Saturday October 27th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

257 Responses to Saturday October 27th – Open Thread

1. smiley says:

BREAKING….SYNAGOGUE SHOOTING…outside of Pittsburgh..

suspect in custody…identity released in article…2 officers shot…multiple fatalities…more at the link.

“all Jews must die” yelled the shooter.

“motive unkown” at this time…but it is being categorized as a Hate Crime…a FEDERAL crime.

• smiley says:

Robert Bowers/suspect apprehended…white male…

took place during the weekly Shabbat service…which was also a “baby-naming” service, usually a very happy moment.

• smiley says:

that article says 3 officers injured…8 others killed.

(mistake in my first post…2 officers is incorrect.)

• smiley says:

more…

no security whatsoever at the Synagogue…no armed guards.

heinous…tragic.

this country is a mess.

prayers for the Jewish community there. ❤

awful.

• czarowniczy says:

Is it my innate over-60-white-,ale-Republican paranoia (waiting for that to be listed in the next DSM) or are we seeing a sudden and unusually grouped mass of ‘conservative crimes against progressives’ just before a potentially pivotal election?
        We had a herd of sexual abuse accusers magically appearing out of thin air to attack Kavanaugh. Next we had Acme bombs mailed to prominent Rat mouthpieces by a guy whose van was covered in fresh, new Trump stickers. Now we have a chubby, bearded white guy marching into a synagogue and shooting the place up.

Each and every one of these actions, if taken alone, would probably pass the sniff test – though some degree of nose spray might be required. All together so close to a vital election that the aforementioned bomb recipients have been whining and wringing their scaly little paws about is, to me, suspicious.

I know, I know, I should get that Soma prescription refilled and take a few pills down with a nice cold glass of Kool Aid but in the meantime this mess is uncomfortably close to those direct action programs certain branches of our government use to direct foreign regime change. Yeah, better get down to the Greater Good drug store right quick.

• smiley says:

this one isn’t a Trump supporter…he’s a sicko anti-Semite (see below)..

…but….he also sounds…dare I say it… right wing .

rants about “patriots”…ugh.

I’m like you suddenly…got that sickening 60s feeling all over again.

(and I’m not talking about my age-bracket )

• czarowniczy says:

Doesn’t HAVE to be a Trump supporter, all the psyops folks have to do is make that fuzzy connection between Trump and the shooter. Watch the MSM do it without directly saying it – it’s a classic technique.
            NOTE: The MSM never mentions that the money folks in Palm Beach have been and are still super-antisemitic. Trump’s been a champion of Jews in Palm Beach ever since he bought Mar a Lago and the residents have waged low-level warfare against him for that.
            I worked for the Helmsleys when they bought the Towers in the early 70s – Palm Beach was FURIOUS that not only did Jews own that hotel but were letting other Jews stay there. That antisemitism was still in play when Trump moved in and if you notice the major Jewish members of Congress trying to crucify Trump it makes you scratch your head.

• smiley says:

I understand what you’re saying re palm beach/liberal Jews …a complicated topic.

this thing now…already it’s : HATE…GUNS…PREJUDICE (actually heard a reporter utter that old-fashioned word…60s again !)…the only words I haven’t heard yet (while they await the MOTIVE) are…

white supremacist

how much you wanna bet.

• czarowniczy says:

Oh yeah, Schumer, Feinstein, Sanders , Waserman, Franken – they’re all out there sharpening their teeth. I’m just waiting for Warren to deliver a speech arm-in-arm with Hatch saying DNA tests have proven her 1024th a member of the Lost Tribes of Israel. She could cover a number of bases there.

• auscitizenmom says:

Just heard somebody say it. I wasn’t watching, so I don’t know who it was on FOX.

• smiley says:

NYC & L.A. are deploying anti terrorist “teams” to synagogues…just heard that on Fox.

• millwright says:

czar: Then you’rer not the only one with a twitching nose !

• czarowniczy says:

This went from twitchy nose to pucker factor a few weeks back. Just a little earlier I’d asked ‘what’s next’ and here comes a made-to-order synagogue shooting.

• smiley says:

who is Robert Bowers…some of his social media…

• smiley says:

one of his <i.tweets a few days ago…

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1056208150670397446&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2018%2F10%2F27%2Frobert-bowers-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-suspect%2F

not a Trump supporter.

• auscitizenmom says:

Good info to have. 😯

• JTR says:

I remember going to a place in California called “Jungleland” in the 60’s. They had trained animals doing shows, and one of them was a lion show. That lion cocked his leg and sprayed the entire audience with the most vile smelling urine I have ever smelled. He made male cats smell like flowers! Fortunately, he missed me, but some poor little soul in a baby buggy got a full blast!. People were panicking to get away. I was about 12 yo, so I thought it was great sport! Poor lion needed to be in Africa, not clowning around for us.

• auscitizenmom says:

Sounds like it. 😯

• czarowniczy says:

Back in the early 70s in Florida we had a bit of a problem as pet stores were selling lion cubs and a wild animal park was supplying the market. At that time it wasn’t illegal and there were enough crazy people to keep the boom going.
          We got a call to go to a house with a cat problem – the dispatcher had a warped sense of humor – and arrived to find a guy with a male lion cub that was no longer a cub. He had his entire backyard fenced in and over but the cat was…hitting its stride…and the yowling/roaring was getting to the neighbors. Seems the cat was getting stir crazy in the house and had knocked him across the room when it wanted to go outside and the guy objected. The lion was tranquilized and removed but the lion’s urine had just about totally dissolved the sheetrock in the two rooms he’d dedicated to the cat – seems the housebound cat was pissed off, literally.
          Don’t know hoe he dealt with the aftermath and didn’t care, really, as it took weeks to totally get the smell out of my sinuses. Our house cats, however, did develop a newly found respect for me…at least until the stench wore off of my duty boots.

2. smiley says:

that ole 60s feelin…

you better start swimmin or you’re gonna sink like a stone….someone said that back then.

3. Videodrone says:

Long time lurker seldom post but always try to catch up with Curs and Caterdays

About 17 years ago this cat adopted us, named “Bart” by my kids that was quickly amended to “Psycho Bart” after a few sideways spazes across the lawn and up the oak, as he came into his prime he became a vermin hunter of the yards, then birds – including the turkeys! I’ve even seem him stalking deer! Always an outdoor cat he contended with the local wildlife (Sanatorium Sanctum has paved road in front and over 20 miles out back of wilderness so he contended with everything out there). One time two neighborhood kids rushed up to tell me that there was a racoon on the porch, no, just Bart, another time two larger dogs chased him up on the porch, there was a commotion and a bunch of Yipe! Yipe! and growls and the two dogs went running!

At times a real PITA as he would “help” when working outside and one of those old souls who remembered when cats were worshiped and would express his displeasure if not worshiped to his satisfaction (cat scratch fever is real) but he would sit on my lap and purr when reading the Sunday paper on the porch or tending to the BBQ.or working in the garage.

He has pierced that vale from which no one returns two years to the day my wife made the same journey

4. Lucille says:

THIS…this is what to expect from segments of our society…supporting a person who without shame or control shows her hate plus her love of Shariah and all things anti-American…

Records support claims hijabbed, anti-Semitic Muslima Congressional candidate Ilhan Omar married her brother
    October 26, 2018 2:56 PM By Robert Spencer

“Minnesota state Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-60B) currently leads the race to fill the federal House seat being vacated by Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN).”

5. andyocoregon says:

On a lighter note and since it’s getting close to Halloween once again, I thought I’d post a picture of how our front yard was decorated some years ago. The large tent had a monster inside (me) with a scary mask and black smock. There was a large illuminated orange and black sign above the garage that read, “Warning: Do not look inside the tent! Happy Halloween”. Those who looked inside the tent, virtually everyone, were greeted by the monster who was armed with a squirt gun with cold water. Everyone small or large got squirted. And for the older teenagers who always come late in the evening, there was a special surprise. The monster had a 5 gallon bucket of ice water with a water blaster tube gun to soak the guys who claimed they weren’t afraid of the monster. You should have seen them run when they saw that super soaker come out.

6. On another post, someone was fretting that it’s impossible to stop the caravan when it gets to the border. Give me a platoon of 70 year old ex-infantry vets (who can still walk sans canes, walkers and wheelchairs). We’ll take M14’s with fixed bayonets and show you how to stop them.

7. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

8. auscitizenmom says:

Prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

“After watching her husband rip into pro-death senators who used Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in attempts to derail the appointment of her husband to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:”

“BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME, LOOK DOWN, O LORD TO HELP ME. LET THEM BE CONFOUNDED AND ASHAMED TOGETHER, THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO TAKE IT AWAY. LET THEM BE TURNED BACKWARD AND BE ASHAMED THAT DESIRE EVILS TO ME.”

In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

9. nikkichico7 says:

Happy Caturday. …. late 😮

😜❤️

10. Pasaran says:

Hi, American fellows. I’m not only passsionate by politics and elections, but I love to create (objective) rankings about sport too.

So, I get the idea to rank the winning CITIES (not franchises, because they can change their home, wich is an abomination for me -and, I guess, for 99% of European people)

so, I have ranked
    -the most win championship
    -hte most towns wich are finalist (or 2nd if there is no PO)
    -combination of finals for winners and losers

in your 3 big sports : basket, baseball and american “football”.

I also made the total (win in 3 sports, 2nd, and finals or top 2 played)

Let me know if you’re interested, it would be a pleasure for me to share this with you 🙂

PS : forgive me but I have put together Yankees and Giants, Cubs and Sox…I really wanted to focus on cities 😉

11. blondegator says:

Happy Caturday! (and this is one Saturday we need kittehs). This one always makes me laugh.