President Trump Meets With President Piera of Chile…

President Donald Trump meets with Chilean President Piera in the oval office. In addition to bilateral questions, President Trump gave some remarks about supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

[Transcript] – 2:00 P.M. EDT – PRESIDENT PIERA: How many times this house has been burned?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: One time.

PRESIDENT PIERA: Only one?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: A long time ago. A long, long time ago.

Well, thank you very much. We are with the very distinguished President of Chile. And he and I are going to be discussing a lot of things, including trade, and military, and military protection, and purchases. We’re — we have a lot of things on our plate.

It’s one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It’s also got one of the great coastlines in the world. No — there’s no lacking of coast. There’s no lacking of ocean.

So it’s an honor to be with the President, and thank you very much for being at the Oval Office with us.

PRESIDENT PIERA: Thank you, President Trump.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you. Please.

PRESIDENT PIERA: Well, I’m very pleased to lead this great country with President Trump. There are so many issues that we have to discuss because Chile and the United States are likeminded countries. We share the most important things, which are values — democracy, human rights, freedom.

And, for me, it’s a great opportunity to talk to President Trump about important issues for the world, for the U.S., and for Chile.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Show them your flag that you showed.

PRESIDENT PIERA: And, by the way, Chile is at the heart of the United States. (Laughter.) And the best proof of this: This is the American flag, and there is a Chilean flag right at the very heart of the U.S. flag. (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s great.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I’m going to let the Senate handle that. They’ll make their decisions, and they’ve been doing a good job, and very professional.

I’m just hearing a little bit about it because I’ve been with the President of Chile, and we’re talking about some very important subjects. But I’m sure it will all be very good.

I guess the vote was a positive vote, but there seems to be a delay. I’ll learn more about it as the day goes on. And I just heard about it, because we were together.

Q And what did you think of Dr. Ford’s testimony when you heard that?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I thought her testimony was very compelling, and she looks like a very fine woman to me. A very fine woman.

And I thought that Brett’s testimony, likewise, was really something that I haven’t seen before. It was incredible. It was an incredible moment, I think, in the history of our country.

But certainly she was a very credible witness. She was very good in many respects.

And I think that — I don’t know if this is going to continue onward or are we going to get a vote. But again, I’m here, so I’m not out there watching because I can’t be, out of great respect — although maybe we’ll go watch together. Okay? We’ll watch together.

But I think it will work out very well for the country. I just want it to work out well for the country. If that happens, I’m happy.

Q Have you thought at all about a replacement for Judge Kavanaugh?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Not even a little bit. Not even a little bit.

Q What your message to Murkowski and Collins — the holdouts right now?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I have no message. I mean, they have to do what they think is right. There’s no message whatsoever. They have to do what they think is right. They have to be comfortable with themselves, and I’m sure that’s what they are.

Q Would you be willing to reopen the background investigation into Kavanaugh?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I’m going to rely on all of the people, including Senator Grassley, who is doing a very good job. And that’ll be a decision that they’re going to make. And I suspect they’ll be making some decision soon, whether to take a vote or to do whatever else they want to do.

I will be totally reliant on what Senator Grassley and the group decides to do. Okay?

Q Are you going to talk about Venezuela today?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’re going to talk about Venezuela, absolutely. I was waiting for that question. (Laughter.) We will be discussing Venezuela, among many other things. A lot of interesting things going on in that part of the world.

But Chile is really something special. If you look at what they’ve done, how far they’ve come. You look at how well run the country is. So I just want to say it’s an honor to be with you. A great honor. Thank you very much.

Thank you very much everybody. Thank you. Thank you.

Q If they delay, will — a delay is okay?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Whatever they think is necessary is okay. Yeah.

Q Are you still willing to meet with President Maduro? Still willing to meet with President Maduro?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: We’ll see what happens. I know he wants to meet with us. We’ll see what happens. Venezuela is a mess, and it’s got to be cleaned up. And people have to be taken care of.

Thank you very much.

Q Anything on Rosenstein, sir?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No. No.

END 2:05 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Supreme Court, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to President Trump Meets With President Piera of Chile…

1. Brian L says:

He’s meeting with a foreign head of state and all they ask about are domestic issues. Sigh.

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Q Mr. President, any comment on the request for a delay from Senator Flake? He wants a one-week delay so the FBI can investigate further.”

I do not recall a foreign dignitary in a meeting with the POTUS to be bringing up internal squabbling.

Great job, uniparty/s

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“It’s also got one of the great coastlines in the world. No — there’s no lacking of coast. There’s no lacking of ocean”

They also have a nice desert that would be a nice place to build a prison because it is not so hot that it would have to be air conditioned.

Atacama Desert
    Atacama Desert, Chile.
    Jeremy Woodhouse—Digital Vision/Getty Images

“The average summer temperature at Iquique is only 66 °F (19 °C) and at Antofagasta 65 °F (18 °C).”

4. FL_GUY says:

Hehe. Not giving the media-rats any sound bites. I would say President Trump’s praise of this low life woman fits into the category of the guillotine operator complementing the next victim on what a nice neck they have. The fact that President Trump has taken notice of this woman should scare the Hell out of her. Her history demonstrates that she is a low life sleezebag and I’m sure President Trump knows this but he also knows how to play the media-rats. This is not going to end well for the D-Rats. JMHO

5. Carolina Kat says:

I think our President is going to do something about Venezuela in the near future. I have been to Chile, but not officially. I crossed over into Chile about five miles while horseback riding in Patagonia. Beautiful part of the world.

6. Ristvan says:

PDJT will ‘do something about Venezuela’ in the same way he is ‘doing something’ about NOKO. In the past week, he met with the leaders of Columbia and Chile. I bet he meets with the newly elected leader of Brazil within months of that soon to be election. He is positioning ‘our friends’ to solve their regional problem themselves, and trying to understand how PDJT can support them.

Veneuela is imploding. Millions of refugees crossing Columbian and Brazilian borders already. No food, no TP, no medicines. All PDJT and his allies have to do is wait. Notable that unlike NoKo, he is NOT offering to meet with Maduro—-yet. And he is forging a plan for how to clean up the Venezuela mess afterwards.

7. Dave says:

We all heard PDJT’s position on an FBI probe: It’s up to Grassley and the others. Whatever they decide to do is fine with him. Now for the fake news: When I came on line not even 20 minutes ago, a headline from MSNBC Live was screaming “Trump Orders Kavanaugh Probe!” If the msm isn’t given any sound bites, that’s okay…they’ll just use phony headlines/reports to support their propaganda!

8. kallibella says:

President Trump sounded and looked very at ease ref: Flake’s flaking and the so-called FBI investigation delay. He has not considered replacing the Judge, or nominating anybody else. He is standing firm by his pick and that’s that!
    Gave me the impression something may have been already worked out about this confirmation.
    Optics!

9. Caius Lowell says:

PRESIDENT PIERA: May I make an observation about your country?
    PRESIDENT TRUMP: Please Mr. President.
    PRESIDENT PIERA: This Kavanaugh situation is — how you say? — way f’ed up.
    PRESIDENT TRUMP: You have no idea…

10. magakathryn says:

I will keep posting until someone finally pays attention to me!!! Been warning everyone for over 2 weeks and no one listens to me! I’m not crazy SUNDANCE!!!

11. Keith says:

This Kavanaugh situation REALLY offers the GOP a great opportunity to show how the Dems are perfectly willing to victimize a ‘sexual assault survivor’ (or at least someone who claims to be so). It seems the GOP is trying to take advantage of the fact that Feinstein deliberately withheld the allegation form the committee until it was too late to have a private investigation, thus forcing Professor Ford into public view where she expressly didn’t want to be and in addition, Ford’s lawyer apparently didn’t tell her she could testify privately (presumably to force the public spectacle they wanted, and thus broke their standards of conduct. I hear Lindsay Graham is demanding and investigation of the lawyers- and that is great.

But EVERY Republican in front of a camera should be DEMANDING an investigation of Feinstein on ethics charges AND an investigation of the lawyers to “Stop the “Democratic abuse of sexual assault survivors for political purposes”. They should emphasize that Professor Ford described the resulting events as “The worst two weeks of my life”. That presumably means that this is WORSE than the original ‘assault’ and therefore should be punished AT LEAST as harshly. Thus, if Kavanaugh’s supposed actions 35 years ago preclude him from being of sufficient character to sit as a justice, Sen Feinstein’s actions NOW preclude her from having the character to be a senator and the lawyer’s actions preclude them from practicing law. In addition, the dems say these allegations justify impeachment of Kavanaugh if he were confirmed, thus Feinstein’s WORSE actions justify her immediate impeachment and someone should submit articles thereof in the the house.

Then we get to see the two faced dems try to justify their actions NOW while attacking Kavanaugh for an unproven and somewhat or thoroughly discredited accusation from 35 years ago.

WINNING!

12. Ex-Polaroid says:

President Piñera,please.

13. Take note of Grassley who tweeted his 20 experienced investigators have been looking into each and every allegation as part of his confirmations group.THAT should worry the Dems as it appears perhaps a level of anticipation.