James Comey Agrees to Congressional Deposition…

Former FBI Director James Comey has withdrawn his motion to quash a congressional subpoena and announced on twitter that he will testify to the joint Oversight and Judiciary committee this week:

Washington DC – […] In a court filing in federal court Sunday, Comey’s lawyers moved to withdraw his motion to quash the subpoena, writing he “has now reached an acceptable accommodation” with the House Judiciary Committee for voluntary testimony. (more)

Comey will likely testify on Tuesday.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, FBI, IG Report Clinton Investigation, IG Report FISA Abuse, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

265 Responses to James Comey Agrees to Congressional Deposition…

1. quintrillion says:

First quick glance at headline I though it said …Comey agrees to congressional deception.
    ok, he’s composing to be deposed.

2. xcontra says:

The snake slithers out of his hole.

3. superfly007 says:

This is nothing but a RINO dog and pony show! End of Story!
    Buffalo Bob Goodlatte: Say RINOs, what time is it?
    Congress: It’s Howdy Doody/Comey Time!
    It’s Howdy Doody/ComeyTime.
    It’s Howdy Doody/Comey Time.
    RINOs and Howdy Doody/Comey too
    Say Howdy Doody/Comey Do to you.
    Let’s give a rousing cheer, Cause Howdy Doody/Comey here, It’s time to start the show, So Congress let’s go! It is all entertainment for the GOP base, just like the Obamacare vote.

4. Pete says:

If we re lucky he ll lie to congress so he can gp to jail

5. Isn’t the fact that full transcripts will be released the same as a public hearing? Everything will be revealed to the public either way. Surely Comey will use this to say that he can’t answer because of the sensitivity of the matter’.

• snarkybeach says:

I’m guessing there will be a sea of redactions…

• jello333 says:

Nope, he can’t use that excuse, even with a transcript about to be released… since it’ll be with REDACTIONS.

• “I expect that later today Mr. Comey will withdraw his motion to quash our subpoena and agree to voluntarily appear for a transcribed interview,” Goodlatte said.

No mention of redactions?

• jello333 says:

Yeah… as for “transcribed”, the WHOLE THING will be transcribed, word for word, regardless of classification. And then once it’s over with, then someone will go through the transcript and redact whatever needs to be redacted. I guess Goodlatte didn’t bother to mention that part because it would be nearly impossible to publicly release such a transcript WITHOUT having a bunch of redactions.

• VIPANON says:

reactions, and it isnt a SHOW with senators each getting five minutes of fame time.

• balthazar9 says:

No, a public hearing is where each of the democrat committee members asks ridiculous, non-germane questions to be used as sound bites by the MSM, and Comey avoids all “sensitive” questions by pleading security concerns. In a private hearing, the committee members are privy to sensitive information and have security clearance to discuss it with the subject of the hearing. The only option Comey would have is to plead the 5th.

6. Marian says:

It’ll amount to nothing.

7. rumpole2 says:

I wonder if…..

Comey will make a full confession, itemizing all the crimes he has committed….. but then end with…

“Although there is evidence, no reasonable prosecutor would take such a case”
    It worked before.

What Difference Does It Make?

8. JoD says:

The “hearing” will probably be postponed. The month, I mean week of “mourning” will give those a$$holes an excuse to push it up to January. They have an opening on the 4th or 5th….a big one!

• cali says:

@JoD: Maybe he does what the Clinton grifters do: They will be grifting in Sugarland/TX to tell their love story when they met at Yale like they did in Toronto.
      I suppose they did not cancel to attend Bush’s funeral as of yet although mooch canceled her Paris book grifting to attend.

9. Nicole says:

LEVERAGE in place of Immediate Justice is temporary = Evil Wins

JUSTICE is long lasting = Good Wins Forever

Bill Mitchell’s Tweet: Globalism IS the Antichrist.

IMO; Clinton Foundation is the Center of Globalism

IMO; Hillary’s Emails was the link to the Clinton Foundation Globalism – (alleged pay to play)

IMO; Any thread of life (No Justice) at the Clinton Foundation = Evil Wins

IMO; Current Civil War is much easier to immediately win than any historical wars; Hillary’s Emails & Clinton Foundation.

10. Oldskool says:

Why is that even worth reporting on…nothing will come of it, and we’ll never know what was asked so who cares?

11. TomR,Worc,MA,USA says:

Question: will Comey be able to answer “As these proceedings will be made public I decline to answer as it will compromise national security”? I hope not. If not he will plead the 5th. Any thoughts people?

12. Bassplayer says:

I think he turned. Just a Hunch.

• glissmeister says:

Been expecting him to do just that. Hard to guess when it might actually happen. some are claiming he’s badly compromised over getting his employer special treatment on gov contracts involving Mueller during Comey’s private sector tour de force.

• Bullseye says:

Keep dreaming…he’s free rich and adored by the left

• Bassplayer says:

Yup, he’s not dumb and knows he’ll be under the bus in a second. They have all the evidence and he’s been given the PERFECT opportunity to grab a life raft. Everything is leading up to next week. Comey-Lynch-Huber. Let’s see.

• Guaca Mole says:

Well, yes and no
    I said that?
    I can’t remember
    I don’t recall
    Who?
    Maybe
    My memory isn’t very good
    I can’t be sure
    Hillary who?
    Is anyone ever sure of anything?
    Oh come on now
    I can’t comment on that
    I hope this clears everything up

14. rumpole2 says:

Any Chance that Jack Bauer can do the questioning when Comey fronts up?

15. Anonymous says:

Won’t be quite as entertaining without John McCain:

16. Comrade Mope says:

When I get summoned to court for moving violations I like to negotiate whether or not I have to show up at the appointed time and place. Makes the judge really happy.

17. “Republicans agree I’m free to talk …” Ummm–haven’t you been doing book tours and tweeting?
    This was a transparent attempt to get out of pointed questioning under oath. Or at least the small possibility of it.

President Trump’s natural instinct is to build things and be positive, but he is going to have to put a boot up their ass. No way around it.

18. Jimmy Jack says:

If he agrees to it, it’s bc they’re going to softball his questions. Plus I’d bet Obama pardoned him before leaving office.

• Attorney at Law says:

What justice, hey. A criminal pardoning a criminal. Who would have thunk it.

• Sayit2016 says:

Sorry no can do… there are rules for Presidential pardons. Under the pesky thing called THE US Constitution, only federal criminal convictions, such as those adjudicated in the United States District Courts, may be pardoned by the President.

19. namberak says:

There’s literally not a thing he will say that will be of any use or interest to anyone.

20. Margaret Berger says:

Namberak, but it will look like he cooperated.

21. Ruckus Tom says:

This all goes away a month from now when the democrats take the House.

22. Sherri Young says:

23. Sherri Young says:

George Papaopoulos currently is doing a 2-week (yes, 14-day) prison stint courtesy of Robert Mueller. I hope he stays safe while inside.

Hit the link and scroll down on the page to find the proper podcast.

24. dallasdan says:

Comey’s testimony will be a waste of time, adding nothing to the current body of public knowledge. Any meaningful questions addressing information not already in the public domain will be side-stepped as being either classified or relevant to any of a myriad of ongoing investigations. It’s more GOPe grandstanding.

• Sherri Young says:

It is a closed door hearing. They can discuss classified material. That apparently is what Comey was hoping to avoid by pressing for a public hearing. Also, in closed door hearings, Goodlatte favors having a handful of congressmen handle the questioning. There won’t be the grandstanding that is common in the open hearings wherein every congressman gets five minutes in which to try to appear smart and faithful to the party. Should not expect any Spartacus moments.

• dallasdan says:

The transcript from the closed door hearing will be edited/redacted to eliminate any information Comey or a Dem committee member deems as either classified or relevant to an ongoing investigation. Moreover, Comey will rebut after-the-fact anything in the transcript that challenges his veracity or forthrightness. We will learn nothing new.

“Grateful for a fair hearing from judge. Hard to protect my rights without being in contempt, which I don’t believe in,” Comey said in a Twitter post. “So will sit in the dark, but Republicans agree I’m free to talk when done and transcript released in 24 hours. This is the closest I can get to public testimony.”

My point on “grandstanding” referred to the GOP members looking for more self-aggrandizing publicity. Given that the mountain of existing evidence of Comey’s criminality has not yet resulted in any judicial action against him, I see the hearing as a sham. JMO

Sorry I did not more fully explain my thoughts in my initial comment.

• Sherri Young says:

Also, Comey just might dig himself a deeper grave by lying again. He is a dirty Clinton fixer. It is doubtful that he will be honest.

• dallasdan says:

We can hope. However, he surely has “his story” down pat by now, and his lawyers will have coached him on the likely questions. It would be equally ironic, hilarious, and fateful if he made a serious mistake.

25. OmegaManBlue says:

I wonder if the democrats told him to withdraw motion in fear that new law would prevent them from questioning people when they were in charge.