Chairman Chuck Grassley along with republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee are formally requesting a second special counsel to investigate the FBI and DOJ involvement in the Clinton-Steele Dossier.

The republicans asked Office of the Inspector General to explore the FBI and DOJ’s handling of dossier in February; but now they are requesting Attorney General Jeff Sessions and DAG Rod Rosenstein to appoint a special counsel (full pdf below) because the IG does not have the ability to obtain testimony from witnesses who are not DOJ employees. This is the same motive of request from HPSCI Chairman Nunes and Trey Gowdy.

During House and Senate investigation it was discovered that officials in other agencies, namely the State Department, were involved in the dossier’s use prior to the October 26th, 2016, FISA application and after the 2016 election. At least one person directly in the State Department was in contact with Christopher Steele.

Previously AG Jeff Sessions stated he already assigned a prosecutor from outside Washington DC to work with Inspector General Michael Horowitz –SEE HERE-; so I’m not exactly sure if Chairman Grassley will get a different response than that already given to Chairman Nunes.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, CIA, Clinton(s), Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, Jeff Sessions, media bias, NSA, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Chuck Grassley and Senate Judiciary Committee Request Second Special Counsel – (video and pdf)…

1. rich says:

Let it rain! Fire McCabe, appoint a 2nd special prosecutor and reveal the OIG report!

• Matthew Musson says:

What happens when one Special Counsel begins investigating another Special Counsel?

• mimbler says:

DOJ already has any criminal recommendations the IG will be making as they give those to AG as they find them, not waiting for the final report. So that bridge has been crossed.

And the SC will be named by Rosenstein or Sessions. The last one got us Mueller. I don’t see anything that has been changed that would make the second one actually be working for the forces of good.

In my mind, I don’t see big positives coming down the pike based on these facts. I hope to be proven wrong, though.

• cali says:

@rich: Having another special counsel that takes up another year or longer is a waste of time.
      Jeff Sessions hired an outside the beltway investigation team that is working since last year August 2017 on these same issues. It obviously has already brought results as the sealed indictments are piling up. It’s action time.
      Gowdy confuses me because he apparently still believes that there is something left to investigate about the Russian collusion. We saw his effort to solve the Benghazi murders of four Americans and the backstory that ended in stalemate. Enough already.

2. Minnie says:

Excellent news to end a crazy day, thank you.

Question: is it mandated that, if the request is denied, a public explanation be provided?

Thank you.

3. The ducks are in line, bring on the OIG report.

4. MakeAmericaGreat says:

As Sundance says, it’s not clear that Grassley will get a different answer than the one Sessions already gave on the same subject.

So why is Grassley asking?

Because now we are on offense and running our own propaganda campaign. Now we are building our own case, creating a groundswell, doing our own drip-drip-drip.

This is how you do it. It’s been a brilliant, patient process. As much as we want justice done yesterday, it doesn’t work like that. You have to slowly build up your army’s forces. And that’s what has been done, all this time, as Sundance has pointed out over and over again.

We’re getting closer. Still a ways to go, but we’re moving closer every day.

The immediate goal is the 2018 midterms, as well as neutralizing any threat to Trump (they go together, those two things). No reason to rush the matters as we want to have the last word on “scandals” before the midterms.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Sounds right to me!

• Apollo says:

Offense feels good! Gonna need indictments by November….

• SteveC says:

I sure hope so.

• Tiana says:

I agree… as I have been saying for a long time “God’s mills grind slowly…”
      And everything has to be airtight and above par…
      And we don’t want to alert the black hats how much is truly known and investigated…
      We don’t want the big fish to escape…

However, I don’t want another special counsel… too many corrupt prosecutors in the DC swamp….
      I trust our AG when he says he already has counsel assigned… I trust our slightly confused appearing, always polite “Inspector Columbo”…
      In my book he is a white head… Loyal to POTUS… and the law… probably in reverse order… lol

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

100% agree. All has to be done spot-on with no mistakes.

On the 2SC question, I’m not sure. I wanted one, then I read a good piece by Andrew McCarthy on it and it seemed less important. As you said, the DOJ/Sessions could have this one without a 2SC.

I think a lot of this may be political posturing, for the public. I’m good with that. We want to get the public on our side.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I trust our AG ”
        Mr. Sessions might be in a bit of a jam, though. Last night on YouTube, Dr. Jerome Corsi said that Mr. Sessions recused himself under (or because of) the wrong statute under the advice of BHO acolytes.

• cboldt says:

Recusal “on/off” is not a helpful way to view this subject.
          Better to think of scope of recusal. That the press or somebody else wrongfully expands the scope of Sessions blinders, doesn;t mean those blinders actually reach that far. There was an asinine contention in June hearings that Sessions should have recused from firing Comey, to pick an example.
          Sessions is recused from a case where Hillary is defendant against an allegation involving her reckless exposure of secrets with her e-mail (but not all cases where Hillary is a defendant); cases involving Clinton Foundation; and cases relating to the conduct of the Trump campaign.

• magacombover says:

I have been thinking about that since I first heard it. Could that have been done on purpose? How could he have made such an error? Perhaps he is not recused at all.

• Benson II says:

Since I’m not a government lawyer or lawyer of any kind I have no way to know what to believe about that. I read it to. All I’ve been able to glean from different sources almost all conservative has me doubting Sessions abilities more than his character. I don’t normally voice this since I hate to join in with the “kill Sessions” crowd but I see no reason to give him overwhelming support either. We’ve seen that there are many others surrounding Trump who have not done the job they should have and little by little he’s replacing them. I see no reason to give Sessions some kind of pass on everything he’s done or not done. I’ll have to leave it to Trump to see what he wants to do about Sessions and I know he will not do it in a way that undermines his own objectives. I have to admit I’m more concerned about Sessions than some of the others because his job had a more direct impact on the President than other jobs of advice giving have.

• David Munday says:

The reason to rush is if the Dems get the house- and the oversight committee.

• The Devilbat says:

Lets hope that something is done to stop the democrats from employing their usual voter fraud tactics.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yes, that needs to be taken care of.

• spren says:

Trying to eliminate the opportunity to perpetrate voter fraud is one of the most critical things we are faced with. The Dems will pull out all stops in the mid-terms because they realize how critical they are and what is at stake. They significantly underestimated how much fraud they needed in 2016 because they were so over-confident. They won’t make that mistake again.

• Isman says:

Great points and I pray you are correct. I fear that even if a competent SC is brought in, the investigation is taken out of the public eye with the help of the MSM and the Democrats regain congress/committees in Nov. It’s imperative that this scandal envelops the Democrats like a stinking rot from now until the mid-term election.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Absolutely. We need to make this their downfall in the midterms. I think much of the timing is focused on that goal.

• spren says:

I agree wholeheartedly. The Dems really have no message to resonate with their base except to get rid of Trump. They really stand for nothing that is important to real people. But the problem is that too many Republicans aren’t really standing for anything either. PDJT is pulling the wagon almost totally by himself. The gains we have enjoyed have been those brought about by his incessant efforts and hard work.

We need the taint of corruption to be squarely hung around the necks of these seditious Democrats. But given what we’ve seen so far, that maybe wishful thinking.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

The Dems are scared to death. But, they realize what they need to do. Hence the push to run veterans/intel operatives, as well as try to co-opt the tax cuts and push their own version of infrastructure.

They know they can’t win on Obama politics. So they are trying to steal MAGA for the midterms.

We just need to make sure that the electorate does not get fooled, as they did in the PA18 race.

I do hope we can get some corruption taint on the Dems headed into November. We’ll see.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“neutralizing any threat to Trump”

The relentless partisan attacks on our President by SC Mueller that are infuriating us are also indicative of Mueller digging his own “grave” deeper and deeper. The MSM deceived masses have had it drilled into them that “Russian Collusion” is the sole reason for his existence. Instead, now they know hat he has strayed way off course.
      So when Mr.Mueller and Mr. Rosenstein “go away”, enough Independents know the truth, so the cries from the hateful left & MSM will be to little avail when the headlines read “Hitler is Coming”.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yes. Mueller looks even worse now with the House Intel Committee having said there was no collusion. That is a big help.

I can’t wait until Mueller “goes away.”

• Andy says:

I’m guessing Mueller will never go away on his own. By the law, there is no limit on his term. Rosenstein is supposed to be supervising him and making sure he stays within his mandate. But so far Mueller has strayed far afield and Rosenstein has shown no interest in reining him in. Mueller will go til he has a legitimate indictment against Trump, probably based on one of his business transactions. After all, that is the purpose of the exercise.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

I agree. It will be very hard to get rid of Mueller.

The best thing we can do to end his reign of terror is hold the House in 2018. That should essentially finish him. Which is why he is going to drag things out in hopes of Dems taking the House.

The only thing I am concerned about, at all, is Mueller. I am concerned about keeping the House, but that is only because of Mueller.

If we end the threat of Mueller, we will get what we want. Or the vast majority of it, anyways.

5. SR says:

We all are putting all the hoped on a IG report which is already delayed. I hope Session put himself in game after report and close Mueller.

• lokiscout says:

Maybe more pressure for Muller to declare “Sorry, nothingburger!” and close his act down.

• G. Combs says:

“We all are putting all the hoped on a IG report which is already delayed. “

No it is not delayed.

INSPECTOR GENERAL ACT OF 1978
      [Public Law 95–452; 5 U.S.C. App.]
      [As Amended Through P.L. 114–317, Enacted December 16, 2016]

“[…]…………..REPORTS
      5. 3 SEC.
      (a) Each Inspector General shall, not later than April 30 and October 31 of each year, prepare semiannual reports summarizing the activities of the Office during the immediately preceding six-month periods ending March 31 and September 30. Such reports shall include, but need not be limited to—
      (1) a description of significant problems, abuses, and deficiencies relating to the administration of programs and operations of such establishment disclosed by such activities during the reporting period;[…]”

• kroesus says:

duuuh….this is not a “report” on daily activities of the previous 6 months we are waiting on but a report on an INVESTIGATION started 8 Jan 2017…..just a biiiiiiiiit different…..and they do keep pushing back the release date of the formal report

• lumoc1 says:

It seems like some people commenting are following posts on different sites: some say the IG report was supposed to be released in January and it has been delayed.
          Starting with the earliest posts on the subject, I understood SD to say that the documentation gathered by the IG would be provided to Congress in January (which it was!) and the report would become available in March (It is only March 16).
          In addition it has been pointed out that the IG is required to inform his superior upon immediately finding any wrongdoing and not wait for his final report (which has reported as being done).
          I fail to see a valid reason for being worried or fearful that nothing will be done.
          Don’t worry be happy! 😉

• kroesus says:

I did not express any “worry”…..I was pointing out the difference in the report G. Combs referenced and the anticipated FORMAL report from a FORMAL investigation in action since Jan 2017 not the day-to-day inquiry and reporting required of the OIG during normal operations when wrongdoing is discovered….not only are the matters Horowitz is currently investigating far more pervasive and directed they show serious signs of high level coordination

• ThingsWeTakeForGranted says:

TY GC, I always appreciate your comments and everything you share.

• mimbler says:

Sessions should have already put himself in the game. He is given all criminal prosecution recommendations as the IG comes across them. The IG does not wait for the final report to do that, as makes sense.

So Sesssions is quietly working already on those criminal prosecutions or he isn’t. The report won’t change that.

• spren says:

The only hope I cling onto is that Sessions is such a by-the-book guy that he obsessively complies with the notion that the DOJ (and FBI) are not supposed to confirm or deny any investigations underway. Hopefully, grand juries have already been convened and more progress has been made than any of us are aware of.

• mimbler says:

Well, I won’t argue with your viewpoint.
          For myself, I’m not seeing any evidence of that, but will be delighted should I see some.

6. wheatietoo says:

Lindsey Graham…actually trying to do what’s right for the country?

It’s almost scary.
    I keep waiting for him to turn around and kick us in the teeth again.

• Dave says:

Yeah, wheatietoo, this is the first time that Graham seemed to be on target, IMHO. Perhaps keeping his distance from McCain for the moment had a temporary cleansing effect.

• MM says:

I know Wheatie I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop when it comes to Graham….

• tdaly14 says:

That would be Senator Lindsey Gramnesty! Thank you very much! He’s our US Senator!

• Tiana says:

I want to believe him (Lindsey Graham)…. he looks so innocent and sounds so sincere… but I kind of have added him to my “snake” category… to me he is the epitome of a uni-party swamp creature…

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Lindsey Graham…actually trying to do what’s right for the country?”

Perhaps Sen. Graham sees the “writing on the wall” (PDJT success) and is working on his “legacy”.
      We can only hope

Daniel 5:5  In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king’s palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.
      Dan 5:6  Then the king’s countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.
      Dan 5:7  The king cried aloud to bring in the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers. And the king spake, and said to the wise men of Babylon, Whosoever shall read this writing, and shew me the interpretation thereof, shall be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold about his neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom.
      Dan 5:8  Then came in all the king’s wise men: but they could not read the writing, nor make known to the king the interpretation thereof.
      Dan 5:9  Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonied.

• Maryaha says:

Deplorable_Infidel, it’s amazing that you posted these verses here. I read these exact same verses last night in an article written by a man who is encouraging people to pray for President Trump and our country in very specific ways, rather than just in general. 😇

• mimbler says:

I don’t think he ever does anything but what is right for him. I don’t even pay attention to his actions anymore.

• Benson II says:

There will be no long wait I’m sure.

7. Sayit2016 says:

When I see the words ” The Honorable Adam Schiff Ranking Member House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, it makes me want to kick something. He has NO honor. NONE.

8. Albertus Magnus says:

For myself, I would prefer these investigations stay the responsibility of the AG, the OIG and a prosecutor appointed by someone MAGA to do whatever the OIG cannot do.

A Special Counsel, it seems to me, takes this from a MAGA team to someone independent. Like Mueller. If Grassley is for it since he is aware of EVERYTHING, we believe,, then that is a pro argument for the SC. However, don’t people get pause when they see Graham, Cornyn, Tillis, Chaffetz, etc. calling for the SC?

I believe I read it here but it could have been elsewhere that when Comey opened us the second investigation into the Clinton emails right before the election in 2016, MAGA folks, including me, were excited. However, by doing that Comey was able to take Weiner’s laptop from the NY investigation and keep it out of anyone else’s hands. That shut down that out of DC investigation. Then he was able to claim that they had searched them all and then close the re-opened case before the election was held.

Comey did that to protect Clinton from outside investigations. He took the risk because he, like the world, believed that Clinton was a lock in the election and he could risk it to protect her from prosecution. Outside independent investigators looking into Weiner got hamstrung but got a plea deal out of Weiner. He paid a small price, but Clinton was protected.

Special Counsel could be a controlled opposition getting control of the OIG’s information and thereby stopping other independent prosecutors from getting involved. McCabe, who seems to be the one who is going to be the fall guy to protect bigger fish (like Weiner was a fall guy) will plea deal, get a couple of years and the rest will walk.

I could be so wrong. I often am. But rushing into things often gives us quick highs but big letdowns in the end. Investigations into Benghazi, Lerner, Weiner, the emails, etc. should be teaching us to be patient and to follow our heads not our emotions.

IN MY OPINION.

• Beverly says:

Hmmm, good point, but I do hope you’re wrong. Still, if Lindsay Grahamnesty is in favor of it…..
      Problem with the IG, he doesn’t have the power to punish, I hear. So, once again, for the thousandth time, we citizens will be expected to be mollified by a Dog and Pony Show of an investigation, where they reveal criminal and treasonous behavior — then all shake hands and retire to Bullfeathers for a drink. And no punishment of the evil Leftists, ever.

• Tiana says:

I am also against another SC… Sessions told Nunes that he already assigned a prosecutor outside of DC who has been with the DOJ for many years (hope I remember this right)…

I believe that Sessions has been working on all this corruption from day 1…

And when all the i’s are dotted and all the t’s are crossed then Sessions will arrest the perps… well, have them arrested…

Everything will be done honorably and by the book (of law)… and politely… lol

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Benghazi, Lerner, Weiner, the emails, etc.”

Let’s not forget that most of this happened under BHO, which meant that it was not going to be prosecuted. I don’t know about the IRS getting a “pass” from prosecution. Perhaps the white hats have something else to go after them for? I do not know.
      The work is done, so I do not see any reason (besides a statute of limitations) why the information already assembled cannot be presented to a Grand Jury AFTER a purging and clean up over at DOJ.
      There is a lot of Muslim Brotherhood embedded all over, especially in the State Department. PDJT should declare them a terrorist organization, IMO.

• mimbler says:

I agree. The way I see it, Rosenstein would be the one to appoint the SC. And he picked Mueller for the last one. Why would we think he was going to pick anyone that is on our side this time?

A Mueller clone would whitewash these allegations, and probably indict some conservatives for jaywalking in his spare time.

• spren says:

My only exception to your comment, or qualification, would be regarding Rosenstein. Since the purview of this second SC would likely include Uranium One and the FBI investigation preceding its approval, wouldn’t Rosenstein, having been involved in that investigation, now have to follow Sessions example and also recuse himself from the appointment process? I’m not sure who the number three person would be who would now have that responsibility.

• mimbler says:

You are absolutely correct in your assessment, but apparently only Sessions is bound to recuse himself for potential conflicts of interest.

• powderdayrules says:

Dems have no honor, or shame, but have their agenda. I don’t expect a dem to ever recuse themselves.

9. Summer says:

Why would Grassley need to apply leverage? Because the DoJ does not want a SC who, God forbid, might start asking awkward questions (unless Rosenstein appoints Eric Holder or his equivalent, which is a possibility).
    Grassley is retiring and therefore he has nothing to lose. He will apply maximum pressure, yes. Graham is facing re-election in 2020 so he is trying to earn brownie points.

We shall see.

10. Beverly says:

It’s about time!!!!!! Wake UP, Sessionzzzz!

Judas Jumpin’ Goat, what’s TAKING him so long???

The Leftwing Lynch Mob has been allowed to vandalize and assault and persecute everyone and everything that dares to oppose them, and they Never, Never, Never pay any penalties or suffer any consequences. It’s waaay past time for Americans to kick their butts over the Moon….

11. william elbel says:

Supposedly Trump was told that any replacement for Sessions would not pass the Senate.
    If Sessions continues to drag his feet, maybe Grassley could now say the Senate is now ready to approve a Sessions replacement.

12. TreeClimber says:

Not to steal attention from the star of this little show [sorry Chuck] buuuuuuut… what gives with Graham?

13. Hoe anybody can vote for “Linda” Graham is beyond me. It’s so blue it’s almost purple. Might as well cross the floor.

14. G. Combs says:

A Special counsel has Congressional strings attached. That is why I do not want one. Do YOU want the DemonRats to have some control?

Also just look at Mueller. He is completely out of control and hiring very Pro-Clinton lawyers with no checks.

15. William Bayer says:

I keep reading different version of the same statement — claims that the DOJ or FBI cannot investigate itself — and that statement appears again in this latest Grassley letter.
    It’s true that a PERSON cannot investigate him or her self, but I don’t know that that’s true for a department or agency of government, especially when that department or agency is under different management than it was under at the time that the conduct that needs investigating occurred.
    This isn’t the Lynch DOJ investigating itself, and it isn’t the Comey FBI investigating itself. It’s the Sessions DOJ investigating the Lynch DOJ, and the Wray FBI investigating the Comey FBI.
    True, there might be some internal conflicts arising out of some of the same people being a part of each organization, but they can be weeded out from participation if their prior actions arouse suspicion.

Meanwhile, the statutory authority for disqualification (which is a prelude to appointing a special counsel) is 28 U.S. Code § 528- Disqualification of officers and employees of the Department of Justice:

” The Attorney General shall promulgate rules and regulations which require the disqualification of any officer or employee of the Department of Justice, including a United States attorney or a member of such attorney’s staff, from participation in a particular investigation or prosecution if such participation may result in a personal, financial, or political conflict of interest, or the appearance thereof. Such rules and regulations may provide that a willful violation of any provision thereof shall result in removal from office.”

That statutory authority references disqualification of a particular person from participating in a particular investigation. That language clearly foretells a situation where one or more individuals within the DOJ or FBI might have conflicts of interest — such as being required to investigate themselves — but it doesn’t indicate that the presence of such people should prohibit the entire DOJ or FBI from being able to conduct a proper investigation.

The special counsel statute does make the assumption that conditions might exist where the entire DOJ or FBI might not be the entities to conduct an investigation, but it seems to me that that would more likely apply if it were still the same people at the head of those organizations, or still the same political party in charge. Neither of those circumstances applies here.

And it appears that NONE of these people calling for a special counsel have the first clue about whether or not a criminal investigation is or has been going on parallel to or connected with the IG’s investigation. Appointing a special counsel now could throw a serious monkey wrench into any investigation currently ongoing, and at a minimum would require starting all over again from the beginning.

The smart thing to do would be to wait for the Inspector General’s report, wait to find out whether a criminal prosecutor was assigned to assist the IG in interrogating witnesses outside the IG’s authority, and then see whether Sessions does anything about it QUICKLY. If a criminal prosecutor has been working with the IG, indictments should follow rapidly after the IG’s report is released.

16. G. Combs says:

I think these requests for a second Special Counsel is for optics. It is to get the idea of the Horowitz IG report into the mind of the general population.

Repeatedly bringing that IG report up is the best way to get the Sheeple to pay attention to it. It keeps the Yellow Stream Media from burying the whole report. It is also necessary for preparing the Sheeple for major indictments down the road.

17. BMG says:

Sheesh!

The ability by The Good Guys to self deceive is really incredible.

The Bad Guys are successfully playing the delay game. Delay, Delay, Delay.

Hold out for another 6-7 years and they win. Trump is out, they win.

Firing Mccabe should be a no-brainer, he’s guilty as all heck, why the delay? Why is Sessions having a problem kicking this guy out on his azz?

And Nunes, you’re great! Why the need for another SP? More delay?

And Mueller, Mueller? He’s got less than nothing. Why is this farce being allowed to continue?

Why are Comey-Homey, The Clap, and Brennan The Muzzie still walking free?

And Susan Powers?

And The B-l-eat Goes On.

18. r2 says:

i have been disappointed in AG Gump for some time now, actually ever since he recused himself on the mueller/russia investigation. i sure hope i end up being wrong about him. he may be in over his head….

19. Fake Ruby says:

Sundance, grateful to you as always for pointing out these important Congressional communications, but it would be helpful to your readers if you gave links to the Congressional committee or House/Senate member’s webpage where we can download the document for further study.

Your chosen method – Scribd – requires registration in order to download which is unacceptable.

U.S. Congress websites are free to use.

Here is the link for this post’s document.

20. jeans2nd says:

The DOJ IG was used for the DOJ-FBI investigation.
    Has anyone bothered to look at the State Dept IG?

Looked there personally couple weeks ago. The DOS IG is a mess.
    836 open investigations. A review of the Benghazi Review Board recommendations was just started. Closed recommendations are repeated, regardless of having been closed.The same infractions are committed over and over and over again. Money is wasted hand over fist with no remedy. People have been leaving DOS in droves. How are they to be interviewed by DOS IG?

How are we to have confidence in the DOS IG?
    Anyone even hear of the DOS IG, let alone an investigation?
    Second counsel. Please.

21. Pat Frederick says:

Anyone know what the “Woods Procedures” are?
    Grassley wants to go after Comey–he made that clear (to me) with his insistence for the second SC because the IG can’t interview those no longer employed with the gov’t. And the letter shows he’s annoyed with Comey’s answers and then failure to respond to requests by Grassley’s committee to explain those answers.
    He also seems mad about the way Flynn was treated and the details leaked.
    I like that cock-of-the-walk talk at the end by Grassley…”i going to use as much leverage as I can and I have a lot to get the job done…” go get ’em Chuck!

22. DocBurk says:

I just have one question. Do Sessions, President Trump, Nunes, and Grassley live on separate planets with no means of communication? Of course, I jest, but honestly, they act like they can’t just come right out and ask each other questions. They seem to have no clue what the others are doing. Ring, hey, ______, what’s up?

23. Charles says:

Whether there be another SC or an outside prosecutor, Mueller’s team will need to be interviewed. Ole Peter the super spy and lover was on his team after all. Oh boy….

24. Per Sundance’s question at the end about whether Grassley would get a different response: Grassley has more leverage with Sessions than Nunes. In fact, I thought it was weird when Sessions said he had great respect for Gowdy and Grassley, but failed to say the same for Nunes.

I, personally, don’t care for Sessions. Of course, Grassley has to say he thinks Sessions is doing a good job because he wants something from him. I also find it offensive that they keep threatening POTUS…if he does this, if he does that….don’t like it at all.

25. Mike diamond says:

Russia,Russia,Russia !!!!!! How about investigating the bad deal Obama did with Iran,how about the bill and Hillary pay for play charity!!!!how about the DNC computers!!! How about Debbie Wasserman Schultz computer??????and her side kick anwan????how about lorreta lynch private meeting with bill Clinton on her plane!!! James Comey!????on and on!!! Where is CNN!???? O I forget its all about Russia!!!!!this whole thing is a big scam on the american people !!!!!!and the liberal media keeps pushing the Russia story!!!!

26. Mike diamond says:

President Trump is the best President out of all of them!! Stand with President Trump!!!

27. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

I have to reread all of today’s postings and commentary. Its all confusing. Is today the day “something” starts? If so, I’ll hold off re-reading and just check new comments after 6pm!

28. DirtySanchez03 says:

oh shut up Grahamnesty….that guy licks his finger and sticks it in the air to see what way the wind is blowing before he has a thought.

29. TwoLaine says:

Poor Grassley. He has to work for a living, 3 days a week. WHAAAAA!

IF President TRUMP has to fire someone whose position requires another Senate confirmation, its your job to confirm them, PERIOD! GOT IT?! And it is none of your business who he fires. That is the President’s business, PERIOD. GOT IT?!

Work a little harder, like the rest of us, and quit whining!

30. william elbel says:

I recalled that there are five stages of grief for an impending death.

It has been 20 months since July 15, 2016 and it has taken that long for me to go through the 5 stages of grief for the acceptance of the death om my country.