May 19th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #850

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

704 Responses to May 19th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #850

1. trapper says:

The pieces are falling into place, and the picture is emerging. The strange abortion-until-delivery-date laws that were passed made no sense. NO ONE believes in that. There was even a suggestion from someone that even after a full-term birth, the mother should have time to “think it over,” and still possibly proceed to the kill. How long? An hour? Two? Ten years? That remained unanswered. And now southern states are passing heartbeat laws. What’s going on?

My take is this: the unlimited abortion laws were passed to bait the southern states into passing abortion restrictions. They took the bait. What’s it all about? They are teeing up the next Supreme Court nomination.

If anyone thinks the Kavanaugh spectacle was a disgrace, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. That one will be a Sunday picnic compared to the brutality of the next one. It’s about abortion, right? Nope. There is only one question involved.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

When do these rights attach? And when may they be taken away by the government? America cannot be morphed into a globalist slave state comparable to China so long as our fundamental principle of inalienable human rights continues to underpin our culture, our laws, our society. This is what is under attack. The rest is just the delivery vehicle.

• andyocoregon says:

I just watched Amy Clobuchar (D-MN) on Fox News Sunday state 76% of Americans don’t want Roe v Wade overturned. That is a baldfaced lie!

• andyocoregon says:

BTW, Amy Klobuchar is at a whopping 1.5% in the Dem polls. LOL!

• Carrie says:

I think that is an interesting perspective, Trapper. The DNC definitely has nothing right now to point fingers at Republicans. So they just continue to personally attack President Trump, as Biden has done. This would be one way to manufacture an issue. So many of the ones they tried to manufacture in the past, blew up in their faces- like arranging caravans to the southern border and the manufactured testimony by Christine Blasey Ford and those pathetic protests that followed at the Kavanaugh hearing.

• sunnydaze says:

I agree with you trapper. Thought of this a couple days ago.

It really was a pretty good plan for the Dems to bait the Reps. that way.

It’s a twofer: Get people riled up about the next SC pick, and drain some support away from Trump and R’s. in general during the next elections.

And the beauty of it for them, is they KNEW that the MSM would not make a huge deal out of their abortion nonsense but that theMSM would come out swinging at the Repubs for theirs.

This very divisive issue is now front and center, eclipsing other issues.

• Robert Smith says:

IMO, Still a losing issue for Democrats. Their position is too extreme.

• sunnydaze says:

Robert, problem is, the R position is very extreme too.

No exceptions for incest victims? How is that not extreme?

Girls hit puberty at very young ages. And when they do, they can get pregnant.

MSM will highlight the extreme-ness of the R. bill. The disgusting Dem bills will get a pass- they already have.

Personally, I think MOST women could get on board w/an abortion ban after 12 weeks. Even those who are “pro-choice”.

The problem w/ the 6 week GA. bill is that so many women miss periods here and there. One missed period does not necessarily signify pregnancy.

There is a way to do this that would actually REDUCE the amount of abortions in this country- if that’s what these R.s really want. The AL. bill is just grandstanding – on a Really.Important.Issue. We need to reduce abortions in this country, not just talk about it for another 30 years.

Gov. Ivy even *said* the AL. Bill was only meant to push Roe.v. Wade back to the SC. She admitted it’s too extreme to actually happen.

At least the MO. Bill is meant to actually reduce abortions in MO.

The AL. Bill is the equivalent of Roy Moore pulling his gun out on stage at one of his speeches. Shock value and that’s it. And we all know what happened to Roy Moore. There’s a Dem in that seat now- in AL., of all places. Ugh.

• Deb says:

A baby doesn’t deserve to be killed simply because the father is evil.

That’s not extreme, it’s humane.

I’m sorry, but I have a friend who was adopted. When she was raped in college, she decided to put the baby that resulted up for adoption. With most adoptions, there is a grace period where the mother can change her mind. My friend changed her mind and that wonderful boy is now a part of her beautiful family, having been adopted by the wonderful man she married four years later.

• dianeax says:

I have a friend who’s sister in law was conceived through rape. However painful that was for her mom, and it was very painful, she is a beloved member of the family. I always keep that in mind when discussing rape and incest victims.

I believe God has a plan for all He creates and we aren’t the ones who know what it is.

• Zorro says:

The Kavanaugh hearing, aka Blowsy Two Door Ford hoax, was one of many frauds and hoaxes put on by the Demosocialist Party. Maybe by the next SC vacancy the public will be more informed and won’t put up with it.

• Lulu says:

No, the dirty secret is that abortion up until delivery has been legal since Roe v Wade in most states.

What they were doing was signaling their base and making sure they codified abortion explicitly in state law all 9 months if it went back to the states.

• sunnydaze says:

Exactly, Lulu.

Which is why so many women started using it as an alternative form of “birth control”.

It’s basically been legal in most places “whenever you feel like it”. No incentive At.All. for (some) women to take responsibility for their own bodies.

• wondering999 says:

sunnydaze… you may be right, but I question “many women started using it [abortion] as an alternative form of ‘birth control’.” Abortion is an invasive, painful medical intervention that for many women would follow weeks of extreme nausea and vomiting. No one in her right mind would want this as a form of birth control (except maybe the ignorant?)
          Back in the 1940s and 1950s there was a propaganda campaign to get women to “not be afraid of having a baby”. I’ve seen some filmstrips of this, where pretty teen girls would tell a camera that “doctors can do so many things now, I’m not afraid to have a baby”. The difficulties were trivialized.
          In earlier times many women hemorrhaged to death after giving birth, or contracted childbed fever, or experienced serious perineal tearing all the way to the rectum, or developed crippling fistulas after prolonged labor and stillbirth. (Look up the surgeon Dr. Marion Sims.)
          Women who had lived in large households and who had watched other women giving birth understood very well what a serious (and potentially fatal) business it was to become pregnant and give birth. They took their risks seriously and expected the men around them to take these risks into account, as well.
          My theory: this sex-and-birth-is-nothing-to-fear propaganda campaign was so successful that by the time the contraceptive pill was offered for sale towards the end of the1960s, a lot of women thought that conception, pregnancy and giving birth was not such a big deal; maybe even something that selfish/inhibited dependent non-working women “owed” to suffering men with blue balls.
          Maybe both men and women are happier when the dangers are openly acknowledged and respected by all, instead of deliberately disregarded?

• sunnydaze says:

wondering, I guess I just knew of so many women back in college who had more than one abortion that the only thing I could figure out is they were using abortion as BC.

Cuz BC was so widely available, seemed they MUST be using abortion as “back up plan” so they could be sloppy about BC.

And by “so many” I probably mean more like 2 or 3 or 4, but seriously, that *does* seem like a lot, since we’re not dealing with Rocket Science here.

When Roe first passed, it seemed to be generally understood that it was the taking of a life (ie. murder) under really difficult circumstances and not entered into lightly.

But gradually that changed. It went from an understanding that you were taking a life, so you better have a d*mn good reason, to “just a bunch of tissue” so who cares.

I also never understood WHY we had a separate facility especially for abortions (ie. Planned Parenthood).

Why, of all medical procedures, was abortion singled out and given it’s own special little building? Why not in a hospital or regular medical clinic just like every other medical procedure under the sun?

Finally, that is *very* interesting about people generally having an understanding and fear of the dangers of child birth back in the 40’s/50’s and before. Yes, by the time I came along, it was basically “no biggie”. Lots of drugs and pain killers, etc. etc.

• wondering999 says:

An aunt who worked as a laboratory technician back in the 1950s commented to my mom about the number of D&C specimens that were actually early abortions. It’s just that wealthier people with access to medical care had more discretion about how to “name” things.

• wondering999 says:

Back in the late 1970s, I knew a few young women who had elective abortions, generally in connection with failed love affairs. My intuition was that the couple had actually desired conception but was half-hearted about it. Additionally it was a confirmation of fertility. Many men and women take pride in fertility as an ego manifestation.

• wondering999 says:

About separate facilities for abortion, experienced medical staff who have strong feelings about abortion might revolt, at late term abortions especially. I remember listening (reading?) about Dr. Ron Paul’s experienced with a late term abortion and a discarded baby who cried before dying. This scenario would be impossible for many staff to deal with, is my guess.

A “D&C” of a very early embryo might be a different matter, I don’t know; and the nurses in my aunt’s 1950s hospital would have been trained not to question the judgment of the doctors, regardless of their opinions on the matter.

• justsayin714 says:

Wondering 999, I lived in an off-campus apartment with two roommates when I went to the University of Maryland in the late 60s. Most of the tenants in the building were female college students. As abortion was easily available in DC, just 12 miles away, a lot of these young women took advantage of it. My roommate brought two friends of hers from Chicago to stay with us for a weekend so they could get abortions.

I never saw any of the girls that had D&C abortions suffer from extended or severe nausea, extreme pain, or anything like you describe. Many of them just “slept it off” and headed home or back to class one or two days later. I never heard anyone say it was an unusually painful experience. I did hear some refer to it as “emergency birth control”.

I thought at the time that it was almost too easy, and wondered if that would lead women to repeat it if necessary later on. I will say only one of the several women I knew who had an abortion told her boyfriend, and he did accompany her to the clinic. The rest kept it from the men, but openly shared it with we women in the building. Personally, I love children and have been pro-life my whole life. I married at 20, but had I gotten pregnant at 18, I would have dropped out of school, found a job, and raised my child alone if necessary.

• wondering999 says:

just sayin, the nausea is BEFORE terminating the pregnancy. For many women, nausea is the first signal of pregnancy, and extreme nausea can last for months. Some women are queasy until final delivery. Uncontrollable vomiting is not compatible with many workplaces — and can also be distracting if you are trying to drive. I don’t know what the frequency is but it’s common enough.

• wondering999 says:

Having instruments jammed through the cervix, even with anesthetics, is bound to be painful, and risks infection.

• Can we retroactively abort Hussy Soetero?

• sunnydaze says:

Thank goodness Trump tweeted about this today. Just saw it now:

• sunnydaze says:

more:

• wondering999 says:

Pro-Life activists with long-term vision would do well to get behind “Save the Storks” and leave off with extreme political grandstanding intended to divide the base. I have already noticed comments heading towards Democrat support by an otherwise rational and conservative woman my age (someone who worked in Washington decades ago, and said that there is NO politician qualified to make gynecological decisions). This abortion controversy is a highly effective wedge issue and it is being used AGAIN to throttle Republicans (whose leadership/losership don’t mind at all)

Pro-Life people, please FOCUS. You CAN reduce abortion through basic biology education for the public; medical ethics courses through Sunday School classes (there’s a lot to cover there!), respect for the complicated and too-often impoverished, desperate situations of parents and children; through practical steps to make parenthood less punishing. PUNITIVE LAWS WILL NOT WORK anymore than alcohol prohibition worked. Let’s deal with reality, not virtue signalling.

• Peoria Jones says:

Thank you, Wondering. The President’s position on this is reasonable. I have a friend who was brutally raped by a stranger, of a different race. Thankfully, she didn’t have to throw herself down the stairs.

• Deb says:

My friend was raped by a stranger in college. Her son is now the light of her life, along with the other children she had with the good man she married who also adopted her first son.

Abortion after rape creates another victim and traumatizes the woman further. None of the women in my family who have had abortions have been left unscathed. They all live with guilt and remorse.

• Peoria Jones says:

I’ve read your story numerous times over the past few days, and am glad it worked out for your friend. I doubt that most women/girls would be able to care for the product of rape for 9 months in a healthy way, and give birth. It is cruel to force this on someone else, and I do not agree with your opinion.

• justsayin714 says:

Wondering, Democrats have tried using abortion as a wedge issue for years. Both GA’s and AL’s new laws are already being challenged in court, and the President’s tweet today clarified where he stands on it. I think most Republican women think of Dems as pro-abortion and Republicans as pro-life. So I don’t believe it’s a topic that will have much impact on the vote. Trump isn’t from the South. I think he will continue to let his supporters know that he thinks those new laws are too extreme.

However, as Greg Gutfeld said, it’s like saying you are against slavery, but it’s ok as long as you only own one or two slaves. And, as Kelsey Grammar said, if someone needs to die as the result of a rape, it should be the rapist, not the innocent baby.

• wondering999 says:

Justsayin, interesting you should bring up slavery. When my kids were little, I recall thinking to myself that if I had not chosen this parenthood path, it would feel like slavery. The work didn’t end. But I was willing and able to sacrifice during that period of my life, with no regrets.

• wondering999 says:

Deb — was just reading today about Tennessee governors and how they have wrestled with the decision to execute death row prisoners over the decades.

Many times, soldiers and police who have had to kill other people also live with guilt and remorse up until their dying days. They did what they felt they had to do, what they were asked to do by the rest of us, and what may have been for the greater good; but it is still a difficult memory for many. Most people do not kill, unscathed.

I agree in principle with being anti-war, and I respect the Quakers and Mennonites. In real life, It’s my belief that our efforts are most effectively focused on preventing armed conflicts before they occur. Same principle holds for preventing conceptions that will result in tragedy. I can’t control other people… but can help to set the conditions we all live and work under

2. PHC says:

3. WeThePeople2016 says:

Who got to him?

4. rondo123456 says:

“The Calming Feeling as Jew-Hate Now Takes Deeper Root in the Democrat Party”

• andyocoregon says:

Omar is now claiming Americans are trying to silence her. No, she has a right to Free Speech and we simply use our right to Free Speech to correct her every time she spews another anti-Semitic comment.

• If you refute a lie long enough and often enough, reasoning people will believe the truth, unfortunately irrational people will go with “emotion and notion” instead.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Rep. OMAR is using “victimhood” and generous amounts of TAQUIYYA.
        She is commanded by ISLAM to profess and follow through on Muhammad’s teachings that Jews must be killed:
        Koran, 5:51—“O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors of each other. And he amongst you who turns to them for friendship is of the…” (a clear warning for Muslims to avoid and despise Jews and Christians)
        Bukhari, the Hadith 103/6, #2926:—“The hour [of judgement] will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews AND KILL THEM…” (emphasis mine)
        OMAR is using the Bill of Rights as a weapon AGAINST the United States and FOR the spread of Islam.
        Required reading about the true goals of Islam, by John Guandolo:

• Zorro says:

The bottom line is that the Muslims want to invade US and breed like rabbits and that is what the Demosocialists like. If the Jews were migrants doing the same it wouldn’t be beyond the D Party to be pro-Jew.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Ah yes, but ONLY until the Muslim horde shows up at the DemocratCommunist homes and demand submission to Islam, meanwhile removing their women and children and bringing out the swords to behead those who refuse or try to fight.
        Same exact technique was used by the FIRST Muslim invasion of Europe in 732AD, ushering in 700 YEARS of the Dark Ages.
        Similar technique going on in the SECOND Muslim invasion of Europe over the last 5+ years—only kept in check by the doling out of benefits from the EU social-welfare governments. This can continue for only a limited time longer before the Muslim hordes there feel strong enough / have sufficient numbers, to begin full-scale subjugation.
        The Muslim INVASION of the United States is already under way. Wait until the Muslim population here reaches about 4%. This percentage is a threshold / danger signal.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Remember also that Islam teaches that ANY land that was once conquered by Muslims is FOREVER considered to be subject to Islam—even if, as om the case of the FIRST Muslim invasion of Europe, they were thrown out in 1491-1492 by Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain.
          The Muslim hordes in this current SECOND invasion of Europe are only “retaking land previously conquered for Allah.” Think about that.
          Which would make a Muslim subjugation of the United States the biggest “prize” of all to Islam—for IF the United States becomes subjugated by Islam (by Creeping Sharia or outright violence), she will be considered to be part of Islam—forever.
          How many of our so-called educated Congress people understand this? My guess is—ONLY Reps. Omar, Tlaib, and Andre Carson.

5. PHC says:

6. Kalena says:

I just setup a new router today. I named it MAGA2020. I am retiring my 2 no longer supported Apple routers named Nobama (setup early on his presidency) and Obamasux setup when Obamacare started. Glad to get that poison out of my airspace today. 😄

7. Dan Dan says:

8. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI 😀

9. PHC says:

10. stats_guy says:

For all of us that are not watching Chris W interview the small town gay mayor our President has weighed in

I honestly don’t know why the socialists don’t want to go on FNC, I mean Chrissy is on their side. He hates Barr and Trump as much as they do.

11. WeThePeople2016 says:

12. WeThePeople2016 says:

13. jeans2nd says:

Devin Nunes spoke with Fox & Friends this morning about Spygate.
    Good news! Around the 4 minute mark, Rep Nunes says the House Republicans have another criminal referral to DOJ, this week for obstruction of Congress.
    Whoopie! More Swamp Creatures going down…
    4:34

14. snarkybeach says:

I happened to stumble on a juicy Mayor Pete platform plank while changing channels. He wants a “small” wealth tax to pay for all the Gimmies he’s promising to sheeple that are clapping like seals for every pearl that drops from his mouth.

15. Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Hussy Soetero’s favorite son, Saint Trayvon, runs for public office in Miami Dade, against the [no doubt WHITE] Hispanic Carlos Gimenez.

Vote for Sybrina! She can do for Florida what she did for the precious fruit of her overactive loins.

16. Skippy says:

Steve HermanVerified account
    @W7VOA
    Steve Herman Retweeted Ben Riley-Smith
    #UK spy chiefs reportedly were briefed on Christopher Steele’s dossier before @realDonaldTrump knew of its existence.Steve Herman added,
    Ben Riley-SmithVerified account
    @benrileysmith
    Read the full story online here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/19/theresa-mays-spy-chiefs-briefed-explosive-chistopher-steele/

4:25 PM – 19 May 2019

• Robert Smith says:

I guess it is time for the the UK press to slowly say, oops, I guess we did know, before they start talking about what everybody knows happened.

17. Elle says:

Wow. Earlier on this board I discussed how the staggering increase in homelessness coincides with the influx of refugees and migrants. It’s a damaging narrative because it is true.. And boom. right on cue, Huffpo leads their home page with a headline about homelessness with a new and improved narrative as to why it’s not because of immigrants or refugees overwhelming social services and available low cost housing, and it’s not even because of mental illness or drug abuse. but …

and they are seriously selling this…its just we because we need to raise minimum wage.

From the article…”the vast majority of people being pushed out onto the streets by America’s growing urban economies do not need dedicated social workers or intensive medication regimes. They simply need higher incomes and lower housing costs.”

Seriously. These people disgust me. Good job Huffpo. You have your new narrative
    Pat yourselves on the back. Now you and your liberal friends can feel perfectly okay about stepping over the massive increase in cold and hungry homeless people since it’s ALL the fault of those bad conservative deplorables whom won’t raise minimum wage. FU.. And watch out, Karma is a female dog..

• Elle says:

or maybe I just have it wrong. Maybe these “journalists’ are worried that coding jobs don’t pay as well as they had hoped and are attempting to pave their exit strategy.

18. stats_guy says:

I tire of this war that we’re in. But it never fails to anger me that there are so many scallywags and scoundrels. Mittens of course never fails to show who he is

19. A2 says:

I was going to post this yesterday, but the source was some dodgy Arab site. Now AP has picked it up. Believe it or not, John Brennan is to brief a Dem caucus on Iran.

I guess losing your security clearance makes you an expert.

20. fred5678 says:

I caught a bit of Buttigeg-guy, advocating for eliminating the Electoral College, saying “If we believe in a democracy, each person’s vote should counnt!!!”

Has the good mayor found out that we have a Federal freakin’ Republic, and NOT a federal democracy??

It is the United STATES of America, not the United People of America.

• Deb says:

The electoral college is what makes every state count. Without it, people in IA wouldn’t have any say. CA and NU would decide every election.

21. i listen to audio books while cooking and I am listening to The Cuban Affair by Nelson Demille right now.

Anyway, without going into the details, the protagonist is in Cuba on a secret mission as a member of some type of educational group. And the tour guide is really into socialism. Other members of the group are professors etc are supposedly very intelligent types.

So, there is a couple from Yale who are lapping up all of the pro-socialism propaganda and the protagonist thinks, ” If these people were in a kennel for a week they would be barking like a dog/

I want to remember that for a comeback to all of the leftists here.

22. ssn774cl says:

MAGA! President Trump is bring our steel industry back to life.

Unfortunately, some damage by globalists cannot be undone.

Watch this morning’s implosion of 21-story Bethlehem Steel skyscraper in Pennsylvania.

Martin Tower vanished from the Lehigh Valley landscape in 14 seconds Sunday, a poignant and fittingly spectacular end to the former world headquarters of Bethlehem Steel.

As bystanders lined the streets of Bethlehem and gathered on rooftops to watch its long-awaited demolition, the building that once marked the might and influence of American industry collapsed with a crackling roar, raising a cloud of dust over the neighborhood on the city’s west side.

23. Dekester says:

I know it is Faux, but as we watch PDJT being interviewed by Steve Hilton. I must say it is most refreshing change from the usual drivel.

Hilton asks a question, always a pertinent one. PDJT is allowed to answer, and expand at his leisure.

Great stiff! IMO

• AZ18 says:

Agree Dek… discussion about military industrial complex was interesting. Paraphrasing
      ….I don’t like war. People die and economies are destroyed. Me…I like to invaded ECONOMICALLY.

Brilliant !

24. linda4298 says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Srpj0QX3WY TheNextRevolutionWithSteveHilton #FoxNews #SteveHilton
    The Next Revolution With Steve Hilton 5/19/19 | Steve Hilton Fox News May 19, 2019

25. dogsmaw says:

26. duchess01 says:

The Next Revolution With Steve Hilton 5/19/19 | Fox News Today May 19, 2019

27. parleyvous says:

Is there really proof of life of RBG anywhere?

28. dogsmaw says:

29. dogsmaw says:

Welp, u sure can’t make any money w/Bill Clinton speech tour, so now you must have orgs to generate funds for your lifestyle eh Hillarity 😛

13 orgs that generate funds named in this twit 😛

30. CNN_sucks says:

Watching Nunez. It looks like Mueller falsely identified Mifsud as Russian agent but might be an informant by someone else. My guess is the FBI.