Too Much Winning – Democrats Pin Hopes On Bloomberg Travel Fail…

::with Russian voice:: Comrades, we are almost winning too much.  Almost.  While we recruit Comrade Kanye West to our mission, American narrative engineers pinned remaining hopes on Comrade Trump 2013 visit to mother Moscow; and with visit to beautiful city for beautiful women of Universe pageant.

But seriously, if anyone paid attention to the latest hopes of the #Resistance, their cause du jour circled around discovering proof for the vast Russian conspiracy/collusion narrative through Bloomberg purchasing flight logs to determine validity to Clinton-Steele Dossier.  [More on that below] The effort is so pathetic it would be laughable if Trump Derangement Syndrome wasn’t actually a real thing.

While the Moonbats are chasing red flight dots… the Trump administration leveraged Rand Paul to bend the knee on confirming Mike Pompeo for Secretary of State; and the larger Senate ‘Resist-We-Much’ movement collapsed along with him… Even Corker (insert loud Russian laughter here).

Meanwhile, POTUS Trump sends DAG Rod Rosenstein a magnificent set of Presidential Cufflinks for his first ever appearance before the U.S. Supreme Court.  Apparently, comrade Rosenstein’s fears of dismissal were greatly exaggerated by American Pravda, or something….  No, seriously, Mr. Rosenstein is a happy camper and the deconstruction of the professional political deep state continues unabated.  Moar, winning.

… And if that’s not enough to drive the Moonbats to absurd levels of visible nuttery….

French President Emmanuel Macron and Bridget Macron arrive for a wonderful State Visit with President Trump and First-Lady Melania Trump and things are going swimmingly…  Yes, France on team Trump.  Liberals are going bananas.

President Macron brings with him a gift, offering to President Donald Trump and the American people an oak sapling taken from Bellau Wood, about 60 miles northeast of Paris in the Champagne region. The site is where a famous World War One battle took place, where the U.S. Marine Corps repelled a German offensive in the final year of the conflict almost exactly a century ago.

The sapling grew close to the so-called “Devil Dog” fountain, a spot that has become legendary within Marines ranks. It is where U.S. soldiers are said to have gathered after the battle. The “dog” in the fountain’s name refers to its spout, which resembles the head of a bull mastiff. But the nickname also stems from the German moniker “Teufelhunden”, or “devil dogs”. That term is said to have been used by the Germans to describe the U.S. Marines due to the ferocity with which the Americans fought.

As a consequence, “Devil Dog” soon became a common nickname for U.S. Marines.  President Trump and President Macron planted the sapling on the South Lawn just prior to departing for dinner at Mount Vernon with Melania and Bridget.

Cool stuff.

Now, about that Bloomberg nonsense.

Whoopsie.  Apparently Narrative Engineers (ie. Moonbat journalists) favor Arts and Humanities over STEM and Math studies…

Oh, wait… they updated:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

352 Responses to Too Much Winning – Democrats Pin Hopes On Bloomberg Travel Fail…

1. Kristin says:

Sundance!!! You the BEST!! What a funny read.
    Also love the comments. A great bunch here!!

• JonMaxwell says:

Anyone else notice that if a plane flew to Asheville it sure the heck is not flying to Moscow thats a regional Airport the next closets int airport is Charlotte?

• piper567 says:

Again, that baby’s expression perfectly reflects my, yes, feelings.
        Bravo, sundance. for our endless diligence and efforts for the Greater Good!

2. ristvan says:

About the Presidential cufflinks presented to Rosenstein by Trump and pictured by Sundance just a day before Rosenstein argues at SCOTUS on behalf of the US— a HUGE gesture by Trump. IMO, this gesture changes the landscape bigly. Explained perhaps poorly but definitely emotionally by way of a very personal lurking lawyer story previously known only to my direct family.

In the late 1990’s, I got recruited as a very senior Motorola exec to speak to ‘continuing legal education’ sessions of the ABA Appellate bar subgroup—basically State supremes plus federal Appellate judges. A great honor (and as if they needed continuing legal education—ah, bureaucracy). I tried but failed to get MOT’s general counsel to join me. He chickened out. I was challenging these very senior judges about future technical legal things like venue and jurisdiction in the cell phone/internet era that was coming—a contemporary example is whether Amazon must collect state sales taxes, just argued at Scotus last Friday. Apparently I was a hit despite offering only provacative questions about the probable future, not any legal answers.

So, after the several ABA CLE sessions where I was an ‘educator’, the Appellate Judiciary ABA section held a celebratory dinner in the Great Hall of the SCOTUS building in DC. The Great Hall is the columned corridor just outside the SCOTUS hearing chamber. Dinner catered by the same Navy cooks that serve the WH state dinners (so we were told.)

The ABA SCOTUS Great Hall dinner host was Supreme Justice Clarence Thomas, whom I had previously met twice coincidentally on airplanes as a seatmate, and also once on business while he was then EEOC head. Imagine my shock when after dessert he called on me by name to come forward, and then presented me with a set of 18 carat gold SCOTUS cufflinks—in the Great Hall, surrounded by State Supremes and Federal Appellate Justices. The honor of my life.
    I just went and held them again in remembrance before posting this very personal note to total strangers but also fellow travellers at CTH. Good things are coming. Trump’s cuff link gift to Rosenstein seals the deal for those now in the know. What a significant gesture!!!

• Ad rem says:

Your comment was mistakenly sent to the bin…. 😦

• formerdem says:

what an amazing story!!

• Mickey Wasp says:

Well, just the other day you were questioning DAG Rod Rosenstein and AG Jefferson Sessions temperament and quality of progression within the judicial system and their workings of the DOJ.
      Is this a ‘mea culpa’ or just a grandiosity spectacle comment…

• ristvan says:

MW, don’t think your assertions about my past here expressed views are correct. For one thing, I have seldom (to quote Gilbert and Sullivan, Almost Never) expressed any personal views here, just have pointed to background law stuff to further a grounded conversation. So, provide links or slink away.
        In the colloquial, put up or shut up.

• Mickey Wasp says:

It will take me some time. But, is it necessary.?
          I can go back to comments you made pertaining to Rosenstein and Sessions ability to process and perform the rule of law. You say, “seldom expressed personal views here, just have pointed to background” that alone is a summation of your choice to their actions and thought of your interpretation of law, that you “ALMOST NEVER” do.

I’m not saying you’re a bad dude and think it rather cool that you had a moment in life you are extraordinarily proud of and wish to share. But, the legalese speak is not hard for most Treepers to work around.

• Brickman45 says:

Ristvan, hold my beer. Mickey Wasp you sound like a whiney b*tch.

• Mickey Wasp says:

Either you’re in on you’re out on MAGA and PDJT’s agenda. ‘ristvan’ has made statements of deceptive fence riding and I called him on it. Oh well, and I simply asked if it was a ‘mea culpa’ moment or a ‘look at me’ grandiosity.
              I bet – you Brickman, nor ristvan can name the case that Rosenstein is arguing before the Supreme Court – why is that you are both limited in that knowledge.? Why is it that ‘ristvan’ does not acknowledge the reason for Rosenstein being presented Cuff Links from the President…
              So, Brickman45 you should hang on to your beer and drink it.

• Newt Love says:

PDJT is the MASTER of negotiation. He knows how to keep the ones that he’s negotiating with in a complete state of confusion.

Julius Caesar was completely unaware of Marcus Brutus’ knife until it was in his back.

So PDJT gave Presidential Commemorative Cuff links to Rosenstain? It’s psychological warfare.

• Mickey Wasp says:

Do you even know the case in which Rosenstein is arguing before the Supreme Court? And the background, of said case.? This is not a “Caesar vs Brutus” moment. This is Rosenstein arguing the inability of reduction or changing of sentences of criminals. A case RR has been working on and PDJT is giving him prayers (cuff links) of confidence.

• BestBets says:

When I first read about the cuff links, I thought it was a going away gift to Rosie. He’s going to do the SCOTUS thing and then ride off into the sunset of his own volition. Well, it would look like that but more likely PT told Rosie that he should take one of those offers to work at a big time law firm and bow out of the DAG gracefully. Maybe Herr Mueller’s firm is hiring? 😄

• Steve 2A III% says:

BestBets
            I am very interested in the WHY of Rosie’s hiatus from the seat of power (DAG) while Sessions seems to be in the federal witness protection program. (although I was defending Sessions from other hardcore bashers before I started visiting here). I speculated (and still do) that Jeff is busy cooking up a 5 course dinner of whoop ass and many of us are waiting for the dinner bell to ring. From what worthwhile info I extract from the media buzz and from this site, I am still hoping that is the explanation for such seemingly uncharacteristic behavior on the part of Sessions and his appearance of “inaction”.
            Anyway, I have been a vocal critic of Rosie, referring to him as a “co-conspiring rodent” with the seditious TRAITORS in DOJ/FBI/FISC/”intelligence agencies”
            I REALLY want to know what the meaning behind this move of Rosenstein to this SCOTUS case is-really is.

• ristvan says:

Late return. Rosenstein himself said he wanted to continue the feel of practicing law, not just administrating. He was the longest serving US District Attorney before Trump appointed him as AAG. He asked for this case (normally the Solicitor General would argue) as soon as it was scheduled by SCOTUS. Almost a year ago. Highly technical appellate circuit split on reduced sentancing guidelines and fed district judge need to explain their decisions. Actual case is a meth dealer who fell under the new congressional reduced sentancing guidelines but did not get a full reduction and judge did not in writing explain why.
              None of that is relevant to POTUS giving him POTUS cufflinks to wear during his first (and maybe only) ever SCOTUS oral on behalf of the USA. Trump’s gesture to RR is just overwhelmingly enormous to me, as I tried to explain. To show how much this meant to RR, his wife and two daughters attended the oral argument and then they posed for a family portrait on the SCOTUS entry steps afterwards. Google will quickly find the picture. That is the hallmark of an honest craftsman (after all, lawyering is, as Lincoln observed, just another craft trade).

• theresanne says:

WOW, what an amazing story! Thank you for sharing.

• Payday says:

So RR really is a white hat?

• Mickey Wasp says:

ristvan – will never answer that, he is a lawyer – a lurking lawyer – does that tell you what you want to know.? If – IF – he has the wherewithal to answer it will be in legalese speak as he does when he comments. Never a definitive answer of Yea or Nay, always the depends…….

• Payday says:

Thx for your comment. I’m still trying to figure out what’s going on, but for some reason I’m feeling a sense of peace I don’t quite understand.

The question from “Payday” is:
          > “So RR really is a white hat?”

You, MW, injected:
          > “ristvan – will never answer that…”

“ristvan” is not required to answer that, and your petty response is proof of the smallness of your vendetta against “ristvan” which is really inappropriate.

We Treepers are all conservatives. We need to never tear each other down over tiny differences of opinions.

We never want the Leftist Commies to divide and conquer us.

We need to draw together in our similarities, and then drive the wicked Leftists from the land!

Give it a rest, MW, and let who ever wants to answer a post answer it.

• jahealy says:

^^This. Thank you.

• Mickey Wasp says:

Certainly ‘ristvan’ is not required to do anything, nor are you Newt Love. Yet, as is posted… Payday asks “Is RR a white hat” – and we still await ‘ristvan’ answer… Showing it is not a petty response, it is a truthful response.
            The truthful response was – you ain’t getting one… as of now – time it.

You really have some self-righteous indignation going on there Newt.

• Apollo says:

Well said! I am tired of the tearing down, petty vindictiveness, and “crow”-oriented comments.

There’s plenty of room on the Trump Train. And we’re gonna need every last one aboard for the midterms, and 2020 too!

#MAGA

• uvaldegirl says:

100% . And whatever ristvan may have posted, we are all moving along on the Trump Train, moving at lightspeed….Don’t mind the occasional bumps.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

Funny… are you talking about me and survey questions??

‘Never a definitive answer of Yea or Nay, always the depends…….’

My answers ALWAYS are ‘depends’ and I’m not a lawyer nor do I play one in tv. Hmmmm 😏

• Kris says:

I am leaning that way.It seems the release of the Comey memos were not foot dragging,but strategy.Perfect timing to juxtapose Comey’s own words on his book tour.

• quintrillion says:

That photo of Cuff links set off wonderful memories. Congratulations on the gift and glad you still have the cuff links and the memories they hold. Thanks for sharing that experience too.

• Newt Love says:

Thank you for walking in your own footsteps, and not rejecting destiny like “MOT’s general counsel” who shirked the opportunity.

To paraphrase The Bible:
      Count it a great thing to be called in to give testimony to the great leaders of your time. Give them honest answers and wise council, and in everything you do, be a witness to the great hope that lies in you.

Clarence Thomas and others honored you for being worthy of the footsteps in which you trod: your destiny.

The highest compliment that we Lakota people have is “You are a True Human Being.” By that we mean, given the situations in your life, you chose honor, and did the best you could.

I honor you as a True Human Being.

• Sandra-VA says:

What a wonderful story, Ristvan! Thank you for sharing a special moment.

Treepers really are amazing people 😀

• Lovely and inspiring story. Ristvan, I search for your posts – you are an island of sanity on Treehouse.
      I have faith in RR’s integrity, I believe he is trying valiantly to follow the Rules of Professional Responsibility (one of my least favorite courses) while serving all Americans. He belongs on the list of unsung heros, with Rodgers, Preistep, Huber and Nunes. IMHO, of course.

• LM says:

Thank you Ristvan. It is an honor to share such a treasured memory with you.

• Deb says:

Wow, what a great story! Thank you for sharing your knowledge, then and now.

• noswamp says:

Great story ristvan, and congratulations. You sound like an upstanding person.

• maiingankwe says:

Ristvan,
      What an amazing experience to share with all of us here, and I am thankful you did. I love hearing personal stories that relate or have a link to what is going on. I cannot imagine the happiness it brings you when you put them on for special occasions, and it must be pretty humbling to know that so many greats stood before you and with you in receiving this high honor.

I hope you will take the time to write all of your memories down of this historical weekend and to pass it on with the cuff-links after you cross over. The next person to wear them in your honor will know and understand the history and what it meant to you. I cannot imagine anything better than that.
      Be well, and congratulations!
      Ma’iingankwe

• Bruce Fauth says:

Still can’t grasp how this jives with RR allowing the total abdication of 4th Amendment vis a vis the Cohen raid.

• dayallaxeded says:

Wow! Just wow! Amazing honor! I think of all the current SCOTUS Justices I’d like to have a beer with, CT tops the list. He weathered such a shiite storm for throwing off Demonrat/perpetual victim chains and being true to the Constitution and laws of this nation and to his own honor!

3. Texian says:

It was the eclipse.. And we are now entering deeper into the flux of the main gravitational field in this exceptional round of cyclic planetary alignment ecliptical territory.. deep flux TDS territory..

4. TheLastDemocrat says:

Arts and Humanities over STEM:

Here is what I heard the other day: We need to address STREAM. STEM has been updated. It was updated to STEAM: A for Arts. Now, they have added R for Riting. I am not making this up. I was in a press-release meeting, and this was mentioned at question time.

5. TheLastDemocrat says:

So, what we have here seems to be:

Everyone was totally sure that Trump and some Russians collaborated to overthrow the U.S. election. They have been totally sure for over a year and a half.

But just yesterday, Bloomberg finally figured out the only, single, solitary piece of evidence to even give a hint of this belief.

After well over a year, when eveyone has been totally sure, they finally had a piece of evidence.

But it turns out that piece of evidence fell through.

So, no evidence. But, still absolute assurance that Trump and some Russians collaborated to rig the U.S. election.

OK, got it.

• FofBW says:

That is gas-lighting 101 in action.

• Bruce Fauth says:

Exactly. And let them try to square that collusion with how much Trump is putting the hurts to Russia in regards to Syria, oil flow, etc etc etc. It just doesn’t add up.

• WES says:

Mother Russia let Bloomberg down!

• Newt Love says:

Bloomberg will claim that the ticket was purchased for an alias.
      That would require a PASSPORT in the alias’ name.
      Bloomberg screams “Conspiracy!”

Next we will hear that PDJT had his State Department fabricate false passports for Cohen and Manafort, and then send them back in time (via Einstein Express [When it absolutely has to be there last week (or two years ago)] to Cohen and Manafort, for them to use to make the Russian and Ukraine trips when they (allegedly) did, but there is no record of it.

The (D) Party Donkeys will believe it.
      The rest of America? Not so much!

• Jedi9 says:

I call Bloomberg Mr. Butthurt Big! The guy is probably one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet! He is anti gun yet he spends a fortune on his personal armed security detail. Really pathetic! It just goes to show how elites like him are so out of touch with the rest of the world!

• Bert Darrell says:

Let’s look at the positive aspects of the Bloomberg embarrassingly stupid article. They paid for the arrival/departure data, thus helping the data-storage company make a few bucks. Bunch of idiots (Bloomberg minions and fake news journOlists in general).

• Deb says:

The left always start with a conclusion and then cherry pick and misrepresent facts to back up there assumptions. They never simply gather facts and see where they lead.

This is why they are so terrible at “investigative reporting.” They have no idea how to investigate or analyze anything.

6. Bendix says:

I’m thinking that it’s so much easier today to figure things like time differences, because there is this thing called a “computer”, and it will compute things for you.
    In the olden days, you had to have the proper reference handy, and sometimes you had to calculate, or as Jethro used to say, cipher the difference yourself.
    How is it that people who have grown up with these machines do not understand these things?
    BTW, I don’t know whose idea it was for Macron to bring that tree, but kudos to that person and kudos to the Macrons for their gift to America.
    It brings tears to my eyes.
    Notice how careful President Trump got when handling dirt.

• Ad rem says:

Fetched you from the bin Bendix…. 😦

• rogerdat says:

remembrance of all the men who, 100 years ago, answered their nation’s call…………wasn’t it Belleau Wood were the Marine answered ” retreat hell…………we just got here “

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“bring that tree, ”

I wonder if it had to be inspected for pests by the Ag. Dept., or did it come over in a big diplomatic pouch?

• OmegaManBlue says:

It was a good gift since a old tree was recently removed from the property.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

That tree was indeed a very nice touch by the visiting Macrons. The French have a knack for giving very fine/touching gifts to America.

And I was so proud of my alpha male POTUS in the way he handled the shovel and dirt. This wasn’t his first blade full of dirt he’s moved.

I love this man more and more every day. 💕💖

God bless you, Mr President and your gracious, beautiful wife as well. 🌸🌷

7. zooamerica says:

The Berlin Wall of the East is crumbling, the War that never ended is soon to be over between North and South. Saudi Arabia and Israel are now great friends. China wants no part in any trade war, and NAFTA will soon be terminated – giving Republicans a huge boost heading in to the midterms. Killing NAFTA will be the biggest reason why Trump voters go out and vote this November.

I forgot to mention the ultimate exposure of the biggest political scandal in American history.

Also known as the Apocalypse to Democrats.

A great revelation is coming.

8. snellvillebob says:

The real news is the Russians seem to have a time machine and they are not afraid to use it.

9. zooamerica says:

Comrade Horowitz will cause many to drink much vodka…

zooamerica posted:
      > “Comrade Horowitz will cause many to drink much vodka…”

And Horowitz will cause many Treepers and Deplorables to drink much Champagne and eat lots of popcorn!

10. WSB says:

Side-splitting…’engineers’, they are not!!!!!!

11. Convert says:

Sundance– GREATEST SMACKDOWN EVER. BWAAHAA. I applaud you! These idiots continue to embarrass themselves to the max!

12. And these are the “smart” people?

13. Great read and put a smile on my ugly mug.

14. Brian Baker says:

Wait, what. Did Trump just try to BRIBE Rosenstein with those cufflinks? Isn’t that, like, some kind of FELONY or at least a violation of a hundreds year old Act that prohibits a President from doing stuff?!?

15. covfefe999 says:

If the Bombardier flew non-stop, and its advertised range indicates that it can indeed make that trip non-stop, then Trump might have landed in Moscow around 2:15pm Nov 8. Let’s say he arrived at the hotel at 3:15pm. Bloomberg says that evening he dined at Nobu and attended a birthday party. The next day, Saturday Nov 10, he was busy all day with pageant activities. The pageant after party began at 1am Sunday Nov 11. A guest at the party told The Guardian that Trump was still there at 2am. The jet Trump used departed Moscow at 3:58am.

So Trump probably did stay overnight in Moscow the night of Friday Nov 9 but it doesn’t mean he slept there. He probably slept during the flight to Moscow and for that reason and the 7 hour time difference wouldn’t have wanted to sleep during Moscow’s night., His entire Saturday was full of events, he might very well have been preparing for those events.

As usual, Democrats grasping at straws.

But this is why Trump should refuse to talk to Mueller. It’s too easy to get tripped up on times and dates on international trips. And seeing how the Dems are all foaming at the mouth right now because it looks like Trump really did spend a night in Moscow, well, any discrepancy under oath is sure to cause them some serious splodey heads. 🙂

• Ad rem says:

Da bin…. 😦

• Newt Love says:

“Ad Rem,” If they can repair the $6M Man, back in the 1970s, why can’t you get your filters fixed to allow Treepers’ posts to get through.

I consult for $85 an hour, and can help you with that problem.

• Dixie says:

It’s not CTH’s problem. It’s WP who controls the levers which sidetrack comments to the spam bin, sometimes over a word they don’t like……like p r o v e r b s.

Ad Rem, if I didn’t change that enough so it gets through, don’t bother to dig me out of the spam bin. It ain’t worth it.

• piper567 says:

Dixie,
            I don’t know why people rag on CTH or AdRem for these occurrences…its been explained many times how it is WP which kicks our stuff out.
            Your example of a certain word is one it took me a while to figure out, but it can be done.
            In the case of that one reference, AdRem explained the issue, which was The Clue.

• covfefe999 says:

Thanks for fishing me out. 🙂

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

I see my post in response to Bendix’s 8:47 post missing too. I wonder what the trigger words are that put a post in ‘the bin’.

16. Michelle says:

It’s dumb that Bloomberg is so obsessed that they would look into the flight logs but on the other hand, we could have nipped this dossier allegation in the bud last year if someone has investigated the timeline.

• thedoc00 says:

Bloomberg, CNBC and CNN Business are still miffed at the fact they were actually out of synch with their news counterparts during the elections for 3-4 months, actually supporting Trump’s positions about growth vs continuation of Obama’s disastrous policy, although they still did not like Trump. Then in October, somebody pulled their chain and they went full bore predicting disaster if Trump won….they were wrong again. They never miss a chance to spin positive to bad, ignore good if no spin is possible and report all negative news possible.

Bloomberg, CNN and NBC are the axis of media evil, in news and business reporting.

17. theresanne says:

They forgot to account for the differences in time zones. What a hoot! As a person always living in tomorrow (just west of the dateline) I understand their confusion, LOL~

18. Ziiggii says:

AND we have loved being called “crazy” ever since!

Just think about a “Mad” Devil Dog? There is a reason why Mattis got that name…

19. Anonymous says:

The time zone confusion is funny. And it’s sad that Bloomberg couldn’t do a little more work to figure things out (at this point, I’m not clear on the time zones at all.)

All that said, if the plane took off landed in left US THU night and left Russia SUN early morning, Trump would still have been in Russia the entire night of FRI/SAT. And probably about a 36 hour stay in country.

I don’t think this is some evil gotcha. I think he was speculating and not even clear on the timing (I don’t remember but my people think I wasn’t there over night). And it is not some deposition or official statement.

The pissing on the bed always struck me as over the top silly. There was an even funnier part where supposedly Trump names his poops Obama. Stuff like that sounds like 4chan trolls. It’s not even a good lie. I still think in the end we will find out that some of this stuff was just a joke gone wrong.

20. covfefe999 says:

While looking for extra info I came across this article. https://www.weeklystandard.com/jeryl-bier/high-cost-of-vip-travel-bidens-665-545-hotel-bill-in-moscow-obamas-450-000-warsaw-tab Biden stayed at that same Ritz Carlton in Moscow in 2011. Hotel bill: $665,545 For TWO DAYS.

21. The objective is to plant the malicious seed which they have succeeded in doing, yet again. The truth doesn’t matter and correcting it post publication is meaningless. Liberal airheads will consume and savor every morsel of what they want to believe and remain ignorant.

• thedoc00 says:

Every liberal on-line outlet trumpeted the title of this Bloomberg report, all day and it was reported over and over on NBC.

I call broadcasts on CNN, Bloomberg, NBC, ABC and CBS the opiate of the sound bite and video clip addicted.

22. Newt Love says:

Not many people know this, but in my adopted home town of Annapolis, MD, on the grounds of St John’s College (the 3rd oldest college in America), back by their boathouse where the “Johnnies” store their skulls and rowing craft, there is a monument to the French who fought with us against King George in the American Revolutionary war.

This excerpt is from one of the articles on the topic:
    “… About 3,000 French troops marched into Annapolis on Sept. 18, 1781, most on their way to a decisive victory against the British at Yorktown, Va. But some died – probably from disease – and they were buried at the edge of what are now the St. John’s playing fields.”
    I have been to that sacred spot 4 times, to pay respects to those who gave their lives in the pursuit / defense of Freedom.

It is called “The National Monument for French Soldiers and Sailors.”

Freedom is a Holy word.
    (From both my Scottish and Lakota (American nDn Nation called “The Sioux” cultural roots.)

• Anonymous says:

I think you mean “scull”. (No big deal…just rowed for a little while at the “other strange school in Annapolis…”where the Severn meets the tide”)

Annonymous replied:
        “I think you mean “scull”…”

Yeah, that’s the ticket! I wasn’t one of them, but I heard the word, and spelled it incorrectly.

Annonymous posted some more:
        > “… rowed for a little while at the “other strange school in Annapolis…”

That would make you a USNA grad. Sir, I’m honored.

I’m a former Enlisted Marine, but one of my closest friends is USNA class of 1979. (The now,) Dr. Leo Jones and I, along with our buddy, Steve Stegmann, wrote over 20 papers for IEEE and other Tech Pubs, and Dr Jones and I have co-chaired International IEEE Conferences in Tel Aviv.

Good to know you, sir, but I would never ask you to reveal your true personage.

I know. I’m crazy, being on the Internet as my real name, but how else can I hope to get anyone to read my mystery / thriller novels? NewtLove.com anyone?

• dbcaldave says:

I went to a Maritime Academy many many many years ago , where we had a crew team which I had never heard of before, coming from a coastal surf town myself.
          I always thought they called their boats “Shells”.
          Am I remembering correctly?
          I was not one of the Chosen Few but there were plenty good guys on those teams.
          Lot of Ego, lots of tough dedication. Lots of Hard training early in the mornings
          On a side note, when we first got on the training ship as 4th class,
          I learned that the word scullery was the little room where we dumped the food scraps to the ocean, and washed the dishes.
          Am I remembering this right? Old Navy term?

• Bruce Fauth says:

that big boat and barge school?

• MAJA says:

France has been our ally and supporter since the American Revolution. They supplied our Continental Army when we were broke.

MAJA posted:
        “France has been our ally and supporter since the American Revolution. …”

I love France, and the French people. I have about a dozen personal friends who are French.
        I am what is called “a Francophile.”

• The French actually fought for and with us in the American Revolution.

Americans have also given their lives on French soil defending them.

I really do not think we have had better or more consistent allies over the decades than the French people. Also, do not forget that green lady sitting on Ellis Island given from the French people to the American people.

I was very glad to see the menu for tonight and see that the event is dedicated to His Excellency Emmanuel Macron and his beautiful wife.

How long has it been since we have had this much class in White House–maybe since the Kennedys?

• InAz says:

@ Newt Love

Thank you for the historical information about the French soldiers.
      I love history.

23. dd_sc says:

Need to know the time zone being used for the arrival in Moscow. Trip calculator has the travel time Ashville/NYC to Moscow at 9-10 hours. If the 6:15 AM arrival time is EST, then it would have been a 9 hour flight.

24. Susan Bolle says:

Mt Vernon is a spectacular place to visit. Beautiful grounds and so much history.

25. Deb says:

The media never gets tired of chasing the wind.

Sundance, you are brilliant and hilarious. Thank you so much, God bless you for all you do. May you go down in history as a great Patriot along with the likes of Paul Revere, Thomas Paine, and Sam Adams.

Deb posted:
      “The media never gets tired of chasing the wind. …”

The Irish call a bad case of farts “the wind.”

The MSM is welcome to whatever they catch by chasing “the wind.”

26. splat! says:

The symbolism of the tree brings a tear to my eye. My father’s cousin was a young Marine at Belleau Wood. He didn’t come home.

“splat!” posted:
      > “… My father’s cousin was a young Marine at Belleau Wood. He didn’t come home.”

Thank you for your family’s sacrifice.
      We are all connected in our pursuit of Freedom, and Securing our Republic.

G-d bless you, “splat!”

27. albrevin says:

during college football recruiting season, fans of various schools scour flight logs to try and determine where coaches are heading in the lead up to National Signing day. you see stuff like ‘flight just left Tuscaloosa Airport at 7 a.m Registered to University of Alabama. Saban didn’t show for his tee-time at North River Resort. Plane headed for Miami International Airport, Miami is home of national top 5 linebacker Jimmy John Studmuffin!!!!!! Me thinks we got him!”

This Bloomberg junk reminds me of this….. bunch of obsessed leftists in the news media resorting to this type of behavior. They’re lunatic hacks.

28. MAGAbear says:

I see Google Chrome still has the phony “story” from the Bloomberg article up when you go to open the browser. I pray there are more people who see thru this nonsense than those who believe it.

• Newt Love says:

Stop using the (spyware) Google Chrome.
      Use DuckDuckGo or Bing.
      (And after visiting each new web site, delete the tracking cookies from Facebook, Twitter, and Google.)
      The sick ba-tards!

• MAGAbear says:

I usually use the Brave browser, but there’s a site I go to that won’t allow me to log in with an ad blocking browser, so I use Chrome for that. Maybe I’ll give Bing a try.

• Convert says:

I know! Plus, the headline story on Google for the last 2days has been various scary headlines about non-crimes by Sean Hannity. “Hannity Gets Home Loans” gasp! “Hannity buys repo houses” gasp! They are so crazed now, really just crazed, that they are getting sloppy and reckless.

• dayallaxeded says:

My old friend who consults on internet freedom for persecuted groups and journalists (real ones) under repressive regimes uses and strongly recommends using Tor for browsing. I’ve discussed various VPN and DNSCrypt2 stuffs with him and he thinks Tor does it better. Since he’s dealing with situations where people’s lives, possible torture, and freedom are at stake, I’m prone to accept his expertise. https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

29. dallasdan says:

Bridget Macron is a very attractive and desirable older woman. I understand the younger man’s attraction to her. He takes a lot of grief regarding their age difference, but if they are happy, I am happy for them.

• Newt Love says:

My sweetie, the love of my life, is 9 years and a few months older than me. When I met her, I was overwhelmed by who she was, and her spiritual state.
      I begged G-d to help me get a 2nd date with her.
      We’ve now been together for 20 years, and I just turned 60.

If you want to cast asparagus at the age differences of happy couples, then please just S. T. F. U. ! ! ! !

• churchmouse says:

@dallasdan: she was his high school teacher. She took a shine to him when he was 15. She followed him to Paris (got a new teaching job) when his parents sent him there to complete his secondary education.

She divorced her husband for a schoolboy.

Sorry to be brutally honest, but put yourself or a close male friend in her husband’s shoes. What would you think if you or he had been c***holded by a teenager?

Wake up, people. This relationship wasn’t made when both were adults. He was a boy. She was a wife and a mother.

30. Cheered me up, but they still make me sick! They are like mad cat ladies on steroids!

31. 6x47 says:

All that energy obsessing over irrelevant arrival and departure times, when it is known from public records and Tweets that Trump flew to Russia, attended the pageant, and then returned home to the US in one very loooong day.

32. Yancey Ward says:

If we grant Comey accurately portrayed the discussion- a big if- the details uncovered by Bloomberg don’t amount to much- the plane left Asheville at 10 p.m. Thursday, arrived at around 1:30 p.m. Friday Moscow time. I have done these trans-Atlantic flights myself, leaving the evening from the East Coast and arriving in Europe around midday local time. The problem here is that most people can’t sleep well in flight- I never slept even though the departure was near my normal bedtime. It is a struggle to stay awake long enough after the arrival. I imagine that Trump probably just went to the hotel and slept until any festivities for that night (Friday), and probably never slept again during the trip. Once you take that long sleep from early afternoon til, let’s say 8:00 p.m., you can’t just go back to the hotel and go to sleep at midnight local time. Every time I made that trip, I was up all night that first night, but in Trump’s case, his schedule for that Saturday didn’t allow another afternoon sleep, and he just did without it. I doubt Trump even remembers that Friday afternoon in Moscow 4 years later, or he remembers it as arriving in Moscow, sleeping several hours and then attending to all festivities that Friday night til Saturday night in one long fucking day.

33. Yancey Ward says:

My point is that these sorts of flights west to east to Europe leave you arriving midday local time having had no worthwhile sleep at all during the overnight. If you can, you just go to the hotel and sleep for 8 to 9 hours during the day, but then you are up all night. The real question is what was Trump doing during that period from about 8:00 p.m. Moscow time that Friday until the morning of Saturday. If I had to guess, he was probably attending parties and meetings associated with the pageant pretty much that entire time- I am guessing he was awake the entire time from that Friday evening until he departed from the airport. Trump probably doesn’t even consider that long nap immediately after the arrival as “staying overnight”. I am guessing if pressed, he could probably find the people to account for his every waking moment in Moscow because I doubt he was ever alone from that Friday evening until he got back on the plane.