employed should be grounds for immediate dismissal with prejudice.

She should be FIRED tomorrow AM.

Then, she can say whatever she wants, so long as she doesn’t break the NDAs and security agreements.

28. Mr_Mayhem says:

Here is a live coronavirus stats dashboard with nice graphs Click see more graphs to see numbers outside of China.
    Note all countries outside China are growing exponentially except for Singapore which is in summer temps.

29. MaineCoon says:

Briefly I was a contract worker on a on a short-term 4-month assignment as a specific HHS directive project to CDC. I was assigned to a lab which was under the auspice of Division of Bacterial Diseases, which is under the umbrella of National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) of which Dr. Messonnier is currently Director.

I was at CDC when the Africa Ebola Outbreak began. No one ever talked about this terrible outbreak with “fear or panic”. No one. Everyone I interacted with were unemotional, extremely nice, very serious worker bees with even-keeled personalities. Even those CDC employees who deployed to Africa and upon their return (subsequent to a quarantine timeframe) gave public reports to any CDC employees to present the on-site Ebola situation. All of them were very responsible, unemotional in their presentation; very scientific in Q&A discussion. No one was presenting in a “fear and panic” mode.

As referenced in my above post, in the embedded audio file, Dr. Messonnier states that like that Partner Call CDC does many “Partner Calls’ with their Partners. I have a choir acquaintance who said the USA health network she is part of has had such CDC Partner Calls. It’s all about preparedness – not fear or panic.

Even during the Ebola outbreak when the news outlets parked outside of the CDC gates waiting for the designated timeframe of the then-CDC Director to give an update on the Ebola Outbreak, he never presented in a ‘fear and panic” mode. It just isn’t how CDC operates.

Therefore, based on my experience at CDC, I, like Sundance, conclude that Dr. Messonnier’s motive for presenting a ‘fear and panic” mode AT THIS TIMEFRAME TO THE PUBLIC regarding the coronavirus outbreak, which is 99% (??) OUTSIDE THE USA FOR THE MOST PART is totally out of character not only for a CDC employee but also CDC as an entity.

I take this outbreak seriously. I follow the live streaming daily @Agenda-Free.tv to get the daily number updates in each country. Preparedness on the CDC web pages is normal CDC protocol. I do not think it was appropriate for Dr. Messonnier to be a lone wolf with fear & panic tactics to the public. That wasn’t CDC protocol during the 2014 Ebola Outbreak. Sundance’s theory bears credibility.

30. Cowboy79 says:

Everyone who lost any money after her announcement is part of a trillion dollar class action suit.

31. MaineCoon says:

FTA: QUESTION: Mr. Armstrong; Have you been called in by the World Bank because of the coronavirus? The rumor is you are advising on this pandemic from a financial crisis perspective. Yes or no? Some say you have a financial interest in not calling this a pandemic. Care to comment?

ANSWER: Yes, we have been called in to do studies and forecasts based on the coronavirus. No, we have no financial interest either way. That makes a really stupid rumor. We do not do such projects on some sort of a contingency basis. I am not at liberty to say by who. However, if there is a pandemic, the World Health Organisation gets to keep money and the bondholders lose. You figure out who would be asking for help.

For those who are not part of the conspiracy networks, this is related to the outstanding World Bank Pandemic Bonds which will come due for expiration this July here in 2020. This will be in the neighborhood of $500 million which is perhaps a structured derivative time bomb that most people have never heard of.

32. Lulu says:

Ninety percent of the DC feds are extremely partisan lefties. They hate the President and they hate you. They are overpaid, underworked, often incompetent, and to a person blame America first hacks.

The only way to save the country is to massively shrink the federal government they are irredeemable we can only hope to lesson their power and reach.

Unfortunately, most Americans seem completely unaware and uninterested and those that do pay attention don’t seem to want to believe that the vast majority of feds are bad people who are living very comfy lives off the backs of the people they want to control.

33. Bill says:

This could work out perfectly for Trump. This highlights the need to shut down/control the borders. This highlights the need to decouple from China. This could showcase his ability to crisis manage. If America handles this well while the rest of the world has mass trouble and experiences a lot of loss and chaos, Trump will look great. It can also spin into a pro 2A situation. Stating people need to be able to defend their property/family from looters and unprepared criminals looking to pillage.

And I think PDJT can AND will rise to the occasion.

34. Mr_Mayhem says:

A recent coronavirus podcast with a panel of folks who are focused on the big picture.

One of the panelists has a deep YouTube coronavirus update page:

35. The Devilbat says:

I was watching a world map that Johns Hopkins University has up. Yesterday it became restricted and asks for a password. Today a similar map that were put up by the Centers for Disease Control -CDC also became restricted as did a map from the World Health organization – WHO. Other maps froze a few days ago and have not been updated. Why are we suddenly being left in the dark?

The truth is that the virus is coming here. An infected person can carry and spread the virus for two weeks before they show the first symptoms. We may have stopped flights from China but what about infected people from Italy and South Korea. They are still flying in as are others who may be infected. All of them will look healthy so there is absolutely no way to stop this virus.

The good news is that the western world will finally figure out the foolhardiness of relying on China for all their supplies. The US will likely begin to make our medicines back here in the USA as well as many other things that we totally rely on from China.

We all know that the democrats will try to use the virus to hurt trump, but if a meteorite landed in the middle of the Sahara desert they would blame Trump for it. To quote Rahm Emanuel, “You never let a serious crisis go to waste.” The democrats however will not just see the US stock market drop in value but they will see every market in the world drop along with it due 100% to fears of a broken supply train. The disease we face is the sellout for cheap labor and cheap products, not a virus.

• nimrodman says:

“The good news is that the western world will finally figure out the foolhardiness of relying on China for all their supplies”

The good news is that the western world will finally figure out the foolhardiness of relying on bat-eaters for all their supplies

The good news is that the western world will finally figure out the foolhardiness of relying on lab-monkey-eaters for all their supplies

… just a couple alternate expressions to choose from

• nimrodman says:

Devilbat – you’re the only one who “liked” my comment
      … but – as a bat – I reckon it had more immediate relevance to you

36. sunnyflower5 says:

We’ve seen those two before

37. The Corona Virus is a Black Swan event that is tanking the Stock Market, dimming POTUS’s strongest campaign talking point. It also originated from the country which has the most to lose from an additional 4 years of MAGA. I don’t believe it’s a coincidence.

There are TRILLIONS at stake.

38. MAGADJT says:

This is an attempt to panic the lemmings and strain/break the consumer goods distribution system so that people will vote for change in the next election. The virus is real, but they are trying to panic the population beyond what is reasonable.

39. WVPatriot says:

When will we ever get rid of rod rosenstein, his sister nan and his attorney wife — lisa barsoomian???

Did not Lisa work/worked in the FOIA department, and also represented separately bill and hillary clinton for decades?

The swamp is very, very, very deep!

40. The Devilbat says:

I thought that I would share this interesting article with everyone. Why can I believe this?

China’s Secret Plan To Weaponize Viruses

In a secret speech given to high-level Communist Party cadres nearly two decades ago, Chinese Defense Minister Gen. Chi Haotian explained a long-range plan for ensuring a Chinese national renaissance.

He said there were three vital issues that must be grasped. The first was the issue of living space—because China is severely overpopulated and China’s environment is deteriorating. The second issue, therefore, is that the Communist Party must teach the Chinese people to “go out.” By this Gen. Chi meant the conquest of new lands in which a “second China” could be built by “colonization.” From this arises the third vital issue: the “issue of America.”

Gen. Chi warned his listeners: “This appears to be shocking, but the logic is actually very simple.” China is “in fundamental conflict with the Western strategic interest.” Therefore, the United States will never allow China to seize other countries to build a second China. The United States stands in China’s way.

Chi explained the problem as follows: “Would the United States allow us to go out to gain new living space? First, if the United States is firm in blocking us, it is hard for us to do anything significant to Taiwan, Vietnam, India, or even Japan, [so] how much more living space can we get? Very trivial! Only countries like the United States, Canada, and Australia have the vast land to serve our need for mass colonization.”

“We are not as foolish as to want to perish together with America by using nuclear weapons,” said the general. “Only by using non-destructive weapons that can kill many people will we be able to reserve America for ourselves.” The answer is found in biological weapons. “Of course,” he added, “we have not been idle, in the past years we have seized the opportunity to master weapons of this kind.”

The ruling Chinese Communist Party considers biological weapons to be the most important weapons for accomplishing their goal of “cleaning up America.” Chi credits Deng Xiaoping with putting biological weapons ahead of all other weapon systems in the Chinese arsenal:

“When Comrade Xiaoping was still with us, the Party Central Committee had the perspicacity to make the right decision not to develop aircraft carrier groups and focus instead on developing lethal weapons that can eliminate mass populations of the enemy country.”

Source: https://greatgameindia.com/coronavirus-chinas-secret-plan-to-weaponize-viruses/

• InAz says:

@ Devil Bat

Thank you. I believe it. Nothing surprises me anymore.
      When the Corona Virus outbreak was reported my first thought was population control. The 🤬 Commie Dems in the USA have spoken of reducing the world population, as has UN.

It is flipping frustrating that people can not see and refuse to see the good President Trump is doing for the USA.

• frances says:

I take that with a grain of salt, the OBOR program has opened up most of the world for China, they are everywhere in Asia, in Africa. They use their own people to do the building of whatever is needed by way of roads, rails, bridges, infrastructure, electrical, etc. They have millions of people working on this around the world, no need to kill off the US nor any other nation. There are suggestions out there that the virus is not deadly unless you are a Chinese dissident.

• Bakokitty says:

You know that kind of makes sense if world domination is China’s goal, which does not surprise me. This description of their plan is not unlike that of the Muslim religions methodology to overrun other nations, to import their citizens into America, by birth and out populate the present population.
      Which as I write this makes me think of the recent years of Asian ( mostly a Chinese nationals ) coming here on a supposed visit right at the time of their impending delivery of a child, taking advantage of America’s present law allowing “ anchor babies” to become American at birth. This child will be brought up in China but at adulthood and college ag3 be the very door that rest of their family will gain an easier entry into our county.
      There are long range plans in silent invasions. …just some thoughts.

41. majorkalhoun says:

I would fire her tomorrow AM, Rosenstein too.

42. walt39 says:

I think Dr. Messonnier’s remarks were okay. Whether she was speaking out of turn or not, her description fits the situation as it’s currently playing in the info publicly available. Here’s why I think so.

1. Several viruses commonly cause minor respiratory illness. Four of them are coronaviruses others are not. Most of these are symptomatically enough alike that we just say “I have a cold” for all of them, most people can treat them in the same way (rest, fluids …) and suffer no more
    than discomfort and inconvenience although a few people each year die. The flu virus is different, has different symptoms but the same generalities apply.

2. All of these ‘common — rarely causes big trouble’ viruses have been caught by most of us by adulthood and accordingly we have some immunity. We may get a mild case but only those with other problems are likely to get very sick.

3. The virus causing COVID-19 is new to humans — it’s a fifth human coronavirus. In general none of us have any immunity. Our immune systems must start from scratch to deal with this new attacker.

4. Because nobody has immunity, it may take a much smaller exposure to COVID-19 to produce an infection. Most infections are still mild — most probably still go undetected because any symptoms are so mild that the person is never tested. However even people with no symptoms can pass on the disease.

5. The incubation time (exposure to symptoms) is probably from less than a day to close to 30 days but the disease can be passed on during the (no symptoms) incubation period.

The fact that COVID-19 can be transmitted without symptoms including by people who never get sick at all means that contact tracing is of limited value.

6. Taking #s 3, 4, and 5 together the virus for COVID-19 is VERY contagious. That is, once it starts to spread (as has now apparently happened) it will continue very rapidly. This doesn’t make it more deadly to the people who get symptoms than any other respiratory virus — it’s probably in the same range as the rest — but does make it likely that huge numbers of people will catch it. Although most — maybe 98% of those with symptoms — will recover, worldwide spread could mean around 0.1% to 1% of the world’s population dying and that’s a lot of people.

I suggest the article “You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus,” Atlantic. (online) It goes into detail comparing COVID-19 to other recent viruses.

7. The long-term damage will NOT be mainly due to deaths but caused by the measures such as quarantine, shutdown of businesses and transportation. We’re on the horns of a dilemma there: More vigorous quarantine (etc.) measures may slow the progress and decrease the number sick at one time so facilities won’t be overwhelmed and victims will get better treatment but they will INCREASE the immediate economic damage and risks of shortages of essentials like food and fuel.

China’s obviously trying to contain the economic damage by ordering people back to work: They may or may not be making a mistake by doing so.

8. The main benefit of slowing down the progress of the disease is it gives more time to develop treatments, stockpile supplies, train people, set up treatment facilities, and so on. Early treatments will be supportive and/or with existing drugs designed for other things — two or three HIV drugs are being tested. Later there will be vaccinations: It usually takes 18 months for a new vaccine to reach the market in the U.S. because of the several stages of safety testing

I’d expect China, however, to blow off safety issues and go from ‘works in animals’ to putting needles in 1000 Chinamen just as fast as they can make up 1000 doses and if fewer of them are infected than the general population, go to full on production.

9. One day a few years out COVID-19 will be ‘just another cold’ or whatever Rush said on Monday. That’ll happen when nearly all the world’s population has either had the disease and recovered OR gotten an effective vaccine. Until then we should expect to be dealing with this thing.

• Philip Faustman says:

Like everything else we either survive or die. Culling of the herd I suppose. The real question is was this virus manufactured as many suggest? And if so Prosecute and convict the evil bastards that did it! Him-hawing around as if it’s a natural virus is avoiding the real issue! If someone or some corporation or government created this bio-weapon they need to be held accountable ASAP!

• Bromdale says:

I recommend that you pay a visit to the Infowars web-site. You will see evidence presented that the virus in question was developed as a bio-weapon at the University of North Carolina, with the full knowledge and approval of the relevant government agencies. The Chinese paid to have a specialist from Wuhan participate in the development work. That’s to say, they didn’t need to steal anything, all the information was willingly sold to them. Moreover the Wuhan laboratory already had a record of serious breaches of bio-security.

• nimrodman says:

thanks for the detailed post, Walt

• Bromdale says:

A voice of sanity in a massively ill-informed thread. This not just another virus, it is a bio-weapon that has been deliberately engineered to be as dangerous as possible. The reason that the US population is so complacent is that hardly anyone is being tested. It’s possible for officials to say that “there is no evidence of community outbreaks” because no-one is looking for any. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

• trapper says:

“It usually takes 18 months for a new vaccine to reach the market”
      Clearly in attempting to cut that time in half they are shooting for a vaccine for next fall’s flu season, after it runs its course this spring.

It appears CDC is deliberately downplaying everything to keep us from rushing out and hoarding food and supplies. Preventing a panic is a laudable intention, but in the end it is still those who know the truth deliberately lying to us instead of coming out with a news conference and honestly stating the risks and what we can reasonably expect as you have in your post. They think we’re stupid. Apparently Rosenstein’s sister doesn’t agree that lying to us is the best course to take and is having none of it.

Thanks for this post. Perhaps Tucker will pick it up.

43. mikeyboo says:

In spite of the fact that she is Rosenstein’ sister I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. This may be her honest assessment of the threat. Virtually everyone hopes the dire predictions are wrong. But I can’t condemn someone who looks at the available data and sees the potential for big trouble.

• Philip Faustman says:

Like everything else data can be manipulated to say anything you want it to say as in the case of ‘Global Warming’. Buy all the ‘studies’ and walla you get what you want! I am an extreme skeptic because we have been lied to over and over again by the evil left. I’ll trust my body to fight off this virus before I’ll ever allow a ‘vaccine’ to be injected into my body. I am right with God. If he calls my number I am ready.

• I read somewhere that the mortality rate for this corona virus was somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.3%, while the flu was more like .1%

IF true, that would mean a corona virus outbreak could be 23 times more deadly than the flu.

44. Philip Faustman says:

53 cases in the USA right? No Deaths? This story is being weaponized to do political damage to President Trump. More people die from the flu annually than this virus will kill. A total overblown hyped media narrative designed to scare people and destroy all things good in the world today. Notice all those Chinese freedom protestors went away right? Coincidence? I think not!

45. trapper says:

Strikes me as a transparent anti-Trump attempt to panic the lemmings and further drive down the market. Oh, and I believe the reason the Chinese are freaked out is because it IS a virus developed in the Wuhan lab and they are both mortified that it escaped and absolutely terrified that the world will figure that out. I don’t know how they save face from either of those. Probably can’t.

46. CM-TX says:

How convenient… they’ve been consistently censoring Conservatives & any PDJT message online. Now they’re hoping to discourage people from being in public, but especially avoid congregating in large groups… DURING an election year (ie., Rallies/Polls/maybe DC to kick their butts!)

As to CDC credibility…
    Remember way back in late Jan 2017, when there were Reports of the CDC being raided by FIB? Sally Yates signed off on it. Wonder what they were after?? We can be CERTAIN it had ZERO to do with good intentions.

Oh and shortly thereafter, there was a CDC employee who was highly concerned about something, & tried to raise the alarm. And then he went missing.
    (He was eventually found— but he was also dead!)
    ……… Nothing to see here 🤨

47. anetra says:

Let’s see….1: Time to panic (another emergency/send loads of cash).
    2: Turning it political (of course it’s Trumps fault right?). Russia said so!
    3: Lets get that recession going, because ORANGE MAN BAD!
    4: More Schiffi Leaks to the New York Times and Rosenweasel Sister? What word smith experts! That explains much!
    The way I see it, it’s a great time to produce OUR OWN PRODUCTS! Right here. We are FINALLY energy independent, NOW bring back the rest!
    Opportunity is knocking NOW!
    No trust in China, NO excuses!

48. Pke42 says:

“Prepare for the expectation that this might be bad”

You cant get much more weaseling in a proclamation while trying to sound apocalyptic.

49. shirley49 says:

No one is ever going to convince me that the financial meltdown during the end of the Bush Presidency was not a Dem setup so they could get back into power and it worked. They did not even care how much the American people suffered as a result. Now that I have seen what they are capable of I believe thye would do anything to stay in power. I believe that this is another way they are trying to bring down Trump. We must continue to support him so we can get their dead a$$e$ out of positions of power. Rods sister showing up now tells me all I need to know.

50. Bulldog84 says:

This woman knows her brother is likely going to be indicted. He signed one or more of the fake FISA applications. Recall how Rosenstein testified a while back that he didn’t read what he signed?

Why do I get the feeling that some people are working up to claiming that we can’t have an election in November because there’s a virus going around? Who in Heaven’s name knows what to think? Did the Chinese inadvertently release an unperfected bioweapon, or is this overblown misguided propaganda designed to impact our election?