September 12th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #966

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

824 Responses to September 12th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #966

1. dawg says:

Somebody remind me, what exactly was the timeline of the story about the indictment decision getting kicked up to Rosen, McCabe’s lawsuit against the DOJ, CNN hiring McCabe? Just trying to look at all that again with the benefit of hindsight. (assuming this news about Liu, Rosen etc is true)

2. k4jjj says:

Will Andrew McCabe get a 30-day sentence like Felicity Huffman or will he get hard federal time in solitary confinement like Paul Manafort?

3. sunnyflower5 says:

LOL- E-cig reps threaten, on FOX News, it will cost the President the election. ( they are using this talking point)
    Adults can have E-Cigs not children (& they don’t vote). The youth market is the issue.
    Obama Administration recklessly rushed it to market.

• dogsmaw says:

• gda53 says:

Hmmm. That looks like prima facie evidence of the efficacy of e-cigarettes in curbing cigarette smoking, if I’m not mistaken.

Mind you, correlation is not causation, but you would be foolish not to see a connection there.

Speaking as someone who smoked from age 10, because it was cool, and struggled mightily to give them up completely even 50 years later, vaping has been the thing to “do the trick” for me. So I guess I’m in the column of correlation=causation in this case.

Don’t drive this vaping onto the black market Melania, because everyone will learn to regret that down the road.

• Debra says:

Do you vape nicotine products? Do you NEED to vape a nicotine product that has a flavor added to mask the taste of the nicotine in order for you to feel as if you are ‘replacing’ smoking?

Vapes were approved as a cease-smoking aid. Why, if kids were never smoking in the first place, would they need a cease-smoking aid? THAT is what the chart demonstrates: That kids are NOT using these things to help them cease smoking, but as a SUBSTITUTE for not smoking in the first place. And THAT, my friend, is NOT the reason the product was approved for market.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Close to twice as many youths are vaping now compared to the number smoking when the chart starts and five percent still smoke cigarettes.

At the end of the chart you have more than double the amount of youths ingesting nicotine, and the curve is very steep and accelerating quickly.

Does not look like success. I’m curious as to what caused dip and rapid rise in the 2016-2017 time frame? Looks like a Fibonacci retracement.

• gda53 says:

I’m afraid you may be misled by the inclusion of “electronic cigarettes” as a “tobacco product” in the study.

It CAN be a “tobacco product” I suppose, IF and only IF you vape nicotine-flavoured e-liquid. But nowhere do they define “electronic cigarette” as a “nicotine electronic cigarette” in the study, and most of the kids may well be vaping on their “electronic cigarettes” WITHOUT the nicotine.

Tricky that. Not at all designed to fool us, right?

But even without that little “error”, vaping nicotine e-liquid is vastly less dangerous than smoking tobacco cigarettes. Vastly less.

And nicotine may get you hooked, but it ain’t gonna kill you. Like cigarettes most certainly do.

So to me, its success. It’s not perfect, but neither is real life.

Just one man’s opinion though.

• dogsmaw says:

When my grandson (age-22) comes to me and says he got COPD from vaping in an attempt to quit smoking…something is definitely wrong here. Anyone that thinks putting oil into their lungs is a good thing might just be in for a surprise later on in life.

*Note – addictive behaviour is very hard to overcome. I don’t know the answer to all this.

• Kaco says:

I think the point his EO will be taking away all the flavors that adults enjoy and no one enjoys tobacco flavored vaping juice.

• I agree with him. There are MANY conservative people who vape. Many of them, like myself, have been so happy to have something they could turn to after smoking for decades and not being able to kick the habit. This will result in black market vaping, which is actually what caused all the deaths except with THC, and more people returning to or continuing to smoke cigarettes, resulting in far more health effects and deaths.

This is a HUGE overreach by government and it is the first time I, and many others I have spoken to, are completely blindsided by Trump. Many of us cannot believe that Trump will allow so many businesses to go under, jobs to be lossed, lives to be effected and lost all because of a agenda-driven hysteria specifically ignoring the fact that recent deaths and illnesses have been caused by black market THC carts.

This will be a huge problem for Trump, as quite honestly, to me, it has made me see him in a different light than I did yesterday. I have always been 100% fully supportive of everything he has said and done, even if sometimes I may have not agreed with certain things, I focuses on the big picture. But the big picture of this is government cowtowing in the most liberal leftist way possible to media hysteria, agenda driven narratives, and false information to benefit nefarious actors, such as Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, Big Government.

So there are 2 separate vape related issues on the table today and they are being conflated:

Recent spate of lung injury illness and death-completely attributed to THC black market carts

Possible, but yet to be determined long term effects of standard vaping – let’s study it, work with the industry, yet keep it available and legal for adults

There is the concern that kids are vaping in large numbers. Taking things away from adults because kids are using them is the wrong answer and always has been. It will simply cause more kids and adults to seek out their favorite vaping flavors, both nicotine and THC from the street, ultimately causing far more illness and death. I guarantee it.

If you disagree with me and think it is perfectly OK for the government to ban vaping because it might harm children, please make sure you are OK with banning the following items first:

Guns
      Red Meat
      Straws
      Border Patrol
      ICE
      Sugar
      Salt
      Cars
      Flavored liquor of any kind-only base well liquors legal
      French Fries
      Ice Cream
      Candy
      Tide Pods
      Cell phones
      Peanuts and other potential allergens
      Vaccinations
      Gender-specific restroom and locker room privacy
      Allowing transgender children to compete in sports, especially male to female trans
      Smoking of any kind
      Cannabis of any kind (a 17 year old kid in our town is facing life in prison for killing a 16 year old girl while driving under the influence of cannabis)

• ilcon says:

Here he is on CNN this morning. Starts 14:15

• Tagalong says:

I’m not understanding why President Trump is even considering a EO it’s really not up to him. This is a issue for our do nothing but wail about impeachment congress. I can’t even begin to list what the American people are asking to happen so just tell congress to put this on your do nothing but complain list.

Not a presidential issue to me, put the blame where it rightly belongs on the house as I’m certain there will be revenue or spending related to congress actions. The issue rightly belongs to the House of Representatives and we’ve seen how much the speaker of the house thinks of the people. I didn’t vote for a dictator and I certainly don’t want President Trump to think this issue is on him.

• WRB says:

It is not an Executive Order (EO). It is a rule by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), specifically, the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products (CTP). The CTP regulates the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of tobacco products.

• LafnH20 says:

All the manufacturers of vape juice “Flavors” have to do is send in an application for approval. (verifying their products meet guidelines)

What is the problem….

• Debra says:

They could be found in non-compliance of guidelines. Comply or go out of business, just like any other regulated commodity. Regulations make sense in regard to products which are ingested — I mean, do you consistently and purposefully patronize eating establishments who are in violation of health codes?

Are you vaping nicotine? It is the ‘taste’ of nicotine that these flavors are attempting to mask, like chocolate flavored ex-lax, correct?

So, you are not vaping a cigarette smelling substance, you are vaping something that is pleasant for you to taste.

Might I suggest it is the actual act of inhaling a substance — such that oxygen is displaced in that breath — that gives your dopamine sensors a rush and NOT the actual substance itself that you are jonesing over ‘losing’ . . .?

I am seriously trying to understand this angst that would cause you to withhold your vote for PDJT.

• KnowSERENoFear says:

BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS ZERO ENUMERATED AUTHORITY TO REGULATE VAPING!

If a State, county, or township wants to do it…then fine. But NOT the federal government. Obviously this is not a big deal for you. OK. But what about when they come to take something you enjoy? Your car, your gun, your house, your kids?

• Debra says:

LMAO. Hon, I have been a marijuana user for over 30 years. What did I do when they came after something I enjoy? Well, I will tell you what I did not do: I did not tell people who were disapproving of my actions that they were horrible people who shouldn’t ever have a say-so. I also have not ever defended anyone selling ‘weed’ that was not what it was (cannabis).

Oh, and guess what? The federal government STILL does not accept that as a state’s right, otherwise marijuana would be ‘decriminalized’ not ‘made legal’ . . .

• KnowSERENoFear says:

I don’t vape, but as a retired veteran, I would like to think that I fought and sacrificed for the Natural Right and choice of others to vape. It’s none of my business if folks vape and it should be of no business to a corrupt central government…and the Executive branch can not make law.

This is not about vaping. This is about an out-of-control central government deciding what they think is best for me instead of protecting my right to decide for myself.

Apologies if I offended…I certainly never meant to imply you were a “horrible person.”

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

Vaping companies should be able to put whatever they want into their products? ARE YOU INSANE?
                Just put in whatever they want? Cause you know.. people will figure it out if its harmful?
                Then you equate it to guns and kids? That is outlandish and frankly stupid.

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

You fought for the right of evil people to put whatever they want into vaping solutions?
                You fought for the right of evil people to poison Americans youth?

Are you also OK with companies putting excrement’s into the food of your children?
                The gov. shouldn’t prevent that?

• Why isn’t this front page news on every paper in the country? Asinine. These two guys are likely responsible for all the illnesses and deaths.

Compliance will equal no flavoring. It will absolutely put small businesses out of business. Period. It is going to pull all the flavored vape juices off the shelves. Peoples business will close, their life savings gone. They will likely lose their homes, be forced to file bankruptcy, etc… Meanwhile millions of people will no longer have access to something they feel has been life altering, if not life saving.

Black market vape carts will go into overdrive as the demand increases. People will either return to smoking or seek a way to get want they want.

Regulation? Fine. But don’t pull everything off the shelves willy nilly. Literally putting millions of addicts in dire straits without access to their products. I know. You don’t vape. I get it. Not a big deal. But those of us who vape do so because it is the only thing that has saved us from smoking. To me, it is life and death.

• Debra says:

Would you be in favor of having vaping regulated as a medical ‘procedure’ which would need to be prescribed and regulated as medical marijuana is? You are claiming this is a health aid to you — surely having it produced and distributed by medical professionals would not be objectionable to you, correct?

And since it would be used as it was originally approved to be used — as a cease-smoking aid — then, again, surely it would not be prescribed to adolescents who never started smoking in the first place. They, too, would have to go through the rigors of cigarette smoking and wanting to quit, prior to being prescribed the use of a vapor device.

Thus, both our issues are addressed: you are not deprived of your medical need, and I am not discouraged about kids trying to look grown-up by inhaling huge amounts of God Knows what into their still-developing lungs.

• LafnH20 says:

They meet guidelines or they don’t, Trump Babe.
            Those that DO meet guidelines pick up market share from those that do NOT.

It’s flavoring… not chemo.

I own a couple of Aegis Legend (200W) rigs.
            I do not own them for the sake of “Flavoring”!
            That’s just the Truth as I see it.

If it were all about “Flavors”… I’d buy a pack of Jolly Ranchers.

If a company can NOT guarantee me their product will not harm me… (Other than takin their word for it 🤔), perhaps, the prudend thing for me to do is patronize one who can and WILL!!

Any company offering unregulated (At present) “flavors” can see there may be some regulation put in place to meet (NONE at present) “Consumer Safety” guidelines…
            I would hope…
            ..has their “Staff” mobilizing to place themselves in a position to respond quickly and efficiently IF the need arises.

Why wouldn’t they? What could go wrong?

Companies WILL step up. They always do.

Jmo

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

You’re completely unreasonable TrumpBabe.
            You can still vape. Just not random untested sh*t that kids vape from the web where NO ONE KNOWS HOW THE HELL THEY WERE PRODUCED.

It’s really not that complicated as you depict it.

• It isn’t as simple as you have depicted. I vaped flavored juice I get from reputable sources, made in the USA and I know exactly what is in them. I will no longer be able to obtain any other vape juice other than tobacco flavored juice which is gross. Why? Because bootleggers are selling THC carts filled with Vitamin E oils and butane on the street and that’s what is getting people sick and killing them. NOT what we are getting at the vape shops.

• kaste668 says:

Two full days of this constant complaining is enough. Write the White House.

Maybe SD will set up a special topic where everyone vaping can go to complain. It seems this is the only topic some of you want to discuss.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

I just want to get my tooth cents in. Can you open up a toothpaste topic too?

I’m still jonesing over the loss of my radioactive toothpaste!

Its radioactive radiation increases the defenses of teeth and gums. The cells are loaded with new life energy, the bacteria are hindered in their destroying effect. This explains the excellent prophylaxis and healing process with gingival diseases. It gently polishes the dental enamel so it turns white and shiny. Prevents dental calculus. Wonderful lather and a new, pleasant, mild and refreshing taste. Can be applied sparingly.

Regulations are a good thing, applied sparingly.

Love ya, Ad rem!

• boogywstew says:

Why can’t you ‘flavor” your own vaping fluid? Why not join or start a support group where vapers can share info? I’d bet there’s already such a site.

• Rhi says:

I’m 100% with you Trump Babe! Excellently stated.

• Kaco says:

My kids have reported over the last couple years, middle and high at the time, that some of their classmates are vaping. I have told them don’t even start, it’s a monkey on your back.

But this banning of flavors to somehow deter kids reminds me of the Happy Meal Ban and things of that nature.

One of our neighbors, who I’ve never met, obviously has a vaping business, has two cars with their business decals all over their car with number and website. I have no idea how they vote but I imagine they feel their business is in jeopardy.

This whole argument has been of interest to us, including the recent deaths from vaping, because we have been wanting to switch to vaping. We’re getting older, I’ve been getting congestion, and I started up again 7-8 years ago after my mom, then brother, and now my father passed and everything that goes along with that. Too much stress and things going on to actually try to quit. And I will say, politics and the Commies and the injustice aren’t helping in that stress. I will not take any medication, I have bad reactions to medicine and will shy away.

I just want something that is safe and not make me worse. Some of you have piped up here about vaping and I was interested in what you all use.

But I don’t know about switching and just using tobacco flavored.
        Some years ago I was poking around on the e-cigarette boards and saw how all those people were doing so well on vaping they don’t even want a regular cigarette again and those who tried, it made them disgusted. They also feel and are doing a lot better health wise. They also used different fruit flavors, tobacco was always just a beginning flavor.

I can’t help but wonder if tobacco might be behind a lot of this.

Well, i guess we’re not quitting anytime soon.

I mentioned this yesterday and read somewhere it was the diacetyl in some flavors that caused the lung problems, like those who worked and inhaled the artificial butter flavors in a microwave popcorn processing plant. And that vegetable glycerin was one of the safe bases.

• They no longer use diactyl and even then there is no linkage. Long story but the popcorn lung thing was debunked years ago. It’s a joke it’s still going around.

That said, I have been vaping 7 years after a 30 year horrible smoking habit. I usually go to my local shop and they help me with devices and liquids, etc… It is a bit of a trial and error and you need to commit to the process. I decided I would switch and any time I craved a real cigarette instead, I’d vape myself silly until I was queezy and the feeling would pass. By switching to flavors, I ended up not ever craving a real cigarette again. I would say it took about 6 months of a process, but having my vape always handy has kept me away from cigarettes.

No more allergies. No more chronic bronchitis. No more hospital visits. No more severe depression from trying to quit. I am so happy and healthy moreso than I could have ever imagined. This whole thing is freaking me out. And I am not the least bit afraid of what my products could do to me in the long run.

Recent illnesses and deaths are due to black market THC carts sold on the black market and filled with unknown substances on the street. It is literally killing people. If they ban the flavors, the black market will bourgeon and there will be more deaths and more illness. It won’t make the problem go away. And the kids know how to get it. I’d literally have better luck getting one of my teeanagers to score me some vape juice on the street if I wanted some.

• sunnyflower5 says:

Black-market THC-vape operation busted in Wisconsin, police say
      With ten employees, the operation allegedly filled up to 5,000 vape cartridges a day.

• Debra says:

Duh! Let’s get a handle on WHAT the issue is by suspending sales of products which have unknown properties. You just proclaiming these two as the likely culprits of the whole problem doesn’t exactly conform to FDA procedures on product safety.

• Don’t be silly. I know what is going on and even my kids and their friends knew what was going on before I did. This has been going on for a while in Northern Illinois and the surrounding area. Kids are getting THC vape carts on the streets and have been for a while. This operation was HUGE. The sudden problems have come from this, it is as obvious as the day is long. 10 years and this never happened. Now, this practice has started, and THC is legally available, and entrepreneurs who want high profit and meeting the demand. They are filling these things with Vitamin E oil and butane and a very high concentration of THC (like 1000% times the recommended dosage.) This is what is frying people’s lungs. If it was the OTC stuff that’s been around for 10 years, people would have been dropping dead ages ago. Think.

• Debra says:

Hon. People drop dead every single minute of the day.

This is a precautionary move to attempt to standardize a product, which you, yourself, are arguing for, also.

Let me ask you this: you have revealed that your 16 year old son is a vaper. Did he ever smoke cigarettes? You also have never answered my question as to whether this flavored juice you are vaping is nicotine infused?

I am still trying to figure out if it is the actual act of inhaling ‘some’ substance that you are so passionate about, or if you are addicted to nicotine . . .

• Bill says:

I know here in the DC area there are millions of black market THC vape products made. It’s a national issue. Wal-Mart sells processing equipment for making trimming, flower and any other parts of the plant into oil. It’s not just these two guys. And it IS in fact these types of illegal operations that are causing the illnesses, not the tobacco vape juices.

• sunnyflower5 says:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Nassau County officials are expected Friday to reveal details about a bust involving illegal black market vaping products.

The operation netted three arrests and resulted in the seizure of $1.5 million worth of counterfeit Logic e-cigarettes.

Investigators also found and seized $140,000 from five stores and two homes.

• WVNed says:

Lets ban syringes. They kill people.
      To bad about the diabetics.
      Lets ban bags. People put glue and gas in them and huff it.
      Trump has done something stupid. He needs to fix it.

Banning commercially made stuff isn’t going to affect what people buy on the streets
      No power on earth will stop stupid people from killing themselves.

• LafnH20 says:

🎩 sunnyflower5 on September 12, 2019 at 3:24 pm

(Emphasis mine)

Investigators (also found and seized $140,000 from five stores) and two homes.

(5 STORES) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤔

• SAM-TruthFreedomLiberty says:

Syringes are not labelled or known to be enjoyable. THAT is stupid!

What people like you don’t understand is that these vaping products are sold as a good thing with no harm. But many aren’t. That’s why you have to regulate them.

People don’t misuse these products they get swindled to that they are not harmful. Some are not and some are..

• freespeechfanatic says:

President Trump has a big heart. But this vaping business is not a good, presidential-grade use of time and energy. How about we focus on Big Tech bias, censorship and thought-crimes instead.

4. lawton says:

Its happening and yes a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich if the feds want them to no matter how weak a case is for a conviction which McCabe’s is strong regardless. The ones where a grand jury doesn’t indict is where the feds want the case to go away without them dropping it themselves.

5. ilcon says:

6. sunnyflower5 says:

7. dogsmaw says:

Retweet is in order for this one 😛 Go Texas!!!

8. JRD says:

Way to go, Mr. President !

Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York has been named as the best hotel
    ” In The WORLD” by readers of Luxury Lifestyle Magazine.
    Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C is listed as ninth.

That ought to burn some serious globalist butt.

9. ilcon says:

10. ilcon says:

11. dogsmaw says:

12. dogsmaw says:

13. islandpalmtrees says:

DID HILLARY CLINTON, FINALLY FINDS HER EMAILS – DON’T TELL THE FBI!

Hillary Clinton Mocks US From Abroad – Poses For Picture at Art Exhibit Displaying ‘The Hillary Clinton Emails’ in Venice
    by Cristina Laila September 11, 2019

Hillary Clinton visited an art exhibit in Venice, Italy this week which displayed 60,000 pages of her ’emails’ she sent over her private server.

14. ilcon says:

• Kaco says:

Manhattan DA is still going at it, and outside federal jurisdiction. Running roughshod all over the Trumps. This better be nipped in the bud quick.

I am highly convinced that none of this crap, including Nadler’s impeachment inquiry would’t be happening if we would have had the proper perp walks in a timely manner. Still waiting…

15. ilcon says:

16. sunnydaze says:

This is the quickest, surest way in the world to beautify a neighborhood (once the trash has been cleared).

Plant a flower garden in front of ONE house. It’s uplifting and beautiful and catches on VERY quickly. Pretty soon half the neighbors want one too and ….voila!

I’ve done this in a few places I lived and it was amazing to watch the block go from 1 garden to 12 in record time!

17. sunnyflower5 says:

Sure it’s for charity.
    Seems like Cruz is giving Yang unnecessary attention—err Charity.
    Once a Cruz- Always a Cruz.
    We remember the RNC.

18. ilcon says:

• Kaco says:

I can’t believe Antifa is in Poland. Soros tentacles reach all the way over there in an otherwise patriotic and nationalistic country. Wonder how their media and education system is as bad as ours or starting to be with planted Commies. I was starting to think of Poland as the last escape.

19. dogsmaw says:

• jrapdx says:

Now that’s good news! Therefore it won’t be aired on CNN, MSNBC, et. al. Taking out the smugglers will significantly reduce the illegal entry problem, clearly the way to go. Smugglers should get criminal charges filed against them—that would likely mitigate against such illegal activity and save many lives in the process.

• dougofthenorth says:

If it were up to me, illegals caught on our land ought to receive swift justice. I like the idea used elsewhere in the world as punishment for criminal behavior, say….5 lashes with a cane for the first offense. And if they are caught a second time, with those tell tale scares already present, maybe triple the punishment. I predict an immediate and complete end to any of this nonsense.

20. youme says:

21. dogsmaw says:

22. ilcon says:

100% BS

A strong confident leader is naturally an extrovert. You only become stronger and more effective by, wait for it……. listening.

• DJ says:

“A strong confident leader is naturally an extrovert.”
      ———————————————————————–
      I’ll call your BS and raise you some introverts…

• ilcon says:

How does one lead while sitting in your corner sucking your thumb and crying mommy?

• DJ says:

If that is what your understanding of introversion is, then you are a poor student of history.

Although not mentioned in the article above, John F. Kennedy was also an introvert – you know, PT109 and all of that. But I wasn’t there, so perhaps he was sucking his thumb and crying mommy through it all. And probably that’s all Abe Lincoln did all during the Civil War as well. And probably good ‘ol Tom Jefferson was sucking one thumb or the other while helping to write the Declaration of Independence.

• ilcon says:

Vid describes the extrovert as a cheerleader which is actually an introvert ( come on team, you can do it).
            An extrovert doesn’t cheerlead they motivate.

The Kennedys are a Hollywood myth.

• DJ says:

Well okay, then… I stand corrected. According to you there has never been anyone ever who was an introvert and also a successful leader. Because only extroverts have the ability to motivate others. Got it.

• ilcon says:

Now you are being exactly what the woke guy in the vid is. I never said never, don’t put words in my mouth. I’m a real world common sense person, the exact opposite of a woke bookworm relying on *theory*.

Camelot is a story, nothing more.

• DJ says:

“….don’t put words in my mouth…”
                  ———————————————
                  …Said the person who thinks I brought up “Camelot” – which I did not. Unless you are also suggesting that Lincoln and Jefferson are also part of “Camelot”…

• boogywstew says:

What proof do you have of John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson being introverted??? Do you have their shrinks’ notes? Having quiet time and being introspective does not an introvert make.

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

Your ignorance is stunning. Consider educating yourself on the topic.

• iswhatitis says:

Business Insider: “Why introverts will make better leaders in the future

It isn’t really about introvert vs. extrovert (so quit fighting, you two!).

It’s about: What President Trump is not

He’s not an introvert – so introverts are better (we should have voted for Jeb).

He’s not a professional politician – so professional politicians are better.

He’s not a globalist – so globalists are better.

Get the drift?

• boogywstew says:

Many times in my life, folks who insisted they were introverted/extroverted were thought to be the opposite by the people who knew them best … family and friends. This whole argument is going nowhere. We could probably find 2 board certified leaders in the psychiatry field who’d swear up and down on Jung’s diary, totally opposite opinions.

• iswhatitis says:

boogywstew says: “We could probably find 2 board certified leaders in the psychiatry field who’d swear up and down on Jung’s diary, totally opposite opinions.

Indeed.

Anyone that’s been around knows that “experts” can have widely divergent opinions on the same matters.

For instance; that time I was a juror on a medical malpractice trial – each side had experts testify completely opposite opinions on the same evidence. The plaintiff’s expert saying the evidence proves the doctor was negligent; the defense expert testifying the same evidence proves the doctor was prudent and did all he could.

23. dogsmaw says:

24. ilcon says:

My translation, Ds are confused.

• ilcon says:

I forgot to add. Ds are racist for trying to oust Trump after one term.

• The only “friendly advice” that I would kindly offer to Democrats – since, by the way, I actually have voted Democratic, Republican, and Independent at various times – is simply this:

“The Game Has Changed.™ Forever.

If, “institutionally speaking,” you either do not know this or cannot accept it, then you’re probably going to wind up like the Whigs and the Know-Nothings before you.

In 2016, an independently über-wealthy candidate ran for office simply because he felt that he could make “a difference that badly needed to be made.” He would not take a dime of salary. He would forfeit billions of dollars’ worth of “opportunity cost.’ Little did he know what else he would face. But: “he changed the game.”

The American people now realize that, if you’re going to be a credible candidate for the “Chief Executive Officer(!)” position, you have to be more than just a pretty face. Given that, every day, you’re going to “negotiate with the highest possible stakes” – that is to say, “on behalf of an entire Nation” – you have to know what the hell you are doing!

Maybe the American people didn’t realize this … maybe the world didn’t realize this … until someone actually wandered into the camera who did(!) “know how.”

But – from this day forward – “the game has Changed.”

• Kaco says:

I don’t know if our fellow Republicans and Conservatives know the urgency in voting and what’s at stake here. I heard again it was said that a lot of GOP sat out again in North Carolina. Thank God they won, though, but that can’t keep happening.

25. islandpalmtrees says:

WHY CAN’T BARR JUST PICK UP THE PHONE AND GET THE MEMO FROM THE NSA DATABASE?

Devin Nunes: UK memo warning about Steele’s credibility exists
    by Daniel Chaitin, September 11, 2019

Rep. Devin Nunes said his team of investigators knows a memo from the British government disavowing British ex-spy Christopher Steele, the author of the anti-Trump dossier, is real.

A letter from the British Embassy to the incoming national security team after President Trump was elected to the White House is mentioned in a newly unsealed filing in federal court by former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s lawyers. The filing claims this letter was also sent to outgoing national security adviser Susan Rice and “apparently disavows former British Secret Service Agent Christopher Steele, calls his credibility into question and declares him untrustworthy.”

Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said on Wednesday his team of investigators have been looking for that same document.

“We know that document exists,” Nunes said on Fox News. “This document that came from the British government. But yet nobody can seem to find it.”

Steele’s dossier, which contained allegations about Trump’s ties to Russia, was used by the FBI and Justice Department to obtain Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to surveil onetime Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Republicans allege the FBI knew very well it was unverified and should not have used it before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

Nunes said he hopes the Flynn case will shed a light on the elusive letter from the United Kingdom.

“I know there are witnesses out there that know this. And I hope that the judge in this case will actually get those witnesses that know this document exists and let them come in and talk to the court or at least give an affidavit to the court,” he said.

26. dogsmaw says:

27. dogsmaw says:

28. ilcon says:

Winner

29. Nick the Deplorable says:

The UN wants to charge the USA with war crimes.

30. ilcon says:

31. dogsmaw says:

Tit 4 Tat eh Schumer 😛

32. sunnyflower5 says:

WOW, Nads!
    First, you markup a bill to disarm Americans on the day before 9/11 then you change the rules to suit you on Impeachment.

33. Nick the Deplorable says:

34. ilcon says:

It will not affect his election.

• Katie says:

People want the government to leave the heck alone.

So WHY would those who are saying this will cost President Trump the election NOT vote for him or vote for one of the others crazies that are going to take away our cheeseburgers, cars and indoor heating? Those are seriously the only options. President Trump who might not want you to vape or a Socialist?

• KnowSERENoFear says:

Please read the Constitution and find:
        1. The enumerated authority for the federal government to regulate vaping.
        2. The authority for the Executive branch to make law.

• Bill says:

Vaping will be outlawed for those under 21 by the Trump administration. Simple solution.

• KnowSERENoFear says:

The sad is reality is that you’re probably correct.

21? Kinda arbitrary. So an 18 year old can volunteer to sacrifice his life for freedom but can’t enjoy the freedom to vape until s/he is 21! And my State has no say in it…nor my county…nor my township…nor I.

The other sad reality is many folks will vote out the administration that denied their freedom.

• Here is the problem, and for those scoffing at us over getting all upset over this. I have been an avid, outspoken advocate for Trump since the get go. I tweet about him. I tell everyone I know about him. I voted for him. I am 100% all in for Trump. But yesterday, he made me ask myself if I truly know him. I’m guilty of withholding judgment because I support the big picture. But this is part of the big picture. So will I vote for him in 2020? I don’t know. I suppose I probably will. Or I may not vote at all, but I probably will. But I will be less likely to advocate for him, be excited about him, have complete faith and trust in him. Why? Because he is making a decision that affects millions of Americans without relying on the appropriate facts, of which I know very well. All because of the forces pressuring him on this, i.e. Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, Big Government and now, Melania. It’s a tough call for him. I am sure he wants to give his wife what she wants.

But it makes me wonder, if he is making this huge decision based on bad information, what other decisions is he making with bad information?

And for those who are chastising those who are discussing it, how about we chase you out of the forum every time you bring up a subject that is no importance to us?

I am praying he will change his mind on this. But I am afraid that he won’t. And if I am thinking that I of all people may lose faith, what about all the others who aren’t such strong supporters and are on the fence? Maybe he feels he will please more left leaners than tick off right leaners? I don’t know.

• Katie says:

I’ve read your entire response and I understand, but this part you said: So will I vote for him in 2020? I don’t know. I suppose I probably will. Or I may not vote at all So, not voting at all is another vote for the Left. Not voting for Trump and deciding to vote for someone else, you’re willing to let this country go full-blown communist because of vaping? That won’t be the only thing the Government will stop you from doing.

• I got my hair cut today and my hairdresser, a young guy, vapes. He knows how to make his own, knows where to get the ingredients, and he knows how to store it for long times. He says people have been vaping for years with no bad results. He says the kids are buying homemade thc products and vaping and that is the problem.

He believes this was done benefit the tobacco companies who were losing business. He says tobacco shares spiked up today. He comes from tobacco country so he knows his tobacco.

I don’t vape or smoke but I am disappointed in POTUS on this one…still waiting how the gun control thing works out. I will vote for him no matter what, I think. But he needs to know how people feel. I signed the petition someone posted on the original vaping thread.

• Eric says:

Oh Dear God, give me a (blanking) break. You may not vote for the President you supposedly have support all along because he supports regulatory changes that may impact your habit?

Talk about pure selfishness. The greatest generation died on the beaches of Normandy and you’re pissed because you can’t vape?!!

• Bill says:

See my post above. If you are a minor you will not be allowed to purchase vaping products once this administration acts. That’s what our President will address.

• Kaco says:

I can’t speak for myself but I would imagine they are that pissed off and say f it.

I say those things in my head when he has done some things. No, I will still vote for him, but I have gotten angry.

For instance, increasing offer of legalizing DACA to include all Dreamers. I believe that set a new bar by just bringing it up.

The knee jerk reaction of take the guns, ask questions later.

This talk of Red Flag laws.

This is all dangerous ground.

Most people are too busy with their lives to follow even close to what we follow. But they might catch this kind of news here and there.

But yes, any alternative is too scary of letting any Dem near the Oval Office or take control of our Congress. Look at the mess that is the House.

But I can’t speak for anyone else. And I don’t appreciate some of this infringement he is proposing, especially on our second amendment or if there is an amnesty. I’d never believe it would have happened under his administration if it would come to pass. And not even a Democrat president.

• Why would it cost Pres. Trump votes. Democrats want to totally ban vaping. I’m still voting for Making America Great.

• Robert Smith says:

Who cares about the right to bear arms, the rule of law, unending taxation and willy-nilly impeachments if Trump takes away the ability for people to vape!?

35. dogsmaw says:

36. ilcon says:

DJ
    My browser doesn’t show a reply for your latest. John F Kennedy is in your text, is it not?
    I did not put words in your mouth.

Songbird McStain is a story just like Camelot.

37. dogsmaw says:

38. ilcon says:

39. ilcon says:

Cackle cackle

40. Nick the Deplorable says:

41. fanbeav says:

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th – sounds like a perfect day to release the FISA IG report!

42. Troublemaker10 says:

Usually it is those who have been red pilled or new free thinkers that have this revelation. Now committed progressives even see it

43. islandpalmtrees says:

GCHQ BACK AGAIN! – WAS THE DELIVERY, THE HAND-DELIVERY TO INCOMING U.S. NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER MIKE FLYNN’S TEAM OF A MEMO, NO ACCIDENT?

COULD THE MEMO HAVE BEEN ADMISSION BY GCHQ AND FBI HAD TO GET FLYNN OUT OF THE WAY.

THE HILL – Multiple witnesses have told Congress that, a week before Trump’s inauguration in January 2017, Britain’s top national security official sent a private communique to the incoming administration, addressing his country’s participation in the counterintelligence probe into the now-debunked Trump-Russia election collusion.

Most significantly, then-British national security adviser Sir Mark Lyall Grant claimed in the memo, hand-delivered to incoming U.S. national security adviser Mike Flynn’s team, that the British government lacked confidence in the credibility of former MI6 spy Christopher Steele’s Russia collusion evidence, according to congressional investigators who interviewed witnesses familiar with the memo.

Congressional investigators have interviewed two U.S. officials who handled the memo, confirmed with the British government that a communique was sent, and alerted the Department of Justice (DOJ) to the information. One witness confirmed to Congress that he was interviewed by special counsel Robert Mueller about the memo.

Now the race is on to locate the document in U.S. intelligence archives, to see if the witnesses’ recollections are correct. And Trump is headed to Britain this weekend, where he might just get a chance to ask his own questions.

National Security Adviser Sir Mark Lyall Grant

National Security Adviser Sir Mark Lyall Grant — who chaired the recruitment process — said “Fleming emerged from a strong and competitive field as the outstanding candidate to become the next Director, GCHQ.”

Jeremy Fleming has been Deputy Director General of MI5 since 2013. He will succeed Robert Hannigan, who announced unexpectedly in January his decision to step down once a successor was in place. Jeremy Fleming has taken up his post today (April 7 2017).

44. WeThePeople2016 says:

45. ilcon says:

46. ilcon says:

Meanwhile, only 23 percent consider local TV reporters and anchors ethical, followed by 22 percent for national print and online journalists, and a deadly 15 percent for national TV anchors and reporters — 15 percent!!!

47. ilcon says:

Really need a decimal point.

• Robert Smith says:

Besides college’s financial mismanagement there’s also the fact that they have poor returns on investment. Many majors are just a waste of money for students.

48. ilcon says: