Kellyanne Conway Discusses George Conway -vs- Donald Trump…

White House Senior Adviser Kellyanne Conway sits down for an interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo.  Within the interview Bartiromo asks Ms. Conway about her husband’s very public criticisms of President Trump…. and the conversation gets weird.

This is an unusual public conversation about an odd personal dynamic.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Professional Idiots, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

358 Responses to Kellyanne Conway Discusses George Conway -vs- Donald Trump…

1. Anon says:

She came across as very sympathetic to me. Idk 🤷‍♂️

• Harvey Lipschitz says:

Here’s the deal.. She got Trump the biggest job on the planet. Yup. And she was a rookie at running publicity.

And she got the biggest snowflake on the planet nothin’.

He needs 1-800-butthurt hotline on speed dial.

• Sayit2016 says:

It is such a weird situation… I can not believe a husband would do that to his wife. I do not care if he hates the president- one day Trump will not be in officer– will he still have a marriage after this is all over? His comments have been over the top for a while and honestly if that were my husband, the first week he pulled this crap he would be on the couch– he insists on on the BS tweets- the next step is HOTEL- still carrying on? Get a lawyer.

2. emet says:

Mr. Conway is consumed by hatred and jealousy, and he is grossly overweight. He is headed for a heart attack, which will be followed by the headlines “Trump kills Kellyanne’s Husband”

• Guffman says:

Or, “Trump Curse claims yet another victim.”

• Jim S. says:

I’ve been around a lot of bipolar people in my life. Many of them were high functioning until they got to around 40 years old. Sometimes, a significant stressor can be a catalyst.

Kellyanne mentioned that he was a partner at a law firm at just 30 years old. She mentioned that the entire family picked up and moved to Wash DC. They had a complete life change.

Perhaps he is bipolar and has crashed and he lashes out when he’s in mania.

• wondering999 says:

I’m not a psychiatrist but have a feeling you may be onto something… and if so, this is, once again, an opportunity for a national conversation about a huge phenomenon that a majority is not accustomed to confronting.

I’ve known a few people married to bipolar spouses, with children, and it’s a hard row to hoe, and also extremely difficult to talk about with people who “don’t get it”. Wishing KAC and her family the very best, whatever is going on

• Linda K says:

I agree. Kellyanne twice mentioned that George’s behavior was not typical of him. He has some medical or mental problem and she is sticking by him, but it has become so obvious, she cannot deny the behavior.

• Jim S. says:

“… she is sticking by him”

I think this is what she should do if he is having a MH crisis. It’s difficult to get one to seek professional help. Once they have, then comes the difficult task of finding a medication that works well for that individual. That may never happen.

• Linda K says:

• Jim S. says:

… And, BTW, Kellyanne would not mention that he is having mental health problems even if he was, nor would she discuss MH medication. That would violate his privacy and probably make things worse for him and their family.

This seems more like a mental health crisis than jealousy / envy to me.

• Tl Howard says:

The fact that she hasn’t left him over this made me say a long time ago that he had a mental illness and neither she nor POTUS wishes to attack him for that reason. It’s the only thing I can think of. Other than bi-polar there is another mental illness that I’m familiar with. They tried dropping the name but it’s still known as borderline personality disorder.

When her husband said Trump was suffering from narcissistic personality disorder, I thought that odd UNLESS he was a man familiar with psych terms. Most guys would have said, “Trump is a narcissist” rather than using the “npd” nomenclature.

• mikeyboo says:

Perhaps…..Or perhaps he is just a vain, jealous SOB.

• mikeyboo says:

“Mr. Conway is consumed by hatred and jealousy, and he is grossly overweight. He is headed for a heart attack”.
      Congratulations! You have just won the Silver LIning Award!

3. agentcommonsense says:

They must not be living together right ? And she is not in the frame of mind to be out doing interviews because just like Sundance said the interview is weird and that is not a good look for our usually strong Kellyanne

• olderwiser21 says:

agent – agreed. That was a very, very weird interview. KellyAnne never answered Maria’s questions directly, danced around the REAL answers very obviously, and ended up sounding extremely political, which is what she probably has to be in this situation. I would assume that she and Georgie boy (who should be ashamed of himself) have agreed to disagree on this issue and have successfully figured out a way to separate their work lives from their personal lives. More power to them if they can do it. That being said, the lamestream surely sense blood in the water and are not about to let this go. I think Georgie has mental problems, frankly.

• Marygrace Powers says:

Who knew that TDS was an infectious
        illness? Initially GC was all onboard with
        PDJT. Part of the TDS syndrome may
        be a subconscious desire to actually be
        “Trump” or “like Trump” but in reality know
        never will be/thus A REAL CONUNDRUM.

• nimrodman says:

“… have successfully figured out a way to separate their work lives from their personal lives”

Yeah, but they really haven’t if their conflict is in the national news constantly.

Creates a continuous, festering sore on Kellyanne’s professional life and the Trump administration.

• mikeyboo says:

I suspect their children are subjected to quite a bit of tension at home as well. As a woman, my affection for this self-absorbed little man would be would be about drained.

• jahealy says:

All I can think about is the kids. There are 4 of them, I believe. Very hard on them. Could also be why KC hasn’t kicked her grossly overweight, butt-ugly, vengeful spouse to the curb.

4. Sandra-VA says:

I watched the interview this morning and it was weird. She called him George Conway, said that Donald Trump, President Trump was defending her… implied George was not happy with her job. Said he could have had any job he wanted in the administration… but Solicitor General was taken.

There is something going on in that marriage and it isn’t good. He is obviously very jealous of her “power” and instead of taking it out on her, he takes it out on the President. When Maria asked a question about the home life, KAC got very defensive. Said she was a strong independent woman who came from a one parent family… that she had four children and that was her primary focus.

The way KAC was answering questions was very different from her normally well guarded responses.

It is also VERY odd that this is all so public.

• Fringe Dweller says:

He’s not taking his frustration out on Trump, actually. He knows the words don’t bother him that much. He’s an abuser that is out to shame his uppity wife that dared to become more successful than him. He’s embarrassing her on purpose, and she’s doing her best to stay close to her kids for their sake instead of going through what would now be a very public divorce, which due to its distracting publicity, would require her to step down from her job.

Her husband is a sociopath.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

My take is that, to prevent escalation, there is an argument to be made for putting it ALL out there. PLOP. Leave them (haters) nowhere else to go. Don’t distance it or whitewash it. Done. Next subject…

• Annie Ok says:

It is indeed odd that it’s so public. George’s behavior is obviously caused by jealousy — jealousy of his wife’s allegiance to another man, Trump, and jealous of her power and public profile. But his behavior is inexcusable. The thing about the interview, to me, was how aggressive Maria Bartiromo was — why was she digging in on this painful part of Kellyanne’s life? Why did she persist? She really backed Kellyanne up against the wall — what did she expect her to admit? Did she want her to break down and cry? Why should Kellyanne Conway be required to provide such personal details about her marriage? I just didn’t get it. Trump should have just left it all alone. Kellyanne shouldn’t have to be in the middle of two warring men.

• amjean says:

I really despise the business shows, whether Fox Business or MSNBC, going in to the
        gutter with political garbage.

• meow4me2 says:

Annie, do you think Maria would bring it up and keep going after it if Kellyanne was not comfortable with it? I figure Kellyanne told her she wanted to address it. The way they talked about it, it reminded me of a couple of friends talking to one another about stuff going on in their lives. Kellyanne didn’t reveal that much, but she let Maria continue to ask pointed questions. I think she wants this info out there. She wouldn’t do it otherwise. The message I got was “I’m a mom first and I’ll go all mama bear on anyone attacking or hurting my kids – that means you, too, George… “

• flova says:

Yes, but being a mama grizzly means at the very least the man you have been married to for umpteen years also is a papa grizzly and would not put his nasty thoughts about her boss on social media,.

The whole things is so out there. Unless,he is being threatened or she is or the kids are or who knows with the Mueller team out there with the FBI swat teams dragging Trump people out of their homes in the wee hours of the morning with CNN filming it?

• Doogiesblog says:

I believe Kellyanne planned to get ahead of the garbage speculation and chose Maria (a fair interviewer who doesn’t slam Trump) to interview her. I bet it was painful for her, but she can now say she has addressed the issue and won’t do so again.
          Maria was just trying to question her for more depth to avoid being just a vapid, softball interview.
          I came out of it liking Kellyanne more for her avoidance of denigrating her husband beyond a simple explanation of the situation. I think she’s staying for the kids!

• meow4me2 says:

Doogie, yes, I noticed she went out of her way to treat her husband with respect in that interview. Good for her. Hold your head up high, Kellyanne, and show your girls how to treat people respectfully even when you disagree.

• Lester Smith says:

It sounds like George is projecting his insecurities on to Trump. He When one cannot hates who they are they usely will transform who they view as a threat into what they fear they are. The man seems insecure and fears being abandoned.

• Madeline says:

Kellyanne also said another network wanted an interview with both of them, George and Kellyanne, in the interview. That is just creepy–like an arbitration or mediation counseling session. Seriously. Must have been CNN.

• deborah foster says:

KAC went on Maria’s show for a reason. Maria is not an enemy and Kellyanne wanted a safe venue to speak out and put an end to the talk. Maria had to not soft peddle the interview for this to work.

• mikeyboo says:

I don’t think Kellyanne was ambushed at all. I think she was fully prepared that this topic would be THE topic of the interview. She may have even suggested such an interview to Bartiromo in order to get ahead of the gossip.

5. Kelly Ann gets smacked by the press and now verbally by her husband for his tweets about Trump. Who paid Georgie boy to start this feud so KAC would quit the administration? Yes, that’s my theory and I’ll stick by it until proven otherwise. How many have PDJT advisors etc., been pushed out over little crap that was overblown by the media? I’m sure there’s a list somewhere.

• Dave Radetsky says:

It may be that no one paid him, but that he chose to do it so that, as you suggest, his wife quits her job. It may simply be about trying to find a way to get her to quit.

6. covfefe_USA says:

What a bizarre situation. The Mr. is undermining his Mrs. (and the Administration) in a very public manner. How mentally abusive. I wonder what his dysfunction is really about.

7. farmerren says:

Several times Kellyanne stated that her children were her first priority. And when I think of that, I believe she knows her children need their dad around, close. That’s love; of her kids.

• lurker2 says:

IMO kids don’t need an abusive dad around. And I would say this guy is abusive toward his wife. She is in pretty much the highest position she could ever attain but there he is trying to wreck it for her. He’s got some serious problems and the kids don’t need to be around that.

• andyocoregon says:

I’m sure she makes enough money to kick that creep to the curb and divorce him. Make him pay huge money for child support.

• davidb says:

His next wife will look like Rosie O’donell, or Madaline Albright. What a slob…talk about being unequally yoked.

• Dave Radetsky says:

The maximum a staff member can make is about $176,000. While that’s a good income, depending on where you live it may not be as good as many think. As for divorce, I thought someone said she’s Catholic and that most likely ties her hands. As for child support, depends on the jurisdiction and the judge. Those things don’t necessarily come easy. I can tell you story after story of people I’ve known in different parts of the country that got settlements that would stun you. One, for example, was a divorce in Colorado. The husband was a successful attorney. His wife had an affair and left him and the kids. She divorced him and after years of battling in court and appealing it, the final decision was that he got custody of the kids and had to pay her maintenance (they don’t call it alimony in Colorado) and child support (yes, he had to pay her child support even though he got custody of the kids) and the total of maintenance and custody was his entire annual income. He ended up having to take a second job to pay his own bills.

• mikeyboo says:

That may be what she is telling herself but George Conway is giving his wife a public beating every time he opens his mouth.

8. gzuf says:

That is exactly what I thought too. Very weird, personal, don’t really know quite what to make of it. Maria was straight to it and Kellyanne defended POTUS well…. Against her husband.. Maria even once or twice was like “Well, isn’t this whole thing kind of…. weird?” and Kellyanne goes on. I feel bad for her but at the same time the whole thing is ridiculous. What a pathetic loser Mr. Kellyanne Conway is.

• At end she says something like I hope this clears it up; uh, no it didn’t…why are you still with a man who attacks your boss and tells you to quit your job when you are at your high point…something more must be going on…I would not tolerate this. I mean the kids are better off out of that environment. Her husband is mentally ill.

9. margarite1 says:

She;s married to a total loser and working for a total winner.

No wonder the loser is jealous but the weird thing is why she stays with the loser when he acts the way he does. I’ve suspected she agrees with husband but won’t say so she can continue to gather info for a possible upcoming book. I remember someone who sat near her accused her of being a leaker because he said he could see her computer screen and saw her doing it.

Who knows?

• Sandra-VA says:

She won’t leave him, no matter what. She has 4 kids and is catholic.

• olderwiser21 says:

Sandra – well, that explains a lot. I did not know that. Aren’t there exceptions for situations of abuse, of which I think Georgie boy is kinda guilty? Speaking of which, aren’t Maria Schriver and Arnold still technically married? Doesn’t the Catholic church make exceptions for allowing divorce when adultery comes to play? His illegitimate son is all grown up now and following in his dad’s body building ways – posts pics of himself all the time trying to look like Arnold in his glory days. Kinda sad, in my view.

• Heroic Dreamer says:

“In sickness and in health.” George is sick with jealousy. She’s not going to leave him over this.

I think if he were physically abusive and/or dangerous to the kids, she would probably leave him.

• olderwiser21 says:

Heroic – you may be right but I think being “mentally abusive” can be every bit as damaging. Georgie HAS to know he hurts his wife when he makes the comments he does about her employer. Come on, man…

• Heroic Dreamer says:

Hi Olderwiser – First, nice exchanging thoughts with you!

So here is my take: “mental abuse” is one of those terms that has no boundaries or real definition. Kelly Anne seems very grounded and quite capable of making her own judgment calls. Also, I just finished studying 1 Peter in which he advises against “meddling” – so I’m not going to meddle in this anymore than I already have!

• Lulu says:

They hand annulments out quite easily now, but if you actually follow Church doctrine and not the corrupted worldly Bishops there are very few reasons for annulment: when Rudy Giuliani found out he’d married his cousin that was legitimate.

It comes down to if the marriage was valid and it wouldn’t be valid if the person you married committed fraud when you married, was a relative, was already married to someone else, etc.

That being said you can get a divorce at any time – it’s just that you can’t remarry, date, etc. because under Church law you are still married unless their is a valid annulment granted.

There are many Catholics who were abandoned or forced to divorce nasty spouses that are active in the Church – they just live in celibacy.

• olderwiser21 says:

Lulu – thanks for the info. I don’t know much about the Catholic church, so it is interesting to hear from insiders.

• Annie Ok says:

Well, I was raised Catholic in the 50s and 60s, and I can tell you the Church ain’t what it used to be. I know someone in Alabama, one of ten kids, whose father donated a lot to the Church and got an annulment. Catholics divorce all of the time. And remarry. Today Catholics pick and choose which rules they are going to follow. Hence the term, “cafeteria Catholics.”

• Sayit2016 says:

Being baptized Catholic.. I know from personal experience, that 20 years ago if a couple was divorcing they would be excommunicated from the church.

• olderwiser21 says:

SayIt – How do you feel about that policy? What is the general consensus among Catholic church members, do you have any idea?

• Sayit2016 says:

For me- I was angry about it, because it was a BIG deal then. When things are going wrong in a persons life and there is some kind of a crisis, the church should be supporting you. I knew as a kid it was not right. I had this discussion with my Priest years later, and when he asked why I left the church, I said THIS is why.

God does not leave us of force us to go away from him… it had a pretty profound effect on my life at the time. The same with 3 other families I know..

• livefreeordieguy says:

Annulments are easy to get these days… And were so even in 1983… One of the most high-profile people to have received an annulment from the Catholic Church was Senator Teddy Kennedy. The Massachusetts Democrat received the annulment from his first wife, Joan, in the 1990s after he admitted that he wasn’t being honest when he vowed he would be faithful to her. The couple, who married in 1958, divorced in 1983. Imagine that? “I want an annulment after 25 years because I really didn’t mean it when I said I would be faithful to Joan… I knew I would sleep around and now I want the Church to free me up technically to do so and still receive Communion”…

• Heroic Dreamer says:

I agree. It’s not complicated.

She took vows. She and George have small children. She is not going to divorce because George is now consumed with jealousy.

• mopar2016 says:

Maybe she should be a stay at home mom.
        The ongoing nonsense between her and her husband is getting really stupid.
        She’s obviously afraid to let Maria ask her any real questions.

• lurker2 says:

Maybe she should be a stay at home mom.

Don’t even go there.

If she should do anything she should unburden herself of that abusive pile of poop known as her husband.

• Abster says:

That would be my guess as well.

• amjean says:

In the Catholic religion one can leave an abusive spouse; the Catholic religion just
        doesn’t believe in divorce. That is, unless, one gets divorced and wants to be remarried in the Church; for a few thousand one can get a “religious” annulment. Don’t argue with this one; my brother was divorced with two children and paid $4000.00 to get it done.

• wightmanfarm says:

Oh, so there are no divorced roman catholics? HA

• Yes, she is Catholic; and a marriage reflects the bond between Christ and His Church – a spousal bond. The marriage is truly until “death do us part”. There is no Catholic ‘divorce’ – an annulment means that a true marriage never existed in the first place – i.e. one of the partners AT THE TIME the marriage vows were made (not after), did not have the ability to be in a marriage.

Practising Catholics (not CINOS – of which there are many), take marriage very, very seriously, and they mirror that for their children.

• mikeyboo says:

As a Catholic, it may be difficult for her to get a divorce but she is not prevented from separating from an abusive spouse.

• Annie Ok says:

She agrees with her husband? Are you kidding? She’s a leaker???? I seriously doubt it. What a weird, trollish point of view.

• margarite1 says:

Sorry…but she’s been accused of that by a person who worked with her and saw her computer screen. Who knows if it’s true since D.C. is packed with liars but I keep it in my things to consider drawer.

Too bad CTH doesn’t have a way of showing a person’s previous posts or length of time on the site. I resent you you playing the troll card.

10. This is all just way too bizarre.

Her finger pointing at the media comes across as ridiculous given her husband’s propensity to publicly rant about her boss and thus jeopardizing her career.

smh

11. convert says:

I agree, Sundance. I think it’s just appalling that her husband is doing this. And I am astonished she is calling him out publicly and standing with the President! My goodness, how sad and embarrassing this whole thing is to their children.

12. George decided to make it public. Unfortunately, Kellianne had to go to a sympathetic show to try and diffuse his remarks. I think the marriage is over or close to it. We don’t need to know more.

• Dave says:

Agreed. No one had a gun George’s head when he decided to air the family’s “dirty laundry”. Because of that, the media is trying to draw Kellianne into the mess so it becomes another distraction to the dem agenda, which is to get to and weaken the President in every way possible, no matter what the cost. She handled the interview in the best possible way, considering the circumstances IMHO.

13. Bullseye says:

I admire Kelly strong lady

14. woohoowee says:

Yeah, pretty uncomfortable to watch. Articles about the whole brouhaha have been the top of Google newz all day.

15. Robert Smith says:

This is her dream job and the pinnacle of her profession. Kellyanne doesn’t want to give it up whatever her husband’s issues are.

• Robert Smith says:

And besides that, look at what she’s part of and helped make happen.

• Kitty Kat says:

This garbage is bad for the Trump admin imo; they already have enough problems without this. At what point will this ugly distraction be not worth it to the admin? Then, if they get her to resign, they’ll have to deal with criticism that the Trump admin treated her badly.

• Robert Smith says:

I don’t think they’ll ask her to resign. I’d rather be talking about something else but maybe Conway is supposed to distract Trump from the crushing inertia of Spygate revelations.

• Sayit2016 says:

Trump is standing 100 % with her. It is not bad for his admin… Trump just does not kick people to the curb who have been LOYAL to him.

16. Mari in SC (thankfully no longer MD) says:

That’s an amazing interview by a strong woman. I really like Maria’s interviews and morning show, even though I am no longer watching Fox. Maria asked the questions that people want answered and Kelly was very forthright and strong in her responses. Thank you for posting this.

• Guffman says:

As well as Kellyanne seems to be holding on to her sanity regarding this bizarro situation with her a-hole of a husband, I question how long she can remain in Trump’s inner circle with this massive distraction going on. I have sympathy for her, but her personal problems are becoming the President’s problems, and that is something he doesn’t need added to his plate.

I would imagine this is getting extremely uncomfortable for ALL of her coworkers at the Whitehouse by now too, as no one is exactly sure what to say regarding the fatheaded elephant in the room. IMO, Kellyanne needs to either dump this POS, or take some time off, or resign, until this issue is dealt with and put to bed.

• Annie Ok says:

I don’t know… I thought Maria B. was pretty hard on her, digging into painful areas of her life — relentlessly. It’s no one’s business, really. Kellyanne should not be caught between her boss and her husband. Imagine a man whose wife was publicly bitchy about his 12 hour a day job being grilled like that. The problem today is that there is NO such thing as privacy. When you attack an individual’s privacy, you attack that individual. This is what happens in socialism — no privacy, no individual.

17. Bluto says:

The toad-like loser can’t succeed in his own life so he decides to publicly humiliate his rich and successful wife by attacking her boss and by proxy her. If he is this mentally abusive to his wife, how does he treat his 4 children?

• Robert Smith says:

I thought he was a partner in major law firm? Anyway, in DC it’s the political pull that carries weight.

• olderwiser21 says:

Bluto – my thoughts exactly. Staying in a marriage with a sick, mentally abusive jealous husband is NOT the best thing for anyone, IMO.

• Dave says:

The way he went about his business publicly instead of keeping his differences private tells me he would have been a bad choice to serve in a capacity within an administration he vehemently disagrees with. I am glad it came out BEFORE he was hired, and eventually proved to be an embarrassment to PDJT. He knowingly was up to no good. He has no respect for his wife, therefore screw him!

• mikeyboo says:

I agree, Bluto. The fact that he abuses THEIR MOTHER, is abuse of those children! George Conway may be holding something over his wife’s head that he threatens to make public if she ever tries to divorce him. At this point, she is the poster child for “Women Who Love Too Much”.

18. mark says:

I’m fed up with this soap opera with POTUS now having to be involved. It is not beneficial to POTUS. Kelly Ann please resign ASAP and spare the nation any more of your husband’s embarrassing behavior.

19. Concerned AL Mon says:

KAC was careful to state several times that this was out of character for her husband, that he did not engage in Twitter during the election and that this is not his previous normal behavior. I felt that she was trying to say something without actually spelling it out.

20. woohoowee says:

The key to a long successful marriage: Sometimes one of you has to learn to shut up.

(They’ll replace Dr. Phil with moi any day now 😂 )

21. mazziflol says:

Good thing this important interview came out…I was starting to become distracted by all that unfettered illegal border crossing and illegal releases into our country by the 1000s.

• olderwiser21 says:

mazzi – IKR? I mean, it’s not like we haven’t just uncovered the biggest political scandal in the history of the United States or anything……I wonder who inside the deep state is paying Georgie to divert attention away from them.

22. trapper says:

It’s not weird that this is going on publicly, because George made it public. I suspect he is going through a really rough patch, his wife is trying to be supportive, but neither of them know what to do. “For better, for worse.” Well, this is the “worse” part. I guarantee you, this is much harder on George going through it than it is on those around him watching him go through it. There are resources available. Get help.

23. bessie2003 says:

Given the situation I thought it was a great interview.

Odd situation for sure, but to see her standing her ground, which is what all the feminists claim they support but really only if it benefits their viewpoint of the moment, she now, even if momentarily, becomes a living example for other women who’s spouse would rather throw public tantrums to belittle her in public for some internal marital power play game.

Tough woman.

Who apparently also wants to do what she can to make America great again.

Apparently at a personal price given it’s her husband playing the games.

24. citizen817 says:

Good interview… sincere.
    Whatever the problem, it’s not up to us to decide what is best for KAC.

• olderwiser21 says:

Citizen – so true and I would have preferred not to know about any of it. However, now it’s out there and people just naturally comment. I am sure most of us are concerned for their well being. KellyAnne is such a rock star. It’s hard to see her go through this.

25. NJF says:

Very bizarre situation. Obviously no one knows hat goes on behind closed doors. Whatever is going on I’m sure POTUS is aware & is ok with the overall situation bc he could easily get rid of her. She’s not approved by the senate.

Very sad. Maybe they aren’t living together?

26. Sorry, but this interview was a bad idea that turned into a train wreck.

I thought Kelly Anne was smarter than that. Maria is not freakin’ Oprah- if KAC wanted to do a show on her family problems, she should not have done it here. Maria is a serious person, one of the best, if not the best hosts on Fox or anywhere else. I think the way she sort of cringed shows that she was probably thinking WTF is going on. I know I was.

Can anyone tell me what exactly was the point of this embarrassing episode? I didn’t know Kelly Anne was into public humiliation.

• One other thing I forgot to mention- if Kelly Anne cares so much about her boss, our President Trump and her children, then she should have dealt with this in the privacy of her own home- not on a national news show.

• olderwiser21 says:

I agree, Seneca. I think this interview only drew more attention to an already personal matter. It was unfortunate.

• Roni says:

Maybe she gave the ok for Maria to bring it up? It provided an opportunity for KAC to address the matter calmly rather than having MSM types screaming questions at you from the sidelines. She can now say that she has already commented on the issue, and has nothing further to say.
        Leaving ur support system, a job (his), relocating, uprooting children who had friends/classmates, living on one income in an hostile/expensive area, crazy hours in a high pressure environment can take a toll on any family.
        Seeing photos of them before their move to DC, they appeared to be a happy family.

• meow4me2 says:

She mentioned several times he was successful. So maybe he’s having trouble finding a position he likes and would rather she quit and they move back to NY area? Anyway, his behavior is classic passive aggressive to me. He’s not attacking her directly, but he’s shivving her all the same.

27. Clara says:

Kelly Ann is not indispensible in the White House. Does anyone even know what she does? I don’t think she would be difficult for Trump to replace. At this point I put ALL of the blame squarely on HER shoulders for this situation. She should do the only honorable thing, if her husband is out in public totally trashing her boss, and RESIGN. She is putting Trump in a terrible position. I think he could even be in an UNSAFE position. George Conway seems extremely angry and unstable. He could follow Kelly Ann into work one day and do the unthinkable. I really think this is a possible scenario. He is that unhinged.

• jackphatz says:

She made it a point to mention it was not like George Conway to tweet. Why would you say that then not explain your words?
        There is so much more then meets the eye here. She could have ended all this in the beginning by saying something to the effect that as a couple they are at a bad place, then just refuse to say more. For whatever the reason, his tweeting is opening the door for her to leave. Maybe it’s the timing, no need for her now.
        This is just too beyond bizarre.
        I’m reminded of Melania stating there were people in the WH who should not be trusted.

• margarite1 says:

I don’t see how they can live under the same roof unless there is actually some agreement with her husband that she’s keeping to herself. POTUS doesn’t need any more backstabbing books…he needs someone to help him with his campaign….ergo… he needs her to stay. Although I could be totally wrong.

But the husband pulling the rug out from under his wife in public is totally bizarre and insulting to her.

• Lulu says:

She’s one of the top political pollers in the business. Had her own polling firm for years.

• margarite1 says:

Well, there is a campaign coming up and she did pretty well with the last one….

Maybe she’ll go after DJT wins again.

Clara – sadly, I agree.

• tvollrath66 says:

He is the one that did this not her. Why would should she give up the 2nd best job of her life because he is a psycho…she probably says get a divorce.
      He must be the type that wont divorce her. Just going to make her suffer till she quits. I dont think she will. She stood with the president. First best job is mother to her kids.

• Milena says:

This is what “leftists” in this country want…KellyAnne to resign…they hate her…she is strong and always has the right answer…her husband is a Loser…and he should “shut up”…his really stupid TWEETS..how low he can go? just poor LOSER

• Trump's Hammer says:

This was basically what I said four days ago.

There’s NO WAY George is doing this without consent. Trust me, not liking a politician isn’t enough of a motivator if your life is hell at home – which tells me his life is not hell at home, which tells me she’s complicit.

Can any guy (or gal for that matter) imagine yourself continually haranguing your spouse’s boss in public without your spouse’s consent? I can’t.

Now, if Trump wants her for 2020, then fine, but he should tamp this down. She has the power to do that and Trump is her boss, so you tell me why there’s drama.

28. Lulu says:

I actually think he’s not jealous of his wife’s success so much as he can’t stand his wife working for a man who makes him feel insecure.

I’ve long thought the TDS you see in many men is analogous to women who hate the really beautiful woman. They hate the wealthy, confident, alpha male.

• Clara says:

I’ve said many times, and I truly believe, that many of the men who hate Trump do so out of extreme jealousy. Even some of the really successful ones, like Bruce Springsteen and Tom Hanks, hate Trump mostly because he is more successful than they are. He’s a billionaire to their millions. He is married to one of the most beautiful women in the world. His children all seem to love and adore him. And he actually did what they only fantasized about doing — he went from no experience in politics to President of the United States, in the span of two years.

• merlintobie says:

agree – TDS is “daddy issues” on a national scale

the broken home problem has come home to roost

29. Attorney at Law says:

My opinion may be wildly unpopular, however I think it’s best if she gave her resignation. It’s disconcerting that this even a discussion.

President Trump has enough flies he must swat, he certainly doesn’t need another added to the swarm.

Something is very wrong with this scenario. Again just my personal thoughts.

• olderwiser21 says:

Attorney – yes, agreed. The President should not have to make a public statement defending one of his staff against personal attacks made by their spouse. Very unseemly. He has enough going on without this distraction.

• lolli says:

Actually, after watching this mess, I agree.
      It seemed to me, she skirted questions if she had spoken to hubby about his tweets.
      I almost felt she is ok with his tweets and just thinks everyone should mind their own business, yet hubby tweeting away at PT. Can’t have it both ways.
      Not quite trusting KAC.
      Just my take, and definitely could be wrong and hope I am. She has a lot of data. 😳

• lurker2 says:

What you are proposing is that an abusive husband be able to knock his wife out of the top spot she will ever achieve in her career. So then she is twice victimized.

30. Don McAro says:

You know…After all the attacks on Conservatives by Leftists… Restaurants, attacks in the streets, homes being destroyed… I think this is when George started to attack the President…I really think her husband is doing this so the Leftists stay away from them when they are out….and don’t bother them at home…

its just too weird…

31. Polish Rifle says:

George hasn’t caught a glimpse of Little Georgie in over 30 years. He is an impotent eunuch who is not important.

32. mopar2016 says:

I thought that an interview involved more than one person.
    That was more like a rambling defensive statement on the part of Kellyanne.
    She should’ve stepped down a long time ago. I would’ve fired her two years ago.
    George Conway is the new Martha Mitchell.

33. stats guy says:

DC is a vile place. Her comment about gumshoe reporters spending their days watching TV and twitter is right on…our ‘press corps’ is no more than a leftist mob of infotainers, performance artists that feel empowered to say whatever is on their small mind. Mouths and bigger than brains.

And the comment about a man gaining power thru his wife…that’s interesting. George is a non-body, his single claim to ‘fame’ is that gum-shoe reporters pay attention to his tweets so as to attack Trump.

We are watching a morbid circus, the socialists are out of control and their lacky press apparatus is a combo of E! TV and some Kafka like hell hole.

And I hope that KellyAnne persists.

• stats guy says:

Mouths are bigger than brains. (typing too fast)

• olderwiser21 says:

OK – here we go and I am sure this won’t be popular, but if I were in this position, I would apologize to my boss for what had happened, hand in my immediate resignation, divorce that stupid s.o.b. of a “husband” and I use that term loosely, take my kids and move as far away from that stinking swamp hole as I could get. Nothing would be worth this type of humiliation and aggravation to me. My two cents…

• Trump's Hammer says:

You assume she disagrees and is honorable about it. Either of these assumptions could be false, in which case, this all makes sense.

• olderwiser21 says:

Maybe – I honestly don’t think she is in on some scheme with her hubby to discredit the President, though. It isn’t logical and it just makes them both look really bad. Why bother when there are so many others out there bad mouthing our President day and night?

• lolli says:

Ya, if the kids come first, that is exactly right.

• lurker2 says:

If you were at the pinnacle of your career and your spouse betrayed you, would you quit your job? That won’t stop the a-hole hubby from spouting off, he’ll just get louder.

• andyocoregon says:

So, how would she support those four children if she quit her job?
        Maybe her slug of a husband wants her to resign.

• meow4me2 says:

Yes, Andy, I think GC is trying to force her to resign or force the President to can her. If it were me, I’d stand my ground. Yes, I love my kids. I want to make sure they’re okay and I can be here for them. But I can’t show them it’s okay for your husband to treat you like dirt. Respect for each other is necessary to a marriage and GC is being very disrespectful. Frankly, he’s being a bully and I just don’t bow down to bullies. Maybe KC is the same way.

• olderwiser21 says:

Andy, I am sure someone as talented as KA could EASILY get another job, start her own polling company again or be hired as a consultant with absolutely no problem. Plus, Georgie boy would be required to pay child support if he has an income.

• nats1mom says:

Stats guy, you nailed it! I watched the entire interview and, IMO, Maria was poking at KellyAnne trying to get KellyAnne to open-up more than necessary. I thought Maria stepped over the line with a few questions to KellyAnne. I admire KellyAanne, she has always voiced her opinion in a careful manner, always giving the benefit of doubt to the other side. The public must quit the role of arm-chair psychiatrists and marriage counselors. Look the other way…

• wightmanfarm says:

All Kelly Ann had to say, I refuse to answer any personal questions. Something’s up. She wanted this topic to come up. There’s no way a husband does this stuff w/o wifey being in on it. I smell a rat somewhere.

• Kitty Kat says:

I think she probably shopped around for someone to interview her about it, so she could say her piece, but got more than she bargained for in Maria.

34. tvollrath66 says:

I dont blame her for being mad about people trying to play her like she should do what her husband says. She said plain and simple she has not changed its him. I suppose she is waiting for him to divorce her. He is like i didnt get the job i want so you need to quit. She is like why are you questioning me (to the media) like i did something wrong. The president is having to defend her. The media should be saying look at how this freak is treating her. They hate the president so bad they show their true colors in EVERYTHING.

• t vollrath- the problem I have is that Kelly Anne showed very poor judgement by doing this interview. It does not inspire trust in someone who is this important to our President and his future election. She should have dealt with this extremely personal matter in private. It’s nobody’s business what goes on between her and her crazy husband. This interview was just too much information.

• tvollrath66 says:

I agree. But her husband keeps talking about it. The msm wants her gone because they want everyone gone from the president. She cant just hide from them. She said ask him….it is crazy.

35. Doppler says:

I thought I heard echoes of her fights with her husband – we made the decision to move here together as a family, George could have had a high ranking DOJ appointment, but something happened, the kids are most important.

It’s ironic he “snapped” by publicly characterizing his wife’s job as part of a “s***show in a dumpster fire,” because that’s what he’s now making of their “power couple” relationship. Ironic, too, because KAC’s strengths include helping her boss avoid some of the self-inflicted harm such tabloid fare can have on the President.

I suspect something happened either in George’s relationship with the President, or his relationships with his partners and clients, or both, that negatively affects his self-image, as her husband. Going from “partner” to “of counsel” probably cost him a lot in terms of income and status within his firm, and without the high level government service to polish his resume with that he’d planned on.

It’s hard to imagine he planned out the consequences of initiating a twitter feud with President Trump, so he comes off looking like he’s in a downward spiral, and is taking it out by being abusive towards his wife and family.

36. lurker2 says:

It’s extremely difficult when your spouse betrays you. It could be a year or more before she figures out what she needs to do. But leaving her job isn’t going to fix the problem, she shouldn’t have to sacrifice her career because she’s married to an abusive a-hole..

• olderwiser21 says:

Lurker – no, she shouldn’t have to leave her job, but I wouldn’t stay married to the guy either. Not good for her OR her children. However, this is only an outsider’s opinion as we have no idea as to what is really happening in that marriage. Very sad for KA. Georgie looks like an idiot. A crazy idiot.

37. Michael Hennessy says:

It’s “word” because her husband put her in a very awkward and no win position. I would imagine this has more to do with their marriage than with Trump.

38. Sparky5253 says:

My guess is that the Conway marriage is on life support. A bizarre interview which KAC should have declined.

39. Scott Norris says:

She works for Trump, is married to a lump. Trump’s the better man!

40. Chilidog says:

This is very bizarre. He is publicly humiliating his wife. Kellyanne has been accused of duplicitous behavior in the past. Joe and Mika have accused her of vigorously defending Trump in public, while trashing him in private. She has been accused of leaking to the press while dictating a denial of leaking to an aide. Perhaps George knows how she really feels and wants her to quit her job but she won’t.

41. Harvey Lipschitz says:

Kellyanne has gotten a lot of Teevee attention. If we popped up his picture, 99% of America could not name him.

I have had successful women work for me and tell me their fathers even told them they would never amount to much.

This guy wanted a job in Trump world and got rejected.

42. LafnH20 says:

George Thomas Conway III is an American attorney. Conway was on the short list of candidates considered by President Donald Trump for United States Solicitor General prior to the nomination in March 2017 of Noel Francisco for that position. He was subsequently considered for Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division at the U.S. Department of Justice. He is married to Kellyanne Conway, a political consultant who is a Counselor to the President for Trump. During 2018, he emerged as a sharp critic of Trump.

….

Legal career –

snip…
    On March 17, 2017, Conway was reported to be the nominee as Assistant Attorney General to head the Civil Division at the U.S. Department of Justice.owever, on June 2, 2017, he announced that he declined to pursue the post.[14][15] On November 16, 2018, Conway stated that a reason he did not join the Trump administration is because it is “like a shitshow in a dumpster fire.”[16]

snip…

In November 2018, Conway organized a group, “Checks and Balances,” composed of more than a dozen members of the conservative-libertarian Federalist Society, which had been instrumental in selecting candidates for the Trump administration to appoint to federal courts. The New York Times reported the group is “urging their fellow conservatives to speak up about what they say are the Trump administration’s betrayals of bedrock legal norms,” with group member John Bellinger stating “Conservative lawyers are not doing enough to protect constitutional principles that are being undermined by the statements and actions of this president.”[19]

Very interesting read on Wiki.
    Follow the links within the text and it sure seems, the mist-er, could use some of that soothing buthurt ointment I’ve heard so much about. 🤔
    Dr. Somebody or other.
    Or was it sauve?
    Balm….
    🤔

If I may….

Go beat the crap out of a telephone pole with a Nerf bat…. If you have to get something off your chest.
    Or… talk to a therapist.

I’m Purdy sure… there is a panoply of “TDS” Specialists in & around DC.

Just trying to halp!!!

43. andyocoregon says:

I still am astonished how great a memory Kellyanne shows in every interview.

44. Risasi says:

George Conway = Nabal.

45. sunnyflower5 says:

She said “George Conway” didn’t exist before 2016- never a tweet.
    A public personality that she hasn’t seen before. It’s a curious interview.
    Keep breaking those glass ceilings, Kellyanne. Thank you for all work you do.

46. sarasotosfan says:

George is fronting for his law firm. This is probably tied to the DOJ/FBI twisting of the law like it’s a pretzel and the attorneys behind the scene protecting a client.

47. one last caress says:

GUESS: Mister Kellyanne was a leaker early in the administration (a lucrative endeavour)… he was found out through the leak investigations and Kellyanne was informed… she decided not to inform George he was busted but to instead just give him nothing to leak (no more pillow talk)… he eventually figured out that he was getting nothing and has decided to get even by publicly embarrassing Kelly…

48. Summer says:

You forgot that Kellyanne was against Trump before she was for Trump. I remember her tweets during the primary. Her husband George was against Trump as well at the time, there is no doubt about it.

She “changed her mind” because of the package deal Mercer made with the Trump campaign.That’s how Bannon and Conway got prominent positions, not because they were strong Trump supporters at the time. Further down the road Kellyanne played the role admirably, unlike Bannon who wanted to control Trump and failed. She adjusted her attitude and became a real asset eventually. POTUS certainly thinks so.

George, on the other hand, probably experienced cognitive dissonance and eventually snapped because of the lack of positive reinforcement. Had he gotten the job he desired, he would have felt less inclined to publicly express his resentment and personal dislike of Trump, and we would have never been treated to this disgraceful show. The guy can’t help it, he must vent or he would explode. Similar to how Cruz behaved during the Convention. Emotions sometimes override common sense.

#DoctorSummerAnalysis

49. Amy2 says:

Well, I just gained a whole lot more respect for KellyAnne Conway! What a horrible situation to be in. She was ever so graceful under fire. Maria asked the same questions I would have, so she was doing her job as well.
    1. The president is defending a loyal employee. Kudos to him, standing up for the lady (even though it puts her in a tough spot.
    2. Perhaps Mr. Conway will learn something from his wife’s wonderful example.
    3. If Mr. Conway not getting a job at the White House had anything to do with a decision by the president, the president OBVIOUSLY made the right call.
    4. Shame on you Mr. Conway for embarrassing your wife publicly. Obviously it’s all about you. What did you just teach your children about marriage and husbands and wives supporting each other? Yes, nothing.

• Amy- nobody forced Kelly Anne to do this horrible interview. She was an embarrassment to herself and our President.

• Amy2 says:

You know she’s going to be asked about this every time she does an interview. There is no way she embarrassed the president. Her words about him were positive and respectful. The only person she embarrassed was her husband, which is fine, because he deserved it.

50. I just went and re-watched the train wreck. I cringed even more than I did the first time.
    Try it. Kelly Anne is just not making sense. At one point she even says her hubby wants her to quit her job. As Maria keeps saying “it’s so odd.”

Very scary lapse in judgment. This cannot stand. Not as we go into an epic battle to save our Country. It is going to be the battle of our lifetime.

Kelly Anne’s first concern as she keeps saying is her 4 children which is understandable.

That being said- she has shown she is no longer suitable for her position in my estimation. Kelly Anne does not know how to deal with the daily, never ending attacks the way our President does. This interview shows how much of a liability she has become. I don’t know how she can recover from this.