Secretary Pompeo Arrives in Japan To Brief Prime Minister Shinzo Abe…

One of the strongest geopolitical alliances exists between the U.S. and Japan.  President Trump and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe are not only good friends, but also work well together toward regional goals for a denuclearized Korean peninsula.

Additionally, the U.S-Japan alliance is bolstered by a respectful economic partnership; and the appearance of Secretary Pompeo arriving in Japan to brief Prime Minister Abe on his discussions with the DPRK also highlights the importance of the relationship.

This entry was posted in China, Donald Trump, Japan, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary Pompeo, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Secretary Pompeo Arrives in Japan To Brief Prime Minister Shinzo Abe…

1. WSB says:

Thank you, Sundance, for showing us a peak into the debriefing. One piece of this NK jigsaw puzzle.

Godspeed, Secretary Pompeo.

2. God bless America!

3. kltk1 says:

What’s on Pompeo’s left leg?

And Pompeo for President 2024….

• piper567 says:

kltk1, Pompeo has that necessary Alpha Male thing goin..,he’s my current choice too.

• fleporeblog says:

Mine as well Piper! I hold Rep. Nunes in such high regard but Secretary Pompeo has the IT factor. To me he would carry TRUMPISM forward like no one else can.

• kltk1 says:

Pompeo is the only person I see at this time that would have the knowledge, fight and willingness to fight to continue the Trump agenda. Pence really doesn’t stand a chance in my view. Kinda like watching Reagan and Bush all over again. Reagan didn’t really want Bush and look what happened to him. Pence would likely suffer the same fate. IMO.

Also, if I recall correctly, Trump really didn’t want Pence, he wanted Christie (Not that he was a good choice either) but the case was made that Pence would bring home the evangelicals. I think it was Manafort who made the case for Pence. Might be why he’s in jail today. LOL, just kidding folks…

• piper567 says:

flepore, I think if Pompeo stays at State during Trump’s second term, he will have all the relationships in place to carry on with what Trump has wrought. And the understanding.
          I really do.
          Pence can stay as VP, as I think he’s ok at VP, but he is not a Leader, he’s a follower. AND, he’s not a real Alpha, and I think Pompeo is.

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Speech by SoS Pompeo was carried by FNC starting about 10:50-55 PM EDST, pre-empting the end of the Greg Gutfeld show.

5. Troublemaker10 says:

6. There’s something very serious with our man Pompeo today, he seems tougher. I think bs is not on to do list.

• cali says:

@Karmaisabitch: SOS Pompeo gained clear insight to all things swamp creatures in the state department. Can you imagine how much intelligence he saw during his time at the CIA?
      President Trump’s decision to move Pompeo from the CIA to the state department was a masterstroke and Art of the Deal! 🙂

SOS Pompeo is a humble man bringing his positive demeanor everywhere he goes. It infectious.

7. Mujhunter says:

At the end of the day, the one thing China absolutely fears is a nuclear armed Japan..

I would like to think that Abe and Pompeo/Trump are discussing such an option, if Bejing continues to throw monkey wrenches into the de-nuclearization discussions.

Because it’s Japan that is more threatened by NOKO’s nuclear program than the US. They are the ones having rockets fired over their country.

8. Angry Dumbo says:

I second the sentiments on this thread. Can I say on Sunday, thank the Lord Almighty that we have old school men like SoS Pompeo representing our Nation’s interests overseas.

I love the dress of PM Abe and Pompeo, no tie but Navy blue and white dress shirt, no untucked Tommy Bahama shirts or funny socks.

These guys are serious people doing a serious job.

9. dufrst says:

Sundance I would correct you on the characterization of US-Japan alliance as an “ASEAN” relationship. I believe you meant Asian or even Asia-Pacific Alliance (as the US is the preeminent Pacific power in the World with all the territories and states, HI and AK, we control there). ASEAN is the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, which Japan is not a member (Japan is a member of APEC and TPP).

• Palmetto95 says:

Correct. I noticed that also. There are 12 ASEAN members states including nations like Vietnam, Myanmar, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, etc. Japan is not a member.