President Trump gave an exclusive interview to the Daily Caller.  Part of that interview entailed President Trump outlining the back-story behind him signing the Omnibus spending bill and a promise from Paul Ryan.

[Transcript]THE DAILY CALLER: Well, the people who elected you are very interested in the immigration decision and what’s going on with this negotiation. Republicans in charge of Congress for two years didn’t get to your wall promise in Congress. How big of a roadblock to wall funding was Paul Ryan, now that he’s gone?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Well, I was going to veto the omnibus bill and Paul told me in the strongest of language, ‘Please don’t do that, we’ll get you the wall.’ And I said, ‘I hope you mean that, because I don’t like this bill,’ although I love the bill for what it did for the military. And therefore, if it weren’t for the military, I would have vetoed it.

So that was a negative, but a big factor as to why that was the reason I signed it. But another very big factor was the fact that Paul told me in the strongest of terms that, ‘please sign this and if you sign this we will get you that wall.’ Which is desperately needed by our country. Humanitarian crisis, trafficking, drugs, you know, everything — people, criminals, gangs, so, you know, we need the wall.

And then he went lame duck. And once he went lame duck it was just really an exercise in waving to people and the power was gone so I was very disappointed. I was very disappointed in Paul because the wall was so desperately needed. And I’ll get the wall.

THE DAILY CALLER: Did he lie to you? Did he play you?

TRUMP: I don’t want to say he lied. I think he probably meant it at the time, I guess. I hope. So I don’t call that lying. But when he went lame duck, meaning, he said he’s not running again — and it was very unusual because usually they’ll do that sometime after an election and he didn’t want to do that because it’s somewhat misrepresenting and I understand that too. But maybe you don’t run, okay? Maybe you just don’t run. And he had an excellent person taking his place in Congress, he ran a really great campaign, did a really good job.

So Paul said, please sign the omnibus bill. Now, in all fairness to Paul, I may have signed it anyway because it was so much more money than anyone ever thought possible for the military and equal to the wall, and maybe even greater than the wall was my promise to refurbish the military.  (More)

Moral of the story: Never Trust a NeverTrumper….

Additional Transcript of POTUS Discussing Mueller HERE

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Legislation, Notorious Liars, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

446 Responses to POTUS Interview: Speaker Ryan Lied on Border Wall Funding Promise to Get Omnibus Signed…

1. paulraven1 says:

Shocking naivete and poor executive judgment to believe Paul Ryan.

• NYSE says:

Paul Ryan may have been the most out of touch person in Congress and I believe he admitted so.

• hoop says:

Paul Ryan had every possible Chamber of Commerce and Fortune 500 Lobbyist at his beck and call for years….

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. = Following orders of his Biggest Donors.

• Orville R. Bacher says:

Paul Ryan took his orders from Rome. He knew so long as he kissed the ring, all his lies would be forgiven.

• cali says:

@hoop: ^^^^^^^^This! And then some……!

Paul Ryan is part of the SpyGate and wanted to see president Trump removed. When you sell your soul to evil you’ll have no way out. Getting in is easy but there is never an exit.

Hussein, Brennan andHRC et al saw to it that he did his part as we was a compromised congress man ergo he left DC.
          There is a sealed indictment with his name on it that in due time will drop.

Even now thinking we have a senate majority turns out to be a farce as 6 out of the 53 republican senators are NeverTrumpers that will continue to sabotage and obstruct president Trump.

• Zippy says:

“He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. = Following orders of his Biggest Donors.”

Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens
          Princeton University, 2014

ABSTRACT:

Each of four theoretical traditions in the study of American politics—which can be characterized as theories of Majoritarian Electoral Democracy, Economic-Elite Domination, and two types of interest-group pluralism, Majoritarian Pluralism and Biased Pluralism—offers different predictions about which sets of actors have how much influence over public policy: average citizens; economic elites; and organized interest groups, mass-based or business-oriented.

A great deal of empirical research speaks to the policy influence of one or another set of actors, but until recently it has not been possible to test these contrasting theoretical predictions against each other within a single statistical model. We report on an effort to do so, using a unique data set that includes measures of the key variables for 1,779 policy issues.

Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence. The results provide substantial support for theories of Economic-Elite Domination and for theories of Biased Pluralism, but not for theories of Majoritarian Electoral Democracy or Majoritarian Pluralism.

• Mrs. E says:

Yes he did! Paul Ryan did everything he could to help destroy America. Where do these traitors come from, and why was he here, since he hates America?!? I am so fed up with them.

• John Allan Wilson says:

“I don’t want to say he lied. I think he probably meant it at the time, I guess.” President Trump named the George Costanza defense re the weasel weight lifter narcisist Ryan.

• farmhand1927 says:

Unfortunately for the safety, sovereignty, freedom, enjoyment and financial solvency of America, Paul Ryan was most definitely NOT out of touch in Congress. He knew exactly what he was doing every step of the way. He received his marching orders from the moment Donald Trump sealed the nomination.

Paul Ryan was fully aware of the undertow to thwart our President’s election, the bribing of electoral college delegates, his Inauguration and the plan to have him removed from office within tne first year.

Paul Ryan should have to meet Angel Families face to face and explain why he sold out America and refused to fund the wall.

• chipin8511 says:

Ryan left before he got indicted he is part of the NEver Trumpers and the pee dossier don’t forget he is a slimeball in many ways rotten to the core.

• Saying Ryan was ‘Out of Touch’ projects the image that Paul Ryan was a naive soul who in essence was guilty by reason of insanity. Paul Ryan was far from out of touch, he knew exactly what he was doing and it was premeditated.

• covfefe999 says:

You are claiming that Trump is naive and has poor executive judgment? Please stop trolling.

• farmhand1927 says:

So, Donald Trump was supposed to throw Ryan off that balcony a couple days before the Inauguration and announce to the world, “I am not shockingly naïve, nor do I have poor judgment, thus, I do not believe Paul Ryan. I refuse to even attempt to work with him and on Day One I refuse to acknowledge the Constitutional constraints on the Executive Branch. At the first sign that I get pushback from Congress, I will work on my own, refuse to acknowledge there are three branches of government and ignore the fact I do not control spending. When judges defy me, I will push forward in spite of them. I will bulldoze my way as quickly toward impeachment and removal as possible, ensuring I don’t keep any campaign promises.”

As it stands, based on a turncoat just elected to the Senate and long timer’s in the Senate that are as unreliable and traitorous toward our President as any ingrained Democrat, President Trump essentially stands alone.

Six Repub’s voted with the Dem’s border bill last week. Since then, Rubio, McConnell and others have gained more confidence to publicly defy President Trump, along with Admin officials. While some here grumble that our President isn’t getting enough done fast enough, that he is naïve and has poor judgment, please know staffers for Republicans in Congress read your words. Please understand what emboldens Congress to obstruct and what that may well mean when votes on impeachment/removal are held. Exactly where do we stand? Better pick your side and go to war over what you believe, pretty damned quick.

An anonymous letter was sent to The Daily Caller 2 weeks ago written by a WH staffer that supports the President. The writer revealed spending 15% of each work day on the President’s agenda and 85% of each day beating back the saboteurs working in the West Wing, of which there is a great majority.

How does the President’s base respond? Some become the all-knowing armchair quarterbacks. Without any inside information, they sit in judgment and make statements on blogs such as “Building the wall is simple, get it done.” “I’m done.” “Trump caved.”. As they criticize and refuse to accept the obvious obstruction and non-stop undermining of absolutely everything this President proposes, the Pelosi-Schumer Cabal and the media clap their filthy hands at the very good news that “Trump is losing his base.”

Donald Trump is America’s last best hope. For those here & elsewhere so disgruntled & disappointed, consider the fact that he has completed 2 years. The scorekeepers seem to think he should have already gotten everything done by now that normally takes 8 years.

Keep grumbling if it makes you feel better. If you join the Left and destroy this Presidency, you’ll get another Romney/Ryan type ticket and your new president will be a Kamela Harris/Rashida Tlaib type administration.

MAGA wasn’t happening nearly quick enough so the House was lost last November. Question is, what’s the content of the base’s character going into next year’s election? Summer soldiers? Or will we unite and fight? Will we refuse to be the House minority and do we have the endurance to do whatever it takes to win back that House we so foolishly let slip from our grasp?

It’s becomingly alarmingly easy to find negativity here. This used to he the bastion of faith, freedom fighters and hale, hearty & determined souls. My heart breaks for my President.

“Trust the Man: Here’s a Growing Map of Deep State Conspirators Who Have Been Fired”

• Its 5 O'Clock Somewhere says:

BRAVO FARMHAND!!!!

• fuzzi says:

^^^^ This should have 1000s of Likes. Thanks for taking the time to type it.

• Shark24 says:

farmhand, excellent post, thank you. Reflects my feelings pretty darn close.

• MTeresa says:

Farmhand, I always look forward to your responses. Thank you – once again spot on.

I’m so sick of people like Ann Coulter. Ye of little faith…………

• TexanInFL says:

I say “HEAR, HEAR!”. The one thing that has really aggravated me is that WE allowed the Democrats to take the House. Trump insured that the Senate gained seats but we sat on our butts and moaned about the “R” that we had to vote for…I (Florida) had a good “R” to vote for but I am furious that we allowed it to happen…THEN we pick to death EVERYTHING that our POTUS does (or that is reported he does). I don’t blindly follow anyone…just put your big boy/girl pants on and stand strong behind our POTUS. Pray for him, support him and stop WHINING!!

• Firefly says:

Right on. We’re all in a much bigger fight than we realized. We need to prepare to dig in – not surrender. We’re at a Patrick Henry moment in history.

• Zippy says:

“This used to he the bastion of faith”

Sorry, results are what -I- look for.

NONE of the most popular promises which got him elected and the ones which are essential for the very SURVIVAL of conservatism in this country because they would prevent an otherwise mathematically INEVITABLE and PERMANENT shift in the national political demographics to the LEFT have been addressed, that shift coming from the importation, legal and otherwise, of high birth rate 3rd Worlders who consistently vote 70-80% LEFT.

Since most Reps really ARE NOT small government conservatives and are OWNED by many of the same lobbies, like the Chamber of Commerce, as the Dims, PDJT is up against the wishes of the entire UniParty.

The only fix cannot be an incremental one coming from lower levels of “the system.” The only fix must be from a HEROIC President who simply vetoes -ANYTHING- that doesn’t get him EXACTLY what he wants, closing down the ENTIRE freaking fedgov if necessary and going on TV to tell citizens that if they want their fedgov checks flowing again to contact their “representatives” and DEMAND they give him the PALTRY amount he wants. In the case of just the wall, he can simply order the DOD to build ALL of it ASAP, something which he CAN do without declaring a national emergency according to the very recent testimony before CONgress from a relevant DOD official who would know.

• BillofRights says:

LIKE!!!

• farmhand- this is one of your BEST most inspiring posts. I hope you spread it around. You have said things that really need saying during these treacherous times.

Thank you.

• farmhand1927 says:

Thanks, Seneca. The older I get, the more I realize how little time we have left to save our country. I have no patience with the “He’s not doing enough, fast enough!” crowd. Guess that shows a bit…

You speak truth and common sense, too, Seneca, and I learn alot from your comments. Sometimes it’s not so bad being ‘the elders’ around here, right??!!

• farmhand- RIGHT ON to everything you’re saying. Patience is still a virtue. And I have to remind myself of that all the time as I tend to have a pretty explosive temper, especially when it concerns governmental wrongdoing.

That being said- you are so right that we DON’T have a lot of time left to save our Country. If our President Trump doesn’t get it right, we may not have another chance.

• Raj says:

I completely agree. I am sick and tired of people nit picking the only hope we have: VSGDJT!!!! What’s to account for this? It’s this plague we have from the MSM who continuously attack/mock/impugn the POTUS in an incessant manner every day. Who in their right mind would allow this to happen to them? Only POTUS!! He’s doing all this for us, main street over wall street. The least we damn well can do is support him and pray for him. Why do we have to constantly judge what he does? If there’s any fault in our POTUS is that he’s HONEST!! Believe it not, at every turn that people accuse him, the truth slaps them in their face. When we have as a society that has already forsaken GOD and our faith (see this disaster of an abortion bill for example), it is easy to explain how one can get also sucked in. Please: keep him in our prayers and help him. There are enough people who are there to hurt him!

• Sean Supsky says:

Thank you for this most excellent posting.

• Mark McQueen says:

“It’s becomingly alarmingly easy to find negativity here. This used to he the bastion of faith, freedom fighters and hale, hearty & determined souls.”

Negativity is insidious. It spreads among the ranks and invites others to join. Many months ago a lot of folks here were wondering when those wholly negative types were going to turn on Trump. Here they are and they are still trying to pass themselves off as especially insightful righteous purveyors of the truth.

• sturmudgeon says:

What a WONDERFUL post! Thank you so much!

• Sparty says:

Farmhand: thank you! I’m grateful for the type of perspective and logic you provide in this post. I’m beyond sick and tired of the no value trolls criticizing President Trump’s appointees and his placement of so called blind trust” in RINO snakes etc. POTUS is an incredible human being, pure and unselfish, loves the real people of this country, the world’s most powerful force in driving true Hope and Change.

• jdintx says:

Well said. I too have noticed a decidedly negative tone creeping into comments.PDJT is but one man;fighting against a tide of special interests and he needs our undivided support.If not him,then who,if not now,then when?

• Yes, seriously there are a lot of people whose self absorbtion, ego, impatience and DIS loyalty are enabling the slow slip into global socialism. Wake up! This is cultural war, stop raining fire down on POTUS Trump who we all know is surrounded at every turn by unreliable scum who floated to the top of the swamp.

Yes cultural war people and the vote in 2020 is the last chance to destroy it. Bottom line, if your New Years Resolution didn’t say something about getting politically active, then you better prepare for the socialism that will triumph in your absence.

Yes it’s that’s bad. No this not an over dramatization. Right now through till the election in 2020, a true patriot knows that this is no time to critize POTUS Trump. He needs everyones full and unquestioning support.

• HerbyGal says:

Wonderful post! I think people are just getting weary of the Dems always seeming to get their way. Ah, if only we had the rabid love of constant fighting that the Dems do. Alas, most of us just want to live our lives. I was feeling pretty down, but my support of this president no longer EVER wavers. Did everyone see his tweet where at the end he said “Trust me.” I loved that. It was almost like he knew opening the government was a blow to all of us and he gave us a big hug. I do trust him. He is the only one I trust. We don’t know everything going on. This many can’t do anything without the full on media onslaught, lawsuits, social media smear campaigns…. it’s brutal. And he just keeps going while we all stop to whine. Let’s keep him in our prayers and give him our complete support. Anyone moaning he hasn’t done enough is apparently forgetting our previous presidents – who pretty much did nothing or if they did much, it was towards destroying our great country..

• Doug Amos says:

Shocking naivete and poor judgment on your part to think we would not know you work for George Soros.

• Paco Loco says:

POTUS acts like he “just fell off the turnip truck” regarding honesty in DC politics. I’m dubious that he fell for Ryan’s lies, but it appears so.

• Ken Maritch says:

There is honor among thieves, but there is no honor among politicians.

• Daniel says:

Trump isn’t able to say what he thinks directly. You know this to be more than a little true. Trump isn’t allowed to attack Republicans directly. He always has to soften the language. He doesn’t need to do that with Democrats and lately, even less-so. And even then, you may have noticed his responses to Democrats have been unexpected and unpredictable which is pretty useful when it’s clear they are trying to goad him into doing ANYTHING which might serve as pretense for impeachment. So their unprecedented “No SOTU for you!” as SOTU Nazi Pelosi said was responded to with respect and dignity. Not what they were expecting though sadly, everyone kept saying “Trump caved!” (That, in my view, is disrespectful to Trump and goes to show how quickly his supporters will turn on him)

All that said, I think it was clearly stated in a most political manner. No, he did not believe Paul Ryan. He simply had to allow the deception and bad faith to be visible to all.

• MichaelWizard says:

It’s such a lame excuse; Never Trumper Paul Ryan lied to me? Imagine, a successful pol who lies, POTUS never expected that; really?

• cwf60 says:

Paul Ryan stated emphatically that he would not support President Trump and proceeded to fulfill that statement. President Trump believed him at his own peril. The Republicans were in control of all 3 branches of government and allowed their hatred of the president and deep state connections to prevent them from doing anything positive for the American people. Their loyalties lie with their fellow criminals.

• Fake News says:

Agree. Careful the trolls are out

2. vexedmi says:

So another politician lied in a big way….Next?

3. signreader says:

That much money on military spending when nowhere America is under attack! WOW what an excuse from the artist of the deal! It was so simple reword the defense budget stating they could use construction budget from army corps of engineers for bolstering any border security weaknesses! Who was going to read like Obama care? He sure got played by Paul who was RINO all the way.

4. Russell Steadman says:

The president was played. Paul Ryan is a traitor.

• Alison WIlson says:

And that is exactly what I wrote to Paul Ryan. I sent him a message and told him that history would view him as a traitor on the level of Benedict Arnold. I encourage you all to do the same. Not that it will change anything now, but I think we need to let him know how we feel and think about what he has done to the country he said he loved.

5. shirley49 says:

We have been saying for years that Ryan was really a Demonrat. He was spinless and corrupt. The way these speakers get appointed is by threats and promises of committee assignments. It is all a sham. No reason McCarthy got elected. He is another Ryan

6. Philip Acoria says:

Just think, we could of had Ryan instead of Pence and Romney instead of Trump. ::shudder::

7. “I was tricked by Paul Ryan. I trusted him” is probably the worst possible answer for this.
    “I was focusing on other things, and forgot how important it was to my base – and they reminded me” would have been a lot better. Because if he believes Paul Ryan, why won’t he believe Kevin McCartney and Mitch McConnell?

My hope was that Trump would assist McConnell’s primary opponent. If this is true, I certainly hope he figures out what a duplicitous situation he’s in, and how few allies he has(and how many enemies). Many Republicans are standing in the way of the MAGA agenda every bit as much as Democrats, as they serve the same masters. McCartney is one of those people. And so McConnell. We need them both out of leadership positions in 2020! Speaker Jordan and a new Majority Leader in the Senate are vital to accomplishing Trump’s goals.

8. moe ham head says:

we could raise money for the wall by auctioning off an opportunity to punch that smug look right off his face
    highest bidder gets 1 good punch
    also all that donated win a consolation prize of a swift kick to his balls

9. Yang says:

Here’s my understanding of what Trump meant:

Trump wanted wall and military funding, GOP wanted military funding. So Trump signed the bill to get the military funding. Did he really trust Ryan’s promise back then to get the wall? I don’t think so.

It’s just more clear to me now, Only Trump wants the wall, part of the republicans too but none of the democratic. So Trump had no many options in the past two years, he couldn’t shut down the government then cause republicans were holding the house and senate. He did it now to make it looks like a partisan issue, but in fact we didn’t see a wall, part of the reason is he did’t have GOP’s full support. And of course he knew it.

I hope he can reform the GOP, it’s extremely hard but nothing on his lists to do is easy anyway. After this midterm elections, some republicans gone including Ryan. So this midterm, even republicans lost house, it may not be a bad result anyway.

• covfefe999 says:

Trump placed more importance on the military than on border security, and I agree with his decision. He stated the problem very clearly: the military budget was depleted. We cannot allow that.

Trump can’t reform the GOP if we keep voting horrible people into office.

• railer says:

The military was massive already. It could have been consolidated and a proper audit executed to more efficiently spend the cash. Trump declined to fight this fight, and simply threw money at the problem, exactly what the Swamp wanted, and he didn’t get wall funding in trade.

No sense ignoring this blunder. It happened.

• covfefe999 says:

Trump: Just so you understand, our military needed funding desperately. Totally depleted. And this bill was great for the military. Had I vetoed it, you would never have gotten the numbers back that I got. 700 and 716 billion dollars over the past two years. Which is substantially more — much more than President Obama was able to get for the military.

Are you one of the armchair quarterbacks? Are you claiming that Trump was not correct here? And you know better because …. why? Do you work for the government? Do you have access to the data that Trump has access to?

• railer says:

Sorry, but I don’t need to work for government to understand that the US spends well over half the military spending that occurs on the surface of this planet, and that a recent audit of the Pentagon literally couldn’t be executed because it was so screwed up.

Trump chose to fund that dysfunctional beast with borrowed money, and eschewed leveraging that cash, which the Swamp and their paymasters were absolutely desperate to spend, to get a wall.

This was a blunder. No sense trying to hide that.

• Paco Loco says:

The Military Industrial Complex is a behemoth that consistently blows up budgets and wastes billions of dollars on anything and everything. The US is headed for a grand collapse with unsustainable spending and 20 plus trillions of debt. Basic economics and math indicate that the US is destined for the Mother of all economic/political disasters.

It really seems that Congress and the President believe that the tooth fairy will save us. One of the reasons I support President Trump was I believed him when he said that he was going to cut wasteful spending and pay down the debt. That now looks like fantasy. Ryan did everything in his power to screw the President fiscally and Mcconnell is just another drone representing the Beltway bandits. We are so screwed!

• justsayin714 says:

I’m in the midst of many career military people here, and the truth is that our troops were severely under-equipped for the last decade. I’ll concede there was a lot of military spending at the top levels of the Pentagon, plenty of graft & possibly outright theft.been going on for a very long time.

But President Trump’s concern was always for the troops, making sure they have what they need to do their jobs. Do you have any idea how long it would take to clean up the fiscal mess at the Dept of Defense? You really believe he should have jumped into that mess before doing anything to rebuild our military? With China, NK, Russia, the ME, and God only knows what other bad actors all just waiting to test President Trump, he was absolutely right to take care of the basics first.

You’re wrong to call his decision a blunder. It wasn’t. You may have the opinion that he should have taken care of bookkeeping before taking care of the troops, but since you don’t have access to the info that he has, it’s nothing more than an armchair warrior’s need to second-guess the guy in charge.

• railer says:

Yes, it was a blunder not to leverage that massive military spending to get the wall. The Swamp and Deep State wanted to spend that cash. It was an easy exercise to use it to get that wall.

This was a massive blunder. By this point, Trump knows it, too. He knows he screwed up.

• George 1 says:

The military is secondary to having a Nation. The left has almost completed its’ replacement program which will allow them to never lose a national election again. The task at hand means the very survival of the USA and we have wasted two years being played by traitors.

To prevent a total Marxist takeover the wall will be a necessary component. But, we need much more than that. Legal immigration must be severely curtailed and the immigration laws must be amended to have real teeth in them. The odds are long to get all of this but that does not make these changes any less vital to our survival.

Short of all of that this we lose and not just an election. Also note no one is talking about a proper wall anymore. At best, we will get additional fencing and some beefing up of current fencing. This is a band aid at best.

• The Big Picture: False dogmas old and new

“…So we have now to eradicate not just the Insane Left, but Islam (and the equally wrong-headed false dogmas, coercion, in every religion…we have to learn that traditional “religion” was inaugurated to teach a mankind in childhood, not one with bows and arrows and an attitude (without morals), much less one with nuclear weapons and guided missiles). And we have to take out Darwin’s Grand Idea, of ‘undirected evolution’ (evolution by the meaningless bootstrap of ‘natural selection’ of random mutations), rather than human (and our predecessors, the ‘gods’) learning.

“It is a climactic time, boys and girls. ‘We gotta get outta this place’ is just the start of waking up, and growing up, and learning new/old, old knowledge, from the founding time of our predecessors (see above), but with a hard mastery of all those hard-learned, still ‘fuddy-duddy’ (so judged by the child in all of us) morals.”

• Orygun says:

We are still having our elections stolen. I will always believe the majority of Americans are having their vote negated by the Dems counting the votes.
        My state has no way to verify how you voted only that you did. The audacity is our SOS just came out with an email touting how our voting system is secure and cutting edge. He is a so called “Republican”. What a joke!

• HerbyGal says:

POTUS can only work with the representatives we give him. And yet, he doesn’t seem to have lost faith in us. Vote the corrupt life-time pols OUT! Even when we do get a politician who means well going in, the crooked leadership immediately crushes them. We the People need to do a better job.

10. nuwildcat1977 says:

We should never forget the damage that Paul Ryan did to the conservative cause. Like all politicians, he has a big ego and it is our job to make sure his legacy is accurately portrayed (negatively). When Ryan cashes in as a lobbyist on K Street, he will do so at the expense of the American people. Shameful.

11. covfefe999 says:

Complain all you want about Ryan, but remember it was the people in his Wisconsin district who voted for him. They had a chance to primary the a-hole and they blew it.

People in AZ kept voting for McCain and we only got relief by him DYING! lol People in Utah voted Romney into a six-year Senate seat. People in WV re-elected Manchin. etc etc

Trump has to work with the people we voted into office. Direct your anger and frustration at the people who caused the problems in the first place: voters. Us.

• covfefe999,
      “Direct your anger and frustration at the people who caused the problems in the first place: voters. Us.”
      I agree with you 10% and more. Something I am unable to grasp – how in the world can anybody vote for Democrats and how can anybody be against President Trump’s MAGA?

I think the answer to that is – the blame lays squarely on the MSMs for not doing their job. This answer is based on small sample of unscientific polling around me. I have asked to people around me – I am a lone supporter in my neighborhood – that how can you support Hillary or Democrats followed by a series of questions regarding her corruption (Uranium one, Benghazi, tax cuts, etc.) and none of them are aware of any of this. These are the MSMs folks and they are such lazy folks that I doubt they read articles I forward them from CTH and other sites that shines sunlight on such things
      Call me selfish if you will, but I think President Trump needs to put a complete stop to immigration for at least 25 years until the folks in this country stop waving flags of foreign countries and stop burning flag of this great nation. This is getting beyond ridiculous that citizens of this country see nothing wrong when someone is waving flag of a foreign country in your face and at the same time insulting flag of your own nation – a nation that they are leeching.

• Dekester says:

Thanks 999, Ryan was seen as a duplicitous rat all the way up here in British Columbia. His body language was always “a tell”

That said, I remember when he an Romney were running. How Hannity often had Ryan on as a “ policy wonk” and was forever blowing smoke up his a**.

Romney and Ryan what a pair.

You folks dodged a real bullet there.

God bless PDJT

• beach lover says:

I wouldn’t say getting Obama was a win for our country… look where we are.

There would never have been a President Trump, without Obama and his horrible corrupt administration.

• Dekester says:

Yep, and never a PDJT if Ryan and Romney had gotten in. Their best buddy would have been McCain, Flake, Sasse etc.

Obama and the crime syndicate that ensued have opened my eyes to a level of criminality and corruption beyond what I thought was possible.

God bless PDJT

12. StanH says:

Paul Ryan is a swamp creation therefore he is a swamp property, meaning the cabal. Their job is to destroy the USA to reach swamp Nirvana, a New World Order. Job number one, a replacement population, what was it W told us, “we are all Gods creatures,” some of us are a little closer to God than others right George!? You can tell because they have walls and security.

As far as the President being fooled, “fool me once?”…we’ll see after the 21 day CR expires.

He is a speck of decency in an ocean of criminality. He knows it, but has to work with it because that’s who we voted for, or how much vote harvesting the cabal got away with, (voter fraud). This Mr. President is where the bright lights of justice need to shine the brightest, arrest need to be made in all 50 states, and voter rolls need to be purged!

MAGA! …by following the law again.

13. railer says:

Trump should have known that Ryan was going to screw him, and lie. The election was upcoming, and the Lefty fools were out shrieking about “Kill ICE”, and this was the perfect time to promote this fight, which would have been the perfect chance to elevate MAGA… in an election.

If Trump knew he’d have the current situation as the downside, then he’d have it no matter what he did, meaning the time to fight was earlier rather than later. That election should have been “Kill ICE vs. Border Security”, and let the chips fall where they may.

• sturmudgeon says:

If…If… President Trump knew this or that… If… If… President Trump was “all seeing… all knowing”… etc., etc. This GOOD AMERICAN trusted some people who “appeared” to be what they WERE NOT!!.. and, some here are ready to criticize his judgement in all things he has attempted.. As usual, those who are maligning him now, expected “perfection”… He has accomplished much, and will accomplish more.. (and probably make some more ‘perceived’ errors) Step right up, you, and do YOUR best against all of the forces aligned against you… then the rest of us can offer criticism of YOUR efforts for America.

14. so glad ryan is gone,he was the worst s/ of The House,

15. jack says:

Trump knew Ryan was a NEVER-Trumper , right from the beginning, and Ryan did everything he could to bash Trump.

Ryan could have told Trump the BS story, but I’m sure Trump knew in his heart, Ryan was going to stab him in the back.

I remember Ryan distanced himself from Trump during the campaign.

16. Elena says:

The swamp creatures keep getting elected, but were those really the electorates’ choices? Another huge challenge over the next 22 months is to identify and eradicate election fraud, starting with voting machines that flip votes, and with the omission of illegally cast votes.

• HerbyGal says:

The swamp creatures are also very good at manipulating elections, along with their compliant media. Low info voters and gullible Americans fall right in line.

17. jack says:

The reason Trump had to get a BULL DOG A.G. right from day ONE, was because to clean the swamp he needed a Tough Law Man in the FBI/DOJ! And Trump FAILED to do that. He listened to GOPe advisers (prebius, and others back then), and they gave Trump bad advise.

With BULL Dog A.G. Trump could have gone after swamp DOJ/FBI/ and investigate Congress for corruption! Trump turned over the DOJ/FBI to swamp, bad mistake. Even with Barr, we can’t tell if he is swamp, since he is Bush appointee.

• swissik says:

From the start of the Trump presidency I believed that he received poor advice from those around him and I failed to understand why he seemed not to realize it. Very disappointing.
      Why is Kelly Ann Conway still there for example? What does she contribute?

• farrier105 says:

Barr was CIA.

18. Politics is very complicated business folks.
    VSGPDJT knew what he was doing when negotiating with Ryan. He knew that it was a win-win for MAGA, b/c the military had to funded and it had to be done early, early. He also knew it might help with the building of the wall.
    Finally, he knew very well that all politicians lie and Ryan was no exception…..but he could hope….not realistically…though.
    Any way you look at it; it doesn’t matter because he got exactly what he wanted and he didn’t take the hit; turned it around on the Dems in the end.
    Now, who is the winner here again?

• sturmudgeon says:

Agree in that the Military funding was VERY important… and it may prove to be even more so when the evil forces attempt to remove him from his ELECTED position.

19. Gadsden says:

So basically POTUS is admitting that he got rolled? This has been the problem for the last two years…he’s completely underestimated the uniparty and the deep state.

20. True Colors says:

I am not buying this excuse from Trump. This is lame.

President Trump COULD have — and SHOULD have — asked Paul Ryan to complete the wall bill FIRST.

Then, AFTER the wall bill was completely signed, sealed, and delivered, THEN Trump could have signed the omnibus bill.

Or………. at worst……… Trump could have demanded that Paul Ryan present two bills together. Trump could have signed a wall bill and the omnibus bill at the exact same time.

21. Our Lion has exposed Ryan. I like that. President Trump knows what he is doing.

22. Logger says:

Who posting here, with 25+ years of work exp, can honestly say you’ve spotted a liar and refused to work with that liar, when that liar was your only path to getting what you wanted? Or did you work with the liar cautiously, knowing you had little choice, while working other angles?
    Now imagine that situation on steroids – cause this is DC.

• Ken Lawson says:

You make a good point. I’ve experienced that many times in my career. Usually I was able to win in the long run, but there were a couple times, one in particular, that I lost and paid dearly to the point that my entire retirement was impacted.

I think your comment puts it really clear and is something everyone should think about.

23. Doug says:

Never trust a nevertrumpers and NEVER trust a Demonrat

24. Lactantius says:

Paul Ryan was and is a creature from the deep swamp. He always was and he always will be. He is a treasury pipeline grifter. Once upon a time, he made a reputation as a budget conservative and smart guy. But all along he was grifting for the benefit of Paul Ryan. All of these professional politicians are forever shifting and bobbing and weaving to fund their campaigns and to build their campaign fund retirement fund. Anyone looking for a True Patriot among the professional political class is at least naive and probably worse.

President Donald J. Trump is a remarkable man, not so much for his astounding acuity, but for his remarkable ability to stand his ground while assessing the fight. He is as close to the Muhammad Ali of politics as we will ever see.

President Donald J. Trump came to Washington with advisors galore and walked into a swamp he had never explored. All swamps are the same and unique at the same time. While the President understands swamps, he has had no practical contact with the wiring and plumbing and booby traps of the Washington, D.C. swamp. Doubtlessly, he has had all manner of professional swamp guides show up to suck on his success and steer him to their favorite swamp denizens. Meanwhile, President Donald J. Trump is working hard on his own learning curve and beginning to acquire significant knowledge about how these rats actually work.

President Donald J. Trump didn’t come to the Oval Office to negotiate the swamp. He has made some errors in learning the terrain. He has placed trust in people who abused the trust. He has gotten some advice which he acted upon and turned out to be bad advice. The President has worked in this same sort of wheelhouse his entire life. People are snakes and skunks who let their egos be their guides more often than they are willing and able lieutenants.

We the President Donald J. Trump supporters need to understand that while Superman may have come to the Oval Office, he is not equipped with infallibility and the that the deep swamp is not a matter of slaying a dragon or two.

This, then is the greatest silliness repeated over and over: one or two dragons can be slain and the whole history of political hatred and venal undermining with be vanquished. Power abhors a vacuum. That goes for evil power tower. You knock out Paul Ryan and another grifter in different clothes takes up the space and does his brand of grifting.

The President Donald J. Trump chief of staff comes with his set of management skills and biases. He has to mesh his skills and methods with the expectations of the President. There is give and take and push and pull involved in this for both the President and the Chief of Staff. The role and pressures on the gatekeeper is beyond imagination.

We the peanut gallery need to take a chill pill and let President Donald J. Trump work this out on his terms. He is the man we elected and support.

25. TomA says:

Paul Ryan was (and is) a tool of the Deep State. He lied with deliberate intent and then resigned as part of a master plan to thwart Trump’s wall initiate. It wasn’t bungling by Ryan, it was betrayal. History should properly record that Ryan was a Judas and he has no personal integrity. That is his legacy.

26. Chieftain says:

Headline is false and misleading.
    “TRUMP: I don’t want to say he lied. I think he probably meant it at the time, I guess. I hope. So I don’t call that lying. “

27. SSI01 says:

That problem seems to run in Speakers of the House. Does anyone remember what Thomas P. O’Neil told President Reagan – go ahead and sign the budget and we’ll cut everything after you do? Never happened. I thought Trump would have caught that.

28. Pokey says:

I am afraid we haven’t seen the last of Paul Ryan. He is supported by several big money interests for doing the crap that he did to undercut Trump during the last two years. Trump just doesn’t understand that almost everyone in our Congress are swamp rats.

He actually thought he was going to get the support of all those Republicans that he trashed on his way to the nomination. Every one of them had their balloons burst in front of the whole country. All of their political ambitions smashed by a crude talking main street businessman. They hate him as much as any Democrats ever will and they will never help him to accomplish his goals, even if those goals are exactly aligned with their own.

Politics, for the practitioners, is the manufacture of a public persona that can win elections. Period. Trump systematically destroyed those personas and in many cases revealed the actual persona of the victims. He will never be forgiven for his scorched earth path to the nomination and he should have known that going in. He didn’t, and now he is having his pedestal cut down beneath him.

Trump policies will never be passed by Congress, so he has become strictly an executive order President.

29. Bendix says:

I didn’t even want to read this when I saw the Daily Caller refer to it as the “immigration decision”.
    Why to we allow the Uniparty/MSM to control the narrative?
    The wall is not about “immigration”.
    How many immigrants actually come through that border?

• lurker2 says:

Why do we continue to vote Uniparty candidates into office? We have to stop putting bad people in positions of power. Maybe for their first term we don’t know, but we have to stop re-electing these people.

• annieoakley says:

I can only vote for the Republican the Party puts up like: Bob Dole, George W. Bush, John McCain. I say the Republican Party is the problem. They loved Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney versus Barry Biden. I haven’t had a choice since RR until President Trump decided to run. I will not criticize ANY thing he has done. He is my only hope to right the country..

• Why? Controlling Immigration is a winning issue for MAGA.

• The wall is very much about controlling immigration………

• Bendix says:

The wall is about illegal behavior. Lumping it in with people who come here through the front door, obeying all the rules, isn’t a win for our side.
          I know a great many immigrants, as I’m sure we all do.
          The wall or the absence of a wall does not have anything at all to do with their experience in America.
          If the wall is affecting you negatively, you are a criminal, period.

• Disagree. It part of a package that is all about immigration – legal and illegal. You can’t have orderly legal immigration if you don’t have a wall with a port of entry thru which people enter, are screened, and LEGALLY admitted.

• And talking about a wall IS A WIN> What do you think happened in 2016 with “Build The Wall” ???

• Bendix says:

Talking about a wall IS a win.
                But the wall and “immigration” are two separate issues, and lumping them together is bad for the cause of the wall.
                If it wasn’t bad for our side, the MSM wouldn’t be doing it.
                The state of border security had ZERO effect on immigrants I know from our south.
                When we let them call it “immigration”, then our side becomes the anti-immigrant side. That makes low information voters who are immigrants, have immigrants in their families, or who have good friends, neighbors, and co-workers who are immigrants HATE US AND HATE DONALD TRUMP.
                Yes I’m yelling.
                I can’t seem to get my point across. Framing the wall as “immigration” only helps Nancy stinking Pelosi and her ilk.
                The wall is designed to stop people walking across the border.
                Legal immigrants don’t walk here.

• The wall and immigration are not separate issues. You are talking strategy. You think it is good strategy to separate, I don’t. Not much else to discuss.

• I’ll remind you that Candidate Trump out-peformed all prior GOP candidates with the Hispanic vote. And this happened with massive rallies in which thousands chanted “build the wall”………………Hispanics want border control as much as others. In fact, the legal Mexicans Americans I know want it more. Unlike blacks, they know more immigration means more competition and lower wages for them.

30. @ChicagoBri says:

Senate Majority Leader McConnell is every bit as culpable – just sayin’.

31. I would enjoy a Presidential tweet in which he let’s K Street and corporate America know that anyone hiring Ryan won’t have his ear. Why? Because he can’t be trusted. Simple.

Hit Paul Ryan where it counts – in his ability to earn by using his DC contacts.

32. The Treepers who were enraged by President Trump”s compromise to the Swamp have been proven right. Those who criticized Jeff Sessions have been completely vindicated.

Why?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
    If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
    If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Delaying action and compromising our values is a sure recipe for defeat and matters are much worse now because people refused to open their eyes to the reality of the Swamp.

This is a war to the knife and too many are looking for an easy out. It’s not going to happen.

33. BarneyRubble says:

It won’t end well for Paul Ryan. He better leave the country. He is high on the list of traitors who will be dealt with by the citizen militia.

34. HickTick says:

My God , Those of Us that Voted for PDJT thought after he Won some conservatives would step
    up and help him get going with the right people , But we now know it didn’t happen they all care
    nothing for our country only getting him out of their CLUB.
    PDJT listened to the Pentagon when he signed the bill , They all lied to him , undercut him and
    had meetings behind his back on how to defeat him .

Only God can fix this , PDJT is alone , We voters cant help him short of start killing Rinos

35. MfM says:

Trump may have gotten played by Ryan… but he is making it clear that it will not happen again. By making this public he both gives a reason why the border wall didn’t happen while we had the House and Senate and showing that that trick will not work again.

36. Peppurr says:

Has it been mentioned that Ryan has signed with FOX as a contributor?

37. JimmyB says:

You got “Shafted” Mr. President!
    You now know you can’t trust anyone and get it in writing before you sign!

That being said” turnabout is fair play”!

You now get the opportunity to do unto them as they have done to you!

38. Anon says:

Wonder what investment firm Paul Ryan will end up working for.

39. Bendix says:

Reminding everyone that in open primary states, anyone can vote for any candidate.
    In New York, Democrats and unaffiliated voters can’t vote for a Republican candidate. In Wisconsin they can.

40. Hebo Sabe says:

And now we have the fellow that smoothed Ryan’s way into the Speakership to replace Lyin’ Ryan.

41. namberak says:

“Ryan” and “lied” go together in a headline like “peanut butter” and “jelly.” If that guy told me he had a Whopper for lunch yesterday I’d want three corroborating eye witnesses and a deposition from a fourth.