July 4th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #896

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

617 Responses to July 4th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #896

1. Troublemaker10 says:

2. ilcon says:

3. Hmm. A New York Times publication endorsing “Buy American” (though with substantial mealy-mouthed caveats):

What Does ‘Buying American’ Even Mean?

Final paragraph:
    “I don’t know whether buying my Wright Tool wrenches improved any other American’s life meaningfully. I don’t really even know if those wrenches are much better than the alternatives. I do know that they have proven as good as the reviews said they were, that they’ve improved my life in a small but meaningful way, and that it still feels good to have bought American.”
    _______________________

Wright Tool:

4. Pokey says:

Watch those fireworks again tonight because We the People have managed to keep our God given ‘Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness’ for yet another year! I ask God to help us keep it for as long as it takes to allow all The People of the Earth to also have this kind of freedom. We were born with it and we have kept it for another year. I want to hear lots of big boomers when I watch the fireworks tonight!

5. Perot Conservative says:

Two new China ag purchases.

If my math is correct, the soy purchase = approx $228 Million?

6. Peoria Jones says:

I’ve worked a regular shift Independence Day, and have to go back to work at 7am.

I can only hope that Joshua Gardner is as properly prepared for work tomorrow as I will be.

7. Perot Conservative says:

• dallasdan says:

From the comments to the linked article:
      “”It has been widely reported that current CIA Director Gina Haspel has instructed the senior officials in the spotlight to cooperate but to protect sources and methods.”

“Protect sources and methods” is the great elastic clause that enables obfuscation, denial, and delay. No one should expect revelations of criminally actionable evidence against present or past CIA or FBI leaders or their high-level operatives. JMO

• Robert Smith says:

I agree with what you are saying, but Haspel has a problem. Being that the media and IC are so intertwined perhaps enough confusion can be generated to let everyone off. The story is getting out regardless of what they would like to say or hide and that could still endanger the institution.

• dallasdan says:

If Haspel is dirty, and I think she is, she and Wray can refuse to confirm or deny anything that “gets out,” and thereby its use for prosecutorial purposes. “National security” will be the veil that hides culpability. It is an aged ruse.

8. Pokey says:

We had one giant Independence Day parade and celebration yesterday, way out here in Southern Colorado. And we didn’t have to spend from the Federal Treasury to have a big party. Our political class wrung their collectivist hands over whether The People should be allowed to have fireworks, as usual. Since all the usual tripe from officialdom about the fire danger to ourselves was pretty much refuted by the cooperative weather provided by God, as usual, The People had them ! 🙂