Wednesday July 10th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to Wednesday July 10th – Open Thread

1. The Devilbat says:

Tommy Robinson has again been arrested in the UK for nothing more than making a video report outside a courthouse about a gang of muslim child rapists. Tommy and a man by the nabe of Peter McLaughlin have written a book about the true nature of Islam. The book is being banned all over the world. Amazon have of course already banned it. Your old friend the bat has however found a free download site for the book. The book is presently selling for about $25 in the last places where it is being sold. This is a fantastic read. Download here for free it while you still can.

All the very best from the old bat.

2. Garrison Hall says:

“Almost Famous” is a film about Cameron Crowe’s adventure as a 15 year-old star journalist for a 1970’s Rolling Stone. Kate Hudson’s role as “Penny Lane” is nothing short of magical. Here’s an observation from one of the Youtube commentators that could easily speak for a lot of us who were young during that time.

“I look at this movie and see myself, a young man of 16 in 1973, good hearted, innocent and not yet jaded. I used to hang out with guys like the band members in this movie, and like Russell Hammond I was madly in love with a beautiful young woman who I knew, despite my best efforts, would never be mine. Sadly they are all gone now, but as the song says, I thank the Lord for the people I have found. If there is a more perfect coming of age movie, or any movie for that matter, I have yet to see it.”

3. Li'l Jen says:

In classical music news, violinist Aaron Rosand passed away today. Do yourselves a favor and listen to some of his recordings on YouTube! The world lost one of the best.

4. citizen817 says:

5. citizen817 says:

• lotbusyexec says:

I cried watching this video — I could feel the sadness of the bereaved for a brief moment, although I will never truly know their great pain – the sacrifices our men and women have given up for us… Praying for all those whose lives have been lost for our freedoms and the loved ones they leave behind.

6. citizen817 says:

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Resurrection Power

How comes this flower to bloom so fair,
    With loveliest fragrance to fill the air?
    A short time ago the seed lay dead,
    The cold, wintry ground its desolate bed.

But now, behold, from the dampened earth,
    Without a sound to betray its birth,
    This thing of beauty has blossomed and grown
    To possess a loveliness all its own.

And as we view it, standing there
    With a majesty quite beyond compare,
    A mighty conviction grips the heart:
    This beautiful flow’r has a counterpart.

Our Savior once suffered and died for sin.
    Though no one so righteous as He had been.
    It seemed that the devil had sealed His doom
    As they buried His body in Joseph’s tomb.

But what is this wonder that greets our eyes
    As the rays of the third morning’s sun arise?
    Behold, He is risen! The grave could not hold
    The Author of Life; the Anointed of God!

And now the dead who have trusted in His name,
    Though sleeping in Jesus, will rise again
    With bodies more glorious than this flower
    –Sown in weakness, but raised in power!

C.R.S.

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

8. lotbusyexec says:

“Nature’s first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf’s a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.”

― Robert Frost

9. 1herder says:

All right, let us get some Jimmy Buffet Music on now………..and Happy Birthday Sundance……we need it all day to celebrate…..hump-day birthday in 2009!………
    livin on sponge cake…..
    watchin the sun bake……
    all those tourists covered with oil

10. 1herder says:

oops….2019!!

11. nwtex says:

12. nwtex says:

Fool.

• auscitizenmom says:

Poor guy. He wasn’t doing anything but driving drunk on a suspended license and the cop was harassing him. 🙄 I am sure that is how the story will go in his community.

13. nwtex says:

14. nwtex says:

• nwtex says:

Kindred spirit> thx for posting, jx. I could listen to her for days. Crazy about the Italians with their passion. brb

Oh, I see she is a politician etc. Blessings to her and her cause.–
      Giorgia Meloni (born 15 January 1977) is an Italian politician and journalist, leader of Brothers of Italy, a national conservative party in Italy. Meloni served also as Minister of Youth in Silvio Berlusconi’s fourth government and president of Young Italy, the youth section of The People of Freedom.

15. nwtex says:

2 Chronicles 7:14
    GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

However, if my people, who are called by my name,
    will humble themselves,
    pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways,
    then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins,
    and heal their country.

16. Good Morning Treepers.. your HumpDay Beach shot this morning..

17. dogsmaw says:

Uh Oh 😦 Poor Mickey

18. Dora says:

This is a strange case. I bet Marylin would be pleased to know that she is still so popular. 🙂

19. amwick says:

Tennis this morning… Which is great… Hubby had a medical scare (everything is fine now) and I though we would be buzzing down to Myrtle Beach to see his eye doctors… but, nope. Life if back on track here in the mountains.
    Be safe peeps…

• amwick says:

BTW Topic of aches and pains came up at Monday’s tennis. I used to have terrible achy legs every morning when I got up..Muscle thing that took a bit to subside. This stopped, completely after I added a banana to my diet. Obviously the potassium helped.. and made my breakfast delish… woot woot

• Dora says:

Thank you for mentioning that.

I had my knee replacement surgery one week ago today. I’ve been seeing my therapist and doing my exercises like I am supposed to.

The knee area itself is feeling a little better every day.

But sometimes my leg muscles ache pretty badly.

I think I will give that banana idea a try. It can’t hurt.

Thanks again. 🙂

• RyderLee says:

Dora , So glad You had the surgery and it is behind you now !
          Blessings to You and Amwick for taking care of those aches and pains .
          Bananas are the Best Cure for Alot of Things !
          Take Care and Good Healing to You !

• amwick says:

Worked for me… I forget how long it took, a week or so.. But after years, I still do a banana a day..

20. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”
    Romans 14:11 (KJV)

21. duchess01 says:

Jesus Loves Babies…Pray for the Unborn

Jesus Loves the Little Children…Pray for the Little Children

Jesus Loves You…Run to Him

22. dogsmaw says:

23. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

24. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the miraculous healing of the man with dropsy (Saint Luke 14: 2):

1. How the Lord touched the man with dropsy, and he was healed and went home.

2. How my soul is under the burden of a like dropsy, the burden of care and love for the body.

3. How the Lord can heal my soul of its dropsy with just one touch, and liberate it from the heavy burden of the passions.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau) for today, June 27th, on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

25. Dora says:

This is beautiful. It brought tears.

26. Dora says:

Oh no!

27. Pale rider says:

On the Epstein front. Dershowitz is a lawyer, nufsaid.
    When Michael Jackson was doing his thing, I remember the parents of the kids actually sending their kids to him on purpose for payouts, knowing what he was doing to them.

• Debra says:

‘They’ have been trying to normalize ‘children as sexual beings’ for decades, because, IMHO, ‘they’ are all into it . . .

(Btw, I am not stalking you in comments here today — just happened to be compelled to say something in response to your thoughts;)

28. mandy says:

“Russia’s Putin says wind power harmful to birds and worms

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russian President Vladimir Putin questioned on Tuesday the use of wind power, saying wind turbines were harmful to birds and worms.

Russia, a world-leading producer of fossil fuel, is lagging other countries in its development of renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind-powered energy.”

more at link:

I hope he continues bringing attention to this, because the “environmentalists” refuse to speak about it.

29. mandy says:

“Exclusive: Western countries rebuke China at U.N. for detention of Uighurs

GENEVA (Reuters) – Nearly two dozen countries have called on China to halt its mass detention of ethnic Uighurs in the Xinjiang region, the first such joint move on the issue at the U.N. Human Rights Council, according to diplomats and a letter seen by Reuters. ” …

“China had now effectively contained terrorism and religious extremism in Xinjiang, Vice-Governor Erkin Tuniyaz told the council in an appearance that was sharply criticized by the United States. ”

more at link:

30. Facebook has exceptions for death threats now, officially.

31. tozerbgood8315 says:

2nd Dossier by KIm Darroch???

I still say someone should start questioning Gina Haspel about UK’s interference of US elections, and the Trump admin. She was heading the CIA office in London at the time.

32. tozerbgood8315 says:

“The U.K. knows that the president and Congress read and know about the U.K.’s interference in the 2016 election and are now trying to get ahead of the declassified info that’s going to hit the headlines,” Papadopoulos said. “The U.K. is nothing more than a hindrance to U.S. interests in this new era.”

33. just stevie says:

THE SPIRITUAL SLUGGARD

“Let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works; not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together.” Hebrews x. 24-25

We are not all capable of being spiritual sluggards; we do not want to mix with the rough and tumble of life as it is, our one object is to secure retirement. The note struck in Hebrews x. is that of provoking one another and of keeping together – both of which require initiative, the initiative of Christ-realization, not of self-realization. To live a remote, retired, secluded life is the antipodes of spirituality as Jesus Christ taught it.

The test of our spirituality comes when we come up against injustice and meanness and ingratitude and turmoil, all of which have the tendency to make us spiritual sluggards. We want to use prayer and Bible reading for the purpose of retirement. We utilize God for the sake of getting peace and joy, that is, we do not want to realize Jesus Christ, but our enjoyment of Him. This is the first step in the wrong direction. All these things are effects and we try to make them causes.

“I think it meet,” said Peter, “…to stir you up by putting you in remembrance.” It is a most disturbing thing to be smitten in the ribs by some provoker of God, by someone who is full of spiritual activity. Active work and spiritual activity are not the same thing. Active work may be the counterfeit of spiritual activity. The danger of spiritual sluggishness is that we do not wish to be stirred up, all we want to hear about is spiritual retirement. Jesus Christ never encourages the idea of retirement – “Go tell My brethren…”

Oswald Chambers
    July 10th Devotional

• Pale rider says:

Today’s Godless world, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act.
      Our pastor, once told us about a dream he had. People speeding down the highway and the bridge was out. He was waving frantically trying to get them to stop but they just plowed ahead.
      He is dead, died very young from cancer. I watched Oral Roberts die. Kenneth E Hagin also, in a very short time. Then seemed like all hell broke loose. Nobody filled their shoes, or took their mantle. I don’t know if people are reluctant or God just didn’t pass it on. Many people attempted to fill those positions but it just never did happen.

34. Dora says:

35. SwampRatTerrier says:

FYI

Antifa Imposes Rules on the Media, Which the Media Apparently Obeys
    —Ace of Spades

I don’t remember the media publishing too many pictures of antifa violence. And it turns out, Antifa gives orders to the media not to publish such pictures.

I don’t remember hte media publishing many pictures of unmasked antifa criminals, despite the fact that local police departments publish these photos, and the conservative alternative media does publish them.

So it seems on both counts: Antifa commands, and their media allies comply.

36. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Here’s a good on-the-scene report from the 4th of July festivities in Washington DC last week which the liars & thieves of Fake News refused to broadcast.
    Young Kaitlin Bennett is sharp and fearless.

37. jx says:

38. czarowniczy says:

Next time you think the US Women’s Soccer Team is a bit dotty, look here:

Must be either all of those headings or something in the water.

39. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:
  40. Sobriquet4 says:

I just got around to reading a Kindle book I had pre-ordered back in January. Greg Iles “Cemetary Road”. Somewhere around the 8th chapter there about Mr. Iles decides to present his TDS.
    So sick of these writers who have been around for many years and are now pissing away their reputations as great writers in order to spew their political bias. Too bad these books do not come with a warning label cautioning the reader “This book contains Political Bias”. David Baldaci is another one along with Grisham and Barbara Kingsolver. The biggest heartbreaker was James Lee Burke who took a swipe at we Deplorables in his new book “Robicheaux”.

41. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

42. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

43. WSB says:

Was wondering if anyone here actually uses their WordPress account.

Was asked by another treeper to get in touch with me, however, I honestly have no idea how to do that. Is there an easy way to communicate through a WP account?

Many thanks in advance.

• nwtex says:

Sorry, not a clue, WSB. The only way I know to have a one on one type chat is using Twitter’s DM (direct message). I opened a twitter acct years ago in order to talk with someone but I no longer know how to do that either.
      I’m stuck with the old telly ☏ but good luck I’m sure you’ll get it done 😎

44. nwtex says: