A statement from The President: “The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country. The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better.

These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.” (link)

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, media bias, NFL, Patriotism, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

339 Responses to Philadelphia Eagles Politicize Championship Celebration – White House Cancels Invitation…

1. CNN_sucks says:

Philadelpia Eagles dumb as a box of rocks.

• Jedi9 says:

The NFL players, and the ones who are protesting are doing so in order to compel me to care! The truth is, I don’t care, which means they failed in their protest due to the methods they chose to employ! I might have cared had they thought it out carefully and chose another venue or method to use to get their message across, but that ship has sailed.
      See ya!

• The Devilbat says:

What do you expect from a bunch of people who pay with a damned ball for a living? Dogs play with balls. Go figure.

• fleporeblog says:

• Especially for denigrating the flag and the country, the sole bastion of freedom in the world! Just plain ignorant.

• Boy Howdy! You’re right!

How can peoples be as dumb as a rock? Adherence to false dogma, a.k.a. cult brainwashing.

2. franker01 says:

I cancelled my cable today – mostly because it had become ridiculously expensive but also because we never watch TV anymore.

I thought about renewing it when the NFL season starts but I thought better about it.

Why would I pay money to watch a bunch of Illiterate Thugs who hate America run around and tackle each other?

LOL

• CNN_sucks says:

And some of them were criminals and wife beater….no love for NFL.

• The No Fans Left is also a perfect example of the globalist psychopath invention of “diversity”…

Take a look at those percentages. Last time I looked at the stats it was 78% BLACK.

So very diverse, and I finally understood what the word means. To the orchestrators of chaos and division in the world, that is.

• jello333 says:

NFL ~70% black; NBA ~75% black. And guess which league had debates going on a few years ago regarding “lack of diversity”? That’s right: Major League BASEBALL! It’s a little under 10% black, so OF COURSE that means some kind of racism is at work… but OF COURSE there’s no racism in NFL or NBA.

• Bugsdaddy says:

What we are witnessing is the full bloom of the “sense of entitlement”. Most of these players have been molly-coddled, and told they are so great, etc, etc, etc.

What is missing is the sense of appreciation. Appreciation that their parents supported them, Appreciation that God blessed them with talent.

I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to go to a MLB event with the Detroit Tigers called Homeplate. This was a celebration by many of the players (from both teams!) of recognizing the influence of Christ in their young lives. These players and coaches who stood in front of a crowd of about 10,000 fans were examples to be held up to our kids. Sure, some of them had problems in the past, drugs, women, money, etc. But they had each and every one found Christ had the uncanny ability to lead them away from their troubles, turn their life around and commit to their community to be builders, not troublemakers.

The speakers were representative of what racism does not look like. The young men present and in support of the speakers were white, black, hispanic, asian……….from countries like Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico (OK, still part of USA!!), Cuba, Japan, China, Mexico, The United States, Canada, there was even one fellow from Italy….not all were players, some were coaches, and some were past players. But the amazing thing is there were about 15 current players there in support of the speakers.

These are the young men who do so much to support their communities. Quietly, diligently. They give their time, money, and hearts to try to make the world a better place. Not a lot of fanfare or noise. No extravaganza’s or movies about their lives. Unlike the churlish, attention-hungry babies, we so often see held up as examples of professional sports.

Sorry to be long winded, but this is my example of contrast of what is wrong in professional sports, and what is not. I think it extrapolates to society in general as well. Those with a strong moral foundation support society. Those without a moral foundation tear society apart, and seek only their own aggrandizement and hunger so much for attention that they do stupid things. It is sad, they haven’t the fortitude to understand that they are already loved, loved more than can ever understand. Loved by Christ.

• Patriot Lady says:

Friends,
        Just want to remind everyone of my post from September, 2017 ….
        Fellow refugees,
        We have a player, Isaiah Crowell, on the Cleveland Browns who posted a photo of an assassin slitting the throat of a police officer: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3686323/Cleveland-Browns-running-Isaiah-Crowell-posts-viral-mock-picture-cop-having-throat-slit-Dallas-attack.html
        –a photo that instigated the assassination of 5 Dallas officers–a player who received virtually no punishment, was forced into an apology by the Cleveland patrolman’s union and is still collecting his paycheck from owner Jimmy Haslam. So please forgive me if I cannot join you in your outrage for players who did not stand for our anthem. Did any of those players hold up an effigy of a member of the military with a knife in his throat and blood dripping down his uniform? I don’t recall. Did any player do that? Their behavior was a childish, cowardly, self-centered act of protest– not threats of murder against other human beings.
        As long as the NFL condones the evil of Isaiah Crowell and attempts to conceal domestic violence demonstrated by the Ray Rice video, I will never watch another game. And after seeing reports of fans still attending and watching Browns’ games, people like me are a very small minority.

• Pied Piper says:

Hypocrisy is discomforting only to those on the right, the God fearing, the constitutionalists, those with character.

Those on the left neither fear nor bow to the pressure hypocrisy brings because they do not, cannot see how it applies to them. In their world, hypocrisy only exists on and for the right and can never be used to judge their own actions.

• covfefe_USA says:

Who make millions of dollars and have nothing of merit to show for it, least of all any gratitude for their largesse.

• Orygun says:

Both leagues have owners that are some of the wealthiest people in the country and yet they require the public to pay for their arenas. The hard working citizens in those communities should ask for their money back.

• G. Alistar says:

IF they keep kneeling for the National Anthem, ain’t gonna be no more million dollars salaries…they will go broke. Advertisers have left in droves, fans are mad, cable sports packages for NFL is dying. NFL must fix….or die!

• allhail2 says:

We cancelled ours almost two years ago. Ridiculous pricing, crappy content and slow as s*** speed sealed the deal. We now only have internet for Netflix etc. I was little “anxious” about missing some sports. But I got over it pretty quick. Easy habit to break.

FWIW, if anyone has Spectrum, check your download speed about once a month. We have caught them numerous times having slowed our speed to half or less of what we pay for. You have to call them up, bitch about it, they give you the “whoopsie” spiel, reset it and you’re good, until it happens again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Ken says:

Now that NBA idiot and Hillary supporter LeBron James is spouting off about invites to the White House. That and the fact that Steve Kerr and Steph Curry have spouted off too. The NBA finals along with the NFL is also going to be on my no watch list as I don’t give a rip who wins.

3. texastrumper says:

I am sitting in my man cave as I type this. Dallas Cowboy memorabilia on every wall and on the floor. I only watched one or two games last year. (I don’t remember exactly) I have been a Cowboy fan since I was a mere child. Many stars I loved growing up. Slowly, the game lost its luster for me because of thuggish behavior on and off the field. If I have to make a choice between NFL football and the Dallas Cowboys over my Flag and Country and the National Anthem, then my choice is and was last year very easy to make. These guys made their bed and now I intend to make them lie in it. I would love to get my Cowboys back but not at the expense of our Flag. I will continue to find something else to do on Sunday after church. I refuse to watch a bunch of rich,selfish ,ungrateful thugs. End of rant.

• wendy forward says:

Cool, I’m in our den/BF’s man cave right now.

Sitting right below our framed inauguration invitation.

• TimesUp says:

I’m with you Tex. At this point the NHL is the only professional sports I watch. Maybe it isn’t a sport that captivated you in Texas but I have always found NHL players down-to-earth and the game itself is awesome (especially live)… nothing like playoff hockey.

• Oldschool says:

Share your sentiments texas.

• visage13 says:

Me too, life long Cowboys fan until they fired Landry then I took a break for a long time so now I will take another break, forever….

• woodstuff says:

Agree, When Tom Landry was fired I started calling them the Arkansas Cowboys. No longer did I watch Football, except for College games. It’s funny how that over the years guys would ask which team would win a certain game. I had no idea who was even playing. My out was to reverse the question and ask them what they thought; it worked.

• auscitizenmom says:

Might I suggest the Army, Navy, and Air Force games? They don’t play on Sundays, but they can be exciting. I watch all the Navy games and some of the others.

• jello333 says:

Don’t you get this feeling that if Tom Landry was still around, none of this would be happening? (Not just on the Cowboys, but the whole league.)

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Good for you! I used to joke that I was the luckiest woman in America because hubby hates most sports. Boy, am I even luckier now…..

• Daniel says:

The old cowboys will never come back. The Roger Staubachs, the Tom Landrys, the Tony Dorsettes; they were all iconic football legends in one way or another and none of them with grotesque tattoos or criminal history or any sort of violent or other scandals associated with them.

It’s the NFL’s thuggish hiring which leads to the NFL’s thuggish behaviors. It’s very disappointing to me (and to you) because when I was growing up, the “razzle dazzle” plays and all manner of unpredictability no longer grace the field the way they once did. The NFL once required high standards of every type. But now? And why?! With so many trying to play in the NFL, they can absolutely choose those with the highest moral standards. So why?! Why go with the worst people?? They have destroyed people who have been life-long fans… born into the fandom. We saw better, more ideal times and we see the difference and we do not like it.

• jello333 says:

Remember back when “celebrations” were banned? I don’t mean teammates celebrating a win, I mean an individual player “dancing” around after a play, particularly a score. One of the first to ever do that stuff was Billy (“White Shoes”) Johnson. He had been doing it awhile, even getting penalized for it, but it didn’t stop him. What DID stop him was when he did it in front of Thomas Henderson one time. BOOM!… little Billy wasn’t dancing now. 🙂

• Patriot Lady says:

Amen, Daniel!
        And my husband would add the NBA– or the 5 T’s as he calls them– ‘Tattooed Thugs that Talk Trash’. And celebrate BLM:

• jello333 says:

I was a huge football fan (Cowboys) from the late ’60s to the mid ’90s. I was a huge basketball fan for a shorter time, from the late ’70s to the early ’90s. Not coincidentally, the basketball years just happened to almost exactly coincide with the Larry Bird era (college and pros). 😉 Never was much into hockey. So now about all I’ve got left is baseball. But even though I’ve been a Cards fan for a LONG time (since late ’60s), I now find I have almost zero enthusiasm for the team. (Long story, but mostly involving the owners’ complete lack of loyalty toward players, particularly a certain guy named Albert 😦 ).

• jello333 says:

These scumbags cared NOTHING about Eric Garner. Even though his death WAS a tragedy (unlike that of Trayvon, GG Mike, and many others), the BLM freaks just HAD to blow it far out of proportion. They refused to admit that it was just a series of mistakes my several involved (incl. Eric himself), and instead painted it as MURDER… no, RACIST MURDER. Scumbags… never let a good tragedy go to waste.

• Daniel, It’s not just the NFL who no longer have any class, dignity, morals or patriotism. Think about the old Hollywood actors and actresses. When they were out in public they were expected to have class and dignity and act and dress like the movie stars they were. And in that time people were actually patriotic, people were ostracized if they weren’t. Now they are all actors, publically sleep around, do drugs, bad mouth anything patriotic, act like complete jerks and revere anyone who will help their career. That is until the career makers get caught then everyone is astonished or jumps up and says “oo, oo, me to, they did it to me too”.

• somaspecialist says:

The main reason to stop watching the Cowboys…is because Tony Romo was forced out for a clown who cant throw more than a 5 yard dumb off….

• Pied Piper says:

Football is no longer a sport. It’s an illness for voyeurs to watch like car wreck videos.

4. Atticus "The Deplorable" says:

Stay classy Iggles.

5. Linus in W.PA. says:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like a freight train rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, someone should put together a (5) minute video-collage of footage from all the prior year NFL Super Bowl Winner visits to the White House, and blast it out on the net.

Let the Eagles know what dum basses they are!

6. NJF says:

Simply put, I love this man.

7. MGBSE says:

Exactly…they are punks and it NEVER occurred to the filthy America hateing punks that they would be challenged…and as the old saying goes – they will cut off their noses to spite their face…I look forward to their bankruptcy.

8. Jeff says:

Glad you did. The NFL has a bunch of over paid spoiled cry babies in it. No fans left is what NFL will really stand fir in the end if they dont replace their commissioner soon.

9. Tl Howard says:

I don’t agree at all with the POTUS here. Several team members evidently wish to go. I think it looks small and it IS mall to revoke an invitation. As far as I know, the Eagles didn’t pull what Stephan Curry of the Warriors did last year.

It’s the People’s House and if I had invited several people to my house, I’d not revoke the invitation for all if some chose not to come.

He’s punishing those who looked forward to visiting the WH. They can’t change the minds of their teammates any more than their teammates can change theirs.

• Tl Howard says:

BTW, I’m a long time lover of NFL football and my team is abandoning us for the second time so I boycotted the NFL last year for TWO reasons and I’ll do so again this season. I’d like to say, though, having met over the years several NFL players at charitable events in the off season, many of them are wonderful guys and I don’t like to hear a general reference to them as “punks.”

• Boo hoo. Grown @$$ men that refuse to stand for the anthem due to a truly bovine scat lie about their poor hood rat associates being constantly targeted and blown away by the evil ole white man “popo”.

Gimme a break. Stupor Bowl. Children’s game. Million dollar thugs flashing gang signs in the end zone or seeing which one can come up with the most ridiculous “dance” signature.

How about we as a nation growing up? We are in a war against the evil globalist psychopaths, our Founding Documents are only used if it is against us, and we have an international bankster cabal of aforementioned globalist psychopaths counterfeiting our currency and using it to make us debt slaves while they rake in nearly 100 million an hour in “interest”.

Who cares about any of the alleged “entertainment” anymore, and why? It’s a distraction. Bread and Circuses keep us busy the incredibly few hours we aren’t busting hump to SURVIVE in a nation that should allow us to prosper much MORE than… the UniParty puppets do.

So yep, I will pass on the million dollar punks whether a couple or more of them do good things in the off season or not. Collectively they are working to destroy our nation based on nothing more than pure racism that is based on black LIES mattering.

Puke. And yep, I’m mad bro. Very much filled with cold anger the likes of which do I seldom see from others who should be as well. But, no… I do not always rant either… nor am I mad @ you, Sir. Not at all.

I do live with a lot of disappointment in all of us though, how could I not? All this is happening on our watch.

• Tl Howard says:

In your comment I see nothing about the Eagles’ players who wanted to go.

• Alligator Gar says:

The President still invited fans to come, so, I would imagine that would surely include non-kneeling-idiot players who wanted to come celebrate.

• Hoosier says:

The 3 that wanted to go may just get an invitation to a round with POTUS at MarAlago. Un might have to caddy. 😉

• Jo says:

Do you really think that they would be allowed, or encouraged to come?
            Remember the Steelers player Alejandro Villaneuva who stood outside the locker room with his hand over his heart, while the rest stayed inside?
            Look what happened to him – it’s obvious that pressure was put on him to conform.

• TI, the TEAM was invited. Team is everyone, there is no I in team. President Trump did the right thing! If an individual team member wants to go I’m sure he can. But the celebration is no longer for spoiled millionaire crybabies who have no love for this country, it will be for patriots. Zero respect or consideration for nfl

• P.S.

I would stand behind them all 100% if they were doing something completely different, like making a moment of silence at every game in support of ending black on black murder.

You know, something with common sense that is actually real. Yep.

• somaspecialist says:

AND YET You don’t hear these “good guys” speak out ADAMANTLY against this….

• allhail2 says:

Then the not punks had better get the punks under control or they’ll all be unemployed, and most of them are currently unemployable.

• Howard Cosell says:

Please name them so we can shout them out.

• CNN_sucks says:

Then they should call and invite themselves in. It is people’s white house after all.

• Tl Howard says:

Yeah, just pick up the phone and get right through.

• Deb says:

You know the White House has a switchboard and takes our messages.

Also, they can write a letter, an email, send a tweet.

I’m sure if the team’s owner called to negotiate a truce, someone would take his call.

• somaspecialist says:

Exactly…this guys is just making an excuse for them…these “good guys” weren’t strong enough to speak up against this….they wanted to support their “brothers”

• neal s says:

If your ‘brother’ is doing something stupid, does it really make sense to ‘support’ him? Doesn’t it make more sense to let your ‘brother’ know that they ARE doing something stupid? I know that sometimes it is ‘tough’ to do the right thing. But that is why it is so important to do the right thing.

• 1stgoblyn says:

And by uninviting the whole team, our wonderful Lion, VSPGPDJT, is showing us how to show tough love. This is a wonderful example of ‘I am your parent, not your friend’ for parents to follow in their own home. Disrespect-me-and-I-will-discipline-you type of example. I love this man.

• auscitizenmom says:

I hope that the ones who wanted to go turn their anger on the players that caused this to happen instead of the President.

• Tl Howard says:

I’d like my President to be gracious.This reminds me of the bad teachers I had who always threatened the whole class would be punished if a few didn’t straighten up. It never worked and it taught the well behaved that their behavior was judged by the behavior of others. Good teachers didn’t make that mistake.

I realize POTUS is trying to make a point, but IMO he looks petty, childish, and ungracious. It’s MY house and he’s living in it temporarily and I would like those who accepted the invitation to be welcomed with open arms.

• Pam says:

With all due respect, remember, these same entitled players are disrespecting the men and women in uniform and they are also showing disrespect to the man holding the highest office. It’s time for them to be gracious. This president isn’t in office to be presidential. He’s in office to get stuff done.

• Deb says:

Thank you!

The President is not allowing these spoiled players to politicize the White House. They struck first, he’s refusing the fight. Not in our house.

• Tl Howard says:

Pam, are you saying that the players who voted to go are “disrespecting the men and women in uniform…”?

• jahealy says:

They are all about The Team. All for one and one for all. The good guys can either get the idiots in line, or suffer for their idiocy. All for one and one for all. Thems the breaks.

• WesternPA says:

Former Pittsburgh Steeler great Franco Harris said if anyone from the 1970’s Steeler teams took a knee during the National Anthem, Mean Joe Greene and Jack Lambert would have put an end to it quickly and straightened that player out. The NFL now is a joke. It’s been off my radar for years. Don’t miss it one bit.

• Patriot Lady says:

As a former Browns fan, WesternPA, I agree completely!! Please see my post above about Isaiah Crowell. I began turning off the NFL when players started wearing pink in October– that was the beginning of the end. And when the military had pay the NFL for their salutatory programs during games!!

• Serena says:

• Dennis Leonard says:

You sound like the public relations guy for the team.I’m sure with your connections the good ones will get noticed.I love how people,like you, just drop in here and start talking all about manners,Really

• NO, it’s OUR house and your opinion is welcome, no one would want you to remain silent, spread your feelings at will Sir!

But, it is OUR house, and those of us who agree with him happen to disagree with you.

So what?

Just what in the he!! does “professional football” have to do with anything pertaining to freedom, liberty, justice, and the pursuit of property?

What does it have to do with restoring our Constitutional Republic???

Right. It does NOT matter one damn bit in the grand scheme of what we leave behind for our progeny, now does it?

Still not mad bro. Not at you! 😉

• Tl Howard says:

I appreciate your response, HumanCondition. That last thing I want to belong to is a place where one is expected to be clones of everyone else. Thanks.

• I can’t take “group think”, but I can handle being outnumbered on a subject while still stating my own opinion.

My comments here are strictly based on the State of the Union. It is and has been ripped to shreds for over a century, we are not in control of it, and we have a chance to get busy and at least TRY to assist our VSG President Trump in his efforts.

😉

• SharkDiver says:

Enough…You made your point several times, and I suspect most of us stand with Trump on this, rather than with you.

• Tl Howard says:

Disagree with me, no problem. If I hold a differing opinion, I hope to respond agreeably, without rancor or condescension.

“Enough…You made your point several times…”.

I expanded on my points, and I responded to more than one poster. Please, if you respect the very principles of the country this blog promotes and tries to protect, never tell me when I can speak or what I can speak.

If I am rude or vulgar, and I hope I will never be, I should be called out, but I hope never to call out another for expressing his own thoughts and I ask you not do that to me.

• Iron Lady says:

Me too. I live in Philly and this is a tough day. I was so proud that there were so many wonderful Christians on the team. But there are a few bad dudes also, including the owner.
          They are seeing to it that the visit will divide the team. Too bad.

• kroesus61 says:

a few things to address your scree…….first the Eagles won as a TEAM and it is traditionally a TEAM invite for the champions to the WH so protocol would be to disinvite the TEAM……secondly it was reportedly LESS than 10 total from the team that wanted to attend…..with a 53 player roster + staff of over 30 this would be about a 10% attendance……essentially a token force as an INSULT to the WH POTUS and the US as a whole…….thirdly get off your high horse as it is an event PDJT is HOSTING he gets to determine the attendees

• covfefe_USA says:

No, T1, its past time that entertainers understand they are paid to entertain, not advocate or advance political opinion.

• Tl Howard says:

POTUS’ tit for tat churlish, ungracious, petty behavior matches theirs. There are many players who WANTED TO GO!

Further, if you think he is going to change the behavior of entertainers, take a look…it’s gotten worse.

• Deb says:

He is defending the White House and the flag and our military from politicization.

That is much more important than your idea of what is “gracious.” The players are the ones not being gracious.

• adam3wade says:

There is no “I” in team. As far as I am concerned the entire team has a black eye even if it is only the actions of a few players giving the black eye. Glad he canceled.

• Get a grip man. Trump hasn’t made their behavior worse, racism and incredible ignorance on their part has made their behavior worse.

Why didn’t they do this when bath house bari was usurping the office and our Constitution?

Yeah.

• Orygun says:

They can still go. I am sure he would welcome them. No one is stopping them.

• jello333 says:

I know some players wanted to go, and I suspect a few of them maybe even agree with Trump on the issue. But how many of them are willing to STAND UP TO their teammates? How many of them have publicly condemned the scumbag BLM “protesters”? Would that take a lot of courage… you bet. But I can’t think of anything that could fix this problem better than the GOOD players standing up to the BAD players. (And yes, I’m well aware of the whole “team camaraderie” argument.)

• TexasRanchQueen says:

The President invited the “Team”. A small group that wants to go is not the “Team.” My mother taught me that when you are invited to someone’s home you dress nice, say please and thank you, and you eat whatever they offer with a smile on your face. With all that President Trump is having to deal with at this time in history, the NFL is a gnat on his to-do-list. President Trump is not being petty, President Trump is extending a welcoming hand and all he is getting is a slap.

I really wish there was a mandatory two year service enlistment for graduating high school students. My generation lived in the era of Vietnam; there was the draft, our number got called, we served. Many came home whole, a lot came home with missing limbs or messed up brains. Too, too many came home in a box. Boo hoo NFL players, life’s a bitch.

• Jimmy Jack says:

And they’re losing influence and ratings. Samantha Bee’s ratings were in the toilet.

Trump is smashing at the heart of cultural Marxism.

• Kerry_On says:

It could have been the other way around. Those who didn’t want to go to the WH could have just just shut up and not made the trip but no, they had to make it a big deal to show that THEIR opinions were more important than what the TEAM wanted and the TEAM ALLOWED THEM to do it. No disavowal. No statement that these players DO NOT speak for the team etc. SO be it.

The entire NFL took offense when our President called them out on their unPatriotic behavior and disrespect for our flag and all it stands for. They decided “they’d show HIM!”. Now the league is in tatters, people have turned their backs on the game, attendance is in the tank and they STILL want to show the President of the United States who’s boss. They thought they could win that fight. They were and are, sadly mistaken. They are learning what many world leaders are learning. This is not a man you want to challenge lightly. Like all the great athletes, he only plays to win. If they are disappointed, maybe they should call Colin Kappernick and thank him. They can Google him under “Where are they now?”

• MfM says:

Not many players… Ten out of fifty odd.

• auscitizenmom says:

And, it will continue to get worse unless we fight back.

• Jo says:

We had already cancelled our NFL subscription, due to Kaepernick’s kneeling long before President Trump brought the subject up, so had many Conservative commenters on Discus.
          President Trump just said what most of us were thinking – it really needed to be addressed.
          My hubby said that he’d cancel MLB too, if they started the same garbage & he’s been a fan of both for 50 years.

• Oh, and 2-3 players (maybe up to 10) is “many?” SMH

• The team goes or the team doesn’t.
      You are not an individual you are a team member.

For everyone of their fans that support that team, all players should have accepted the invitation.
      It a disgrace that any member of that team or any team would disrespect their own fans and community support by pulling a boneheaded move like this.

One more nail in the coffin for the NFL.

• jefcool64 says:

I get what you’re saying but you’re not thinking this through to it’s logical conclusion. if we’re going to go down that road than have you considered the optics of the people who didn’t show up? The optics of the people who did? I don’t want the media to pollute this sport any more than you do with headlines like this–

“The brave men who rejected the White House invitation”

Trump is taking away those privileges which means he’s under no obligation to allow next year’s champion into the White House.

Also the White House is always open. If people on the team really wanted to see the president, I’m sure Trump could accommodate them (and I’m sure their family) in a way that is hidden from the media’s eyes. Those guest lists exist for a reason.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I tend to agree even though I do love Trump telling anyone to shove off. I have to wonder what else went into this decision behind the scenes we don’t know about. Like maybe a planned protest at the WH

• Jimmy Jack says:

That didn’t come off as strongly as I meant it. Trump is right, I’m enjoying this, but I hate any toehold this gives to those who attack Trump.

And there are some patriotic nfl players who support Trump openly despite backlash for it like Herschel Walker.

• Pied Piper says:

Peer pressure a big factor in starting and growing the disrespect. It can work both ways. I’m with President Trump keeping the pressure on. He’s right about staying in the locker room being no different than kneeling. It’s just a slightly less visible finger salute to all of us and the country.

The NFL owners are as weak as congressional Republicans. Compromise is the domain of the weak. Take no prisoners and neither watch nor go to games.

10. ivehadit says:

College football is much better anyway. 😍 RTR.

11. MfM says:

What I’m seeing reading Philly area social media is 10 or less were showing up. That is the number I’ve seen dozens of times.

That is an enormous slap in the face to the President, the Office and the White House.

Trump just called their bluff.

• dutzie60 says:

And how gracious the MSM and their communist cohorts would have been when the embarrassingly puny group picture was released.
      I can just hear them now being so gracious in their 24/7 blaming of our POTUS. Screw ’em.

12. daughnworks247 says:

Warriors are more valuable to America than wide receivers.

13. Daniel says:

Oh those poor NFL players are just VICTIMS of systemic racism and implicit racism as well as unconscious racism. They are only paid millions of dollars instead of the billions they would get if we weren’t all so racist!

News flash, NFL protesters, the BLM is a dead organization and it died when Obama left office really. You will NOT likely get Soros funding once you have ended your NFL careers. So what, exactly are you throwing your careers into the trash for?

The truth is there are some bad cops but most are not. The truth is black lives are absolutely saved, especially innocent black lives, when police are present and doing their jobs. So police generally already agree that black lives matter. So what’s the point of all of this TODAY?

14. Pam says:

15. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Please forgive my repetitious post…. Dang, I love our President.

16. Pam says:

17. Texian says:

Roger Goodell is merely a leftist infiltrator destroying another American institution in their “culture war..”.

Although they lost the election, the infiltrators planted in various areas of government and institutions are proceeding with their plan as if they had won.. The only thing that it will result in is just another imploded industry. The demise of the NFL will not change anybody’s culture.. The fans will just move on to something else..

The coaches really need to do something if they want to save their brand..

18. billrla says:

Starbucks will be offering free “Consolation Lattes” to all member of the Eagles Championship Team who show up with a ticket-stub from the last Super Bowl. No purcahse necessary. Void wherever there’s an unlocked restroom.

19. What if anything have the players taking a knee accomplished?
    There have been no changes. They have tarnished their brand for nothing more than a handful of lies.
    Have the murders stopped in places like Chicago or Baltimore? Has any policy been put in place to stop any of the killings that go on in cities everyday?

Has drug use stopped or slowed down?
    Has anyone addressed the fact that 95% of all crimes against black people are committed by black males?

Have black neighborhoods become safer for people living there?
    What you have is nothing more that a protest that has gone on for almost 2 seasons that has no means of correcting any problems or making peoples lives any better.

But you have that hated guy in the WH that has been doing positive things for all Americans.
    He alone has made blacks and Hispanic lives better by lowering the unemployment rates for not just those groups but for everyone.
    He’s going after the drug dealers and the gang members that have caused the destruction of the inner city lives for years.

And one last thing while I’m on this rant.
    It’s not the person in the WH, its the office and the recognition that players and fans get for their team.
    That seems to be lost in all of this.
    Fans buy the seats, the hot dogs and beer. They also support their team with merchandise and shell out big bucks to make the team known to the world.
    And as crazy as that sounds to some, those fans are from all walks of life and from both sides of the political spectrum.

This to me is not about politics and should never be. This is about the fans and nothing more.
    One more way to get recognized as the best. Something that fans and players should welcome and be proud of.
    And I find it disgusting that players refuse to see that.

20. MfM says:

Trump met with Gold Star Families today. I wouldn’t be surprised if this has something to do with this decision.

21. Pam says:

• listingstarboard says:

I don’t believe that only 10 were going–I call BS

• dutzie60 says:

Have you heard or read a different report? Or do you have inside knowledge?

• MfM says:

It’s the number I’ve seen repeated dozens of times today in social media around Philly.

The White House would know because of security.

• Lulu says:

Why not? The NFL is openly progressive and anti-Trump, anti-America, and anti Trump voters. They hate you if you aren’t progressive. They’ll even tell you so if you pay attention.

We are in a cold civil war and the NFL has chosen and declared their side.

• Donna in Oregon says:

The NFL is crooked. Like Hillary only taller with more facial hair.

So who is protecting this crooked sport? Mega Corporations, billionaires and sport betting conglomerates. What could go wrong?

Yes, it is crooked. It’s gonna die just like boxing did.

• 1stgoblyn says:

You are correct, listing, it wasn’t only 10 players who wanted to go. IT WAS LESS THAN TEN and no one will say the exact number. A pox on them all.

22. Thank you, Mr. President. The Eagles can stick it where the sun don’t shine.

23. kea says:

Good!!!! Well done Mr. President. MAGA

24. Guffman says:

In full agreement. POTUS is not going to be publicly insulted by most of the team thumbing their nose at him.
    That’s why we love him – he doesn’t take $hit from anyone.

25. MfM says:

What is funny? This didn’t even rate a Tweet to cancel it! It was done through official channels like it was important, but Trump not Tweeting is actually a statement.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does Tweet about the event tomorrow or in response to something.

• rf121 says:

You were saying.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Just like him ignoring Eminem. Narcissists can’t stand being ignored.

26. Texian says:

When is the new United States Military Pride Parade? I want to see the United States Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force.. And their Armament.. And Flags.. And Tapestries.. And Torches..

• jello333 says:

And by that time, I expect Kim will be out from under his puppet-masters and will be hanging out here in the U.S. from time to time with Trump. So while he’s here, maybe he can train a few thousand of our soldiers to do that cool little high-stepping synchronized march the NK soldiers are known for. Maybe? No? Oh well, it was just a thought. 😉

27. Dazza says:

This guy is just incredible. I am inspired by him every day.
    I was going across the border into Washington State through the Peace Arch Crossing last week and listening to POTUS doing a speech. After the Border Agent did the formalities with a couple of questions on where I was going, I said to him:
    “I’m listening to your Commander-in-Chief. What a man, I am inspired by him every day”, to which I received a huge smile back and a loud “Right on!”.

It is a great time to be alive.

• fred5678 says:

Welcome!!!

Just 2 years ago I spent 45 minutes getting my car and luggage searched when entering Canada south of Vancouver, driving alone in my Saturn station wagon, with ski equipment. I told them they would be welcome to work on OUR southern border!!!!

Back in 1967 I flew my family in my own plane into St. Jean airport outside Montreal for Expo ’67. The customs guy barely looked in our plane, no luggage search, and suggested we stay at his sister-in-law’s house!!! He drove us there and we stayed 3 nights and became friends!!!

28. fred5678 says:

How about the NFL uses the same application form as the FAA now does for ATC controllers?

Tucker is on this issue almost daily — Obama’s FAA wanted a more diverse group of controllers — so race, ethnicity, gender, UNEMPLOYMENT, LOW SCORE ON SCIENCE, etc. count more than aptitude and experience. For instance:

low score on science counts more than high score on science (##3@@!!**!!!)

unemployed a few years recently — +10 points

already a pilot — +2 points

We do need more diversity in the NFL and NBA especially, right?? Why insist on meritocracy in sports if you don;t need it while guiding thousands of airplanes carrying millions of passengers at 500 MPH??

29. marinovibe says:

‘Fewer Than 10 Players Were Going’. Disrespect = Disinvited

30. Trey Dawg says:

I used to enjoy watching football, but now all I can see are a bunch of ungrateful aholz that hate the country playing with a ball. Its over for us NFL, sorry, but you lose.

31. Michelle says:

It is my understanding that the Eagles did not kneel during the season, but now we have suddenly jumped to this point. What happened in between? Did most players not want to come because they were protesting having to stand for the anthem?

• Joe Blow says:

You’re right—they were one of the few teams last year who did not kneel, however there were a couple of players who seemed to like raising their fist. I was well aware of their proclivities long before that, so it didn’t surprise me one bit.

This whole thing is extremely upsetting to me. I’ve been an Eagles fan my entire life. The only reason I did not completely cut off from them last year was because of the aforementioned, & also because a large number of the players are (supposedly) Christians & relied heavily on prayer. The franchise quarterback, Carson Wentz, is a wonderful young Christian man who as far as I can tell has had no part in this blatant disrespect. I know that he was definitely looking forward to going to the White House. The backup QB, Nick Foles, who was the one who actually led them to the championship, is very much the same kind of person.

The owner, Jeff Lurie, is a typical Hollywood liberal who used to produce B-grade movies. More recently he won some award for a documentary on “climate change”. There are a couple of players, Malcolm Jenkins & Chris Long in particular, who really seem to enjoy making a spectacle out of this behavior. And I don’t think I need to tell anyone here about the political makeup of the city of Philadelphia. My sense is that there were probably more players who would have gone, but caved to pressure. Regardless, this is no excuse.

I was initially hoping President Trump would not have even invited them, giving these people more of a soapbox to stand on. When he did & they accepted, I had hoped that perhaps they had decided it was more important to present the Christian values they had so often professed instead of being stompy-footed children protesting things about which they are clearly ignorant. Obviously I was wrong. I find what happened here to be disgraceful, but sadly unsurprising, & President Trump most definitely did the right thing. I would suggest that those calling themselves Christians who either refused to go initially or caved within the last few days heed Paul’s advice in 2 Corinthians 13:5.

I stand 100% with our President.

32. andyocoregon says:

I just heard on the local Fox TV channel that the P. Eagles celebration originally scheduled tomorrow afternoon wasn’t just cancelled due to the lack of player interest, although that’s a huge factor. The main factor was President Trump insisted everyone, including all the Eagles players and staff in attendance, would be required to stand for the playing of The National Anthem. They refused, so the President cancelled.

What a bunch of arrogant, self-entitled buttheads. WTH did they expect President Trump to do, back down for their selfish, worthless cause and allow them to kneel or sit in disrespect for our flag, anthem, veterans and active military people?

I was feeling sorry for the few players and coaches who RSVP’d the event, but certainly not now. I hope the team ends up in last place this coming season.

33. Swedishmeatball says:

The “SHADY NFL” strikes again!

Just an idea for the next NFL team that decides to do this to President Trump. President Trump should invite all the baby-mamas of the players of the team so they can get their voices heard so these a-holes start paying for their kids!!

Most of these guys that protest are lucky to be in the NFL. They barely made it into their 3rd year of college before declaring for the draft. And they took easy classes. Thank our colleges for being in on the ruinnation.

34. Hampshire says:

Every year, the NFL gives their former or irritated fans additional reasons not to watch a single NFL game including the playoffs. I actually didn’t need any more reasons but the politicized protesting NFL players continue to spin them out. It’s truly gratifying to be totally free of the habitual compulsion to watch an NFL football game. The former enjoyment of watching the best athletes play pro football has evaporated.

The feckless league and Commissioner Goodell, who just received a huge pay boost by the owners, tried to assuage the insatiable players concerns and to molly coddle them but it looks like the protesting players will not stop until the league loses enough fans to seriously damage or ruin the league. Their hopes are coming to fruition.

35. Pointman says:

The perfect response. You all respect the flag and the anthem, or don’t come at all. Some things you just don’t compromise on.

Pointman

36. Publius2016 says:

From the moment the Eagles won, everyone knew they were not going to the White House! Thankfully, we have President Trump who is forever conciliatory and yet, firm. Don’t like it…not a problem, buh bye.

37. As stated before, IF the protests these knuckleheads started was based on a true issue, people may have been more sympathetic, but they bought the msm lies and started this for a non issue.

As the great Larry Elder has pointed out, the real stats don’t back up the blm position that cops are worse to one person based on race than another. In point of fact it is the opposite.

Anything based on lies that gets this big looks foolish to those that know the truth.

38. Pat Frederick says:

This is very sad for me as the Eagles have been my team forever–and most years it had not been easy to watch them crash and burn. I was proud of them this past year for NOT participating in the anthem-kneeling–one of the few teams who did not have any incidents of that all year. Then this happens? smh

39. Aqua says:

Philadelphia’s Chief of Police, Richard Ross, and his entire force of police officers, deserve much better treatment, after all THEY did to ensure fans were safe going to every game, not to mention during the victory parade.

The brave men and women in blue keep the city safe, despite tremendous risk to themselves. There are lives lost–these should be recognized and honored much more than a bunch of greedy, petty football players.

The Eagles no longer represent Philadelphia in their disrespect for the city, the PD and the fans.

I am utterly disgusted.

• Jeff P. says:

Apparently the No Fans Left Eagles franchise found a way to Block the ‘Brotherly Love’ ya’ll’s city is so famous for. They found a way to turn it in to ‘National Hatred’ instead.
      Sad that what was once a respected institution is now a Laughing stock and a point of International Scorn upon All Americans. I think we as Americans should SUE the NFL for disrespecting our National Anthem and for the Embarrassment they are causing us as a Nation.
      Any Class action Attorneys reading that want to ‘kick this off’? (pun intended) make these jack asses pay for being Stupid!!!

40. John says:

I support President Trump! I have not watched the NFL for the last two years BECAUSE of the Anti-American attitude of it’s players! The NFL is not welcomed in my house as the Eagles are not welcomed at the White House!

41. hellinahandbasket says:

National Felon League Arrests:

42. Paint Chip says:

Well, since the Eagle is the national bird and they feel the need to disrespect the country, perhaps they should consider changing their mascot – I suggest “The City Chickens” (aka, the pigeons) – its a bird well know for crapping all over the place.

43. Mike diamond says:

NFL= no funds left,and no fans left, me and my house won’t watch the NFL,we’re done!

44. Jeff P. says:

I Thank God every day that President Donald J Trump is our President and not some wanna be “wicked witch of the west” old scag that wanted to Promote these No Fans Left losers and have them be her spokespeople AGAINST Law Enforcement.
    The NFL is DEAD! The only ones left watching are those who HAVE NO LIFE and are LOSERS!!!
    Every Patriotic American that I know of has moved on to greener pastures, (in many cases Literally) and found something a million times more rewarding than watching grown men run around in tight pants playing grab ass with each other for 4 hours. That could be anything from Watching grass grow to going to amusement parks with the family, ANYTHING but the failed, worthless, Trash known as the “No Fans Left” franchise and it’s failed participants.
    MAGA KAG

45. James W Crawford says:

I predict that the antipatriotic insanity of the NFL will continue until the players no longer have money to buy marijunna and cocaine. By that time it will be too late.

46. Ditch Mitch says:

Too funny. Eagles tried the latest leftest tact which is embarrass the president.

Varney, FBN just reported Eagles originally said they would send ~70 team members to the WH. Then asked to postpone till next week. Of course that was not gonna happen as PDJT has that insignificant (sarc) meeting with Kim Jung Un in Singapore. Eagles then said they would send, 2 players, owners AND mascot.

“Not gonna happen folks”

I bet the 2 the Eagles would have sent would be fist pumping and kneeling the whole time. When PDJT returns from Singapore he should invite the National Cow Chip Throwing Championship Team to the WH. Leave the mascot home.

47. Doug Amos says:

The NBA has a 35 year old rule that says players must stand for the anthem. Larry Obrien was the instigator. Kerr, Popovich, van Gundy and James have never heard of it apparently.

48. Hstry101 says:

The NFL “players” don’t get it. The President didn’t start this mess. Those of us who have earned your rights find the protest of NFL players unacceptable. We stand to acknowledge the sacrifices and service of our military, police officers, first responders and their families to make America a better place. . It’s simple: You Don’t Stand….We don’t attend or watch.