Tuesday January 22nd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

275 Responses to Tuesday January 22nd – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

BLOOD MOON 2019, DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK.

2. calbear84 says:

January 22: On this day in US history, in 1946 President Harry Truman sets up the Central Intelligence Agency and in 1973 Roe vs Wade Supreme Court decision legalizes most abortions, Make of it what you will!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Double barrel shotgun bad news though the shots were 27 years apart.

Both startups have killed people that shouldn’t have been killed.

• olderwiser21 says:

And, I think Truman regretted his actions pretty quickly, as I recall.

• angellestaria6674 says:

You think correctly. He as much said so in his own words, and he wasn’t happy that the CIA was becoming like a second Pentagon. He wasn’t afraid to admit that something he started was a mistake in hindsight. But Truman was a lot more humble than present day politicians.

You know that theory, the iron law of oligarchy, that all complex organizations end up turning into oligarchies no matter how noble they started out as…has been pretty much proven. And BHO went a long way into turning the FBI and the DOJ into the same. It’s one thing for the CIA to be that, but our one single national Department of Justice, is quite a more national damning thing in my view. And the FBI as such…what a mess.

• Gneiss Guy says:

False: CIA created by the National Security Act of 1947, signed into law July 26, 1947 and effective September 18, 1947

• BigMamaTEA says:

calbear…..when you read the Memoirs from Harry Truman, after being out of office for just a short time….he REGRETS EVER signing that CIA beginning…..The Dulles brothers, were instrumental in that. One was already running the CIA’s predecessor agency, and the other was running Dept. of State.

Morning treeps……Everybody….get fired up! In about 45 minutes…..it’ll be time for senate-tee-vee (Yippie!?@$#!) The senate reconvenes at 1:00pmEST today.

• czarowniczy says:

And let’s not forget the string of Ivy League Directors and their propensity to hire people they’ve cultivated in Ivy League schools. That has an effect on the Company’s culture.

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Moses And The Prophets

Now our Lord, when on earth, encouraged, indeed He even challenged His audiences to “Search the Scriptures” for themselves (John 5:39). Indeed since God revealed Himself and His plan of salvation in the written Word, we are responsible, each one for himself to study the Scriptures. When the rich man Dives begged Abraham to be allowed to go and warn his five brothers about the horrors of hell, Abraham replied, “They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them”. And when the rich man urged that a word from him would be more effective, Abraham answered, “If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead” (Luke 16:29,31).

Don’t depend upon your clergyman, my dear friend, to interpret the Scriptures for you. See for yourself what God says in His Word. For “every one of us shall give an account of himself to God”, says Romans 14:12. And it won’t be enough in that day to say, my minister or my priest told me so and so. You are responsible, you, to search the Scriptures for yourself, to see whether these things are so.

Why don’t you search the Scriptures, especially the epistles of Paul, our apostle. For it is Paul who says, “For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the Apostle of the Gentiles [Nations], I magnify mine office” (Rom.11:13). Learn in his epistles this mystery among the Gentiles which is Christ in you the hope of glory and how it is that Christ’s death on Calvary’s cross can save you.
    “In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Eph.1:7).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Luke 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

4. Tony D. says:

Curious videos about “The Hammer” and Obama Brenan Clapper looking at texts email and financials on then citizen Trump and many others Including John Roberts and a Fisa Judge. Not sure how much is fact except that they whistle blower gave FBI testimony and was mentioned in Strok/Page text exchanges. Maily the whole Russian Pee Pee thing was just a cover (look Here) not over here because we have been doing this for years already. Strange indeed. I mean for me it actually helps explain why this crap (fisa) ever happened.

• angellestaria6674 says:

I think there’s a lot of that….Look! a squirrel…kinda thing going on. Takes your eyes off the bus about to mow you down if you don’t get out of the way because somebody’s got you looking at something else.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Tony D……good layman’s assessment. You forgot , the Hilldabeast and the Clintonistas, oh and Obie…and his gang……Yep. They weaponized the gov’t against Trump…and honestly…think about it….Lois Lerner=IRS=TEAParty-Patriot groups…..So in essence…the evil ones, have been weaponizing against US….as more and more wake up….and began to fight. Oh, and don’t forget..research Slick Willy’s time in office. Yeah, while he was raping/banging chicks…Hilldabeast was doing all kinds of crap behind the scene. Hillz used the Slick Willy problem, to her advantage to keep us all distracted (as in look-squirrel!) while she was busy behind the scenes. SICK effers!

There is a tremendous amount of research done right here in the TreeHouse. We have a searchable database…..for facts and TRUTH…..it’s over on the right side, find the Prayer candle, then slide down a bit underneath, the “tip-jar” …you should see “Choose a topic” Go in there for our archives.

5. F.D.R. in Hell says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. angellestaria6674 says:

I should have made last night’s excerpt shorter, thus this is.

Excerpt #2

continuing with my prologue to Kipling:

Here we are, 97 years since that time in your own life back then when a godly and higher Benevolent Holy Spirit of Heaven’s Understanding, Truth and Wisdom somehow got a spiritual moment’s possession of your hand, your heart and your mind of understanding (I suspect that being the gift of God given to you to write what you did in 1919,) and you wrote THE GODS OF THE COPYBOOK HEADINGS…truth spoken as it was needed back then and as it is desperately needed to be refreshed and recognized here in our day and present time.

World War I had ended. So be it! So be it! All was finally quiet on the Western Front after incomprehensible, great and terrible sorrows of that time of war’s unimaginable loss and agonizing pain of insufferable, bloody horror. But the whole world at large back then did not have one, single clue as to the next upcoming and larger War just a mere few years down the timeline and history of God’s Wounded Earth, a planet long-suffering in the travail of its crying and injured, bloodied womb. Yet once again it was made to suffer another horrible and incomprehensible blow in the form of World War II.

….continuing my poem section:

Rudyard, you, Milton, Alfred and James understood way back when all of you knew
    And perceived the soul and thinking mind of your day, a time that very, rare mortals of few
    Would come to recognize in our day here in America in this ganglionic determined year of
    2016
    That monster who strains, lies and works so hard to become our day’s Infernal Machine
    Of an accursed thing that defies that Very First Face of all Eternal Truth and Holy Redemption
    Of our God’s Creation now in polluted spiritual tones that express the essential hypertension
    Of a falsehood that is of the evil sort you knew in your day, who would skillfully pretend
    Some kind of theatrical arena and lying presentation of a device of an equalizing dividend
    That will never pay its investors the profits of their investment that is but a shell game
    One single thought – untrue to God – but yet is a spiritual inertial reference frame
    A thing of natural physics that even Isaac Newton, a scientist of true faith in God who knew
    What was what in the face of all the lies of his day presented by his time’s judicial review
    Of those ignorant souls of science back then who understood nothing of their day’s higher
    Greater, far more holy and proven higher Wisdom of a heavenly Emulsifier
    Of a Supreme, advanced thing far beyond mortal, self-seeking minds of men
    Great and magnanimous written words of God’s Own Executive Order Fountain Pen!
    Yes, he was one of those rare souls who refused to take orders from the Church of England
    and so said
    Studying Biblical chronology and alchemy and set sails to fight voices of Science’s Dead

Angelle Staria 2015-2016

• olderwiser21 says:

Angelle – I have always loved this soundtrack. What is it from? Great Post!

• angellestaria6674 says:

I bet you remember it as the theme song for the program Cold Case.

It is by the brothers E.S. Posthumus. The name of the song is Nara.

Unfortunately, one of the brothers died. The other one is now under the name of Les Friction. I’ve used a couple of his heart wrenching pieces to write by. I’ll see if I can get you up a couple of links here.

Torture

People have gone through the kleenex reading what I wrote to that.

This one too. This song and his voice blows my mind and it so fits a parameter of my life.

Love Comes Home

I am so hoping for some things to work out so I can go more public with my stuff. Because of the life I chose…and would choose all over again, pain, loss and all…I have had to keep a low profile and not become a well-known person. Hopefully, things are going to change that so I can get more material out there.

Blessings.

• olderwiser21 says:

I knew it was from a tv show somewhere but I figured they had rifted it off of something else. It drives me crazy – I love it so much. Thank you for the link. Checking out your other stuff from them now. So happy to know about them. You seem to be such a thoughtful, introspective person. Hope things work out as you would like.

• olderwiser21 says:

Angelle – Just listened to the two by Les Friction and I literally have no words. I cannot believe music like this exists and that I knew nothing about it. Thank you, thank you. You have made my day – week – year!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yes, so you can imagine what kind of stuff got written to those 2 songs. I can’t hardly go back and read my writings to those songs and not have use a lot of tissue. Those songs are the kind that just dig down deep into a part of your soul and heart that maybe you didn’t know went that deep.

I’m half human and half music. One of the greatest losses I’ve incurred was my loss of ability to play instruments. My fingers and hands suffer to much nerve damage to play correctly.

I truly hope God will restore that gift. I’d like to go out in blaze of music glory!

• olderwiser21 says:

Angelle – it is gut wrenchingly fabulous! The lyrics are incredible and you are right – the music wants to rip your soul apart and then give it back. I am stunned!

• angellestaria6674 says:

I am listening to Torture now and am going to have to get my writing to that and read it….and…and…prolly….have to blow my nose.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Okay here is the first stanza. I can’t put anymore. The poem is really long but also, gets to personal to post in a public forum. But this stanza will give you an idea. Written to Torture

TORTURE

One little breath and a second’s dimension one Sunset ago,
                O! So long before today, but as just being yesterday, though it seems so
                To be a fraction of my life’s deepest drilled well of shackled and hidden, holy oil
                Far, far below my heart and soul and my haunted, longing spirit’s alluvial soil
                Buried where friends cannot see, where the light of day is rarely known
                In netherlands of an orphan soul’s wandering before the knowledge of Genesis pierced to the bone
                Of that deepest recess of a Man’s love, and my love in its ultimate quest for final peace and rest
                On the other side of this Port of Call’s swelling tide before a heavenly gift by which to be blessed…

• angellestaria6674 says:

Here’s another ethereal beauty I wrote to through a lot of tears. I get very emotional when I write, because I write about real life, sometimes real death and loss.

Louisa May Alcott got a great principle of writing across in her marvelous novel, Little Women….that is, if you write about real life, you’re going to have a real audience.

Bernward Koch has composed some beautiful music. I have so much of all this kind of music. And thousands of pages of written material.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Letting a few of you know that I have to be away for awhile, so won’t be able to continue my excerpts for a few days. In a very intense work schedule.

Blessings.

• BigMamaTEA says:

angel….I hope you are archiving all of this somewhere…..You can even do so on your own blog privately…..and not tell a soul about it, if and until you decide IF and when and what YOU want to share. One this site, some of the commenters Name/avatar are clickable links to their own blogs, so you’d have to talk to them…..but…..

I may not make many comments regarding some of your words/images you’ve posted….but I do find a lot of it extraordinary!

One thing I’ve learned…over these many years of blogging…sometimes, you may be reaching many others with similar experiences they might even be going through right now, that you may help in some way, if nothing else but to know that “hey…I know that, or I needed that”

• angellestaria6674 says:

Hey BMT, hope this evening finds you great.

I do have copies in one form or the other of years of material. Some digital, but most all either handwritten or printed paper copies.

I had many poems on a large hard-drive that got destroyed, but those are all in a notebook handwritten.

I know I am never going to establish a blog on WP. Waaay too many problems. I’ve also noticed several Treeper’s WP accounts deleted, like one that addressed global warming from the conservative viewpoint. WP will deplatform or delete accounts of political stuff they don’t agree with.

I do have a plan to establish my own independent platform, but have to wait on some other things to fall in place first.

Your last paragraph in your comment here…so, so true, and I am keenly aware of that as I have been for many years when commenting, always hoping something I write or say will be life, help and strength to somebody out there, even if it is only 1 or 2 souls. God knows who needs what and He can direct our ways accordingly.

I really appreciate you on here.

Blessings.

• GMike says:

Fantastic. You really are talented.
      Thank you for this treat this morning.

• duchess01 says:

Ah, angell – the power of God to open the eyes of the disillusioned to truth!

God Bless You!

• angellestaria6674 says:

The Lord our God’s truth is more powerful than all the lies told and presented by Satan and Hell since that first damning lie in the beginning fall of mortality.

At the Cross…He uttered…IT IS FINISHED…meaning, even though the powers of Satan and that whole Fortress of the Gates of Hell “seem and appear” to be winning today, they are not.

Simple translation:

God’ got this.

He’s got our six…now and forever.

Peace!

8. Garrison Hall says:

9. citizen817 says:

10. citizen817 says:

• olderwiser21 says:

Awwwww. So Cute! We used to have a little squirrel that would come around and let us feed and pet him. He would arch his back just like a kitty when you stroked him. So fun.

• pacnwbel says:

Squirrels are so much fun, and so clever. A copse of cottonwoods where they nested was recently cut down. For several weeks there were no squirrel sightings. Having had a grey family and a black family as regular visitors, we missed them and their antics. Now three or four of them have returned, joy unbounded,

11. citizen817 says:

12. Donna in Oregon says:

American culture is so cool. I love this stuff:

A Secret Soiree Hidden in Louisiana’s Cajun Country
    A secluded bed-and-breakfast hosts a can’t-be-missed celebration in the swamp.

13. Janie M. says:

I have mentioned on prior occasions that Joe Bonamassa often provides in his daily emails I receive, a video featuring another Blues musician (some of which are not known by me). Today’s featured artist was Chicago Blues man, Toronzo Cannon. I am not familiar with him but he is an excellent guitarist and possesses a voice meant for the blues.

• olderwiser21 says:

Fabulous! Thanks for the post!

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Nice….very nice……..

OK………I am not a guitarist, but I noticed since this musician is left handed he plays the guitar upside down…..

Question: Does he reverse the strings? Or…does he / has he just learned to play it upside down?

Do they have left handed guitars?………If so…..well you know so many questions

love the blues

• amwick says:

My Husband plays, self taught, so I see guitars everywhere.. here: https://www.southpawguitars.com/
        Left handed guitars are a thing.

• You can do it either way, Gunny. A fairly famous folk singer named Elizabeth Cotton taught herself to play a “normal” acoustic six-string guitar with the left hand doing the picking (so playing upside down), and in her honor that method became referred to as “Cotton Picking”. She’s known for the song “Freight Train”, which was originally written for that style. Bob Geldof plays this way.

But they have also been making “left-hand” guitars (strung the opposite way), especially electric guitars and basses, since the 1950s. Probably the most famous guitarists to play this way were Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain. Paul McCartney plays bass on the left as well. Dick Dale and Albert King played guitars strung both ways, with their left hands doing the picking.

To confuse things even further, a newer variation in overall style is to use both hands percussively on the fretboard at the same time (like a keyboard). This is called “tap” (as opposed to picking), and is used by jazz players like Stanley Jordan, and acoustic players including the late, great Michael Hedges. The hybrid multiple-string instrument known as a Chapman Stick was designed (by Elliot Chapman) to exploit this way of playing. Tony Levin has played stick behind King Crimson and Peter Gabriel.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey Mikey!! Where ya’ been, long time no see…..

I’m going to butt-in here, excuse me…..but we’ve now had two leader speeches on senate tee-vee…

• BigMamaTEA says:

Okay…first of all…IMO….I sure wish TurtleHead would choke his balls outta his throat…BEFORE he takes the dais…cause today, an important day in shutdown history…anyway…

TurtleHead had a pretty good speech prepared. It’s his delivery….which is why you have to listen to the words….TurtleHead essentially spoke of what happened this weekend, with the POTUS speech/offer……we’re now on Day 32 of the “shutdown.”

TurtleHead spoke of this POTUS’ plan…and said the “opposition to end all this is staring us in the face; it the Democrats: TurtleHead wants the Demonrats to put Country ahead of Politics. TurtleHead said that “this is the only measure that POTUS will sign…..it’s not a
              CR (continuing Resolution) it would NOT kick the can down the road” {(Here, there is a slight grin on TurtleHead’s face…remember Turtle is not used to honestly-legitimately-winning by having a pair, and standing your ground! ha! This is all foreign to the Turtle!}

TurtleHead said this fund the remaining 7 appropriations bills…and actually finish what they tried to do this last year…..it will provide supplemental disaster relief…….It will fund the top 10 priorities from Border Patrol…..It will provide 5.7B for a physical barrier…..It will give 3 years of lawful status on DACA…..and will fully reopen Fed gov.t

Then TurtleHead said the Senate will vote on this later this week.

• BigMamaTEA says:

About 30 min after TurtleHead spoke on senate tee-vee…..Schmuckles came to the dais.

Schmuckles actually said that TurtleHead “is a co-conspirator in the shutdown with POTUS”

Schmuckles said that “there have been “no serious negotiations with the democrats on this” and Schmuckles said “This is hardly a softening of the President” {whut? why would POTUS soften?Cuck!}

Schmuckles then said “This is like some wrapping paper on the same package”

Schmuckles “wants….to pass previously passed House bills and open the gov’t and then negotiate”

Then Schmuckles left the Floor.

• piper567 says:

Mama, thanks SO much for taking one for the rest of us.
                What a great summary…

• Janie M. says:

Gunny, watched another YT video of him at the Rawa Blues Fest (in Poland). You mentioned being impressed with his ability to play guitar left handed. Well, toward the end of the video, he wandered around the audience, playing the entire time, and played his guitar with his TEETH and he didn’t miss a note. 😆😲

• millwright says:

anime: Thanks for the discovery ! The man has some good licks !

• nwtex says:

YES!!! This guy just put me in a fantastic mood! Thank you for sharing….he’s in my favorites now.

AND he also just sent me to pull Joe B. outta my bookmarks.
      Sooooo…. It’s Bonamasssa time. After all, there may be some hanging around who aren’t familiar, right?

• Janie M. says:

nwtex, Joe is touring again, First the U.S. and then Europe.

• nwtex says:

OMGosh! He begins in about 3 wks! Will he be near you during tour?

Not comin’ my way ;( boooo. Maybe next time 😉
          I see he was close to me a few months ago, tho. Yeah, like that does me any good now hahahaha

Just took a peek at his last flame. Good grief….she has posed topless with her hubby while pregnant. Alot of free birds in the world of music, eh.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey…nwtex…..changed your avatar again. Nice!

• nwtex says:

You likey. Cool. thanks, BMTea. I’m not sure if i’ll be keep her for very long because she came out small consequently there is no definition so that one really can’t see what she’s “about”. She is lovely when made larger. Um don’t think she is geared to be an avatar. She may begin getting cranky! Oh, well I have over a dozen more waiting in the “wings”.
              But ssshhh!,/i> lets keep that a secret. K

• Janie M. says:

Yup, nwtex, he will be in Chicago, March 8th and 9th at the Chicago theater. However, his ticket prices ($72-$202.00), exceeds my affordability range.

• Janie M. says:

You have to factor in parking (in Chicago) or train fees and the necessity to take a cab to get to the theater. Definitely would take it over the $100 mark.

• nwtex says:

Oh, boy. 😞 sorry Kiddo. Just not meant to be at this time.

• Janie M. says:

Joe’s low priced tickets are reasonable. I paid $75 to see Neil Diamond in 1996 at Chicago’s United Center but was working at that time so I could afford it and he was worth every penny. ❤️

• nwtex says:

I’m sure that “moment” in time will be with you forever. Wonderful.
                  I guess he cancelled his tour last year due to the Parkinson’s and now has retired. Sad!

The last performer I saw was Gato Barbieri it was a casual, evening, outdoor venue at a private Country club…..folding chairs on the lawn just feet from him. A few dozen ppl were there so it was very personal a totally different vibe than being in an auditorium or any enclosed venue with hundreds strangers. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
                  But now, so sad, RIP

• Janie M. says:

Yes, it was a wonderful evening. I wasn’t aware he had Parkinson’s. That is heartbreaking. I feel in love with him decades ago.

I am not familiar with Mr. Barbieri. But your small and intimate setting sounds lovely. Unfortunately, the downside to attending concerts in those much larger venues is the audience noise. I detest screaming women. Fortunately, that didn’t happen at Neil’s concert.

14. nwtex says:

Apple AirPods may be used to spy on conversations, but please don’t.
    01.13.19 – 12:23PM PST

15. nwtex says:

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for blessing us with this wonderful couple. We continue to pray for their continued strength, peace of mind and understanding that they …are not wrestling against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:12)

16. spoogels says:

UFOs, warp drives, stargates: Freedom of Information query reveals secret list of Pentagon research projects

These bizarre experiments and programs are the stuff of conspiracy theory. But now it’s been revealed it was true the entire time.

17. nwtex says:

Terrible mistake…..well, I hope it was a mistake and not deliberate. Not good on a couple of levels.

Fox & Friends Apologizes for Accidental Graphic Saying Ruth Bader Ginsburg is Dead
    Jan 21st, 2019, 8:19 am

• amwick says:

That was an oopsie doodle, big time….

• JTR says:

I couldn’t help but laugh when I found this.

LOCALE- for the RBG wake:
      GITMO ‘retirement’ community, and hosted by GITMO guards association…
      Please RSVP at your earliest convenience, via your nearest Federal Marshall’s office… free shuttle.
      Everybody gets free door prizes: free photo, jump suits, shiny steel bracelets, and a complete line of fashion NOOSES. BONUS: never pay taxes again, and “Jailhouse Rock” is on every loudspeaker.
      Bring a FRIEND… all associates, invite the entire OFFICE…
      Tis the costume party, to end them ALL!!!
      Line dances every day- learn the world famous “shackles shuffle.”
      (there’s plenty of room for all…. free meals, plush/vintage accommodations, free health care-
      (Rope burns, powder burns, electric shock, adverse reactions to injections, ,lead poisoning, loss of control of bodily fluids- all COVERED- zero deductibles, and NEVER a penny of copays,)
      plenty of security, recreation areas, and two multi-deck cruise barges- right next to the pier…)
      Tropical climate, island breezes, and atmosphere…. to DIE for.
      If you’re going anyway? Why not “”hang out”” with the most famous of them all, and go out in STYLE?
      Yes, you can hang ten (so can the guards), shake a leg, drop, jump, and flop to any groove you wish.
      So, DITCH the proverbial rat race, and get yourself on “”ISLAND time””- the time of your life!
      FINISHED? There’s one “final” PLUS…. the burial policy is out of this world…
      (choose from shark bait or buzzard bait- but make your selection before it’s too late…)
      Time’s up when your balls drop… or eyeballs, whichever… we’re as laid back as the corpses…

18. smiley2 says:

the Pope and the migrants ….the migrants and the Pope….and 4 verbs..

Pope Visit To Cent Am Highlights Church Ministry To Migrants

Jan 21, 2019

so…here comes the Pope…

…Francis will visit Panama this week.

the first “Latin American pontiff” ever to visit Central America…

…and, incidentally, “the world’s most prominent advocate for migrants ” …

article says this “pressing political issue” is “dear to his heart”….and will be the main thrust of this visit…just as a new horde of illegals… migrants …heads thru Cent Am toward the US-Mex border.

Francis is a big supporter of the group called Pastoral of Human Mobility in Honduras….

…and he will remind politicians to “declare themselves Christians” by helping the {illegal} migrants along the way…

“Francis has given clear instructions on attending to migrants that can be summed-up in 4 verbs:

welcome, protect, promote and integrate “.

more, at the link.

that should help to motivate the migrants

(just read elsewhere that close to 90 just crossed illegally into Arizona.)

19. nwtex says:

It’s snowballing now. I just don’t know what to say. All i know is that I have a visceral reaction, that is not pleasant, every time I see the left in action.

20. nwtex says:

21. nwtex says:

The world has gone mad. This tech business is umm well, I’ll just say, unnatural.

22. citizen817 says:

Excellent 👍 marksmanship!

Texas homeowner shoots, kills 3 men and injures 2 during home invasion, officials say

23. smiley2 says:

Stair Window

gouache (opaque watercolor), pencil, on paper

1954

McVey’s Barn

tempera/panel

1948

Andrew Wyeth ~ American ~ Realism

🙂

• smiley2 says:

(left-click on the Barn image to fully appreciate Wyeth’s masterful handling of detail.)

• smiley2 says:

that top image of the Stair Window is an excellent example of the “Z” composition…

and he uses it twice…the obvious Z with the barn siding and the ascending stairs…but then again with the shafts of light in thru the window and continuing on the stairs.

Beauty.

🙂

24. Dora says:

Gustav Klimt – ‘Schubert at the Piano II’ (1899)

25. getfitnow says:

FTA – Hillary Clinton ran far to Donald Trump’s left and lost much of the country. It appears from the early crop of Democratic presidential contenders that the party’s 2020 strategy is to offer an even starker ideological choice. They sound ready to run an even more bi-coastal campaign than Hillary’s, which will leave much of the center open to Trump and keep the right galvanized. The buzz around Kamala Harris is this week’s window on the party’s far-left fixations.

26. getfitnow says:

Great photos.

FTA – Hundreds of people from across the country came out wearing MAGA hats and waving homemade “build the wall” signs to the inaugural Blexit rally at the Globe Theatre in downtown Los Angeles, California, on Sunday.

The line outside the theatre nearly wrapped around the block hours before the event began, as eager attendees met and greeted each other.

27. Dora says:

He looked much older.

28. nwtex says:

oy vey!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says millennials like her believe ‘the world is gonna end in 12 YEARS’ if climate change is ignored at an event for MLK before ice cream chat with Colbert about ‘immoral’ billionaires
    22 January 2019

She said American economic system was ‘immoral’ for ‘allowing billionaires to exist’ while ‘people get ringworm because they don’t have health care’

Hours later, Ocasio-Cortez appeared on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS

29. nwtex says:

30. nwtex says:

Strange world.

Nick Cannon has lashed out at Travis Scott’s decision to perform during next month’s Super Bowl halftime show, citing his relationship with Kylie Jenner as a factor.

Nick, 38, criticized Travis for being a part of the entertainment during the sporting event, citing his decision to ‘procreate’ with 21-year-old Kylie as proof that he’s made moves that are ‘not for the people’.

31. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.”
    Luke 11:28 (KJV)

32. Dora says:

What a ridiculous idea!

I can just imagine Sr. Denise, my eighth grade nun, running around the track all out of breath. That brought me a smile. 🙂

===

Nuns on the run: Vatican launches athletics team and targets Olympics

• Vatican Athletics has blessing of Italian Olympic Committee

• Priests, nuns and 62-year-old library worker among members

33. covfefe999 says:

I watched a news segment this morning on NHK World (Japan) about how China is severely controlling Christianity in China. They are now removing crosses from churches and replacing them with communist propaganda signs. One woman who attended an unapproved prayer session was arrested and spent 4 years in prison! The approved churches are fitted with surveillance equipment. Children are not allowed to attend services. Sheesh! Idiots here in the US whine about Russia but continue to buy Chinese crap and support the Chinese tyranny.

You know, if we Trump supporters stopped buying Chinese-made products for 6 months we could have a tremendous impact. Why don’t we exercise our power? We could have fixed the NFL kneeling stupidity and many other problems. Why aren’t we willing to make the slightest sacrifice? Why are we so lazy?

34. @ChicagoBri says:

New York Gov. Cuomo: No budget unless abortion made legal for any reason until birth

• You have to respect Como’s use of raw political power. I don’t like what he stands for but he is an attack dog/counter puncher politician.

• BigMamaTEA says:

NOPE RTD….Cuomo is a complete power-hungry idiot. WHERE are the People of NYState who are allowing this azz to take away their FREEDOMS?????!!!!

This is a good place to reiterate just what “Federalism” is all about, and why we are a Constitutional Republic, and not a democracy.

Founders….set up a system where The People were in charge. (when I first started this journey 14 years ago, even I didn’t have a clear understanding….the word federalism ‘s definition is the exact opposite of what most think. THIS is where the evil ones first started their slow-con…….

Federalism…..Every STATE is their own Sovereign State, and we all at different times….came into this union….to help provide for the common defense of the land mass as a whole. (Why? cause during the founding, the King wanted this Land…..there were only 13 original colonies…..ALL promised to help pay for War effort. Only a few actually PAID. THAT is the only reason we actually have a federal government, given ONLY the Enumerated Powers listed in the Constitution.)

The rest, which is most powers, belong to each individual State. Why? Because it’s a hellz of a lot easier for me to go to my State Capital then it is D.C. (OK here) if I don’t want that law, or whatever.

35. henry says:

Pure evil.

China Rewrites the Bible?! 10 Ways China is Targeting Christians and Catholics | China Uncensored

36. Thank you Sundance. MAGA has a opportunity to destory the DNC hold on the black voter. President Trump knows it.

37. duchess01 says:

MONDAY, JANUARY 21, 2019
    Jesus Christ’s Shed Blood and RIGHTEOUSNESS Ends Racism To Those Who Receive Him!

38. rebel53blog says:

I Wear Your Love – Lisa Angelle

39. Dora says:

Facebook blocks ads for pro-life movie ‘Roe v. Wade’ starring Jon Voight

The makers of a new pro-life movie starring Jon Voight have accused Facebook of blocking promotional ads.

Roe v. Wade is a dramatisation of the historic court battle that resulted in the legalisation of abortion in the US and also stars Stacey Dash of Clueless fame.

40. Mandy says:

lol – hubby just read headline to me about Starbucks. They’re starting DELIVERY SERVICE now! lolololol!

• duchess01 says:

Doesn’t cost enough already, Mandy? Or…hurting for sales?

• Mandy says:

Result of opening their doors to the … ‘urban outdoorsmen’ sorts. Seriously – who wants to sit in a coffee shop where druggies are coming in and out, shooting up in the bathroom, etc etc. It was only about two weeks ago that Starbucks announced they’re adding sharps containers to their bathrooms…

Starbucks….homeless and druggies welcome, actual customers…..y’all just give us a call and we’ll bring our nasty swill to yer door. Oh, and trust us – we won’t let ANY of the nasty bugs from our nasty bathroom travel to your home on the cup/carrier.

• Mandy says:

Wanted to add that the addition of sharps containers to the bathrooms is an effort to try and stop their own employees from getting dirty needle sticks which has become a real problem for Starbucks. I admit, I did lol when I read about their plan to safeguard their employees….because you know, a drug addict that just shot their vein full of some mind altering junk is ABSOLUTELY going to …. use the sharps container for safe needle disposal, right?

• andyocoregon says:

I suppose that’s why the drive-up lines are so long at Starbucks. I keep threatening to drive my old car though the drive-up, order a basic coffee then stop and raise the hood to begin tinkering under it with “car trouble”. The people behind would be trapped since there is no way out other than straight ahead. Can you imagine the hostility? I won’t do it of course because I don’t want to get shot.

• duchess01 says:

No, thank you! Yikes, Mandy – What a horrible thought!

41. andyocoregon says:

How stupid is this? The pronoun “they” designates plural people. This makes no sense whatsoever.

42. waltherppk says:

Just got my dear wife a pretty crystal that caught her eye

• JTR says:

A heart with angel wings! Very nice!

• waltherppk says:

Lyrics with translation from Latin:

Angel

Angel take your wings and fly, watching over me

See me through my night time and be my leading light

Angel you have found the way, never fear to tread

You’ll be a friend to me, angel spread your wings and fly.

Voces angelorum gloria! Dona eis pacem!

(O voices of angels give glory! Grant them peace!)

For you’re always near to me, in my joy and my sorrow

For you ever care for me, lifting my spirits to the sky.

Where a million angels sing, in amazing harmony

And the words of love they bring

To the never ending story

A million voices sing

To the wonder of the light

So I hide beneath your wing

You are my guardian, angel of mine.

Cantate caeli chorus angelorum! Venite adoramus in aeternum!

(Sing, Heaven’s choir of angels! Come, let us evermore adore!)

Psallite saecula et saeculorum! Laudate Deo in gloria!

(Sing forever and ever! Praise God in glory!)

Can you be my angel now watching over me

Comfort and inspire me to see our journey through

Can I be your friend indeed, from all cares set free,

The clouds would pass away, then I’d be an angel too

Voces angelorum gloria, dona eis pacem!

(O voices of angels give glory! Grant them peace!)

For you’re always near to me, in my joy and my sorrow

For you ever care for me, lifting my spirits to the sky.

Where a million angels sing, in amazing harmony

And the words of love they bring

To the never ending story

A million voices sing

To the wonder of the light

So I hide beneath your wing

You are my guardian, angel of mine

Angel of mine

43. czarowniczy says:

Notre Dame’s going to cover the mural’s of Columbus that adorn some of the walls in its main building, seems they’re offensive to some Native Americans and snowflakes who’ve been washed in the blood of progressivism.

So let me try to understand here. The very first Asians who came across the Bering Sea land bridge owned the North American continent as it’s assumed there were no people here prior to that. Then how much of a difference in time between the first group entering North America on that bridge and the second group must transpire before the second group and any subsequent groups can be called invaders/illegal immigrants?

If we are to believe that all ‘natives’ who occupied the NA continent were here legally prior to Europeans coming then we must think that any groups entering after Group 1 must be considered legit owners of that land as they occupied land that wasn’t being used or claimed at the time the group claimed it. So when Columbus landed (ignoring for the moment early Vikings) he wasn’t allowed the same benefit of claiming unused land…why?

It wasn’t as if they were living in a perfect world, they attacked each other regularly and even worked voluntarily with the Blue-eyed Devil to attack each other. So suddenly we’re the bad illegal immigrant while the descendents of the mixing of the Native Americans and the evil European Spanish conquistadors who are illegally entering the US are the good guys?

44. Doug Amos says:

In Canada, Trudeau’s intelligence insulting cap and trade is locking horns with Ontario, the most important province and a premier, Ford, who wants no part of it. Of course, the media is everywhere and the nonsense is endless. Water cannot be created; there has not been a single drop of water added to the planet since the day it was created. All weather is related to water. The Ice Age had nothing to do with what was happening on earth; the sun, obviously, was further away. Someone cannot stop laughing; others cringe and cry with fear, overwhelmed by mankind’s current greatest hoax.

45. BigMamaTEA says:

Last night….treeper SillyMe…..posted this link to the supposed senate funding bill…..it’s 1300 pages long because there are 7 appropriations (authority to pay previous passed legislation)
    in it.

It needs to be gone through…..I’m in and out of sections…..they will probably vote on this Thurs. or maybe Friday….(they don’t work too many Fridays, but…)

SillyMe….if you’re reading….thanks for posting this link last night…(yes we are paying attention. gin!)

Now, anyone going through this….find my comments up above regarding TurtleHead’s Opening speech today…….(expect to find what we would consider waste, fraud, and abuse….inherent in the current system….(couldn’t resist but it’s TRUTH in this case) there are 7 appropriations bills in there.

We want to make sure that there is 5.7B for POTUS/BorderPatrol , and either the words barrier, or maybe spending how POTUS wants or BP wants or whatever……(all POTUS really gives…is 3 years lawful status to DACA. It’s real simple, and that’s what UpChuck was all in a tizzy about this morning…..)

BUT…your mission, should you chose….is to verify that what is on PAPER is what TurtleHead is saying. I don’t trust the Turtle.