President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing White House – Video and Transcript

Chopper pressers are the best pressers.  Earlier today President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump departed the White House heading to Ramstein Air Base in Germany on the first leg of their trip to India.  As the president departs he paused to answer a variety of questions from the media.  [Video Below, UPDATE Transcript added]

[Transcript] – THE PRESIDENT: Hello, everybody.

Q What’s your message to the people of India today?

Q (Inaudible) win for Bernie Sanders?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think it was a great win for Bernie Sanders. We’ll see how it all turns out. They’ve got a lot of winning to do. I hope they treat him fairly. Frankly, I don’t care who I run against. I just hope they treat him fairly. I hope it’s not going to be a rigged deal because there’s a lot of bad things going on. And I hope it’s not going to be one of those. So we’ll see what happens.

But I congratulate Bernie Sanders. And if it’s going to be him, he certainly has a substantial lead. We’ll see what happens.

Q Have you been briefed that Russia is trying to help Bernie Sanders? And if so, what’s your message to Putin? Are you comfortable with him intervening?

THE PRESIDENT: Nobody said it. I read where Russia is helping Bernie Sanders. Nobody said it to me at all. Nobody briefed me about that at all. What they try and do is — certain people like certain people to have information. No different than it’s been.

But I have not been briefed on that at all. Nobody told me about it. They leaked it. Adam Schiff and his group — they leaked it to the papers and — as usual. They ought to investigate Adam Schiff for leaking that information. He should not be leaking information out of intelligence. They ought to investigate Adam Schiff.

Q Are you trying to block the publication of Bolton’s book?

THE PRESIDENT: You’ll have to ask the Attorney General. I don’t know where it stands. But you’ll have to ask the Attorney General.

Q Did you call him a traitor? Mr. President, did you call him a traitor?

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: Say it?

Q Do you believe that Russia is trying to interfere to help Bernie Sanders?

THE PRESIDENT: You’ll have to ask Bernie Sanders that. I mean, he’d know better than me. I have not been briefed to that effect. But you’ll have to ask Bernie Sanders.

Q Are you concerned about Russian interference?

THE PRESIDENT: I think what it could be is, you know, the Democrats are treating Bernie Sanders very unfairly. And it sounds to me like a leak — a leak from Adam Schiff, because they don’t want Bernie Sanders to represent them. It sounds like it’s ’16 all over again for Bernie Sanders.

And he won. He had a great victory yesterday. But you know what’s happening. You can see the handwriting on the wall. And I watched last time, with respect to him. And they might’ve tried to do it with me, but I was able to catch it. That would be a terrible thing if that were the case.

Q Vladimir Putin said the other day that other countries are trying to split Russia and Ukraine apart, and if they came together, they would absolutely be a world superpower — Ukraine and Russia. What do you make of President Putin’s comments?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I’d like to see them come together. I think if they came together in the sense that they got along with each other, that would be a great thing. It would be a great thing for the world. If Ukraine and Russia could work out some agreement where they get along, to me that would be very good.

Q (Inaudible) Mick Mulvaney as the Chief of Staff?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah. Sure. He’s here now. Sure. No problem.

Q Mr. President, what’s your updated thinking about a pardon for Roger Stone?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I’ve seen a very sad thing going on with respect to Roger Stone. You have a juror that’s obviously tainted. She was an activist against Trump. Said bad things about Trump and said bad things about Stone.

And she somehow wheedled her way onto the jury. And if that’s not a tainted jury, then there is no such thing as a tainted jury. I think it’s a disgrace. And I could say plenty more about that whole situation, but I’ll hold it.

I don’t know why they gave a judgment — why the judge ruled prior to ruling on that. Because, in theory, you should rule on that and then you see what happens. But the judge gave a sentence without discussing that, and I guess she’s going to bring that up at a later date.

But I do think this: That juror is so biased and so tainted that that shouldn’t happen in our criminal justice system. That’s for sure.

Q What if he doesn’t get a new trial? What if she says no new trial? What are you going to do?

THE PRESIDENT: We’ll see what happens.

Q Who will you nominate for Director of National Intelligence?

THE PRESIDENT: We have four or five people that are great, very respected. In the meantime, we have our Ambassador to Germany who is a very smart person. And he’s doing a great job.

Q Who’s on the list?

THE PRESIDENT: I can’t tell you yet, but I’ll be announcing it very —

Q Why did you dismiss Maguire? Why did you dismiss him? Were you unhappy with him?

THE PRESIDENT: His time came up. You know, I think it was — March 11th, his time comes up. He ran out of time. Because on March — I think it was a date of March 11th. He’s a very nice man. His time came up, so he had to leave on March 11.

Q What is your message to the people of India? You are traveling to India today. What is your message to the people of India?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I look forward to being with the people of India. We’re going to have many millions and millions of people. It’s a long trip.

But I get along very well with the Prime Minister, Prime Minister Modi. He’s a friend of mine. I committed to this trip a long time ago, and I look forward to go — going.

We’re taking — as you know, the First Lady is coming. Some of you are coming. I hear it’s going to be a big event. Some people say the biggest event they’ve ever had in India. That’s what the Prime Minister told me. This will be the biggest event they’ve ever had. So it’s going to be very exciting. I’m going to be there one night. That’s not too much.

And then I’m stopping in South Carolina. We’re doing a big rally. And then I’ll be doing CPAC on Saturday. So there’s not a lot of time for rest, I will say that.

Q Will Bernie be the nominee?

THE PRESIDENT: I think so, unless they cheat him out of it. I think so. I think Bernie is looking more and more like he’ll be the nominee unless they cheat him out of it. A lot of people thought he was going to be the nominee last time, and that didn’t work out. I think they’re watching it very closely. I would imagine so.

Q Have you been updated on the coronavirus, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, we’re very much involved. We’re very — very cognizant of everything going on. We have it very much under control in this country.

Q Are you concerned for that virus expansion in Japan?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, it’s a big — it’s a big situation going on throughout the world. And I can say, the United States, we’ve very much closed our doors in certain areas, in about certain areas, through certain areas. And we’ll see what happens. But we have the greatest doctors in the world. We have it very much under control.

We accepted a few people — a small number of people. They’re very well confined and they should be getting better fairly soon. Very interestingly, we’ve had no deaths. We have a — I mean, you know, we’ve had a great practice.

Q Do you think President Xi should be doing something different?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I think President Xi is working very, very hard. I spoke to him. He’s working very hard. I think he’s doing a very good job. It’s a big problem. But President Xi loves his country. He’s working very hard to solve the problem and he will solve the problem. Okay?

Q Will you be (inaudible) Ambassador to Germany, Mr. Grenell, to continue?

THE PRESIDENT: I’ll be appointing a ambassador to Germany. I will say Ambassador Grenell has done a fantastic job. This is just a temporary job. We have five people that we’re looking at very seriously — expert people. And at a certain point in the not-too-distant future, we’ll be announcing who they are. Right?

Q Are you also appointing a new envoy to Kosovo and Serbia talks?

THE PRESIDENT: Say it?

Q Are you also appointing a new envoy to Kosovo and Serbia talks?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, the ambassador will be doing that. He did a great job. He’s very familiar with the people, and he will be — he has done a fantastic job on that. He’s going to continue to maintain that because he’s got such a good dialogue. Everybody said that was a deal, you know, that couldn’t be done. And we got it done. It’s a great thing for those two countries.

Q When the DNI is in place, are you ordering the IC to not investigate Russian interference for the 2020 election?

THE PRESIDENT: I’m not involved in it. I’m not involved. I don’t have to, but I stay uninvolved. I don’t have to; I can be totally involved, as you know. But I very much stay uninvolved, and it’s all working out very well.

Q (Inaudible) Afghanistan, sir, do you trust the Taliban to keep their word?

THE PRESIDENT: Look, the Taliban has been fighting for decades. We’ve been over there 19 years. We’re like a law enforcement force. We think they want to make a deal; we want to make a deal. I think it’s going to work out. We’ll see.

We’re, right now, in a period that’s been holding up. You know, we have a certain period of nonviolence. It’s been holding up. It’s a day and a half. So we’ll see what happens.

But people want to make a deal, and I think the Taliban wants to make a deal too.

Q Would you sign the deal with them?

THE PRESIDENT: They’re tired of fighting.

Q Would you sign a deal with them? Would you have them here? Or where would you do that?

THE PRESIDENT: We haven’t made — we haven’t decided. I want to see how this period of a week works out. We can do that very quickly.

Q But you would put your name on it?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah. Yeah. Assuming it works out over the next less than a week, I would put my name on it. Sure. It’s time to come home. And they want to stop. You know, they’ve been fighting a long time. They’re tough people, we’re tough people. But after 19 years, that’s a long time.

Q So what’s your latest thought on Huawei? Great Britain, the other week, signed a deal with them.

THE PRESIDENT: We have to be very careful. National security. Huawei. National security. We have to be very careful.

Thank you very much, everybody.

Q Mr. President, did you watch the fight?

THE PRESIDENT: I did. Great fight. By the way, that was a great fight. Did you watch it?

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: You liked it? That was a great fight. Two great fighters. It was, really, very exciting. Maybe we have to bring them both to the White House — I don’t know. Because that was really a good one. In fact, I think we’ll do that. Have a good time. Have a good time.

END 9:14 A.M. EST

This entry was posted in Big Government, Donald Trump, Melania Trump, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing White House – Video and Transcript

1. I hope they have a wonderful, productive and SAFE trip. And .. I can’t wait to see what FLOTUS wears to the various events.

2. tominellay says:

I hope the boxers Fury and Wilder do get their invitations to the White House!

3. Reserved55 says:

The President’s support of Breadline is tactically brilliant.
    Trump is a one man wrecking crew of the Democrat Party.

• Vince says:

The democrat party is a collection of interests, sometimes contrary interests. So many years I have wanted republicans to put a chisel into those cracks and start hammering.

• Ludo says:

Can someone explain to me why MSNBC was having a meltdown over Bernie? Isn’t he the most communist option? They should be thrilled. I’m sure commie Brennan is thrilled?

4. NICCO says:

Father we lift up to you President Donald John Trump and First Lady Melania Trump as they travel to the nation of India.We cover them with the precious blood of Jesus Christ,and we decree and declare Zachariah 2;5 over them that no witchcraft,no voodoo,no hex,no vex,no curse,no power,no principality and no demon in hell shall prosper against them.They will not be harmed in any way and that no weapon formed against them shall prosper.Father,dispatch your legions of warring angelic hosts to destroy all the works of the enemy.Father let the fire of your glory surround them and that your anointing be upon them.Father,we praise you,we worship you and we glorify you.Father,we thank you that you arise and your enemies be scattered..We pray in the name above all names,Jesus Christ of Nazareth ,King of Kings,Lord of Lords,soon to return Messiah,Amen.

5. Re: Tainted Judge/ Biased Juror. If in a Murder Trial, the mother of the murdered victim was allowed to become Jury Foreman….. is that reason to question the trial fairness?

6. jj1319 says:

It wasn’t really a great fight. Tyson fury dominated. Great presser, though.

7. Seneca the Elder says:

Our President Trump is always in charge of every situation. He is the ultimate Ringmaster with these snapping jackals and hyenas. Not just like a Boss- he is King of the Jungle.

8. JohnCasper says:

After 18 years of nothing achieved even remotely worth the price in lives, limbs and treasure, anything that gets the US out of the Bourbon Generals’ Operation Enduring Insanity in Afcrapistan is better than anything that doesn’t.

9. amazed treetop downlooker says:

“Shifty Schiff should be investigated,,,” if/when VSGPDJT proclaims something like that, I BELIEVE it’s already underway. Just an average Treeper here, trying to learn/stay abreast the myriad of very complex, intertwined events, so asking of you smarter Treepers, esp. legally and/or militarily astute, past & present, connected ones:
    Since, I BELIEVE, we have been in a state of war since 9/11, isn’t it justified to have military-run investigations ongoing into the numerous treasonous machinations of the DS..realizing that so many of that upper echelons are O’Traitor O’Sama embeds, making it infinitely more challenging & dangerous to do so ? I do believe these are long underway, hoping & praying so…change we deserve & need ! 😉🙏

“Roger Stone was treated so badly…” do believe he deserves/will receive full pardon & will see major league sweetly ironic poetic justice against the leagues of his(&OUR !) lawbreakerLawfare enemies…hope he ends up with a major piece of twitter for all the unconstitutional deprivation of his free speech…that goes for you, too, First Amendment violating O’CONning Crooked Federal judge overseeing his case !

Traitors to the left, the right, above & below, nearly everywhere….BUT Omnipresent Omniscient Omnipotent God PREVAILS !

THANK YOU, POTUS & FLOTUS, for your countless sacrifices & nonstop travail for the security & prosperity of the Great Republic of the USA. GODSPEED & SAFETRAVELS, we beg you, Lord, Father, Son & Holy Spirit, Amen !

• cheering4america says:

Personally, I am hoping that neither General Flynn nor Roger Stone will NEED a pardon after justice finally winds its way through to doing the right thing, which to be exact would be a dismissal of all charges, or the next best thing, which is a New Trial for Stone and an Acceptance of Flynn’s Withdrawal of his Plea and an initial trial – both for good reasons.

10. Robert Smith says:

When Ivanka went over there they loved her. So it should be a very interesting trip.

• Vince says:

That is encouraging. Ivanka Trump and Jared Kutchner are our real Secretaries of State. World leaders know that when you speak to them, you are speaking to President Trump.

11. Rex70 says:

Looking for your thoughts on this: I think the DNC establishment is gonna unofficially but ultimately run Bloomberg and Hilda as write-ins with their “centrism appeal” (in their Leftist minds) and with his billions. Bernie may get the official Dem nom, but the support from the DNC top tier will be lukewarm and stingy with the funds—which the monetarily-challenged Socialist (unlike billionaire-Capitalist Trump did not need in 2016 from the GOP establishment and party coffers) will need to mount a formidable, national campaign.

• Robert Smith says:

The idea or fantasy that Super Billionaire Mini-Mike and Hillary are centrists is complete idiocy.

• Robert Smith says:

By the way, all of the trouble that Trump haters have tried to give him with his business concerns etc. how would Bloomberg be able to disentangle himself from that?

I assume the Media will just pretend it doesn’t exist.

• Rex70 says:

Of course—that is why I said, “centrist appeal” and “…in their Leftist minds.” ALL of the candidates are hard Leftists. The DNC establishment is just looking to support a candidate that could best masquerade as a centrist, which the unabashed Socialist, Bernie, cannot and would not masquerade as such. Mini-Mike is the only one amongst them that just did a 12-year stint as a Republikan, hence and to them, is ability to masquerade as a centrist.

• Rex, you are forgetting the Viet Nam era traitor John Kerry just popping in at the convention.

• Rex70 says:

sherry—ah, yes! John F*ing Kerry may just pop up at the convention. I love Dem-on-Dem violence and wouldn’t mind seeing that happen, as well.

I just think, ultimately, since Trump has put on such a stellar clinic on Capitalism since becoming POTUS, the DNC can’t handle having an actual, naked anti-Capitalist at the top of their ticket and is now seriously considering either of—and other, probably—scenarios to save them from suffering another Reagan v. Mondale type of destruction…MAINLY because of the down-ticket ramifications having an unappealing Bernie at the top.

• Rhoda R says:

Yes, he did such a good job as a candidate his first time around. And his tenure as SOS was so stellar. I’d love to see him as the dnc candate, Trump would use him as an appetizer since he’s not even a full meal.

• Dutchman says:

Rex70,
      This would be the “Goldwater option” used by the Republicons in ’64.

“Allow” the Candidate to win the nomination, because he has such overwhelming support from the base, that you can’t cheat without it being so obvious it drives the base away.

And then work actively from convention on, to undermine this candidate, actually working to insure the other parties candidate wins.

Works, when the ‘other party’s candidate is ALSO a Uniparty shill.
      NOT the case, this time.

By the way, Carter was ALSO a insurgent campaign, NOT the DNC’s choice. They wanted Kennedy.
      It was as a result of Carter, that the DNC greatly expanded the Superdelegates, “to make sure it never happens, again!”

I AM starting to think the DNC may HAVE to ‘give’ the nomination to Bernie.
      As I have opined before, you can not cheat against a landslide. It becomes too transparent.

12. Deplorable Canuck says:

FLOTUS looks soooooooo cool in those shades! POTUS is a pretty lucky guy!

13. Skippy says:

So proud of you and FLOTUS, Mr. President! Thank you both and thanks to your family.

14. samwise163 says:

Godspeed to President Trump, The First Lady, and all traveling to India. God cover them with your Almighty hand.

15. Cathy M. says:

To celebrate Trump’s visit to India

16. Annie says:

safe trip for all..not going to breathe easy until they are back in the USA…

17. jersey814 says:

Please include the McNaughton ‘ Fake News Picture ” in the line up at the end of every presser article.
    Thank you.

18. Patriot says:

Indeed, his pressers are the best. My bet is that he’s using them for Debate Prep – how to respond and how to keep current.

19. This, to me, is brilliance: “I stay un-involved … of course I could be completely involved, but …”

So very many executives and managers, at whatever level large or small, “instinctively succumb” to the siren song of “micro-management.”

This man could teach so many Future Presidents, if they will but be willing to break from the past(!) and dare to listen.

(By which I mean: those who are astute enough to perceive what actually happened in this country in the year 2016 …)

20. MVW says:

Trump (re: corona virus):
    “They’re very well confined and they should be getting better fairly soon. Very interestingly, we’ve had no deaths. We have a — I mean, you know, we’ve had a great practice. We had 12, at one point. And now they’ve gotten very much better. Many of them are fully recovered.”
    **********
    The lack of deaths in America is a huge point with this corona virus. It was also true with SARS as was pointed out to me by someone I respect in this field.

Still, it is prudent and have your normal emergency prep updated as you would for say, a hurricane or earthquake, etc.

• Rhoda R says:

I’d also like to see some reduction in dependence on Chinese imports for medical supplies and drug components. Talk about a security risk – can you imagine a real, dangerously lethal pandemic with the Chinese deciding to use their exports of medical supplies and drug components to screw the US? I can. Quite easily.

21. bessie2003 says:

Does anyone know if the President and First Lady’s arrival and events will be on television, and if so the US time for the events if televised?

• Rhoda R says:

MSM covering a visit to a pro-US country by a President who is popular in that country? You are joking. They might give a 5 second clip in their mid-morning newscast but that’ll be just about all.

22. Rynn69 says:

Godspeed, Mr. President & First Lady. Safe travels to India!