Ever since the Facebook data-privacy issues surfaced I’ve been thinking back to one of the rare Matt Drudge interviews we noted back in 2015.   Drudge was warning about how on-line revenue would be weaponized by Google; and issues surrounding social media platforms selling and controlling you as a product. Drudge’s warning was prescient:

Drudge added, “Now if you think of that setup, how rare that is. Because everybody is so hungry for referrals, for likes. I don’t need to be liked. I don’t need to be liked at all.”

Throughout the lengthy interview, Drudge repeatedly warned Americans that they have become confined on the Internet into the “playgrounds” of massive corporations.

“This is ghetto. This is corporate,” he said of social media. “They are taking your energy and you get nothing in return!”

“I’m just warning this country that — don’t get into this false sense that you are an individual when you’re on Facebook. No you’re not! You’re a pawn in their scheme,” Drudge added. (link)

All your data are belong to us…

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Spying, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

172 Responses to Prescient Matt Drudge in 2015: “don’t get into this false sense that you are an individual when you’re on Facebook. No you’re not! You’re a pawn in their scheme”…

1. PremAmerica says:

Great find!

History allows that Matt Drudge has the best political instincts in our time.

I’ll never forget that Drudge was the first famous conservative influencer to get on the Trump train. Hannity was second.

• Peter says:

Michael Savage may have been before Matt. Savage was on WJR between 4pm and 6 pm weekdays. He “red-pilled” Michiganders driving home from work. Huge market; Savage contributed to the Michigan/Trump victory. Savage’s phrase Language/borders/culture!
      Note, right after the election, WJR did not renew his contract.

• Kenji says:

I was on the Trump Train the day it left the station via the golden escalator. Why ? Because he was THE only candidate with any HOPE for CHANGE. And he hasn’t disappointed! At all.

Thank you POTUS for our SECOND month’s paychecks bloated with crumbs! One more month and we’ll have a 5-tier Wedding cake of crumbs!! FU Pelosi ! FU … HER!

Is anyone else sick of HER never-ending Participant Trophy Tour?

• TheLastDemocrat says:

In the 2008 campaign, I was ranting to my wife: what each party needs is one candidate to come out and say what they stand for. FOR.

If they are a Dem, say this..
          If a Repub, say this…

Get away from the xeroxed statements, the focus-group polling, etc.

I was ranting: if someone does this, they will sweep the party. Either party.

Trump swept the Repubs.

The Dems are lining up Biden. Plus a handful more just in case – to see what polls well…remember, you have to grab two regions – a yank and a Texan, etc. …But a genuine American could pop out and claim GENUINE AMERICAN, and wipe the Dem field…

Like Yes says – It Could Happen

• Ginny says:

I too was on the Trump Train from the start. When I realized he wasn’t taking any crap from anyone, I said this is the Republican we need. For too long the liberals have silenced the Republicans who go and hide under their desks, not any more. Thank God for Trump.

• Curt says:

I didn’t know what to make of the Donald from the start. All I knew is that I hated the options and I was never going to vote for HRC, or any other progressive. I like what he has done so far and one thing I think people need to remember is that the guy you see on television is not the guy people negotiate with in private. That is a different animal. But you cannot help but love the man because in general, he is doing what he promised during the campaign.

• Kenji says:

I proudly voted for Ross Perot. This time … my 3rd Party vote COUNTED! With even BETTER results than I had ever expected!

• uvaldegirl says:

This corporate stifling of conservative voices is very troubling.

• Tom H says:

Don’t forget Howie Carr! He has a really funny ad promoting his new book (What Really Happened) which is nothing but clips of Trump praising Howie for, among other things, being a supporter right from the beginning.

• cozette says:

Drudge has known Trump for decades. Hes publically said that Trump is the most brilliant and fascinating man in over a century. He would be in a position to know. I hope people note, especially Alex Jones bashers, that both Drudge and Trump appear on and are long time followers of Infowars. When he won, President Trump made sure that his long time friend, Dr. Corsi, got a WH press pass as Infowars correspondent.

• margarite1 says:

“Trump is the most brilliant and fascinating man in over a century.”

Yes, I agree…and I agreed with Stephen Miller when he said this is the chance of a lifetime (to elect Trump and actually change the corruption). Trump is fighting a mighty war…it’s much worse than I thought it would be. I frequently tweet him just to remind him how much he is appreciated.

I deleted a lot of my info off FB yesterday but I’m still on there so I can see family activities. But really dislike making that twit rich just so I can look at family and friend’s photos. And then some people can barely go to the grocery store without telling everyone about it. Sheesh!

• Dixie says:

Uh, excuse me, but I believe you’ve overlooked that Sundance and some treepers were among the first. I was right there with him, from that day forward, never wavered, never experienced any lack of confidence, while looking forward to the monster vote and the rise of the silent majority.

Perhaps you weren’t here then.

From June 15, 2015, the day DJT rode down the elevator in Trump Tower with Melania at his side after being introduced by Ivanka, we were on the Trump train.

It’s hard to believe so much time has passed since then.

• Deb says:

What a great ride it has been! I came out of lurkdom during the primaries. Sundance’ explanation of the splitter strategy and the Uniparty was brilliant. People forget that the Republicans were almost able to pass TPP. Ted Cruz’s role in that opened my eyes. PDJT’s early condemnation of that treasonous “deal” won my support.

• mj_inOC says:

…and any respect immediately lost for [Lyin’ Ted] Cruz… the lies about his initial financing, continued in sabotaging Dr. Carson the night before Iowa Caucus. What an Opportunist.

• margarite1 says:

I also knew Trump would win…always thought the polls were wrong and thankfully so many believed them and underestimated Trump which led to complacency on Hillary’s team.

Can’t wait to vote for DJT again!

• j1u2l3i4a5 says:

I was always a Trump fan and knew he would win.

• Don’t care who got on board first, just want to get as maany freedom-lovers on board as possible! 😉

• farmhand1927 says:

Drudge has been vilified here for months, accused of being anti-Trump, a purveyor of ‘click bait’ and so forth. May he enjoy this, his one day of reprieve.

• Taco Tuesday Welde says:

This is the ghetto…this is corporate..and who are the biggest fans of facebook? The liberals whom couldn’t tell you what easter is, or who is their senator and the ones that complain about corporations.

2. True, true, true! I have no photos on there and everything is set to private. My setting delete and don’t allow for adds, my cookies are removed constantly, and I am a pain in any sales persons neck! If I don’t want it, I’m not having it. My weakness is 1940’s film noir, and the silent movies. I think I am relatively safe there lol

• peace says:

The Private setting is there to give you a false sense of security. On Facebook, privacy does not exist. Remember that Zuckerberg called facebook users “dumb fucks” .

• scott467 says:

“My weakness is 1940’s film noir, and the silent movies.”

______________________

Lots of good ones have been restored and released on Blu-ray in recent years.

The Maltese Falcon (1941)
      Double Indemnity (1944)
      Laura (1944)
      Murder, My Sweet (1944)
      Mildred Piece (1945)
      Scarlet Street (1945)
      The Big Sleep (1946)
      The Killers (1946)
      The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)
      Dark Passage (1947)
      Lady from Shanghai (1947)
      Nightmare Alley (1947)
      Out of the Past (1947)
      Ride the Pink Horse (1947)
      Force of Evil (1948)
      Key Largo (1948)
      They Live by Night (1948)
      Criss Cross (1949)

Honorable mentions (1950s):

The Asphalt Jungle (1950)
      The Breaking Point (1950)
      In a Lonely Place (1950)
      Night and the City (1950)
      Sunset Boulevard (1950)
      Ace in the Hole (1951)
      Strangers on a Train (1951)
      The Big Heat (1953)
      Kiss Me Deadly (1955)
      The Killing (1956)
      Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
      Touch of Evil (1958)

Neo-Noirs (‘modern’ era)

The Long Goodbye (1973)
      Chinatown (1974)
      The Conversation (1974)
      Dressed to Kill (1980)
      Body Heat (1981)
      Thief (1981)
      Blade Runner (1982)
      Blood Simple (1984)
      Basic Instinct (1992)
      Reservoir Dogs (1992)
      Pulp Fiction (1994)
      The Usual Suspects (1995)
      Fargo (1996)
      The Game (1997)
      L.A. Confidential (1997)
      No Country for Old Men (2007)

Foreign:

‘M’ (1931)
      The Third Man (1949)
      Rififi (1955)
      Elevator to the Gallows (1958)
      Le Samourai (1967)

• Deb says:

This list is brilliant.

• Kenji says:

Thank you for providing an alternate to viewing the current effluent flowing through the Hollywood sewer pipe.

• scott467 says:

You can find them all here with reviews and scores (ratings): http://www.blu-ray.com

If I had to pick a few favorites:

Double Indemnity (1944)
          The Big Sleep (1946)
          Out of the Past (1947)
          Ride the Pink Horse (1947)
          Key Largo (1948)

The Asphalt Jungle (1950)
          In a Lonely Place (1950)
          The Big Heat (1953)
          Kiss Me Deadly (1955)

Body Heat (1981)
          Thief (1981)
          Blade Runner (1982)
          Blood Simple (1984)
          Reservoir Dogs (1992)
          The Usual Suspects (1995)
          Fargo (1996)
          The Game (1997)
          No Country for Old Men (2007)

‘M’ (1931, German with English subtitles)
          The Third Man (1949, English)
          Elevator to the Gallows (1958, French with English subtitles)
          Le Samourai (1967, French with English subtitles)

(Note that like many modern movies, some of the 1980s or newer films can include some pretty graphic violence and/or profanity, so please do be aware of that).

• Great list. I made sure to get my children interested in many films on this list early (among others – my daughter at 4 years old used to insist that her favorite film was “Treasure of the Sierra Madre”) because now they recognize crappy story telling in modern films vs well-crafted film-making. They also clearly reject gratuitous violence, sex and stupidity. I believe we have to be responsible stewards for youngsters about what represents quality in everything. Full stop. Your list proves you absorbed that lesson somewhere. Thanks for sharing: I’ll be using it.

• Kenji says:

Thanks Scott! Gotta cue these up on my Oppo player

• getfitnow says:

I love them too. In no particular order, I’ll add:

Hot Spell 1958
        The Lineup 1958
        Please Murder Me 1956
        The Shop at Sly Corner 1946
        The Naked Street 1955
        Boston Blackie movie series (Chester Morris) 1940’s
        Bull Drummond movie series (John Howard) 1930’s

3. HBD says:

If you’re not paying for something, YOU are the product.

4. There’s no reason someone couldn’t write an open source version of Facebook that isn’t controlled by any central actor.

The problem is finding a way to host the content in a decentralized way. Once we crack that nut, Facebook is finished.

Similar to BitTorrent, where social media content would be hosted on a distributed network of users.

• BobBoxBody says:

There’s an alternative to Youtube out there called BitChute that let’s you upload videos in a bit-torrent fashion rather than having servers. I strongly suspect that will ultimately be the next big step in the internet as a whole, in which everyone is basically keeping up their own part of the internet once smatphones and what have you can hold hundreds of gigs or even terabytes on their phones. That will be a BIG game changer because it’ll effectively decentralize the internet. Very smart people who thumb their nose at authority of any kind are going to make sure that’s it’s hard as hell for anybody to spy on you in the future. Count on it.

• agree, and it will be combined with Bitcoin as a way to pay people to host the content on their devices (i.e. fractions of a penny to host a blog post, etc)

the other side of the coin from privacy (what users write) is censorship (what users read)

a decentralized open source platform would prevent lefties at Facebook/Google from censoring/curating content

• 4sure says:

If there’s no money to be made, it will fail. Remember, there are no free lunches.

• Kenji says:

What Facebook has done is embed and intertwine every business in America on their platform. Why does my Insurance Co. require a Facebook page for me to visit? What’s wrong with their own ONE website? Why in THEE hell would I visit my Insurnace Co.’s Facebook page? Yeah, that’s creepy. Very creepy. Creeps … every single business on Facebook.

• keeler says:

There are several social media alternatives out there: Gab.AI, Minds.com both come to mind.

• GB Bari says:

Yes but I looked at Gab, even joined it and then discovered that Gab has an overload of racism, antisemitism, and depraved horrible postings that some folks like me have no wish to have to wade through to find substantive intelligent posts.

• 4sure says:

Why in the world does anyone have to have a “social media”?

In my day, social media meant, the church, Lion’s Club, Rotary Club, Jaycees, sports teams, and a myriad of other service clubs/organizations.

Have we become so insecure that we have to cling to a cell phone 18 hours a day everywhere we are and then share every thing about our personal lives w/the world. I have NEVER and will NEVER use any type of social media. Zuckerburg was correct when he said dumb fks. use facebook.

If I had youngsters I would never allow them to be on facebook and I would not let them have a smart phone. They would have the cheapest cell phone on the mkt. w/100 mins. purchased (no monthly plan) and would use it only for emergencies and to check in w/parents or for parents to check in w/them. And their time on the internet would be strictly limited as well as the sites visited.

You can tell I am a dinosaur.

• uvaldegirl says:

I tried that route with my children and the daily begging, ostracism by peers etc led me to eventually get them smartphones. It’s a daily struggle getting phones for evening lockdown etc. It really is insidious.

• 4sure says:

Yes, peer pressure is insidious. I think parents have to start w/teaching their children about peer pressure at a very young age. There’s ways to teach them, and a good dose of Christianity mixed in w/the teaching helps. When the process is done properly, it instills character, self confidence and a respect for others.

It used to be that teachers and coaches would be cognizant of peer pressure and they took steps to diminish it as much as possible. I don’t think that exists today. Not implying that you did not teach your children properly. It’s really tough in today’s culture and there’s not many readily available models to use to help parents.

The church used to be a good source but even our mainstream religious orgs. and churches have abandoned the word of God for a watered down version that offends no one. God did not want his children to drop out of the culture and not have a voice in it, and he surely did not want us to assimilate into that culture. Unfortunately, most of our churches, teachers and role models and pastors have assimilated.

• uvaldegirl says:

I am just reading this – and wanted to thank you for your comments. It is not easy, and you are right about Christianity helping them to handle being singled out and sometimes ridiculed. With Christ as our example, He is also our refuge in tough times.

• Michael says:

You do realize that you are posting at a social media site, don’t you?

5. JAS says:

The health of a lot individual minds are completely dependent on been liked by others. This because said individual minds don’t have the capacity to like themselves. Positive introspection is out of the question.

This is always been – it is not new. It is just greatly exacerbated in the computerized social universe.

I have no online social presence. I don’t need it. I am very happy in my own mind. I don’t need anyone to tell me how good I am.

And that, makes all the difference.

• sat0422 says:

The pat answer to why facebook is this: “It’s the pictures….I love the pictures.” It’s to the point that one is shunned by their family if they don’t “do” facebook. We have been against it since the beginning.

• GB Bari says:

Unfortunately I, like many others, have to have a FB account just to participate in comment discussions on several good conservative news and opinion commentary websites. Seems that is a favorite option rather than managing their own or using other user account management options. But my FB account is absolute bare minimum info and reveals nothing about me to them or the public. I clear my cookies and history daily to minimize my exposure to the data miners. I abhor Google, FB, and Twitter. My family and friends all have and use our email and SMS text or iMessage capabilities. Don’t need or use Twitter.

6. RG. Getard says:

It is one of the positives off being old…I don’t have to adjust to the age of Facebook. It is bad enough I have a cell phone so I can’t even enjoy my lunch hour. Like most advances, there are good and bad. I am amazed at how much information is available at your finger tips….and I am concerned at the same time. These things are tools and susceptible to the weakness of man. The erosion of morality and honor remain the greatest threat throughout the ages.

• peace says:

You are so right. What people seem to forget is the fact that when many of us old-timers were in high school (before 1999) people didn’t get shot in school and by and large schools were safe places. We had plenty of guns, got them as presents (real and pretend) so something has changed in our culture to create the in-school chaos we see today and it’s not the guns although it appears that puppet Hogg and some of corporate America would like to brainwash us into thinking otherwise.

• rashomon says:

Heck, 20 years ago students were safe in the high schools around the ghetto community of Chicago’s Cabrini Green, even through the MLK riots and Jesse Jackson’s rampages about the city’s racism. In fact, they were a safe haven from the bullets flying down from the higher floors of all the high rises dotting that compound.

Who do you think weaponized communities? Many deserve some credit, but did those seeking power with social organizing and rewritten history help the person on the street or just add to the mayhem outlined by Cloward-Piven’s design to destroy America?

• sat0422 says:

Just yesterday I watched the first part of a show about Mao and his methods for changing China over to communist red. It simply reminded me of Sandy Hook and Obama. When they got to the part where the young were even encouraged to kill their elders that is when I knew just how evil the philosophy of “taking down a country and rebuilding it in the eye of communism” can really be. Thank God for Jesus and thank God for Donald J. Trump.

• 4sure says:

When I went to HS, very few students, only the very well to do, had an auto to drive to school. For us rural folks, every pickup had a gun rack in the rear window w/a long gun or two in the gun rack and the guns stayed there, no matter where the truck was driven. Even on school or government property. No one ever thought about taking the gun and shooting up any place.

Our culture has been grossly corrupted by the damn liberals. They are a danger and a plague on our culture.They have destroyed common sense. You don’t need to be a genius to try and outsmart common sense.

Common sense is the DNA of basic survival. Unfortunately, it is disappearing in our culture.

• John says:

The only reason I have a cell phone, Is that you can no longer find a phone booth. Mine is kept in the car for emergencies only. No interruptions and minimized radiation exposure.

• billrla says:

RG: Honor and morality have been in-play since Adam and Eve. Technology changes. People don’t.

• Jedi9 says:

I totally agree!

One aspect that some are not mentioning but is probably most important is the aspect of “time” itself! I like to call it “time robbers”! I am currently working on a book about the dangers of media, and this one aspect is something I have been researching for a Long time in relation to social media, mobile devices and MSM itself and it influences the behaviours of people! It wasn’t until I heard Tucker Carlson mentioned that smart phones ruined an entire generation that I was ahead of the curve in realising what was going on long before he brought attention to it.

1st) smart phones and the apps are designed with predatory functions to target human addictive behaviours. Such as games, social media etc. I like to use the analogy of eating empty calories such as potato chips, or candy, they taste good but provide no real value of nutrition. Same with addictive apps! Games are fun to play, but time is being wasted as a result!

2nd) online search’s done by desktop computers by people are also a target but with a different tool set being used such as algorithms intended to be suggestive to the user, or manipulative to go to other sites to satisfy further surfing indulgence of curiosity. This also includes retail shopping and the ease of satisfying needs of purchasing! Amazon seized in this and made out like bandits as a result!

3) online platforms like YouTube, and other entities to provide a way for people to be heard or self promote their brand is another way where narcissistic behaviours are exploited. The other elephant in the room that got covered up pretty quickly was that Google and YouTube were funding terrorism indirectly by making such platforms available and are using this as an excuse to implement censoring policies on users for so called questionable content to cover their dark secret for fear of unwanted scrutiny of this particular issue! Google has blood on their hands!

4) MSM itself! Look at news yesterday and today to see how much has changed! The one element and target is fear itself in which news orgs like Fixnews, and the rest of legacy media prey on this human behaviour for the ratings race! People watch because they can’t help themselves to satisfy their need to be informed, to be entertained or for better or for worse to be invoked to think about a certain subject matter. This is why news orgs can no longer be trusted to deliver true news anymore due their priorities for profit over content!

Each one of these aspects can be explored deeply to reveal more truths and I don’t have enough space to write here, hence the fact I am writing a book about it. However, my point in all that I just outlined is that people’s time is being taken without anything in return. So much time that people spend on their phones or computers that they don’t realise that it is actually contributing to their own demise and having detrimental effects in their own productivity and metal facilities to the point it is becoming debilitating. After all Enstein predicted that technology would make people dumber not smarter. That is what the elite who are part of the larger tech corps objective is, to control the masses by getting inside heads and being in control of time. On the latter, one has to ask themselves honestly how much time do they spend indulging in these platforms or watching TV in order to self assess what of their own lives is being wasted that can otherwise be used to improve their lot in life and be more productive and creative?

In one aspect human behaviour is predictable and is quantifiable in the age of data collection and analytics which if one really thinks about this from an objective stand point is being used against the people who are doing the consuming!

Lastly I leave with this one thought in what this all means for humanity and the discourse we are currently on:

“Technology did a great job of connecting the world but equally did a good job of disconnecting all the people”

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I like to call it “time robbers”

You are absolutely right. Please let us know when that book is done. I do not have any mindless “games” or apps downloaded on my smart phone. I did not even have a cell phone until March 2016, I had to buy a smart phone to help with the DJT campaign volunteers to run canvassing apps.

For the two months prior to that I was using my mother’s smart phone, which she just had as a collective family phone. Prior to that I only used it for a day at a time when I went out on fishing trips, or to use the camera feature. After taking the phone off to NH & SC, my younger brother could not stand to be with out the phone for Pinterest and fascistbook for a few days (he did not want to use my computer while I was away). So he took over the account from my mother and I got my own.

Now that my phone is paid off, I am being bombarded with offers to “upgrade”. No thank you.

• Jedi9 says:

I will sure to do that! It has been a long and tiring process, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for all the hard work I put in thus far.

You are one of the lucky one’s that are not dependent on external devices. Devices today are almost at the point if not already that are doing the thinking for a lot of people and that is really the scary part. I am one of advocacy of changing behaviors when it comes to how we approach our internet and phone usage. It needs reminding that these devices used should be viewed as tools and not sources for entertainment. The computer should be for research, ways, to help foster entrepreneurs endeavors and people need to have clear objectives when using these tools so that their time is not spent wasted on useless self indulging surfing the net for other nefarious or unsavory things out in cyberspace.

The predatory function of cell phones and their apps in particular is targeting youths between the ages of 11 to 18 by creating addictive environments within the games they play, and thus prey on the monetary aspect to exploit those addictions. I also argue that if no supervised properly it can interfere with learning. When my child is old enough, it will be explained to him why he can not have a cell phone, until he is old enough such as college. The same with computers, however it will be limited in that aspect, with a condition for him to use the computer as a learning tool, not for games and entertainment. However, that being said on the latter, it may get more challenging as always with time that technology evolves and incorporates it’s tentacles into the institutions of learning as it becomes more common in its usages such as books, tools in the classroom etc. But at least I am advocating to my child how to approach these tools, to have awareness and condition him on why privacy is so important and of course with peer pressure and the envy of others is another challenge that will no doubt be a negative influence on my child. We as parents have to do our part in changing this culture and this is a good place to start!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I am one of advocacy of changing behaviors when it comes to how we approach our internet and phone usage.”

I am going to copy and paste these posts into a document for further reference, as well as send them to my sons for advice in bringing up,the grandchildren. Personally, when i have to spend time in a waiting room I take a leather bound bible with me for testimonies sake.

Almost everyone knows what you are reading with one of those. I have been able to share my faith with others that way. I have 3 bible apps on the smart phone, but those are for reference, emergencies, etc. You can be reading the Word of God on your “device” in public, however, that will not be apparent to anyone else.

. 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Timothy 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

• JJ...the first one says:

It is bad enough I have a cell phone so I can’t even enjoy my lunch hour.

OMG–no off key???

• JJ...the first one says:

I actually laugh in front of shoppers talking on their Bluetooths and seeming soooooo important. Telling someone for everyone to hear, well, I’m on my way to checkout now!!
        What a life that sad person must lead to have a need to let someone/anyone know where you are and what you’re doing at ALL times of your life!!!???!!!

Oh, my TracFone costs me $20 every 90 days. And the only person with the # is my husband.

7. Ip Siscr says:

In 2010, the WSJ published a 2 year series called “What They Know” that discussed these issues. Many detailed examples. Unfortunately a is behind the WSJ paywall.

8. Ip Siscr says:

Also, even if you are paying for something, you may still be getting monetized.

9. Fromseatoshiningsea says:

An insidious creation. The perfect tool for the globalist, one-world government cabal. And folks blindly walk into it, surrendering their individual sovereignty. Enough people join collective sovereignty disappears. For every oasis of truth like CTH there are dozens of cabal controlled propaganda machines or Trojan horses sites disguised as platforms for fun, connectivity and entertainment. They are poison.

10. jackphatz says:

Just look at Google. Tell my why Google would need access to the pictures on my phone to download the app to Kohls? They don’t. I don’t download apps.

11. NoJuan Importante says:

That’s why I like individual sites; such as this one. Pay Sundance some money periodically. It doesn’t cost that much and look what you get. Unbelievable analysis and you don’t get postings “directed” to you.

12. Southern Son says:

Facistbook.
    Spit!!
    Before Drudge, I tried to warn everyone I Know n Love.
    I have been excluded and igored for years because I wasn’t in their clique.
    Never bothered me one bit.
    What will they do now that it is crumbling?
    I’m still here.
    I’m still the same.
    I was advised to adapt.
    I didnt.
    Now they will have to.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Facistbook…Never bothered me one bit.”

I am with you. I get my photos of grandchildren by e-mail, CD or thumb drive.

13. luke says:

I find it funny how people complain about their privacy online “The govt is watching what I do on the Internet.” And yet they post everything about their lives on social media lol. All it would take is a quick sweep of your email addresses and site visits to get a good sense of your habits. Whether or not you own guns, what turns you on, etc.

Fortunatley most people are just not that intesting enough to bother with. What is really scary is when that information is mobilized against a political opponent. That wiley Trump knew that was a possibility and stayed away from emails and such. Amazing how the guy sees around corners. It’s an incredible gift/instinct.

14. PaulM says:

I saw this coming long ago. THE big name in data collection, Experian is a major player with not only facebook but all social networking. They are also the data base behind most, if not all Departments of Motor Vehicles for all states. They tell the DMV’s what data to collect and what documentation will be required to verify it. It explains why at every interaction that I’ve had with a gov’t agency in the last year, they have demanded a cell phone # and a email address and were not happy when they didn’t get them. They are the reason for photo ID’s required for everything we do. It’s not the threat of terrorism, that’s the excuse. A disposable cell phone that you turn off (or take the battery out) when you’re not using it and leave the social stuff to the sheep. Use a Tor browser so your location won’t be logged by the web sites you visit. Thailand now requires a face scan and a fingerprint to get a cell phone. People are so addicted to the social validation that they will agree to anything to get more “bouncing bunnies” as a reward. This does not bode well.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Departments of Motor Vehicles”

NY state DMV is now selling data of motorists

• sat0422 says:

Just this week DISH TV gave me the run around. They raised my rate from $94 to $98 and then to $114 in three months. When we called they said we could lower our rate by getting into their channel package system but we need to give them every channel we watch to figure it out. The lady on the pnone two days later was very patient while I listed off 50 channels, one by one. When she came back it was only a savings of $1.90. I knew they have just gotten my personal information and for what. I believe DISH is going to soon be history in my house. They urged me to go to their website and click on “best customer specials and for a two year committment, I can have all my same programming for only $99.95 per month. Bogus and yes, I should know better. However, with living in a rural area and certain health conditiions in the family that don’t allow for being out and about, TV is vital to our sanity. Internet costs us an arm and a leg too.

• JJ...the first one says:

$35 for Roku per tv….one time purchase.

I just unsubscribed Netflix due to board director Susan Rice joining, and negotiations with Obama streaming his picks in the works.
        I still have movie channel, Amazon for $104 a year(8.75 a month) that comes with Amazon Prime package.
        I can get free channels with a few ads…weather channel, Pandora—what else is needed??
        I get my news online at conservative sites like this one.

15. PaulM says:

An addendum:
    Use noscript and you won’t have to look at all that damn advertising

16. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A woman that was another DJT campaign volunteer said in the summer of 2016 she was spending and hour a day on FB instead of doing something more productive. some of the others wanted me to join – NO THANK YOU. No Twitter sewer for me either. If the President sends out an important tweet, I will hear about it eventually.

7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook

8 Good Reasons to Quit Twitter

17. Most people are very small, can’t think outside themselves………

• G. Alistar says:

Yep, perhaps it is more than ignorance which can be cured by education. The problem however is fundamental to humanity…….info=power and $$$=power. In the history of humanity, all people all cultures there is only “one” who did not succumb to the lure of power. We celebrate His resurrection tomorrow morning, Happy Easter!

18. wheatietoo says:

It is similar to the uncharted territory we were in, back when the Industrial Revolution began.
    Robber Barons built huge monopolies and became millionaires…and they did it rather quickly.

We didn’t have Anti-Trust Laws to cover what was happening.
    But then we recognized that there was a Need for them…and Congress passed those laws.

Right now, we have no laws that cover what these Internet Giants are doing to people.

Google, Facebook and Twitter, lure people onto their sites with a ‘free service’…and then Take something from them without asking.
    They then turn around and Sell what they have taken from people.
    They even put ‘tracking cookies’ on their visitors’ devices…to increase what they Take from their visitors.

There is no Law against this.
    But I think there should be.

At the very least these Internet Giants should be required to give Full Disclosure of all the ‘data’ that they are taking from people.
    And also Who they are selling it to…and for how much.

And ‘tracking cookies’ should be illegal. Period.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“We are in uncharted territory, with regard to Laws that pertain to what is going on in cyberspace.”

The US Government Just Destroyed Our Privacy While Nobody Was Paying Attention

While the nation remained fixated on gun control and Facebook’s violative practices last week, the U.S. government quietly codified the CLOUD Act, its own intrusive policies on citizens’ data.
      While the massive, $1.2 trillion omnibus spending bill passed Friday received widespread media attention, the CLOUD Act — which lawmakers snuck into the end of the 2,300-page bill — was hardly addressed.

• Dixie says:

32,521 signatures……Not going anywhere I don’t think.

• Doppler says:

Great post, wheatie, but what are the AntiBigSocialMedia rules needed that parallel the Sherman Act? How about,

1) no digital endeavor that offers services online to users can collect information about persons with which they interact without a) their express permission, & b) making available to that person in easily readable format all the information they have collected and who they share it with and for what purpose. Collecting and using information about persons without such permission and disclosure is prohibited.

2) ?

• wheatietoo says:

That’s not strong enough, I don’t think.

They could just include that in their ‘Terms Of Service’…and make people click on “yes”, that they have read it and agree.

• Beware of falling for a narrative put in place about 100 years ago! I’m referring to the anti-trust laws. In college in the late 1960s I learned that Congress passed the anti-trust laws at the insistance of the Big Companies: railroads and oil companies to start.

Why did the Big Companies want those laws passed because the new little guys were undercutting the prices of the Big Boys and hence the BBs huge profits! Made sense to me then, does so even more now.

• keeler says:

Exactly.

Technological revolutions disrupt societies in the first phase, improve their quality of life in the second, and, if left unchecked, take them over in the third. As it was for the first farmers in Mesopotamia, as it was for the the first steel workers, so is it for us. I don’t think it’s coincidental sundances’ graphic of the lobbying “hockey stick” shows the spike began in the 1980s, at the start of the digital revolution.

It appears we’re in between the second and third phases, and that people are beginning to wake up to this reality. Facebook cracked the list of most hated companies in 2017.

19. No matter what you do, if it’s through “their” servers, ANYWHERE… it’s logged in your full name & in ALL CAPS.

What does that mean? Hmmm…

• PaulM says:

An educated guess. A word made up of all upper case or all lower case is not the same. If one letter in a word/name is of another case, the number of permutations expand expontentially. This is why your passwords (to be secure) should be a mix of uppercase/lowercase/numbers/special characters. If they convert all names to uppercase, data processing goes much, much faster.

20. Deplorable_Infidel says:

What Google and Facebook Know About You

I received this same info from about 3 sources, this was the first one I found in my “Inbox” (last one received) on 29 MARCH 2018

“Want to freak yourself out?,” wrote Dylan Curran. “I’m gonna show just how much of your information the likes of Facebook and Google store about you without you even realising it.”

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

The original:

“An expert has investigated the data that two internet companies possess and warns others on extent of privacy intrusion….Google and Facebook know almost everything a smartphone owner does online or offline and store the information even if the owner deletes the data on the device, a technical consultant and web developer has written on his Twitter account.”

When I went to Manchester, NH for the Primary, i had my mother’s smartphone. I bought my own in March of that year. When I went back in September for the general election, Google knew (suggestions) where I wanted to go even before I entered any data into the phone.

21. billrla says:

Vanity. Pride. Greed. Cupidity. Shame. The wisdom of avoiding idle gossip. It’s all right there in the Bible. Why is anything done by Google or Facebook or Twitter, etc. such a great suprise? We’re just building a great big online golden calf. There will be consequences. There are always consequences.

22. Deplorable_Infidel says:

10 Social Media Networks to Use Instead of Facebook

“With the #DeleteFacebook hashtag trending on social media and the Big Five — Amazon, Google, Apple, Microsoft and Facebook — growing more untrustworthy by the day, we may soon see a sea change in public sentiment toward another relevant trend with incredible momentum: peer-to-peer, blockchain-based tech apps; tools that do not harvest user data and are not part of a monopolistic predator class of Silicon Valley tech elites hobnobbing with Washington policymakers. The masses may finally be ready to adopt the ethos of decentralized social media in their lives.”

23. Deb says:

I gave up Facebook in 2012. I only joined because my extended family started sharing things only on FB, and I wanted to be in the loop. But the lack of privacy creeped me out. When the data mining for Obama became apparent I left and never went back.

My family will just have to call me if they want to talk to me. Sadly, people don’t even want to talk on the phone anymore. They will text.

24. Dixie says:

I’m paranoid. I have no social media online presence. Period. No smart phone, no smart tv, no Alexa, and I use a cloaked browser. Even so, I doubt I’ve been able to avoid them completely. I’m not sure anyone can as long as we are breathing.

25. Running Fast says:

Look into “pixel” allows fb to track you on millions of 3rd party sites.

26. 🍺Gunny says:

This is all well and good. But also understand this other factor which is much more difficult to escape from.

Purchases made with credit cards . Who pays with cash anymore? I’m not talking access to your bank accounts, but combined with all this other data stated in the above posts….what you purchase, where you purchase it, when you purchase it,
    along with the Alexis devices…..

The matrix is almost complete……unless you do a John Conner and get completely off the grid.
    Scary huh…

27. thomaspain1961 says:

Thank goodness I never went on facebook. I had no idea what a bullet I dodged then. I can live without google when google bites the dust, but darn I love google earth.

28. TreeperInTraining says:

Yeah. Add me into the paranoid list. My social footprint is vague and confusing. I lie about my BDay. I use my maiden name sometimes….and then sometimes I don’t. I havent had a FB account for over 4 years. Never did twitter, no snap chat, no instagram….and the “likes” I get here are sufficient enough to boost my ego. Lol.

I won’t give it away. The 7th floor crew will have to work for it.

As for Drudge…one of the best political minds of our time. Imho

• BAM says:

Ditto here. I learned a little less than 20 years ago that my personal info could be found by a hacker if so desired. Fortunately the person was a principled person, but it was rather unnerving to find out what the capabilities were even then.

• Buck says:

As for Drudge…one of the best political minds of our time. Imho

LoL
      Drudge and InfoWars get bashed in these comments sections daily. Nice to see some credit where it’s past due.

• noswamp says:

Funny I do not see Infowars bashed here in Treeperville. I keep Infowars very close to me. Their stuff has given me the last piece of the puzzle in more than 50 instances and counting. You just have to learn to go to the interviews and listen to Alex when he is in the mood to give you information and not emotion. CTH is my primary site though. Other sites that I enjoy reading are citizenfreepress, whatfinger and believe it or not Canada Free Press. SD is an excellent researcher and I am grateful for the hard work he does on this site. This site gives you the pieces of the puzzle and helps you put it all together. When I need to be spoon fed, I go to Infowars. Paul Joseph Watson and Owen Shroeder are phenomenal. Good catch on the vid.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” You just have to learn to go to the interviews and listen to Alex when he is in the mood to give you information and not emotion.”

Then he is very good. My brother just had him on the smart TV (I do not know the date of the video, but it was probably recent) when he had an interview with a woman with a British accent. The discussion was about HRC and her comments about women when she was in India. Alex actually let her talk without interrupting. I was amazed.

• Hoosier says:

All that facebook (assbook) knows about me is I like guack. I block their images on all sites. That is one of the main reasons they know where you go. Same with Wp and Twitter.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“their images on all sites”

One of my computers is an old XP and when you go to some sites the pages take a long time to load because of all the ads. Of course, you can see the ads loading in a little window above the “Start” button and the memory usage (from a little app) going way up (Drudge, etc. especially loaded w/memory hogging ads & links). Of course, Fascisticbook, tweedle and gargle are ubiquitous.

• Ublock Origin works for preventing ads from loading.

29. Ellen Lopez says:

All of this is true. I remember that interview with Alex Jones. So my question is: what happened to Drudge? Something has changed; a lot of clickbait and there is a different -less honest or true to the people – orientation. Who got to Drudge?

• TreeperInTraining says:

I don’t feel that way. I still find him totally pure.

When Drudge, posts a link, it “becomes” news.

Sometimes the news is trump positive, sometimes negative.

That’s why I like him. He doesn’t do The Echo Chamber.

Imho

30. TheLastDemocrat says:

This psychiatrist had a few years of brilliant commentary on our self-absorbed culture, and had a phrase: “if you are reading it, its for you,” meaning “you are not reading news, but reading “news” designed by someone to make you feel good about yourself in two ways – your world view, plus make you feel good because you think you are dispassionately reading the news.”

He has a ton of brilliant posts on the topic of culture and narcissism, and how businesses make the appeal to our ego, as well as post actually focused on psychiatry. He at times bridges the two, so you can see where we get so many over-concerned wonderful parents with alarmingly high rates of supposedly diagnosible kids.

He was picking up on the Facebook and Google phenomena years ago, from his angle.

Worth a read…I took my screen name from his lead (and not from ‘the last refuge’)

31. AH_C says:

Was just thinking the other day how AT&T was advertising support for IBOR. If that’s the case, how about patching our smartphones so we can 100% uninstall any app we don’t want?

I’ll keep Google Play for apps I want to download, but I want to be able to completely uninstall Amazon, Facebook, Gmail etc. Just because I don’t use the Facebook app, doesn’t mean the app, even tho not activated, isn’t constantly monitoring and sending data home.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

There are some apps that allow you to uninstall those pre-loaded apps that your phone does not give you the option to uninstall. I do not not have any experience with them and I do ot want to mess with my phone, since it is working fine,. I was going to wait until I got to the Verizon store and talked to someone that has a lot more experience with phones than I do.(I do not want to trust the reviews on the app page itself). There might be some info on this site’s links, they are the best for tech reviews. They even have ways to test the quality of the antennae in a phone:

The Most Trusted in Tech Since 1997

• AH_C says:

Same here, I don’t want to hack my phone (10 years ago I would’ve) , I just want to delete whatever I don’t want.

Pretty much the same reason I don’t work on my car unless I have to, I have a mechanic for all that junk. And I ain’t got time to mess around, get dirty busting a knuckle or two. Lol

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I don’t work on my car unless I have to”

I already gave many of my duplicate mechanics tools and tool boxes to my sons, because I am never going to be changing out another engine or transmission in my life. They need the tools NOW with their young families, not after my promotion to glory. Kept the ones needed for working around the house here, but I had 12 pipe wrenches, 3 sets of sockets, etc.

. 2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
          8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

• AH_C says:

Amen. Took my two sons to home depot to get outfitted with their own basic gear to start working construction this summer. If they have the knack, they can make decent money plus experience. I call it tent making; learn a trade, then pursue your career etc. But if you ever get in a bind, you can always sling on your tools and ply your trade again, or moonlight for extra cash. Even if you don’t return to it, you’ll still have tools for your own home projects.

If they like it, they’ll have good work every summer and in between college semesters. Or even pass on college and go specialize in a trade.

Being a jack of trades is what allowed me to “walkabout” in Europe for almost a decade, for what initially was a just supposed to be year long break from the aviation rat race. I had several solid options to choose from upon returning, but just never came back. 20 years later I’m in IT, LOL.

32. Pointman says:

When you can’t figure out what they’re selling, it’s because it’s you they’re selling.

Pointman

33. Turranos says:

I am totally diggin’ this thread, as this is a topic near and dear to my heart. Mostly I am surrounded by people who have been totally duped by Googlet and Faceplant. I do have quite a few friends who have stayed away from Faceplant like me. I always point out that Hitler, Stalin, Mao, et all, would have thoroughly loved to have these social media sites to help them get rid of pesky people much faster. That being said, they did a pretty good job without these modern tools that are actually weapons against the people. IMHO, no real good can come from these sites.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I always point out that Hitler, Stalin, Mao, et all, would have thoroughly loved to have these social media sites to help them get rid of pesky people much faster.”

That is my position as well. All the “authorities” have to do is get a couple of people and track all their acquaintances on like-minded Garglet, fascistbook , Tweedle, etc. to pretty much round up the whole group.

Especially since in recent years Robert Mueller destroyed the FBI Muslin database and has one instead on Patriots (potential subversives) like NRA members, military veterans, etc. When FBI trainers visit local police academies now, afterwards they hand out their business cards with instructions to report vehicles displaying bumper stickers like “3%”, “Oathkeepers”, etc.

34. A must watch.

One interesting point, Drudge was very confident he was unaffected by the totalitarianism of the corporate media and Clinton machine. I wonder…his headlines changed at some point. I don’t visit DR anymore and haven’t for a couple years.

He also seemed to think Trump was part of the corporate hype, but in a bad way.

So very many smart people had no idea about Donald Trump. Our VSG President was/is a Godsend.

35. zucccchini says:

Trump did not come up on my radar as a POTUS candidate until my Democrat spouse said he hoped that he would run. I thought at the time there was no way. Trump was just doing this as a publicity stunt or chicken out at the last minute as he had twice before. When he announced his candidacy my spouse was pleased and was sure he had a chance. I did not since I was certain that once they turned up the heat and threatened his family he would run for the hills as Perot did. Keep in mind I have been a life long Republican, I was sure only thing running was RINOS and the nation was doomed even if a Republican won. Election night I sat staring at the TV until I could no longer listen to the stupidity of the commentators. I could not decide why was no longer able to watch. Was it I didn’t want to see Hillary win or watch Trump lose. I awoke at three in the morning to tune back in simply out of morbid curiosity. I was so elated and excited I could barely get back to sleep when I read the announcement across the screen. I woke my spouse to tell him Trump had won and he rolled over to view the TV in disbelief as I had.

Everyday I pray for Trump and his family. He does this at great sacrifice and tremendous love for his country. I do not know how we could replace him. No one has the stamina and sheer will he has shown. I wonder if he knew how hard this would be. He had to see how corrupt and willfully incorrigible the press and public could be. Only he has the tenacity to give as good as he gets.

36. MTK says:

Yup, facebook what? It was basically a wanna be social network back in the day. Stop and think when did Facebook blow out into the public consciousness hmmm….

Had something to do with events of 2011.

Before then, Facebook who??? Of it seems all so long ago, like FB has been around since the dawn of time. But, FB was the manufactured result of how it was USED by a political narrative to achieve an outcome.
    Now, just who owes who in that equation, or who owns who are some real troubling questions.

Oh, by the way the above event is the Arab Spring.

37. Mickturn says:

I never support ANY Leftist anything!

38. Moultrie Flag says:

Back when Drudge was semi relevant….how cute.

39. tsmifjones says:

I checked out facebook when I was in college. it was still just a university thing and had to be invited to join. that was enough for me.. I could see the writing on the wall

40. Deplorable_Infidel says:

If going “off the grid” doesn’t seem to be a reasonable option in the 21st century, what can a private citizen do to combat the personal data collection of tech giants such as Google and Facebook?

Technical consultant and Web developer Dylan Curran demonstrated in a series of tweets this week how much information Google and Facebook are storing about individuals, the Gateway Pundit reported. Commenting on Facebook’s spying, he observed to the popular blog: “When you aren’t paying for the product, you are the product.” In a video, he explained how to to opt out of data collection:

41. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Facebook has purged two popular pro-Trump Facebook pages over the Easter holiday weekend after the creator of both revealed his previously anonymous identity on the Milo Yiannopoulos podcast.

God Emperor Trump (GET) and its back-up account, God Emperor Trump II, boasted 330,000 and 75,000 followers respectively, before they were flushed down the memory hole under suspicious circumstances, as the tech giant continues its unbridled attack on free speech, conservatives, and Trump supporters.

42. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Truth About Social Media
    “We’ve all been turned into junkies” – Paul Joseph Watson
    Posted April 04, 2018

43. Deplorable_Infidel says:

STUDY: GETTING OFF FACEBOOK FOR JUST 5 DAYS REDUCES STRESS LEVELS

Infowars.com – APRIL 4, 2018

Social media works by rewarding the brain’s dopamine centers similar to smoking, drinking alcohol and gambling, meaning entire generations of young people are being turned into addicts.

44. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Facebook believes ‘most’ of its 2bn users had their data improperly mined & misused
    Published time: 4 Apr, 2018 20:10
    Edited time: 5 Apr, 2018 13:02

Facebook’s powerful search engine allowed any users to search for accounts by typing an individual’s phone number or email to locate the required person. While convenient and efficient, the ‘Search and Account Recovery’ function likely also helped “malicious actors” gain access to the personal data of “most” of Facebook’s two billion users, the company has admitted. Unless the user changed their setting to block the built-in search function, they were vulnerable to potential misuse of their data.

45. Deplorable_Infidel says:

FACEBOOK UNMASKED: HOW THE WORLD’S MOST RELEVANT ENTREPRENEUR WAS SCREWED BY ZUCKERBERG

Here is a story that the main stream, propaganda, corrupt media has chosen to ignore for over 17 years. We are counting on alternative media Truth Warriors to get this story out wide and far. This is im-givin-her-all-shes-got-captainthe story of all time that can set us free from internet imprisonment and censorship. Use the article in full or in part. Create you own article from what we have provided you so that it resonates with your unique audience.