MAGAnomic Report: Job Openings Still Growing 7+ Million Jobs Available…

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has updated the data for the number of jobs that are available in the U.S. economy.  More than 7 million jobs are available for an estimated unemployed labor force (job seekers) of approximately 6 million.

Additionally, what is interesting to note is the sectors where the rate of available jobs is increasing the most. [See Table A – as below]  What you can clearly see is the rate of highest job openings is within the Main Street economy (blue and white collar).

To consider the state of the economy; and contrast the punditry opinion of the economic strength therein; it is important to look at what types of jobs are growing.

Ex. as we can see the “manufacturing” sector available jobs continues to grow at a rate higher than the companies within the industry can hire workers to fill them.

Additionally, and importantly, another sector with expanded job openings is “retail”.  This is a key indicator of downstream consequences from economic growth. People have money to spend, and retailers need workers to support the shopping demand.

When considering the current health and future expansion of the U.S. economy it is an excellent sign that durable goods makers are continuing to add jobs.  More and more manufacturing capacity is coming on-line each month and that means more jobs.

The bottom line is the U.S. Main Street economy is very healthy; wage rates are increasing as a natural outcome of supply/demand within the labor market; and there’s no indication that dynamic is going to change anytime soon.

MAGAnomics makes a balanced economy.

The Trump economic policy simply works.

Jobs, jobs, jobs.

7,000,079 jobs currently available!

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Economy, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to MAGAnomic Report: Job Openings Still Growing 7+ Million Jobs Available…

1. Sentient says:

I always enjoy hearing NPR’s spin on good economic news. They’re not subtle.

• GB Bari says:

My days of intellectual masochism are long gone. I think I stopped trusting and listening to NPR (Never Pro Republican) in the mid-1980s. Even the closet communist Garrison Keillor became obvious to me way back then.

President Reagan exposed a lot of the culture & media commies back then but only about 1/20th of how much President Trump has exposed.

• Mark L. says:

My wife loved Garrison Keillor. Often forced to listen to slanted versions of a liberal’s life in a wonderful country setting. Since he has gone the route of Al Franken, Les Moonves, Matt Laurer, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, James Rosen, Charlie Rose.
        I don’t hear NPR in the kitchen any more.

2. Sporty says:

If you are drug free and sober now is the time to land a decent job. You’d be surprised at the amount of people who don’t fit that profile.

• Ausonius says:

My obese (300 lb.) brother-in-law at age 59 was just hired at a manufacturing firm in a small Ohio town.

He had quit the Chevy dealership where he was their top mechanic: they could not afford to pay him retirement or medical insurance any longer…declining sales.

3. Ausonius says:

Many moons ago it was the wisdom of economists that 3% to 3.5% unemployment is in fact 0% because of people quitting and switching jobs of their own free will,

No, NPR, PBS,CBS, etc. will never report this, just like they never reported the true unemployment under MAObama was between 15%-20%.

MAGA!

4. fleporeblog says:

This is the ultimate dagger 🗡 for all these POS! When you are voting in a Presidential Election, the number 1 factor above everything else is the Economy and your ability to make a living in it.

Look at the folks that benefiting the most.

A Treeper shared the following with me a few days ago and gave me tears in my eyes because she is feeling it and benefiting from it!

Flep, I could not find a steady full time job from 2008 until our VSG was inaugurated, so I nearly keeled over at work yesterday when the big boss sent us a Survey Monkey link with a questionnaire asking us if we are happy with our jobs and pay… Being somewhat cynical, the first thing I thought was, “why is the company all of a sudden concerned about that? Are they trying to weed out the dead weight? What’s going on?” Then I smiled and realized for the first time in many years, “I’m a valuable commodity again!”

There are millions like her and never forget it!

• Vor Daj says:

Trump is the first People’s President since Reagan. All in between owned by the “Big Club”.

• eweturn8 says:

The company I work for has been sending these out for years. 35-40% routinely reply that we are not happy, wouldn’t recommend employment there and don’t trust senior management. I’ve found employment elsewhere.

• Mark L. says:

Just for everyones information. Fortune 500 companies use survey monkey for many things. Some are transparent others not so. One metric of measure is the number or percent that respond to the survey. The Executive’s effectiveness is measured by percent of responders. Makes no difference the content of the survey. A high percentage responding is interpreted by the Board as effective leadership. Consider that next time.

• billygoat65 says:

Thanks for the ammo Flep, keep it coming.

5. Vor Daj says:

SENATOR ORRIN HATCH just let it rip by telling the media to knock it off with the drama about President Trump He says he doesn’t care about Trump’s legal troubles but it’s not what you might think.

Hatch told CNN reporter Manu Raju that this is all a big nothingburger:

Hatch dismisses allegations of Trump crimes over hush money. Asked if he had any concerns, Hatch said: “The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president.” Told it was alleged by SDNY, Hatch told me: “Okay but I don’t care; all I can say is he’s doing a good job as President”

Hatch added this when asked if he was concerned about allegations. “No because I don’t think he was involved in crimes but even then, you know, you can make anything a crime under the current laws; if you want to you can blow it way out of proportion you can do a lot of things.”

Hatch also told me: “President Trump before he became president that’s another world. Since he’s become president this economy has charged ahead. … And I think we ought to judge him on that basis other than trying to drum up things from the past that may or may not be true.”

• GB Bari says:

Good.

Only wish every Republican would drop the BS and get behind the President vocally, in every encounter with the eneMedia that they can arrange.

And none of this BS – “Well, I dont like his tweets or some of the things he says…”

How about “Well, he often has to be blunt and hard-hitting with his messages in order to punch through the media echo chamber of so much inaccuracy, disinformation and twisted narratives.”

• michaelh says:

Yes the “I don’t like his tweets” line has to rank up there as the most pathetic reason ever for disliking a President. He wasn’t elected for his tweets.

• Kate says:

Michaelh, I found that I always liked the President’s tweets due to the fact they kept the press off balance and he silently deregulates and or accomplishes more work than anyone other president was capable of doing.

• michaelh says:

Most people don’t think with your level of insight. They only see the surface, and don’t think like a marketing/communication genius.

I’ve said it before: Trump’s show was “The Apprentice”, not PBS’s “Firing Line”. And last I checked “The Apprentice” did a lot better in ratings and earnings.

6. Sundance, if there’s a chart showing openings as a % of each industry-sector’s employment, it would speak volumes!
    • Constraints on industry-sector growth
    • Pressure to raise industry-sector employee compensation, etc.

7. woohoowee says:

I guess President Trump45 has been waving his magic wand around some more 😉

8. Franklin says:

Retail Sales probably includes Amazon both individuals who are selling Chinese manufactured items and warehouse staff filling orders.

The BLS report needs a lot more explanation.

9. Schmitty says:

I love Trump, but end of decade recession will bottom March 2020… ITZGOINRAIN

10. Milo says:

I applied for a decent sales job a few weeks ago. Received an email reply from the job poster that he had received over 400 resumes over a two day period and was not accepting any more. Obviously, there is a disconnect somewhere in the numbers.
    Linkedin, Indeed and CareerBuilders show the number of applicants for posted jobs and the numbers are often 100+. This in a metropolitan area claiming low unemployment.

• trapper says:

We are conveniently forgetting that the Obama economy drove 10’s of millions of Americans out of the workforce because there simply weren’t jobs to look for. Most have since made other arrangements just to survive, either working multiple part time jobs, jobs they were overqualified for, signing up for disability just to eat, and on and on. When REAL jobs are created, folks come out of the woodwork to apply for them. It will take quite some time for this to normalize, and it won’t happen until the millions of new manufacturing jobs come available. We lost some 8 million manufacturing jobs, with a multiplier of effect 10-15 to one in the rest of the economy.

It took the NAFTA globalists 25 years to wreck it. It will take some time to put it back together.

• WSB says:

I am also probably not,p counted as a single proprietor consultant in the hospitality design field. Still trudging upstairs.

• GB Bari says:

What’s the disconnect? I’d bet that the majority (>50%) of those folks who are applying for jobs already have a job of some sort and are seeking better pay, benefits, location, work-life experience, better skills-matching or seeking new skills, etc. etc.

• Exactly: Retail workers, who have often been underpaid, under-insured, endured lousy supervision and working conditions, and been treated badly, are likely job-hopping on a wide-scale basis into better situations.

Retail sector, with widely-varying seasonal hours and lower pay, is likely losing many workers with talent to higher-paying and steadier-work sectors, too.

• GB Bari says:

Correct. Retail will be considered entry level and have a hard time competing for quality workers until they raise their pay scales ad offer steady schedules.

My granddaughter worked for Target last year (“back room”) and the first 8 months of this year. She would have stayed – she liked the work as a part time job while she attends community college – but her (and her coworkers’) hours were horrilby unpredictable and inconsistent, they were treated like inmates, and they had a few grossly incomptetent supervisors (I saw this myself a few time when I visited the store and hung around within earshot.) These are possibly store-specific problems that vary by store.

• Bigbadmike says:

I don’t know who you are, but if you want to get a sales job, first find the product you believe in and want to sell, then study everything you can about that product, finally go to the President of the company you want to work for and sell him on their product. Guarantee you will get the job.

• stillrockinroy says:

Indeed sends resumes based on qualification matching software. We recently posted a management position and also received hundreds of resumes. Don’t assume that all those 400 resumes came from people actually seeking that job. In our case only about 10% of the resumes were forwarded by the person named. We had one where the person had died weeks earlier.

11. Pyrthroes says:

We’re with Orrin Hatch.

12. trapper says:

“Everybody’s workin’ … overtime!”

13. joebkonobi says:

Unfortunately won’t see this is in the MSM. I believe Trump is correct that if the MSM reported the truth on the economy his rating would 70+%. Never thought I would see the day when a sitting president’s approval rating would be 50% or less with a BOOMING economy in all sectors. Hard to understand except for the fake/selective news, anti-fascist fascists and the Global cabal. If there was ever a time to vote on your pocket book this would be it. MAGA Forever!

14. I am glad Sundance posted this. I have been waiting for some positive news. I don’t know what is wrong with Maria Bartiromo but since past week or two she is constantly drumming up “slowdown”, “recession”, etc.

Now it is possible that she might be mentioning some positives in her show since I watch her show in gym and I rely on closed captioning to catch glimpses between sets/repetitions but overall it is doom and gloom on her show for past couple of weeks. If I recall I think it is since Black Friday.

• WSB says:

Maria and Tucker may have been taken to the shed.

• GB Bari says:

It appears that the former “Money Honey” maintains her professsional loyalty to her bosses at FBC and her Wall Street sponsors / buddies. She still is true to the old saying “dance with the one that brung ya.”

• Maria’s become another overpaid globalist shill.

• Schmitty says:

It’s the end of decade slow down, math prevails here… it’s not a political thing here… markets will slow down based on cycles.

• Schmitty,
        Disclaimer – I do not understand the world of finance at all.

Having said that – if IMF chief is suggesting that U.S. GDP will be 3.7% and if by all suggestions and indicators points to capital investment have been accelerated in the past year in United States, then how suddenly there will be downturn in U.S.?

I understand that we also need to sell to the world and if the world slows down then it will impact us.

But …. we are the world’s largest consumers if I have been reading the numbers right and the lengths the likes of EUs, Chinas, Japan’s go to have access to our market – directly and indirectly.

So if you are suggesting that these so called “expert” talking heads are just going by past historical models that at every end of decade turn there is a slow down then I guess we as consumers need to look elsewhere for information.

Another very important point – how can these talking heads go with the same model of pre_Trump-era when they very well know that this end of decade is a Trump-era-end-of-decade where no historical trend and results has any meaning – be it in politics, geo-politics, trade or finance as it is evident from past more than 2 years?

• swampratterrier says:

The U.S. Globalists have lost control of the economy.

Most regular Deplorables don’t give a Paul Ryan Rat’s ass about Wall Street – even if we have some in it.

15. Curry Worsham says:

This is what President Trump is doing.

This is what the media is focusing on.

16. MAGAbear says:

But if the media screams “recession, recession!” over and over again, doesn’t that make it so?

The left is so demented that they’d rather people suffer so their team can win than to see good times for everyone. TDS clinics need to be set up at every place where leftists reside.

• Right to reply says:

I honestly believe that more than 50% of America has woken up. The only reason it doesn’t feel like it, is because the Marxists have a huge media presence, and can push BS all day long.

17. Peter says:

Okay, so there are million of job openings. But that doesn’t mean they should be filled with 3rd worlders who by their presence here degrade and change the american culture.