December 18th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #698

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,807 Responses to December 18th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #698

1. Just got back from the saloon. They shouldn’t allow libs to drink; their yapping drove me out.

I think Mueller has subjected Lady Justice to almost two years of foreplay and today he made the big score……….

2. Marcia says:

As a retired Magistrate I think that Judge Sullivan wants out of the entire Flynn mess and one way to do that is to say what he did today; i.e., basically accusing Flynn of treason, something for which he was not charged. Judge Sullivan takes a break from the bench and then comes back and apologizes which certainly gives the appearance of him having a preconceived bias in this case.
    The end result-he recuses himself because of the appearance of impropriety. Hope this does not happen; however, it is one explanation for the strange behavior of the Judge today.

• mimbler says:

That is a very interesting thought, It certainly would explain the inexplicable action of the judge.

• MaineCoon says:

I posted a similar thought today. He’s been burned once in the name of justice in. The Steven’s case. What kind of coincidence is it that he is “randomly” assigned this case after Contreas’ recusal….

3. Mark says:

Bonjour to bongino. I listened to his show a few times, just like the rest. Pretending he has inside info and knows things…blah blah blah. Tick tock broken clock

• Avi says:

maybe, but many posters on this site had pushed all kinds on BS theories

• Bo3484 says:

It’s all been to sell advertising by keeping people hopeful and watching for a just outcome.

It’s clearly all a sharade. ALL of it.

• Bo3484 says:

The product they are selling to keep people watching and clicking is hope and fear.

As we have seen with this entire sharade, the results however were never intended to be just or ‘of, by and for the people’.

• Katherine McCoun says:

The product is clicks…or the product is a passive Trump Base while the MAGA agenda is completely derailed by the Uniparty and the Trump Administration is hamstrung by the Deep State.

President Trump won the election but they will not let him be fully President and lead his administration and implement the agenda for which the majority of people voted in the majority of states.

Steele, a foreign agent, clearly stated that his “research”, his info for which he paid DNC/Hillary $ to Russian sources, his dossier on President Trump was the back up plan by Hillary & the DNC should President Trump accidentally win the Nov ’16 election.

President Trump must be clean or they would have found so much more months and months ago but they had no idea how clean he was and thought they would be able to get rid of him.

However, they have been successful in sapping momentum and political strength/leverage from him and his admin. But not from him personally. He is incredible the way he continues to work for US.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Ok…. Exactly what part of the MAGA agenda is de-railed?

Cutting taxes? No
              Create a booming economy? No
              Bringing jobs back to America? No
              Lowest unemployment rate in in 40 years…
              Getting us out of TPP

Come on……this Mueller stuff is just a sideshow……they can’t do anything to the President…….or stop MAGA

That’s why they are going after his supporters……

Let Trump be Trump

• Katherine McCoun says:

Yes, I could write an even longer list of accomplishments and often do as I counter leftists on comments sections on news sites and elected officials fb and other social media.

But The Wall – border security. Nice improvements but we Need a Significant border barrier, immigration law enforcement & reform.

• Katherine McCoun says:

PS: President Trump has NEVER disappointed me, ever, & has never let me down. The areas of MAGA that have yet to be implemented/accomplished are those areas that need Congress &/or the DOJ &/or other parts of the Fed gov.

The constant Mueller, impeachment talk, fed gov/deep state & media undermining of President do sap some of his political leverage/power & do hinder him from being able to freely act.

That is all I am talking about. President Trump is doing a fantastic job, esp. considering all he has been up against from the very start.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

I understand, but the MAGA being de-railed portion of your comment, struck me as odd.

No issues Katherine……never are….I hope you and your family are well.

Take care and have a Merry Christmas

• Katherine McCoun says:

Thank you for your kind words. I got weary today. I know President aTrump never tires, doesn’t grow weary and always sees the possible.

However, I am not as good as he is. I am an optimistic person, even have the nick name smiley, irritate people with my chirpy morning personality and have been a steadfast fighter for MAGA and President Trump. But today I grew tired. Not because of Flynn specifically but just the drama of the Mueller witch hunt in general and the border and illegal immigration issues.

I am aready getting back to my usual and will be fine by morning. Thank you and others for not blasting me. I didn’t think the sky was falling but I do think not getting border barrier funding Stinks! But POTUS is still in there swinging so I will be too!

• lurker2 says:

The number of people who believe in “boom” or “the plan” is dwindling, I think. But we haven’t lost hope, we’ve just adjusted our attitudes.

• Kintbury says:

I would suggest you start listening to Chris Matthews and his ilk, or perhaps even NPR. You are sure to keep up with events there.

• Sedanka says:

Sick of all of them. I don’t think a single one of the predictors of “The Big Storm” (or whatever Q people call it this week) has been correct. I don’t doubt their political beliefs but as analysts they’ve done little more than peddle delusion, fantasies and wishful thinking since Trump was elected.

4. lurker2 says:

OK now I’m really confused. NYT article says Mr. Flynn faces up to six months in prison, but federal prosecutors have recommended a lenient sentence, including the possibility of probation, because Mr. Flynn has provided “substantial help” with multiple criminal inquiries.

If sentenced today it would have been 6 months or less? And it might have just been probation? I think fed inmates do 85% of their time, 6 months would have been 5. I don’t know what the heck Flynn is doing here. This is a guy with so much military experience, he’s no softy, and yet on the surface it appears he’s afraid to be in prison. I just don’t get it. I would do the Martha Stewart thing and go ahead and do the time and get it over with. Trump can pardon him later and wipe everything clean.

• lurker2 says:

AND I want to add here instead of doing what Martha did, Flynn is now apparently going to help prosecute two of his business partners who were charged yesterday. Sorry but that’s just slimey. I could turn around later but right now I have lost all respect for Flynn.

5. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Pretty sure this guy is a defense lawyer. He’s a very smart, well-traveled guy.

I think that’s basically it, although what Mueller is looking for in the Flynn plea may be slightly more than just the Comey thing, in my opinion. We’ll see in the future.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Woops. WRong tweet. Sorry, here’s the correct one:

• lurker2 says:

Apparently Flynn is going to help with the prosecution of two of his ex business partners and it has to do with Turkey, not Russia.

I would have more respect for Flynn if he would have just taken the sentence and gone to prison (like Martha Stewart, get it done) or fight the charge.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

I think Flynn is being leveraged hard by Mueller. Likely over his son. That is, I think Flynn wants to protect his son from any prosecution. Hence the deal with Mueller.

Basically, it looks like Flynn has to fall on his sword to protect his son. I might be wrong on that, but that’s what it seems like at the moment. And Mueller is squeezing Flynn as hard as he can.

• Eaglemom says:

Yes, that is exactly what I think is going on too. Mueller needs Flynn sentenced for lying to FBI about Russia so they can roll out the obstruction charge against the President. Mueller’s shot for an obstruction charge is the President asking Comey to go easy on Flynn. I think the obstruction narrative would have begun immediately after sentencing today with the media and special counsel. I did notice yesterday that the media began saying that Mueller still wanted to sit down with the President.

• lurker2 says:

Did Sullivan ask Flynn if he wanted to withdraw his plea? I thought he asked if Flynn wanted to delay the sentencing so he could finish “cooperating” with Mueller.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

I think he asked him that, yes. I did not watch the hearing so I can’t say for sure.

I believe that Sullivan felt things would go differently today than they did, like many of us felt. He seemed surprised at Flynn’s actions. But he knows what’s going on, that’s for sure. He knows Flynn has been wronged.

6. wyntre says:

AOS presents the cynic’s view of today’s Flynn fiasco.

Clinton-Appointed Judge in Flynn Sentencing Hearing Accuses Him of Treason, Suggests He’ll Sentence Him Beyond What the Plea Deal Calls for

—Ace of Spades

#TheResistance has a new hero.

“The Clinton-appointed judge, Emmett Sullivan, claimed that Flynn’s suggestion that the FBI misled him (which it, you know, did) cast doubt on Flynn’s acceptance of culpability. The not-so-veiled threat from the judge is that if Flynn wouldn’t repudiate his previous complaints about the FBI, he’d toss out the plea deal and sentence Flynn more harshly than the plea called for.

He also badgered both Flynn and the prosecutor about whether Flynn had committed “treason.”
    Though then, after he returned from a break, this Clinton appointee said he wanted to “clarify” that his own previous claim that Flynn was working in the White House when his contacts with foreigners occurred. I guess he bothered to read the actual facts and corrected himself — well, “clarified” — that Flynn wasn’t in the White House and that he was now not “suggesting” treason.

Which is actually exactly what he did before.

Basically the judge seems to be threatening Flynn with jail time unless he offers more to the Mueller investigation. Flynn has gotten that message, and now says he wants to delay sentencing because he might cooperate more with Mueller.

The court has delayed sentencing to permit this. So, no sentencing today. After threatening Flynn for an hour, Flynn got the message and said he would cooperate more.”

• lurker2 says:

The guideline max sentence is only 6 months. Sullivan would not have sentenced him to more. 6 months is nothing! This is bizarre. Flynn could have had his sentence done many months ago when Mueller first asked for a delay, Flynn’s attorneys could have said “NO” and proceeded with the sentencing! Instead we’ve had month after month of fake news nonsense about Flynn because Flynn doesn’t want to be sentenced and keeps agreeing to delays, and now this time his own attorneys requested it (after Sullivan offered it). Flynn will now (apparently) help prosecute two of his ex business partners. On the surface it appears Flynn is throwing everyone under the bus, including Trump, to try to get probation.

• paulraven1 says:

Very interesting, thanks. I haven’t checked into AofS for awhile. The judge sounds like a ideologue and an idiot.

7. wyntre says:

Here’s the entire Robert Barnes thread on Flynn – again.

8. MakeAmericaGreat says:

POTUS roundtable on school safety. This isn’t the official WH video, but seems fairly complete. Took place after WHPB, I think.

9. notyetbeguntofight says:

Gallup: Americans Say No. 1 Problem is ‘Government,’ No. 2 is ‘Immigration

“A new survey shows that the ‘top problem’ cited by Americans is ‘government,’ and the second top problem is ‘immigration.’ For contrast, among the issues seen as least problematic for Americans are ‘unemployment-jobs’ and ‘gun control/guns.’
    “In the survey, conducted by Gallup after the midterm elections, the polling firm asked Americans about the country’s top problems and then listed those issues that were ‘mentioned by at least 3% of respondents.’
    “Nineteen percent of respondents cited ‘government’ as the problem, making it the top issue of concern. In second place came ‘immigration,’ cited by 16% of the respondents. However, when broken down politically, 29% of Republicans said immigration is a problem but only 7% of Democrats said the same.”

• Buck says:

Massive Central Government is Always The Problem, Never the answer!
      How about another massive CR to continue to fund Obama’s spending programs?
      Merry Christmas!

• lurker2 says:

That’s funny that “unifying the country” is below 10%. The punidts keep harping on it, people at GHWB’s funeral did too, but it’s just not a real issue.

10. Concerned Virginian says:

Can somebody please explain the reasoning behind the “latest scandal news” that the Trump Foundation is now going to dissolve and give away its assets within the next 30 days? This situation is apparently part of the New York State AG, Underwood, going after the Trump family in any and all possible ways. Underwood says the dissolvement won’t stop her “investigation”.
    Not only that, but the dissolvement can happen only under New York State judicial supervision. The Trump family can’t even dissolve its own foundation privately
    http://www.msn.com/ with further credit to NBC News

• Johnny says:

You got your legal advice for President of the United States from msn? Go worry under the bridge. Scandal News, what a damn joke. Reading the comments on here today I would have stayed in the house because the sky had fallen and it was the end of the world. Invasion of the Worry Trolls!

Clean up aisle 3

11. HickTick says:

I don’t know where all you , , ( I told you so ) came from , but if that’s all you have to add to the
    conversation then keep it to yourself . PDJT don’t need no weak , scared whiners in his Army .,
    I remember many times it appeared to be dark and then the Buick President Trump threw at them hit . . When Billy Bush leaked that video of the President , I didn’t think we could recover , but we did .

12. duchess01 says:

FACT SHEETS

President Donald J. Trump Is Committed to Making Our Schools Safer
    EDUCATION
    Issued on: December 18, 2018

13. No link, but watching Fox and they just reported that Mueller came out on top of that mysterious matter involving a subpoena to compel testimony from an unknown entity. The subpoena was served on an unnamed foreign company (apparently doing business in the US, hence the jurisdiction for the subpoena)..
    Not much info, but what just broke isn’t favorable for the home team.

14. FofBW says:

Just a small reminder that PT has done more than any President in such a short time.

Seems all we focus on now (probably by deep state psy-ops) is the swamp and how it appears to be as deep and evil as ever. What else do they have left to try and demoralize us with????

Keep his promises and based on his record, the swamp is just a matter of time.

• Sedanka says:

Can’t speak for anyone else here, but they never demoralize me. All they can do at this point is make me hate them even more and be even less receptive to anything they say (and I mean ALL liberals, not just ones who are “in power”).

• Johnny says:

This is a damn worry troll convention for last 2 days. Just one negative comments after another.

Nothing but links to liberal news sites spewing their socialist propganda

• Abster says:

Every site…Debbie Downer. I suppose partly to blame on current events also stress of holidays. We have to support our President and the work he is doing. Look at his many, many accomplishments. We will always have peaks and valleys. Get a grip!

• Avi says:

perhaps if trumps supporters had been unified and energized fro the beginning in fighting Nazi Mullers witch hunt we wouldn’t be so down,
        but for 15 months we get BS pushed down our throats about “Trust the Plan”,”Trust Sessions”, ‘Big Ugly”, Mullers a white Hat” “Hubers got 60,000 sealed indictments”,”64-D chess”
        And when we questioned that nonsense we get told we are “concern trolls”or yore’s.
        Somehow I think that real trolls were on this site pushing that nonsense to gaslight Trump supporters.

15. Sedanka says:

Multiple bizarre tags on every other article, but the daily Presidential Poliitics thread (the most popular one on the site) is just “Uncategorized.” Any chance of getting a “Presidential Politics” tag on this so we can bookmark it to go directly to the discussion every day?

16. snarkybeach says:

NPR was all excited about what the President didn’t say about the border wall. One of the scum reporters was screaming about backing down from $5 billion and the President said “we need border security.” NPR went on to dissect that phrase to mean he was giving in to the victorious Democrats.

17. Dora says:

18. magatrump says:

IMHO This is the hill to die on. It would make Trump look strong brave and steadfast. It is a central campaign promise. Either Trump gets the 5 billion he wants or the government stays shut.
    Let the Dems and GOP shake in fear as the shutdown goes on and on for months while Trump stands brave and his supporters back him 110%.

• Johnny says:

Damn straight

• Sedanka says:

Perhaps that’s exactly where we’re headed. But often the threat is all that’s needed to get the deal. It’s rarer that one has to follow through on the threat.

• Sparky5253 says:

Nobody will even miss the government were it to shut down for a few weeks. Essential services will continue as usual.

• mashall says:

The Entire Planet is Watching, with more Illegal Alien Invaders in route that you and I and every other U.S. Citizen will be forced to support with out taxes or have our property confiscated or be jailed and/or fined.
        Turn off the Sports and Entertainment.
        The Tyranny is Real.
        The IRS Agents won’t have a Democrat or Republican button on their suit.

• Johnny says:

Glad to see another citizen that recognizes the threat at our southern border. If they are allowed in the country, we will cease to exist. We will have South Africa happening right here. That will be the first thing they go after is our property.

• mashall says:

Federal, State, and Local (City and County) Taxing Entities will drain the prosperity bought with the toil of our forefathers and ourselves, to pay for these Invading Foreign National Irregular Armies. The Tax drain is Unreal.
            Everyone who has any property, real estate or liquid capital, will have it sheared off like a sheep’s wool. Neighbors will turn in neighbors so all share the misery of Socialism=Communism.

• upper379 says:

What if we find out that after the govt. shutdown nobody misses them. Therefore our attack should be focused on shrinking the government, decentralizing all departments throughout the land, pay cuts ,term limits and so on. Good for the budget and deficit that no one wants to touch.

• mashall says:

upper379, that is what I’m praying for. Shut down Non-Essential Departments/Programs.

When someone’s Homestead/Property is repossessed because of un-affordable property Taxes which are paying for Illegal Alien’s in public schools. This is Tyranny.

When any Government allows Illegal Alien Invaders and their Chain Immigration of relatives they can sponsor to consume Taxpayer funded services/opportunities of any kind, and they are sending the cash they earn illegally, out of our Nation. Draining the Tax Base that US Citizens must fund. This is Tyranny.

Taxation without Representation is Tyranny.

19. mashall says:

“The investigation began with the Aug. 19, 2017 death of Eliud Montoya, 41, who was found shot to death near his home in Garden City, Ga. Two days before his death, Montoya, a naturalized United States citizen employed by a Savannah-area tree service, had filed a formal complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging that Pablo Rangel-Rubio ran a scheme to employ illegal aliens at the tree service, profiting from the company while also skimming pay from the illegal workers. Four months earlier, Montoya also had reported the scheme to company officials.

According to the indictment, authorities allege Pablo Rangel-Rubio paid Perez-Bravo to assist Juan Rangel-Rubio in killing Montoya in retaliation for reporting the conspiracy that is believed to have netted the brothers more than $3.5 million during the approximate 10-year period of the scheme.”

20. duchess01 says:

URGENT 🔴 President Donald Trump SHOCKS the Nation when he Unveils his School Safty Directive

President Trump participates in a roundtable discussion on the Federal Commission on Schools Safety report.

21. patrickhenrycensored says:

Open Thread
    Trump Hotel Gingerbread Elevator

22. patrickhenrycensored says:

23. patrickhenrycensored says:

24. linda4298 says:

Isn’t it fascinating that the R’s let Obama put all that money on a plane to Iran, and it was just fine.

25. MakeAmericaGreat says:

The Senate has passed the Criminal Justice Reform bill. Not sure these are the exact numbers, but apparently it’s done.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Final vote was 87-12.

• linda4298 says:

5 replies 22 retweets 25 likes
        Reply 5 Retweet 22 Like 25 Direct message

Frank Thorp V

Verified account

@frankthorp
        Follow Follow @frankthorp
        Here are the 12 NO votes on the criminal justice reform bill that just passed in the Senate 87-12:
        Barrasso
        Cotton
        Enzi
        Kennedy
        Kyl
        Murkowski
        Risch
        Rounds
        Rubio
        Sasse
        Shelby
        Sullivan

6:02 PM – 18 Dec 2

• LBB says:

Kennedy & Cotton a no because they struck down their amendment.

From Washington examiner

“Grassley said Cotton’s amendment is unnecessary because the bill as written aims to help low level offenders and “renders dangerous and violent criminals ineligible for the benefits.” It was soundly defeated in a 37-62 vote.

Senators then voted 33-66 to defeat a provision offered by Cotton and Kennedy that would require a quarterly report on prisoners granted early release as well as notification of the victims of their crimes. The report would include data on inmates released, the crimes they committed and whether they have been rearrested.

“The objective is transparency,” Kennedy said.”

• TMonroe says:

Yes, how dare there actually be accountability measures

• woohoowee says:

Well, defeating two very sensible amendments and a mechanism to monitor what is happing with the recipients of the reform, and most importantly including at least a modicum of respect for the victims does not bode well for the long-term outcome of this legislation. Why no common sense measures and consideration for the victims? Bah! Never let an opportunity to do the right thing be chosen? Typical.

OTOH drug crimes wouldn’t be a massive problem had Congress done their job. Aiding and abetting human and drug trafficking is abominable! Arrest Congress, too!

• linda4298 says:

Big whoop, where is the wall money.

26. linda4298 says:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/ny-attorney-general-trump-foundation-functioned-checkb And the lawsuit filed by the AG isn’t over. According to Underwood’s announcement, the lawsuit — which seeks millions in restitution and penalties and a bar on President Trump and his three eldest children from serving on the boards of other New York charities — remains ongoing. Really, look at the Clinton foundation, there is your checkbook.

27. patrickhenrycensored says:

28. Timmy- the-Ute says:

If Congress is so unified about passing the budget with out funding for the Wall then Pres. Trump should veto the Budget and have congress find the 2/3rd vote to override his veto.