Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the U.S. Department of Justice is filing an injunction to block enforcement of three California immigration laws, each enacted within the past year.

Summary of California Laws Being Challenged:

(Encapsulated from Fox News coverage)  ♦ One law offers additional worker protections against federal immigration enforcement actions. Senior Justice Department officials have said it’s prevented companies from voluntarily cooperating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials.

Employers are mandated under the law to demand ICE agents present a warrant or subpoena before entering certain areas of the premises, or when accessing some employee records. Some companies have complained they’ve felt torn between trying to comply with seemingly contradictory state and federal statutes, since penalties for non-compliance can be steep from both entities.

♦ The second law also known as “the sanctuary state bill” protects immigrants without legal residency by limiting state and municipal cooperation with the feds, including what information can be shared about illegal-immigrant inmates.

♦ A third law gives state officials the power to monitor and inspect immigrant detention facilities either run directly by, or contracted through, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Election 2018, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

417 Responses to AG Jeff Sessions Announces Lawsuits Against California Over Interference With Immigration Enforcement…

1. spindlitis says:

We have to start by taking back the cities in every single state. Do not allow the change to vote by mail only. Do not allow elections to be between the top two vote getters. Use paper ballots and insist on trueing the vote. Try your damndest to make sure your area doesn’t become trendy or desireable.

And there are people that are unhappy when folks from the West Coast move to your area. Some of them are good people and will fit right in. Welcome those folks. They’re keepers.

• PaulM says:

I live in a place that is mostly “folks from the West Coast”. They moved here to get out from under the taxes they had to pay as a result of their voting where they lived before. They vote the same way here and it’s going the same way. They will never understand.

• calbear84 says:

Hey I’m still stuck here in CA. Basically thrilled that the rule of law matters to our magnificent president. Man do we need it here.

• PaulM says:

As a clarification of what I posted above, The people who moved here are voting the same way because the liberals saw what was happening and had their own candidates move here also and change their registration to Republican. There’s a lot of people who don’t look any further than the letter next to the candidates name. I’ll bet good money this is happening across the country. An example here in Nevada is Dennis Hof the whorehouse owner. During the last election he was running “Hookers for Hillary” to raise money for clinton. After the election, he decided to run for assembly so he changed his registration to Repub because he knew that’s what he had to do to get elected. Most people don’t even investigate where a candidates been before.

• Cathy Molyneux says:

Same thing in my state but from NE states.

• Dabigragu says:

As a forth generation Native Californian I can tell you those who ruined California were not necessarily from California. History will tell you, California had a huge influx from back east many years ago. That’s why we eventually left. On a trip back last year, I literally had tears well up when I saw what they’ve done to one of the most beautiful states in the union.

Resist the temptation to put us all in one basket. I’ve met many natives of other states who fail to study come election time.

• I moved to central NC from Detroit. Whenever I encounter a newly-arrived ex-pat from ANYWHERE blue, I am very firm about learning the local ways before trying to “improve” them. My wife and I pay $600 / yr in property taxes. We have good schools and < 3 minute police response time. Our teachers just got a generous raise (way more than inflation) and the city is generous with wages across the board … when I had a sewer problem, they sent a total of TEN employees out to fix it and added a clean-out to the line (new code since it was installed). It wasn't the city's fault … turned out that I've got something so solidly stuck in the toilet I'll need to replace it.

When nothing is broken, more taxes won't fix it. We don't have more than a handful of homeless folks and there are two shelters / multiple feeding arrangements. NOBODY is freezing to death in the winter. EVERYBODY has access to a shower and toilets. We even have 24 apartments specifically reserved for homeless former military. We've got good roads, fishing, parks, senior citizen and low income housing, a municipal golf course and two public swimming pools, several tennis courts.

Thank you, but "we're good". Oh, and if you want something that Lowes or Walmart doesn't have, it's either at Laniers (almost always), or they can have it for you tomorrow or the day after, at the latest. Model planes? Got it. Left hand thingamjigits? Sure, what color? Four nails? Done. Oh, and a craft brewery and the best donuts on the planet made with loving care by some Cambodian refugees. Eventually, we'll have a train stop, bus stop, taxi stand all in one to match our local international airport. We've got two German groceries, Food Lion and a host of mom & pops left over from (no lie!) the 1930s.

The girls are pretty and friendly and the men are rugged and hard-working. The bad side of town would be better than about 75% of Detroit.

Sorry, but it's a ten minute drive to the gun range.

• Remington..... says:

Yeah, it’s called political asylum….

2. Ad rem says:

Lifetime Californian here. Let me introduce you to a personal friend of my family….Mr. Paul Chabot. He used to reside in Rancho Cucamonga, where he ran for the U.S. Congress and barely lost to a Mexican-American. He has since moved his family to Dallas, TX, and started up a very lucrative business in helping other blue-state evacuees start new lives in red states.

He was on the Fox Business channel this morning….

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

These “red” states have my sympathy. If you want to know what happens to a red state when it is invaded by “blue” state refugees, just look at Colorado. Too bad you can’t control your state’s borders.

• annieoakley says:

Agree

• Ad rem says:

I don’t think you get it. The people LEAVING blue states like California are mostly conservatives like you and I. Did you even watch the video?

• Gil says:

Lot of people think even you and I arent conservative. Not sure who they are seeing and meeting.

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

Its true. When I left VT it was getting weird. Now their Republican governor signs pot bill and tries for gun grab bill. World has gone mad.

• josco scott says:

I’m a 4th generation Californian. I’ve never had the slightest desire to leave my state. However, what the Democrats have done is an outrage. The lawlessness is destroying our beautiful state.

I don’t blame those of you in previously red states for hating Californians who leave b/c of the high costs and crime yet don’t understand that their progressive views are going to destroy their new home.

Arguing with NeverTrumpers during election taught me that they do not see that 8 years of Hillary would make America into California, and therefore NOT America and certainly not great.

Just a reminder: Our AG is the guy who gave law enforcement a fake server after Awan Brothers stole the data. He’s thoroughly corrupt. The speed at which he and others like him are now destroying CA is shocking.

Another reminder: Gloria Allred’s fake accuser, Nikki Diaz, was largely responsible for Meg Whitman’s loss and Jerry Brown’s win in 2010.

We’ve all got to fight corruption on every front.

• Bo Cat says:

I’ve lived in this state my whole life, have my 40th reunion this year. Ran a chemical plant here for 35 years, know the ends and outs of all the corruption in this state. I’ve never seen it as bad and ready to blow as right now, all it needs is a push……………

• Remington..... says:

…and let’s forget Oregon and Washington.

• Agreed. They have already screwed the big cities in NC … they voted out an EXCELLENT governor for a POC Democrat.

• MGBSE says:

…northern Virginia has always cheated to be blue – thousands of marylanders vote in Virginia too…but what finally turned all of Virginia blue was McCauliffe giving 40,000 convicted felons the right to vote!!!

• Sunshine says:

A brain drain. Very bad for California. All they’ll have left are brainless actors, illegal migrants, and failed Americans.

• josco scott says:

There are still quite a few patriots–Devin Nunes is ours– but we’re no match for the Motor Voter crop of illegal Democrats who allow the Ted Lieu’s and Adam Schiff’s into office.

• SharkDiver says:

In many cases, yes, but in the case of Colorado, where we live, the marijuana legalization was the big driver for immigration, so we ended up with much more blue than red.

• soozword says:

Like me who moved to SW Utah from CA last year. Lots of West Coast refugees here and I would say most are conservative but they don’t wear it on their sleeve for everyone to know. Visited a family yesterday I didn’t know well at all and wasn’t quite sure of their politics — until he showed us his barn where he had several Trump posters on the wall.

• Cathy Molyneux says:

NE red states persons migrating to the Gulf Coast states are Dems, remain Dems, vote Dem & have the attitude of dems (better than & think they’re smarter than everyone else). They move to the coast as taxes are much lower.

• Look at what has happened to Colorado, Florida, some cities in Texas….and here in Nebraska, we have Jane Kleeb, an outsider, causing all kinds of trouble. She was a Sanders supporter and Seth Rich worked for the Kleebs at one time.

“Early in her career, Kleeb became the Executive Director of the Young Democrats of America in Washington, DC. She took the reins of YDA at a time when the youth vote was on the decline. Along with an alliance of diverse groups ranging from Punk Voters to Stonewall Democrats, Jane created an innovate approach to elections that blended traditional and non-traditional methods of talking to young people at their homes and where they hang out.The youth vote hit historic highs under Kleeb’s leadership. Jane went on to be a co-founder of the DNC’s Youth Council bringing together YDA, CDA and other organizations to institutionalize youth engagement in the Democratic party.

Bringing people together in creative action is a goal of Jane’s throughout her career. She is responsible for such large actions like Reject and Protect where 12 tipis were placed on the National Mall, building a barn and various solar installations inside the proposed KXL route and hosting Nebraska’s largest advocacy concert, Harvest the Hope, in a corn field with Willie Nelson and Neil Young. Jane was one of the youngest Directors of an AmeriCorps project, worked to ensure eating disorders was included in the Mental Health Party bill and brought her communications skills to MTV as a Street Team Reporter and pundit on MSNBC and Fox News. Kleeb also served as the lead consultant on the award-winning HBO film “Thin” profiling families in the recovery process.

Serving in public office as both a Commissioner for National and Community Service and an elected Hastings School Board Member, Jane understands how to run for office and how to govern. She continues to serve as the President of the Bold Alliance and is a proud board member of Our Revolution.

Jane Kleeb lives in rural Nebraska with her husband Scott and three daughters–Kora, Maya and Willa.”

• You make no discernment between conservatives and hypocritical libtards moving in? You see no benefit to a Red state swelling its ranks with more conservatives? Dumb.

• logger says:

Well, not dumb. Back when Cedar City, Utah, was on my radar, I recall reading that, in the span of a decade, Californians had sold off their inflated houses moved to Cedar City and flooded the market. There was an immediate squeeze in housing inventory, driving up prices, with outsiders, flush with cash, in a race to buy their dreamhouse, a far larger footprint than their prior homes. Prices soared and Californians had the money to bid up, in cash, on houses that weren’t even built yet. Locals were screaming on CityData’s site, saying they grew up there but couldn’t afford to buy a home, and couldn’t afford to rent an apartment, as even that inventory was tight and in demand.
          So, not dumb, just wary and protective. Wouldn’t you be protective, too?
          I live in a secretive little ex-exurb of DC, with views of the valley, secluded and forested. You get an acre+ and a 3BD house for 200K, with property taxes <$1K a year. You won't go broke here, unless you like to gamble. Same folks complain about ATVs and gunshots. Same folks want to push a fee on the community to clean up a lake only a small % of people live near. Same folks have taken over the community form and chased off those with pragmatic, conservative views. Get where I'm going? I'm an outsider, but I'm conservative, and I know how to assimilate and not sh– where I sleep.

• logger says:

I skipped a point. After “unless you like to gamble” … meant to say:
            Newcomers from DC ask why we don’t have an HOA. Same folks want to push a fee on the community to clean up a lake only a small % of people live near. Same folks have taken over the community form and chased off those with pragmatic, conservative views. Get where I’m going? I’m an outsider, but I’m conservative, and I know how to assimilate and not sh– where I sleep.

• Dabigragu says:

Yes, it’s a shame when these Californians come into a new town with their pockets of money from their recently sold homes. I’ve yet to see the local folk selling their homes say “no, I’m going to sell for less $ to local folk”. Unfortunately, money always seems to talk to those selling their property, regardless of loyalties.

• If you don’t like the word dumb, then here’s a couple others: selfish and unappreciative. Don’t forget all the nuts that leave other states and flock to Ca. You’ve had to deal with housing market fluxuations? Welcome to reality. Native Californians have had to deal the dregs of your states for decades, ruining the once Golden State. The Dems have used then to build a new plantation/slave state. Don’t whine to me when your rejects run Ca into the ground and sane folks have enough and leave. Ca had a repatriation policy back in the 60’s, but that’s gone. I don’t other states clamoring to get back their dregs. If you get hardworking nom-Dem Americans back instead, isn’t that better? No? Then you’re welcome to take back your dregs.

• rf121 says:

Pack sand. Making generalized statements about everyone who leaves a blue state makes you look ignorant. Why the hell do you think we left.

• Dabigragu says:

Come on JoAnn, after all you have the Berkley of the Rockies there in Boulder, always has been. Let’s resist further division shall we? 😉

• cjzak says:

Excellent interview. What a different perspective people like these two give to the reality and truth about what’s going on in these crazy blue states. Much different story than the msm likes to spew. Thank you for posting this. Very reassuring to hear.

• Gil says:

He gets ripped in local press soooooo much. Lots of people went to Texas! I dont blame him for hanging it up here.

• Ad rem says:

He gets ripped because he’s a long-time voice against the legalization of drugs….specifically marijuana. He fought the good fight, but in the end, he has four kids under the age of ten to think about.

• singingsoul says:

I found that when one moves into a new state and town people are not very receptive except when one has kids. One is an outsider did not go to the same school or God forbid comes from the East Coast and is older.
          I do think conservatives benefit much to welcome new people who are conservative and look for a community. Sorry to say some churches are not welcoming either only to donate or work but not as truly part of the community.
          We can grow as a welcoming community and embrace new comers.

• Gil says:

No wonder! The cutesy pro pot articles and pro illegal articles in the papers are a daily occurrence. Nothing but stoners with pot cards for headaches everywhere.

• Sandra-VA says:

I watched a show about him a while back… made me want to move to Texas with his help 😀

Sounds like a great guy and a huge loss for California.

• jeans2nd says:

First cuz lives in Rancho Cucamonga. Is a wonder your friend was barely beaten in that election, if the city is like my cuz. Flaming elitist entitled SJW.

She does not speak to her white trash pistol-packin’ cuz, and all that, doncha know, even though she cannot come close to all the diploma wall hangings, patents, and pedigrees rotting in the file cabinet. Heck, she cannot even match the native-born Californian pedigree also stuffed in that file cabinet. Pffft.

Great vid, thx. Nice looking guy, too, very smart, impressive. Your friend sounds happy in Dallas. Have fam in one of those cities mentioned, Irving… 😉

• Ad rem says:

Dude lost by a little over 200 votes. I’m afraid the motor-voter registration of illegals is quickly making Repubs creatures of the past. Will the last conservative please turn out the lights…….

• calbear84 says:

I’ve been a small business owner in CA all my life. It’s not easy to survive here, but I’m optimistic for the future thanks to PDJT. Thanks for the video Ad Rem, Mr. Chabot certainly understands our plight on the left coast.

3. ristvan says:

Lurking Lawyer here. Cali’s response to the Sessions DoJ sanctuary lawsuit is mindbogglingly stupid political posturing. It may have to go to SCOTUS (being 9th Circuit legal Lala land) but the end outcome is clear.
    Article 1 section 8.4 of the Constitution says Congress SHALL HAVE THE POWER “To establish a uniform rule of Naturalization”, which has always therefore included entry (visas) and staying rights (green cards) as well as final naturalization requirements. The “uniform rule” part is precisely to prevent state to state inconsistencies. (Here, California freelancing on illegal alien sanctuary.) Congress most recently exercised that express power in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) of 1952 as subsequently amended. (The DACA issue would just be further amendments to INA 1952.) Constitution Article 6 section 2 (the supremacy clause) declares federal law supreme (overriding state law where in conflict). This is crystal clear where Congress has explicit Constitutional authority, as here. (Grey area SCOTUS interpretations of the supremacy clause in murky legal areas like commerce clause legislation are not applicable here.)
    Gov. Moonbeam, AG Becerra, and Sen. Harris are all licensed attornies. Unforgivable.

• KBR says:

Aside from the indictments Moonbeam, Beccara and Harris DESERVE for aiding and abetting Federal Crimes, and harbouring Federal Fugitives…

They should lose their licenses to practice law forever.

• Bull Durham says:

A good start.

California went from Paradise to Purgatory to Hell in five decades.

The Cult and the Corrupt have complete control.

Sessions has fired the first shot of the war to reclaim the runaway state and to drag it back into the Union.

• The Defiant One says:

Hey Bull, it always seemed to me the tipping point for California was around 92, when California turned Blue for Clinton and elected Boxer and Fienstien.

After that point the Mental Diseased Libtards got more blatant and the GOPe here got more timid.

• logger says:

And “California conservatives” started moving out to Utah and Texas.

• The Defiant One says:

Sadly I couldn’t move out due to career choices and having family here for generations!

Also I don’t like being run out of my birth state by mentally unbalanced liberal hypocrites.

Funny story about my home city of San Francisco… Liberals love harping about the poor and downtrodden. Yet in San Francisco the poor and downtrodden are constantly being stepped on my the very same Liberals. Basically the situation mirrors DACA, the Liberals give lip service but don’t really want to fix the situation.

I’m hoping that with the threat of jail time for the Libtard politicians like Libby-tarded Shaft (Oakland’s Mayor who I won’t even bother trying to find the correct spelling), a mixture of Deportations and Illegals leaving on their own and 7 more years of Pres. Trump California will regain it’s sanity!

• chiefworm says:

Bull, I’d just as soon have California secede and the “Great State of Jefferson” come into being using the northern most part of California and the southern-third of Oregon. Let Komifornia hang out to dry and when they beg to come back into the union (and they will), designate them a non-voting “territory”.

• Lucille says:

It’s emotionally satisfying in a way to hope that California removes itself from the Union what with all the illegalities going on there. But, of course, no one is seriously thinking of the ramifications of such a terrible happening. Putting any kind of positive spin on such a move is mad.

California remains–whether one likes it or not–#1 for the U.S. in agriculture. Secession would mean food prices going through the roof. CA could actually survive on its own better than one would think. It has a GDP which is #6 in the world. How it continues to function and maintain these two positions is due to the incredible capitalist economic engine even the lefties rely upon, though they are trying to destroy it (amazingly hypocritical and brainwashed stupid).

CA contains 30 military installations, including the largest in the USMC–Camp Pendleton, plus seven federally funded facilities. I doubt that anyone would want another Fort Sumter.

Sure we’d like to see the feds work quicker and immediately put in cuffs all legislators and governmental officials breaking the law in CA. Wouldn’t it be wiser to set up the cases first? We’re not viewing a TV series.

• VickyD says:

My thought exactly!!

• singingsoul says:

I cannot believe California was allowed to separate itself as much as it has from the governing of the Union. It almost seems they wanted to be their own country or even leave the Union to join Mexico.
          This will be hart to pull them back since some people do not have a clue that they are violating laws.

• Dave Radetsky says:

They were “allowed” because the UniParty has controlled everything and they wanted California to lead the entire country down the same path.

• mztore says:

I’ll tell you all that that is what the mexicans that live in kalifornia want. They have school organizations to teach them that in almost every high school in the state. The ones who are here in the U.S. legally don’t want the illegals here, but those who are not legal demand everything they can, and say “we, the United States” stole CA and OR from them and they want it back….any way they can get it.

• You left out Holder … hired specifically to fight the President.

4. Watcher says:

Sanctuary anything is not law but a local policy started by the sanctuary movement in the United States in the 1980s, which itself is inspired from church sanctuary practices.

• singingsoul says:

Yes I am aware the church shoulder a lot of the blame concerning sanctuary. When I was involved in Presbyterian women group I saw first had how they supported sanctuary houses. When I was elected to Synod o I truly found out what was up. I saw clashes between conservative and liberal women. The liberal woman took over and they were militant. I did not wanted to be reelected because goal was different from theirs. Spiritual development was not very import and to many. I felt it had become more of an activist group then what it was intended.
      Yes we can thank churches for some the problem.

• Dave Radetsky says:

I will challenge that and say it’s the liberal churches that can be thanked. Those that have remained conservative, which are a minority in number, hold strictly to the same views those of us here have. You mentioned the Presbyterian church. It depends on which Presbyterian denomination. There is more than one. At least one is very conservative and would not go along with sanctuary of illegals against American law. We have to understand that just because a church says it teaches what the Bible says does not mean that it does. The vast majority twist God’s Word and will be held accountable on judgment day.

• churchmouse says:

Yes, but singingsoul no doubt entered the women’s group on honest terms in good faith.

It does not seem she blames all Presbyterian — or church — groups involving women.

That said, some church groups are guilty of what she says.

• EVERY church teaches strictly from the Bible. Or so they say. I give up … I’ve tried a bunch and they are all liars, so, at 65, I’m “outta there”. I’ve read the Bible multiple times in multiple translations and I am absolutely convinced that NONE of them preach the Gospel of the Christ.

• logger says:

Look up the Kino Border Initiative – it’s Jesuits for illegal immigrants. They don’t answer to any government, only the Pope, so they are part of the problem.

• Dave Radetsky says:

The Jesuits, contrary to what many understand, are basically communist.

• Remington..... says:

That’s correct, Dave….There is tons of history with stinkin’ Jesuits. Also think about moonbeam Brown, the brothers Podesta, John and Tony, Kaine – the beasts bpd candidate….and of course, the make believe pope.

5. paulraven1 says:

I’m not clear we need to go through the courts. These are clear violations of federal immigration law, no? Why not put these cities under a federal receivership or oversight of some type and simply wrest control of the immigration procedure and management.

• georgiafl says:

Very interesting question.

• Whatever the DOJ does, CA will sue – inevitable! Wouldn’t this action just skip a couple of those steps by going directly to the courts? Just thinking out loud…..

• joninmd22 says:

Sessions decided to dither some more.

• georgiafl says:

Don’t bet on it.

• Heika says:

I agree joninmd22. Same pattern. Pressure on to do ‘something’ so he chooses an option that is light touch and will go slow. He is timid. So conservative he is not fit for the tough executioner Trump needs to back him to get his work done. Nunez and the guys are an example of who has the balls to do stand up to the fire, not Sessions, sorry guys, I know you believe in him, but na…
        I’m not a Sessions fan. I think he is the guy in the way.

• amwick says:

I think our AG is doing things so that no one is injured. You don’t want this to come down to some kind of confrontation?? No one would win then… He is a by the books guy I suppose. CA put bad laws on their books… our AG is asking for them to be removed.. actually they are praying for them to be declared invalid It is right there on page 17, go look..I know that is a legal phrase, but I tickles me… PRAYER FOR RELIEF

• Bonitabaycane says:

Sessions is focused on illegal immigration and in turn, Sanctuary cities. With this lawsuit, our AG has fired a clear shot against the legal authority of Sanctuary cities and the issue of immigration enforcement. Most importantly, this is a Constitutional issue involving the Supremacy Clause. The issue is federal immigration law, which authority the Constitution has delegated to the feds, so the feds are in the right and California is in the wrong. We are on very solid legal ground here IMO.

• Sharon says:

“You don’t want this to come down to some kind of confrontation??”

Seriously? Make avoidance of confrontation a norm when dealing with lawbreaking??

The illegals and the killers, the embezzlers and the smugglers will love that.

I want confrontation. It’s the only that may ever save this nation, and in fact, it may already be too late.

• mimbler says:

Yes, I would have liked the confrontation of arresting and charging the political leaders executing these sanctuary policies for obstruction of justice.

Win or lose, they would then have skin in the game.

Meanwhile his current strategy could be running in the background.

• Oldschool says:

Exactly PR. And those elected officials who violated laws should have been charged. This is a lot of costly taxpayer funded nothing.

• I think Don is trying to apply pressure prior to waking in in body armor with armored personnel carriers.

Not that those are entirely ruled out, of course, but just that he doesn’t want to play the high card first. Besides which, if he can start by squeezing CA and end up where he wants to be, then other states, seeing the squeeze begin, will cave that much more readily.

The point being that we are trying to enforce the law on lawbreakers accustomed to getting away with their misdeeds and that we ought to continue until we get compliance with federal law.

6. GenEarly says:

California is in the progreSSive process of secession from the USA. A President Lincoln would invade with the Army, burn cities, destroy crops and farms until Governor Moonbeam and the Prog DemocRats unconditionally surrender. Then comes the “swallow the dog” pledges for all of the rebellious citizens, while Illegals get deported muy rapido.

• You are basically calling for martial law……is that what we really want? Are we at that point? IMO, no.

• Bull Durham says:

I live in California,have for 48 yrs, my kids and grandson are here.
        I’d love to see the military take apart Sacramento and several of the largest counties.
        They are stripping our Bill of Rights, stealing our wealth and destroying a major asset of the USA.

They are slow secessionists. They need to be defeated with hard steel.

Yes. Bring the 102nd and the Marines.

There are 10 million illegals here. Clean them out.

• davidb says:

I think you and I were almost neighbors until I moved to boundary County Idaho. Im from Stockton, Lodi, San Andreas areas.

• Remington..... says:

Can I get a big AMEN….you want to get there attention? Let them know you’re serious. Th ooh s is the way. Like all stinkin’ liberals, if the action is intense, they’ll be running around looking for someone to surrender to.

Enough..

• Not yet. And hopefully things will not progress to that point. If they do, expect a general insurrection. We need a progression of capitulations, not a conflagration from one shore to the other.

• georgiafl says:

The progressive-Marxists in California might like to secede, but they can’t.

See JohnP’s comment here: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/07/march-7th-2018-presidential-politics-trump-administration-day-412/comment-page-3/#comment-5093447

No burning cities/crops for Trump/Sessions (Nunes would not go for that) but they will forcefully restore law and order and you can bet it shall be done.

• JohnP says:

I have always said that Jeff Sessions reminded me of Alexander Stephens. Today he proved that.

• From KrisAnne Hall:

“Headline: DOJ sues California over immigration laws… only that’s not exactly the way we should deal with California’s continued violation of the Constitutional Compact.

The Constitution is a legal contract between the States, specifically called a compact. This fact has been ignored for decades and has been subverted by deception and denial of testimony given by the drafters of the Constitution. The federal government is the product of that compact, not a party to it. When a party of a contract is violating the terms of that contract it is not the reaponsibility of the product to seek remedy, it is the duty that rests upon the other parties.

California is a party to the Constitution with 49 other States. When California is creating laws establishing terms by which immigrants can obtain the benefits of citizenship, it is violating the terms of that agreement. In this situation, the injured parties are the other States, not the federal government. Therefore, it is incumbant upon those injured States to seek proper remedy and correction of California’s breech of contract.

The States, individually and collectively, should submit to California a petition demanding that California end their illegal practice and comply with the contract they agreed to when they joined the Union. If California refuses to become compliant with the compact, the States should then issue sanctions, both political and financial against California. If California still defies the terms of the compact, the States, individually and as a whole, should sue California for breech of contract and seek rememdy. The proper remedy could be nationally imposed sanctions and ultimate separation from the Union through denial of contractual benefits as a punishment for continued breech of contract.

It is the duty of the States to bring suit. It the duty of the States to seek remedy. It is the duty of the federal governement to employ enforcement of the contract as the contract demands.

California is acting illegally, there can be no dispute. As parties to this agreement, if California is displeased with the terms of the contract, it is not proper for California to simply ignore and defy those terms. The are two remedies available for California. First, they can seek to renegotiate the contract, renegotiation is achieved through Article V of the Constitution. The second remedy is for California to voluntarily leave the Union, agreeing they can no longer submit to the terms of contract. Under no terms of law or Constitution is California allowed to continue to be in breech of the National Compact without consequence.”

7. “SAN FRANCISCO — The Trump administration will not immediately have to award California a grant being withheld over concerns the state is a sanctuary for people in the country illegally, a federal judge said Monday.

The amount of money at issue – $1 million – was relatively small and was at this point only delayed, not denied, U.S. District Judge William Orrick said. While he rejected the state’s request for a preliminary injunction to turn over the money, he also rejected a request by the U.S. Department of Justice to dismiss California’s lawsuit.

The judge said the suit raised “weighty and novel constitutional issues” that would benefit from additional argument.

Many cities in the U.S., and some states, have implemented so-called sanctuary laws encouraging law enforcement to focus resources on local crime rather than detaining people suspected of being in the country illegally. Defenders of the practices say they improve public safety by promoting trust among law enforcement and immigrant communities and reserve scarce police resources for urgent crime-fighting needs.”

• wheatietoo says:

“…only delayed, not denied”

I wish the Trump administration would do that with all the Fed money going to California…and the other sanctuary cities, as well.

Just delay all payments.
      Hold it ‘in trust’ until they cease their unlawful policy of defying our Immigration Law.

• Heika says:

That would be real action… fearless action – then send in the sheriffs to arrest that mayor. Simple. Na… they have to make it a lawyers feast which will go on for years and years with no results.

8. Janeka says:

If California want to be a nation in and of itself that fine with me. We can start with allowing a vote to see which areas want to stay then cut off all funding to those that want to have their own laws and sovereignty.. Their current behavior and sponsorship as criminal protection state is a danger to the rest of the country..

• ristvan says:

Once admitted to the United States, there is no exit. Civil War established that. Once in the United States, the Constitution of the US rules supreme. A territory agrees to that when applying for statehood, and the deal is sealed when Congress votes to admit that territory. (The original 13 states agreed by individually ratifying the Constitution their representatives had drafted.)
      See my comment above on how that plays out legally for former territory California. You don’t need a full 2L year of conlaw at Harvard to figure it out (although I had the full 2L year of conlaw there under Larry Tribe and graduated with honors). Just need to have handy a copy of the Constitution.

• ristvan says:

Addendum. I was speaking from memory, and just looked up the conlaw. In Texas v. White, SCOTUS ruled that unilateral succession was unconstitutional. Civil War is precedent. Whether succession by mutual consent is possible (and what mutual consent would mean) is uncharted legal territory. BUT Constitution Article 6 section 3 makes it fairly clear that ‘mutual consent to succeed’ woild itself be unconstitutional, as it requires all federal and state officers to uphold it and the Preamble states, “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union…”

• Rob Allison says:

You’re right that you just need a copy of the Constitution. It’s not that hard to understand… unless you’re a Democrat.

Good for you that you escaped Larry Tribe’s liberal teachings to end up where you are. While he certainly knows a lot, he also allows politics and feelings to govern his views too much in my opinion. It’s too bad that Harvard isn’t what it once was, even though they’d have people believe that there is nowhere else. I admire people who got through there but I certainly wouldn’t allow my kid to go there these days.

• Rud Istvam says:

Both my kids got through the College (undergrad) and one also got through HBS grad school. The other is a Vanderbilt trained layer.They both think I am too liberal. Must have been well raised by their mother. Or something. Regards from this lurking lawyer.

• covfefe999 says:

There’s no way we should give up that land. Let the special snowflakes find another country to live in. Maybe they should move to Venezuela, seems like their kind of country.

9. Greg says:

Remember how Obama treated Gov Brewer when she legislated in Arizona to control illegal immigration. The courts then indicated that Federal law trumped state law. Of course the left now promotes a state’s right to legislate on immigration.

• Ken Lawson says:

And if this goes through the courts and hits the 9th Circuit, I’d be shocked if they didn’t side with California. Ultimately it should end up at SCOTUS and it’s a fairly solid guess that they will support Sessions. But our courts are not solid and we shouldn’t bank on anything until it happens.

• Its called moving the goal posts and outright making it up to suit yourself as you go along. Its disgusting and is what we have been dealing with for decades.

• rashomon says:

The Zero was and continues to be a Big 0 in the areas of manners and knowledge of the law, which he stepped on at every opportunity during his reign as monarch of the country. Enough said.

10. burnett044 says:

an attempt to break the Union……that happened once…caused a hell of a lot of death
    T hey called it the Civil War….be careful what ye ask for….

11. frjas says:

The irony here is that Session’s case will be THAT much stronger because of Obama’s prevailing lawsuit against Jan Brewer and the state of Arizona! #sweetjustice!

• Apollo says:

Sweet irony indeed. If it’s not permitted for a state to enforce federal law… surely it’s also not permitted for a state to actively hamper the enforcement of federal law!

12. Did Eric Holder wring his hands about helicoptering into Ferguson or other cities and compelling resignations of civic officials? Or getting them to knuckle under to “mutual”agreements?

Here in the case of immigration, there is clear outlawry, so why not use the Holder approach?

13. mari says:

How dare Jerry Brown threaten civil war against the United States because they want to protect their criminal aliens! They are edging closer to an open insurrection and rebellion. It’s time to put an end to this before the blood of innocents starts flowing through the streets. Block all roads leading into and out of California. Decertify the state, INVADE, CONQUER, revert it to a federal territory and BREAK IT UP. Arrest everyone in state government put them in front of military tribunals. Shut down every university in the state. Finally DEPORT, DEPORT, DEPORT. Lock up their seditious politicians elected on the whims of foreign nationals and make an example for any other state who might get any ideas to break our Federal Laws.

• Rob Allison says:

While my heart loves what you’re saying, not only will that not happen, it would start a nation-wide civil war with battles on too many fronts. That’s certainly something America doesn’t need. Frankly, the only real solution (and it won’t happen) would be to split the country and let the leftists move to the blue area and the rest of the people move to the red area. Let them survive on their own. The divisions in this country are too big for it to ever heal. We’d do much better separated than together. Of course, that will never happen either. But this stuff is a perfect example of why Trump will accomplish much during his terms but won’t have time to get everything done. And without another Trump to follow him, there is a big chance things could go just like they did after Reagan. We need to learn our lessons well and raise our children to pick up where we leave off.

• freddy says:

that is exactly what is happening here in CA. It’s a radical takeover of the largest state with the use of illegal immigrants to flood the zone….Scolding these people is useless jeff. Handcuffs for that mayor and for that sheriff in Florida. Stop acting like a wuss..

14. georgiafl says:

15. freddy says:

This is what I fear about Jeff. He tells that radical whacked out mayor she should be ashamed. She isn’t jeff she is proud resistance and anti American hoping to overwhelm the country with Democrats who don’t know any better. NO NO ….When you hit out at radicals and liberal progressives you do not scold them and let it all fade away in the 9th circuit. I live in So Cal those guys she is helping are the worst in the world believe me. They live a few blocks from here. All that happened is the hornets nest got stirred and the 51/50 politicians got crazier…….Pleas when you attack knock them out these are dangerous radicals…….

16. God bless AG Session’s aggressiveness in defending our country against the illegal alien invasion – and that’s just what it is. Too bad he has not shown the same degree of enthusiasm in ferreting out corruption within the FBI and DOJ. As PDJT says: SAD

• Dave Radetsky says:

I think it may be a bit naive to say he doesn’t have the same degree of enthusiasm. The fact is we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. The FBI and DOJ issues may be being handled this way, including Trump’s comments, to set the stage for something. Everything Trump does and doesn’t do is for a reason. I think all the hand wringing about Sessions really boils down to lack of faith in Trump. I think we’re much better off giving Trump the benefit of the doubt and waiting to see what happens. When you only know a small portion of the story it’s unwise to assume you know what’s going on.

17. georgiafl says:

Sessions had a busy day – he released all the Fast & Furious records – in answer to Holder’s and Obama’s taunts and false claim that their tenure in office had no scandal.

Let’s hope this is the first of many releases of documents exposing Ø and his regime’s perfidies.

18. logger says:

Much speculation … but this could cause a split in California (coastal blue v. interior red) that can only be resolved by a two-state solution. That would be a win for conservatives besieged by progressive policies in that state. And that would resolve the electoral conundrum. And that would effectively end the liberal bullies in that state, reducing their power – they would be tin gods over a criminal element, as even liberals could not pay the steep price to stay in a welfare state.
    Could be the beginning of the end.
    Also, on an unrelated note, we need to break up the DC monopoly of centralized agencies. Of all the places I’ve lived in this country, even San Francisco, DC is the most recession-resistant of them all, yet has some of the greatest income inequality, something liberals claim to care about. Anyway, the federal government needs to spread that wealth around – to flyover country. It would make my corner of the world slightly less valuable, but it is the right thing to do. I hope they do it. Break up the liberal strongholds, break up the monopolies, end the progressives’ bullying.

• covfefe999 says:

Illinois has the same problem. But the solution isn’t a split, the solution is to force people to follow the laws. Those who are profoundly unhappy can try to change the laws through proper procedures..

19. Speaking of Tariffs and Nullifications.
    Some folks would argue that the Civil War began with SC attempting to “nullify” the Tariffs of 1828. Authorization to send troops to SC to force compliance was obtained. But political compromises were made to persuade SC to go along. Vice President Calhoun developed the outline for a Nullification Theory that SC eventually turned into a state law.
    Some would also argue that the author of Federalist 86 (Publius II) provided a strong argument for a states ability to “nullify” a “federal law”.

However, the Supreme Court, aided by the outcome of the Civil War and Article VI , Section 2 of the Constitution, ruled that the individual state could not nullify a federal law.

So for those of us who were born in the Carolina’s and lived most of our lives here, it should only be “fair and just” for California, and other “Sanctuary States” to feel a very real direct threat to their existence for willfully ignoring Federal Law. As well, those “sanctuary cities” here in NC should pay close attention to these events, both past and present, as well.

Failing to enforce laws that are enacted to protect the Sovereignty of the Nation and the safety of the public is not excusable under any circumstance. Anyone that wishes to associate the plight of “undocumented immigrants” with Slavery, Jim Crow laws, and exclusion of Civil Rights is not only incorrect, but also advocating for the complete loss of Sovereignty and Citizenship. Or more simply put, the Premeditated Overthrow of the United States.

20. Lucille says:

Chuck Woolery reacts to California’s quality of life ranking

21. mashall says:

ICE has Safe Spaces for illegal Aliens from arrest known by .govspeak as “Sensitive Locations”

Locations treated as sensitive locations under ICE policy would include, but are not be limited to:
    Schools, such as known and licensed daycares, pre-schools and other early learning programs; primary schools; secondary schools; post-secondary schools up to and including colleges and universities; as well as scholastic or education-related activities or events, and school bus stops that are marked and/or known to the officer, during periods when school children are present at the stop;
    Medical treatment and health care facilities, such as hospitals, doctors’ offices, accredited health clinics, and emergent or urgent care facilities;
    Places of worship, such as churches, synagogues, mosques, and temples;
    Religious or civil ceremonies or observances, such as funerals and weddings; and
    During a public demonstration, such as a march, rally, or parade.

Enforcement actions covered by this policy are apprehensions, arrests, interviews, or searches, and for purposes of immigration enforcement only, surveillance

This ‘kid-glove’, politically correct, half-a**** policy is why we have been flooded with illegal aliens for all these years. Imagine any other criminal having a “Sensitive Location” to escape to avoiding arrest or questioning or being searched? This is simply a policy of partial non-enforcement.

Read up on it, Spread the word to your fellow citizens and MAGA
    Wake up America!
    Time to Shine!

22. SteveC says:

That meeting and announcement should have included video of the Mayor of Oakland being taken into custody.
    A lawsuit? There are existing federal laws that have been broken by state and local officials. Prosecute them now.
    I was born and raised in this schumerhole and have watched all my Conservative friends leave the state since the late 1980s.
    Enforcing the rule of law is the only way to start to fix Kalifornia. Too bad so many are afraid of that; not doing it is far riskier.

23. simicharmed says:

I really appreciate hearing FACT to matters – THIS>>>”“There is no nullification. There is no secession. Federal law is ‘the supreme law of the land.’ I would invite any doubters to Gettysburg,
    and to the graves of John C. Calhoun and Abraham Lincoln,” Jeff Sessions

24. Rud Istvam says:

Confirmation. Both just prevoius posts are still awaiting moderation. Everything beyond just needing to read a copy of the Constitution. Not good form. The orher side does this regularly. Disappointed, so will take more legal traffic elsewhere. Your possible loss, my certain gain.

25. kinthenorthwest says:

Does Pelosi need her blankie..
    “People Will Not Be Bowed,” Pelosi Explodes After Trump Admin Drops Hammer on California Lawmakers Protecting Illegal Aliens

26. David says:

Lawsuits go on for years. If Sessions had a set and actually cared about the alien INVASION he would have all government officials responsible for “sanctuary cities” arrested and charged with treason for aiding and abetting the INVASION of the USA. He would just do it unannounced, put them all in jail. Then if the leftist agenda driven judges wanted to object they would have to deal with arrest and charges that had already been made. At the very least these traitors could sit in jail for years while the legal process slowly proceeded.

The PC use of the word immigrant in any way, shape or form should never be allowed when discussing this INVASION of the USA across the Mexican border. It is IMPOSSIBLE to immigrate into a country with laws and borders except by their legally defined methods for immigration. Come in by other means and you are not an immigrant you are an INVADER and should be treated as such.

27. Robert says:

Totally agree David. This shit has got to stop. Why in the world are law- abiding citizens held to higher standard, being charged and committed to prison if something done wrong, all while illegals and criminals aren’t held to law’s standards? Its because of the high position government officials NOT following the law. They are committing crimes. They are not following the law. They should absolutely be arrested charged and convicted. I’m so sick of it. This shit has got to stop or war will be inevitable.