Deadly Crash Involving Bus Carrying Covington Catholic High School Students…

This is terrible.  For unknown reasons a car crossed the median on a highway in Kentucky and drove directly into a bus carrying students from Covington High School.  The driver of the car was killed, some of the bus passengers were injured including the bus driver.

The students were returning home after the March for Life rally in Washington DC.

CALIFORNIA, Ky. — One person is dead and several are injured following a head-on crash involving a charter bus carrying Covington Catholic students, Campbell County police said.

The crash happened around 7:20 a.m. Saturday in the northbound lanes of the AA Highway at California Crossroads in Campbell County.

According to witnesses on the scene, a southbound car somehow entered the northbound lanes of the highway, striking the charter bus head-on.

“I saw a car come across the median and head toward me,” said Ricky Lynn, a witness who was also driving north. “I was able to get out of the way.”

The driver of the wrong-way car was pronounced dead at the scene. That driver’s name has not been released.

Two people on the bus were taken to area hospitals for treatment, and others suffered minor injuries. The motor coach driver suffered a minor knee injury, the bus company said.

The bus was full of Covington Catholic High School students and several parent chaperones, who were returning from the March for Life rally in Washington. The bus was one of four in a caravan, carrying a total of about 200 passengers. (read more)

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

169 Responses to Deadly Crash Involving Bus Carrying Covington Catholic High School Students…

1. frances says:

Very sad, may the driver rest in peace and those injured recover quickly

2. gda53 says:

Tragic yes, but good to hear none of the kids or their parents were killed or even seriously hurt.

• HB says:

Which bus was Nicholas on?

• Analyst1 says:

Too many conincidences like this happen have happened. Time and again those who challenge the narrative, witnesses in a trail, or have spoken out as whistleblowers against the power brokers, have a tragic accident. This even goes beyond just the Clintons.
        Sundance, what are your views on this?

• richq11 says:

It was some lunatic CNN watching kamikaze thinking he(?) was going to get revenge on Nicholas Sandmann… the left really is that unhinged!

• MikeN says:

My guess is this driver tried to overtake a truck going past the broken yellow.

The ability to target someone like this is pretty low. They don’t even know which road the bus will take from DC- could be I71 from Columbus, Route 52, even 71 up from Lexington.

• Vern74 says:

Googling the highway, don’t believe the media strip was more than 5 feet wide, with no guardrails. Our lives are governing by split seconds.

• COlibertybelle says:

Too much of a coincidence….the Deep State alphabet orgs have the technology to take over control of vehicles. Let’s see who the driver was – may tell us a lot about the motivation and mechanics here.

3. diogenes says:

Why do I get the feeling this collision was not coincidental?

4. Mark1971 says:

I hate two-lane highways. Try to avoid then if possible. I’ve seen too many numbskulls make dangerous passes across the solid line.

• Blue Moon says:

I think it was on I-75 outside of Covington KY

• Battleship Wisconsin says:

In our area, which is at the confluence of several major Interstate highways, several head-on collisions occur every year in the four-lane because of drivers who were drunk, who fell asleep at the wheel, or who became impaired in some other way and who then ended up headed the wrong way towards oncoming traffic. In other words, it happens all the time.

• Judith says:

I’ve heard that drunks driving the wrong way are often in the left lane (thinking it is their right lane) especially when they first get onto the road. Good thing to know if you’re driving in the wee hours.

We had a wrong-way driver appear out of nowhere, in the left lane of the parkway on a Sunday afternoon. We were driving with our kids to a basketball game, and he suddenly appeared over the crest of a bridge right in front of us.

The driver swerved onto the median to avoid the crash. We had no time to react. There was a lot of traffic, so he couldn’t have been driving the in wrong lane for too long. He probably had come down an exit ramp, thinking it was the entrance to the parkway.

• WVPatriot says:

Quickest route from Ashland, KY (Catlettsburg, KY/Kenova, WV) to Alexandria, KY/ (Cincinnati, OH). Heavy car and truck traffic…for this area.

5. NICCO says:

Who else are they suing?They beat cnn out of big money nbc,wapo still pending .Wouldnt put it past them to try to harm this young man.Father we cover these children with the precious blood of Jesus Christ and surround them with the fire of your Holy Spirit according to Zachariah 2;5.no plot,no plan ,no hex ,ne vex,no witchcraft,no power, no principality and no demon in hell will prosper against your people Lord.And no weapon formed against them shall prosper.Lord ,your word says that the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous.Lord let all the monies flow to your children according to your word.Father ,we praise you,we worship you,we glorify your holy name.In Jesus Christ we pray and give you all the thanks and glory,Amen

6. Alleycats says:

Thank you God, for protecting these children and chaperones.

7. James W Crawford says:

Vehicular Assault.

Investigate the political positions of the driver.
    May be the driver was an employee of CNN who was fired after the network lost the lawsuit?

8. Pamela Renee Blythe says:

I saw a pic today of the young man that was smeared by the media when the indian was pounding a drum in his face for wearing a Trump hat. He was with that group on the bus. He won a huge lawsuit…that should answer a lot of questions.

9. Blue Moon says:

That is so so sad. They were almost home. Prayers go out to the driver’s family and all on the bus that were injured. I hadn’t even noticed this today as we had a shooting last night in a local restaurant where over 15 shots were fired and 2 men were killed. This whole town is in an uproar about the need for guns and whether to outlaw them. Crime has grown in our town—we are the 3rd largest city in Kentucky. It just keeps getting worse. That area up north that this crash happened is a very congested area. I hate traveling that area.

10. The mere fact that so many people are questioning this accident shows you the complete lack of trust that people have in their “Government.”

• todayistheday99 says:

It’s just going to get worse and worse until the Dem criminals are thrown in jail. Bill Barr are you listening?

• Somebody's Gramma says:

Exactly that. And until the perpetrators of the crimes, starting with those at the top of law enforcement and our government, are properly charged and sentenced, nothing is going to change. Even the great economy will not change how people are feeling (with the facts to back it up), that we are pawns in a larger corrupt game. And that there are those who want us dead. That is a fact.
      #2A

• theoldgoat says:

The key with any prosecutions, which I HOPE are coming, not that I feel all that confident with these seditionists being brought to justice, is they almost have to be iron clad. The left will of course claim they are revenge, which to a point they are given the nature of these attacks against Trump. If the case against them is solid it helps slow the propaganda machine from looking to exonerate them. The Democratic National Socialists will defend these who acted in sedition, or possibly treason, but blunting their rhetoric with a solid case against them, it makes their defense of these criminals another blowback against them.
        I just have doubts about Barr who seems to have been involved too many years in the swamp to have come through without corruption.

• Gramma- I just wrote a post on this very subject. We cannot allow this evil to stand. It has gone on too long and infected our Republic worse than Corona Virus.

• COlibertybelle says:

• Ogre says:

2 lanes each way, with a very easily crossed median. White dashed lines indicating 1 way flow. White late model sedan as the other crash participant. Time = ~7:30 AM, with overcast skies.

I’d like to wait a bit before passing judgment on what happened. That said, It does seem that every person standing up to the corrupt in today’s time has a “coincidental” event like this happening to them.

That it is becoming more commonplace gives the appearance that the Corrupt are getting openly brazen…or openly desperate…about it all – daring people to stop them.

11. sterling1776 says:

May God bless the Covington Catholic student body and protect them.

12. Somebody's Gramma says:

Thank you Lord God for putting your mighty angels around these children and those that care for them. You Lord are the only One we can trust.

13. Kokanee says:

This was not an accident. Cars can be hacked. Gee, the odds that it hit that bus?

14. FL_GUY says:

I don’t believe it was an accident. Just like I don’t believe the head on with the new R candidate in SC was an accident. I’d like to know if the car that hit the bus had computer controls that have been proven to be hackable. The driver may have had nothing to do with it just like the reporter who was exposing Brennen drove right into a tree at 80mph wasn’t in control of his car and before it happened, said he was in fear for his life.. JMHO

• Elric VIII says:

Another reason I love my 30-year old pickup truck.

• Elric VIII says:

Another reason I love my 30-year old pickup truck.

• Rhi says:

I’m with many of you treepers, first thought was hacking car computer system by DS rat bastards. Unless proven otherwise.

• MD says:

It is also possible that if the driver of the car was intentionally doing this they were going straight at the bus figuring the bus driver would swerve out of the way to avoid the car and then roll the bus. The bus didn’t swerve (enough) and they crashed.

• flova says:

And just recently the wife of the Google whistle blower who exposed their meddling in the 2016 election, was killed when her car swerved into a rig.

Could be they’ve opted for car accidents instead of suicide and thug murders where the thugs are never caught.(Seth)

• Judith says:

Now, if that bus veered had over the median I would be more suspicious. I believe it would be much easier to commandeer the bus itself, than it would be to cause another vehicle, traveling in the opposite direction, to crash into it.

• annieoakley says:

That reporter was Michael Hastings and remember the Toyota floor mat scandal where drivers were suddenly unable to control their vehicles speed? Jim Jordan had a nephew suddenly killed in an unusual automobile accident. There are just too many of these strange “accidents” to be accidental.

15. MD says:

What would the odds be that this particular group of kids who made national news would be involved in a major accident coming home from a right to life rally? You would probably have a better chance at winning the lottery two weeks in a row. I am wondering who the driver of the car was or what information we will get about this if any. Interesting too how close they were to home when this happened.

16. TwoLaine says:

No problem. It’s probably just one of those illegal aliens who just got a brand new drivers license from the State of New York. Who knew there were opposite lanes to drive in.

Praying for the families and children.

• Skidroe says:

I am sorry but if I have learned anything these past few years it is that nothing surprises me. The left( John Brennan) and so many others will do ANYTHING to keep their power and protect themselves. I just wish they would attempt to come through my front door. Bang! Bang!

17. I am not usually a conspiracy person, but I think this is weird….attempting to take out Sandmann or issue a warning? Too coincidental for me.

18. MNcarrypermitholder says:

Not many cars are actually steerable electronically. I can’t find info on the car in the crash, but it looks like a generic mid-level car from a few years back.

I also consider it incredibly implausible that a newspaper or other lawsuit defendant could hire someone to do this intentionally.

Short of some really astounding proof, the only two plausible stories are 1) accident and 2) suicidal (and gullible) person who decided on their own to attempt a murder/suicide.

And that second one will need some heavy proof too, but it isn’t unheard of – many true believers have taken it on their own initiative to attack people who have been demonized by the press. All of the examples that pop into my mind are people who attacked the right after listening to the left-wing press, but I’m almost certain it has gone the other direction before too.

I hope it was an accident, but either way, I’m praying for the deceased, be he unlucky or misguided, and his family, and the students and their families.

19. TwoLaine says:

“at the intersection of AA Highway and California Crossroads”

California, of course.

20. Pokey says:

I didn’t even read about this until I saw a piece on GP about it. I smell bad fish.

21. Abster says:

That’s very strange the bus happened to be carrying Covington kids.

22. kayofmt says:

This may have been a real accident. I had a car cross in front of me going the opposite direction once and he shot off the road into some sand. Turns out he was already dead from a heat attack. Nobody will really know until an autopsy is done and a report is issued.

23. mimbler says:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that this was simply a tragic accident. Vehicles crossing the center lane and causing a head on happen every day.

The size of the car precluded serious damage to the bus. Occam’s razor says it is exactly what it looks like – a tragic accident.

IMO of course,

24. deplorable says:

Just because it’s called Arkancide doesn’t mean that it can only happen in Arkansas. #clintonbodycount

25. Trump Train says:

What kind of car was it? Sadly I would not be shocked if it was hacked. That is how evil these people are.

26. Badseed says:

All these theories and conspiracy stuff and not one mention (that I saw) of a distracted driver screwing around with their damned phone. I can’t believe the number of people I see texting or dialing when driving. To me its as bad as drinking and driving which I used to do but was very fortunate to not have any life issues because of it.

27. v4ni11ista says:

I wonder if the NTSB will be investigating this.

28. Sam says:

Please stop smearing the unknown driver who died. Wait a while until facts become known. Don’t be the media. Remember what they did to the Covington students..

29. Athena the Warrior says:

How convenient that an accident with the Covington HS kids happens and the driver dies just like the Katie Arrington “accident.”

There are no coincidences.

30. CountryDoc says:

My mind was suspicious, but odds of an intentional event are low. For Sundance to post it, I expected some significant additional evidence of foul play other than coincidence. The Covington kids are a visible political entity, but several things crossed my mind, already mentioned above..

The odds of doing harm to a bus with a car is small.
    It killed the driver. That makes it more likely an accident unless it is a suicide bomber.
    This is fresh, there are very little facts, and no evidence of foul play.

Hadn’t thought about hacking computerized cars (especially Telsas). Engineers — how possible is that really?

America is hungry for truth, facts, logic. We are tired of being manipulated by fear, drama, innuendo.

CTH is generally a good forum for thinking out loud, and low on drama, overreaction. That this was posted, and the overspeculation innuendos do not help our reputation or the usefulness of this site. We are all busy. There is a lot of information to process. We all need to minmize unneccessary reading for each other. (and I need to keep that in mind myself at times, as some of you have tactfully reminded me)

• Ackman419 says:

Well said, doc.
      Let’s be the rational adults.

• Yes. MY spider sense was alerted to possible overreaction by Sundance’s writing “This is terrible”, when nobody on the bus was killed; that is the only “odd” thing I have seen in this incident so far. Without evidence of wrongdoing, the commonality of such accidents says the most likely cause was a heart attack or falling asleep at the wheel.

Still, I am keeping my mind open…because you could all be CIA, know what I mean? /s

• Orygun says:

Lane assist uses sensors on the car to electronically adjust the steering to keep the car between the white lines.
      It was an option on my new car but I don’t like the idea a computer can steer my car.
      If the connections are there it is a matter of programming and most cars tether to the internet automatically through your cellphone.

The Aegis destroyers being hit by large commercial ships with all their sensitive surveillance gear is also a headscratcher. Given enough time I believe anything can be controlled or hacked.

31. California Joe says:

….or suffered a heart attack. It’s not uncommon.

32. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Katie Arrington. Michael Hastings. The commuter train full of republicans hitting a garbage truck.
    Any others?

• Judith says:

Someone upthread had mentioned Jim Jordan’s nephew. And wasn’t Putin in a near miss around
      the time of our 2016 election? His chauffeur, driving Putin’s car in a motorcade, was killed in a suspicious accident.

• Samiam says:

Another suspicious car accident – Dennis and Lorraine Carver of Riverside, California survived the Las Vegas concert mass shooting. Lorraine referenced multiple shooters in Facebook Posts letting friends and family know they made it out ok, saying: “I think the shooters have gone”. Two weeks later, they died in a car crash less than a mile from the gated community in which they lived. According to officials, the Carvers’ vehicle crashed into the metal gate, then burst into flames; it took firefighters more than an hour to put out the fire caused by the violent collision.

33. X XYZ says:

I never cease to be amazed at how many here can be so quick to put on a tinfoil hat and theorize a conspiracy. It seems to be a habit, common in some conservative media.

Hanlon’s Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. (Or any more likely factor.)

Late night and early AM vehicle accidents are usually caused by impaired driving – including falling asleep at the wheel or due to effects of earlier residual intoxication.

• Brickman45 says:

Give me a break. Why not? This world isn’t always as it seems. This is a huge “coincidence”, and I don’t believe in coincidences

• X XYZ says:

OK, have your break and believe what you choose to believe.

Some cling to their beliefs, and some prefer FACTS.

• paul Vincent zecchino says:

“FACTS”? Wow. So powerful, so authoritative, emotional, and moralistic; the badges of a phony argument devoid of any facts.

So, do tell, what ‘FACTS’ have you to disprove malevolent behavior in this crash?

Use as much space as you need. Please, disabuse us of our wild conspiracy theories.

• X XYZ says:

Those who enjoy speculating in what you willing admit are “wild conspiracy theories” are impatient and unwilling to wait for the facts to be known. And that’s a FACT.

Some find speculation to be an enjoyable activity. It’s a self-rewarding behavior.

34. Kokanee says:

Unlikely my comment will ever see the light of day… but I have the feeling this was a message. A car can have every system (steering, breaks, acceleration … ) hacked and taken control of by a near by lap top or satellite for more powerful foes. I’m an IT guy and the advances that I have seen over the last 30 years make this easy. Message sent. I would not be surprised if Nick’s lawsuits ended suddenly.

35. GTOGUY says:

One of the witnesses said it looked like Brian Stelter of CNN was driving the car that swerved. That report is unconfirmed.

36. Fannie says:

The bus driver did a great job. Another plus is that they were close to home because the gas tank can hold about 180 gallons. I believe these coaches have 3-point passenger seat belts.

37. TheLastDemocrat says:

If it sounds like a Robert Ludlum plot device, I am inclined nowadays to willingly consider some thing nefarious.
    Luke Grandpa Jones would say: “The truth is stranger than fact.”

38. CW says:

Company remote control,retards.

39. MfM says:

This accident happened 20-30 miles from the end of their trip, if my googling is correct.

If someone wanted to do it, it wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to know these were the buses.

• vladdy says:

Gentle reminder that the goolag is a brand name….for a corporation that discriminates against conservatives and the country’s president….and not really a synonym for “look up” (although they would like it to be and love the free advertising.)

Seeing it used as a verb twice in the comments is a nudge for us all to remember that words matter.

40. Dick_Turpin says:

This could have been the “Boston Brakes” treatment which would mean some poor guy was just murdered while driving along the highway or the driver was MKULtra

• Judith says:

Odds are we won’t have to be *that* guy, if we can avoid purchasing these new-fangled vehicles, and avoid being driven BY them. Can anyone tell me what year they began to sell vehicles that use this type of computer system?

41. waicool says:

The covington bus did not crash itself

42. WineTaster2 says:

The AA Highway has been the scene of many fatal or serious crashes over the years since it was built. It can be a dangerous road. I don’t believe this was a targeted hit.

43. Randy says:

The above comment is correct, I live nearby – AA is extremely dangerous. It’s 4 lane and 2 lane in places with no median or divider of any sorts. Near interstate traffic loads without being limited access. You could probably search accidents at this intersection or nearby on KY transportation cabinet website to see how many there are. Deer are also active along the AA and the other driver may have swerved, etc. Seems like an incredible coincidence.

44. Darklich123 says:

I believe in coincidences but I don’t trust coincidences.

45. bluecat57 says:

California, Kentucky – Wikipedia
    California is a home rule-class city in Campbell County, Kentucky, United States.

As if the incident itself wasn’t bizarre enough. I thought someone had made an error in the “location” so I did a search. Now I have to find out what a “home rule-class” city means.

In Virginia there are “independent cities” which are NOT part of any county.

The world is an interesting place for the curious.

46. bluecat57 says:

My first thought was, “This is a hit on Sandman.” In today’s world, that is a RATIONAL thought. The facts will likely prove otherwise, but for all of you that thought the same thing, it is OK to think that and ask questions.

47. FanGirl says:

If this is a rabbit hole you want to go down, I’d start with who does he have lawsuits against? I believe his settlement would still be payable to his estate. So CNN is the only one off the hook.

48. T2020 says:

Almost demonic in timing.

49. snailmailtrucker says:

Very easy to picture Hillary, Obama, or Zucker in their Satan form….forcing a vehicle to
    run head on into a Catholic Kid’s Bus…just after one of the Kids won a Multi- Million Dollar Lawsuit against one of Satan’s Companies …CNN !
    Like the “Damian” Movies !