Saturday November 24th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

187 Responses to Saturday November 24th – Open Thread

1. Dora says:

I guess this means we are all related.

• amwick says:

Seems as though I heard a story about that, a couple, a fig leaf or three, an apple and a snake. It’s on the tip of my tongue, ahhhh, umm,

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“an apple”

P.S. Human tradition. According to the bible, it was a grape (the “vine tree”). Here is one significant passage:

Numbers 6:1 ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
        2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:
        3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.
        4 All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.

• nikkichico7 says:

🧐 …. well .. well … well … ain’t that grand … 😑🤚 …

• nimrodman says:

but wouldn’t all the subsequent begetting have been beset with numerous birth defects from the inherent in-breeding?

2. amwick says:

Guess who had real home made BACON? After curing for seven days, and smoking for three hours it was BACON! Mmmmmmmmm, oh, you still had to fry it, filling the whole house with that wonderful BACON smell….. My smoke generator was a fail, but I just kept it going, third’s the charm! Even my husband said it was pretty good for a first try at something so complex. *sighs I persist. Because, at the end, you have BACON! 😄

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” Because, at the end, you have BACON! 😄”

Congratulations!

“My smoke generator was a fail, but I just kept it going, third’s the charm! ”

For years I wanted to convert an old refrigerator into a smoker. After doing a little research, I decided to get a commercially manufactured unit to eliminate the “trial and error” of a home-made contraption.

One of our Treepers uses a Bradley unit that uses pre-made briquets for the ultimate in simplicity and control. However, I did not want to be bound to one manufacturers pellet offerings, so i do have to empty and fill pans. But I can utilize the apple, cherry and pear wood I have available right here.

I bought the digital controller upgrade for my unit to reduce the constant monitoring needed with the old analog on/off. However, due to complications here last summer because of my mother’s stroke and CHF, I have not installed it yet.

Mom is doing fine. She went for a Doppler evaluation on her neck arteries this week -everything is clear. In a few weeks she goes back to the Ophthalmologist to check her vision. She lost some of it at the top of the field of vision, which some people get back over time.

• nikkichico7 says:

😃👍❤️❤️❤️😍🥓🥓🥓🥓❤️❤️❤️🤤❤️

3. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

4. auscitizenmom says:

Prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

“After watching her husband rip into pro-death senators who used Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in attempts to derail the appointment of her husband to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:”

“BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME, LOOK DOWN, O LORD TO HELP ME. LET THEM BE CONFOUNDED AND ASHAMED TOGETHER, THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO TAKE IT AWAY. LET THEM BE TURNED BACKWARD AND BE ASHAMED THAT DESIRE EVILS TO ME.”

In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

5. amwick says:

Ad rem said that wordpress is Beta testing… huh?? whhhhhhhhhhhhhat?? Noes!!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

I never saw a Betta with a blue body and cream/orange-ish colored fins. I wonder if that was real or Photoshop. Could be real, the breeders are coming out with new ones all the time.