After disclosing his prayers of death for the infidels; and after telling investigators he was acting on behalf of his “evil side”; and after finding out his brother is a member of ISIS in Iraq; and after finding pro-ISIS propaganda videos on his cell phone celebrating ISIS mass murders, which he shared with friends and family; well, U.S. justice officials and the FBI now suspect a more “disturbing” motive behind airline employee Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani who was caught tampering with the American Airline GPS system.

Gee, ya think?

Top men.

The DOJ and FBI are on the case, folks.  They have “suspicions”.

MIAMI (AP) — A federal judge cited new evidence of potential terrorism sympathies Wednesday in denying bail for a longtime mechanic charged with sabotaging an American Airlines jetliner that prosecutors say could have caused it to crash with 150 people aboard.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Chris McAliley imposed pretrial detention for Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani at the hearing in Miami federal court.

The new evidence presented by prosecutors includes that Alani has a brother in Iraq who may be involved with the Islamic State extremist group as well as statements Alani made about wishing Allah would use “divine powers” to harm non-Muslims.

Alani, 60, also recently sent a $700 wire transfer to someone in Iraq — where he has extended family — and had videos on his cellphone depicting Islamic State mass murders he shared with others, prosecutors said. In addition, the new evidence shows Alani traveled to Iraq in March but did not disclose that to authorities after his arrest.

“You may be very sympathetic to terrorists,” Judge McAliley told Alani at the hearing. “That’s very disconcerting.”

Alani is a naturalized U.S. citizen from Iraq who has worked as an airline mechanic for 30 years, with no prior criminal record. He’s not charged with a terror-related crime, but Assistant U.S. Attorney Maria Medetis said the potential links to the Islamic State give rise to the possibility his actions had a darker purpose.

Alani told agents after his arrest earlier this month that, “Out of my evil side, I wanted to do something,” Medetis said, adding that the statement was recorded by the FBI. (read more)

This entry was posted in Air Travel, Big Stupid Government, Dept Of Justice, FBI, Iraq, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, Police action, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

148 Responses to Some Guy Did Something – Judge Denies Bail for Sketchy Airline Mechanic Caught Tampering With GPS…

1. Hoosier_Friend? says:

Islam is not compatible with Western values or western religion. I guess there are nice moslums. I guess. And they would surly be more comfortable living among their own in their own countries.

2. A2 says:

Keep looking in all transportation related jobs for them. They always turn up.

3. Abster says:

Will we ever learn?

4. SwampRatTerrier says:

Omar’s Brother Lover Husband?

5. bofh says:

Marie Harf! Well, dayum. How you doin’ girl? Nice to see you workin’ again.

Abdul-Majeed says “Hi”, and wants you to have his baby. Also he was going to ask to borrow some money for bail, but apparently he doesn’t need that now.

6. Ackman420 says:

Ami i the only one who thinks Marie Harf is hawt?

7. I knew that whole union story was a crock of made up bullshit!!
    Apparently the Islamists think we’re all as crazy as the Democratic Party in this country. It’s apparent that Omar or whatever her real name is, thinks we’re all as stupid and gullible as the people who voted for her are.
    Don’t worry folks the premier law enforcement, is on the case….sarc off

• Annie says:

Me too. I have been around the airline industry since 1960…presently have a DIL who is a FA with AAL. the first time, I heard about it..I told her..watch..this is not union related.
      Geeze, it is hard being ..right…all the time..that is what I tell my family..LOL!!!

8. Graham Pink says:

Imagine the reaction if at an airport a sign says, all our aircraft mechanics are Christians.

9. keeler says:

This narrative keeps evolving.

First, we were told his actions revolved around union/labor disputes. Now this.
    Then, we were told the actions posed was no real danger to the plane. When will that story change?

An interesting angle here is the age. Sixty is very old for an operational jihadi. I can’t think of any other that old. Fort Hood shooter was 39 when he attacked. I think that is the oldest. (9/11 leader was 33, if anyone was wondering). Most of these individuals are under 30, or just over.

As with Fort Hood, this person was a professional working in a high skill field. This probably explains the age discrepancy, but the fact that ISIS et all are beginning to recruit this demographic is troubling. It also points to a significant security issue coming down the road as the first and second generations of post-9/11 jihadis advance in professions capable of providing greater access to sensitive fields.

• Keeler, I can’t “like” your comment, but I agree.

• Sam Fox says:

keeler, Prez Trump was right with his ‘muslim ban’. It just didn’t go far enough.

SamFox

• 7delta says:

This guy does seem to be on the long-tooth side of the general jihad demographic, but I don’t think it’s a matter of suddenly being “radicalized” by ISIS. He was doing what mohammed and allah told him to do.

Also, it’s possible that, at 60, he figured it was time he contemplate how his “works” would weigh out with allah, since Islam believes accumulated works are how you get to paradise, except for martyrdom to murder infidels, which is rewarded with an instant ticket for yourself and 70 of your family members.  Maybe he was kind of an Islamic slacker…a shirker-of-his-duties-to-allah type…that felt he hadn’t done enough for the cause after doing the hizrah thing (migration to establish Islam/shariah, which gives paradise beanies too, but it’s not as good as jihad), which caused a tic-toc crisis that prompted him to hurry up and do something jihad-y. Obviously, he didn’t want to die or get hurt, so looks like he chose the slightly less-grand route of just murdering infidels to get some solid paradise beanies.

• The Third Man says:

Jihad from cradle to grave. Then, now, and some day sooner or later. They’re everywhere, including, amazingly, in Congress, White House, CIA, airlines… All AFTER 9/11/2001
        I will never fly again as long as they exist.

• myshariamoor says:

@7 … Yeah….”Sudden Jihad syndrome” is DEFINITELY a ‘thing’ … it’s discussed over at JihadWatchOrg, too!

• The Third Man says:

There are 2,000,000,000 moslems worldwide and they are highly fertile, undeterred by FGM.

• dawg says:

The clincher is the fact that someone sent him an article describing a plain that crashed because of a faulty ADM system. Then he goes and sabotages an ADM system?

Uhh, it doesnt take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.

10. dissonant1 says:

“That’s very disconcerting” the judge said. So I guess the grounds for denying bail is upsetting the “Religion of Peace” narrative that exists in the judge’s head? I’m so sorry Judge McAliley’s world view has been so shaken /s – NOT. These people who are supposedly in charge of our public safety need to WAKE UP! It is downright scary that they can be so blinded/brainwashed.

11. Patience says:

“My evil side” ???

12. Don McAro says:

They know what they know…but they just don’t know

13. Brant says:

Hey, FBI/CIA are making progress. At least he’s a mechanic and not someone wanting to learn how to fly a plane, not learn to take off or land a plane.

Give em another 20 years (if we exist) and they will have them pushed out to baggage check in. Surely they won’t have friends who would like to check in a special bag.

14. Tiffthis says:

I’m happy that the judge in Miami dade county wasn’t playing around. This guy can’t be trusted but will get a fair trial- lucky bum 💯

15. Ha! With people like Alani I’m glad I no longer have a “need” to fly, only a “want” to now. I have no desire to be on a plane with Pilot M0hammed, co pilot – same name and plane mechanic – same or similar name.

No thank you. If I can’t drive my vehicle myself, I’m happy to stay home..

16. Austin Holdout says:

More of the cost of our political correctness-There has to be overwhelming evidence that protected classes are guilty before our Federal agencies will act, lest they be called bigots or sued or suffer political consequences. This person could have sabotaged several planes in one day and killed a thousand people.

If Comey and Co were vetting people who have access to airplanes, infrastructure, FBI networks, etc. instead of having affairs with their co-workers and spying on Hillary Clinton’s political enemies, our country would be a lot safer place.

Honestly, does anything the Dems cate about make our country better or safer? Rhetorical question.

• Tim says:

Strok and Lisa Page are the source of the story that they were having an affair. They made it up to try to explain the thousands of text / sms messages between them. They knew that the number ( how many ) of the text / sms would be made public. they did not anticipate the contents of many would be made public. My guess was they thought it better to be accused of an affair, than a seditious coup attempt to overthrow the President of USA. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong. There is even a text where Lisa Page says to strok , you have been working a lot lately you should go home and spend some time with your wife.

17. Magabear says:

Islam is like a virus that lies dormant in its host, but if it breaks out, all bets are off.

Frankly, it scares the heck out of me that people like this guy are anywhere near airplanes or power facilities or any other high risk activity.

18. WSB says:

“Alani told agents after his arrest earlier this month that, “Out of my evil side, I wanted to do something,” Medetis said, adding that the statement was recorded by the FBI.”

Hmmm…I thought the FBI only wrote their notes in pencil…someone at the FBI knows what a recording device is?

Shocked.

19. Justin Green says:

I agree with this terrorist. Islam is evil.

20. Mike says:

“Don’t let anyone tell you that Muslims are right wing. Islam is just communism with a god.”

John Mcguirk

21. statements Alani made about wishing Allah would use “divine powers” to harm non-Muslims.

“You may be very sympathetic to terrorists,” Judge McAliley told Alani

You MAY, MAY?

How about MAY DAY, MAY DAY.

Give me a break!

22. alliwantissometruth says:

Since leftists and their intimidated friends in the corporate world are so politically correct, so open minded and so in love with diversity, we should allow them to prove their sincerity and show us how racist the rest of us are

How about a new rule?

All leftists and their handmaidens must fly on planes worked on by mechanics with names like Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani

And all of us racists must fly on planes worked on by mechanics with names like John Smith

Something tells me the lines at the leftist terminals will be very short

23. hoghead says:

The religion of “peace”; that is, the peace of the graveyard when all the infidels are dead. Their religion is promoted by missionaries from Hell…sign on, or we kill you.

There are supposed to be one billion moslems alive at the moment. I don’t doubt some of the more lax, or lapsed moslems are pretty much “live and let live” types. But even if the foaming jihadi radical element is less than 10% of the total, that is a LOT of foamers!

This is not a time or situation for the idiocy of “pc”. Just look at the mind-boggling lunacy of Scandinavia, Europe and UK to see civilization turned lemmings as the “leaders” of those places assure their native populations that all is right.

24. Kaco says:

I don’t know of any instance in which a Muslim doing an act like this is not Islamic terror related.

This guy apparently came prior to 9/11/01 but it seems they’re all turn out the same.

The “moderate Muslim” is supposedly a very rare breed, according to Iman Taslhidi. And basically he says they’re not really following all of Islam when they are.

This past 9/11 anniversary was a stark reminder why we should have stopped Muslim immigration to this country. They are incompatible and hostile to Western Civilization. Their goal is to spread their religion and make Sharia the law of the land. The ones that are not committing terror acts are installing themselves in positions of power, like Omar, and local governments.

It’s hard to believe that after 9/11/01, it is reported that we have immigrated to this country over 2 million Muslims. GWBush was so quick to tell us “Islam is the religion of peace”. The peace is when Islam is the law of the land the end result. Then there is peace.

People should watch Lauren Southern’s new film on youtube, Borderless. It describes also incompatible nationalities into Western culture.

If Catholic Charities, or Lutheran Charities, etc., or other “faith based charities” doing government work were making a concerted effort to convert these refugees, etc., into Christians, it would be a different matter. But they don’t care about saving souls, it seems. Christians don’t spread their religion by the sword like Muslims, but by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I have to get my parents’ house on the market next year, this is the home I grew up in and it is breaking my heart. But facebook and google installing themselves in the neighboring town is the final straw. But an equally big reason why I will not be moving back to central Ohio is because of the influx of Muslims/Somalians into Columbus. They say Columbus is the second highest population of Somalians next to Minneapolis. Every time we go to Polaris and Easton malls it feels like we are in a foreign country. And the worst part about it is I know it was all orchestrated. It won’t be long until we have a Muslim sitting on the City Council, just like Nashville.

• WSB says:

Kaco, so sorry to hear this. I went to college in Ohio…could never believe that there is such an influx in your area.

Yes, we really must stamp this invasion out.

Back in 1996, we saw three mosques built in Princeton, NJ. That was the year of the fatwah.

• Kaco says:

Thanks, WSB.

I don’t know how we will stamp them out, I think they are here to stay. And they have large families. It is hard enough with the Left stopping POTUS from letting them immigrate here.

I don’t understand the refugee program, do they ever go back?

Did POTUS ever get that one set of refugees to go back to there country? I forget which one, it was because of an earthquake, I think. Not Haiti, but somewhere South America.

My father passed in July and I am the last of my original family at 50. Now I have to say goodbye to our home. It is so peaceful there, 6 acres and woods in the back, it was a great place to grow up in Delaware county. But it is near New Albany, and Wexner has ruined that former crossroads village with his contrived city. And now facebook and google are moving in there, too. The countryside will be gone and I fear this move in of these tech giants will make the state even more blue.

I went to OSU, where did you go? I am in the Cleveland/Akron area now.

I’m not familiar with what happened in 1996. All I remember back then was reading/hearing about another suicide bomber in the middle east. How the heck did we ever ascribe to having that sect of humans come here? You’d think 9/11 would have been the clincher.

• WSB says:

As Lincoln said, we will only be torn from within…with help, from China and everyone else in the world who needs to steal our wealth.

I was at UC in the architecture department…DAA, if I remember. The city was a bit dicey then. Early 80’s. Not,sure how it is now…

• Annie says:

You are right about the Somali population here being the second largest in the country. one of my former tenants is sort of the “elder” of that community..he is a good guy and is a successful businessman…and seems to be someone who is a strong influence on the community. I also had the unfortunate luck to have CAIR..locate a national office right next to my office building..to say they were unfriendly..was an understatement of the century. they were there about 5 years..

• Pf1289 says:

Hi Kaco, WSB, and Annie! I love seeing so many treepers living/have lived around me. It would be neat to meet up at a Trump rally, campaign event, or even for business sometime.

I’m a real estate investor too Annie. I’ll bet you’re talking about that CAIR office on Bethel Rd. The first time I saw that years ago I couldn’t believe it! I told people what that stood for and who they were. No one had any idea.

• Kaco says:

I would LOVE to have a Treeper meet-up. I don’t know how we’d get in touch initially but we can keep an eye out for Trump rallies in our vicinity. I doubt we’d go to one in C-bus, being where we are now unless it’s on a weekend, it depends I suppose. We went to the one at the IX Center in Cleveland near the airport back in ’16. So maybe we can communicate somehow on here when something comes up. If you can think of another way we can get in touch without plastering our contact info out to the world, let me know!

• 7delta says:

The faith-based volags sell refugee resettlement as an opportunity to spread the Gospel, but they always fail to tell the locals that the State Dept. prohibits proselyting. Not only are they in it for bucks, they’re either too stupid to be in charge of anything or they’re liars.

And if they’re stupid enough to try to spread the Gospel to Muslims, they’ll find out what happens when they bump into shariah law, like one poor Christian immigrant from Somali in Maine who took his Bible to tell two new arrivals about Jesus. They beat him to death and used his Bible to bludgeon him in the process. He’s not the only one who’s been killed or hurt.

What if they do succeed in converting a Muslim to Christianity? Who is going to protect that person from family and community who will carry out the death penalty for apostasy? Anybody providing a protection program? No, they aren’t.

These faith-based volag people are dangerously ignorant and blinded by getting paid by the head. The only thing they spread is stupidity.

• Kaco says:

What you’ve described is the gist of what I got from that Imam Tawhidi (had misspelled before somehow) when he was interviewed by Candace Owens. The situation is bleak on converting any Muslims, or reforming their religion.

25. Sporty says:

Two kinds of Muzlims…ones that want you dead and the ones that will watch it happen.

26. dimbulbz says:

At this rate and with these mental people who are our judges, we will have another 9-11 again, and we will forget all the lessons from that one as well.

27. JoeMeek says:

“Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them.” Koran 2:191
    “Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood.” Koran 9:123
    “When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them.” Koran 9:5
    “Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an.” Koran 8:12
    “Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels.” Koran 8:60

28. Article 6, The "Supremacy Clause" says:

The danger from Islam is not so much that it is a religion, but that it rejects allegiance to any nation but Islam. Article 6 (the “Supremacy Clause”) in the U.S. Constitution requires 100% allegiance to the U.S. Constitution as the fundamental requirement for citizenship in this country. Whether Muslims are “friendly” or “nice” does not qualify them to live here or to be citizens. They are at war with free nations. They bide their time and involved at some level of jihad, in either subversion of our laws and Judaeo-Christian culture, or are disruptive troublemakers like those who live in enclaves of Dearborn, Michigan and other cities with no-go zones where female genital mutilation, child marriage (pedophilia), wife-beating, polygamy take place, and Sharia courts run counter to U.S. law. Muslims do not belong in free nations and should be deported, not because of their pagan religion, but because they have no national allegiance to the Flag of this country which is the U.S. Constitution.

• neal s says:

Since sharia is incompatible with the US constitution, maybe we should declare war on sharia. It sure seems that sharia has already declared war on the US constitution. Those who support sharia would be guilty of treason.

• Article 6, The "Supremacy Clause" says:

Spread the word. Make allegiance to the U. S. Constitution the issue. Muslims have been promoting the lie that it is just a religion. We need to change the narrative and expose it as a foreign government with no allegiance to our laws, nor our Judaeo-Christian freedom culture. They are our enemies, not our friends. They are NOT eligible to live here, do business here, and certainly do not deserve the privilege of American citizenship. Deportation is not only justifiable, but highly beneficial to our domestic tranquility and national security. The round-up and mass deportation of all Muslims, including those who are citizens, would protect our nation from the scourge of what is essentially an international Mafia type crime syndicate with a religious front. America needs to quit thinking of Islam as a “Religion” and start recognizing Muslims as members of a foreign government whose objective is to replace the U.S. Constitution with Sharia law.

29. JoeMeek says:

Islam does not teach the same sort of compassion for the other that virtually every other religion including today’s “secular humanism” teaches. Muslims murder and torture each other without compunction and their own ummah, “brotherhood” has no condemnation to offer. That’s because they don’t value individual human life the way Christian westerners do. It’s not a concept in Islam, which means it’s not a concept in Muslims “hearts and minds”. Their hearts and minds instead understand what Allah teaches them in the Koran, namely, the Collective Will to Power.

It is necessary in the end to treat Muslims in the way they themselves understand moral principles. Which ultimately means that they must be beaten back and vanquished and humiliated by a greater strength. That is clearly what they understand. Every move to win their hearts and minds only strengthens them, emboldens them to advance their own peculiar ethics of the world, which couldn’t give a damn about “hearts and minds”, as we understand the term. They will accept the shehada from anyone they can swindle and connive to recite it while at the same time are willing to kill anyone who leaves Islam. Whatever it takes to build the army of Islamic soldiers is what their ethics is about.

There is no way of avoiding the reality that the adults in this world are going to have to act like adults and step up and slap, and in a big way, Muslims who have made of their own societies the equivalent of “Lord of the Flies” and who now threaten to overrun every more advanced society with their mayhem. We’re going to have to come to terms with this reality. Either that or it’s simply going to be cruel for all of us, with no kindness in sight, and no one left to come and rescue us off an Island from Hell that in our passivity and cowardice we allowed to be taken over by moral pygmies.

30. Darrell Michael Richardson says:

I will be keeping ALL of my weapons and ALL of my ammo. ALL OF IT!! Not negotiable either. I will be needing them thanks to obuttma and the Dems bringing the enemy here.

31. jx says:

A rare small sliver of sanity instead of the usual cowering before the pc thought police and the moslems they enable.

32. Southern Trumpette says:

You mean Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani wasn’t simply a disgruntled union member ? Knock me over with a feather.

33. Pat Childs says:

In penitence, for arresting this pious fellow, the DHS will decide we need to hire another hundred Muslims. That is the way they think. Mind you…only 12% are determined to actually kill you all…the rest just cheer them on.

34. underwhelmingposter says:

Actually Sporty, you are referring to the same individual.

35. iswhatitis says:

When I see some quid pro quo from Islam – such as openly inviting tens-of-thousands of Christians to immigrate to their M.E. countries – support them by building churches for them – installing prayer areas in their airports – tolerate gays – etc. – *THEN* I’ll be willing to hear their case for immigration.

Until then, it’s pure give-give-give one-sided appeasement and I want NOTHING to do with that.

36. Lulu says:

It’s what they do. Ask yourself why we purposely brought millions here since 9/11. It makes no sense unless you want more attacks.

Then we hired thousands of them to work at airports – and no honest person can believe that makes sense well unless you want more attacks.

37. TwoLaine says:

Only because they haven’t found his TRUMP van yet.

38. Bigly says:

Longtime!?!? We just cannot trust any!!!

This makes me so sick!! My baby flies on airplanes – to suggest we should not have ANY middle eastern decent anywhere around planes after 9/11, I am sorry, loss of privilege!!!!

39. wightmanfarm says:

I ended up in the Philadelphia airport on Monday (cancelled flight, delayed flight caused rebooking of my original American Airline route). There were women in FULL BURQAs (as in, only eyes showing) pushing wheelchairs. Honestly, I thought I was in a foreign country when I got off the plane.

• Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

I witnessed the same thing in Charlotte last year. She/He casually loitering around the wing of the concourse where I waited for my connection.
      People “pretending” to not notice. Had she/he boarded my connection, you best believe I would’ve been the first one up to the counter changing my flight.

40. Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

Dang 60 years old? A bit late to the dance Abdul.

Perhaps you don’t read or understand English, but we have a new President, and unlike the last two, he believes in unleashing the hounds of hell on your brethren “freedom fighters”.

41. James Street says:

Expect more of this. A year or two ago there was a labor dispute at SeaTac airport (by Seattle) by low level aircraft maintenance workers. They had a picture of them in the paper and they were almost all Muslim immigrants, men with names like “Muhammad” and women in burqas. I made the comment that it was curious that so many Muslim immigrants would work around the airport and was immediately branded a racist.

42. 6x47 says:

I know we aren’t supposed to be prejudiced or discriminate against people on the basis of race, color, or creed … but perhaps hiring a guy named Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani as an airplane mechanic isn’t such a good idea.

43. Alleycats says:

Did you know that American Airlines is also the preferred airline that the military contracts with to move personnel around? Mostly those coming from or going to, deployments and foreign bases.

44. juniornaturel says:

guys like this used to called SLEEPERS

45. jfhdsiu says:

Speaking very seriously! SOMETIMES, in order to protect one’s self, loved ones and neighbors from dying at the hands of one’s enemy, one’s enemy must die at one’s OWN hands! ESPECIALLY when they TELL you they ARE your enemy and intend to kill “you”, (yes ‘you’ PERSONALLY)! It MUST BE SO sooner or later……… The MADMEN won’t allow it to be otherwise!

46. redthunder238 says:

Marie Harf is a cutie.

47. Zephyrbreeze says:

From Day 1 the story made no sense. That an older person would commit this type of major sabotage for a personal grudge.

It stunk of terrorism from Day 1.

48. beth60497 says:

Interestingly enough, this article came across my mail today. (I work for an aviation company, but not a pilot.)
    Quote:
    “The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently issued a security alert (ICS-ALERT-19-211-01 CAN Bus Network Implementation in Avionics) warning of cyber vulnerability in general aviation aircraft that could allow nefarious entities to alter an aircraft’s altitude, airspeed and angle of attack by manipulating the aircraft’s Controller Area Network (CAN) bus system.”

49. Wayne Robinson says:

Islam is not compatible with any other “ faith “ on earth . It is a demon that is worshipped always has been always will be . There is no hope withen Islam or any wisdom . Anyone that believes it is rooted in the true and living God has no understanding of God or Islam . There will be no muslims in heaven or attorneys . Think about it ! Attorneys may repent and go to heaven but a muslim must stop believing in Islam and renounce it as false bending his or her knee unto Jesus “ king of the Jews “

50. Sinbad Sailor says: