These moves highlight how President Donald Trump, and the priorities he has put forth into the GOP, are now leading the Republican party.   The President is correct: “the republican party has never been more united.”  Most of the GOPe ranks in the House have been removed and the strategic conservative/nationalist movement is now in place.

HJC Ranking Member Doug Collins is running for a Georgia Senate Seat; within the republican House rules he must leave his ranking position on the committee. Today the House steering committee overwhelmingly picked Representative Jim Jordan to take over as the top ranking member on the Judiciary Committee to replace Doug Collins.

Mark Meadows will take over republican leadership of the House Oversight Committee for the remainder of the year replacing Jim Jordan. This is a smart move as Jordan will be in position to counter the efforts of Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler.

Additionally, and in anticipation of the Republicans retaking the House in November, this move is a unifying effort by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to ascend the MAGA coalition into more influence. Kevin McCarthy wants to be Speaker if Republicans can retake the House.

WASHINGTON DC – During a closed-door meeting on Thursday, the GOP Steering Committee overwhelmingly selected Jordan (R-Ohio) to be the top Republican on the panel, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the internal vote. Jordan will replace Rep. Doug Collins, who recently announced a Georgia Senate bid and is required to step down from the top post under GOP conference rules.

The full Republican conference still needs to approve Jordan and Meadows for the posts, but usually backs the recommendations from the Steering Committee, which includes the top members of GOP leadership — including Jordan’s former rival House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), whose vote carries the most weight.

Collins is not expected to step down immediately, and leadership has indicated that they would give him a month-long period to transition his staff.

Before the Steering Committee voted on Thursday, Jordan and Meadows — who are fresh off assisting with Trump’s impeachment defense — made a pitch to their colleagues on the panels. No other candidates ran for the jobs, however, essentially ensuring they were locks for the positions.

Meadows is retiring, however, so the GOP will have to find a another leader for the panel later this year. (more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

231 Responses to MAGA Moves: Jim Jordan Moved to Top Position on House Judiciary Committee – Mark Meadows Moved to House Oversight…

1. vikingmom says:

What’s the story behind Meadows retirement? Seems like an odd time to leave…

• FrankieZee says:

I was just going to ask that question.

• theoldgoat says:

I was sad to hear he wasn’t staying, but he claims to be staying in the fight, only in a different way. I am puzzled by this move, but wish him the best. That doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed though, as it’s yet another seat to try to fill with a new, untested Republican.
      I haven’t heard any real explanation for the move.

• swissik says:

I am with you on this one as I too am sad to hear of his leaving and I don’t recall that we heard a clear explanation of why and wherefore. I am out here in California and so starved for some reasonable and smart representatives. It is truly bleak.

• CountryDoc says:

From my perspective, there are too many masqueraders to allow the small amount of tested warriors to be further diluted. I pray we have more coming up the pike, but elections are not sure things, and we cannot trust the voting system.

What will Mulvaney do? I thought he was a white hat. I was confused about that as he was in the discussion of possible witnesses. Is it the feeling among the CTH that he is a white hat patriot?

• Jamal says:

My Representative, Russ Fulcher (R), (Northern Idaho) has been in the swamp for only ONE YEAR but has already drowned in the swamp. We got FOUR YEARS out of the last one before he drowned in the swamp. Sorry. How are your Reps doing? In my life, I’ve found that 4 years in the 24hr cesspit of Wash, DC is about all a man can resist.

• Mist'ears Mom says:

Russ Fulcher is my congresscritter rep too Jamal. How do you mean he is drowned in the swamp? Not that I’ve been thrilled with him.
            Still lamenting the loss of Labrador…
            You are right as Raul said, “this is a place that just sucks your soul”.
            You would think that our congresscritter would represent the constituents of Idaho better –
            Hopefully it will get easier when we take back the house in 2020!

• Frank Suggs says:

My guess is that he is setting himself up for NC Governor, and/or Senator, downstream.

• milktrader says:

He is from Brevard, NC iirc, the home of the white squirrel. They have a White Squirrel festival there and I attended last year and spoke with GOP reps, who were fond of him. Burr not so much.

BTW Oskar Blues brewery is in Brevard, along with beautiful mountains of Pisgah Forest

• BitterC says:

He will probably join Trump’s 2nd term administration

• Kristin DeBacco says:

I thought I heard he was going to work closely with the president. In the administration?

• sundance says:

I think we will see Mark Meadows replace Mick Mulvaney in 2021.

• TradeBait says:

That’s what my gut instinct says as well, sundance.

• webgirlpdx says:

I think so too, Sundance. He’ll do really well.

• TreeClimber says:

Do you think Mulvaney will stay on scene or retire? Or pull a Haley?

• If mulvaney returns to his old “cantaloupes” self, then yes, he could pull a haley.

I’ve never trusted him since I saw his old vids on youtube back in the day, you know… before they were PULLED. In the main one he was telling his “constituents” to get used to criminal alien invasion.

Therein lies the rub with mick. How does one completely trust him after that? I don’t know!
          All that any of us ever knew about the majority of them is that they were/are politicians. Taxpayer-funded liars, only concerned with the graft of globalism and re-election.

• The Tundra PA says:

Perhaps he’ll go back to doing only one massive job (OMB Director) instead of two.

• beach lover says:

That is what I bet. Mulvaney is one smart guy with numbers and budget. He was our congressman and he was a good one. Very open and responsive..had phone conferences all the time. Having COS thrown at him as well has to be hard. That in itself is more than a full time job. If Meadows was recommended for COS job, Mulvaney probably had something to do with it. Those Carolina boys hang together.

• That’s what I had heard. Also, when Meadows first ran, he said he would only stay for a limited amount of time…doesn’t want to become just another government employee. He will be sorely missed by his constituents; he is the best Congressman ever (I live in his district). His district was recently gerrymandered by the NAACP, ie Dems, and current Dem judges…so much more Dem…they put in all of Asheville…will be harder for a Repub to win.

• It’s heartbreaking to have watched the best of the South be invaded over the last twenty years… I live on the outskirts of a “famous” city that has been laid to waste and is now a larger version of Austin, TX, replete with mayoral driven and “approved” “sanctuary” status.

They even went so far as to “invite” around 25,000 “undocumented” Mexican workers to replace Americans in 2004, 5 and 6… there were Mexican license plates everywhere and quite a few Americans that once built and maintained the city were seen working at Home Depot and Lowe’s.

We’ve all got a ton of work to do if we are to save this nation, and I do mean all of us, no matter what it is that you can do! I need to remind myself to start thanking our Natural Creator more often for bringing us President Donald J. Trump to get the ball rolling!!

• America needs to consider religion when letting people in (e.g., Catholics from Mexico, Muslims from the ME, injected into Protestant America), otherwise they are basically working to establish the incoming religions over the home-grown ones (remember what the Constitution says about that).

But they will not address the larger problem, beyond vague “culture”, that all religions are not created equal, and all religions feel they must demand obedience from their members to their respective dogmas (and again, they are certainly not all equal in that regard). The main division of mankind is in the religions to which various peoples adhere, and the fact that none have eliminated all of the false dogmas from the times when they originated, the falsest going far, far back beyond the beginning of known human history in fact.

Religious coercion of the individual, taught from early youth, and projected upon the masses, is the enemy of man, that is why secular law was born, something that Muslims, in particular now, still haven’t recognized.

America was founded upon the Enlightenment, and immigrants should be required to thoroughly understand that, and that their religion (even if it is really just a cult) must take second place always to the inalienable rights of the individual, deriving from the individual’s essential spiritual being, and each being a “unit of mind” (the smallest element capable of human reason), which connects our physical realm with the higher, spiritual realm of meaning, a.k.a. God (in the end, it comes down to the individual and God alone, not to any mass religion — God is meaningfulness itself, and the Great Coherence, naturally binding all to the Truth, in any “final” analysis).

Consider that as coming from my inner voice. It has been my better nature, since I was 14 and my mind came alive to such higher wisdom. But I digress (ho-ho, do I digress…tough nuggies, monkey boy…it has a sense of humor, too, or maybe that’s just me).

• SD, that is an interesting possibility.

Also thanks for your insight on the changes. PDJT did praise Jordan, Collins and Meadows (and Meadows retirement) during the high noon victory speech.

PDJT also praised Elise Stefanik. Could the MAGAGOP be considering Elsie for a leadership position in the near future? I hope so.

• milktrader says:

Maybe better suited to replace Burr.

• Tl Howard says:

I hope Mulvaney stays in the admin–he’s a valuable guy.

• candyman says:

I’m not worried about the reshuffling, it’s replacing 3 Republican incumbents that are retiring; Alexander -Tennessee; Enzi – Wyoming and Roberts – Kansas. Only 1 Dem., Udall calling it quits.

• Frank Suggs says:

Yep I agree. Burr retires after his term expires in several years. My guess is that he runs for that seat.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I hate to lose him in the HoR but I think this would be a great place for him too. I trust Meadows and know him to be a no BS man.

Now, I’d like to see Gohmert replace that never Trump Bushbot Cornyn in the Senate.

• TradeBait says:

Doubt he is dropping out of MAGA. May resurface within the admin somewhere else after the election.

• Publius2016 says:

maybe he’s going to run for Governor.

• Somebody says:

I’ve been curious regarding his pending retirement too, but I found something interesting during the event in the east room today. When POTUS started to thank Mark Meadows he drifted off into a story about Ron DeSantis. I turned to my husband and said, is that a hint that Meadows is going to run for Govenor?

Could just be a coincidence. Maybe he’ll oppose Burr or maybe he’ll be in the administration. Maybe he’s just tired of politics and wants to go back to private life.

• vikingmom says:

Interesting observation! He was evidently asked about that and has said that he is not running – and since the election is this year, I would think he would have had to declare by now. Burr is up for re-election in 2022 so maybe Meadows will challenge him in the primary. Would be a big improvement in the Senate for sure!

Just need to make sure that his seat stays Red in November!! Littleflower- what do you know about the people who have declared thus far? Any decent MAGA candidates? And how badly will the gerrymandering hurt their chances?

• Landslide says:

PDJT asked Meadows during the Acquittal Celebration if he had someone who could win. He asked, “like by at least 20 points?” Mark was nodding his head “Yes” the whole time.👍🏻🇺🇸

• Sherri Young says:

Would have to be one of these candidates. The filing window for the primary has already closed.
            Chuck Archerd
            Lynda Bennett
            Madison Cawthorn
            Jim Davis
            Daniel Driscoll
            Steven Fekete
            Dillon Gentry
            Wayne King
            Joseph Osborne
            Vance Patterson
            Albert Wiley Jr.

• WRB says:

Burr is up for re-election in 2022

Burr has announced he is not seeking re-election, so the seat will be open.

• Sombody, I noticed that too. First I wondered why he went off on the DeSantis story. There is usually a reason for PDJT adding a sidebar like that.

• ncbirdnwrd says:

I live in Meadows’ district. I attended the first meeting he had in my town (home of the White Squirrel) when he ran the first time. He said at that time he would not serve in Congress more than 8 years. Having heard him speak locally several times, you could tell how his relationship with POTUS was quickly developing. He will continue to serve the President in some capacity. There are some strong candidates for his seat including his Deputy Chief of Staff who had been with him from the beginning. Unfortunately, parts of the district were redrawn which increased the number of Democrat voters, but the seat is definitely winnable. There is a very strong Republican candidate for Governor in NC, Dan Forest, the current Lt. Governor, and he should be able to win. However, there will be considerable outside money and influence by Dems. I feel certain Trump will hold a rally in NC this election cycle.

• NC Nana says:

I had hoped Congressman Meadows would run for the US Senate seat Burr is vacating. Meadows will also serve the Country well working for President Trump in any capacity.

Dan Forest is running for Governor of NC. He is excellent! He use to do regular updates on the radio on what the State government was doing. We have gained a lot of respect for him over the years.

The NC state Primary is MARCH 3, 2020. This is 2 months earlier than it was in 2018. So it is super early. Get out and vote people.

The only Republican signs I have seen so far for NC Governor are for Dan Forest. They say:

RUN

FOREST

RUN

Dan Forest for Governor.

• NC Nana says:

Ooops. Meant to put that comment under Publius2016 comment re: hope that Meadows would run for Governor someday. If age has anything to do with it he still has plenty of time to seek that office. In the mean time I think Dan Forest will serve the State well as Governor.

• Snow White says:

I’ve seen them all over the place too.

• SharonKinDC says:

Meadows actually believes in limited terms. He hit his limit and stuck to his pledge.

• ezgoer says:

Word is Meadows wants to be Trump’s Chief of Staff for his second term to help push the MAGA agenda. Then he may run for Burr’s open NC Senate seat in November 2022. Meadows is just looking for a bigger role.

• Mncpo(ret) says:

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), another top Trump defender, has been tapped to take over Jordan’s leading GOP spot on the House Oversight Committee — a move that will put some of the president’s fiercest attack dogs on the frontlines of combatting Democratic oversight efforts. (cite: “Politico”article) referenced in Sundance’s blog.

2. Mirray in Nashville says:

I was recently thinking about the TEA Party movement and the lack of support we received from the uniparty GOP whenb it hit me that the bbig winners with TRUMP are the Freedom Caucus that came from the Tea Party.

• Lots of good people in the Tea Party Movement; however, there was no strong unifying leader. So Uniparty did not take them seriously.

…enter DJT

• margarite1 says:

What Trump has done is so stunning. I was looking at that room today where they were eating out of his hands and thought that 3 years ago most of those people didn’t feel the same way about him they do now…they probably didn’t know what to think or thought “oh Shiff!..what are we doing to do with Donald Trump??

This is the perfect example of the meme that has been around CTH for a while – a photo of DJT/wolf with the words “throw me to the wolves and I’ll return as the leader of the pack”.

That’s exactly what he did.

• That was a great analogy (and memory). PDJT gains their respect by what he accomplishes, how he shares credit by recognizing their contributions and most of all by his strong leadership. Truly remarkable.

• WRB says:

Three years ago, those people were “in the know”, meaning they had heard from reliable sources that the FBI was investigating President Trump for conspiring with Putin to steal the election.

What would you think if you heard such info? Remember, Donald Trump was an unknown, an outsider, and yet he won. Hmm, could it be true he had help from nefarious agents?

It shows just how brilliant (yet malignant) Hillary and Obama’s plot was: smear the republican candidate, and worse case (if he wins), use the official apparatus of the US gov’t to indict and convict him.

• steph_gray says:

Anybody on the so-called conservative side in government who couldn’t see the value of DJT from the earliest days on is a fool. Everything he said made sense from day one. And it was and is obvious that he is 100% authentic.

• Dixie says:

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I didn’t know anything about politics other than my dismay over what had been going on the previous 8 years.

When he came down the escalator and after his speech, I just had a strong sixth sense that he was exactly right for the job and just what we needed after o so I jumped on the Trump train immediately.

I felt he would restore some of the dignity to the white house and I supported him in every way I could and actually converted a number of my neighbors and friends even though none of them are billionaires. They all had this sense of superiority where Trump was concerned but I was strong and steady and never waivered and was very vocal and visible about it (Trump flag & sign). I will do it again this year.

He has done an outstanding job and I will never understand how so many SUPPOSEDLY intelligent people could think otherwise.

• Yes(!) Ditto, in spades. The same with Obama/Soetoro, but quick rejection vs. quick commitment to Trump.

3. TradeBait says:

Jordan in this position is a home run, especially as the GOP takes back control.

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“These moves highlight how President Donald Trump, and the priorities he has put forth into the GOP, are now leading the Republican party. The President is correct: “the republican party has never been more united.” Most of the GOPe ranks in the House have been removed and the strategic conservative/nationalist movement is now in place.”

Not tired of winning yet.

5. I bet Nadler developed a severe headache when he got the news that Jim Jordan will be hectoring him every day.

6. Ackman419 says:

I guess McCarthy is MAGA now, in a practical sense.
    The stench of Ryan still lingers, but these guys know which way the wind is blowing.

• Although I never trust GOP establishment, I have to say Kevin McCarthy is a breath of fresh air compared to rat Ryan!!

Rat Ryan left so he could pad his corrupt pockets while destroying the only network that supported MAGA.
      He’s busy completing the full transition of Fox News into complete faux news, and smiling while he thinks of how he’s screwing Trump’s supporters one more time.

• YvonneMarie says:

OANN is the new network now.
        And one day there will be the Trump News Network.
        So do not lament the decline of Fox News too much.

• CountryDoc says:

We need an educationalist network — not just news. But to educate on the constitution, civics, wisdom, philosophy, history, critical thinking, analysis of scientific reporting, etc. We need redesign of our educational swamp.

• clulessgrandpa says:

Trump News Network!!!!- O’Reilly, Tucker, Hannity, Laura, Levin, Bartiromo, Dobbs, Ledger, and bring back Catherine Herridge. I would even give Dershowitz his own gig. Guy is fair.

• The Listener says:

OAN has recently put in place a 24/7, 365 days a year streaming service on You Tube for $4.99 per month. It’s a shame more cable providers aren’t carrying OAN. I finally caved about 9 months ago and got ROKU in order to be able to watch it since Spectrum doesn’t carry it.

• jimboct says:

McCarthy knows where his Maga bread is buttered. If he wants any chance at speaker is through VSGPDJT

• Sherri Young says:

Kevin McCarthy has been a surprise in a good way. He is working out very well indeed.

Isn’t it interesting how talented people have been moved to occupy the right positions at a crucial time?

Jim Jordan wanted to be Minority Leader. If he had won, he would not have been available to do the good, important work he has done the past several months. The man who beat him for Minority Leader had the wisdom and proper attitude to agree to shuffle a couple of seats to temporarily assign Jordan to HPSCI along with his regular seats on Judiciary and Oversight.

John Ratcliffe was happy to be nominated for DNI. He was blocked from that position and thus was available to engage in his superior practice of the law serving on both HPSCI and House Judiciary.

Doug Collins wanted that senate interim appointment and was disappointed not to be named. He thus was available to hold his ground as the ranking member on the Judiciary committee where he worked tirelessly to protect the president, the presidency, the House, and the Constitution.

The Democrats hired a team of Lawfare attorneys tohelp them take down Trump. The President was not allowed to be represented by having his own attorneys or executive branch attorneys present to represent him during the House proceedings. Instead, a 15-year staffer who serves as lead counsel for the Republicans on the House Oversight committee under Jim Jordan, Steve Castor, worked tirelessly, showed up to testify in front of millions while bringing his binders in a shopping bag, and, always outnumbered, defended the President.

If there are no atheists in foxholes, there should be no one who cannot see the hand of God at work. This nation again has been blessed. Keep praying and walking out your faith.

• dd_sc says:

McCarthy was fairly conservative when he was first elected; got a bit swampy when he was put on the leadership track. If he’s returned to his old self, he could be a pleasant surprise.

• FPCHmom says:

Don’t forget, McCarthy was actually next in line for the speakership when Boehner retired, but he went onto Hannity and gloated about the select committee (which was looking into Benghazi) soon after the email scandal broke and commented about her approval numbers going down.

I just read this politico article about McCarthy, and am reminded of how often the Republican house just gave into the dems at the slightest bit of pressure, and because of that, there was never any real understanding of either Benghazi or her email scandal or Fast and Furious or the IRS stuff either.

Contrast that with the Dems running roughshod over congress with this impeachment farce, and I just want to bang my head against the wall..

From the article – “On Tuesday, McCarthy bragged to Fox News’ Sean Hannity that “everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi Special Committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping.”

Anyway, shortly after McCarthy’s gaffe, a rumor came out that he was having an affair with congresswoman Renee Elmers and the two public back-to-back mistakes cost him the speakership.

McCarthy backed out of the race and the republicans drafted a reluctant Paul Ryan, and he went on to be a complete disaster and lose the house.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

-mom – consider that those pieces of info are on the surface.

Consider: the affair could have been known for a long time, and was only brought up when needed to silence someone who was tiptoe – ing a little too close to the truth with Benghazi.

Benghazi was such a terrible fiasco that supposed (R)s should have been jumpi g all over the issue and never letting it rest. Why did it fade away? Swamp. Carrot or stick.

• CountryDoc says:

“The Dems screamed that he was politicizing the investigation, and they were able to strong-arm the republicans (Trey Gowdy was in charge) about it, and keep the investigation very narrowly focused on events on that 9/11 and not much else.”

So who all is on Fox now that is of questionable loyalty? Is Trey Gowdy friend or foe, or worse yet — wolf in sheeps clothing? Is McCarthy still on fox? Paul Ryan? How swampy is Fox,

We as a nation need to crystallize the issues. Define the principles of what citizens really need for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, and then identify the current practical issues and goals clearly. Once we do this, we will be able to vet true Patriots from enemies.

We have to educate the populace on these issues
        Get good representation, not only in government, but in the communication networks:
        — school from preschool to Graduate degree and continuing education
        Call out and expose those issues pretending to be for the people that actually enslave us
        Use the consitution and law to identify the socialist/communists, but more importantly the traitorous wolves in sheeps clothing and neutralize or eliminate them:
        — the lawfare group
        — Obama et al
        — Shiff et all
        — Warner et all
        — clintons et all
        — Pelosi, Nadler et al
        — Biden, Kerry et al
        — US Chamber et al
        — Those orchestrating the diversion of 3/4ths and 3 Trillion of our healthcare dollars

These people should hang. If we can’t hang them they need to go to jail for life, if we can’t lock them up, they need to forever be labelled as the stench/scum they are, marginalized, and neutralized.

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Jim Jordan was a founder of the House Freedom Caucus and was adverse to the GOPe leadership interests of Speaker Paul Ryan and Leader Kevin McCarthy. However, McCarthy recognizes the new Republican party is the party of President Trump and the blue-collar coalition. His support for Jim Jordan is reflective of the Trump movement now leading the party.”

In other words, he wants to stick around a while longer and not wind up like Eric Cantor

8. MFM says:

My guess, based on past comments, is Mark.Meadows will be moving to the WH as President Trump’s COS..

9. Sammy Hains says:

In fairness to Kevin McCarthy, he has been a Trump supporter for a long time.

In retrospect, it’s unfortunate he said one dumb thing about the Benghazi investigation hurting hiLlARy’s poll numbers and lost getting the Speakership because of it.

Trump wouldn’t have had nearly as hard a time in the House if McCarthy had been Speaker, and I do believe Republicans would still control the House today if not for Paul Ryan’s deliberate sabotage of House Republicans.

10. fanbeav says:

Now how about removing Senator Burr from the SSCI and replacing him with Senator Rand Paul? I am told Burr (aka Mark Warner) will not investigate the whistleblower fiasco.

11. Sammy Hains says:

It’s a good thing Doug Collins is running for the Senate.
    That way, there will still be a Senator Collins in January 2021.

• Crewdog 52. says:

Doug Collins will be a big loss for the House. He is one of the President’s strongest supporters. Assuming he wins the Senate race, which is by no means certain, he would be a Freshman Senator with much less influence than he currently has or would have in a Republican controlled House.

• sickconservative says:

Cream rises to the top, really Collins will be a voice from the start.

• jimboct says:

If Doug is 1/4 as smart as I know him to be, he is cultivating talent to step into his shoes. VSGPDJT is thinking long game now. Not just to 2020 or 2022 but after he leaves office in 2025. Nutty Nancy, Big Jerry and Schifty Schiff have taught him that to win one election isn’t enough. He must vanquish his enemies, burn their crops and salt their lands so nothing grows. VSGPDJT will destroy the Democrat party and liberate our African American citizens who have been under the heel of racist democrat practices for years. VSGPDJT is not playing games. No more mister nice stable genius. For the win

12. leobink55 says:

POTUS sang the praises of Rep and Mrs Meadows today. Sounds like he’ll resurface in a key role.

13. fangdog says:

One can “feel” the eventual extinction of Rinos.

14. Ackman419 says:

NC-11 shouldn’t be too tough, from an Oregonians view.
    I’m not familiar with any MAGA candidates there, but Meadows is leaving a nice wake to surf on.
    As long as Heath Shuler doesn’t resurface, we should be OK

• Except NC 11 has been redistricted so all of Ashville is in the district.

• littleanniefannie says:

The fat slob William Barber, a RINO (that’s reverend in name only), and activist judges overturned the districts. Funny how gerrymandering is okay as long as Dems do it but racist when Republicans do it. Blubber Barber declared the redistributing racist before it was released.
        Must get rid of the leftist radicals in the judiciary.

15. palafox says:

…and that repetitive dull thudding sound you hear is Matt Gaetz kicking himself in the shin, over and over.

16. Bigly says:

We all had reservations on McCarthy after Ryan. Seems he was just mocking Ryan, survival.

Trust trump.

17. kallibella says:

I’ve heard it said, “acquittal has consequences!”

18. Lespristy says:

Doug Collins is my House Rep and I was very impressed with his support for PDJT, particularly throughout the impeachment process. I will of course be supporting him for the Senate.

• dd_sc says:

How popular is Senator Loeffler? Rep. Collins is running against her in the special election isn’t he?

Looking like a brutal Republican primary?

• Lespristy says:

My non-scientific polling says that nobody has a clue who Loeffler is. I don’t really either.

Brutal… well, we’ll see. Whatever happens, the R’s ought to stay unified behind the President.

19. President Trump is making all of them better. That’s what real leadership does.

20. ladyliberty11 says:

What a cadre of stars we now have in the Republican party under President Trump – borne in the battle to save the Republic these past three years, they are battle-tested men and women of courage, resolve, intelligence, wit and dignity and we all know their names.

President Trump thanked them today and we also give them our heartfelt thanks and fervent prayers for their continued success in righting this Ship of State, this mighty Republic that we love and revere, ravaged and torn though she may be by those who seek her destruction, so that, once again, our blessed country will shine anew in her true goodness and glory. Amen.

21. 4EDouglas says:

Preparing the battle space. 2020 is not going to be a Dem year..

22. litlbit2 says:

All sounds very good except I do not trust McCarthy. Once a Swamper, then possibly have his O Jesus moment, is not a lasting quality. I pray my thoughts are totally incorrect but look at Lady Lindsay. So imo the weak spots are those two and McConnell and Chief Justice Roberts.

• Bill says:

I agree, Lit. I don’t want a speaker that has to read the winds of change to become something he wasn’t originally. I want a dyed in the wool MAGA LION. This seems lazy on the parties part, and Risky. Go with someone else please. Kevin can have a management role until he proves his worth. Then and only then does he get an executive VP positing.

Sorry, I’m not letting someone like him be the speaker after all the back stabbing PDJT has been through the last three years. Have we learned nothing?!

• swissik says:

I don’t entirely trust McCarthy either because he is from California. Just for that he is tainted, but I will give him the benefit of doubt for the time being.

• litlbit2 says:

I respect your opinion. However we should think how difficult it will be to get him out once settled into to role. As an example, in the Senate, the problems of replacing McConnell with all the swamp baggage, China connections, Secretary of Transportation. Such as we do not know how many Ukraine’s, Biden’s, Romney’s, Pelosi’s are in the cue but feel very safe in saying the numbers would require reams of pink sheets.

• Sherri Young says:

Devin Nunes is from California too.

23. Will says:

President Trump needs to find a position in his administration for Mark Meadows!

24. Bob Parker says:

It is so incredibly refreshing & exciting to see the GOP House turn towards President Trump & away from the spineless John Boner & equally spineless Paul RINO.

And I too had my doubt about Kevin McCarthy eventually ascending to the Speaker position following the next Republican takeover. However, Mr. McCarthy has slowly, steadily won me over (over time) with his always fervent support of President Trump & passionate attacks on the Dems prior to, during, & post-impeachment.

I am relieved that McCarthy got religion in the process of getting Trump. And President Trump was most supportive of McCarthy in today’s “Victory Lap” @ the White House.

And yet another tip of the cap to President Trump with his support of Senate Republican candidates in this past year’s election. We picked up a few additional seats, & damn if President Trump didn’t end up needing every 1 of them to get aquitted!!

It is truly amazing to see Republican Congress’ morphing into MAGA, KAG, + vociferously supporting President Trump thru the impeachment. Add this to ALL of President Trump’s remarkably numerous accomplishments thus far & we’ve got to make some space on Mt Rushmore to fit in our beloved President!!

Loved his State of the Union speech. Loved his victory lap. Love his rallies.

Heck, I just LOVE President Trump period!!

• steph_gray says:

I too think McCarthy seems to have come around, but CTH has taught me to watch certain people closely, as well we always should.

By the way, I wonder how great it must feel to politicians who have been stuck in swamp-speak for their entire careers to realize that under this incredible POTUS they can experience the unalloyed joy of telling truth. No need for endless double speak and fear of political incorrectness. Just speak from the heart like a normal person does. There’s a great deal more of it going around! You can almost see the relief in their faces.

25. JohnCasper says:

But what about Romney? Won’t he be getting a new position too?

Like Senate PLO. (see “No Time For Sergeants”)

26. JL says:

“Kevin McCarthy wants to be Speaker if Republicans can retake the House.”

As long as he keeps making good moves, let him think that he will be. As of yet, at least in my opinion, he’s nowhere close to earning that spot yet.

Devin Nunes.

27. MVW says:

Without unfettered access to the entire NSA database, I wonder how well the Democrats will do in 2020 election?
    What happened to Antifa & the union sourced thugs? Intimidation is also a key in past elections.

• TarsTarkas says:

I believe through their bureaucratic allies they still have effective unfettered access to the database. Illegal, but what’s that to them?

Valerie Jarrett isn’t living in DC for the weather.

• Robert Smith says:

Until the system is closed down I a sure they get the information they need.

• littleanniefannie says:

There need to be serious MAGA/KAG gatekeepers. Block all other access.

Time to reassign all the Obama SES holdovers. They will make great National Park guides, they can man rest areas along interstates, maybe even janitorial positions at foreign embassies. Nothing anywhere near an Intel Agency or any other critical area of the government. Federal dogcatchers might be good, or cat herders, Maybe even inspectors at chicken/turkey/hog processing facilities for post-preparation disposal.

• Sherri Young says:

Found on Roscoe’s twitter timeline:

28. California Joe says:

Went to see “1917” today at Foothills Ranch and it was excellent! I haven’t seen a movie this good and with such incredible details since Saving Private Ryan. I encourage everyone here to go see it!

29. Hans says:

Romney wanted to be SOS.. seeing all the corruption in the State Dept. it makes sense…another deep state plant…

30. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I was very pleased and impressed with the president’s recognitian and praise of Elise Stefonic. He even stated that Melania favors her. That doesn’t surprise me.

31. Vince says:

Our priority right now is to make sure the president is re-elected, and to take the house back. But from that moment on, we need to develop MAGA PACs. We need to organize American manufacturers, American workers to donate money to political action committees that favor MAGA candidates. Politicians are simple, they go where the money is. And if we don’t have the money, they will drift back to the chamber of commerce.

32. PatriotKate says:

Off topic, but not totally off topic. Just watched this Blaze TV special on Ukraine – the final piece. Very compelling and from Glenn Beck has put together this looks much bigger than just cronyism and Hunter Biden making a lot of money. It’s about the $1.8 Billion in missing aid to Ukraine, the head of Burisma, money laundering and quite likely an illegal proxy war.

Beck says all of this will be delivered to Senators Grassley and Johnson tomorrow morning.

33. William Barker says:

COPYING AND PASTING FROM MY FB PAGE:

*** LET’S SEE IF SUNDANCE CAN CONVINCE ME… ***

EXCERPTING:

* Sorry. Don’t see it. If Trump were leading the GOP… McConnell and the Senate would have shut down the phony “impeachment.” Plenty of LEGAL grounds – as well as ethical – which they could have cited.

* And… Trump SAID he wanted witnesses. Did he get them? No. (Right?)

The President is correct: “the republican party has never been more united.”

* Uh-huh. (*SNORT*) (*SHRUG*) Again… sorry… I just don’t see it.

* McCarthy is RYAN’S hand-picked successor. McConnell is… McConnell. As I noted today, Trump didn’t even MENTION Rand Paul – let alone thank him… let alone laud HIM – during his pep rally.

* And Sundance himself is the one who keeps pointing out that the Senate Intelligence Select Committee is totally corrupt – controlled by and appointed by McConnell.

* So far, all Sundance is achieving is making me wonder… “WHAT’S GOTTEN INTO HIM? WHO’S GOTTEN TO HIM?!”

* Big deal. (*SHRUG*) They’re in the MINORITY…!!!

* That’s not how the House works. Dems have near-absolute power administratively. (Sundance knows this.)

* David Vargha… I find this latest Sundance piece VERY out of character. Just sayin’… just NOTING.

* Again… MCCARTHY is RYAN’S hand-picked successor.

(*SILENCE*)

* Again… Jordan ran what I can only characterize as a FAKE leadership challenge to McCarthy back after the 2018 election.

* I’m sorry; I can’t trust Jordan. I DON’T trust Jordan. Think back to how many times we’ve gotten burned.

* OR… (*SMIRK*)… McCarthy wants it to LOOK that way… and it doesn’t HURT him as long as the GOP is the House MINORITY.

(*SHRUG*)

Meadows is retiring…

*** MEADOWS IS RETIRING…?!?! ***

* Gang. We’re being played. (*SHRUG*) Hope I’m wrong… but… that’s the way it looks to me.

• MAGADJT says:

No one is going to read a way too long rant-post with that many caps. But you need to consider stepping away for a bit and re-calibrate.

• steph_gray says:

“Don’t trust Jim Jordan” is simply laughable.

Thanks for playing.

• CM-TX says:

UNIparty gonna UNIparty. It’s amazing a letter [R/D] behind someone’s name, still fools people!! This can’t be fixed until people wake up… Swallow the darn PILL!!

So, I can see validity in many of your points… with one exception- Jordan. He’s not one of the bad guys, he’s just somewhat constrained.

34. teeheeman says:

The R’s are getting their S**T together……this could get really exciting in Trump’s second term……

35. teeheeman says:

NOW IS THE TIME TO BE OPTIMISTIC AND GO ON OFFENSE FELLOW TREEPERS!!!!!

36. gabytango says:

Talking about changing positions….
    On Ingraham: WH May Dismiss Alexander Vindman from National Security Council!
    Hallelujah!

37. Snellvillebob says:

I will gladly vote for Doug Collins as a Senator from the State of Georgia. He will be an enormous improvement over Johnny Isakson and the GOPe (with a D) girl our governor replaced him with.

38. thehawkeyehoneypot says:

Would i be wrong to think jim jordans nephew was killed by the deepstate? Living in the area a single person crash on interstate 74 where he died never made any sence to me. The timing was horrible with jim applying the pressure in dc at the time.

39. TheLastDemocrat says:

The Swamp tries to get you by carrot or by stick.

They may have had the wrestling se xual abuse story in their back pocket, and ready to throw it at Jordan when he got too far out of line.

Like Trump, Jordan was undaunted when they made their play. And, that play failed. That must be the best they have on Jordan.

[Trump has always been like: I have already had the media and public get outraged over my cad – like behavior – I am not gonna let that type of ploy derail MAGA.]

40. coldanger says:

Great news. Now replace that snake Burr on the Senate Intelligence Committee…

41. Kay123 says:

I have watched Mark Meadows for several years now.
    He always votes, supports, has mild temper, and
    says exactly what I am thinking also.
    WAY TO GO MARK!!!

The higher you go….. the nastier it gets. Those
    DemonCrats are as unethical and evil as he!!
    Watch your back and stick together. The 💩
    “Deep staters,” “Shadow gubmt ♠️” are desparate now. 🔥
    This is WINNING 💥…..and I LOVE IT ❤️

42. 6x47 says:

I recall McCarthy was regarded with great skepticism as a Boehner/Ryan lackey but he does seem to be a pleasant surprise.

43. CountryDoc says:

The army of patriots is building…..

44. CountryDoc says:

The army of patriots is building…..

45. The House cleaning continues……

46. Jimmy Jack says:

This is very encouraging news. Thanks for always sharing the positive news as well as your analysis.