Earlier this afternoon President Donald Trump hosted 2017 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Martin Truex Jr. and the Furniture Row racing team at the White House:

WH South Lawn – 2:28 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT: Come on up here. A lot of courage, driving those cars. A lot of courage. Good afternoon. Today, I’m thrilled to welcome the 2017 NASCAR Champion, Martin Truex Jr. That is fantastic. (Applause.) And, Sherry, thank you. But I’m going to be mentioning you in a little while, Sherry. Thank you very much. And the entire Furniture Row Racing Team to the White House. Thank you, Furniture Row. (Applause.) Thank you. Great job.

Martin, I have to say, your car looks truly amazing. In fact, I want to get in that thing and just drive it right away. Do you mind? (Laughter.)

MR. TRUEX JR: No. (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: But it is. It’s beautiful. It’s incredible.

I want to thank Secretary Steven Mnuchin — thank you, Steve; Deputy HHS Secretary Eric Hargan; and the VA nominee Robert Wilkie, who is going to do an incredible job at the VA with our veterans. Thank you. Thank you, Robert, for joining us at today’s event. (Applause.)

I also want to recognize the many great members of Congress here today. We have a lot of them. But I see, in front of us, is Richard Burr — Senator Richard Burr. And, Richard — hi, Richard. You know these people very well from North Carolina, I’ll tell you that. (Applause.)

Jim Risch. Jim. Hi, Jim. Thank you. Great lawyer. Joni Ernst from a very wonderful state. You know the state? Called Iowa. (Laughter.) You don’t win Iowa, you got a problem. Right, Joni? (Laughter.) Got a big problem.

Also Representatives Jim Banks, Andy Barr, Mike Burgess, Rodney Davis, Ron DeSantis. Where’s Ron DeSantis? He’s always helping me on television. He’s so great. Thank you, Ron. Tom Garrett, Paul Gosar, Glenn Grothman, Richard Hudson — Richard, thank you. David Kustoff, Doug LaMalfa, Patrick McHenry. Where’s Patrick? Patrick McHenry. I always say, he’s got the greatest name in politics. The great Patrick McHenry. Thank you, Patrick. Markwayne Mullin, Rob Pittenger, Bill Posey, David Rouzer, John Rutherford. Where’s John? John Rutherford. Thank you, John. Claudia Tenney, Kevin Yoder, and Lee Zeldin. Thank you. Thank you, Lee.

My good friend Brian France is here. He is doing a fantastic job. I’ve had him as my friend for a long time, Martin. You wouldn’t believe that. Right? Different sides, different states, slightly. But we liked each other right from the beginning. Brian. Where’s Brian? Brian, thank you very much for being here. Congratulations, too, on everything that’s happened.

Brian is the Chairman and CEO of NASCAR. And Brian has been with us since the beginning, like so many others who love NASCAR. And he’s been, really, a supporter right from the beginning. He said, “We support Trump.” And so I want to thank you very much, Brian. That was incredible. That meant a lot. Thank you. (Applause.)

Martin, I want to congratulate you — team president Joe Garony. Where’s Joe? Joe Garony. Crew Chief Cole Pearn — Chief, pretty tough job, right? How do you change those tires so fast, Chief, huh? (Laughter.) Are you born with that talent or can you learn it, or sort of both, right? If you don’t have it, forget it. Right? Great job. I watched that. It’s pretty amazing. And all of the crewmembers who brought this team to NASCAR Championship, and what they did was truly incredible. It was an incredible season. Just incredible.

The entire NASCAR field spent 2017 chasing 78. I’ll tell you, they chased him. I’d be watching; they’re always chasing you. You won eight races, including four wins in the NASCAR Playoffs. Throughout the season, you earned 19 top 5 finishes and led more than 2,000 laps. Does it get lonely being in front?

MR. TRUEX JR: No.

THE PRESIDENT: Not at all. Never, right? (Laughter.)

MR. TRUEX JR: It’s great.

THE PRESIDENT: I had a feeling he might say that, folks.

Thanks to incredible speed, lightning fast pit stops, and exceptional driving, this team stood alone among NASCARs many contenders.

Despite the 78 teams success, the 2017 season was not without challenge or heartache. Team owner Barney Visser, who could not be here today, had health issues that kept him away from the track during the last weeks of the season. And Barney is a fantastic guy.

And sadly, crewmember Jim Wildman Watson passed away just before the critical race at Kansas Speedway. With your hearts broken over the loss of a teammate, Martin, you and the guys rallied and won the race. They won it for Jim. And today, Jim is up there, right up there. And he’s looking down at you. And he’s very proud. Very proud. So that’s incredible. Incredible story. (Applause.)

I also want to take a moment to recognize the amazing Sherry Pollex. She is the love of Martins life. Sherry. Beautiful. Thank you. (Applause.)

As many of you know, Sherry has bravely battled ovarian cancer. She is an incredible woman. And, Sherry, your determination in the face of adversity has been an inspiration to millions of Americans who know what you’re going through.

You have endured extremely tough treatments with grace, and grit, and a tremendous and beautiful smile. You are Sherry strong. We’re praying for you, and we are deeply honored to have you here today. And Martin, I can tell you, is so proud of you. Thank you very much, Sherry. Thank you, (inaudible). (Applause.)

This incredible NASCAR team bonded through tragedy, drew closer together, and willed themselves on to the title. The motto was, Never give up. I’ve heard that motto before. That’s a great motto. You don’t lose with that motto.

Never giving up is the story of 78 team. It’s a story that will forever be told in NASCAR and NASCARs incredible history with this team.

As many of you know, NASCAR grew from the back roads of Americas South and the bright shores of Daytona Beach — incredible place — to become one of the worlds premier and most beloved sports. I love it. People love that sport.

Built by names like Allison, Earnhardt, Petty, Pearson, Waltrip, this lively sport reflects our national spirit and our can-do attitude. At every NASCAR race, you will see thousands of patriotic Americans, from the grandstands to the pit stalls, proudly waving our flag and roaring with joy at the words, “Start your engines.” (Applause.)

And I will tell you, one thing I know about NASCAR, they do indeed, Brian, stand for the playing of the National Anthem. Right? (Applause.) They do indeed. Somebody said, “Maybe you shouldn’t say that. That will be controversial.” I said, “That’s okay. NASCAR is not going to mind it at all.” Right, fellas? (Laughter.) They don’t mind it at all.

Fast cars, burnt rubber, and great NASCAR champions thrill the American heart and excite the American soul. It’s true. A lot of courage. And so, it is truly fitting that we celebrate NASCARs 2017 champions here today at the White House. It’s called the Peoples House.

Congratulations again to these great, great champions, and to all of NASCAR on yet another incredible season.

And with that, I am pleased to welcome to the podium the 2017 NASCAR Champion, driver of the number 78, Martin Truex Jr. Congratulations, Martin. That’s really great. Congratulations. Fantastic job.

MR. TRUEX JR: I’m going to keep this short. But what an honor to be here today. Thank you, Mr. President, for having us, for having our whole entire team to represent the sport of NASCAR. My good buddy, Johnny Morris, from Bass Pro Shops, that has been a big part of my career to get me here.

But just really proud to be here today to represent the sport, to represent our millions of fans out there across the world. And I brought you a special gift I’d like to present right now. So this is a replica of the exact helmet I wore, which is a very special helmet to me, with a special paint job, with some special moments from our team, Sherry and I together, and some of the great accomplishments we had together.

THE PRESIDENT: That’s beautiful. Thank you. (Applause.)

MR. TRUEX JR: For you. Thank you very much.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Let’s get a picture. Come on, Sherry. Thank you, darling. Thank you.

MR. TRUEX JR: Thank you so much. What an honor.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you everybody. It’s been just a great honor. I’m a big fan. And, Martin, this is beautiful. And maybe if the team and the team members could come up, and we’ll get a big picture up here. The crew, come on up. Come on. Come on up. That’s beautiful. Bass Pro Shops. (Applause.)

That’s great. Thank you everybody. Thank you. Thank you very much. Let’s get a picture.

END 2:38 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to President Trump Hosts 2017 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Martin Truex Jr. and Team…

1. Everywhereguy says:

VROOOOM!!!!!!!

2. FL_GUY says:

President Trump is an amazing man. With all the dangerous and heavy things he’s having to deal literally every hour to hold the USA together as well as working for world peace, he still makes time to do nice things for We the People. President Trump is truly a Man of the People; returning to the tradition of government that the founders of this great country intended.

• The Boss says:

I was impressed with how relaxed President Trump was at this event, knowing that right after he was heading into a BIG meeting with RR, Wray, Coates, Kelly, McGhan and who knows who else. THIS is confidence and competence. Something lacking in the White House this entire millenium, and lacking in Congress even longer.

3. Mncpo(ret) says:

Really an all American Sport. We like to go fast, take chances, that’s just American. Congrats guys, you had a tough year and came out on top.

4. wendy forward says:

I love it.

I was a major f*in’ NASCAR retard, not so much these days, but I’ve always liked Martin Truex, Jr. I remember when he was driving for DEI, and now here he is. He looks really good BTW. What an accomplishment, beating so many good drivers.

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“one thing I know about NASCAR, they do indeed, Brian, stand for the playing of the National Anthem.”

You will not find anyone “taking a knee” at a NASCAR race. If some smart-alack SJW ever tried, they might wind up with broken knees or dislocated shoulders (from being yanked back up on their feet).
    Saw the NASCAR road race at Watkins Glen, NY in Aug. 2007. What a 3 day party!

• MontanaMel says:

One simple question takes care of all that crap:
      DO you have a death wish?

And…at NASCAR, “anyone” in the pits or stands or parking lot or john can administer that question…..and, any required education on the spot!…

Check-6

PS: Deplorable_Infidel … for a real rush…get one of the Indy car/IRL teams to sign you up for an “overpass”…. allows you into the hot pits, just don’t cross the wall without a helmet and fire suit…nothing like the smell of HOT in the pits!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“a helmet and fire suit”

I think i will pass on going that far.

I had to qualify for my 40 hour EPA Personal Protection and Safety certification (when we did the Level 1 HAZMAT (moon) suits on a 93 degree day in Albany, NY.

Your clothing was pretty much drenched in perspiration after several minutes. A 30-45 minute stint in one of those was good for losing several pounds of water.

• Gary says:

Initiation into our family (spouses) back in the day was to bring them to turn one at Flemington Speedway (sprints on dirt) and watch the dirt fly. Indy….it’s a way of life for some!!!!!!

Leaving tomorrow!

• KBR says:

NASCAR says, you take a knee, we’ll take out your knees.
      Got wrenches?

6. tav144 says:

Ok.
    So why is he giving such sweet nothings to Richard Burr, of all people?

• KBR says:

Why did he say “but, he’s a nice guy” during campaign season to the ones slammed, gave names?
      It is a NY thing. KIss of death like thing. IMO?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“giving such sweet nothings to Richard Burr”

Titus 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
      Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

7. w5ovf says:

” Martin Truex, Jr. I remember when he was driving for DEI, and now here he is. ”
    Remember that ‘skill’ requires both understanding and relentless ‘practice’, to develop such ‘skill’!.
    P45 employs those demonstrating “skill” in each\every endeavour!!!

8. woohoowee says:

It’s called the People’s House.

It’s true 🙂 Thank you President Trump 45 and First Lady Melania.

9. Mia C says:

That was great. So was this before or after the Rosenstein meeting? I’m all wound up. All I want is news about Trump’s next move.

10. KBR says:

Top photo.
    Anybody have a guess as to what the three guys closest to the car are looking at—on the sidewalk!—when the photo is being taken?

11. fleporeblog says:

The young man, Scott Presler, was at this event at the White House! On Twitter he is #ThePersistence.

I am so happy for him. They kid works his a$$ off each and everyday for our President and Republicans.

You can find him on a street corner in VA holding up these signs daily.

12. LOL Brian France didn’t even shake hands with Truex during the Championship Awards. And Turex doesn’t speak to Brian France, ever. “They ain’t nothing like feuding and fussing and fighting!”

I’m proud of Truex’s accomplishments though. He went through hell while Sherry was in treatment for cancer.
    Of course my Cup Champions, Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knause, have 7 Championships all together. 😉

13. This is the second time today the traitor Senator Burr has been at an event with our President. This must be his way to impress his constituents, whom he could care less about, and look like a normal human being.

14. jbrickley says:

The man knows his audience, no one can doubt that.

15. olderthanuthink says:

I’ve been a MTJr fan since he drove for Dale Jr/Chance2 in the Busch Series – where he won 2 consecutive Championships. He’s had a long, rough road to travel since then – but he’s persevered, with a team that has overcome great odds, as well. A match made in heaven.
    I was so thrilled when “Little Martin” finally won the Cup Championship last season. It was a LONG time coming! But today…seeing him with our great President…looking so handsome and happy…my heart nearly burst with pride. Martin is a great ambassador for NASCAR – even though there are so-called fans right now who are criticizing him for even accepting the invitation to the White House. I guess they just don’t get it. I’m just glad that Martin does.

16. Gary says:

Congrats “Jersey Boy”….we’re proud of you!

17. 4sure says:

NASCAR. The only professional sport I even pay attention to now. Grew up watching David Pearson, Ralph Earnhardt, Ned Jarrett, Lee Petty race on half mile dirt tracks in NC/SC. The only blue collar sport left today and the drivers and fans are kick ass patriots.