Wednesday March 28th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

215 Responses to Wednesday March 28th – Open Thread

1. Dora says:

Croatian Conservatives Reject EU’s Proposed Gender Ideology

Just when the EU thought it had made…

From the BBC:
    Thousands of Croatians have rallied in central Zagreb against a European agreement designed to protect women, saying it threatens traditional values.

They object to the Istanbul Convention on the basis that it would legitimise same-sex marriage and improve rights for transgender people.

• Lurker2 says:

I don’t know how that would protect women.

• Bendix says:

As with other liberal ideas, it will be exactly the opposite of what they say it is.
        When I Iook at what is happening to the status of women in the EU, it makes me want to cry, or go over there and scream and shake people and yell WAKE UP!

2. duchess01 says:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2018
    Good Wednesday and the Sign of the Prophet Jonah

3. Dora says:

4. Dora says:

5. Just thought I would add the first two songs from my “wake up” playlist here. They may not be everyone’s cup of tea but they do help me “get my mind right” to start the day.

6. smiley says:

Russia and the Middle East…

EXCLUSIVE : OPEC, Russia Consider 10-to-20 Year Oil Alliance ~ Saudi Crown Prince

March 27, 2018

from the informative article…

“…a long-term pact between Moscow and Riyadh would effectively co-opt Russia to the Saudi-led OPEC cartel while strengthening Russia’s hand in the Middle East where The United States has long been the dominant super-power.”

much more at the link.

• jbt says:

Will be interesting to see how PDJT and company will handle this.
      I just sent the WH a note about President Trump’s proposed special tax status on Amazon (his advisers tell him Amzn is putting small shops under). Much as I detest Amazon’s ideology, our household depends heavily on them as we live 2 hours from a large city. I work for a 40-year-old sole-owner store that is doing fine despite Amazon competition; in fact, they sell on Amazon as well as in the brick-and-mortar store. Their customers are treated like gold, and they return again and again. Local business are doing better in general since the Trump team took the reins.

• smiley says:

here is a little more positive analysis in terms of how this might effect US shale production..

“the potential deal is a sign that the 14 member OPEC is trying to adjust to a market increasingly influenced by U.S. shale.”

according to the article, “experts” do not think this alliance will “scare off surging U.S. shale production”.

but Russia is a sly fox.

• Lurker2 says:

Did I miss something? Axios, known anti-Trumpers, generated a report based on anonymous sources. I can’t see the original Axios article because their web site is a disaster, but reports from other media are saying Axios says Trump is “obsessed with” Amazon and wants to “hurt” Amazon. Does this seem like credible reporting? Obsessed? Hurt? Wait til some official news comes out.

• Lurker2 says:

I just want to say whoever came up with the web site design that forced you to scroll through large images and articles stacked one on top of each other IS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOT. I’m seeing more and more of these sites and they’re so annoying I just stop going to them.

• jbt says:

It was Drudge (one of their numerous links, naturally); however, Amazon stock price tanked this morning, so some large investor(s) must be aware of something.
          I’m not losing sleep over it – just wanted to get my 2 cents in to the WH.

• formerdem says:

yes, i am so grateful to them also. when i am sick, who will bring me food and orange juice? Jeff Bezos will. to the door.

7. dbethd says:

Hannah Hauxwell’s visit to London when she was awarded a ‘Woman of the year’ prize.

Hannah Hauxwell (1 August 1926 – 30 January 2018) was an English farmer who was the subject of several television documentaries. She first came to public attention after being covered in an ITV documentary, Too Long a Winter, made by Yorkshire Television and produced by Barry Cockcroft, which chronicled the almost unendurable conditions of farmers in the High Pennines in winter.

The Yorkshire Post article chronicled the daily life of Hauxwell, then 46, as she worked alone in her family home, Low Birk Hatt Farm a dilapidated 80-acre (32 ha) farm west of Cotherstone, that she had run by herself since the age of 35 following the deaths of her parents and uncle. With no electricity or running water and struggling to survive on £240–280 a year (at a time when the average annual salary in the UK was £1,339), life was a constant battle against poverty and hardship, especially in the harsh Pennine winters, when she had to work outside tending her few cattle in ragged clothes in temperatures well below freezing.[

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

Thank you, dbethd! That brought back such lovely memories of the UK. The Victorian train stations, the countryside and the vegetable market! I have such wonderful memories of my time there.
      We lived in Doncaster, Yorkshire for 4 years, near where she is from. I didn’t like it as much as Scotland, but it was a real eye-opener about how different people can be.
      We also lived in a house that had a key to the front door just like hers! That made me laugh.
      I would love to go back, but I’m afraid it’s just not the same anymore. The changes that were happening is why we came here, such a shame.

• Lurker2 says:

But you know David Hogg has such a difficult life. 🙂

8. ecmarsh says:

Courtesy to Ladies.

9. Keln says:

I could use some prayers for my father right now. He is now out of a surgery, and it was rough on him.

His prayers and those of his friends have done miraculous things for me. Aside from the sheer love I have for the man, I just wish to intercede on his behalf. Please pray for his recovery. We do not ask for these things that come with long life. We still do want to see our Jesus. But if we must be here, let us be here healthy, eyes fixed upon our Lord, and tongues singing His praises.

10. dbethd says:

Lyme Disease Teaser – campaign to finish the film

11. Kenji says:

Re: The “new” Roseanne Show

If the leftist, Christophobe, Hollywoody writers employed on the “new” retread Roseanne show feel the need to include a gender-confused 5yo boy as part of their new program … then I feel the need to bingewatch The Crown … or wash my hair.

I am not given to quoting scripture, as it would make me sound like some “religious” vegan scolding you to NOT eat meat … however … in the case of Hollywood sewage flowing into the consciousness wrapped in a shiny cover called a “pro-Trump” narrative … I am going to make an exception. Because I HOPE we can all agree that it is not healthy to eat shit (see, I’m not your average Bible thumper).

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Simply put … you are what you eat.

12. patrickhenrycensored says:

@Bakokitty
    Son with Iphone says no problem with pop-ups, even though he doesn’t use any type of adblocker.
    Will get with some of his techy friends to find out whether or not they’ve had the problem you do.
    Reading the ‘page source’ of CTH for clues.

13. Lucille says:

SHARPTON’S BROTHER CHARGEDW/MURDER AFTER “MARCH FOR OUR LIVES” RALLY
    March 27, 2018 by Daniel Greenfield

14. When is McTurtle up for re-election? How can we (TCTH) put pressure on him to keep the Senate in session (everyday – all day long – including weekends – no recess) until every one of the Presidents 70 to 80 nominees receive an up-or-down vote in the Senate? I’m really a decent Christian – but I’m ready to unleash holy hell on that obstructionist.

15. Lucille says:

49 WAS AVERAGE AGE OF MARCH FOR OUR LIVES ATTENDEES
    March 28, 2018 – by Daniel Greenfield

16. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

17. feralcat says: