President Trump Christmas Visit to Recovering Troops at Walter Reed Hospital…

BETHESDA, Md. — President Donald Trump paid a holiday visit Thursday to wounded service members at Walter Reed National Medical Center, hailing them as “some of the bravest people anywhere in the world.”

During his visit, the president awarded the Purple Heart to 1st Lt. Victor Prato of the 127th Airborne Engineer Battalion, who was injured last month while deployed in Afghanistan.

Prato, 25, of Somers, New York, suffered multiple soft tissue injuries following a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device blast, according to the White House.

Video Tweet:

“One of the most powerful moments of my life watching @POTUS give the Purple Heart to this American Hero,” wrote press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Twitter, where she posted a photo of Prato. “Amazed by the strength and resilience of the men and women in our Armed Forces.”

Trump also met with other sick and injured service members from all branches of the armed forces, Sanders said.

Trump told reporters as he was leaving the White House en route to the medical center that he was going to “say hello to some of the bravest people anywhere in the world.”

“We’re just going to wish them a merry Christmas, a happy New Year,” he said. “We love those people.”

The president last visited the military hospital complex in Bethesda, Maryland, just outside of Washington, in April. (link)

Raw Feed Videos: (no audio)

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Donald Trump, Heros, media bias, Military, President Trump, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

99 Responses to President Trump Christmas Visit to Recovering Troops at Walter Reed Hospital…

1. JimWVa says:

Thank you, President Trump.

• That’s exactly what I said to him in my Christmas card.

Truly, one of the greatest leaders of all time.

• Cee says:

I’ve served our Veterans for the past 25 years and I can’t thank you enough Sundance for posting this memorable moment. I would suggest that all of you think about visiting our hospitalized Veterans during this Christmas season. Just go to your local VA, ask directions to the primary care ward, and ask the DON permission to visit. Please do this.

• Mikayla825 says:

We don’t have a VA hospital nearby. There is a home for disabled Vets that just opened last month around the corner. My daughters and I are on the list for Christmas Eve. We were too late to make the list for Christmas Day! How cool is that?!

2. God Bless our Great Troops in EVERY branch of service!

3. H.R. says:

At this point, if there is a coup, it won’t be a Military coup.

As opposed to the Former Resident of the WH who denigrated the troops, President Trump is a Commander In Chief who inspires the troops.

4. Kerry Gimbel says:

If that doesn’t put a lump in your throat, nothing will

5. MaineCoon says:

Thank you President Trump for not forgetting our wounded heroes during this Christmas season when they can’t be at home with their loved ones.

6. NJF says:

Love seeing all those smiles.

7. Minnie says:

Thank you, sir.

Your love and genuine respect for our military is acknowledged and appreciated.

God bless all who defend America

8. marblenecltr says:

And he wouldn’t snap his fingers as an order to a Marine to hold an umbrella over him.

9. spurgeon says:

Although the compassion, kindness, and greatness of our President is lost on the media who cover his every action with distain, the American people are very awake to who he is, what he has endured this past year, and what he has done (and is doing). Many more woke up this week with the tax cuts.

We are living in a very fascinating and important period in the life of our nation. I am so thankful PDJT is as the helm.

10. Donna in Oregon says:

Lord hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need, Amen.

11. kate says:

This is going to be the best Christmas ever, thank you President Trump for constantly telling the world about our brave military men and women and for your support, they have your back and they know you have theirs. Merry Christmas and MAGA

12. God in Heaven, I love this President!!!…. Thank you Lord for giving us this amazing leader and may he continue to be protected as he guides this country back to the greatness we all envision.

13. wheatietoo says:

That’s our President.
    He truly loves our warriors in the Armed Services…I’m sure that it hurts him to see them injured.

I hope the VA is finally taking care of our people they way it should.

14. fleporeblog says:

It is days like today that my love for our President grows beyond belief. He absolutely lives our veterans and active duty men and women.

15. filia.aurea says:

The President, while meeting with our injured service members is constantly reminded of the TRUE cost of placating the neocons and CIMC. Especially monsters like Henry Kissinger who called American soldiers “dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns of foreign policy”. Spit.

16. Dan says:

Coming up on 25 years, I’m proud and honored to have his signature on my retirement certificate. A Commander in Chief I wholeheartedly respect.

17. tommy lile says:

To the President of the United States….”The Lord bless you and keep you…..the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you……the Lord lift up his countenance upon you…and give you his peace,…Shalom”……

18. peace says:

Best Christmas President ever – just think, last year the do-nothing Obama was vacationing in Hawaii on the backs of the taxpayers.

19. Pam says:

I love seeing these types of moments. I watched these videos earlier and as someone mentioned, you can clearly see the smiles on the faces of these brave souls that defend our country. They know that they have a president that cares about them and will support them every step of the way.

May God bless our president, vice president and their families.

20. Grandma Covfefe says:

This President Trump is representing WeThe People very well. Thank you, Sir.

All of you in this thread have said everything I wanted to say about our President Trump today. I love you all.

I have nothing more to say except my heart is full of love and appreciation….for everything on a daily basis.

Thank You so much, dear President Trump.
    Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow…..

21. woohoowee says:

🙂 God bless them all.

Matthew 11:28-30King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

22. Kaco says:

He is such a good man, and visiting good men and patriots who have suffered for our country. God bless and protect them all.

23. fleporeblog says:

Secretary David Shulkin and our President have done so many great things for our Veterans this year!

Department of Defense: We are partnering on a new Electronic Medical Record and shared purchasing to better serve both Veterans and Service Members and best use taxpayer resources.

Housing and Urban Development: Together, VA and HUD helped house over 61,000 homeless Veterans last year alone.

Department of Energy: With DoE assistance, we’ve launched an important Veterans Brain Health Initiative and Big Data Super Computing to expand dramatically our research into Veterans’ health.

Department of Labor: Working together, the unemployment rate for Veterans has dropped to 2.6%, the lowest in 17 years.

Department of Education: With DoE’s support, VA helped enable more than 1 million Veterans to use the GI Bill in 2017.

Health and Human Services: Our collaborations have led 620,000 Veterans to participate in precision medicine initiatives, achieve a reduction of 36% in the use of opioids, and produce over 10,000 research papers that will help us better serve Veterans and all Americans.

Department of State: Thanks to DoS for coordinating the visits of dignitaries from 16 countries to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The Department of Justice has assisted with revising and coordinating new Telehealth regulations and regulations for prescriptions to improve Veterans’ access to care and medications.

The Department of Interior helped provide employment opportunities for Veterans through the Park Ranger Internship Program.

The Small Business Administration almost doubled the goal of 10 percent of federal contracts with Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business by achieving 19 percent.

And thanks to our partners in the private sector for helping provide Veterans’ care. In 2017, VA authorized 6.1 million community care appointments, a 42 percent increase over 2016.

24. Turranos says:

No one does it like this man, PDJT. Amazing! This is what these people needed. It’s a beautiful thing.

25. Matthew LeBlanc says:

He never ceases to amaze me

26. Southrider says:

Thank you Mr President. Visiting the injured, and not leaving a sense of it being a cheap photo op, really lifts the spirits of the families, I can attest to that.

• All American Snowflake says:

Thanks for putting it in to words… no more cheap photo ops condescendingly palmed off on the great peoples of America.

27. Michael says:

I havetears in my eyes. I just watched the president United States spend four minutes of his day talking to an United States soldier and his wife. Lookng straight at them,asking them questions listening to their answers and asking more questions. we are so blessed to have this man as president. God bless Donald Trump and God bless the United States

28. Maquis says:

Donald Trump is the most decent sincere people loving man. The way he interacts with these Veterans and their Spouses just brings tears to my eyes.

He is a genuine human being, not at all uncomfortable with anybody, showing so much love and respect. These young Servicemen and their families will never forget this visit. Nor will their President.

29. shirley49 says:

We sure made the right decision in electing this wonderful man. I pray every day that he will be kept safe.

30. wodiej says:

This choked me up. Thank you to all of our Vets for their service. You are loved and you are treasured. God bless you all and a full and speedy recovery.

Thank you, President Trump, for taking on this leadership especially that came with more than the usual challenges.

And thank you God for blessing our country. Let us always remember to honor and obey you. Amen

31. Mike diamond says:

Trump is a real man ! He really cares for our troops ! Obama was a disgrace !!!!!!!!

32. All American Snowflake says:

There was not audio but I started crying anyway. God bless our troops!