Due to the size of the field, the first Democrat presidential primary debate takes place over two nights: tonight Wednesday, June 26, and Thursday, June 27, in Miami.

NBC, MSNBC and Telemundo are hosting the debate and hold exclusive rights to broadcast from 9pm EST to 11 p.m EST on both nights.

The moderators for the debate are: NBC News’ Lester Holt, Savannah Guthrie and Chuck Todd; MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, and Telemundo’s José Diaz-Balart.

The candidates for the first night are: Former Housing Secretary Julián Castro; Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas; Former Rep. John Delaney of Maryland; Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City; Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio; Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii; Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota; Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey; Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts; and Washington Governor Jay Inslee.

If you are a communist, socialist, communal activist; or if your hobbies include sitting around a campfire picking parasites off your friends; then grab your sustainable algae cakes and consider this an open discussion thread.

Or if you are just looking for a laugh by watching Moonbats howl, well, that’s OK too.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2020, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, propaganda, Socialist, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

698 Responses to Round One of First Democrat Debates – 9:00pm Tonight on NBC – Open Discussion Thread

1. MaineCoon says:

Great night for the Trump Campaign! @realDonaldTrumpLandslide!— Brad Parscale (@parscale) June 27, 2019

2. Eric Kennedy says:

3. Gregory Sherman says:

One thing is for sure. America isn’t spending nearly enough on mental health.

4. JustScott says:

5. czarowniczy says:

And there was Corey Booker telling us how he lives in a black and brown community and he doesn’t see the economy benefiting them. Well, aside from the fact I don’t think Corey be livin’ in da barrio, how many of them folks speak English well enough to work in a job that requires public contact and how many have education and skills that are marketable. I remember quite distinctly areas in south Florida in the 70s where, if you didn’t speak Spanish you were lost as no one there spoke English and now it’s widespread across the nation..

I’m sure that, were Sen Booker to come to New Orleans where in May of this year the black unemployment rate was 12%, near twice the national average, functional illiteracy is somewhere around 25% (city and state desperately try to hide it) and the schools specialize in training students for tourist-related jobs he’d blame Trump too. And I suppose it’s Trump’s/Republican’s fault that out of the civilized nations the US is 126th in literacy ( https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-highest-literacy-rates-in-the-world.html ), the decades of Democratic meddling in the nation’s educational system not being to blame.

God help us if any of this package of Democratic crap prevails next November, we’re done for.

• hellinahandbasket says:

What’s the most concerning … There are 126 civilized nations in the world, and the USofA is asked to singlehandedly subsidize, babysit, feed and medicate all of those remaining “uncivilized” nations . . . geesh.

• czarowniczy says:

The ones that are more literate in many cases are the ones we babysat, fed and medicated. The Democrats in their educational programs smartened up these 3rd world sh*thole countries while actively dumbing ours down.

• Cam Heck says:

Booker that idiot walked right into that one; he was the MAYOR of Newark, so if it’s an economic backwater, that’s on HIM and his democrat policies.

• covfefe999 says:

Exactly. It’s just like Biden crying that the government has failed certain people, and he was in the government for decades including 8 years as VP! HIS government failed people then, HE is the reason for the failure.

• czarowniczy says:

I generally don’t trust politicians (OK, I don’t trust any of them) who start their slimy path upwards on the backs of urban poor. Question is, are the Newark residents better off for what he did or just from his leaving.?

Don’t know if I can see him as the next POtuS. Then I’m used to slimy Rat mayors as
        nolA’s had a parade of them over the decades.

• Esther says:

Corey Booker is an overly privileged black man who growing up, enjoyed being “high Yaller” and all that came with it. His parents inherited the “high Yaller access to better education for themselves and him. Suddenly, he pretends to be more Black than ever, but Booker’s experience is NOT that of the ordinary Black man. That’s why the Black vote is not behind him.

6. So Julián Castro says a trans man can get pregnant. Apparently a trans man is biologically a male. So they say he was just confused. That’s an understatement.

• Newhere says:

hysterical. he tried SO HARD for the dunk on that one — “not just women, we can’t forget the trans community …..!” — of course, that assumes the “trans” folks of whom he speaks are NOT women …… AND, self-owned.

• mireilleg says:

I have to admit that is one topic where I am in a constant state of confusion. And when I think I might get it I swear they change the rules. And don’t get me started on the pronouns either.

• Newhere says:

Yah. I’m actually still confused about what Castro said and thought he was saying. And I will never bow to pronouns. Or any more letters or ++ in the acronym.

I think we need a safe space for the woke-fatigued. In fact we deserve protected status.

• G. Alistar says:

So much for the so called…party of science? And we are to trust these people? Nuts!

• It goes back to the old adage. If you want to make a conservative angry, lie to him. If you want to make a liberal angry, tell them the truth.

• sat0422 says:

The entire world, or, those who care, now understand why Trump is our President. I do worry about our future after Trump. Every nut case from CA to NY, the Canada Border to the Gulf of Mexico has signed on to display “ignorance.” The world may have many religions, but “most” of the world has a moral standard. There isn’t a Democrat in the bunch that could win an elected leadership position in “most” of the world. Let’s pray that the USA has not been left so uneducated that it happens here. A prayer to Jesus usually calms me when I begin to think about a Democrat president being elected.
          P.S. I understand that many who call themselves Republican fall into the “strange” category too..

• covfefe999 says:

For the benefit of people (like myself) who didn’t watch:

What that means is that just because a woman — or let’s also not forget someone in the trans community, a trans female — is poor, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have the right to exercise that right to choose.

Apparently the flaw in his statement is that a “trans female” is a man who is pretending to be a woman, and of course a guy can never be pregnant.

I’m not even bothering to commit this verbal nonsense to memory. I don’t care if I know the proper terms for a man pretending to be a woman or a woman pretending to be a man. There are men and woman and extremely few who are a genetic combo. There is never any natural transitioning, you are what you were born as. I will not indulge this mess. And it would be a double mess if you had a woman pretending to be a guy and she got pregnant. If she was pretending to be a guy and sleeping with another guy does that mean she’s homosexual? That’s so convoluted, so off the rails, I won’t even waste any time thinking that through

7. Lester Smith says:

Bit of advise for President Trump. The democrats truly need preexisting conditions included in their mental health coverage.

8. Nigella says:

So Trump won the debate

• MM says:

He sure did!

• andre says:

It doesn’t make any difference if there were ten chimpanzees on the stage. Everyone who listens knows that in a sane world the ideas these people spout are destructive and impossible. The Dem strategy is simply to cheat, lie, obfuscate, harvest ballots, allow illegals and felons to vote, hack the voting machines, collude, destroy free speech on the internet, change the electoral college, collude with the MSM to continually demonize Trump, create false crises, so that their policies can be implemented Trump made to look bad, distract the black vote with reparations, the Latino vote with the border crises, prop up moronic politicians who should not be allowed to sweep the streets, and whatever else demonic mischief they can come up with. Only with the intervention of God–keep praying–are we going to get a good result.

• So racist. A few of those that you called monkeys were black or persons of color. The Nazi anti hate brigade will now track you down and dox you. Might as give up and delete your internet.

• sat0422 says:

Since when did the monkey become such a concern. Many children’s books have stories that involve monkeys. I just saw a brilliant monkey acting in Aladdin. Q-tip it! That stands for “quite taking it personal. The simple and beautiful “rainbow is now ruined for children and the liberals can’t wait for the monkey to be ruined too.

9. Magagirls says:

Hillary’s watching in the weeds with the super delegates

• Nigella says:

LOL!

• The Demon Slick says:

Don’t laugh. She’s a terrible candidate but she’s probably better than this clown car. Personally I suspect that the democrats know they’re going to get smoked in 2020. They’re planning 2024, like in The Empire Strikes back. Them and the Vichy republicans. Probably Nikki v Moochelle either way they win.

• Deb says:

Hillary was not a better candidate than Gabbard, Biden, Warren, or even Castro. She really was that terrible. An incompetent person who spent decades building political power on the back of her husband, so no one could stop her. Until PDJT came along and reminded everyone that Americans like to win.

• kp says:

Deb,

“Can we just launch a cruise missle at Julian Assange?”

Well she has a pretty good record of Arkanciding, so there’s that. It’s not like she hasn’t accomplished anything!

Seth Rich et al.

• FrankieZee says:

You can take it to the bank that the Hilderbeast will emerge as the DEMO CRAP to go against Trump. Plugs will never make it past this summer.

10. mtk says:

And the first round goes to…

Where the real Collusion lies!
    Home grown, Not to put a fine of point on it!!!

To continue, with a plea for historical accuracy.

May I introject an observation… One that that needs to be smacked up aside of their heads of todays progressives…

When and if, progressives achieve power on the goals of covert Marxists what happens, and by that I mean historically what happens, “To those that lead the fight for socialists ideals and they wake up and go, “Heck this is not what we signed up for!”

Here is a clue, “All one party solutions see its former vanguard’s ‘useful’ proponents as future effective counter revolutionary rabble rousters.”
    What happens to them when the Elected State, needs to cement its authority?

Let it be known the entire history of Marxist’s first chapter of social reform(reorder) after assuming power is the recognition that their most effective proponents to praving the way to power are recognize as the most effective opponents to the new State Order.

At you Senator Sanders.

11. Blind no Longer says:

I could only stomach about 1 hour 15 minutes! What a bunch of pychos!! Liberals really are mentally ill…that debate proved it! Glad to see Ohio replaced the son of a mail man with the same level of common sense….LMAO

12. JustScott says:

HE DID! VSG45 retweeted the Trump4Evah vid again after the debate!!!
    . https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

13. Jeff says:

Got home late. Did I miss anything?

14. JustScott says:

• Troublemaker10 says:

They’ve been pushing Elizabeth Warren fir several weeks now (ever since Biden gaffathon). They view her as the compromise between Biden and Bernie .

• BitterC says:

According to Fox postgame, Spartacus actually got the most speaking time

• covfefe999 says:

Interesting. Well I hope she continues to speak out about this. If it’s any consolation to her I think robo-voters pushed her to a win in the Drudge poll. lol

• covfefe999 says:

Just want to add here that the reason why I walked away from the Dems in 2008 was because of the abysmal treatment of Hillary Clinton by the Dem party and the media. The media was extremely biased against her, they wanted Obama to win. The last straw was when Clinton sold her soul and endorsed Obama after what she had been through. I hope Tulsi speaks out about bias during the campaign season, and then at the end of it becomes a Republican. We could use her on our side..

• Deb says:

She will never become a Republican, they can’t get elected in Hawaii. But I here what you are saying, she is the most sane of all the Dem candidates.

I actually hope that Dems like Tulsi can pull the party back to the center. But after watching the last 11 years, I’m not sure it can be done. The donor class are as far left as it gets.

• George 1 says:

I would agree that Tulsi is the only dem that is sane on foreign policy, or talks like she is. Like a broken clock she is right twice a day. If you listen to her views on subjects other than foreign policy she is just as nutty as the rest of the dems.

• amjean says:

No offense, but the best reason to leave the democratic party is to start paying
          attention to political reality, do one’s research and pay attention to our rule of law and constitution, along with who is defending it and who is not.

• law4lifeblog says:

Covfefe999, Gabbard is proabortion and supports the homosexual political agenda. I can’t think of 3 Republican agenda items she supports, so why would she make a good R, voting against PT?

• Johnny Dollar says:

She supported Bernie Sanders, supports radical climate change policies, supports cutting defense spending in favor of social programs.

Find any Republican in there?

She knows what to say today to increase her popularity (e.g. I once wore a uniform.) . She is disguising herself nicely. But, soon, she’ll be outed.

15. mike diamond says:

I saw about 5 minutes of it !,sick and sad!!! If any of these demo-rats ever become President we are as a country,in big trouble! pray,and pray often!! We want Trump to win again in 2020 !!!!

16. Unapologetic American Male says:

In my best “Jersey” (I escaped in January after 55 years there):

Whatta f***in’ freakshow!”

Former DNC “keynote” speaker/rumored homosexual, Julian Castro’s, abortion rights for “trans women” aka “biological males” is the new standard for stupidity. Yay!

Never mind “Keep America Great 2020” that elections is over “Trump 2024” can’t come soon enough

17. Troublemaker10 says:

18. Deplore Able says:

The brilliant ideas of Democrat candidates:

Free stuff for everyone. Healthcare, college tuition, jobs, …
    Raise taxes!
    Pass the equal rights amendment for women.
    No more wars. Use the money to invest in healthcare, green economy, environment, good paying jobs.
    $15 minimum wage. 70% taxes, put money back in hands of working people. Paid sick days, free college, break up big corporations. There is plenty of money it is just in the hands of the wrong people.
    Double the earned income tax credit. Minimum wage increase. Paid family leave. Fix public education. “I know how to create jobs.”
    Help Unions so they can increase wages. Regulations cause jobs.
    Bottom 60% hasn’t had a raise in 40 years. [I guess he was talking about the 40 years President Trump took over.]
    Industrial policy for decades has taken jobs out of USA. We need to capture market for green technology and green energy. We need to have manufacturing in USA!!! We need to lead green products.
    Who wants to abolish private health insurance? Raise your hand if you want to…. Warren and De Blaiseo raise their hands. The rest want to keep a private option, at least for awhile.
    I am the only one who requires insurance to pay for abortions!
    Abortion is reproductive justice, even for Trans-people.
    Jail the Pharma companies.
    We need a Marshall plan for Central America.
    End ICE policies that violate human rights. Open borders+++
    It isn’t the immigrants who caused your pain and misery. It is the big corporations who did it to you. It is the 1% who did that to you.

Sorry, I couldn’t stand to watch any more.

• Bubba Cow says:

is that all ?

• sDee says:

it all fits…….

• amjean says:

I am texting and emailing everyone I know your concise notes on the plan which
        was 75% on its way to implementation before we elected President Trump.
        It is easy to read and will let people know exactly what is going on. Many know
        that people are trying to wreck the country, however, they are confused (as I was)
        as to the how’s and what their plan is. Thanks for this info.

• Dee Paul Deje says:

Since Trump was elected: Record low unemployment across almost all demographics, steady and increasing economic growth, lower taxes, higher wages, better trade deals, less regulation, energy independence, and on and on and on…
      But don’t worry, the Democrats have a plan to change all that….into? what? something good?

19. calbear84 says:

Well I tried to watch. I really did. Just…can’t…do it.

20. And then you have the Democrat tonight saying that the accusation by Jean “ rape is sexy and I fantasized about being ravished by Trump but wanted to see his tax returns while he was either not penetrating me or he was, I’d have to rewind the rerun to get my story right” Carroll was a serious charge and needs to be fully evaluated. I still though find it hard to believe that Utah elected that democrat Romney.

• Free Speech says:

I was in Salt Lake City recently. I saw more people on skateboards with blue hair and gentry liberal types than I did Mormons. California may soon give the country its first Senator from Utah that is more than a de facto Democrat.

• Bigbadmike says:

They already have. His name is Willard Romney. After he got his butt handed to him in 2012, he hid out at one of his homes in California. Somehow he wound up in Utah and became a U.S Senator. But wasn’t he also Governor of Massachusetts? He also had some connections to Michigan as I remember.

• sDee says:

His father was Governor of Michigan who teamed up with Saul Alinsky to create and leverage a created crisis via the Detroit riots.

• Kristin DeBacco says:

BigBadMike: Mittens sure is loyal to all his constituents all over the country. ( maybe wherever he has a house)

• covfefe999 says:

I was in Massachusetts when he ran for Governor there and there was a big scandal because, IIRC, he had claimed on is income tax that he was a resident of Utah and I think he had taken the homeowner’s exemption on his property tax there, therefore he was not a resident of Massachusetts therefore not eligible to run there. But somehow he got Massachusetts to accept him and said his income tax was in error. Total scam. And now his primary residence is in California yet Utah allowed him to run as a Senator. And sorry Utah but stupid is as stupid does, you elected this POS scammer, how dumb can you be?

But Utah showed its colors during the primary. Cruz won handily, Trump was only in the low 30’s percentage-wise. They didn’t like Trump.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Back in ’87 I’d walk a couple blocks from my hotel that was directly across from the Mormon Tabernacle. Every 20 – 30 feet I’d get approached for spare change. One guy was so brazen that he asked for spare change while balancing cups of cash from his waist to his chin! I asked if he could break a twenty. He said sure. I said $&@$!

I haven’t been back since, but sounds like the street people moved into the government.

21. Sam says:

The Democrats this election season reminds me of the Republicans of 1995-96.

There were a bunch running but no one paid any attention. Dole was the Designated Loser just as Biden is this time.

It’s nothing like the 2016 election or the 2012 election. It just feels different, like none of it matters at all, and they know it. That’s why they’re all letting their freak flags fly like it’s 1972 or 1984. Because in the end, they know Trump is being re-elected and it won’t even be close.

22. Troublemaker10 says:

After debate infighting.

23. Troublemaker10 says:

After debate infighting.

24. BitterC says:

• covfefe999 says:

Thati’s hilarious including the moderators in this count! Funny that Balart, who had one of the longest grandstanding moments, actually spoke the fewest words. He must have been silent for the entire rest of the night.

25. BitterC says:

26. Troublemaker10 says:

27. Bigbadmike says:

They are having a funeral on Morning Joe right.now for the 10 people who died last night in Miami.

28. Justin Green says:

Not to be outdone by Beto and Booker, Joe Biden has promised to speak Chinese and Ukrainian tonight.

29. Ausonius says:

If this is the best they’ve got around here, in six months we’ll be running this planet.”

Charlton Heston as Captain Taylor in the original (and best) Planet of the Apes

30. scrap1ron says:

So, who will Donna Brazille feed the debate questions to?

31. ms Idaho says:

Any reports on how many viewed the debates? Besides the dedicated treepers & POTUS, of course. Kudos and thanks for your feedback

• Justin Green says:

Some people were saying 9,000,000. But that was combox reporting, not an actual article.

If the viewership was that low, there may not be many articles.

• ms Idaho says:

Thank you Justin. I have been searching all the usual sources but no one seems to find that detail of importance. and we know MSNBC had high hopes

• Justin Green says:

You’re very welcome, Ms. Idaho! Just take that reporting with a grain of salt! Could be way off!

• kp says:

msIdaho & Justin,

Don’t forget to divide the total by 56 genders, as many in the group of liberal watchers have numerous personalities living in their brains. Math can be challenging in this age.

32. thomas says:

Did all the dems ride the short bus to the debate or just some of them..? I’d say all of em but one never knows

33. webgirlpdx says:

So tonight we have Bernie, Biden and the guy running for head cheerleader……..?

34. Justin Green says:

I”m making my endorsement now.
    Warren/Gillibrand 2020

A tamale in every pot, a degree on every wall, a Mexican in every field, and an underaged Honduran sex slave in every basement!

/s

35. franuche says:

Change it to the Sodomy, Treason, Dehumanize (babies) party and you get STD. Totally fits.

36. Moe Grimm says:

Witnessed this as linked off Western Rifle Shooters Assoc. this a.m. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zhbTDOjuSWg. One of the “hosts” is this blithering idiot Megan Kelly now well on her way to selling knock-offs on a shopping channel. Remember, and in lieu of the latest outrage delivered today by the black robbed monks of “scotus” – these VOTE overwhelmingly for THIS: https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/bz-5d13ed295047d.png?w=768&h=768. There’s no voting your way out of this. This is as real as it gets.

• annieoakley says:

I watched this and it is just beyond words. Yes Meghan Kelly is blithering idiot and so are the rest of these ‘clowns’. The US is in big trouble, still.

37. realitycheck6 says:

Whenever they showed aside picture of the entire “lineup”, it really stood out how frail Warren looked. Her posture was horrendous and she looked ancient and worn out. I could just imagine her standing across from Pukeon or any other world leaders and having them laughing.

38. Esther says:

The World Keeps Turning and won’t stop for the Dimm’s madness.
    Meanwhile, outside the land of “Twenty DimoRats In a Tub”, Trump is working his butt off to protect this country for both now and the future generations. The utter lust for power, is exemplified by how hungry each and every halfwit demonRat wants a power grab for the presidency, or at least to position themselves to be elevated to sit on more powerful committees in congress. Its all about lifting their political profile nationally so they can suck in more money via campaign contributions and pocket what they don’t spend when its over.

The MSM is full of the kindergarten tussle the Dimms put on last night, that they misnamed a debate, while TRUMP IS DOING ALL THE GROWNUP WORK BY HIMSELF. Beijing is demanding that the U.S. lifts the ban selling U.S. technology to China and Huawei, and discard all of the tariffs now imposed on that communist country. Xi Xinping must not only drink it, but bathe frequently in “keep fooling yourself” special wine.