Sunday January 20th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

240 Responses to Sunday January 20th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

CLOUD INVERSION AT LOGAN PASS VISITORS CENTER IN GLACIER NATIONAL PARK, MONTANA

2. The Devilbat says:

THE BAT IS UNWELL

The old bat had open heart, quintuple bypass surgery on Thursday, January 10. I am doing very well but I would really appreciate your prayers.

3. citizen817 says:

LAKE KÖNIGSSEE, BERCHTESGADEN, GERMANY

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Personal Safety In An Atomic Age

The neutron bomb, they tell us, will not wreck buildings, but will destroy all life, easily penetrating concrete walls three feet thick. Yet we are also being advised to build fall-out shelters for the safety of ourselves and our families! These can be erected for only a few hundred dollars — obviously not with walls three feet thick!

As General MacArthur once rightly said: “There is no security on this earth.” No man can count on physical safety, for the simple reason that, apart from bombs and death rays, “it is appointed unto men once to die” (Heb. 9:27). The moment we are born we begin the race with death, and death always finally wins.

But physical safety is not most important anyway. It is not so much death that men fear as the thought that death might usher them into the presence of God (Heb. 9:27; Rom. 14:12).

But even this need not be feared if we have “peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom. 5:1). The Apostle Paul, once a self-righteous Pharisee, came to trust the Christ he had persecuted and now proclaimed:

“This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief” (I Tim. 1:15).

Having thus been saved from sin by faith in Christ, he had no fear of death. Indeed, he could say: “For, to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain” and “to depart and be with Christ… is far better” (Phil. 1:21,23).

Why then, should we Christians shudder with fear at those things which are so frightening to others? Our Lord said to His disciples: “I say unto you, My friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do” (Luke 12:4). No, the true believer need not fear, for he is safe in Christ, not only in this life, but forever. “He that believeth on the Son [of God] hath EVERLASTING LIFE” (John 3:36).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

To the Reader:

Some of our Two Minutes articles were written many years ago by Pastor C. R. Stam for publication in newspapers. When many of these articles were later compiled in book form, Pastor Stam wrote this word of explanation in the Preface:

“It should be borne in mind that the newspaper column, Two Minutes With the Bible, has now been published for many years, so that local, national and international events are discussed as if they occurred only recently. Rather than rewrite or date such articles, we have left them just as they were when first published. This, we felt, would add to the interest, especially since our readers understand that they first appeared as newspaper articles.”

To this we would add that the same is true for the articles written by others that we continue to add, on a regular basis, to the Two Minutes library. We hope that you’ll agree that while some of the references in these articles are dated, the spiritual truths taught therein are timeless.

• angellestaria6674 says:

This is so good to come here and see your piece start this thread. May God bless you for being faithful to spread the great news and scripture. You are being a witness!

Shalom and have a great Sunday!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“being faithful to spread the great news and scripture.”

1Corinthians 15:58 ¶ Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

The Lord desires that I spend more time in his word and laboring for the local ministry here, so I will not be posting much on the other threads. Sometimes I became “caught up” here on this site last year (because of it’s awesomeness) to the detriment of my other responsibilities.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Well, I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit will keep you balanced in His will and order of your overall ministry schedule.

I fear many Christians don’t spend enough time in the word. But Paul said…study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

No studying, then no ability to divide the word of truth. Then people start babbling and handle the word carelessly and it becomes an affront to the witness and testimony of the truth of Jesus Christ.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you in dividing your ministry timeline and schedule in both areas, locally and here.

Blessings and peace for you and yours this day.

5. angellestaria6674 says:

From what seems to be a whole different lifetime ago in a different time frame, a situation in a really dark and dreadful country in the 1980s…and a precious, beautiful little angel of mercy…

ANJOU/ANTJE

I saw an Angel of God today
    In this city of death, cold, dark and gray

She had no wings
    No gold or glittering rings
    Her face not ablaze in fire
    Nor rapt in light of Star’s attire…

Anjou was her name she said
    In a tattered dress with loosened thread
    Years of ten, perhaps eleven
    Wise beyond her age and leaven
    Of this world and streets of cold
    Selfish hearts and tainted gold
    This child standing there beside
    My bench in setting eventide

She was suddenly standing there
    I cannot tell from whence or where
    Was she a wind of Heaven’s grace
    To bless me in this dreadful place
    Alone this day beset in sorrow
    Wishing not to face tomorrow?

She took her hand and brushed across
    My face of streaming tears and loss
    She asked me why I sat and cried
    What pain that hurt so deep inside
    And in her sweet and starry eyes
    I saw the life and light of wise
    Communing grace and perfect love
    As if descended from above
    A strength beyond my pain and fear
    To hope again and persevere

I thought, can a mere child do this
    Touch a broken heart and kiss
    The bleeding wound and festered lance
    To make a spirit rise in joy and dance?
    Can a mere child utter a word
    Open eyes of vision blurred
    And lift a soul by happen-chance??!!

She had come as if in flight
    One moment here – bespoken light
    This sweetest little flower shining
    Wisdom of a Child’s divining
    A star of Heaven’s Silent Night

It seemed but a twinkling of an eye
    A whisk of wind without goodbye
    That she was gone to who knows where
    This precious Child of Angel-hair
    A babe and heart of purest Love
    To most unknown and given of
    This precious life in time of need
    A strand of gold and diamond seed

Who was she, this Child of Grace
    This little Flower before my face
    Her blessing haunts me ever since
    Never again to see her face evince
    Angelic light and disposition
    Silent Night of Love’s transition
    Only once – that day and time
    Her gentle touch
    Her tender heart
    This Child’s perfect love and art
    So fragrant and sublime

Angelle Staria
    (The working name at the time was Alexander St. Johnns

• amwick says:

Lovely…
      I think its the innocence and purity of young children.. it’s magical, and sometimes, if you are lucky, it will rub off a bit… Like being brushed by a laughing feather. TY.

• angellestaria6674 says:

They are precious, especially when God uses them in most unusual ways. No wonder Christ said…unless you become like one of these, you will in no wise enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

All I know is that they can get into my heart like nothing else.

• Pale rider says:

I see the face of Jesus in my three children. Not a profile but a countenance. If it were not for the spirit and blessing they brought in my life I could never have been a father. I thank God for every moment with them, good or bad. Don’t blink, you may miss something.

• angellestaria6674 says:

That’s because you have the love of God in your eyes.

It’s amazing what we can perceive, discern and take note of with the Eyes of Jesus Christ and God our Father Who mercifully and graciously gave His Son for our salvation and eternal redemption.

Be blessed this day!

• Pale rider says:

Yes, and I can tell you almost to the moment he touched me. It was immediate and life changing. It was so intense it was hard to see anything in this world and not turn away. Billboards were like a blowtorch on my spirit. I didn’t want to be here anymore. To try to relay that to someone is so frustrating. it has waned over the years but always close, just one or to praises to God away. It’s hard to live in this world in that condition. I’ve almost become a recluse in many of my ways. I always say if Jesus ever appeared to me in physical form I’d hug him til he stayed or I would go with him. Kinda takes the sting out of death.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh yeah! And if by some chance you have had the kind of actual heavenly experience like Ezekiel, Isaiah or Paul (going up th the third Heaven) …and I did in 1983 and even stronger in 1985, what you are allowed to see and hear up there is so incomprehensibly powerful and life changing, that when you come back here to earth, as it was for me for the next 3 days in 1983…I hated being back here…I wanted to pass on and go back forever….because all of everything of the brightest of life on Earth…is pitch black compared to the least of the colors of Heaven’s life, power, purity and beauty. Try expaining that to those who have never been there to see and know such glory. One reading of Isaiah chapter 6…

So I know that what you say is a genuine, real thing of the Holy Spirit of God Who moved on you. So glad to hear that. It is rare.

Blessings to you this day. Hold on to that no matter what all of Hell attempts to throw at you to discourage you. Jesus said that the Gates of Hell will not prevail against the church…(that meaning, the real body of Jesus Christ, not the big box, organized, corrupt religious, lip-professing, carnal church of today.)

Shalom

• Pale rider says:

Revealing you say that about big box church. I feel hesitant to say anything against the church. Having said that it seems they are holding the power and best parts away from believers. In church it was the believers you really don’t see that were more like you. And many pushed away not embraced and able to share, teach.
                So you had a near death? Mine was my first child’s conception, the Holy Spirit woke me to fill me. I only had a vision of the colors you described but more real than here, yes. Like every hair is under a microscope. I desperately try to dig deeper into the spiritual aspect of everything. I watch and read the ND experiences and find so much there and you can tell who is making it up and who is genuine. That is part of the holy spirt gifts, very cool. Truth is like a bright light.

• angellestaria6674 says:

It’s not so much talking against the church, but rather speaking up and identifying the error, idolatry, worldliness of so many lip-professing Christians. We are to discern and take note of the difference between the holy and the profane, otherwise be able to identify good fruit and bad fruit. And the real church is the genuine body of Christ wherever His members are, and that is not necessarily contained in the organized church (all denominations, not just any single one of them).

Anyway, no, my experiences had nothing to do with coming close to death. Now, I have been on the threshold of death many times in the last 30+ years because of other situations and the Lord was very gracious to deliver me each and every time, though some times came way too close for comfort and I pretty much thought that was the end.

But my experiences came while I was wide awake. Not sleeping, Not dreaming, but being in a state of very deep prayer and communion. This was the kind of state John was in…he said in Revelation 1:10…”I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day.” when he got the Revelation of Jesus Christ. That is often the kind of state one is in when the Lord blesses with such rare experiences. The Lord is not going to give such wonderful blessing in one’s state of casualness. None of my experiences occurred while being near death.

Be blessed and have a great week. I will remember to pray for you for God to take you further and even deeper yet into His fellowship, knowledge, grace and wisdom.

We have an awesome God!

Shalom

• Pale rider says:

Thank you! I’d ask you a thousand questions if I could. You gave me a direction I guess it means God is leading me forward, I have been praying for that direction the last few nights.. Have a blessed week, and yes so awesome.

• angellestaria6674 says:

He is. I definitely witness that in my heart about you. It is one of the main reasons I am here commenting. It is my first directive to be able to contribute to the life-force of God and His Holy Spirit in people’s hearts, thinking and faith here at the CTH .

Btw, you may be interested in reading my very long comment over on today’s Our Father Prayer open thread. It is some excerpts in a piece I wrote called A LETTER TO RUDYARD KIPLING…talks about Washington D.C…all the evil of the day. The music I used is rather hard-hitting, but so are my words and music needed to match the thrust of the subject.

Shalom

• angellestaria6674 says:

Will sure be glad when you find out how Mark’s surgery went.

Have a great Sunday!

• Lucille says:

I posted a couple of vids the other day. Surgery went well, though they did have to take a bit of brain tissue also. Mark is home and posting videos of his progress. This one is from Friday, 18th….

• angellestaria6674 says:

Thank you so much for posting the video. I guess I missed yours the other day.

Mark sounds really well. For being on pain meds, I thought he was communicating and getting his thoughts across quiet well and efficiently.

Whatever of brain tissue they took out, if apparently does not effect his communication skill. Sounds like a very loving person.

From this one person, myself, who has my own serious and sometimes critical health issues, several, prayers will continue. Mine are different from his, but I know the fear, the darkness, the shattering of the CNS so bad sometimes that I can’t even think. All diseases are bad, but there is a commonality of how they affect our emotions and thinking. But the greatest common factor we all have is the Lord our God Who promised He will never leave us or forsake us….and when you living on the edge of one minute between life and death, that is everything that you must hold fast to. Been there, done that, still doing it.

Thx again for the update. I asked you about him because I knew I could have missed something you already posted.

Shalom to you, to Mark and his whole family! Hope Sunday is great for all of you.

6. citizen817 says:

7. citizen817 says:

• olderwiser21 says:

Wow! I hope that somehow these people get reported and have their medical licenses taken away. That right there, folks, is pure evil. Please, someone who is on Twitter and knows how it works, find these people and report them.

• Rynn69 says:

I call BS on the phlebotomist. No patient would allow 5-10 sticks without asking for someone else and this person would absolutely be reported by an RN or physician.

• Nevermore says:

How can he tell the difference between a Republican and a liberal? Unless the Republicans don’t have horns growing out of their heads?

• highdezertgator says:

Psalm 5: 3-7
      3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
      in the morning I lay my requests before you
      and wait expectantly.
      4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
      with you, evil people are not welcome.
      5 The arrogant cannot stand
      in your presence.
      You hate all who do wrong;
      6 you destroy those who tell lies.
      The bloodthirsty and deceitful
      you, Lord, detest.
      7 But I, by your great love,
      can come into your house;
      in reverence I bow down
      toward your holy temple.

• Rynn69 says:

Not good enough. This physician-in-training must lose any licenses she now possesses and be banned from obtaining an MD, DO or DEA license in the United States.

8. Garrison Hall says:

Boca Livre is a popular close harmony group in Brazil. Roberta Sa is, well, Roberta Sa . . .

9. angellestaria6674 says:

Very nice, Garrison!

10. piper567 says:

Rand Pau just introduced a Life begins at Conception Bill.
    Doubt it will go anywhere, but it just occurred to me if the Senate starts “writing” bills which are sorta common sense, then sends them over to the House where they will be rejected, this could be a great tactic to continue to let Americans know where the constipation originates.
    The President may be able to con the Turtle into this newish way of doing things, at least when its important.
    ???

• An American says:

Piper567, IMO, regarding the Senate writing bills and sending them to the House, what a waste this would be. And for us that have been paying attention, what the “he double hockey sticks” were they doing the past two years when the so called Republicans had both houses? And McConnell runs his mouth now knowing nothing is going to happen is all for show! SPIT!

• piper567 says:

American, I was, only looking at from the perspective of the President’s ammunition, and his ability to publicize the resistance of the House. I agree w/you…such a tactic may accomplish not much, but we already know not many are on the side of the President.
        If the House is always is the chamber that is labelled the roadblock, this may be to the President’s advantage.

11. Lucille says:

What the IRS can and should do to rein in pro-jihad and “Palestinian” propaganda at universities
    January 19, 2019 by Robert Spencer

Universities today are not institutions of higher learning, but indoctrination centers for far-Left propaganda. Leonard Getz, a retired IRS official, here explains how the IRS can and should put a stop to this.

• Rynn69 says:

Instead of the hen-watching-the-hen-house strategy in this article, the American people – specifically parents – should not send their kids to leftist universities. Once America’s parents start scouting out and rejecting propaganda pushing universities, the administration will either stop the SJW BS or die.

12. nwtex says:

13. nwtex says:

awwwww

14. nwtex says:

15. nwtex says:

Huh?? 🤔

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    ‏Verified account @AOC
    13 Jan 2019

Behind every strong woman… are more strong women.

16. Thank you for sharing a great post!

17. smiley says:

Moon Madness

tempera on panel

1982

Crescent Moon

tempera/panel

(no date)

Andrew Wyeth ~ American (1917-2009) ~ Realism

🙂

18. smiley says:

Winter WeatherSNOW

Snowstorm Ramps Up In Northeast After Turning Deadly In Midwest

Jan 20, 2019

state of emergency declared in Pennsylvania and New jersey, ahead of this brutally cold
    blizzard system.

19. Dora says:

Jonas Lie (1880–1940)

Manhattan

20. Deplorable_Infidel says:

What’s up in space

THE SOLAR WIND IS COMING: A hole in the sun’s atmosphere is turning to face Earth, and it is spewing a stream of solar wind in our direction. Minor G1-class geomagnetic storms and polar auroras are possible when the gaseous material arrives on Jan. 23rd. Aurora Alerts: SMS text, email.

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUPERMOON: There’s a total eclipse this weekend–and it’s going to be super. On Sunday evening, Jan. 20th, at 8:41 pm PST (11:41 pm EST) the shadow of our planet will engulf the full Moon, transforming the grey lunar disk into a coppery-red orb. Totality lasts for more than an hour. This graphic created by science artist Larry Koehn depicts key moments of the eclipse in the Pacific time zone:

Other time zones are also available: GMT, AST, EST, CST, MST, PST, AKST, HST.

The eclipse will be “super” both figuratively and literally. During the shadow crossing, the Moon will be within 14 hours of perigee, its closest point to Earth. This makes the Moon a “supermoon,” almost 8% wider than an average full Moon. Normally, a supermoon would be about 16% brighter than average. The eclipse, however, will dim the supermoon, allowing stars to pop out around the swollen orb

What makes the eclipsed Moon turn red? A quick trip to the Moon provides the answer: Imagine yourself standing on a dusty lunar plain looking up at the sky. Overhead hangs Earth, nightside down, completely hiding the sun behind it. The eclipse is underway.

You might expect Earth seen in this way to be utterly dark, but it’s not. The rim of the planet looks like it is on fire. As you scan your eye around Earth’s circumference, you’re seeing every sunrise and every sunset in the world, all of them, all at once. This incredible light beams into the heart of Earth’s shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the Moon into a great red orb.

21. smiley says:

Tonight starting at 11:41 EST til 12:45 am will be the total Super Blood Wolf lunar eclipse

the next one won’t be until May 2021…

watch it LIVE Streaming here….

Super Moon
    Blood Moon
    Wolf Moon

all at once !

more about it, at the link.

best viewing on eastern side of USA but will be visible everywhere in America…hopefully the winter storm cloud cover won’t hinder.

😀

22. getfitnow says:

Thank you Mr. Srulovicz

What is a man? A response to Gillette

23. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
    Matthew 4:4 (KJV)

24. Dora says:

The wall is not the only sticking point. Pelosi wants to bring back the Mexico City policy. More abortions.

25. duchess01 says:

Funniest Horse Act Ever! Tommie Turvey and Pokerjoe! – Night of the
    Horse 2015 – #DMNHS

26. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

This was in the local cBS affiliate, and from the lying AP. It absolutely is not what happened.

MUST READ: Covington Catholic Student Begs Local TV News to Tell the Truth About Native American Incident In DC

• Bendix says:

Of course it wasn’t want happened.
      You know what, though?
      I wouldn’t care if young people did say rude things to some old coot who was getting in their faces.
      What is e supposed to be, a Sacred Medicine Man or something.

I’m glad these particular kids didn’t do anything like that, of course. Not that they ever would.

27. duchess01 says:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2019
    Woe! Woe! Woe! Unto You Abortion America!

28. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

29. Bendix says:

I was somehow posting away on the Open Thread, before I realized it was yesterday’s.

I was just thinking about how I blew my chance, I was going to rehabilitate an old grapevine out back, and put up some kind of trellis structure, preferably attached to a shed, for it to climb on.
    That would have come in very handy today, as the snow is already burying the peanuts I put out, and the bird feeder could use a drier area underneath it, or at least an area where it was easier to shovel away the accumulating snow.

I’d been looking at some of those fancy roofed structures for hanging bird feeders, some have mesh
    underneath, but I told myself not at this time.
    Nothing like a major snowstorm to get yourself thinking about the cores etc. you could have done in the fall.

Oh well. I still have cardinals, blue jays, chickadees, and nuthatches, even in the snow.
    I may go out later when the birds aren’t around, and shovel the area under the feeder a little so the snow doesn’t reach it and get the bird seed wet.

I at least got the seed and peanuts stocked up on a few days ago, so I wouldn’t run out right when I needed them the most and couldn’t easily get out.
    My car is buried in the driveway, and I plan on leaving it right where it is for at least another 18 hours or so,

• amwick says:

Stay safe!
      Here is is a frigid 50 (ish) but the wind is strong. :/

• Janie M. says:

My son was driving home (IL) from AL He is installing internet wiring/devices for a chain of burger restaurants. It should be a 10+ hour drive at best. He would take a brief break midway because of the distance. Anyway, on Friday, when we had that hellacious snow storm, he made good time until he hit IL. Under normal circumstances, it should have then been about a 5 hour drive the rest of the way. Believe he left AL at 10-11 a.m. Friday morning.
        The roads in IL were so bad (I-55), he didn’t make it home until around 7:00 Saturday morning due to whiteout and road conditions. All the vehicles (including semis) on the expressway were slowly driving in the middle lane, single file, with their hazard blinkers on. The expressway has 3 lanes each for northbound and southbound traffic. He was relying on the tire ruts in the snow for guidance due to poor visibility.
        He called me at 4:52 a.m. after stopping for coffee and food at Denney’s and said I shouldn’t wait up, he was more than an hour away. Yesterday evening (at home) he said the amount of road you could normally travel in 5 minutes was taking 45.
        I moved to IL in Dec. ’72 so I am well aware of how hazardous our winters can be. If I can ever afford it, I’m moving out of this state.

• Janie M. says:

My apologies, I should have created larger spacing between paragraphs. 🙁

• amwick says:

I am so sorry to hear about that. I have had three white knuckle trips from PA to Myrtle Beach. The last one my husband really could not walk, it was a disaster trying to get him into a rest area.
          Never again. Hope all is well now. We miss our old home, but not the weather.

• mopar2016 says:

Glad he made it alright Janie.
          That’s a long drive in good weather, and way worse in bad weather.
          I can remember driving from Florida back to Illinois in bad weather one time.
          Seemed like I’d never make it back to Waukegan but I did.

• Janie M. says:

Thanks, Mopar. We live in the northern part of the state also. I waited for him to call me, didn’t want to be a distraction (although my stomach kept churning between the passing hours) and during one of our brief calls I told him he should find a motel and stay until the morning daylight. Nothing worse than driving in a snow storm at night. But he ignored my suggestion, he’s stubborn that way (guess he takes after me 😆). I was staying up because I always help him unload the equipment on his van. Too expen$ive to leave things to chance.

• I was reading this last night and was unable to reply. Laptop was weird. I am glad your son made it home safe and sound. Nothing worse than driving in a white out, it’s very stressful. Worst blizzard ever was driving the NW corner of NM from Raton to Clayton, (first town with a decent hotel) with my kids and hauling a trailer. No smart person on the road, no snow plows, snow coming straight at you, no towns of mention, no motels and trying to stay in the middle of the road because sliding off the road is not an option. That will go down for me as worst ever, driving 80 miles took over five hours. Glad your son got some good rest, he needed it!

• Janie M. says:

Hola and gracias itmatterstome, my fellow New Mexican! I lived in Las Cruces from about the age of 9, to a week before my 19th birthday and rarely ever saw snow since I was so far south. The furthest north I had traveled while living in NM was visiting Ruidoso on a brief day trip. It appears your “blizzard” experience was similar to what my son encountered. I recall him saying during one of his calls while on I-55, he didn’t see any snow plows. Their limited presence may have been obscured by the whiteout.

30. Dora says:

31. wtd says:

US authorities have begun an effort to ban all forms of internet gambling, reversing course from a 2011 decision and imperiling a burgeoning online wagering sector in several American states

vs.
    Sports betting in New York: Upstate casinos will soon get the go-ahead

32. Janie M. says:

Beyond adorable. It’s obvious Bailey loves his little girl. Sadly, he passed away in December, 2018:

33. amwick says:

There are no words!! sweetest thing ever!!!

34. Monticello says:

I am tweeting and emailing members of Congress and Right Wing press and everyone else that I can think of to remind of Pelosi past abuse of military funds and resources to fly her back and forth to Ca. and every other junket she can dream up.

She has at times even claimed reimbursement from the Air Force when flying commercial.
    Elitist abuse from 2006.

Please join in and reach out to everyone, let’s join in ridiculing her.

35. bessie2003 says:

In the area i live, beginning January 9, there has been a series of murders of senior citizens, four in total. The Washoe County (Reno/Sparks) and Douglas County (Carson City) Nevada law enforcement have been working together to find and apprehend this serial killer.

They just completed a joint press conference. They arrested a 19 year old illegal immigrant, who had been in this area for about one year, for these series of murders.

A great sense of relief can be felt already, one sheriff said, it’s okay to go back to living our lives – normally. They have him in custody, it’s one person only responsible for these murders (also stole property from his victims) and he is along with all the other charges, on an Immigration Hold – so he ain’t going anywhere, no sanctuary city stuff here.

One of the reporters in closing of the press conference figured this may get the attention of the national press because of his illegal status. Not because he’s a serial killer, but because he’s here illegally!

Law enforcement did a wonderful job working together, not letting jurisdiction or political correctness get in the way.

It’s been an unsettling 10 days wondering who was in danger; Build That Wall!

36. David says:

Hi American friends, did you know that Israel is the only country ever to attack a nuclear reactor?
    Actually Israel did it twice. See actual footage:

37. Pa Hermit says:

After a week and a half of total cloud cover, we have clear skies for the eclipse tonite at 12:15 AM! SW Pa is blessed, too bad I’ll be at work!

38. patrickhenrycensored says:

“I have something for you, patrick”…………………………………..

39. duchess01 says:

PATRICK POEM

There once was a guy named Patrick
    Word concoctions were his Hat Trick
    While reading along
    Trying to belong
    He slips in a Dip Schtick.

His brain is so quick
    When you least expect it
    He drops in a line
    With words so sublime
    And Wild Whimsical Wit.

40. duchess01 says:

Dora – a friend of mine sent this to me – I do not have a link – so must post it here – from the Bishop of Albany to the Governor of NY –

Bishop writes open letter to Gov. Cuomo
    Saturday, January 19, 2019 5:34 PM

Dear Governor Cuomo,

Although in your recent State of the State address you cited your Catholic faith and said we should “stand with Pope Francis,” your advocacy of extreme abortion legislation is completely contrary to the teachings of our pope and our Church. Once truth is separated from fiction and people come to realize the impact of the bill, they will be shocked to their core. By that time, however, it may be too late to save the countless lives that will be lost or spare countless women lifelong regret.

The so-called Reproductive Health Act (RHA) will expand abortion under the pretenses of choice and progress, which, in fact, it will do little to enhance. At the same time, this legislation threatens to rupture the communion between the Catholic faith and those who support the RHA even while professing to follow the Church, something that troubles me greatly as a pastor.

Contrary to what its proponents say, the RHA goes far beyond Roe vs. Wade in its aggressive extremism. Granting non-doctors permission to perform abortions does nothing to advance the security and health of women. Condoning coerced or involuntary abortions by repealing criminal sanctions even in cases where a perpetrator seeks to make his partner “un-pregnant” through an act of physical violence does not represent any kind of progress in the choice, safety or health of women. Removing protection for an infant accidentally born alive during an abortion is abject cruelty, something most people of conscience would deem inhumane for even a dog or cat. Finally, allowing late-term abortions is nothing less than a license to kill a pre-born child at will.

It is very difficult to understand how you can align yourself with Pope Francis and so vehemently advocate such profoundly destructive legislation.

I find myself wondering how it can be viewed as “progress” to have gone from a society working to make abortion “rare” to one that urges women to “shout your abortion” as some advocates of this bill boldly announce.

How is it progress to ignore the harm that this will do, not only to innocent infants, born and unborn, but to their mothers? Does the heartache of so many New York women who have been pained by their abortion decisions matter? Is anyone listening to them? How is it really “pro-choice” when a law, which claims to guarantee choice, moves to expand only one option for women?

If abortion is deemed a fundamental right in New York State, will the State then still be able to issue licenses to pro-life nurses or physicians? Will health facilities which do not provide abortions be certified? Will the law allow that even one dollar be given to maternity services without offering women the “choice” of abortion? These are unanswered questions, but I shudder to think of the consequences this law will wreak. You have already uttered harsh threats about the welcome you think pro-lifers are not entitled to in our state. Now you are demonstrating that you mean to write your warning into law. Will being pro-life one day be a hate crime in the State of New York?

Our young people especially, who have seen their sonograms and who follow the discoveries the sciences have made, know the lies and the despair that proponents of such dangerous and death-dealing legislation are promulgating, even if blindly or unwittingly.

Giving up on life is no excuse for us as a responsible and compassionate people. In so doing, we evade the challenge of accompanying women and the families they are trying to nurture on the long journey. They deserve our courageous and ongoing support in creating conditions under which they will be free to bear and provide for their children.

As a society, we can and must do better. The teaching and intuition of our common faith readies us to help. It is an essential part of our mission to support the lives of all, especially the voiceless, the most vulnerable and marginalized, as Pope Francis always reminds us to do.

Let’s not bequeath to our children a culture of death, but together build a more humane society for the lives of all of our fellow citizens.

Mr. Cuomo, do not build this Death Star.

Sincerely yours,
    Most Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger
    Bishop of Albany

41. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

42. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.