President Trump Participates in Roundtable of Inner-City Faith Leaders…

Earlier today President Trump hosted a roundtable discussion with several inner city pastors and faith-based leaders to discuss the Administrations’ efforts on prison reform and other policy initiatives to improve inner cities.

Administration Attendees include: President Donald J. Trump; General John Kelly, Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff; Jared Kushner, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor; Brooke Rollins, Assistant to the President for Strategic Initiatives; Andrew Bremberg, Assistant to the President and Director of Domestic Policy Council; Ja’Ron Smith, Special Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs; Jennifer Korn, Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of the Office of Public Liaison

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Election 2018, President Trump, Religion, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

155 Responses to President Trump Participates in Roundtable of Inner-City Faith Leaders…

1. Robert Commings says:

WWG1WGA

2. citizen817 says:

You gotta love President Trump. All business, all the time…24/7. A machine. Just dorges ahead(doesn’t matter which way the political winds flow. Just…Wow!

3. 1stgoblyn says:

How can one look at that photo and still call this man a racist?

• scott467 says:

“How can one look at that photo and still call this man a racist?”

________________

Because the people who call him racist are liars, and the truth is not in them.

Truth has no part in them.

Therefore — to them — the photo, or any other evidence, is not relevant.

There is no connection between the truth and what they say, because they are liars.

• hillbilly4 says:

There’s more Black leaders at the table than Obama EVER had. Racist? Hardly..

• Your Tour Guide says:

Some of them present might have followed the
        Jesse Lee Patterson model.

“Long-legged mack daddy”.

• Jan says:

In his second term and maybe it started before that, OVomit stopped inviting the Black Caucus to the White House and refused to meet with them when they requested meetings. And they still see him as the “Great Black Hope” to this day.

4. MJ says:

Love Trump BUT prison reform = prison releases. If you think otherwise then define for me what will be reformed. Do not spout the myth about low level offenders being reformed (released). I have worked inside for over a decade. In California I have never seen “reform” only early releases, decriminaliization of crimes, reduction in sentences and every time the prisons just slowly refill.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Prison reform could be that there are crooks in every system, bad apples. Small towns and places like New Orleans and Chicago are famous for tricky “systems”.

There is a problem with the good guys being bought off by the bad guys. Throughout our history there has been corruption. It’s human nature. Our job is to make sure the lunatics aren’t running the asylum.

This includes prison systems too.

We just watched that Tommy guy in the UK and we are watching Paul Manafort…..there have been several questionable cases in the past.

It doesn’t hurt a great country like ours to look at our system and make it better.

Making it better doesn’t mean releasing criminals. I don’t think that is what President Trump and his team are there to do.

Just my 2 cents…..

• Rhoda R says:

Bring back the stocks and public caning for low level crimes.

• MJ says:

Who or what exactly are these bad apples? What corruption? I have yet to hear anything of substance that is real reform beyond early releases, decriminaliization of crimes, and reduction in sentences. This is not just directed at you but everyone that spouts this prison reform nonsense.

• I recently had my car broken into, while hiking, and so my purse was stashed in the back of my car, a hatchback. Thief broke window (breaking and entering) and stole everything he could get his hands on, then proceeded to use my bank card to purchase gas and groceries before I got back from my hike and had time to call bank.

He had a previous criminal record and in fact there were warrants out for him (cannot understand why he was not picked up sooner as detective working my case knew him). Video in grocery store led to identification.

Anyway, three months later, this guy, who has a record already, who was charged with two felonies, breaking and entering as well as fraudulent use of credit card, was released on probation. Now he also is supposed to pay restitution to me and the court (with what? more purses stolen from cars). I am not happy at all that he did not receive jail time; no one asked me! And, at the same time, the crime rate in town has doubled since last year..gee I wonder why?

• Oh, and one more point, there is a better chance for redemption while in prison than when back out on the streets. I do believe in the possibility of redemption which many convicts do experience…it’s almost a more loving to lock someone up than let them out where the temptations to go back to their routines is over powering. After redemption, then, yes, probation is certainly an option.

• Deb says:

Tough love. Of course it only works if the prisons aren’t corrupt. We need to drain all the swamps. That’s what PDJT’s angle for prison reform will be, we need to get back to actual crime prevention and criminal rehabilitation.

• Sharon says:

I think prison sentences are a punitive measure intended to dissuade people from committing crimes. Neither tough love nor remedial stuff should be a part of it, in my opinion.

Prisons don’t need to be excessively cruel, but I’ve been consciously watching this garbage about helping the poor criminals for close to seven decades now. When society and prison systems act like they are partially responsible for what the criminals did and therefore, they have to help make them better – that is a destructive disconnect from reality.

I’m sure it was a feel-good meeting for everyone involved, but not terribly relevant, in my opinion.

• 4gypsybreeze says:

What would probably be most helpful is the support of churches, once the convict has been released. A mentoring program, etc. Redemption in prison is a rarity. In many cases their life of crime continues even inside the walls-extortion, prostitution, stealing, drugs, gang membership, assaults, etc. And, the number of mentors for them to continue their life of crime is over the top! A lot of them hone their skills there. There is a reason for the word con-vict. Only if you have been inside the walls and have seen what goes on. Focus should be on the prevention. Retired CO here.

• Lined-out Hymnody says:

Hi 4gypsysbreeze, I agree with what you write. I don’t think this about letting criminals run free as some others believe, I think what POTUS is talking about is giving people who have done their time and paid their penalty another chance at life. I think as Christians, a Christian nation, or a nation built on Christian principles we should strive to forgive (wherever possible in legal sense) and give aid to those in need.

I think there is a huge opportunity for Churches and where our Churches should focus more charity and ministry time is with the recovery addicts and alcoholics as well as prisoners and released convicts right here in our own neighbourhoods and towns. I have observed manly mainline Churches have good outreach with their missionaries, overseas projects and in many Churches refugees have become trendy but not much in the way of programs towards our own people. Our own sinners.

I’m Canadian and what POTUS is doing continues to blow me away. I can’t beieve what is happening is really happening. President Donald J. Trump is a great man, the whole world is fortunate that he has been elected. What a gift.

• Clarioncaller says:

Most, if not ALL released inmates, are suffering from some form of PTSD, not unlike our military. It may sound crazy, but giving these people some form of similar therapy may help to integrate them back into their communities sooner without negative consequences. There are a lot of vets in the prison system because they never got the help they needed.

• 🍺Gunny says:

You state prisoners also suffer some form of PTSD as the military.

Please provide the link for your post

Thank you.

• scott467 says:

“You state prisoners also suffer some form of PTSD as the military.”

___________________

How would you NOT have some form of PTSD?

Suppose you are serving a 5-year sentence.

You are in an enclosed area, surrounded by criminals, whose only activity to alleviate the boredom is to manipulate, violate, abuse or kill other inmates.

You can’t get away, you can’t trust anyone else to help you, and the guards don’t care, because… you’re a criminal.

You see people getting physically attacked, all around you, on a regular basis. And you never know when you’re going to be next.

How do you survive in that environment, for any length of time, and not have something similar to PTSD?

• Cheri Lawrence says:

This ties into the new prision job training programs proposed to keep these people engaged and doing something productive with their time plus remove the corruption with the system itself which is all needed.

• davidb says:

@ Littleflower….the Just us system is actually a business. the Judges, prosecutors, attorneys and probation system all have a vested interest in the revolving door system. They make money indirectly and job security too. Even up here the detectives and deputies are very frustrated with the system. Its common for a tweakier to have 1 dozen felony burglary charges and no Prison time. Just jail time waiting for bail or let out on OR.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Prison reform (which amounts to lesser sentences IMO) will alone never be the solution. And when the inmate is released to probation he is then on the hook for ‘fees’ he must pay to the Probation Office and usually ‘classes’ he must attend and there are charges for them too. How do these people pay weekly/monthly ‘fees’ when they cannot find/hold a job? I think job training and education is the key to prison reform. Turn the prisons into quasi schools; mandatory classes while in prison would work better than mandatory classes once released on the public. IOW, prisons are already a revenue-producing complex with a low ROI.
          Many years ago I knew a person who was a bank teller. He wanted to better his life but had a family to support and could not afford college and didn’t want to be burdened with school loans he would have to repay, so he embezzled funds as he worked the drive-in. He was very brazen about it (the amount embezzled was very small) to make sure he was caught, got sentenced to several years, went to prison and got his free (for him) education while incarcerated and went on to become a very productive citizen. Some criminals want everything handed to them on a silver platter b/c they have low self-esteem or feel they are owed. My $.02.

• Michael says:

I feel your pain.
        When we first moved to St. Croix, USVI we were warned to never lock our cars at the beach.
        The idea was the tiefs could open the car and check to see if there was anything to tief (thieve) and not damage the car….
        Problem was the crackheads were to stupid to try the door handle and would smash a window to get in …. only to find it was unlocked and there was nothing to grab anyway.
        People knew who was doing the tiefing but nothing was ever done about it.

• Dawn says:

Had my car stolen, they did nothing. It was not a high priority, unless there is a kid in the back seat.
        With no consequences, what will deter him from doing it again?

• Exactly. I have to say, though, I was impressed with the detective. I figured it was not a high priority. The crime happened on a Saturday. On Monday, like early maybe 8:30, my phone rings and it is this detective. At that time I did not know yet that my bank card had been used, so after asking me several questions, he said he would have to put the case aside…….no way to work it.

Then, the next day, I get my bank statement and I see these two charges that I knew were not mine. I called the detective, gave him the info he needed from the bank, and he said, “I’m on my way to the grocery store”..I mean he drove right there, watched the video, recognized the guy, and picked him up. The criminal confessed!! It’s the DA office that is a complete failure. Sorry, they ignored me, until they need something from me; and this victim advocate was worthless
          I’m sure the guy is back trolling the Blue Ridge Parkway for purses….pathetic. BTW, the DA is all Dems, the sheriff is retiring and changing to Republican…the detective is my hero.

• 4gypsybreeze says:

I am with you MJ. I have mixed feeling about this. And for us who have been inside the walls, we see so much. How many times have we seen kids come in and they are worse when they leave…not better? Sexual abuse, rape, pedophiles,-just so much to consider. I used to say-I actually felt safer inside the walls (retired after 20 plus yrs.)- I knew who I was dealing with. So many people have no clue. I just am–mixed feelings.

• singingsoul says:

When I hike I take my wallet and iPhone and keys with me. I have a soft cross body pouch I put all in. I leave my purse at home.
        Where I live one never leaves anything in the car people smash your window.

• I take it with me now; I never left anything visible; they usually look to see first. What I think happened is he was out trolling and saw me put my purse in the back. i take my purse because I need money, wallet, etc, because frequently I drive distances and have to do other things on the way back, etc.

I just don’t leave the wallet and phone in there anymore…what really pissed me off was he took my Osprey back pack, $120 to replace…I only used my fanny pack that day because it was a shorter hike near my home…been doing it once a week for 7 years…just my maintenance hike. I loved that backpack.

• Hardnox says:

Maybe so, but former inmates can’t get jobs of any worth because of their records. Employers won’t touch them for obvious reasons. There should be a mechanism to identify those that are actually reformed otherwise these former inmates will resort to crime because it is their only option.

• 4gypsybreeze says:

Support and mentoring by the churches. Who can tell whether the convicted thief will steal from your business. Or, if the person with no record will steal from you. It is an unknown. Crimes such as rape, pedophiles, domestic violence, manslaughter, etc. Hard call to make. Would depend on the convict, the job, and the environment in which they are working. For example, if you wanted to hire convict for road work or construction site or a worker who would be going unsupervised (plumber, electrician) into a private residence. Work in an elementary school cafeteria with convictions against children or domestic violence? Common sense would have to be a major factor, and sometimes people don’t have that. A lot to consider. And would have to be a case by case basis. Like POTUS stated one person told him 7 out of 10 worked out.

• AlinWonderland says:

I know first hand of a couple of prison ministries where I live that are doing heroic work. One in prison and another a half-way house that mentors and helps former inmates get jobs or job training. Not all prisoners are guilty BTW but once they’ve been arrested and serve time, even without being indicted, they have to explain that to an employer. It’s a mess. This is the first President I’ve ever known about who actually tried to do something about it. Prisons were never perfect but back before the ACLU deemed work “cruel and unusual punishment” most prisons were actually self-sustaining and kept inmates busy while doing job/vocation training. Our very great president is going in the right direction.

• Clarioncaller says:

But look at who has been in charge from Sacramento for the last 15+ years; Gov. Moonbeam and “The Governator”. And DC has been selling ‘corporate prisons’ for decades. I think Trump is legit in his wanting to ‘repurpose’ non-violent inmates rather than depend on a never-ending invasion force from the South. Some businesses are buying into the program with mildly positive results but its early. This new economy is heating up and will need a massive influx of ‘ready-to-work’ widgets. It’s kinda like what he said to the African-American community when he was running for President, “Whata ya have to Lose”?

• Rhoda R says:

But so-called ‘non-violent’ offenders are often that only because the PA bargained down the original charge to get an easy conviction.

• singingsoul says:

Non violent offenders are a pain in the neck in any community. I had one living for years next to me the kid was first on pot and then graduated to bigger more potent stuff. He lived with his parents.
          I have a new neighbor a nurse compassionate lady she has two guys now living with her.
          One brought a Pit Bull I wrote about on another thread.
          The house smells from Pot so bad it is and sometimes I wonder if the two guys turned the house into a drug house. Small criminals that turn a nice middle class neighborhood into a ghetto.
          When do non violent offenders turn into violent one anyones guess. I am sure I find out when I present them with my vet bill for my injured dog that is Pit caused.

• PaulM says:

Exactly.
          90% of the charges get dropped to keep the court calender moving.
          Way too much money for lawyers to drag things out.
          Don’t even get me started on how many “non-violent” offenders get released because the politicians refuse to send the Rape Kits for DNA testing.

• scott467 says:

“Love Trump BUT prison reform = prison releases. If you think otherwise then define for me what will be reformed. ”

________________

We could start with ending the bogus and hilariously corrupt ‘private/public partnerships’, which are no different than slush funds for friends of government VIPs who give them our tax dollars.

We have a problem either way, whether prisons are run by the government, or whether prisons are run by the private sector, and ‘public/private partnerships’ are the worst of both worlds with none of the good of either one.

Private/Public prison partnerships NEED prisoners to maintain profits. What happens if crime rates drop? The prison NEEDS prisoners. The multinational corporation (invariably) who runs that prison almost certainly runs LOTS of prisons, and they have a vested interest in crime rates being HIGH.

But that is not the role of prison

A government run prison does not need prisoners to maintain profits, because a government run prison isn’t about turning a profit. If the prison is EMPTY, that’s a good thing. But government run prisons are susceptible to all of the inefficiencies and unaccountability and abuses that ALL government boondoggles share.

The second issue that could be addressed by ‘prison reform’ is:

A) deciding what is a violent crime and what is not a violent crime

and

B) reserving prison for violent criminals or criminals who pose a danger to others

There is no reason for taxpayers to house and feed non-violent prisoners at Prison University, where if they learn anything at all, it will be how to commit more serious crimes in the future.

People who are convicted of non-violent crimes could be diverted into community service or some other productive activity that doesn’t cost nearly as much as housing prisoners.

That would be good for the non-violent offenders, and it would be good for the taxpayers. Everybody wins.

5. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Fantastic event. Darrell Scott is 59 years old. What the heck? He does look 35, just as POTUS says.

Really enjoyed watching this event. You can tell how thankful these people are that POTUS actually listens to them and gives them a chance to be heard. Huge heart and compassion from POTUS.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Almost forgot to add — the press wranglers shouted down the press yelled questions at the end of the event. GREAT work from Bill Shine and his people here. New era now; no more stunts.

• fleporeblog says:

MAG our President is assuring them that they won’t have to worry about the Federal Courts in their lifetime!

Our President is cementing his legacy as the world looks the other way. These Federal Judges will be on the bench for decades to come! Absolutely breathtaking when you take a step back.

6. waltherppk says:

Here is another link and the beginning is not clipped

• dekester says:

Thank you for posting Walther..what a fantastic clip. As nice as it was to see the President getting such accolades. Witnessing these articulate and seemingly well intended pastors on this great stage. Was truly special.
      Cheers.

• Bo3484 says:

Walther,

Thank you for posting this.
      My prayer is every American having a chance to see this video.

• Marica says:

This entire 30 minutes was one of the most uplifting I have ever watched!! Wish that all Americans would watch…Fake NEWS would be GONE forever!!!

• Dances with Wolverines says:

Remember, the democrat black caucus refuses to even sit at the same table the President is seated at or to meet with him under any circumstance. Who is the losers? Sad

7. Sunshine says:

”… and don’t give up on California (laughs).”
    I would be something spectacular if Prez Trump won California.

• ImHopeful says:

I’ve sent a few e-mails to PDJT letting him know that there are MANY of us here in CA who voted for him, support him and thank him for everything he is doing, and asking him not to give up on our state. It really would be something to see him win here (but highly doubtful), just as I can only hope and pray that Gavin Newsom does not win for governor… with “free stuff for all” Newsom in office it may finally be that last straw that drives this life-long CA gal out of the state.

8. Beenthere says:

It’s a shame the Catholic Church did not have a rep at this meeting. I am sure they were invited. Aside from the ongoing abuse, it has such a big positive presence in all inner-cities. They educate these poor kids, give assistance to their poor moms, have an excellent prison ministry & so much more. They have been doing it for decades.They would have contributed a lot at this round table.

• Dutchman says:

They make too much $ off refugee ressettlement and housing illegal minors, so at loggerheads with MAGA agenda, therefore regret they couldn’t attend.
      It’s all about the MONEY, and there are billions at stake!

• Beenthere says:

You think maybe you could separate your illegal immigrant obsession with the other things the Catholic Church does quite successfully? I know plenty of African-Americans who benefited from the Catholic education system to become 1 of the 1st in their family to climb out of poverty whether or not they are Catholic. I knew African-American single moms-to-be who were given a place to stay before & after the baby was born & then received skills training. The list goes on & on without using the phrase illegal immigrant.

• piper567 says:

beenthere, thanks for your valuable post.
          The Catholic church suffers from the same branding as do many Evangelical/
          Protestant churches.
          There are many individual congregations/parishes which are truly dedicated to the Word of God and Christ Jesus.
          Because of their denominational affiliations, they get bad-mouthed along with the Wayward.
          Just as the people of the USA are not in alignment with the Congress, our “representatives”, people of many parishes/churches are not in alignment with their Leadership and their respective ideologies.

• jmclever says:

Let me tell you that for every pastor/church that messes up, there are hundreds of hard working, often bivocational, pastors in the trenches making huge personal and financial sacrifices to see people’s lives changed for the better through Jesus Christ. Catholic Charities or other “church” affiliated charities are not equivalent to your local faith community.

• Cheri Lawrence says:

Agree, I cant understand why they continue to resist that the hand of God is upon this man and his administration. I think it is just the endemic corruption of the leadership not the people. So many asleep within the dogma that has closed minds and silenced voices to the spirit of God and divinity in action that lies within us all.

• Plain Jane says:

I agree, however, in my diocese, it seems that much of the prison work and gang work is done by individual priests, deacons or groups. I know a priest who went out at night to meet up with gangs on their turf just to talk with them.

Many nuns of several different orders open their doors at night to give food, a shower and a bed to the street women.

A group of nuns operate (https://www.sojournertruthhouse.org ) a place where women can get education, clothing, you name it. Personally, because of relatives who volunteer there, I became aware of desperate need fot women’s underware. I purchase online bundles every month and have it sent directly to the ministry.

The Catholic church ministries seem to basically be NOT under the control nor auspices of the diocese, but under the diversified groups of Catholics or individuals in most cases. Therefore it would be difficult to have one representative of the Catholic church at such a meeting.

• rashomon says:

Rev. Michael Pfleger of Chicago’s southside Sabina’s Catholic Church is too busy planning his grand march up Lake Shore Drive to Wrigley Field during rush hour on Thursday (tomorrow night) when the Cubs play an evening game. Last week, they blocked the northbound lanes of the Dan Ryan Expressway requiring hundreds of LEOs to keep the march of people and traffic accident free. Also, on Thursday the annual Lollapalooza music fest starts in Grant Park next to the lake, which requires heavy policing as well, more so because last year the alleged shooter in Las Vegas massacre booked rooms for the event, so the PTB are on edge. What an accident waiting to happen!

These Father Pfleger marches, which usually include Jesse Jackson Sr. and friends, are to call attention to the violence in the black community and call for the resignation of Mayor Rahmbo Emanuel as he has not solved the problem of black-on-black shootings and murders. Unfortunately, these violent crimes happen in southside and westside communities where nobody don’t see nuthin’. Never in my lifetime. Never have. Never will.

And, to be sure, the people on the northside DO know about the violence because it spills over into their neighborhoods, especially during the summer when gangs of teens can’t find something better to do.

I have no love for Emanuel, but people have to cooperate to prevent crime and bring jobs to their communities. It’s not for lack of programs and funding. Youth Guidance, the Chicago Bears/Sox/Cubs and Hawks, community/state/federal resources…you name it…spend thousands of dollars year around to improve the lives of young people in these risky areas.

It IS gangs fighting over territory for drug and arm sales. Where do those come from?

• NJ Transplant says:

Beenthere – The Catholic Church only cares about illegal immigrants. Also, all the Catholic Churches have left the inner cities. They only care about increasing their dwindling attendance. Most of the illegal immigrants are Catholic.

9. trumpismine says:

Can you imagine how many people are praying for this man? Little wonder God’s hand is on our POTUS. keep praying people

• NJ Transplant says:

I was thinking the same thing, trumpismine. God really did make PDJT president. If God put him there, it will be harder for Mueller, the Dimms, the RINOs and the Deep State to push him out of that job. I was glad to hear they are all praying for him.

10. theresanne says:

This is really inspirational, seeing all these strong men of faith come together with our POTUS. If the MSM would broadcast events like this, maybe people would actually want to watch the news again.

• Plain Jane says:

So true. However, the devil does not want unity among God’s people, and meetings like this show unity and love.

• Trump Train says:

I agree. What a disservice they are doing to our country. 100% positive not one of those men at that table consider Trump a racist. He is doing what he said when running. I believe he has cemented the forgotten man vote by bringing jobs back. He genuinely cares for all people to have a chance to succeed including those left behind on the democratic plantation in the inner cities. These men of faith have a lot of influence and now that they don’t have to be hamstrung by the Johnson amendment they can speak the truth.

Trump is hands down the most pro life, pro Christian / Jewish ect President possibly in all of history. He has cemented the evangelical vote. Real prison reform and revitalization of minority communities will bring millions along.

I honestly believe that once he puts this Russian witch hunt hoax behind him and if we can increase our majorities in Congress with MAGA replacements he could have a Reagan style landslide re election in 2020.

11. brschultz says:

Go President Trump, you continue to warm my hope for the USA and my kids kids.

12. Cheri Lawrence says:

This is so beautiful. This man, this fearless Lion has indeed brought God and goodness back into our nation so that all our voices may be heard!!

13. emet says:

When I was a kid in the 50s and we played cops and robbers, NOBODY wanted to be a robber. We had to make the smaller kids do it. Then gradually, the bad guys in movies were becomimg likable, and the cops detestable. The first time it really struck me was when I saw Bonnie and Clyde. In life they were small time robbers who killed without hesitation. In the movie, the great law enforcement officer Frank Hamer was made to look the fool. Bonnie and Clude were portrayed as an attractive, loving , thrill-seeking couple who just got caught up in something. I jusy don’t think that the problem is with our prisons.

14. intercesser says:

It has always been my hope that the heavy weight of responsibility of high office will drive everyone to their knees in humility before a gracious and merciful Sovereign Lord . It looks like that may be happening in the Trump White House .

15. alliwantissometruth says:

The only way inner-cities improve is by removing the leftist democrat stranglehold on city government & public schools, along with their partners in crime, the local MS Media

Absolutely nothing will change until that happens

Black citizens in cities & elsewhere are being dumbed down, kept ignorant & enticed into extreme anger for a purpose

This outrageous charade has been going on for decades in order to keep the thoroughly corrupt & criminal democrat party in power

Until serious adults are in charge, generation after generation of black citizens will be destroyed in order to keep the white controlled globalist / Marxist power structure functioning

The truly sad part is that power structures black puppets will continue to lead their own people into the abyss for a little local power & self profit

I’m afraid until enough blacks awaken & see the truth, this despicable destruction of a segment of the population will continue to be destroyed

16. Resistwemuch says:

I may have missed him. Was LeBron James there?

17. waltherppk says:

18. Mercenary says:

Trump attacks on all fronts. Before, the Democrats never had to worry about anyone appealing to their constituency: Republicans passively stayed away and never made a case to blacks.

Now Trump is persuading the Democrat constituency on all dimensions; African American, Hispanic, women, etc… Democrats have never experienced actual competition before, and from the looks of it, Trump is succeeding to a degree. We will not know till the November and 2020 elections, but even if Trump could lock in 20% of the black vote, that would be amazing dividends on the work he has put forth.

19. RobInPA says:

What, what, WHAT?!?!

No Jesse?! No Al?!

Epic snub by the VSG, PDJT!!

20. DOUG says:

You go to 17:05 on that video and listen to what Pastor Scott had to say.
    It will be the last you hear that because it is the last thing the commies in the MSM want anyone to hear,

#MAGA
    #WALKAWAY

21. Critical Mass says:

Who is really “fundamentally transforming” America? There was so much goodness and energy in that room. And not a community organizer in sight, just community builders. The power of faith rather than the poison of division.

22. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Surprisingly there was no mention of this on any of the local 6:00 news broadcasts. There was however plenty of the current favorite Fake News phrase, “The walls are closing in.”

• What would you expect; a couple of days ago the headlines were all about some former athlete LeBron whatever saying he wouldn’t sit down at the same table with POTUS, today someone quotes MLKjr saying you have to sit down at table…no mention of that.

• Cankles Clinton says:

LeBron is still a current basketball player and the best thing about that is that the Trump curse might come upon him next basketball season.

• What a bunch of useless tools spewing and screeching their 4:00 AM JournOList email talking points every chance they are given. No, these people have no shame, they can not think for themselves, they run with the maroon who is emailing out the daily 4 AM JournOlist talking points. What a laughable group, unfortunately the television as with weight, reflects in their face and attitude of superiority the blind hate and wrath directed to anyone who is not part of their insulated bubble world.

• Daniel says:

Walls don’t work though right?

23. White Apple says:

One answer to prison reform is, “America Workforce Vocational Apprentice” program.

• rashomon says:

Absolutely! Prisons can be a training ground making professional criminals out of problematic youth, My cousin, who was a teacher for many years, spent two evenings a week helping inmates of the county jail get their GEDs, She even found them jobs in the trades for many of them when they got out. I know she still hears from most of them today.

24. quintrillion says:

We love you President Trump.

25. woohoowee says:

Every Father’s Day the preacher would deliver a message of responsibility to our dads. His main point? The most precious gift you can give your children is to let them know you love our Lord and their mother. We always knew 🙂

26. Thomas Falbo says:

Just when I thought I saw everything.

To me, this is the most important video any American of any color, ethnicity, religious background, age, gender or orientation could ever watch.

This president’s heart is on his sleeve in this video. The people in that room are expressing a deep spiritual appreciation for this president.

Not only would this video alone Asher him a landslide election, more importantly it would show the American people the character of the man who is leading this nation. God bless him always.

27. Cliffaheadwolvesbehind says:

Seriously, don’t you just truly love this man?
    How can they not see how he is saving our country?
    In my lifetime, I’ll never see another like him.
    Please God, just keep him safe from violent,political and medical harm!

28. waltherppk says:

29. Donna in Oregon says:

We shall see how these folks do. The last batch of Pastors and Preachers were Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Really nice suits, and expensive shoes…..not much done for the American people.

I love God, but I don’t always love what some folks do in the name of God.

Eyes wide open, this time results matter. No more free rides and shakedowns. IMHO.

• Your Tour Guide says:

I’m reaaaallll happy that the list didn’t include any of the Atlanta
      Mega Church pastors. Five thousand member churches, at the
      low end, 10% automatic tithing. They look at your tax forms if you join.

Bishop Eddie Long died awhile back. He was so connected to the
      Atlanta power structure that his church had it’s own exit ramp off of
      interstate 20.

30. waltherppk says:

Snowflakes …..Count Your Blessings and savor your good fortune…..

31. IMO says:

Inspiring… no doubt the Pastors have so many great ideas to help inspire all communities in this great country. So glad they support and pray for our President.

32. This seems like an appropriate topic to append my YouTube playlist: “Jesus: Bigger Than the Beatles” (1960-Present), featuring artists from across the musical spectrum whose popular songs of faith appealed to the great unwashed.

“Whatever their motive for doing it, the fact remains that the Good News about Christ is being preached, and I’m glad. And I’ll continue to be glad, for I know that as you pray for me, and as the Holy Spirit helps me, this is all going to turn out for my good.”

— Philippians 1:18-19 (Living Bible translation) Apostle Paul speaking

33. GB Bari says:

I certainly agree with most all of the posts above where sentiment is expressed that is appreciative of the President reaching out to this often-ignored community.

I must confess to getting very moist eyes watching these folks expressing genuine but dignified excitement and appreciation for what President Trump is doing for them. We all know these people have been considered second class by Washington politicians for far too many years. Used far too long as political footballs, inner-city folks have never had a genuine offer like the one PDJT is making.

It’s not just that he’s keeping yet another important promise made in his campaign, it’s that he is the first president in my lifetime (like the one preacher stated in the meeting) who really is concerned about the inner-urban population and is trying to make a positive impact on those residents and do everything within his power to help turn around the negative tide by reaching out to hearts and minds through several programs, the faith-based community outreach being one of them.

I look forward to reading about what comes out of this conference and seeing significant improvements in this area of our country.

34. zorrorides says:

Would’ve been nice for the national Salvation Army to be interested in this meeting/event. The SA is still the old dependable down in the trenches in urban and small town USA. In Oklahoma the SA is leading with the Bridges Out Of Poverty program. Bridges has “Getting Ahead While Getting Out” as prison ministry, and “Getting Ahead In A Just Gettin’ By World” programs for communities.

We understand some things out there can change yer life, but some can do it in a good way.

35. rashomon says:

This 1995 NYT article covers the introduction of private prisons during the Clinton administration and points out a dilemma. When you build a hotel, you have to fill the rooms at a set capacity to make a profit; when you build a prison, your investors expect you to keep the beds filled to maximize profits. One way to do the latter is to make laws that imprison more people. Three-strikes-and-you’re-out laws were implemented in 1994.

36. Daniel says:

Euphemisms are lies. They may be “white lies” but they are meant to deceive for one purpose or another. “He passed away.” No he didn’t. His body doesn’t function any longer and so he is no longer and left this thing behind. He’s dead. That’s a euphemism. Making something unpleasant sound more pleasant. And it’s all over the place in our language.

This use of language manipulation is largely a tool of the left and is dishonesty. So what am I talking about specifically?

“Inner-city”? There’s a lot of people who live in “inner-cities.” But they don’t really mean all of those people. And even at that table, they represent locations that aren’t really places we would consider to be “city” at all but rather more rural areas. Are we to still lie by saying “inner-city” on those areas too?!

To effectively address the truth; the reality; the problem, you have to call out by name, the proper name, if what is under discussion. “But you can’t say black!?” Why not? Why is it even a bad word? And why are there so many of “bad words?” Is it because we constantly abuse the language with political correctness by using different words to avoid using words which have somehow become “tainted” with negative connotations? The problem is always the source of the meaning. Wrapping up problems, COVERING them, DISGUISING them, works to hide and thus prevent or delay addressing and resolving problems. (“Hey doctor, I’ve got a problem with my thing and I can’t do that any more the way I used to, can you help me?”)

This is my rant and it will always be my rant. Black people are not offended by being called black. Some love to wield the PC weapon and want you to spit out increasing numbers of syllables in order to somehow honor them or something. But most people like to keep things simple and honest and so I call out dishonest language every time I see it.

“Inner-city” “Bad neighborhood” “The streets” Using geographical descriptions to describe people? Really? Are they NOT people? Are they just fixtures and characteristics of the land??? When you describe human beings, with moral agency and minds of their own and free will, you have lumped these people as a collective, indistinguishable, “all the same,” “all alike.” Is that really how we think of “those people?”

I do not. I know and work with individuals, each with their own merits and skill sets. And they are not all the same. Some are good people and some are not. And I consider co-workers based on their performance or how well we are able to cooperate and work together. I consider people with whom I interact, selfishly enough, by things like how they respond to my jokes, observations or attempts at humor.

Can we stop telling lies to ourselves and to each other? Sure “we know what we mean” though right? Really? Do we? Describing people as geography? Seems to me the solution is to get them out of that “offensive geography” and suddenly they will be brand new people right? Is that how it works? That’s what the left wants us to believe. Bringing in people from other countries, lands populated by people who have EXTREMELY dangerous members among them (MS13, ISIS, AlQuaeda and more) makes them normal Americans like us right? I don’t think we will honestly make that argument as the leftists do.

How does it help to speak inaccurately? In the context of addressing problems and working to solutions, how is that a good idea?

37. 1stgoblyn says:

When I was still employed I had a very large team (72 at the height of the season) comprised of mostly blacks. During team meetings I had to be very careful of my language b/c some of my employees would run to the union with a charge of discrimination at the drop of a hat. Some offensive words were, “you people” (they knew I meant the whole team which included whites, asians and Hispanics), “ladies” and during a meeting discussing ideas for foods to bring to a celebratory picnic I used the words, “fried chicken.” The meeting turned into a bru-ha-ha. My comment to end that was, “Guess some of you don’t think white people eat fried chicken.” Annnnnnd off to the union they went. LOL Some people are cool, some are idiots and some are not. The color of their skin has no bearing on their personality whatsoever. Oh, I could write a book. LOL

• Daniel says:

I’m going to guess you were replying to my comment. I’m with you on this. Having to walk on eggshells is a huge part of the problem. White people love fried chicken and watermelon too. I am simply not sure where that association happened or how it became a negative. If someone told me I shouldn’t like either of those because I’m white I wouldn’t be “offended” but I would certainly look at them in a way which conveyed I thought they were out of their minds.

Like millions of other people, I’m 100% ready for this nonsense to end and for everyone to just get along as fellow Americans.

I was reflecting on a notion earlier, however, about the Democrat laws and policies we all know as “Jim Crow.” If I were somehow racist, and believed I was superior to all of them, why on earth would I want to make laws like that? After all, if I believed I were superior, I’d simply “let them fail” on their own merit and then proclaim “I told you so!” But that’s not what the Democrats did. They did everything they could to destroy them and still are! You only do that to someone you fear or hate.

Victimhood and “empowerment” are mentalities which harms everyone and all manner of relations.

“When I was employed…” Does that suggest you were fired over this?