The most dangerous time for a rescue swimmer is the moment he reaches a desperate drowning man…

Former FBI Director James Comey is sending out signals for anyone to back him up. He’s desperate.  The sunlight is too intense now.  Note the inherent elitist perspective he openly transmits toward being “independent”, or put another way: “above the law”.

The mindset here is the same he carried while in office. That mindset claims the FBI is above scrutiny, a system of law unto itself, and we must blindly owe it respect. THAT is exactly the view that fertilizes the seeds of politicization of offices.  His arrogant and condescending viewpoint is exactly what allowed FBI gross misconduct to happen.

Contrast that perspective with Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, one of the two representative committees that hold oversight over the FBI and DOJ.

Years of being held hostage to the ‘James Comey view’ (Obama, Jarrett, Holder, Yates) has crushed many people under the weight of ‘Battered Electorate Syndrome’.  However, though we might not yet want to admit it, we are winning now.  Righteousness is rising.  Deception is on its heels… there are more of us than them.

Solidarity !  The Potemkin Village is collapsing. Toto Trump has pulled back the curtain. Accept the winning…. My God, you -above all others- deserve these moments to enjoy.

We’ve got ’em surrounded.

Remember, the strategy to unveil the entire apparatus of the scheme involves some key wolverines on our side.  House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, and ultimately the DOJ Office of Inspector General Michael Horowitz.

Just like the Administration, each congressional combat wolverine now has a role; each has a goal; each part they target builds to the larger picture.

Today, Chairman Grassley takes on Glenn Simpson and Fusion GPS:

In the op-ed, Simpson and Fritsch called on Republicans to release the full transcripts of their testimony to three congressional panels, including the Senate Judiciary Committee, “so that the American people can learn the truth.”

That drew a swift rebuke from Grassley. A spokesman for the senator said it was Simpson that had insisted “that the transcript be kept confidential,” adding that an invitation for Simpson to testify in public “remains on the table.”

“Senator Grassley provided Fusion GPS an opportunity for transparency six months ago when he invited the firm to publicly testify at an open committee hearing. Mr. Simpson declined,” said Grassley spokesman Taylor Foy in a statement.

“When faced with a subpoena from the Chairman and Ranking Member, Mr. Simpson refused to provide public testimony, using his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to negotiate for a closed-door interview,” he added.

Grassley said in August that he believed the transcripts would ultimately be released, while cautioning that “it takes a long time for the court reporter to get it ready to go.”

… “[Fusion] has still not responded to dozens of follow-up questions or responded sufficiently to document requests. Without that cooperation, the record is incomplete. And it took a bipartisan subpoena from Chairman Grassley and Ranking Member Feinstein to achieve what little cooperation the committee has received through a transcribed interview,” Foy said in a statement to The Hill.

“Second, it is false that Fusion GPS has ‘consistently supported the release of the transcript’. Mr. Levy is recorded by the court reporter as saying during the interview, ‘We’d like to make a request that it be kept confidential given the sensitivity of the matters discussed today,’” Grassley’s spokesman continued.

Foy added that it is “disappointing that the attorneys for Fusion GPS choose to spend their time issuing press statements instead of cooperating with the committee.”  (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Clinton(s), Cold Anger, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Election 2016, FBI, Jeff Sessions, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

264 Responses to Desperate Comey Sees Scheme Unraveling – And Chuck Grassley Enters Righteous Foray…

1. All Too Much says:

Comey does not want Grassley asking I’m any more questions, with or without the documents.
    Grassley has the documents, and the next time he talks to Comey, there won’t be a time limit on his questioning as there was here. Grassley will be a bear next time.

• GOD I can not stand this lack of coherence or lack of any type of legitimate investigatory practices… AS IF the FBI is actually so inept… if they are DISBAND THEM IMMEDIATELY. I have been interviewed by the FBI years ago regarding a neighbor applying for US atty. I would have laughed out loud at them had anything such as this taken place anytime prior to them knocking on my door, rest assured I would never answer a question EVER AGAIN from these hacks nor would I contact them with any type of concern which could have any political connection.

• scott says:

At least we have a very good demonstration of the multi-tiered Justice system with all of this. If any of us is investigated it’s done by some unknown drone that resides in a multi-person cubicle in some dark corner. The Hildebeast gets the highest echelons who decide prior to the investigation to exonerate her and concentrate on gathering the evidence to make it happen.

• covfefe999 says:

6:10 “Operation Mid-Year”???? And this was randomly chosen? Comey is a scumbag. Lie after lie after lie.

• BigMamaTEA says:

BWHAHAHahahahahhahah! Bite-me…Comey you arrogant azz-wipe!

AllTooMuch, there will be time limits, those are the Committee Rules. BUT; you are correct….Grassley does have the documents.

• TwoLaine says:

Mid Year Exam. His explanation is as B.S. now as it was the first time I heard it. The YUGE grin on his face tells you all you need to know. They all tho’t they were pulling one over on us and got their chuckles off on it. The tarmac in AZ is where the Mid Year Exam took place.

2. emet says:

Coincidence? July 2016 Aaron Rouse, Chief of Clandestine Operations within FBI Counterintelligence is appointed by Comey to SAC Las Vegas.

• MM says:

I found that to be a bit bothersome.
      LV has went poof.
      I cannot find any news of what happened in Vegas.
      I do believe our President knows what happened
      and why it happened so we will know at some point.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Yes, I too find that appointment troubling, to say the least. LV is a black hole.

• Blacksmith8 says:

Do you have the suspicion that PDJT knows because he has friends in other nations (Israel, Saudi…) intel and they want him apprised of the situation for his and their own safety?

I suspect that since the peanut farmer all my waxing poetically about the FBI and the CIA has been little more than juvenile ranting about James Bond and Elliot Ness.

• Bendix says:

LV was a white man, after meticulous planning and the clandestine movement of a yuge amount of weapons, suddenly snapping because of his anger over losses at video poker.

• AsksTooManyQuestions says:

Good point, @emet.

I don’t believe in coincidences.

• Don’t leave out Sheriff Lombardo’s involvement with the Bundy fiasco, as well as LV.

3. Sunshine says:

Two issues in life sustain these people: Money and power. You can have one or the other, it doesn’t mean you have both. But if you have power and you get into trouble, you’ll lose money. Not a pretty story.

4. Donna in Oregon says:

Comey is trying for an insanity plea.

5. omyword says:

Man….after all this time, I don’t want to hear the labor pains, just show me the baby!

6. Old Lady says:

Comey’s grand words are to his minions to keep him/them propped up.

But if I had been involved in that group, right now I would be thinking, shut the heck up Comey. It’s my skin I’m worried about now, not yours–it’s all there and they’ve got it–they know what we’ve done.

7. llady says:

Not buying the delay due to court reporter. This is not the 80s. They can get a day’s testimony with a word use index in a day or two MAX. Court reporting is high tech. Ordered hundreds of expedited transcripts myself. BS.

• joninmd22 says:

It’s a warning from Grassley

• llady, exactly my thoughts. I appeared before a judge and and kinda gave a 2 hour biography of my life and the court reporter emailed me the entire – “Court is in session” to “that is the last thing I have in my mind as proud citizien of this nation”. Wondering if Grassley is not up-to-date regarding the current timelines and still stuck with the time frames of 80s.

8. Steve in Lewes says:

Comey – One arrogant SOB!!!

9. Mickturn says:

Mr. Comey, with NO respect to you, You’re a Political Thug, that is clear. Who do you think you are to be above scrutiny? That Unmitigated Arrogance is what has led America to the sad state we are in now. I hope that, very soon, YOU will be in PRISON with all the Obama Thugs you hang out with for all the illegal things you all did!

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

All these mid-level upward Democrat operatives inside the system figure they are untouchable. Already planned, they will use “the Nuremberg Defense . . . I was just following orders.” It worked for some back then and they got them minimal sentences. Didn’t work for the higher-ups though; still, few of them received the max penalty.

10. El Torito says:

Great writings, Sundance. Without CTH, I would have lost what’s left of my mind a few years ago. For that I thank you and all Treepers. With that, I just want to caution all – including myself – that we are warring with pure EVIL. We cannot pop corks every time we make a small gain. The evil that got a leg up during the previous administration and decades prior will take years to destroy, and must be destroyed completely and permanently, with apparatus put in place to make sure it never happens again.

While I take comfort with everyone in the small victories, something inside me screams that we must stay focused and remain emotionally invested in the long war for as long as it takes. Not saying that we aren’t, just saying we must.

11. littlebird160 says:

12. Bob Thoms says:

“My God, you -above all others- deserve these moments to enjoy.”

Thanks SD, I needed to hear that.

13. wolfmoon1776 says:

Sundance is unveiling a brilliant insight into Comey – this point about Comey’s mindset – but it is also extremely scary, because it shows how SMART the choice of Comey was, and how CUNNING the mental manipulation of Comey was – from the very beginning. In fact, I believe that Comey’s own self-deception was a critical part of the plot to get Hillary Clinton back into the White House, and somebody understood exactly how to play it like a musical instrument – LONG BEFORE he was even nominated. Comey may even have been selected and raised up early in his career precisely because he had this flaw.

I believe that Comey’s mindset was already more than nascent, but that the CIA-backed media helped inflate it by emphasizing the mythology of nation-saving Comey, whose role in the Ashcroft business was not just used to sell the American people on Comey, but to sell Comey himself on the very idea that the worst part of his existing mindset was in fact the best. Comey is now a martyr for a tragic idea that was beloved under communist plant Obama and his henchwoman Crooked Loretta Lynch, but is on further examination a tragic reminder that Comey was USED.

This is a reminder to everybody. The people we oppose are THAT GOOD AT BEING BAD.

14. littlebird160 says:

This is all fine and dandy, and I’m certainly glad it’s being exposed and disinfected, but what about the weaponization of the damned IRS? What about the elitist and arrogant John Koskinen, and the smug.Lois Lerner? Talk about agency that is totally out of control!

• AsksTooManyQuestions says:

So many agencies, so few prosecutions.

But don’t give up hope. Sometimes it takes me a bit to get going on my housecleaning, but once I do,watch out! One thing leads to another and the next thing I know, there’s a big pile of garbage ready to be taken out!

15. itsy_bitsy says:

James Comey betrayed the citizens of this country! He deserves the harshest sentence possible.

16. johnfkennedy63 says:

Anyone else notice Comey’s quote of Martin Luther? As a Catholic, I find the use of a quote from an Apostate, renegade Augustinian Catholic priest, who broke his multiple public vows to God and Church, most telling.

• Uh, excuse me? You do know that not everyone here is Catholic? I am Wisconsin Synod Lutheran so please do not insult me and the other Lutherans here. Care to address those dastardly Jesuits, including YOUR current marxist Pope???

• johnfkennedy63 says:

Of course I know that. I’m NOT insulting you. I did described Luther Perfectly. Was he a Catholic priest? Yes. Did he break multiple vows to God and Church? Yes. Did the Church, of which he was a member, declare him a heretic? Yes. I’m sorry you don’t like it, but I didn’t make history.
        The person who “most” people call Pope Francis IS a marxist fraud and arch-heretic, who will have much to answer for in the next life. The Jesuits should have stayed disbanded. They are leading countless Souls to Hell.
        My friend, we probably have much in common, I’m sorry you were offended.

• When I discovered that Martin Luther was rabidly anti-semitic because the Jews would not join the Lutheran church, I was dismayed, to say the least. However, he was right in that no intercession between the people and God is needed and was instrumental in getting the Bible translated so the common people could read it for themselves. For that, we must thank him, as well as the Englishman who did the same in the UK. Thank you for your reply.

17. stringplayer55 says:

Of all the swamp creatures that have oozed up while shedding light on this cabal’s effort to pull off a banana republic coup d’etat, James Comey is the one that I have the greatest contempt for. He presents himself as a Boy Scout: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

In truth, he is a snake in the grass, the most oily con artist out there. He tweets of desiring liberty, even as he has participated in the most blatant effort in this nation’s history at defeating the exercise of a free people to vote for the person that they believe will best represent their interests. He also tweets of “ethical leadership” that serves up “truth” and “lasting values”.

Comey was in a position of leadership. He had a chance to demonstrate “ethical leadership.” But he threw away that chance. He didn’t just accidentally toss it aside. He willfully tore it up, then burned the shreds so that not a trace of noble values could be found. He treated ethical leadership like Hillary treated her server and her Blackberries: with Bleachbit and hammers, respectively. Then he has the chutzpah to lecture the country with his totally self-serving admonitions.

Lock him up with Hillary, (wouldn’t they mak fine cellmates?) and throw away the key! I wish the only future reference to Comey would be as a new definition of a traitor. He should be in the pantheon. Add his name alongside Benedict Arnold and Quisling!

18. Bendix says:

I’m thinking about the bizarre spectacle of Comey reopening the email investigation and going through the Weiner emails at lightning speed, as Hillary made threats in that stentorian drone somebody told her to use.
    She threatened that the FBI had better have a good explanation for opening another investigation a week or so before the election.
    I wonder where that weirdness fits in?
    Senator Grassley first came to my attention as a shrewd investigator, at the time of that decision by the Feds to stop serving pork in prisons. They claimed prisoners didn’t like pork.
    His deft questioning, which the perpetrators couldn’t respond to, put an end to that nonsense.

• stringplayer55 says:

Reopening the FBI investigation of Hillary’s emails was a gambit that was supposed to clear Hillary and Comey of any further suspicion after Hillary was elected.

Hillary would be able to claim that she had been run through the mill and had come out clean – even to the point of the investigation being reopened just before the election. What more abuse should she be subjected to? Time to close the books on that!

Comey would be able to claim that he had been zealous in looking into the matter of Hillary’s emails. No one could raise questions that Comey was a shill working for Hillary. He had done her what some would always think a disservice. But with Hillary elected, she could absolve Comey. She would declare that he had only been doing his job. That’s what a good cop does. All is forgiven. His stature would go up immensely among EVERYONE. The left would accept Hillary’s absolution. The right would say “Look how far he went in what could have been an investigation that derailed Hillary’s campaign. He’s a really good egg!”

See how neat and tidy that would have been had their gambit worked? They thought Hillary was invincible, so they went the extra mile to prove how worthy each of them was. And they came up snake eyes – which is quite appropriate for creatures of the swamp!

19. sturmudgeon says:

Thank you, Sundance (and your Crew.. I cannot fathom your accomplishing all of this yourself).. for all you have done, and are doing, to give some clarity to all this CR*P, so that an elderly, slow, Sturmudgeon can gain some understanding of the machinations of these EVIL people! Thanks also, to the many Treepers who have commented in response to your postings, and thereby added to that clarification.
    WHAT A BLESSING THIS SITE IS!! Thank you!

20. Stephen e lawrence says:

Let’s lock up the lot and start a new year right. No side deals no bartering away the crimes no nothing and let’s see who is in charge of the government running things.

21. beaupre03 says:

Grassley seems to be firmly behind the MAGA agenda. Has he always been like this and can he be trusted? He never stood out to me before.

22. AsksTooManyQuestions says:

Sundance and all you Treepers do an amazing job of bringing together so many facts. I first noticed this site during the Trayvon Martin shooting and was really impressed with how you all put everything together.

I hope that people in powerful places are reading these pages.

23. duckandcover says:

Where’s Elliot Ness and his “No Touch” men when you need them?

24. simicharmed says:

Comey’s actual “tweet” –
    No stop signs, speed limit
    Nobody’s gonna slow me down
    Like a wheel, gonna spin it
    Nobody’s gonna mess me around
    Hey Satan, paid my dues
    Playing in a Corrupt land
    Hey mama, look at me
    I’m on my way to the promised land, whoo!
    I’m on the highway to hell
    Highway to hell

• simicharmed says:

And the preceding to that –
      Living easy, living free
      Season ticket on a one-way ride
      Asking nothing, leave me be
      Taking everything in my stride
      Don’t need reason, don’t need rhyme
      Ain’t nothing I would rather do
      Going down, party time
      My friends are gonna be there too