First Lady Melania Trump delivers a speech at the Liberty University convocation, and participates in a town hall discussion of America’s opioid crisis.

This entry was posted in FLOTUS, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Melania Trump Liberty University Convocation and Town Hall Discussion on Opioid Crisis…

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“America’s opioid crisis”

“It’s complicated business, folks.”

It is a complicated situation with no easy answers, no easy fixes and plenty of blame to go around at a number of different parties. Then there is also the personal responsibility thing that people so often like to disregard these days, calling it a “disease”.

2. JimmyJack says:

The more I learn about the opioid epidemic the more distressing the situation becomes. I am now convinced this was strategized against Americans – and directed at specific segments of the US population and regions. The numbers of overdose deaths are staggering.

Entire communities are being destroyed. It reminds me of the crack epidemic in the 80s – and again, I believe we are seeing drugs for weapons at the root of a lot of this. It was Iran Contra and now it is Awan Contra (obviously not the Contras but now I take contra literally as in opposed to, in this case, Americans).

This is a far bigger story than people are putting together into a cohesive analysis yet.

In general in the past I haven’t been sympathetic to anyone struggling with addiction (IDK why, probably bc I haven’t had to deal with it in my personal life and have always felt people choose to use drugs to begin with – petty of me I realize now) but seeing this I am really heartbroken for anyone struggling with addiction and for the loved ones and families of addicts.

I include those struggling with the opioid epidemic in my prayers now.

3. JimmyJack says:

This is a good venue for Melania. I am sure she was treated well there. And it is good to see Eric Bolling at it again after the tragic loss of his son.

• fleporeblog says:

Watched 30 minutes of it! Our FLOTUS was so comfortable in her skin. I had tears in my eyes when Eric first introduced her to the students at Liberty University. The applause was generous and overwhelming.

Eric shared a story that just reinforces how incredible our President truly is! He said the day after his son had died he and his wife were meeting with the doctor in Colorado. His phone rang and it was our President sharing his and Melania’s condolences and letting him and his wife know they were there for his family.

On Thanksgiving Day, the phone rang again and PDJT and Melania called to tell him and his wife that they were in their thoughts.

4. Caius Lowell says:

Obamaj-created opioid crisis, which the Obama-crating corporate media won’t address…

• GB Bari says:

While I hold Obozo and his acolytes responsible for almost all of the recent deterioration of the American culture, a review of the opioid crisis’ root causes does not place the origins of the crisis concurrent with Obozo’s election.

I also know this because I was warned by my doctor about addiction to opioids when I was prescribed pain killers after serious injury in the late 1990’s. The warning was so scary to me I took them only for 3 days and, despite continued pain for anther two weeks, I stopped using them.

Here is a condensed report:

• Caius Lowell says:

Can you next please remind me why the term “Obamaphone” is incorrect because the government had been giving phones away before Obama came to office because I forget.

• joshashland says:

Pain management doctor after neck/shoulder injury prescribed fentynal patch for me late 90’s. Same reaction. Went back at him when he told me it “wasn’t addictive” and told him “You take them for two weeks”
        I can see people getting hooked by doctors in the beginning.

• olderwiser21 says:

Josh – same thing happened to my friend’s son in the early 2000’s. Doctor prescribed oxy for a work injury. He was hooked almost immediately. Has spent the last 15 years in and out of jail, prison, and rehab. Come to find out the prescription he got was the same one being prescribed to end stage cancer patients. Doctors were part of the problem in the beginning with these newer drugs, that’s for sure. It is very sad.

• CarolynH says:

It goes way back before Obama or Bush #43. My husband had a much younger brother who had been spoiled rotten as a kid and allowed to eat anything he wanted [much to my husband’s chagrin], as a result he gained a lot of weight and his developing hip bones failed. He was in his 20’s he had to have double hip replacements. Back in those days they were not as advanced as today and basically his brother was disabled his entire life.

Anyway, his brother became addicted to Vicodin [other drugs, too. At the point we became aware of how bad things were he was taking 500 – yes that is 500 – Vicodin a month. We managed to get him into a rehab. All it took was three days and he called crying and saying he ‘d left, he couldn’t take the withdrawals. The rest of his life story isn’t much better, he died at a young age due to the ravages of drug use and uncontrolled diabetes.
      Three years ago my own sister died of an opioid overdose.

I have no doubt there are many more families touched by this the last 40 or so years than many are willing to discuss. In the meantime, more and more people report they are actually getting pain relief from CBD Oil – I work for a doctor and we’ve had a growing number of patients who come in saying since they started using it their pain improved and they were getting off the prescription drugs. There is also research being fast-tracked for a new form of opioids that bypass the brain and don’t result in addiction.

• Caius Lowell says:

Why are commenters on CTH so quick to defend Obama? Next thing they’ll be defending the Sacklers, who seemed to be able to do what they wanted under Obama and were well compensated under Obamacare: https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12775932/sackler-family-oxycontin/

• CarolynH says:

I wasn’t defending Obama. I was commenting this has been a problem much longer than a lot of people will admit. In the 70’s doctors were giving out Vicodin like candy, a lot of people were hooked on it. The other prescription of choice back then Percocet and Tylenol with Codeine. This isn’t a new problem, it is getting attention because it’s become a snowball rolling dowhill gathering steam over the last 10 – 15 years.

5. starfcker says:

If I were in charge of this problem here is where I would start. How do the manufacturers of these drugs explain manufacturing four times as many pills as there are prescriptions written for them every year? Should be very easy to trace and figure out exactly what is happening.

6. AngelOne says:

I’m thankful for our first lady & her heartfelt advocacy. Illegal drug use is dangerous and symptomatic of a spiritual problem that won’t be solved by legislation. Addiction is as old as humanity.
    Unfortunately the pendulum has swung too far in this opioid epidemic which is also harming the millions of Americans who depend on these medications, those living with incurable chronic or terminal disease, those with life destroying chronic pain who’ve exhausted all other options & whose treatment access is jeopardized by the actions of others. We’ve got to find balance, not harm those patients who are suffering through no fault of their own while making every effort to protect our children from the scourge of addiction.

7. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Glad to see Melania at my Alma Mater. She of course is wonderful, beautiful, gracious. I love her red Christmas trees. After 8 years of Double Wide Trailer Park Chic, Elegance and Grace Are Back in Vogue. Thank God for that!

8. tappin52 says:

One year ago I had carpal tunnel surgery. I left the hospital with a prescription for an opioid and had it filled, just as I was told. I never needed any pain relief and I never took one pill. I never wanted to feel doped up and out of it. Luckily I was not uncomfortable. The script was completely unnecessary for me.