Jeff Sessions Confirms Senate Bid During Tucker Carlson Interview…

Jeff Sessions made it official tonight during an interview with Tucker Carlson.  The former U.S. Attorney General is running for a senate seat from Alabama.  WATCH:

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Election 2020, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

389 Responses to Jeff Sessions Confirms Senate Bid During Tucker Carlson Interview…

1. sundance says:

2. need24give says:

Sessions fights secession.

May God Give Glory to US All!

;~)

3. Bogeyfree says:

The game to seed more RINOS in the Senate.

He had his chance and IMO failed miserably.

IMO the people of Alabama can do better.

• III% says:

We’ll certainly try.

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

You are wrong, he’s the best Senator Trump and MAGA will have.. 🙂 Please listen..

Jeff Session knows what’s about to happen.(Fisa + Durham)

Jeff Sessions recused cause he knew that the Russia hoax was nothing but a continuation of the 2016 Crossfire Hurricane plot. It was never about the lil Russia discussion he had with the ambassador. (and Team trump knew – Adm. Rodgers!)

Then he started the leak task force which is responsible for much of the material Sundance uses for his excellent investigations.
      Then he appointed Durham(hardest anti gov. misconduct Attorney). Then he appointed Huber to collect the evidence.(to hand it over later to Durham)

Of course Trump said “I have no AG” and Sessions looked like he never spoke to Trump after January 2017..

Now how is Trump acting with Barr? “I don’t know what the DOJ or Barr do”(remember the WAPO story yesterday?).. Why does he act that way? Why isn’t he weaponizing the DOJ like Obama? EXACTLY.. cause he plays along knowing that what’s coming would have no legitimacy if it was run like a “WITCH HUNT”.

Who flew for many hours on Air Force Trump 1? Sessions,.. who else was on board? Gen. Flynn.. and all 3 walked like dummys into the hoax? That crazy to believe!

• adam says:

Maybe Sessions isn’t great … I dunno.

I agree with everything this poster just said. I want to add that the DOJ actually pursued Epstein while Sessions was in charge — how difficult must that have been for him to do?

I hate to sound all TRUST’Y about this so I’ll just say that he’s OG MAGA and don’t let your opinion of him spread because he’s still better than a Democrat.

• Hanuman says:

Interesting. I should wait and see what comes out when it comes out.

• BitchyPants says:

I have always said that they had Jeff Sessions by the ……
          He had no choice but to recuse or he would be in a cell next to Manafort
          Sessions did ALOT under the radar – notice he was on the stage with Barr
          Look how many people voted for Doug Jones….
          And what about old Roy? we don’t need another fiasco

• Paul Apostle says:

Sorry Q, you have no legs.

4. Tom says:

Will someone please put this guy out of my misery? jEEz.

5. ranwa says:

Please… go quietly back to your office and close the door, like you did for the 2+ years as AG. NO THANK YOU!

6. gringz says:

I believe he is sincere. He believed that the had to recuse himself, and I agree with Trump,he should have told him that he was going to recuse himself so that someone else could have been nominated. I don’t think he had a clue how corrupt the investigation was going to be, and since he knew there was no collusion figured it would be over in a few weeks. IMO he was a bad decision maker as AG, but a good senator.

• deepdivemaga says:

I concur. Can’t speak for the voters in Alabama, but I think he can still win in that state, and would be much better than their current Democrat Senator Doug Jones.

• Steve says:

How long was he a Senator? How did he NOT know the corrupt tactics of the swamp?

• gringz says:

Yes I’m sure he was well aware that there was a lot of corruption in DC, but at the time of his recusal , I don’t believe he had a clue that there were so many layers to the whole thing, and I believe he trusted Rosenstein.

• lydia00 says:

Why? Rosensteins wife worked for Hillary. Republicans are really this stupid. I guess you could make The argument that none of that matters because there is no loyalty to principles but that only makes Sessions look like the swag part creature he is.

So explain to me why he ignored antifa? He didn’t have to.

• huecowacko says:

Two decades in the Senate(’97-’17), didn’t learn a thing about DC politics.

• Truth seeker says:

This is where I see myself as well. I think he was in a little over his head as AG. He’s an honest man and in no way could have been prepared to contend with the amount of corruption he ran into at DOJ.

He was a good ally for POTUS in The Senate. There’s no reason to believe that he wouldn’t be again going forward. Perhaps knowing now what he knows he (and POTUS) are up against, he could be even more effective. Certainly better than dem Jones or RINO back-stabbers like Burr.

• Ray Runge says:

Grunts, you are fully invested in the Jeff Sessions as the ignorant Southern Elf scenario.

I give Alabama and the South more credit.

• Miya says:

Respectfully, Sessions should not have recused.

He should have resigned immediately.

Instead he wasted most of Trump’s first term refusing to do his job and defend his president. I’m past caring how many drug dealers, human traffickers, or other losers he put behind bars. None of that will matter if the Dems retake Congress or the White House. Sessions was dead weight. The people of Alabama should know better…but if voters were smart we wouldn’t be this badly off.

• Ray says:

Barr is too much of an institutionalist for me but if he was AG the hoax would have been brought into the limelight pronto.It would not have run through the midterms which would have mitigated the retiring of all those congresspersons. More than likely it would have been far closer and if it was close, a chance to keep the house.Thanks to Sessions the farce had teeth.

7. Will says:

If Sessions wins he will be a solid reliable Senate vote for our President’s agenda. So I’m not bothered by this turn of events. Alabamans can decide on their senator. And still … I cannot fathom the mind that allowed the Russia hoax to proceed knowing what he knew. And to sit back and watch what they did to our President. Sessions is dead to me now.

• He might, but he might not. He’s obviously compromised.

• need24give says:

Perhaps, Sessions was used as part of the ruse to dismantle the Deep State.

He has not been proven otherwise.

I think him a Patriot.

Time will tell.

;~)

• A2 says:

What everyone glosses over is that as part of the Trump campaign he was obliged to recuse as he was under investigation/surveillance by snake McCabe and Co.in the crossfire hurricane coup. If he hadn’t recused, The President would probably be impeached years ago and we would not know what we know now. He appointed Whittaker, Durham and Huber, the leaks stings, and began the roll up of PRC spies and moles amongst other things like human trafficking.

So people should take a step back or two. And I too think he is a Patriot.

• SMP Belltown says:

Good points, A2.

Besides the usual ‘I knew it all along’ declarations, I think that there may be lots of opportunities here for honest and serious speculative fan-fiction here under the heading of “What if Jeff Sessions hadn’t recused himself?”

If it’s true that the “resistance” started early on, I personally doubt that the warriors of the resistance crusade, the self-proclaimed sons of Murrow, and the proud and committed never Trump republican and libertarian types would have just packed up their all-season footwear and gone home rather than spend money having their lawyers face Jeff Sessions and his inherited legal holdovers for a few years.

• USA First! says:

Would a real aPatriot refuse to prosecute Lois Lerner, who went after REAL Patriots? Wake up.

• MaineCoon says:

IIRC it was long after his recusal that it came to light that RR put him under investigation also. That never was in the equation as far as the recusal timeframe, which was during his confirmation hearing.

• Dekester says:

Just a thought, possibly a foolish one. However had Sessions stayed on as AG, would we ever have gotten this far down the rabbit hole.

If PDJT wanted to, could he not destroy Sessions Senate run with a “ tweet” or two.

IMO it is possible that PDJTs “ trashing” of Sessions was the ultimate head fake.

Crazy..agreed. However, who here would have believed that the U.S.A. was as corrupt as it is, and with a true coup of an American President ongoing, in real time. Aided and abetted by the MSM, RINOs career bureaucrats and international players.

The truth really is stranger than fiction.

God bless PDJT

• Beigun says:

Perhaps Sessions played the role of Tar Baby for B’rer Rabbit POTUS.

Deception is the “Art of War” per Sun Tzu.

• ladysforest says:

Doubtful. And if so – why run now? He has lost all trust and popularity. He cannot regain what he spent. What did he purchase for that?

• A2 says:

Funny you should say that. I made a comment about the Briar patch angle years ago about AGSessions. Even posted excerpts from the Disney movie. Lol.

I was attacked unequivocally by some rabid anti-sessions posters, most now long gone but, maybe still posting under different names. It got so bad even Ad Rem suspended me, though I didn’t start it. Really pissed me off at the time. Many posters left at that point, most never returned. They created an alternative site.

I’ve always wondered what motivated them. It was a swarm of specific posters. One person suggested it was a paid attack effort by folks in the deep state that wanted Sessions smeared to neuter him. May have been not the usual suspects=Dems, but Rhino water carriers. His stance on immigration and other issues must have triggered the attacks. They were not random. They were targeted posts.

• Seems a bit contrary to me: people absolutely shredding Sessions for not understanding how corrupt DC was, while at the same time expressing total disgust at the unprecedented corruption unleashed by the Deep State.

• Raptors2020 says:

You don’t hear the Peter Principle cited much anymore, but Beauregard certainly banged his head against his level of incompetence.

The DOJ is a left-wing Democrat monolith. I don’t see much evidence that Barr has budged it an inch yet: no more than Jeffy. Sessions may have tried hard, like Obama ordered the ocean to recede. At least Jeff wasn’t egotistical (or crazy) enough to think the corrupt DOJ would listen.

• ezpz2 says:

To be fair, Jeff Sessions did get Reality Winner off the streets. I don’t know about you, but I remember how much safer I felt when she got imprisoned for five years. NOT!

/SARC

8. frances says:

I think he needs to reconsider, retirement seems a better option.

9. Kathy Cronin says:

Your nemesis…Sundance…

10. Trust Sessions! He’ll announce the 10,000 indictments, the formation of military tribunals and the network of prison camps to house all the Deep State bad actors!

11. jx says:

I think he’s untrustworthy and has bad intent.

12. Raffaella says:

He can go to hell. The biggest deep state contributor in their coup efforts.

13. Baby El says:

I do hereby recuse myself from supporting this Keebler Elf.

14. Admin says:

Big mistake by Sessions. I do not think this will work out for his benefit. I had so much high hopes for Sessions as AG but he turned out to be a squishy Republican who was in over his head and allowed the deep state to dictate his behavior and inaction that have led to the unbelievable mess we have today. Not sure his complimentary political ad comes across as anything more than a kiss ass ad begging the President not to speak out about him. Ill defer my support until POTUS tips his hand.

15. The Jeffster needs a nickname, like Pierre Delecto, or Carlos Danger…how about Benedict Alabama?

• GB Bari says:

Don’t denigrate the whole state because of one mans actions that few people anticipated.

But if they elect him **again**, knowing what they ought to know by now…….

Problem is that he has no real public record of doing other great things for POTUS despite his recusal on the Russia Hoax. Sessions essentially went “dark” and there was no significant effort by anyone in the Administration to defend him or define his role after recusal.

16. dissonant1 says:

Every time I see him I think of recusal. Then I think of bogus FISA warrants signed off on by his successor, the bogus Special Counsel investigation signed off on by his successor, and the “wear a wire” offer. Then I think of the hell that Gen. Flynn and his family have been put through the last three years and what the country has had to go through and how this hurt the Trump admin in its objectives. For him to show up again and ask for support, as a supporter of PDJT, is a bridge too far for me.

17. Tiffthis says:

“F” a ninja named sessions.

18. Richie says:

No need to watch other then to see if Tucker questioned him on his deep state deeds as AG.
    What next, Steve Bannon gonna come back to the White House too? This must be Jeffs Secessionists way of laughing at us. No even an apology? Get The F Out!!

19. Maybe he’s trying to exact his revenge by making sure Doug Jones her re-elected.

20. CopperTop says:

Sessions referred to the Senate as “colleagues” when no longer a Senator trying to get confirmed as AG.

That’s all we need to know.

He remained McConnell’s colleague to the end.

Cannot let him get his seat back without his unimpeachable efforts to serve this POTUS honorably and make up for the travesty of his recusal.

21. Nom de Blog says:

I think I’m hoping Tommy Tuberville wins.

22. Richie says:

If you let proven failures like Sessions back in it will send a message to all the other deep state anti-trump RHINOS that Trumps base is dumb and helpless. Meaning, they can get away with whatever they want without having to worry about losing their post.

23. The Listener says:

I now see Sessions as an enemy of the President. That’s all we need is another Republican Never Trumper voting on impeachment. I don’t trust him.

24. Carrie says:

Rosie Memos is a huge Sessions fan apparently. Me- I’m not so sure. I just remember countless let downs and photos of the possum on these pages… It would take a lot of convincing.

• L4grasshopper says:

He also empowered Rosenhack

• Super Elite says:

This division of the Trump faithful reminds me of Paul not trusting Mark any more after Mark had gone home instead of stay and fight the good fight. Paul and Barnabas had “no small dissension and disputation” So Barnabas took Mark and Paul took Silas on mission in the Book of Acts. And then later Mark wrote the Book of Mark.

32 And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them.
      33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace from the brethren unto the apostles.
      34 Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.
      35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.
      36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.
      37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
      38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
      39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
      40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.
      41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches

• MaineCoon says:

I’m not giving anyone credit for doing anything anymore until those assigned people actually PRODUCE some results. Still waiting on Durham.

25. L4grasshopper says:

It will be interesting to see if the other GOP hopefuls go after Sessions for his stupid recusal mistake.

Sessions either should have not recused, or he should have not accepted the job if he thought recusal was necessary.

Because of his mistake….he empowered Rosenhack.

• Brian Baker says:

At worst, he was complicit in the coup. At best, he got rolled by the deep state bureaucrats. How exactly did he “fight back” for the two years he was AG?

• oldumb says:

Well said. I appreciate the analysis without pretending you know what happened. So many narrow minded opinions here, that think THEY have it all figured out, while only having a small percentage of the facts. But, YEP, complicit or rolled or MAYBE deep cover operative that enabled the bad guys to expose themselves. (I don’t believe the 3rd suggestion, but it is an option.)

26. 🙂

27. belle says:

No. Just No. 😒

28. I’m sorry, he makes me sick.

29. CopperTop says:

JS: “Did I write a book. No. Did I said bad things about POTUS. No.”

TRANSLATION: But I will unless I’m Senator again.

30. Boknows says:

What’s that saying?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I must have a covfefe deficiency.

31. ezgoer says:

Jeff Sessions is Deep State all the way. He’ll stab Trump in the back again when the opportunity presents. Go retire Jeff. It’s better than you deserve. There are other GOP candidates who can win back the Senate seat.

32. Moe Grimm says:

Screw Sessions and Screw his reconciliation skit. Sessions has too very serious damage – to this Country and this President. At this point he has some fkg balls looking for sit down.

33. Gman1976 says:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If I lived in Alabama, I wouldn’t support Sessions after all the trouble he got the President in. Whether he was deceived or played an active role for the deep state or was a Magoo who didn’t have a clue, he can’t be trusted.

34. WeThePeople2016 says:

It will be interesting to hear from POTUS on this. I don’t know how he can be trusted after what he did. If the Deep State got to him while he was AG, they will certainly do it again. He is compromised, IMHO.

35. IGiveUp says:

Another shit sandwich to swallow.

36. AnotherView says:

I used to respect Sessions before he became AG. What a colossal flop! He’s just another RINO who wants to weasel his way back into DC swamp club. Pfffttttt. Look at all these old wizened crones who refuse to retire. We need age limits in House and Senate!

37. individualright says:

om my God people! Sessions is a patriot! He played the part Trump wanted him to play in taking down the cabal. You guys need to get out more often and see the big picture. Did you see the smile on Session’s face the entire time he was talking to Tucker…. the guy is smiliing because he knows he was part of the plan and the plan is working.
    Trump will be campainging and holding a rally for Jeff before the election is over.
    Trump uses actings and actors. Jeff set everything in motion for the takedown of the Clintons.

38. Eric Kennedy says:

I’m not a believer in the Q crap, but there is a reasonable possible alternative here. That Sessions played his role perfectly, with the blessing of the President before, to smoke out the opposition by making them feel like their coup plans would work.

If President Trump is on board with Sessions running again, it would suggest that Sessions may have been playing possum.

39. wightmanfarm says:

I did not watch the interview. Did he say anything about Trump? Would he support Trump?

40. cboldt says:

Sessions successfully fought the senate refusal to seat him as a judge (he took a senate seat), and he will suceesfully beat y’all shortsighted and misinformed opinion that he is a skunk.

• L4grasshopper says:

Explain Rosenstein……..

• Alligator Gar says:

RR is on President Trump. I have posted links many, many time here that report Sessions fired the skunk right when he took office as AG but the PRESIDENT declined to accept RR’s resignation. Sessions was stuck with that rat-faced fink by the President. RR is NOT Sessions’ fault.

41. Coast says:

Just watch….voters will go for him…or a democrat. This is why we can’t get good people elected, yet at the same time we scream “term limits”. We’re stupid.

• Ray Runge says:

As the voters of Alabama will permit the opportunity for Sessions to have an additional act, we as observers can decide if Jeff becomes a back bencher Mitch Rino or contributes to the VSG rebirth of the USA Republic.

42. 🍺Gunny66 says:

Sessions recusing actually almost tore this site apart with the differences of opinion ……many quit posting because of the vitriol..

Sessions and The Bridge Over the River Kwai.

I have viewed the articles Sundance has posted, especially the ones where he pictures the Actor Alec Guiness leaning on the Bridge he just built and the picture of Jeff Sessions.

I believe it is an apt comparison and here is why.

A Southern Gentlemen….An English Officer…their prestige comes before all else…their self-regard blinds them. Their high-mindedness of incorruptibility and irreconcilability, that no matter their decision, it was correct, even if lives are lost, families ruined and the enemy takes over….

In the movie..the Col, Alec Guiness arrives at the prison camp…. has a meeting with his officers. The officers ask to form an escape committee.

Alec Guiness states:
    “There will be not escape committee. We were ordered to surrender. We will follow the orders. No Escape. “We will uphold the Rule of Law”. Pride….
    Military rules state that it is: ”Every prisoners duty to escape”. The Colonel made his own laws.

Jeff Sessions assisted our President in the Campaign. There were allegations against the President that Russia may have colluded with our President to win the nomination.

Jeff Sessions found some obscure rule to recuse himself from all dealings with the campaign. He would not defend the President because he did not want it “seem” as if he was breaking the law.

Sessions should have simply applied the law to the facts and advocate for the Presidents policy. He should have enforced the rules of DOJ. He should have overseen Rosey and make sure he followed the law and rules.

He did not do so. Recusal did not prevent him ordering Rosey to follow the rules. Rosey appointing Mueller was clearly outside the rules and he did Nada. Overly broad and vague recusal.

The Possums Flop.
    Whining he did not think it is right for A NEW ADMINISTRATION, ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE USA to prosecute the outgoing administration but, he does not seem to have a problem with the old administration prosecuting and trying to destroy the new one.

He did not inform the President he would recuse himself. He also tried to set the President up for an “Obstruction Charge”…when in a meeting with the President and the President was informed of the Mueller investigation……Sessions offered his resignation….which would have been considered Obstruction…..the President did not accept his offer.

A Southern Gentlemen….An English Officer…their prestige comes before all else…their self-regard blinds them. Their high-mindedness of incorruptibility and their decisions being irreproachable, that no matter their decision, it was correct, even if lives are lost, families ruined and the enemy takes over….

Sessions kept his fabricated virtue intact.

• CopperTop says:

Good old Gunny! Perfect reflection. Have a blessed Veteran’s Day.

• dissonant1 says:

Very interesting and likely apt take – and very well stated and supported. If Sessions somehow wins back a Senate seat, it would be wise for all to take this aspect of his personality into account when dealing with him and predicting his actions. He does seem to evidence a “higher loyalty” to his own principles and self-perception than to anything else, which well could blind him against doing what is actually best. Thanks, Gunny!

• Alligator Gar says:

You obviously are neither a Southern Gentleman nor a British Officer….

43. California Joe says:

I want to like Jeff but what he did by reclusing to President Trump and the country is pretty hard to forgive. Letting Rosenstein appoint Mueller when there was absolutely no evidence of any crime is unbelievable. I hope Rosenstein rots in hell for what he did to President Trump.

44. Rynn69 says:

I would venture a guess he already met with PDJT and PDJT gave him his blessing. PDJT wants the seat. Just my opinion…

45. JohnCasper says:

If the word audacity did not already exist, it would have to be coined now.

46. Hanuman says:

Another Mittens.

47. soozword says:

Sessions was a great supporter of sane (more restrictive!) immigration policies over the years when he was in the Senate. He doesn’t have to necessarily be in the Senate to still contribute to that cause. There are many ex-Senators and Reps who are spokesmen for various causes and he can join their ranks on the immigration one that is so dear to his heart.

• So true soozword.

Is there honestly NO ONE ELSE in the Republican party in Alabama that can run.

No one?

Jefferson Beauregurad Sessions must come striding out of retirement ( or wherever Senators and former AG who have reclused themselves into great unpopularity go) and save Alabama from the Dems.

I suppose it is up to the voters of Alabama now.

For some reason I just keep thinking of Utah and somebody named Pierre.

48. Jimmy says:

The theory is that Sessions recuses himself and Rosenstein gets turned (“Rod. Jeez. Rod, you really screwed up, didn’t you? Sheesh. Tell you what, Rod….”). Rosenstein agrees to run the Mueller investigation (on the suggestion – no promises – that “We’ll see what we can do to get Justice to go easy on you when this is all over.”) As a result the DNCCBSNBCNPRMSNBCNYTWAPO believe that the Mueller investigation is not being tampered with by anyone associated with Trump but it entirely under swamp control.

I have no idea, myself. But that’s the theory.

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

And also where would be without Mueller and his goons? Would Spygate be revealed?
      Where would we be if Sessions had done everything Trump asked for?
      Hillary arrested, military tribunals in the swamp early 2017 as many scream for?
      Everyone but the closest Trump base would scream Witch Hunt lol. I like where we are right now.

49. bluenova1971 says:

AL voter here…
    In Session’s defense, he had no way of knowing he was going to recuse himself before being confirmed (so he couldn’t have told POTUS ahead of time). He was then duped by some Swamp advisors into recusal after his confirmation. This was by design. McTurtle was in on it, I’m quite sure.

This being said, I’ll be voting for Tommy Tuberville. Since Tommy was a successful Auburn U coach, in our college football-crazed state, this will give some people (UAla fans) a reason to vote for someone else in the primary – reality.

I predict a Tuberville/Sessions primary runoff and it will be too close to call. If Sessions wins the nomination he will have my vote. I also think POTUS will let the primary play out before picking a horse.

• III% says:

😂😂 Maybe some Alabama fans, but this one thinks Tubberville of all the R’s running is most likely to be Trumpian. That’s what we need. More that already know how to fight back and don’t need to be shown how. I detest Jones and want him out.

50. Skeeball says:

The Deep State has Kompromat on this guy, watch out!